::: CHEETAHS ::: Wednesday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning, everyone! :) :) :)

Caught up with personals last night, so this'll be a short one.

I didn't get home until after 9 last night, so I did not get to squeeze in a workout. And today is back to school night, so at best, I hope to fit in a stretch or some yoga, but again, I am playing by ear, just gonna do what I can. Decided yesterday to enjoy some good, hard workouts of choice from Thursday to Sunday and then officially start my new circuit rotation on Monday. Seems to make the most sense.

Now I just have to calm my nerves :p :D (It always turns out just fine, but BTS night still stresses me every time and I'm happy when it's over!) Not sure if I'll be able to peek back in here, but have a great day, ladies!!

Good Morning Ladies. :)

Cathy: Good luck with BTS tonight although I know you don't need it. You'll do fine!!!:) Now that I got the first phone call about my resume I hope it doesn't raise my hopes too much only to get disappointed that I end up really not getting a response. :-(

Kristi: St Judes is a great cause to do a marathon for. I'll be rooting for you if you decide to go for it! When would you begin training for it if you are going to try to do it?

Amy: So what work out did you do today?

I have to change up my work out plan today (oh the horror!:eek: ). I wanted to get to the gym by 8 this morning (like I did last wednesday) in order to run before work starts at 9. The problem is that I had Joey up until 9 last night due to the visit with my IL's so I know he'll be a BEAR if I get him up at 7ish and then have to stay at work with him all morning. I am thinking of an IMAX at nap time instead....}(

So I have some fierce lat DOMS this morning! I hadn't been keeping up with my weekly chin/pull ups for a while and I am feeling it today! I need to get them back into my routine on a weekly basis. My booty and hams are also nice and "tender". LOVE IT!}(

Guess that's all for now...BBL!:7

Hi Cheetah Friends-
It is hard to carve out time to get here, and when I do I spend too much time on the forums. But I still like to pop in periodically.

Cathy- We have BTS night the next two nights. (My teenagers go to separate schools) So I'll be right there with ya in spirit!

Speaking of schools, Did I mention that DD oldest who works for MTV is doing casting for the show "Made?" She has arranged for MTV to be in the Rochester area. In fact she will be at our local high school tomorrow where DD # 2 attends. All her friends know that it was set up by her older sister, cool huh?!

Carole- I saw that you had a great 10 mile run on Sunday with no walking!

Shelly- 20 miles unintended? I am glad it worked out well.

Wendy- Have fun with whichever IMAX you choose.

Christine- Thanks for the well wishes on DD getting her license. Your Yoga affinity is rubbing off on me! I am trying to dedicate Thursdays to yoga only. In fact I have changed my running days around completely for variety, and am running 4 days not 3. So I'm hoping for some yoga benefits with regular practice.

Susan- Re yoga: Can you make some DVD recommendations? ( I have Eionn Finn Yoga for Happiness and a volume 1 Baron Baptiste, also a very old Karen Voight Yoga and Pilates DVD ) I would like more variety.

Hi Jackie, and Kristi!

[font color=red][font size=+2]Judy "Likes2bfit"[/font]

Cathy - Good luck with BTS. I'm sure it will go well. How is WW going?

Wendy - Good luck doing IMAX today. I completely understand about kids being a BEAR when they are tired. DH & I have to put the kids to bed between 8-8:30 to try to avoid that in the mornings. 6:15 comes real early for them. Re: St. Jude marathon, I probably won't officially start training for it until maybe August, but I'm hoping all of my other races the beginning of the year will keep me in good running condition. Also the HM in Oct next year should help to keep me on track with my training. Let's see if everything works out like planned.

Judy - That is very cool! I bet working for MTV would be an awesome job.

Today will probably be another 2 miler. I'll be glad when Chelsea can run farther so I don't have to head back home to drop her off. However, I'm sure she will be there in a month or so. She does well with our runs so far.

Have a great day! I'll try to BBL.

