CHEETAHS ::: work it wednesday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Mornin’, cheetahs!

Not too many personals I need to catch up with here…

Jackie :: OK, you and Linda have convinced me to explore the premixes…I have been using mostly the new series since it arrived to us in October, so it may be time to mix it up some. Don't really know why I haven't so far...Yes, I went backwards for one minute at the end – that was pretty tough. I’m not sure if it’s because my legs were already burnt up. Do you go backwards often? And do you think using the EXT actually *helps* your running or is it just a suitable x-training workout?

Thomasina :: good job resisting the luncheon leftovers…I am bad when things are just out there in plain sight…I bought my BOSU at Target, but I know Wendy recently bought the smaller, sport version on sale somewhere (I think, online). I have never seen the regular one go on sale. But I’m thinkin’ it might be better to buy it in store, so in case you don’t like it, it can easily be returned…glad you are enjoying that garage of yours!…Are you a professor?

Tonight’s workout will be S&H Legs, cardio TBD, plus some ab work.

Have a great day, everyone!

Good morning ladies,

thomasina- i purchased my bosu at www.fwonline.com. they have great prices. good job on the weightloss!

cathy- i too must explore some of the 4DS premixes. i just love this series. i can't believe i wasn't even going to buy it at first:eek:

shelly- great pics. looks like you all had so much fun!

jackie- it was a good butt workout, however no DOMS.

wendy, lol, yea my dh THINKS he's a comedian. how is mr. joey doing today?

linda- oh it's alright. i am just not into being repped (is that a word) to death, lol. i am glad you are enjoying. OMG, what a workout you did yesterday, (wiping sweat off brow for you..;p)

wendi- you know it's funny, i hated the training, couldn't wait for it to be over, thought about backing out and now that it's done and over i would have to say yes, i would consider doing another half!

today's workout will be the 4DS all cardio premix (BC & KB)! plus core.

ttyl...:)

can you believe i was so busy at work yesterday that i didn't have even a second to get on my computer?!?! linus and i had a ton of kids lined up that teachers and counselors wanted me to see. it was crazy and i was so mentally exhausted when i got home that i didn't even turn on the computer. hopefully, i will have some time today to read yesterday's posts and catch up.

yesterday's w/o was 6.5 miles with iTread #5. i should really do LIS or MM today. roght now, i am just trying to wake up and get warm!!!

Good Morning:)

DH made me stay up late last night;) I was ready for bed at 10:15 and he kept on whining for me to stay up with him. Before I knew it, it was 12:30:eek: up again at 6:20! Its a good thing I don't have a stressful job:)
Im hoping to get a run in tonight when I get home. My MIL isn't around to keep tabs on how much I eat for supper (thats her new thing) so when I get off of work, I can just eat later, workout first:) If I have the time I could also do 4DS C&B, I need to get that done this week as well, so I could just do it tonight!

I will be back with personnals when I get to work!

Lori:)

Hi YaYas :)

Personals first:

Wendi- What an awful day! have you gotten warm yet?

Sunny- You are not even a week out from that half and NOT ruling out another one.

Lori- Have a good work day and workout tonight

Carole- I loved reading about your race. It really must have been a blast! The pictures Shelly put up look like you had FUN! What is next?

Shelly- ditto above !!!!

Lori & Linda Keep up the good workouts!

My workout yesterday ended up being a 75 minute shoveling session (great cross training!)in the morning followed by tennis. Then last evening I shoveled again. Being outside in the snow at night is so magical! I bagged the iTread for shoveling.

Today I'll hop on the TM with Grace.

Hi Wendy and Kristi :)

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Morning Cheetahs!

Sorry I never made it back last night. It was just after 9 by the time I got home from MIL's and got DS off to sleep but I was tired so I went straight to bed myself.

