Chin-up check in Aug 20

honeybunch1

Cathlete
New determination and energy which needed to be channelled in a positive direction resulted in a good chinning day! Did chins, some pull-ups (one set of 3 and some 2's!!!!) and inverted rows. Actually my best chinning day in a long time. Thanks for your encouragement!

"You can't win them all - but you can try." - Babe Zaharias http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/musik/music-smiley-004.gif[/img]

Hi HB. {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} again.

I'm back from my lazy 2 weeks at the beach, and I'll see the doc on Weds and hope to be told I can re-start my chin negatives.

Just waving to everybodeeeeeeeeeee.:)

I'll check ya out tomorrow.

Great news, HB! How are you doing otherwise? Has he noticed any change in the way you're acting toward him? Must be hard to act as though nothing has changed!

Melody, we missed you! Hope you had a wonderful time at the beach.

I didn't do any workouts this weekend because Saturday was a rest day and we spontaneously decided to go the VA Beach yesterday. My body was tired anyway, so the rest probably did me some good. I need to go to the Y today so will do some assisted reps. I'll be doing a total body workout later this afternoon. Hope everyone had a good weekend! Hi Briee if you're lurking!:)

HB, glad to see you are channeling that energy in a positive way!! WTG on 3 pullups!!

Melody, glad you are back!

Soooooooooooosan, glad you are listening to your body. Me too. No leg workout yesterday due to my back. I am due Yoga today.

Briee, donuts!!

Catherine

http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/1.gif

Did I hear donuts?:9

Someone please kick my butt and move me to workout. I did do a treadmill workout 3/x each week and worked each body part once w/weights each week while away, but those were easy workouts in the condo club's little gym.

I'm going to do LM, CM2, and yoga today and MM tomorrow to try and get back into the "hard" stuff.

Anyone wearing their big boots...c'mon kick me, please.

BTW, I missed you chinning chicks.:D And all that Germain in the previous check in thread gave me a tremendous headache.:+

Hey Chinnies! I did 3 sets, 8 reps each of assisted chins at the Y, using 35#, 40# and 40#. I stopped at the 6th rep in each set to rest a couple secs in order to finish the set. The other two days I'd done these, I'd stopped at the 6th rep to lower the weight and then continue, so this is progress.

On a bad note, while loading up backpacks with school supplies for needy kids at the Y, I managed to slip on one of the backpacks, slamming my knee on the floor and injuring myself. Not too badly, but enough to prevent me from doing lower body, cardio and (gasp!) yoga, for a couple of days. I wound up doing PUB instead of MM today. Maybe this will be a good way for me to concentrate more fully on UB.

Hey ladies, it's recovery week for me YIPEE!! Did CS today- I love this one!! I do think I'll do some chins tomorrow.

Sooooooooooosan, I got my new Eoin. It's a real good DVD for beginners/intermediate level. I think it's probably not for you. He does a really good job keeping it connected to the breath and shows poses for beginners and intermediate level. He also has a section to show the form for the poses- very helpful for me. I would love to take a class with him!!!

Melody, good luck on your appointment tomorrow. Hope you are recovered from vacation LOL!!

Hey, where the heck is everyone else???

Catherine

I did 2 on Monday and will try for some more when I go tomorrow. I really am upping GS into my routine to give my strength a boost. Later gators.

“In the beginning there was nothing. God said, 'Let there be light!' And there was light. There was still nothing, but you could see it a whole lot better.” --Ellen Degeneres

I'm chinning tomorrow.

"You can't win them all - but you can try." - Babe Zaharias http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/musik/music-smiley-004.gif[/img]

Back again from shopping with needy kids for the Y's "Bright Beginnings" Program. The program pairs volunteers and school-age children 5-12 living below the poverty line for a fun day of one-on-one shopping for school clothes and shoes. We raised so much money at the ball for this program that we needed three days to shop! All the volunteers and kids board school buses to the closest Wal-Mart, which is 45 minutes away. The kids are SO cute and thrilled to be receiving all their goodies. They also get backpacks full of school supplies when they get back to the Y. I haven't had this much fun shopping in years (and I love to shop!).

No time to work out, but because my knee is still healing, I'll probably do either core work or UB tomorrow. In either case I'll do my assisted chins at the Y.

Hi Catherine and Melody! Always great to read your posts.

HB, hope you're still surviving!

Briee, where the heck are you?

hiya Sooooooosan! Gonna try for those chinny chins again today at the gym :) I am trying to really heavy up on weights lately to see if I can break past this chin plateau!

“In the beginning there was nothing. God said, 'Let there be light!' And there was light. There was still nothing, but you could see it a whole lot better.” --Ellen Degeneres

Soooooooooooosan, what a wonderful day of shopping!! Isn't it a great feeling to see those smiles on those faces?

Life is disrupting my workouts again. This time it's kind of serious. My 5 year old yorkie got her hair cut yesterday. When I picked her up her eyes were practically swollen shut!! They had purulent drainage. So I questioned the groomers and they all were like "uh, I don't know". I was furious- she was completely fine when I took her in there. So I tried to call her vet and they were closing in 5 minutes and didn't want to see her till tomorrow. Mean time I get home and further assess the situation. My poor baby couldn't even open her eyes. I thought this is more than just a case of pink eye. It came on so quickly and she wasn't her normal perky self. I took her to a vet that had late hours about 40 miles away. Well she is concerned that Bisquit has had some sort of head trauma or strangulation because her right pupil was constricted and the left is normal. Being a healthcare person myself, I know that one normal pupil and one constricted is not good!! The whole picture is just odd. Both eyes with swelling and purulent drainage and one with a pinpoint pupil. They kept her for observation and ran some tests. The vet was comfortable with me taking her home with my background. So she is on a bunch of medicine (not fun). And still pitiful. I am staying home today to take care of her. I have a headache myself(no sleep), so I figured best just to take a day off. Sorry so long, but I am still angry at the groomer. I know that nothing may have happened there necessarily, but someone should have at least pointed out the obvious- her eyes!!!

Catherine

Catherine-Sorry to hear about your crazy day. Hope your doggy is doing better today.

Soooooosan-What a neat job you have. Also, it sounds like you have great hours. My job is so busy right now with the Election coming up. I work the same amount of hours during Election time (19.5/week) but have all this extra work. And, I am the only employee for the City so it get kind of crazy,

HB-Are you feeling stronger every day? I've been through this myself about 15 years ago so I know how you feel. My DH now is so wonderful.

Joanne

Hey everyone! I just got back from our third and last day of shopping, whew! I really do have a fun and flexible job, but these past three days for this particular program, I worked on a voluntary basis. It was well worth it.

After we got back to the Y, I did 3 sets, 8 reps each of assisted chins, using 35#, 40#, 40# for 4 reps and 45# for the last four reps. This is the first time since I've been back at the assisted reps that I got to 8 reps in the first two sets without having to add more weight, so I've made a little progress. Man, is this process slow-going for me! My knee seems to be completely healed but I'm not sure I have the energy to do cardio or leg work.

Catherine, so sorry to hear about poor Biscuit. I hope she feels better soon. What a stressful night and what an incompetent groomer!

Joanne, you're a city clerk, right? Bummer you don't get paid for the extra work. (My job can be like that as noted above.) How are your chins coming?

HB, hang in there!

Boybert, you sound like one strong mama.

Melody and Briee, come back soon - we miss you!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.