Good morning everyone! The night started out quite busy for me but then mellowed out:) I'm really looking forward to getting the study materials though for the ACSM health instructor cert. It'll be so nice to have a break from this critical care madness!

Cathy- I wish you a peaceful and uneventful Back to School nite!!
I'm sure you'll be back on track soon with your workouts and I always admire your practical attitude! BTW I would go with Amy's KBext, its' a fun and challenging workout and the APX workout is extremely
equipment intensive!!

Judy- Actually I intended to go for 18 miles so going for 20 wasn't all that much more :) Made me feel good anyway that I made it though feelin okay. No nasty injuries rearin their ugly head....knock on wood! So are you "into" yoga or do you just try to get through it like me?

Wendy- That is so very encouraging that you already got a phone call about your resume!!! Even though it wasn't right for you.... still a good sign! Have a great IMAX day! BTW, the Man against Horse race is literally that. Here in the wild west endurance races for horses are very popular. Mustangs, Arabians and Mules are very good at this. On this race they have humans and horses (with riders of course) on the same trail at the same time! Should be fun and I'll get some fun pics too! My very dear friend got me into this and she will be on her mule Maddie. So it's Shelly versus Maddie for 25 miles :)

Kristi- Homework in Kindergarten???? Count me as one who thinks this is absurd!! You have my deepest sympathy and utmost admiration for all that you do. Wish I had some recipe suggestions for ya. My only thought is to make double portions on weekends and reheat during the week. You have an exciting race schedule there! Wow, going for the big M too :eek: :eek: :eek:

Susan- You're sounding well and still running:7 :7 You will LOVE KBext!!!!!

Time to get busy here. Today will be a complete total rest day
:7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: (really!)

ShellyC

Good morning cheetahs

Here is the website for my relay sunday if you want to check it out:

http://www.sweatrc.com/Whiskeytown_Relays/index.html

Cathy...as far as Amy's workout, APX is all weight work, and KBX X is all kickbox. So it depends on what you are looking for. Her hi/lo X does have some premixes with APX, but I have only done that one once and I just did the hi/lo. I hope BTS night goes well. I think starting your new rotation monday is a good idea.

Wendy...that is so cool about getting a call from the resumes so quick!! There are 4 of us in the relay, I am doing the 1st leg which is 4 miles. I am sure you will get more and more confident about your PT training every time you train...it is a great job for you. Have fun with your Imax workout.

Judy...yes, the 10 mile run Sunday was faster than I have done in quite awhile. I did pay for it a bit with sore quads...:)

Kristi...yes, so far it seems I caught the PF just in time before it got a lot worse. I am injury free at the moment...:)..Your race schedule looks like fun next year. Enjoy your 2 mile run today.

Jackie...yes, the quads were still a bit tender yesterday, they feel much better today. The relay is 19.9 miles and I am doing the 1st leg which is 4 miles. So your races get longer as this goes one. Finishing with 2 halfs will sure make you want a break!!

Shelly...very common I believe when we pass colds to our spouses they become MONSTER colds...or else they just become a whiney pee pants....http://smilies.sofrayt.com/eng/crying10.gif[/img]...I think the quads got taxed as the run on that course was about 45 seconds per mile faster than I normally do it! I do believe the Chi running has helped with the injuries, just like Danny says. I will be running 4 miles in the Relay race and it is on pavement. Hope Mindy's BC was fun...

Susan..sorry about the insomnia...I have always liked C&W abs. I think you will really like Amy's Kickbox Xtreme! I am LMAF with your "rather large bum" comment in yesterdays thread...that is SO NOT TRUE!!!!

I am doing P90X C&B, abs and a 4-5 mile run. The cooler weather is really nice for running.

Have a great day...:)

Christine - How's the yoga and pilates going? Are you doing a particular rotation? Lately I can't seem to get in the mood to do weights. Maybe I need to do pilates or yoga instead. Any suggestions?