DS didn't want to nap after his appointment y'day. I don't know why. He was CLEARLY exhausted as his appointment was for 1pm and that's his normal start of nap time! He even fell asleep in the car on the way home but just wouldn't sleep beyond that. x( I eventually gave up, got him up, gave him a quick bath to get some of the electrode goop out of his hair and then it was off to the gym for a quickie run. I showered there and headed straight to MIL's from there. I got to MIL's about 90 mins later then usual but atleast I got everything in.

I ended up doing Itread 13/30 Sprints and covered 2.29 miles with it. :) Today is Core Synergy.

OMG, my lats are KILLIN' me today!!!! Ay carumba!!!! Those negative pull/chin-ups are KILLER! I HIGHLY recommend them!}( Unless, ofcourse, you can do pull/chin ups with out assistance, then they are obviously the way to go. ;)

K, gonna start a new post and get some personals under my belt. Since I didn't post last night, I've fallen behind a bit....

BBS!

Cathy: We will actually not have Joey this coming weekend. We have a saturday morning wedding to attend. DH wants to take me dancing that night. Perhaps Chang's could happen before we head dancing! :9
In regards to your EXT question, all I can say is that Sarah (Imafitnessfreak) said she trained for one of her marathons on the EXT due to a healing stress fracture in her foot. I think she used ONLY the EXT for about 8 weeks of her training. She praised it and said she didn't lose anything by having to do that. The moral of this story? Perhaps the EXT won't help (I don't know) but it appears it is a very suitable substitute for a run!

Thomasina: So happy we inspire you. That's what it's about!:)

Sunny: Glad you loved Glute Camp and enjoy your 4DS work out today. So are you saying that you don't find your DH funny? ;) :p

Lori: If I were you I'd have told my DH to go scratch! LOL No way I'm stayin' up till midnight if I have to work the next morning. I used to stay up until 11 or later. I don't know how I did it. I'm an old lady now. I go to bed between 9 and 10 most nights. LOL

Judy: Great work out y'day! Perhaps we should email Grace and see if she can make an IShovel work out for you. ;)LOL

Hey Chickies! Back with personnals! Lets see how far I get before someone shows up.:)

Cathy** Have a good workout today!

Lorie** Nice job on the run last night.Atleast you found time for your exercise in a already hectic day!

Sunny** Enjoy your workout

Judy** Shoveling is definitly a workout. Are you arms sore?

Wendy** I know...I tried to tell DH where to shove it but since Ive been back to work he complains that he never sees me anymore. Poor guy!:-( He as said a few times that if I didn't have to work, I wouldn't be and said the other day that in a couple of yrs I will be able to retire:) Im not sure if he likes the fact of knowing I am home and everything is uncontrol...and then he can come and go as he pleases...or...well, there really is no other reason! LOL Because with me working, he definitly as more on his plate. I leave early for work and he is the one who as to take DS to the sitters, come home for DD's lunch and pick DS up from the sitter.Grant it, it is only 5 days a month! Not over kill by no means.

Thomasina** DS is a little busy body, there is no doubt. We aren't lazy people and I think he as our genes plus the natural instict to move,move,move!

I forgot to tell you guys that I weighed today and I was 117.2. Thats very very low for me. I was 118 in highschool.Im happy here or around 120 but I don't think I need to go any lower.

BBL!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...so far so good as I have not gotten sick! Cathi (the other sister who went to LV) is John's Mom. Karen's son is my chiro...:)..we really did have a great time. Thanks for the kind words about the run. Now I am just going to focus on getting more speed back. Sounds like a good EXT workout yesterday. Enjoy S&H Legs, cardio and abs.

Sunny..have fun with the 4DS workout today.

Lorie..sounded like a busy day yesterday. Good job with your iTread workout.

Judy...thanks, LV was so much fun! Glad you enjoyed the report. Next my sister, my other running friend and I will be doing a 3 person Marathon relay, sometime in Jan. I think I will be running about 8-9 miles. Good workout shoveling that snow. I agree that snow at night is very magical. Enjoy working out with Grace today.

Lori...thanks, LV was just fun all around. Enjoy your workout today.

