:::CHEETAHVILLE:::Wednesday

gwd

Cathlete
Good early morning Cheetah babes!

Got a quick second to stop in and say hi, I'm still alive...just barely:eek:. I should be home in time to catch up on personals this afternoon.

Yesterday was the day from he double hockey sticks:mad::eek:!!! The horse was AMAZING...was first in all three classes!!!! The rest of the day, well, if it could go wrong it did. Problem A) Me standing in the show office for an hour and a half sobbing and hysterical because of a paper work issue that would keep the horse from showing that should never have happened. Problem B) the boss running out of gas on the way to the show so he was laaaaaate. Problem C) Because no boss, I had to put a *new* rider on the horse who had never even seen the horse go (our regular rider was obligated to a different show) and warm her up and brief her on the do's and don'ts of said horse. Problem D) We got picked by the drug testers for a blood and urine sample...which is fine, our horses get NOTHING:rolleyes:. However, horses don't really pee on command, you know:rolleyes:, so we had to wait around for over an hour until he decided to relieve himself. UUUUUGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!

Okay, that's off my chest now *LOL*:eek:.

I can't believe how excited I am to see you guys Friday!!!

Anyway, time to stop jibber jabbering and get my buttski out the door. Have a great day ladies. TTFN!

good morning, cheetahs! unfortunately, i am not quite as wide-eyed and bushy-tailed this morning as i didn't sleep that well. :(

the meeting yesterday went well and wasn't as long as i thought. i even made time to go to sports authority for a few workout outfits. i still haven't found anything i love, so i'll keep the tags on and see what i really wear on the trip. the rest i can take back.

wendy-that is so cool that you already met some people! yes, i'm at the fairfield, so call me when you get in. i'll have my cell. i read what you said about getting to the gym so early on friday. good points. as for the gym classes, if you use the gym for your tm running and cathe for other cardio, i would definitely take a body pump class or something like that. or..you could try a spin class since that's something you wouldn't do at home.

carole-meeting was fine. hopefully, it will be a good year. so, how is everything with the smoke, etc.? still getting better?

jackie-your iTread mish mosh sounds fun (and tough!). the no power thing with your ext. happened to me once when i hadn't used my tm for a while. i FREAKED but plugged it in again and that worked. glad your ext is back up and running. my tm is at least ten years old and with how many miles it has logged, i'm surprised it still works well!

linda-that is so neat that you will have your sister around for a while. i am sure you will enjoy it!

judy-i am not really adhering to gillian all that strictly right now. while she makes good arguments about combining, i haven't been doing that. i did dtart keeping my fruit out instead of in the fridge (i love it cold!) but thought that was something easy to do. i am likeing a lot of her recommendations. i do the water and lemon thing in the morning. i like the teas and have been drinking more and more tea (green tea and herbal tea). i have NO candy in the house anymore, so that should help with the sugar addiction. i signed up to start her bootcamp the monday i get back from the rt, and i am going to try and follow that completely. she gives tasks, it's not just an eating plan, but iot appears really sound and will probably do me a lot of good. wanna do it with me? ;) it's on her website. come on, ya know ya wanna!!!

gloria-great job on the five miles and then a hike with the pups. i wish i could do that with mine more, but having two who are somewhere around 11+, one who is 9, one who is almost 6, and one who is probably somewhere around 3, their endurance levels have changed, especially with the heat. i remember when i had just maggie, sadie, and baloo and we would walk 5+ miles EVERY morning (we walked with a friend and her two dogs). baloo was even my running partner for a while and got up to 7 miles running! i think he could still do it, i just have to start him slowly with low mileage.

shelly-i hope you are getting settled and feeling at home in your new home. :) i am so excited to be meeting you in ONE MORE SLEEP!!! i really, really hope you can still make it. come on, you can...you're SUPER CHEETAH! you could probably run there and back! ;)

wt-about that whole walk/run for the mary. check out jeff galloway's website (www.runinjuryfree.com). his program really makes a lot of sense. i don't follow his training schedule because i think the mileage is a leetle high, but i use his walk/run for marathons. i take a walk break for 60 seconds starting the first water station. yeah, the first mile or so, people are yelling, "come on, you can do it!" and stuff like that and my competitiveness kicks in, but i still take the full minute. it's fun later when you race past them as they are walking suring the upper miles. also, i have never been sore after running a marathon and i think it's because of the walk breaks. the first one i did, i didn't do the walk breaks and i was verrrry sore the next day!