Shelly - Thanks for the doubling the recipe advice. That is a great idea, one that I never considered. I guess that is my DUH moment. I hope you get your study materials soon. Enjoy your rest day!! You deserve it!!!

Good morning Carole! We were posting at the same time! I'm glad you caught your PF in time. Enjoy being injury free. How's the Chi running going? Enjoy your workout today, it looks like a good one.

Waves to all cheetahs!!

Kristi...seems like we did post together...Thanks, I am really enjoying Chi running, I do find it a bit tougher on trails. The rocks and uneven terrain make it hard to focus on Chi sometimes.

Good morning Cheetahs!

Wendy - my workout today was Leslie Sanson's 4 fast miles DVD at 4:30AM. I love that one! Someone recommended it here actually! :) Don't you love the tender pains from working out?

Carole - good luck! I will check out your website! You are working so hard! Good for you!

Kristi - our school also gives out homework in kindergarten. Unfortunately it is not all fun and games. They are really doing lots of work and getting ready for grade one!

Cathy - Hopefully you are too overwhelmed with school work! There is lots going on here too that certainly keeps us all busy!

Susan - Hope you are getting some sleep!

Take care all Cheetahs! I hope you all have a wonderful Hump Day!

Amy :)

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=17330452&uid=9486985&members=1

Amy - I'm amazed at how much my son is learning in K. The times are changing and kids need to learn so much more to be competitive in the world. At least with the homework I know exactly what my son is doing in school, which is why they give all the homework out on Monday and expect it to be completed and turned in by Friday. With DS's magnet school, kindergarteners and 1st graders are in the same class.

Good morning ladies!

Shelly - Read your post from yesterday and the only thing that came to my mind was "Who Let the Dogs Out"! :) Don't know if you've heard that song before. Sounds like nice weather in your neighborhood. Know you will beat the horse by a long shot. :)For completing the Road Race Series you receive the coveted title of Road Warrior. I think they also give trophies and some type of clothing. They throw a big party in January to hand out the awards. It's a fun goal to see if I can complete the whole thing. A lot of people use the series as training for the St. Jude Marathon in Dec. Hope being back at work wasn't too bad.

Susan - Did you sleep better last night? Hate those restless nights. I already have bags under my eyes. Too little sleep makes them look like trunks.

Kristi - Sounds like you have some busy nights. Didn't know kindergarten gave homework. Do you ever use your crock pot for meals? I'll usually cook up a batch of something that I can eat off all week. Sometimes I don't have enough time in my day and it's only me. I see you may possibly do the St. Jude Marathon. That's close to me but I have no desire to do a marathon. Hope you get to do it.

Amy - Glad to see things are going well with work and your workouts!

Wendy - Good job on the workout! That's great that you received your first phone call even though it didn't work out. You will be receiving more. Don't think I have LL. I do have L&G and that's a pretty good workout. Think I will love Cathe's new kickbox workout. Yay on the DOMS!!

Cathy - I like the shorter workouts too. Really enjoyed PP yesterday because I was finished in 45 minutes. Then, I can add yoga or something else if I want to. Like your workout plans. Hope BTS goes well for you. Take a deep breath and just be your wonderful self and you will be fine. Weather should be beautiful for Sunday's race.

Judy - DD job sounds like so much fun. Should be a fun day for DD#2 tomorrow.

Carole - Thanks for the link. Know you will do great with the first leg of the relay. Think I would want to do the first leg too. Races are longer for RRS. I will think twice before signing up for the entire series again. Don't know the cost of each individual race but the entire series is on $65 - 6.50 per race. Enjoy your run today.

I did Shelly's speed ladder for my tempo run this morning. Legs are feeling good. They're not as sore as previous weeks. Running those hills must be helping. Had some DOMS in the glutes and upper body from PP yesterday but it didn't interfere with my running. I warmed up with 6 Minute Abs and did Cool It Off Express for my stretch.

Better get some work done! Happy Hump Day!!

Jackie

Hi All!!