Wendy...great news the EEG went well! I will pray for Joey to be able to get off his meds...Good job getting in the iTread yesterday. I might have to get back into doing some pull-ups. Enjoy Core Syn.

Linda...thanks...:)...this pain I have now is new. My massage therapist thinks it has something to do with ITB but higher up on the thigh. It did not bother me at all using my EXT yesterday. Great workout yesterday!

Tomasina...good job getting thru the luncheon. So Flying Pig has a half?...:)..I think LV next year with more cheetahs would be very fun.

I have a bit of DOMS from 4DS SBT yesterday. Today will be B&G and Amy's XKB.

Have a great day...:)

Good morning cheetahs! I decided to take a rest day yesterday so I could try to start feeling better. I think I'm still trying to come down with something, but hopefully I'll be able to stop before it hits me hard. Right now I need to concentrate on DS. His asthma has been acting up the past three days. We have had to give him his nebulizer breathing treatments every morning and night since Monday. DS has always had his asthma attacks during the winter months. I'm praying it doesn't go into pneumonia like it did last year. When he had pneumonia it hit him really hard and he had to be in the hospital for 3 days over Thanksgiving. His oxygen level had dropped dangerously low and his breathing treatments would not help at all.

Anyway, I'm going to try to do some weight training today. I want to play with my Bosu so I will probably do something on my own. My new DVDs should be arriving tomorrow. I can't wait to try them.

Thomasina - I bought my Bosu at Linens N Things for $80. They are priced at $100, but you can use a 20% off coupon from either LNT or from Bed Bath and Beyond (the coupons can even be expired) to get the discounted price.

I'll try to check back later. WAVES to all my Cheetahs!!

Good morning ladies,
I am quickly checking in while the "ladies" are brushing their teeth:) My oldest has had the stomach flu so I have been spending a lot of time taking care of her. But, she is better and going to school today, YAY!

Cathy, I say you are doing slow and heavy. What do you think of that one? I find it long and a little boring. I have only done it once though. I prefer the gymstyles, but maybe I need to tackle slow and heavy in January. Have a good day and workout!

Sunnydelite, I love the kb and bc premix. The time flies on that one. Have fun!

Lorie, I am having a lot of those days right now where I have no time to even glance at a book much less go online. Good workout yesterday:)

Lori, I am jealous of your scale reading. I dropped a few last week, butI think they are back. Hopefull they are just visiting:)

Judy, 75 minutes of shoveling, UGH! Enjoy Grace:)

Wendy, my hat is off to you for doing pull ups so successfully. I tried the other day at my daughters school on the play strucure. First of all I looked like a total geek and second of all I could only do one. That is why the X scares me}(

Carole, I so enjoyed reading about your adventure in Vegas. How fun! CONGRATS again on your time and achievement. How is the ITB doing?

Kristi, thank you for the xmas card. It is hanging on the fireplace. I am looking forward to filling it up with all the cheetah cards.

Jackie, thank you also for your card. I get excited getting the mail now:)

Hello to Thomasina, Christine, Linda Shelly and anyone else I may have forgotten.

Shelly, BTW, GREAT pics. You look like you are having so much fun!

Cheers!

Susan

Oh and I will be doing the elliptical for 30 minutes and then PUB and abs

Susan - I'm hanging my Christmas cards up too. Glad to hear your DD is feeling better. It seems like everyone is getting sick right now.

Shelly - I LOVE the pics. You look amazing.

Good morning cheetahs! My legs have pretty much recovered by now but I think I'll still hold off one more day before doing any leg weight workout. Yesterday afternoon I was able to get in the 4DS kickbox and upperbody work. Felt great!

Cathy- The 4DS dvd is the only Cathe I have where I can truly say I only do the premixes! IMHO they are far more useful and fun then the workouts as produced! Ya definitely gotta try em!

Sunny- Thanks for the pic comment. They did take alot of them!
I'm going to treat myself to some new workouts soon. I'll definitely be checking out Tracey's new ones. Did you get her newest step workout?

Lorie- I sounded tired just reading your post today! I hope today is a little less hectic for you. Still able to get in some good quality runs though!

