Chin-Up Check-In Mon 8.14

Soosan

Cathlete
Good morning! No chins or other workouts for me today. I've got a meeting this morning and then I'm taking my 6-yr-old daughter to Busch Gardens. My boys are both at camp.

Yesterday I tried Seasun Ziegler's Rock Steady Step which I had ordered from DDD ages ago but never tried. It was fun! The choreography was complex but doable. I just did the first combo twice rather than the whole thing so I could get the choreo down. Then I had to run to Richmond so I didn't get my usual yoga stretch in. Tomorrow I have chins and a total body on my plate.

Enjoy your day!:)

I have upper body today. So, I will be working on the chins. Maybe, I will get some yoga in also.

Sooosan-have fun at Busch Gardens. What is DDD?

Joanne

Hello ladies!! Soooooooooooosan, I wanna go to Bush Gardens!! Hope you had fun. Joanne, what upper body w/o did ya do? I love upper body work. Wish I liked working lower body so much.

I did Kickmax thru about blast 5. I was surprised the blasts didn't seem to bad. I must be getting better at intense cardio. I feel like my slump is over!!! At least for the last few days. No struggles to workout. Actually I had planned on making today a rest day, but when I got home I wanted to w/o. Don't worry, I'll work in a rest day. I luv my rest days!!!

Catherine

http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/1.gif

Wait, wait, wait, wait .......did nobody see Joanne's last post on the last thread???????:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: .. If I knew how to cut and paste I would.

SHE DID A 5 K!!! I just want to say congrats and GREAT JOB.

I did a 5 K last year and it was almost as torturous as yoga, maybe more so. (I'm just not an endurancy person). So can you share your time?? I'm just curious (I'm SUPER slow). We have a little 5 K in our town of Cashton in September...you want to come down and do it??? There are maybe 200 people and they do come from all over, primarily Lacrosse, I think, and others who just want to try a 5K or get medals. Some years it's tinier and other years there's a bigger crowd. Many are just farmers etc from the area that walk or jog slow. They serve donuts at the finish line....that'll make ANYONE go faster!!

I had two rest days last week x( x( x( , I thought I was entering a slump....but I did TJ this morning and gave it my all and I'm heading down to do C&B right now so I can be all caught up. Ohhhhh...and that Ab w/o. blech!! Had a 16oz coffee about 45 minutes ago...soooooo I think I'm ready!!

I want to go to Busch Gardens with Soosan!!!! Or to the beach with Melody. Or to Hawaii with Catherine. Joanne....lets go somewhere! I'm feeling deprived.

Briee

What's DDD? How does it compare to Cathe?

Briee

Delicious donuts delivered
Do donuts daily
Donuts don't depress
Do dunk donuts
Deranged donut dude (that would be me)
Do donuts not drugs (close)
Don't drive doing donuts (oooooooo...that's 4 D's :eek: :eek: :eek: )

Briee-thanks for those nice words but compared to some people on this forum a 5K is a hop skip and a jump. I ran it in 30 minutes. DD came in 1st in her age group and 9th over all. Me-I didn't place - oh well.

I didn't do my upper body today. Just a little cardio and a little leg work. I was in a slump today.

Joanne

Well.....I don't think it's a hop, skip and a jump. I think it's more like a gasp for air, groan and a moment in time that feels like an eternity x( x( x( x( .

AND....why do we always compare ourselves to others on this forum. That's like taking .000001% of the total population and seeing if we measure up to them. I mean sheeeesh....if you are standing in the Mall of America and you gather all the people together, you could MAYBE get a handful that could actually COMPLETE a 5K, or even stand that long to watch it.

SO....I think you were outstanding!!!

Briee

(I just completed Chest and Back, but skipped the skipperX, will do tomorrow.....I promise :p )

Somehow Joanne's 5K slipped by me. Thanks for calling it to our attention, Briee. I think it's just fantastic you set that goal for yourself and accomplished it, Joanne! I am NO runner, was always one of the slowest in my class and hated it ever since. You are one fit woman! Way to go! And WTG to your DD for getting first in her age group! How fun that you got to do it together.

Briee, you were awfully close on some of the DDD guesses:p , but DDD stands for DeepDiscountDVD (http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/), a great site to buy fitness and other DVD's cheap and w/free shipping. Lots of yoga.}( :) I still can't believe the workouts you do late at night, coffee or no. Does drinking coffee that late affect your sleep? Oh, that's right, you're like Martha Stewart who only needs like 3 hrs of sleep a night.

Catherine, I haven't done KM in a long time. I've just never loved the set-up of the workout because the kickboxing part doesn't get my heartrate up enough, but the blast part can be too much jumping. If the blasts had been individually chaptered, then you could at least put them in between the kickboxing sections to keep the heartrate up there but you can't. I love the leg drills at the end, though, and sometimes do 1/2 Low Max and then these drills. Can you convince me to like it more?

Busch Gardens was great. Nice to have some one-on-one time with my daughter who's just the cutest thing on earth!:) This morning I'm doing a local radio interview with a couple of people from the Y to talk about our Bright Beginnings Program, then I'm going to rehearse some music I'm singing with a couple of guys for a coffee house the Y's having, then a meeting, then chins, then my workout. Another busy day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.