Oh, when I got up this morning, I had to force myself out of bed. I literally debated on whether or not I would go back for half and hour, but decided that I may as well get up. Did my morning chores, and settled down in front of the tv with a book and a cup of tea, thinking, “Hmm, if I’m up for it, I’ll do a Spinervals. No way I can run today.” Well, about 20 minutes before I had to get ready, I started thinking of the weather and how it’s going to be REALLY windy and icky tomorrow morning, and if I wanted to run, I’d better do it today. So, I went, got my running gear on, and took my iPod, thinking I’ll do an iTread Outdoors and go slow. I got out there, and everything fell together and the next thing I know, I’m done with my run and I shaved TWO minutes off my 3.5 mile time (and iTread 6 does a 6 minute run, 1 minute walk!). I was flying at times. Man it felt so good! I don’t think I’ve had a run feel like this for a while. The weight loss and the good eating habits are certainly making themselves known! I finished it off with Rodney Yee’s Yoga for Flexibility – a nice stretch. I’m feeling so good!

Cathy – our BTS night is tomorrow. I can see why it would stress you. I think parents are harder to deal with than kids. But I do enjoy going and meeting the teachers. I know you’re a great teacher, so everyone must want to meet you! Good luck! I liked Level 2 much better than Level 3 in Yogilates. It seems to flow better and was definitely more fun. As I told Jackie I felt that 3 was more of an advanced pilates DVD with yoga tacked on at the end to make it more marketable.

Wendy – Yeah on the lats DOMS! Great job! Enjoy Imax.! It’s a fun one. Hope Joey is a happy camper for you today for your sacrifice! Congrats on your first call!!! I understand that it doesn’t suit, but hey – it’s the first call!

Judy – I know the feeling of carving time. We’re happy to have you here when you can make it. I’m really finding added benefits to adding yoga. I’m really enjoying this rotation. My flexibility is really increasing, and I feel like my joints are loser so I’m not as worried about injury, if that makes sense. Hope you see the same!

Kristi – I’m so happy to hear that Chelsea is doing well on your runs! I know Jimmy looks so forward to ours – and it’s a great motivator knowing that he’ll be a wild and crazy dog if we don’t go. Makes me get my butt off the couch! As for dinners – I usually spend an hour or two on Sundays cooking for the week. I can whip up a bunch of casseroles, a lasagna, a pot of soup, etc – easier when I’m doing them all at once, and then all I have to do is pop them in the oven during the week. I can send you recipes if you want.

Shelly – I wanted to tell you that I LOVE your idea for going for your ACSM Health instructor certification. I can definitely see you excelling at something like that! How cool for you to be able to do that! Pilates is interesting. You really have to concentrate to feel anything. But I find I feel more if I go for a class at the gym and have a full hour to focus on it.

Carole – So sorry I’m got your DH’s team wrong! I feel really stupid! My DH is a Packer’s fan, too – just more of a Patriot’s fan. Good to see Favre doing so well! My DH tries to do everything he normally does, but when he cannot he gets frustrated and angry and of course, I get the brunt of it. Not fun. He’s going to the doctor’s today as he’s not getting better. Glad your quads feel better! Yes, the cooler weather is so nice for running. Are you expecting rain?

Amy – great job on the 4 fast miles at 4:30 AM! Holy cow! I thought I worked out early!

Jackie – I need to get some hills in! I’m glad to hear they are doing so much for you! Yogilates Level 3 was okay. I’m going to have to revisit it, though. It seems like he was actually producing a more advanced pilates video, but because there are so many pilates videos out there, decided to tack on yoga at the end to make it more unique. Maybe I won’t get that feeling if I try it again.

Susan - I’ll have to try the Karen Voight pilates DVD! Thanks!

Hi to all who follow!!!