Judy- Great job with the shovelmax/tennis combo workout!!! Have a good time on the TM today. hey, are you going to do any races next year when the temps get a little more decent?

Kristi- Glad to here that you are resting and giving your body a chance to recover from that bug! Your poor little DS :eek: ASthma is so scary to deal with! Hugs to you both and I hope this season goes well for him. Can't wait to hear your reviews of your new dvds!

Susan- Thank you for your complement re: my pics. yes, I was indeed having fun.... for the most part that is. Like any long race I had my moments of thinking "What the he** am I doing this for?" (LOL) Glad your DD is feeling better now.

Lori- Fortunately on the marathon course it was easy to spot the photographers so I was ready for them and made sure I didn't look tired (although believe me I was!) Sorry you had a rough nite last night and I hope your days go quick for you. Glad you have a nice long break coming up! Awesome workout last night and congratulations on obtaining your weight goal!!!!

Wendy- Great news that the EEG test went well. Crossing my fingers for you that the results come back as good!! Carole just pointed out to me the posting you did for us on the Open Disc. forum.
That was very sweet of you!!! Sorry I didn't notice it til now.
I think you've inspired me to start working on those pullups again!
Have fun with Core Syn today.

Carole- Thanks for providing your bib #. I'd love it if you could get Karen's also. I was surprised that they only had finishing pics of you. I guess they only had mid race pics of the folks that did the full. Fortunately I was able to spot the photographers on the course and was ready for them so I didn't have an ugly grimace on my face!!;-) Way to go at tackling B&G today! How's the hip/thigh pain?

Thomasina- LOL about the baby leash!!! Well, I noticed that Flying Pig is on the same weekend as a local race I do here in my hometown each year called the Whiskey Row Marathon. Believe it or not it is actually more difficult than Flying Pig! I really do hope you do end up doing LV next Dec. Carole and I are going to try to recruit as many cheetahs as possible This is a race well worth doing!

Jackie- Thank you for you comment re: my pics. Yes, there were alot of on course photographers!!! At least for the full marathon anyway.
I'm having a tough time deciding which one(s) to get! What's your workout plan today?

Hi Linda!!!

Whew, I think I'm about caught up now! I'll be heading down to the basement soon for CF MixnMatch. Later this afternoon I'll hop on the good ol EXT for 40 minutes.

ShellyC

Hey Girls!

Carole** I did the same workout yesterday but Im not sore yet,maybe I need to buy heavier weights? I want to do PUB or CTX UB but I only have them on VHS, and right now I only have a dvd player where I workout. In order to do VHS workout I have to carry all of my weights upstairs, that itself is a workout!

Kristi** I hope DS is feels better soon! I hate when kiddies are sick, although my house is usually very good. DD use to get a lot of headaches which would result in migraines but since we have kept her away from aspertane she seems to be better.

Susan** YOu want to borrow my scale!? LOL

Shelly** What a nut you are? And now the truth is out! You were actually dragging your feet and walking when you were suppose to be running! hehe Did you run the whole thing? A girl I know is training for a 1/2 and she walks for 1 mins ever 10 mins.

I think I am caught up again! So much easier when I am at work! LOL

Good morning beautiful Cheetahs!

Thomasina - Great job on resisting all of that delicious food temptation. Oh, you will have a nice break. Maybe you can get that garage all finished. Thanks for the BD wishes.

Cathy - Maybe the first 10 minutes on the elliptical, I'll alternate going forward for 2 minutes and then reverse for 2 minutes. When he gets to those serious hills, I keep it in the forward motion. I can't really say that it helped my running because I didn't use it too much while I was training for the Road Race Series. I like it for CXT. Now, running with Grace and all of those hills and getting outside some really helped. I could feel the difference.

Sunny - Sorry no DOMS from Tracy. Enjoy your premix today.

Lorie - Hope your day is more relaxed. Good job on the 6.5 miles!

