::: CHEETAHS ::: wednesday, 6.13

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetahs http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif

I’m feeling calm today…slept well…today is BBC Chest & Abs plus either a run or k’box.

Sunny :: WTG on the successful bootcamp class! When word spreads, you’re gonna have a packed house, for sure…Yeah, I agree ~ that chef is mean. He flips out so easily.

Jess :: Glad to hear everything went well with Kiersten’s surgery and recovery. Hope the throat isn’t too sore today…Sorry to hear about yet another migraine – you really are getting slammed with them lately. Any idea about what could be triggering? Sending feel-good vibes to your household!!

Wendy :: cracked up about the “do people REALLY eat this way?” comment…yes, I saw that thread and agree with you…I am the same about yoga…I thoroughly enjoy it, I know I *need* it, but somehow it is the first thing I’ll cut if I am crunched for time. Other times, I am just too wired to "slow down."

Hi to all dropping in today. Enjoy your Wednesday! BBL
Cathy :)

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...so sorry about the internet problems. I wonder if you should look into something else? I am lucky just having a modem hooked up to my PC without any software. You just plug in the modem and go. It was a bit more confusing when I networked my other PC, so I do now have a router too...I hope you get it worked out. Good luck with the Exam Sat. We will be pulling for you...I think I still have some DOMS in my tri's from S&A!! Enjoy Chest & Abs and your cardio.

Wendy...so, possibly a 5 mile race this weekend? God job with yoga and your Xflowsion mish mosh yesterday. 15K is 9.3 miles. By modifying P90X I add some legwork, do more cardio, and sub Pilates for Yoga. When I do C&B I will sub some chest flies and presses for those endless push-ups!

Sunny...glad the class wen so well! Sounds like a tough spinning workout.

Jess...thanks for the update. That is great news Kiersten is doing so well!!...:)

Jackie..I am not on my feet long everyday, in fact at my job I sit! It has just always took my legs a bit to warm up for runs. The 15K is fun and the course is beautiful. I have one of Gilad's older workouts, I always liked his accent...

Laurie...I am not sure if our MT's have that 'peer assessment" in Calif. I will have to ask my therapist. I wish you well...:)...good workout yesterday.

Judy...good job on the 9.3 miles yesterday..

Today will be P90X C&B, abs and a 4-5 mile run.

Have a great day...:)

Hello Cheetahs!! I'm feeling better this morning, still have that *knot* on the back of my neck. I have my annual checkup on Friday, I'll make sure to bring up my headaches & other concerns.

Kiersten slept from 8:30 last night - 8 this morning. She woke up smiling & said her ears felt great but her throat is still a little sore. Not bad though!! She thought she wasn't going to be able to eat breakfast again this morning, silly kid. I told her that it was just yesterday that she couldn't eat breakfast. :p

I did KM warmup & blasts, and then did about half of Legs & Back. Then the chinup bar broke, ended up falling on my knees, ouch!! I guess Greg will have to fix it (he made one in the garage that's been there a good year or so, guess we've worn it out lately! LOL). So... finished up w/ Ab Ripper.

Hi to Cathy & Carole!

Good morning Cheetahs!

Laurie - It must be nice to be around massage therapists all day long. Good luck with your assessment. I'm sure you will do fine. Love a good challenge as long as it doesn't kill me. LOL!!

Wendy - Yay for you on doing yoga during daylight! Nice mish mosh. I have not gotten around to doing an iSculpt yet but it's still on my agenda. I know what you mean about asking for help. We just want to be able to jump right in there and get the job done.

Judy - Great job on the 9.3 miles and no DOMS! Good for you.

Cathy - Sorry to hear you're having internet problems again. Mine was down again last night too. You would think with all the money we pay for this service, we could at least get service consistently. Blame that new workout on DDD 20% off sale.:7 Glad you're more calm today.

Sunny - Congratulations on getting that first class over! I knew you would do great! I'm sure the class will just grow and grow and grow!

Jess - Glad to hear everything went well with Kiersten's surgery. Hope this makes her feel lots better too. Glad you're feeling better today. Sorry to hear your chin up bar broke. Knees ok?

Carole - I sit all day too. I have to get up and move around sometimes just to work out the kinks. I really enjoyed my Gilad workout. Contemplating whether I need another one while DDD is having the sale. Enjoy your workout.

I did 10 minutes on the elliptical to warm up my legs. Then I did a 30 minute tempo run, SSE 6 Minute Abs and Cool It Off Express. Have some DOMS from yesterday's workout!

Happy Hump Day!

Jackie

Hey all:

Busy Cheetah .......here just stopping in quick and hoping to get back and catch up with personals. I have a question below if anyone has some advice???

I am training for a half marathon and have printed out a training schedule. It is going very well and I'm extremely excited about that :7 . Now, my problem is that I'm having some trouble fitting in some strength work.

My question is this: What is absolutely necessary to do for strength/endurance work? I will do more if I can find the time, but I was wondering if there are some things that are very important to my training and not to miss out if at all possible.

Thanks, Marcia.