wendi-i am so sorry about your day yesterday!!! i hope today is better. at the sanctuary, we have a horse called becky who was terribly abused int he rodeo. we got her for $500 and she is just about the most beautiful and sweetest horse ever!
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh292/Lederr/Vicki-1.jpg

shout out to dallas, sunny, and anyone else who might be reading.

so, i need to get my arse in gear and get moving on a w/o. yesterday was lic ub premix and 4ds lis. i am really hitting the stepping hard. i don't wanna look too foolish when tripping up at the rt! :rolleyes: i was looking at the rt pictures and everyone has such cute outfits!!! i can't seem to find anything i am crazy about. i have a meeting from 9-11, then a doc appointment at 2:30, so i think i will look some more between then. ahhhh...the days are kinda nice when the students aren't there. they start monday.

well, off to figure out my workout! i hope you all have a GREAT hump day!

Good morning, cheetah chickies!
th_happy-038.gif
th_happy-038.gif
th_happy-038.gif

Gloria :: you received THE LETTER??? Ut oh. *lol* I suppose I'll be getting mine soon, too. Need to start prepping. :) I think I would feel more comfortable trying kayaking in a river, rather than in the ocean like I see some people doing...Nice to follow up your run with a hike.

Christine :: you had me chucklin' over DH being slow on the bike. :) Sounds like some fun workouts you are getting.

Wendy :: looks like the girls are on board for the Fri. afternoon plan. I think we should spare them the fine dance moves of Adelphia's --
th_farley.gif

what do you think?

Lorie :: thanks for sharing your experiences. I bought Jeff's book right after I registered for Chicago and his is the plan I have been following. He made a solid case IMO for utilizing the walk breaks. No doubt it is the right choice for me since I did not have a base built...Did you see yesterday's discussion re: Friday afternoon? If you are not in a rush to get to the gym exactly at 4 and would like to hang out for a bit, we came up with a plan!! :) Good luck finding some cute, new gear.

Wendi :: starting fresh today...hope it's a positive one.

Today's circuit will probably be DM or a premix thereof, but I reserve the right to change that up on a whim. :)

Hope everyone has a reason to smile this hump day! :)

Good Morning Cheetahs!:D

Cathy: LMBO~I am crackin' up over your Adelphia's comment! I almost forgot about that! Too funny! I don't think we will have to worry about that in Applebee's or anywhere like that. :p Oh and the crack in your post is the icing on the cake!:D

Wendi: Hugs. Sorry about your crappy day but I'm glad the horse won atleast. BE-YOO-TI-FUL work, dahling! :) So I am planning on arriving at the Fairfiled Inn by 3 on Friday. How will I find you?

Lori: Okay, I have to write down everyone's cell #. So will you be joining Cathy, myself and the Cabber girls for a possible bite to eat and a couple of cabs on friday afternoon? If so, we'll definately have to get in touch anyway. Okay so now you are making me re-think my plan. I was going to see how my 15 mile training run went, and was hoping to be able to go to my 18 mile race intending to run the entire thing. Bad move?? I ran my entire last half but the 18 is a new distance for me. Not sore?? YIKES! I don't know how! Holy cow! I was down for 3 days after both halfs! You are amazing!

Okay so I have to work early this morning which means I'll be out of there by 11am. YAY! Have plyo on tap for today. Not sure if I'll do One on One again or something different like Plyo X, etc. I'll decide later.

I have some nice ub doms from y'day's chest and back work out! Hurts so good. ;)

Off to get more coffee...BBL!

I have a couple more personals to catch up on from last night!

Christine: Wow you got one heck of a work out yesterday. Did the coffee help to re-charge you? How is your sis?

Gloria: Yah, I like to think of myself as a sponge. I let everyone else talk and I just sit there quietly and soak up all of the information! LOL

Cathy: LMBO~I am crackin' up over your Adelphia's comment! I almost forgot about that! Too funny! I don't think we will have to worry about that in Applebee's or anywhere like that. :p Oh and the crack in your post is the icing on the cake!:D

*lol* That is Chris Farley's crack. :)

Yeah, there were no dull people-watching moments in that place, huh?

