:::CHEETAHVILLE:::Sunday

gwd

Cathlete
Good morning ladies!

Well, it's morning at least, not so sure about the "good" *lol*! I'm in the middle of PackMax (blasted CT horse show that I soooooo don't want to go to:mad:) right now but have a quick minute to drop in and catch up at least a leetle bit:eek:. You probably won't see me again until Tuesday night/Wed morning unless my boss brings his laptop and then I'll definitely find some time hang with you gals.

Cathy - You have me LMAO with your account of your run:eek:. WTG on that tough 16 miles yesterday:eek:!!!! You did it!!!!! LMAO about the limes and Patron:D:D! I hope the chaffing isn't too bad...yeeeowch. How are you feeling today? Enjoy your well earned massage today. Honey, you are NO Jabba! Thanks so much for posting the pic...your's is a bit better than mine so I think I'm going to steal it;). I did have a fabulous time with everyone...MUST do it again in the not-too-distant future. Uh, yeah, Wendy and Lorie are teeny, tiny aren't they? You're too cute WTs, *lol*!

Carole - WOW, fantastic job on the 3.86! It sounds like it's really tough to get stellar grades like that with that nutrition software. Oh, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that premix! Great pick!

Jackie - It was sooooooo hard to not think back on the GTG and class yesterday, especially when I just wanted to jabber on and on about how much fun it was and how wonderful everyone was, etc. I want to do it again tomorrow, you know? Awwwww, thanks hon...me and cameras don't usually get along but I try to suck it up for things like this:eek:. I'm just glad to finally have pics of me and some of the lovely ladies so that I can convince certain other people that my online friends are NOT imaginary and do, in fact, exist in real life lol! Glad you had a nice run yesterday and I think that's an awesome idea to venture out with your friend. We all get bored with the same scenery over and over again. I hope it does the trick for ya!

Gloria - Sorry to hear you were in a bit of a funk Friday:(. Never worry about bringing negative vibes here cuz, who knows, maybe we can turn that around for ya! Great job on getting those bike rides in. How was your run yesterday?

Karen - Oh, many, many {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}} and prayers heading you and your mother's way! So relieved that it was caught so early and it sounds like she's going to be okay. There are plenty of shoulders here, st your service, at any time. Great to hear that you got in some awesome runs...wtg on the headache-free 10 miler. I can have the *exact* same problem so it's something I try to keep in check. Glad you've figured out the cause.

Really must get back to packing here. I'm gonna miss you guys. I hope I can drop in on the boss' computer. Have a great one!

Hi Friends :)

It was so nice of Cathy to post a picture of the pre RT GTG. You are all so beautiful!

Karen- Thank goodness your Mom is doing better and has a good prognosis! I'll keep her in my prayers. wow you did some nice runs on your vacation.

Wendi- Thanks for getting us started today. You look so fit in the group picture!

Jackie- I hope your new running buddy works out. Let us know

Carole- that is nice that you turned your sis onto the nutrition software here at Cathenation. Are you finding it helpful? How does it compare to free ware like Sparkpeople and Fitday? One more question, do you find it to be very time consuming? Or does it get easier after you input many of you own foods/recipes?

Cathy- I enjoyed reading about your comments on the 16 miler yesterday. You are really doing well with your trainning. Now I hope that massage is just the ticket to a nice well earned rest day.

Hi Wendy & Lorie Are you having a nice sunday at the RT?

OK, it is time to get moving here. Hopeto be back tomorrow ladies :)

Good morning, everyone!
th_biggrin.gif

th_sun_bake.gif

Gloria :: Thanks for the long run encouragement :)...I really was weaving ala Chevy a little bit at the end yesterday. *lol* So you had a frustrating day Friday? Hope whatever it was, things are better now. Glad you are enjoying putting the miles on your bike.

Karen :: Welcome back! That is good that things were caught early and the docs are confident they will get it all. I'm glad the long-awaited news is so promising and that the week at the shore did ya good.

Wendi :: Uhh, miss, YOU and Wendy and Lorie are all teeny-tiny! And I disagree--I think you look adorable in all the photos. The newly-chafed parts aren't bothering me today, and overall, my legs are a liiiitle tired but I feel good, thanks! I guess I'm pretty much going to have to grease up my entire body with Body Glide next time. *lol* Good luck @ the horse show. I hope the weather is as gorgeous there for you as it is here. I would love another GTG.