Hello ladies,

cathy- i am the same way. if i am time crunched, i don't do yoga. sad, but true.

carole- sounds like a good workout today, enjoy!

jackie- are you still on your trip? i think i must have missed when exactly you came back! enjoy those DOMS.

marcia- no advice. just wanted to say hi:)

jess- glad to hear all is well with ms. kiersten...;o)

wendy- thanks girl! well because the training co. i work for is so cheap, teaching the class. however once i pick up clients at the YWCA then training is waaaaaaaay more lucrative, lol. i just wanted to instruct classes because it seemed like fun and yesterday it was!

today is my rest day..whew. i really need it after yesterday's workout. i am DOMS'ing today:7 }(

ttyl....

Hey:) Good workout today, IMAX3, B&G ball abs and yoga. I'm off to work in a bit. Got lots of paperwork done yesterday, which felt great. Had to whip up a last minute chocolate banana cake for Faith's fundraiser bake sale....those girls sure keep me hoppin'. We had major thunderstorms here this morning...I REALLY like thunderstorms:)

Cathy, no hands on for the assessment. They check charts and paperwork, safety in the workplace, a few questions on clinical procedures..that kind of stuff. I'm just waiting for the call to the clinic and I'll be ready. Glad you're feeling calm today...get down with your Zen self Cathy:7 Internet problems are crazy making stuff!

Carole, it would be interesting to know if California has such a thing for MTs. Enjoy your run today, kinda sorry I missed mine but after all this time I actually like IMAX3 now.....I seem to remember that you're not a big fan of that workout.

Jess, glad all went well with Kiersten. Nice to have it done.

Jackie, I'd be embarrassed to tell you the last time I had a full massage with another therapist. Just like the busy plumber with the leaky pipes at home :+

Marcia, no advice here but WTG on training for a half!! During my training they were big on hill training for leg strength and endurance. I was a chronic bailer on that, preferring to do something like Legs & Glutes.:)

Take Care
Laurie

Good morning Cheetahs!

This week is a rest week. I have company coming in on Friday (friends from NC and DB from IN). Anyway, since I work full time during the week there is barely enough time to fit everything in after putting the kids to bed at night. Needless to say, during my lunch hour instead of exercising, I am trying to get the house cleaned up.

Jess - I'm glad to hear Kiersten's surgery went well. Tubes are wonderful.

SunnyD - Great job on the class!

Marcia - My only advice, based on my own experience with my first HM, is to do strength/endurance work maybe a couple times a week and try to run outdoors a few times if you can. I let my weight work go and did all of my running on the treadmill. I'm sure that the other ladies will have wonderful advice to share with you. Congrats on signing up for your HM and good luck. I'm sure you will do great! Is this your first HM? I remember in the past you have mentioned training for a HM, but I can't remember if you ever got to run it.

Kristi - I've done one HM before and it was one of the best experiences of my life, so I'm trying another one. The first time I had trouble just fitting in my running much less a weight work, but I'm hoping this time to be more organized and get things done better.

Marcia.

Hey Cheetah Gals!

Quick post, but I do want to reply to Marcia.

:7 :p :+ }( :9 x( :) (lol, Zachary, younger DS, is sitting with me here and wanted me to insert some smilies! LOL)

Marcia-I agree with what Kristi said about making sure you fit in some endurance/strength training in each week. If you can't fit in a lower body only workout, then go for total body, like ME or MM. AND run outdoors when possible. I did about 95% of my training for my last HM on the treadmill as well, and although it was fine for the endurance part, it did not help much with the hills. The only thing that really helps with hills, are HILLS! lol.

This morning's workout was S&H Legs & Shoulders. OUCH! I upped my weight again on the leg portion, using 60lbs on the barbell. That shoulder workout is a killer too!

I ended my 2-week-long streak of clean eating last night. I gave in and splurged like it was my last day on this green earth! LOL. Snickerdoodle cookies, carrot cupcakes, lf ice cream, pretzels, Chex mix (my current fave crave), and more snickerdoodles. BUT...the scale today showed me maintaining my weight from last week's weigh-in (that is, after using the bathroom, ;-) , lol). I'll take the maintain and work hard to avoic the junk food for the next 7 days.

Sorry to not do more personals. Today is the LAST DAY OF SCHOOL for older DS (Zach's last day was yesterday). We're heading to a neighbor's house for swimming and hot dogs. Then we've got baseball practice, a T-ball game, and then tonight the kids and I are going to make homemade ice cream! Jacob wants Rocky Road and Zach wants strawberry. YUMMY!

OH! And I forgot to mention that I bought BBC at QVC the other day, after reading about the great price. lol

Gayle

Wendy - I forgot to mention, per your suggestion, I bought Itread set 11 40 minutes. I also used a free code to buy Itread 'n Tush set 19. Still haven't used them yet, but hopefully next week I will get a chance to give them a try.

Thanks for all the great advice. I don't have a TM so all my training will be outside, so hills will definitely be a part of it }( }( I did three miles this morning and felt awesome! I think I'm finally to that point where it's not so hard to get out and 'just do it' because three miles aren't so bad anymore. :7 Yippee......... I'm on my way.....