Good morning ladies,
Okay I really need a kick in the rear!!!! I just had a snicker for breakfast. I should say snickerssssss. I bought halloween candy the other day to keep in a little halloween basket in the foyer and the kids are not eating the stuff, I am!!!!! I can't remember the last time that I have gone on a bender for so long. I need to STOP!!!!! This weather does not help. It is rainy here and it makes me want to curl up in bed with some hot cocoa with WHIPPED CREAM!!!!

Okay, well enough of that. I am going to run 5 miles with my hubby today in the icky weather. We really are spoiled in CA. I did a 3.5 miler yesterday and then muscle max upper body and then did Eoinn Finn's 42 minute premix of hip openers. It was a GREAT workout!

Cathy, you will be great tonight. You have such a way about you that makes people feel very comfortable the minute they meet you. That is how it was in my experience. In other words, you are a delight!

Carole, my bum looked a lot better when you saw me then it does right now!!! I now have 3lbs of fat on it, UGH!!!! I actually would rather run in warmer temps than this cold crap. I really am grumpy this morning, kind of like Helga was in the diner}(

Judy, I would definitley recommend Bryan Kest is 3 dvd series called, sweat,energize and tone. They are wonderful and he is wonderful and you will strengthen and tone with these workouts as well as becoming more flexible. I also love Baron Baptise dvd called long and lean. It is 45 minutes long and has some great abdominal exercises and it is a very well rounded dvd. I also like the dvd yoga with Ateeka. I beleive she has a website or go through Amazon. It is 50 mintes long and takes place on a beach in Hawaii and she is very soothing and it is a flow type yoga and also very relaxing. She is very soothing. Rodney yees yoga for athletes is also very good and his yoga burn dvd. There are so many out there. Eoinn finn also has another dvd just called Eoinn finn yoga. Anyway, I hope this helps and it is great that everyone is getting back into yoga, including me.

Oh dear, my hubby is waiting for me to run with him now. I gotta go. I will try to get back for more personals. Hello to everyone else!

Susan

Christine - Congrats on the great time you made on your 3.5 mile run. It is amazing how some of our best runs are the ones we never wanted to do in the first place. I'm looking forward to trying iTread Outdoors 6 maybe this weekend. I just bought it last Friday and finally have it uploaded to my mp3 player. What a great idea making dinners for all week on Sunday. I would love recipes. I've been tweaking my monthly menu to try to fit in everyone's wonderful ideas to make my dinners easier. The hardest part is my picky kids. My DS could eat chicken nuggets every night if I let him. Luckily DH is happy he doesn't have to cook and will eat anything I place before him. LOL

Susan- Thanks for the yoga DVD suggestions! I did order Yogalaties 3 this morning. I may add one more for variety. Either the Kest series or the Baptiste one you mentioned.

[font color=red][font size=+2]Judy "Likes2bfit"[/font]

Ok ladies...

I have a confession to make. I didn't work out today. x( I was just sooo incredibly sore in my lats, hams and glutes from y'day's work out that even after taking ibuprofen and a nap after work, I couldn't bring myself to do it....I DID, however, get alot of housecleaning done so it's not like I was altogether lazy today. :p

Between tmrw and saturday I intend to get done the Itread interval run, X Chest and Back one other thing which I have not decided on yet. I'm just not sure at this point which day I will do what. Saturday was going to be my rest day but in light of today, I am putting the kibosh on that. I will do SOMETHING on saturday and Sunday is my 9.5 miler. YIKES!

So I just found out that my running buddy is bowing out of the half. She hasn't had the time to train properly and doesn't feel she'll be ready. :-( In addition to that, my DH will probably be working that day so guess who is going to be going to her first HM all alone...;( ;( ;( I just realized that I will need a sitter for my son-I can't forget to set that up!!!!:eek:

K, it's time to get my little guy to bed. I plan on coming back later for personals before I hit the sack myself.

BBS :7

What a group this is! Thank you for the words of support. So often I come away from these boards with a huge smile on my face. Love it here & how we support one another! I was able to read most of the posts earlier and it gave me a great boost. Thanks again. :)

BTS Night went well. I figured it would, but I still was nervous and sweaty, anyway! Had a former student who's now a sophomore come and visit, too, so that was a treat.