Judy :: great to see you...what have you been up to lately?

The BBQ last night, which included a few rounds of volleyball, was fun. After all the day's activity, I pretty much slept like a rock. I wouldn't normally plan my rotation this way, but in light of the schedule rearranging I had to do this week, today is supposed to be kettlebells and an easy run. I don't know if I'm going to adhere to that plan all the way. Will play by ear and just do what I feel later. I'm stopping by the diner this morning to visit briefly (Carole, shall I give your regards to Helga? :)) and then drop off the Cabber girls at the airport. Afterward is my massage. I can't wait!

Have a TERRIFIC Sunday, everyone!

Thanks so much girls. I'm still on a misson to do laundry and go to Walmart today. I'll be back Monday with personals. I really unloaded my fridge before we left. I love going away because it forces me to clean out the freezer and eat stuff that gets pushed to the back. Sounds gross. Doesn't it. But you know what I mean. Now I can load up with some new chicken breast, fish and beef for dh. I'm going to check out the nutrtional software tonight. I'm taking another rest day. I think two rest days in a row will do me some good and then I will get back on workout max tomorrow. I almsot forgot I have a 5k Aug 17th until I looked at my calendar. I did that to keep me honest on vacation which I did do. I ate bad but the scale stayed the same which makes me happy plus I worked out everyday. It was great to not stuff myslef down the ocean which I normally do.

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...LMAO on your 16 mile run description!! CONGRATS on making it!!!!! I know there always seem to be new places to chafe the longer you go...Let's see, why do we run marathons??? So we can wear those great medals after we cross the finish line? Because we love running?...maybe, but for me finishing my 1st was the best feeling I ever had. It didn't matter that my legs were sore for 4 days..:D...I run them so I can say I did...:D. You do deserve a massage today! I usually get in the mid range for my calories with the NS. Sounds like a fun BBQ.. Of course, give my regards to Helga!!!..LOL!!

Wendi..I hope the horse show goes well. Thanks re my GPA. Sometimes it is hard to get good grades with the nutrition software.

Judy...I am finding the nutrition software very helpful. I only used Fitday before and this software is much better! My sis says it is a lot like Weight Watchers online, but she like this one better too. As I did have to program in many of my own "custom foods" that itself was time consuming but after you do that then it is much easier and less time consuming.

Karen...That sounds like good news that they caught your Mom's cancer early! I can imagine how much better that makes your family feel. I am glad you enjoyed your vacation and it sounds like your running went well. That is nice about not having the headaches after running anymore. I used to get them occasionally after my long runs. We have been having fun with the nutrition software! Congrats on not gaining any weight.

Gloria...WOW. My DH knows everything about anything too...The premixes on KPC/L&G are pretty good. Sorry you had a not so fun day friday, unfortunately that does happen from time to time, so no worries.

Jackie..my problem was not with Omega 3's but with Omega 6's. The ratio is supposed to be 4 to 1 (Omega 6 being the 4). I always get in my Omega 3's but got the Smart Balance for the Omega 6's. I have no problem keeping my protein up without fish, but I do enjoy salmon once or twice a week. Good job on finding another vegetarian site! How cool you have a marathoner for a neighbor. I hope you 2 will be able to do some runs together.

I am planning on a 10-12 mile run this morning with my sister and friend.

Have a great day...

Good morning Cheetahs!

Cathy - I have that same question to why people run marathons. :D The funny thing is we question the runs but we're always back out there trying to do it again. Congratulations on getting through that long run! You deserved that massage! Know you will enjoy it. I just met the neighbor yesterday. He might be able to motivate me do that mary but he'd better hold his mouth just right. :p Oh, yeah, you deserve to eat all of the BBQ you wanted too.

Gloria - Sorry about the crabbiness. I'm sure we all have those days. But, you're better now. Good job with the bike riding.

Karen - Welcome back! So happy to hear they caught your mom's cancer at an early stage. Will continue to keep her in prayer. Glad you enjoyed your vacation with all you had on your mind. Nice runs and yay for no headache.