Morning everyone!

Lorie: Your kids start so early. It seems too hot to be in school. I have more workout clothes than other ones! I am very picky so it is hard to find things I like. Hopefully you can meet up with the gals before the RT. Have a blast!!! It is too hot to take the dogs for a run with me in the summer unless I am running along water. It is stressful thinking about them getting overheated.

Cathy: Uh oh is right, as I haven't even thought anything about that word. I haven't even read that book yet. I just hate rereading things. How fun you are meeting up with the girls, wish I could be there!

Wendy: Good luck today!!! :)

Carole: I meant to say former Tamilee user for you last night. :)

DH took today off too so not sure what work out I will do. He usually goes into work for a little while even when he has the day off. Have a fun day everyone! :)

Good morning cheetahs

Wendi..sounds like one looooong day yesterday!! You will have a blast at the RT.

Cathy...interesting about craving milk after you run, I'd say that is a good post run protein! You will have to let me knowhow you like the Pomegranate & Raspberry Ultra. it is funny about adding one thing to the nutrition software and have things go crazy! I need to get more Omega 6 as I keep getting F's there. LMAO at your dancer (Farley). I remember Adelphia's...:D...Have a fun circuit.

Lorie...thanks for asking, the smoke started getting better last week. It is amazing how seeing blue skies again can improve ones mood!! Getting in all these step workouts will really help for the RT. You are gonna have so much fun.

Jackie...quite a good cardio mish mosh. Glad you got the EXT working and I to hope it was just a glitch.

Wendy...looks like a good rotation you posted yesterday. Well, I didn't really say "suck it up!"...:)...but honestly when you decide on a high mileage run that you want to complete without crashing, you do need to spend some time doing that exercise, which is running. Weightlifting will always be there and this is only for 9-10 weeks. Doing heavy legwork within a month of the 18 miler will NOT help you in any way on that run. I would back off to endurance workouts at that point. Have fun with PlyoX.

Linda..this was the 1st time on this rotation that I did Imax instead of PlyoX or IntervalX+. I ended up doing Hardcore Extreme's Imax3 & Lowmax segment for about 40 min. How cool your sister is retiring at 49...that is my age and I don't see retirement for a long time!

Gloria..as I remember some of those Tamilee workouts were tough...until I found Cathe!! Imax2 is mt favorite of the Imaxes. Good job with the 5 miles yesterday.

HEY! We got some rain this morning!!!
1.gif

I just pray not too much lightning in the mountains...

Today will be P90X Total Body and a 4 mile run...

Have a great day...:)

Good morning!

Judy – Good job on the 6 mile run! The TM is definitely my best friend in the heat….and also the cold….and the early morning (when it is still dark…..or night) ;>)

Cathy – I did look at the tutorial….but my ‘puter at work does not have a sound card….so I don’t know if there was any “talking” in it. I will check it out at home. Time has not been on my side in the evenings lately! I will look at it more closely. I really think I may get it after vacation. I am starting to kind of get excited about it! Enjoy your circuit!

Wendi – Oh my! I am sorry you had such a rough day at the show yesterday! I am glad that the horse did well, though!!!! Sounds like you had a heck of a day!

Lorie – Good job on the workouts! It has been so long since I have done step…I would be tripping up for sure! I miss step workouts a lot! You are sooo lucky to be going on the RT! I wish our vacation would not have been scheduled for that week!

Wendy – Did you like One on One? I liked it a lot. I do wish there were chapters, though (just so I could chapter through the long breaks)…but I like the workout a lot! Don’t ya just love DOMS???

Gloria – Do you think it will be hot during the day in Montana this time of year? I wonder if I should take something to run in the early mornings, besides shorts and singlets? Do you remember? Have fun with whatever workout you do!!

Carole – I love that HCE workout! I truly miss my step workouts! Yes, 49 is my age, too…..and I won’t be able to retire for quite some time!! :<( Enjoy your P90X+ and run! I hope you don’t have any lightning! I love the rain….but don’t want to be outside in lightning!

