Cheetahs...Wednesday!

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Hi Girls.

Just gettin' us started.

Today's work out is Burn Circuit #3. I really like this one. I hope I can do it! I have a stiff/sore neck. If it doesn't go away by this afternoon I am not sure how it will impact my work out since it focuses on shoulder work (and legs). I guess I'll have to wait and see....

Brighton: Glad you had a successful TM run yesterday. :) An 8 minute mile!?!? Holy smokes girl! You can move!

Laura: Sorry you were so sick. Glad you are feeling better though. So where are you headed on Friday? Is this for business or pleasure? I can't wait to get to Vegas on Saturday. I hate flying though so having to endure a 4-5 hour plane ride first puts a damper on the excitement. :(

BBL!

Last edited:
Wendy--The trip is with our work organization, but it's a fun trip. We'll be in the mountains, and we'll actually need sweatshirts. That's awesome!! It feels a little ridiculous being excited about sweatshirt weather, but we are. :p I missed the fact that you're going to Vegas. Just for fun? I've been to Vegas only once. We went specifically to the Hilton to go to the Star Trek Experience. Our WHOLE family are Trekkers. It's awesome. :D We had a blast. But that's my only Vegas experience--or even Nevada for that matter.

Brighton--How are you? Hope the achiness didn't hang around. You be careful and take it easy. No rushing anything, OK?!!

Yeah, so anyway, after tomorrow I'll be MIA for a week. You two will have to completely hold down the fort until someone else shows back up. Maybe Carole will chime in once she runs her mary! :)

I ♥ Cheetahville

G'morning, girls!!!

Feeling great this morning-- the stiffness is gone. Yay! :) Today I'm planning on Squeeze & 30 min low impact cardio. Wow, it looks like it might just be me holding down the fort with you two ladies flying the coop this weekend! ;):):p Ah, it's all good. Yes, hopefully we'll get to see Carole a little more often with the mary done. And of course, all the rest of the lovely Cheetah crew! Hope all is well!

So my mom called me up last night... I guess she decided to look for some last minute flight/hotel deals and is flying off to Kona this morning!!! :eek: She actually called to see if I could go with her. Ummm, last minute with kids, school, training, and other obligations? I think being empty nesters is making them forget how life is when you have little ones running around! So I have a major case of jealousy right now. I tried explaining to my mom & dad why it just wasn't possible and stupidly brought up the whole training issue... my dad said, "Um... I do think people run in Hawaii. They actually have this big race every year... called the IRONMAN!!!" :p:rolleyes::) Yeah, what I MEANT was that once I got over there I would have a hard time keeping focused on the training. Especially if Mom is just lounging on the beach! *sigh* Oh well. It was nice that she thought of me...

Wendy: Ooh, I hope your neck starts feeling better! I did something to mine a couple weeks ago-- ouchies!!! :( Have fun in Vegas! :) DH & I were there last year about this time. It was a really nice getaway. We were actually there with his work for the Contractors' Convention... and they took us to dinner at the Bellagio's buffet. Yep, blew through that day's calorie allowance... :eek::eek::eek: Oh so yummy. :) And I totally understand about the flying thing. My family has a history w/ planes. I love to travel, but HATE to fly.
scared0014.gif
Thanks, re:8 min mile-- I certainly can't hold that pace for very long!!!!!!!!!!!! Only for a few minutes.

Laura: Too funny about the Star Trek Convention. Sounds like a blast!
12.gif
(Borg smiley, LOL!) My uncle is a Trekkie-- and DH & I enjoy it too, but we're not nearly as hardcore as he is. ;) I totally understand being excited for sweatshirt weather!!! That's me each autumn when I get to break out my sweaters again! Thanks for reminding me not to push things. :) I need that sometimes. So far I'm doing okay. I'm planning to run Thurs & Sat and just intend to keep it at a slowish steady state (and work on mileage).

Have a wonderful day, everyone!!!
happy0184.gif

LOVE the Borg Smiley, Brighton. DH will love it, too. Yet another reason for him to read the Cheetah thread. :p

It was Star Trek: The Experience, though, not a convention. We do dream of going to a convention. But this is like a museum, plus a gift shop, a restaurant, and a couple of rides where you (screams!) actually get to board the Enterprise. It's a permanent thing there in the Hilton.

Between loving Star Trek and actually enjoying working out, I'm sure that makes me a total geek! LOL. ;)

Laura: Ah, nah... so not a geek. I'm right there with ya! :);):cool: Okay, now that you mention it, I think I've heard of the place you went. Next time we're in Vegas we'll have to check it out! :D

I am feeling a little burnt out this hump day. I am hoping the kids will go down a little early so I can kick back with DH a little tonight. Picked up some sparkling lemonade & sushi for a relaxing night in. Hopefully that will do the trick until the weekend. :)

Have a great evening, everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.