Wendi - Have a safe trip! Hope it's a lot better than you think. Laughing here at you showing other people that your cyber friends really do exist. Tell that boss of yours to take his computer. How long a drive is it?

Judy - Hello.

Carole - Like your reasons for running a marathon. So how much protein do you try to get on a daily basis? I'd like to stay around 100g but it gets hard sometimes. Guess I need to look at my Omega 6 too. Now, you will have me looking at the Smart Balance again. LOL! Enjoy your run with your sis and friend.

Rest day for me. Going to church and visit my mom. Then this afternoon, I'll just take it easy.

Enjoy your day!

Jackie...the nutrition software has me between 31g and 108g for protein. I seem to get in about 90-100 daily. Their requirements for the omega's is Omega 3 is .99g-2g. and Omega 6 is 8.3g-17g. I was a bit nuts with distance running as I really liked marathon training and getting into the higher mileage. Enjoy your church day and visit with your Mom.

I ran 12 miles with my friend. My sister's lower back was bugging her a bit so she only ran 6. I have had those days...the 12 was tough but a very nice feeling to get it done...:D

Now to catch some rays...
5.gif

Hey Gang!

I got home from the RT just before 1pmt this afternoon. After perusing the boards for about 10 mins I hit the bed for a snooze. I got in a 1/2 hour and it was just enough to take the edge off the exhaustion so here I am! :p

Had a blast! As previous trippers know, it's an EXHAUSTING weekend but it was really super fun. I got to meet some absolutely wonderful people and had lots of laughs as well as several intense work outs!

It was a wonderful treat to have Cathy and Wendi there for a while even though they couldn't stay. We had lotsa fun at our Fri afternoon gathering at Applebees. Cathy twisted my arm ;) into having a shot right before we left the restaraunt after already having drank 2 coors lights so when it was time for the official RT festivities I was DEFINATELY feeling FESTIVE!:p LOL

I took several pics but I can't post 'em just yet. I purchased what I THOUGHT was a disposable digital camera but it wasn't quite what I thought :confused: so I have to get the pics developed at the drugstore and request a cd so that I can get 'em on my pc and then I'll post them for you. I promise to do that ASAP. :)

I guess that's all for now. I hope you don't mind but I'll be forgoing personals right now. I may post some later but will DEFINATELY start fresh tomorrow morning at the latest!

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend.

just popping in to say how bad I suck at the nutrition so far. i really thought I ate healty but I have a few failing grades and I eat no where near enough. Very much an eye opener. I think mostly because I eat the same thing all the time. Wow, My score is a 3.12 and I really worked at that. UGH. Lots to learn.

Hello Everyone!

Wendi: The run was great, thanks for asking! Good luck on your horse shows!

Cathy: I have suffered many long runs, but not as long as what you did. It is not an easy thing. Yeah, I finally got DH to get my bike down last week. We both kept forgetting about it! It is nice to do something different, but I am a runner at heart. :) Glad you had fun last night. How did your time at the diner go?

Karen: I am so pleased to hear the good news about mom! Continued prayers! Your running philosophy is the same as mine! :)

Carole: It sounds like your DH and mine have a lot in common! They might have a blast together, or argue about right and wrong! LOL! Great mileage today!

Jackie: I hope you had a nice day of rest today. Sounds like a nice day you had planned. :) Thanks re: the crabbiness!

Wendy: I knew you would have a blast! Welcome home!

Yesterday I had a good 6 mile run. Today I did my 4.2 loop and Tamillee arms. Last night we had dinner with one of Andy's workers. He is a retired medical doctor. They have the most beautiful house on the river I have ever been in. They call it the "cabin" since they also have a house in Florida. We had a VERY nice time with them. They are even older than my BF! So many good people out there. :) It is cold like fall today. I made Mexican tortilla lasagna today, as it is cold enough and dark enough to be a comfort food day. It looks good! Have a nice night all! As for the crabiness on FRI. . . . it was nothing big. Just a lot of little things like stepping in dog crap and the propane running out on the grill mid cooking. There were more, but no need to discuss it now. :) Thanks ladies!