I ended up working out last night. And that was a quick reminder of why I workout in the mornings! My phone rang NINE times! I finally gave up and got off of the TM after 3 miles.
I ran 3 miles, did 4DS Legs, abs, and then 4DS T&Bi’s. At least while doing weights, it wasn’t so aggravating to stop and answer the phone. It was a very, very frustrating workout!

Hi to all wonderful Cheetahs! BBL!!

Linda

Gloria :: I haven't resumed my professional readings, either. That makes us WT slackers, huh? :) So be it. This was a school year that's taken me a little longer to recharge from. Enjoy whatever workout you do. DH sounds like a hard worker--no wonder he's so successful.

Carole :: yeah, the milk thing has been a constant ever since I started running...A curiosity, but I just figured I was listening to my body...So I was kind of amused to hear the reports in recent years about chocolate milk as a recovery drink...it seems I often do well in either Omega 3's or 6's, but not both. One--I think the Omega 3-- is sometimes TOO high between the flax cereal, wheat germ, flax seeds, and nuts. Potassium is still a bugger for me. YAY for the rain! Hopefully, there'll be no lightning.

Linda :: Whoo, what a popular lady you are getting that many calls! I usually let the call go to VM if it rings while I'm working out, but 9 times would be a little ridic!!...BTW, that is some intense workout during mary training!...Yes, there is a voiceover on the tutorial...You can always stick with the one-month membership, and if it is not convenient or working for you, you're only out 10 bucks.

Cathy - 2 of those were telemarketer/fundraisers.....the rest family and friends. :>) I am always afraid something is wrong....so I answer. If I don't answer my cell phone they call my home phone and keep on and on 'til I answer. They panic when I am not answering. ;>) But seriously...they do! I won't do that much in terms of weight work after this week. I was wanting to get in as much as I could before vacation since I probably won't be able to do it then. I should have run more last night...but I was too frustrated. Next time I will let home phone go to VM and turn cell off!

Cathy: Oh yum! I've ALWAYS wanted to see Chris Farely's crack!:p Oh yeah, people watching was certainly not dull at the Adelphia last summer. :D

Linda: With One on One being so similar to the rest of the BB plyo work outs I was afraid I wouldn't be impressed if for no other reason then the fact that it's the same old stuff BUT I actually think I like it the best out of ALL of them! I really enjoyed it. He throws in little things to spice it up. It's just different from the rest of them. So yes, I am very happy with it. It gave me DOMS for THREE DAYS! How can you NOT be happy with something that can do THAT!? ;)

Carole: You are absolutely right! I just tend to suffer from wanting to focus on too many things at once and that doesn't neccessarily work too well. LOL I am satisified with the amount of weight work I was able to put into the rotation I created y'day and it appears to be quite doable along with the 4 runs per week so I am happy. :) I had already decided to nixx heavy leg work for a while and it comes at a perfect time I guess. I am going to do plyo and either body weight only exercises or perhaps some light weight/high rep endurance work with the lower body. No heavy weights at all for a while. I am planning on taking a weight class at the gym on Friday eves. I will use light or no weight for lower body. The Pomegranate & Raspberry Ultra sounds yummy. I've never heard of flavored BEER before though. Interesting concept. I am a fan of the Smirnoff Twists and the Bacardi Silvers. The raspberry and orange flavors are my favorite. YUM!

Gloria: Enjoy your day with DH!

Okay, all caught up here. Time for java! I'll be back though!:)

Last edited:
Hi Girls.

I ended up doing Thin Thighs Guaranteed followed by P90 Masters Plyo Legs. Yeah, that HURT! I'll be limping tomorrow morning! ;)

Off to the showers..headin' to MIL's for dinner in less then an hour!

BBL or tomorrow!

DM is done. Haven't done it as produced in a long while.

Linda :: wow, they really do worry about you!

Wendy :: Guess you weren't an SNL watcher, huh? Enjoy dinner at MILs.

Wendy :: Guess you weren't an SNL watcher, huh? Enjoy dinner at MILs.

Nope, not really. Why? Is it that obvious? LOL I watch it here and there with DH but not that often. I have to say though that I get into the Debbie Downer skits. Funny stuff! :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.