Lori - Now you have to whine and get DH to go to bed early with you. It's only fair, right? Glad you're happy with your weight! Yippee!!

Judy - Shoveling is a good workout! Are you expecting more?

Wendy - Guess DS thought a short nap was all he needed yesterday. :)I copied your workout today. Good job on the pull ups. I need to start adding those back in. Dancing sounds like fun for the weekend.

Carole - When is your next run scheduled? Hope the pain disappears. Enjoy your workout.

Kristi - Enjoy your rest day. Hope DS feels better and it doesn't get more serious. My DS suffered from asthma but he seems to have grown out of the really bad attacks.

Susan - Glad DD is feeling better. I like Slow & Heavy for a change of pace. It does take a lot of concentration. You should see my Christmas cards getting mixed in with my birthday cards.

Shelly - Not ready for another marathon, huh? You are definitely my hero. You definitely have a lot of pics to choose from. I like to smile to when I come up on the photographer. They tell me I look like I'm enjoying myself. Enjoy your workout.

I did iTread #13 30 Sprints and added 10 minutes for the warm up and cool down. Loved the stretch at the end. Did a 20 minute yoga too. Legs felt good.

Enjoy your day!

Jackie

Hi Cheetahs!

Core Syn is done!}( I didn't know if I'd get through it though as my DOMS from Chest and Back has gotten WORSE! YEOWCH! Gotta love it though!;)

The Cheetah cards are starting to dribble on in. They are giving me warm fuzzies. I've gotten a card from Kristi, Jackie and Cathy so far I think. YAY! I still have to buy mine!:eek: Those who were in the exchange last year know I'm slow but I won't let y'all down!:) My grab bag gift is on it's way. I met the deadline with flying colors on that one!:+

Lori: Tell DH to quit his b*tchin'. Men are such whiners, aren't they!? Jeesh!:p

Carole: Aaaahhhh, good old B&G. I will probably be hittin' that one tomorrow! Now get movin' with that pull up bar!}( Thank you re: Joey. I'm sure he is and will be fine. :)

Kristi: Can't wait to hear how it goes with your Bosu. I hope you and DS feel better soon!

Susan: Glad your DD is better and went to school today. I never said I can do pull/chin ups successfully! LOL I can do a few reverse grip chin ups from the bent arm position with out assistance but that's it. Beyond that I need the help, TRUST ME! LOL

Shelly: No worries re: the thread I started. I knew eventually you'd see it. You and Carole deserved the kudos. No thanks neccessary. :)

Jackie: You STOLE my work out! THIEF! :p :7 :7 :7

Okay, must skeedaddle for now but I should be back in a bit!:+

Hiya Ya Ya’s!!

WEEeeeeeell? Guess what? Santa’s elves were working overtime on the BOSU project and low and behold they were able to locate one just in time for my *garage’s* first Christmas! LOL I would like to thank all of you who offered enabling information on how the elves could obtain the BOSU and it seems they were able to find an online coupon to get the 20% off at Linen’s and Things. The elves will be picking it up in store to save on shipping. Do you think it is tacky for the elves to give DH the BOSU to hold so my *garage* can’t open it until Christmas??? The polls for voting are now open….LOL….Ok, I think the meetings this morning have finally gotten to my brain!!

I slept way over this am so that means workout will be after work. No worries though as my new driven attitude from all of your inspiration will send me right into the new workout area for a great sweatfest when I arrive home. I’m thinking a B&G premix and then a treadmill run if my new running shoes have arrived from UPS today…..I dunno, I could “Wendy-ise” the plan but I’ll let ya know….

Cathy – LOL: no thank you, I am not a professor, but I work at a community college. I sometimes feel sympathy for the professors…lol. I’m a tech and I work with a program that supports educationally and economically disadvantaged students with college. We do get about a 10 day break over Christmas but I am taking an extra 3 days on top of it so I can have 2 solid weeks and 3 weekends off….I need it!

Sunny – thanks for the site info. Even though the elves found what they needed, I bookmarked the site you recommended to look at later – neato enabling looking things on there!