Oh Wendi I was thinking of you last night. The wife of the doctor owned a horse farm in southern MI and she ran it all by herself. They had fourteen horses at a time. She said she was in the best shape of her life. She still looks great. No wonder you are so fit! :)

Hey, everyone~

I have yet to work out. Maybe I won't.
evilgrin.gif
I am in such complete Zen mode after that hot stone that MeditateMax sounds about my speed right now. ;) Would that be so wrong? (Rhetorical question. Wendy, don't answer!
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
)

Carole :: I loved your answer to the why do this question. :) :) :) No Helga sighting this morning...Nice job on the 12. Love your smiley. Enjoy catching those rays.

Jackie :: I haven't loss my determination, but I do question my own sanity on some of these runs! *lol* You got me laughing about your neighbor holding his mouth just right...How's your mom doing these days?

Wendy :: Hey, now--I do believe the word "shot" came out of your mouth first, did it not? Fun hangin' out again!
greengrin.gif
Glad you had such a great time on the RT.

Gloria :: Missed your post somehow...Glad you had fun at the "cabin" last night. I tend to make friends from all walks of life, too...Mm, Mexican tortilla lasagna?!! Would you be willing to post that recipe sometime when you get a chance? That sounds right up my alley...My visit to the diner was short. I didn't really want to crash the event, so I arrived around 10:30 to sit for just a couple of minutes and then run Di & Ange back to the airport. At that point, many people had already cleared out. I'd hoped to see Lorie (had some fresh Philly pretzels I wanted to send her home with!), but she must've already left.

Cathy: Here is the recipe... it is TASTY!!!!! I even ate two servings!! Maybe that is dangerous, but oh well. Gotta live a little. :)

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/mexican-lasagna-recipe/index.html

I used ground turkey since our store didn't have the ground chicken. I reccommend using your favorite salsa and maybe pick up a couple extra cans of diced tomatoes.

I was nervous to go over there last night because I knew what high class people they were. All three of their children have Phds. They are wonderful people, and it goes to show that we have no business being judgemental. Dh and I had a great time and we even got some hugs when we left! :):):) Can't beat the good talks. Have a nice evening. :)

Carole - Thanks for sharing your nutrition info. Good job on the 12 mile run! Sorry your sis back was bothering her. Hope it's all better.

Wendy - Glad you enjoyed the RT! Did your shyness leave you? Look forward to seeing pics!

Wendi - Good job with the runs! Glad you enjoyed last night. Mexican tortilla lasagna sounds delicious. It's a little cooler here today too but the temps should be back on the rise during the week.

Cathy - Who could blame you for not wanting to work out after a good massage? Heavenly! Mom is doing well. Thank you for asking. She's trying to stay out of the heat.

Going to get settled in to watch some of the Olympics tonight. Tomorrow is Monday, again! :( Have a good night everyone!

Hi Cheetah Babes!!!

MIA Cheetah reporting for duty! I am back in California (after an 18 hour travel day - not recommended, especially with 2 sulky teenaged girls). Jimmy was very happy to see me. He about took me out jumping on me. (no I don't normally allow it, but this was an exception). I'm unpacked, laundry is done, Kimo's food is done and I have some Chicken Chili on the stove. Jimmy and I took an 8 mile hike this morning. That was nice. DH had to help DD19 move back to college, so he'll be hungry when he gets back. I'm making the chili for him. Some hearty but healthy.

We had a great time, but it's nice to be back. I'll be busy this week at work, but that's a good thing. No time for personals, sorry, but definitely will start again on Monday. Time to kick the ole diet in gear again. I'm settling down to watch the Olympics with Jackie! ;) Have a great night all!!

Hi Cheetahs!

Happy to say that I completed my first half marathon!!! :D:D My official chip time was 2:02:25. I'm happy with that as well!! :D The weather was ideal! I'm so tired right now because I only slept a few hours last night. It was quite noisy in the hotel. I'll blame it on the Harry Potter people. ;) My alarm went off at 4A...didn't want to get out of bed at that point.:eek: After the race I spent two hours driving. :eek: So, by the time I got to DS8's soccer tournament my legs were nice and rickety. I did stretch near the TNT tent and back at the room, but not as much as I would have liked.

Tomorrow will be an easier workout day, so I'll have time to catch up on the thread.

Have a good night!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.