Chin up check in 9-30

briee

Cathlete
Just starting a new thread as the old one is getting WAY too long.

Now I'm confused Catherine, I thought Melody was taking a break because I read your site entitled MELODY! on OD board where Nancy posted that MELODY IS TAKING A BREAK FROM THE BOARD. Did I get lost somewhere....I realize that I should not have been reading a post to Melody....but NOSY me...I just had to see what you were talking about:7 :7 :7 .

Tomorrow is German day at church (pot luck supper afterwards that is) so I must come up with a German dish to bring. Any cool recipes would be SO appreciated. Soosan????????? (it must be easy and you must post it in the next 5 minutes - that's the catch). I'm quite certain donuts are of German origin. hmmmmmmm.

Briee

I also keep meaning to say that I'm so glad there is nothing wrong Catherine (ie colonoscopy).

Glad it all came out alright. (bad joke)

Briee

Yes, I did start that thread, but just was wondering if I missed something somewhere else as to why she is taking a break. I hope everything is ok with her.

Oh, yeah, everything "came out alright" LOL!!!!

Sorry, no recipies here. I don't cook!! Well, very little. German toast anyone??

Catherine

http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/1.gif

I didn't know Melody was taking a break either. With all she's got going on, I don't blame her, but I hope it's a short break. {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} to you and your cute boys, Melody, if you're reading this.

Catherine, so glad to hear everything went well!

Briee, it's probably too late, but could you go to the store and pick up some bratwurst? Germans eat a lot of boiled potatoes, too. (I'm thinking EASY here.) Did you check the web?

You are so naturally athletic, you're going to soar through this triathalon! How cool is it that you're even doing it?! I didn't notice the 7-yr-old DH either, but with all this identity hoaxing going on, you're probably 6 and pretending to be a grown-up. I'm worried about Rocky and Buckingham too. Fiona's probably posted their pics all over the place, knowing her.

I like your thinking Soosan...and I always say "great minds think alike"....or "great minds think about donuts"...or something like that. I live in the heart of Amish country (PA dutch/German..all sounds the same to me) and I took out my Amish cookbook, dusted it off and found a sausage/apple/sweet potatoe casserole thingy. I bought turkey brats in place of the sausage and am assembling this morning. Maybe I'll buy a beer on the way and pour it over the whole thing before baking it at church...just to be sure it's German. Thanks for your suggestion - I feel like this casserole has been rightfully confirmed now!!

By the way...my 82 year old mom living with us now is German/speaks German etc. I could ask her to post to you in German so you can irritate the rest of us by talking about us behind our backs, except you'd be in front of us (in an indirect computery kind of a way)...ALSO you could discuss Bryan Kest in depth and it wouldn't even phase me (I'm sure my mom will enjoy that - LOL)!!

Briee

Hey chinsters!! Today I did Pyramids bonus premix. I did not do all of the leg work and went super light. Darn back was doing fine all week. Been babying it,... Then last night I start to get that tingling in the buttock and leg again x( This is reeking havoc on my mental state of mind. I almost didn't even workout this morning. I am kinda an all or nothing girl. I want to be able to go all out and I just can't. So I convinced myself to do what I could and that's what I did. I do feel better afterwards. But during, I wanted to lift what Cathe was doing!!

Oh and I did do some chinups. Small sets with a total of 16 reps. Have only been fitting these in about once a week so it's hard to make gains that way. Will work a little harder when I can.

The weather is gonna be beautiful here today. How's everyone else doing?

HB, not to be nosey, but I hope you are doing ok. Haven't heard alot from ya since your issues with your SO.

Catherine

http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/1.gif

Hey chinners...just biked the 14 mile route for the tri. Extremely hilly, but beautiful. One of the hills is 1 mile long and steep - this was not fun, but great interval work. Nothing else to report...I've got to do some chins tonight!!!

Joanne...you really must come biking here NOW. The hills are FULL of color...it is breath taking. You and your dh would LOVE it.

Briee

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.