Lorie – I understand how exhausted you must be! Take it easy and when you get to looking at previous posts, I have one in there asking you what/who Linus is??

Lori – Definitely eat after the workouts. SHeesh, I would hate it if my MIL was keeping tabs on my eating schedule! She would not approve – that’s for sure! GOOD that you are teaching the little guy to move! I have always encouraged my kids to get exercise and I guess it has paid off because they’ve done and/or are doing basketball, track, snowboard team, football, and also they meet up with their friends sometimes to “workout”. Very cool.

Judy – I was last to post last night, but I did wonder if you were getting a bunch of snow. Well, I have shoveled snow before, nothing like what you have, but still, it can be a workout! Yes, I love to watch the snow falling at night – we like to turn on an outdoor light when it snows so we can watch the flakes….been doing that since the kids were little….

Wendy – OH yay! Have fun with your DH this weekend. Sounds like you two deserve a little time together after all his overtime. Definitely go to PF Changs!! You’ll love it!

Carole – Yes, the Flying Pig has a half. But I could forget the Pig next year and just focus on a few half marathons until I get this weight off me. I will definitely plan for LV regardless and I am also eyeballing the NIKE HALF in October in San Fransico…..oh, what to do, what to do….

Kristi – I hope DS gets better, bless his heart. I too have asthma and it seems the winter months are most rough on me mostly in the cold outdoor runs (well, and some summer smoggy runs too). Sounds like I don’t have asthma as severe as your lil’ guy though. I’m sure you’re taking expert care of him though. By the way, thanks for giving the elves a tip on the Linen and Things coupon!

Susan – I am cracking up about your chin-ups on the playground description….OMGoodness! I would have really looked like a dork! I can’t do a pull-up or push ups very well – I’m working on it!

Shelly – Thanks for looking at the Flying Pig, and I know it is a difficult one to do for some as far as location and other commitments. I surely am going to commit to LV though. I wanted to do it this year but since I was already commited to the Rock n Roll runs, I didn’t think I should torture DH with squeezing in LV as well. Thank for posting the pics, you and Carole look Maaaahvalous!

Jackie – Yeppers, I am going to get the *garage* all finished and “decorated” while I’m off. So fun! I actually got in there after my workout last night and organized more STUFF.

Well my lunch has been long over, so I better get back to it….have a great rest of the day cheetahs!

Thomasina

Hello ladies I'm back. Today was another rest day. :( When I went home for lunch I decided to take a nap instead. I wasn't feeling well at all. However, after my short nap, I'm feeling much better. Good thing too, tonight is my company's Christmas party at a fantastic restaurant. I haven't ate much today so hopefully I will feel like food later tonight.

Thomasina - Glad I could help. :) When I started looking I didn't want to pay $100 for my Bosu if I could find it cheaper. It is a bonus that there isn't a shipping charge too. I vote that it is not tacky at all for your DH to hold it for your "garage" for Christmas. After I get my DVDs I'll let you know if they are something you "must have". Of course, I will try to enable you. So watch out! ;)
Enjoy your workout tonight. BTW, congrats on the weight loss! I lost 3 pounds last week too.

Well, I need to wrap things up here at work. I'll see you all tomorrow. I won't have time to check back later tonight. Have a great afternoon!

Thomasina: IA with Kristi. Let the elves give the BOSU to DH to hold for Christmas!

Kristi: Hope you are having fun at your Christmas party!!!!

once again, busy, busy day. i think that's how it's going to be until the end of the year. then, two weeks off!!! i can't wait!!!

today, i did muscle max in the morning and came home and did 4DS LIS and athletes classical stretch. exercise really is the best stress reliever.

anyway, i tried to skim the posts and noticed thomassina's question. linus is my therapy dog. he comes to work with me (i'm a school psychologist) and helps me work with the kids. he's also on my avatar but he looks kind of funny in that one. here's a couple of pics:

http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL466/9086836/16837575/277258831.jpg
http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL466/9086836/16837575/269202799.jpg

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.