Marcia.

Hi Ladies!

OMG it's after 12 noon and this is LITERALLY my first time getting on my PC today! :eek: I woke up late. I only had 30 mins to get myself and DS ready for work so there was no computer time for me! x(

Cathy: Enjoy your work out today!

Carole: Sounds like you have a good X plan you have there. I increased leg work and cardio a bit when I did the X as well. How long has it been since you've done an X rotation? ENJOY!:)

Jess: OMG about the chin up breaking! OUCH is right! I hope you are truly okay. You must give your DH heck n he!! about that bar girl! }( LOL I have the X's Legs and Back in my rotation for tomorrow...just for fun ;)...I'm looking forward to it! Glad your DD is doing so well. That's fabulous news!:)

Jackie: Looks like you are really getting your money's worth out of that SSE stretch! Good for you! I think I am going to do ISculpt again on Friday!}(

Marcia: WTG with the half training. So when is the big race?

Sunny: I am sure you are worth waaaay more then the training company you are currently with is paying you! When you start training for the YWCA the bucks will surely start to roll in like you said!:D I thought about going for a group fitness cert of some kind but you can't make that a full time job like you could do w/PT if you wanted to. If PT works out I may get a group cert down the road just to give myself another option so that I don't get bored or burnt out. :)

Laurie: Wow, you did what seems like a long work out this morning! How long did all of that take you? Hope you have a good day at work. Nice job getting that paperwork done!

Kristi: I hope you enjoy the ITreads. I LOVE them! There is so much hoopla about CC and I have one that I got for free. I've only done it once. I like it okay but I prefer the Itreads. I keep considering buying more CC's but I never do the one I have so why buy more, right? LOL Enjoy your company this weekend!

Gayle: Home-made icecream!? OMG, sound yummy!!! I'm comin' over!!!! LOL So you are gettin' on the BBC bandwagon now too, huh? They are TOUGH work outs! I hope you love them like the rest of us do!:)

So I have Shape It Up on tap today and I may do some push ups in there as well. I am not doing pull ups as I decided to do Legs and Back tomorrow so you KNOW I'll get my pull ups in with that one! }(

BBL!

Hi Wendy - the 'big race' is on August 25. It'll be a hot one, that's for sure. I've tried to do this race for three years, but didn't train very smart, so I'm trying it again with a whole new attitude and training ideas. So, anybody with some suggestions, please pass them along ;-)

Marcia.

Hi Cheetahs!

I'm done with my work out. I threw in a total of 60 push ups (30 standard/30 wide-fly) broken up into 3 sets during the course of Shape It Up. }(

Marcia, I don't have any advice or tips for ya. Just wanted to wish you good luck!:)

I have to jump in the shower now but I should be back later for some more personals!

Ciao Bellas!:)

Hey all - quick note to say I'm crazy busy at work! I guess it's a good thing though! I'm leading the sales for the month! My spoiled rotten puppy is in Doggie Day Camp and is enjoying it. I'm not - I miss my afternoon romp at the dog park with him. :+ I had DD14's voice lessons last night so it was a late night for me. My legs were also fried from Spinervals, so I did GC BSB today and that's it. I really enjoyed it. I also downloaded some iSculpts Ballets for the floor work. I'm hoping to get some done tonight. Can you do the barre work without a barre?

Well, I must get back to working. Hope all is well with everyone! I'm hoping to be back for personals!

Hey cheetahs~ http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif

Carole :: the internet is up and running – so far no snafus and hopefully it stays that way! If it happens again, then I may have to look into alternatives…thank you for the good luck wishes!! I’m starting to get a little nervous…it is a three-hour test with only 4 questions. Hope you enjoyed today’s w/o.

Jess :: glad Kiersten’s doing well – that’s my kinda girl – GOTTA eat breakfast! :) Sorry about the chinup bar incident – hope your knee’s not bruised up.

Jackie :: now, wait a minute – what is DDD? Or shouldn’t I ask? ;) :) Yes, I agree about the internet service…it sure is frustrating.

Sunny :: enjoy your rest day…and your DOMS. http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/19.gif Oh, how we love our DOMS.

Laurie :: I am mopping up the drool off my keyboard…chocolate banana cake?? YUM…I am a fan of t-storms, too…I have one of those soothing sounds CDs – mine is all thunder. ‘Course, nothin’ beats the real thing…*lol* about the Zen…you wouldn’t have known it yesterday, but as a matter of fact, I am a follower of Eastern philosophy…

Wendy :: I know what you mean – I like to get my AM computer time in – may sound odd, but checking in here as well as checking my email before/after work helps me decompress somehow. I miss it if I am running late or if my internet decides to crap out on me…GREAT job on the pushups!

Christine :: http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/41.gif CONGRATS on being sales leader!! ^ 5s!

Hi Marcia, Kristi, Gayle, and anyone else dropping in.

I’m not feeling high-energy but will crank out the w/out soon. I may have to mute ol’ Rich.
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/76.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.