Wendy :: I do feel your pain, having put out blanket resumes for teaching positions in several cycles. My subject area is especially tough to find jobs, so I didn’t get many responses. Luckily, I was hired in the same district where I student taught. It was my ONLY job offer. So putting it out there and waiting can be tough, but no matter how long it takes, don’t be discouraged. Keep your hopes high – it *will* happen, probably sooner than later!!…And oh yeah, you earned that rest day!!...So tell me again, where is your half? If I can make it, I’ll come out and support ya!

Judy :: I know what you mean ~ I sometimes get caught up and spend too much time here, too. Join us when you can. It’s always great to hear from you…How exciting to have Made filmed at school. Some great instant cred for DD#2!!…Are you still doing the X, too?

Kristi :: WW is going really well. I am liking the online system and feel satisfied most of time. Am starting to get a few comments from colleagues, too, so THAT part of it is sweeeet! :)…Hope you enjoyed your run. It’s great that Chelsea is making good progress.

Shelly :: I will go with KBext & the new SloMo– thanks for the rec! I truly can’t wait to see the pics of you racing that mule. Poor thing has no idea what he’s up against. :) Hope you enjoyed your rest day. Did you REALLY take a total rest day???

Carole :: thanks for sharing the link. Of course, I was immediately drawn to the pic of the FOOD table! *lol* I think I have the de-stress munchies right now…KBext sounds like it might be for me. Shelly mentioned that APX has a lot of equipment changes, and I think I’d probably find that a turnoff. I have been on a kick for some time now where I only use dumbbells – just find it easier than switching the plates on the barbell. Anyway, I probably won’t order Amy til the end of the month. I need to slow down and practice at least SOME restraint. :p :D Absolutely lost it once again with my favorite Carole expression: the whiny you-know-what.

Amy :: Nah, I would say I feel overwhelmed – just busy. You know how it is. But with BTS night behind us, things should now get much, much calmer. Did you have yours already?

Jackie :: PP is one that I’ve only done a few times, and I always forget what it’s like, but I did a Supersets premix recently and really enjoyed it…I do think hill training gives you a lot of strength. Speed, too.

Christine :: Glad you hit your zone and enjoyed a strong run this morning. I don’t have Yoga for Flexibility but will give that one a look.

Susan :: Bet you ran those itty bitty Snickers right off…Rain sometimes has the same effect on me. I know you will appreciate this: one of the custodians brought in a treat today that was out-of-this-world and so simple! It was a chocolate covered Oreo concoction. She said she takes a bag of Oreos, 8 oz. of cream cheese, and mashes it all up with a bit of lemon juice. Then she spoons it out in little balls and dips each one in chocolate. TO DIE FOR. I ate one. It was probably 10 WW pts. (*lol*) but oh-so-good…I still want to get Baron’s Long and Lean. So many videos, so little time and $$$!

OK, I think I'll watch a little TV and hopefully catch some shut-eye soon. Have a great night!!

[font face="heather" font color=brick red size=+2]~Cathy [/font face] http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif
"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George Sheehan

Just wanted to do a quick check in. I JUST got home (it's 10:15 here) after spending the night in the hospital with DH. He hasn't been feeling well, and went to the dr's today to be told he has a cold. Well, he took some cough syrup and was feeling better so he decided to go to a local pub to wait for me to be off work (we'll get together for a drink every now and again). He had had one glass of wine and started getting a tightness in his chest. So he went outside for some fresh air. He sat for a bit, then decided to go back in, and just fell over. He was out for a few minutes, but did come around. He called me and kind of down played it, but he passed out - there was no way he was going to drive. So I went to get him. The pub had called the ambulance, and the paramedics wanted to take him in, but he was too stubborn. I took one look at him and told him I was taking him in. He still had chest pain, and he was having difficulty breathing. So, I took him in, and they did all sorts of test - his heart is heathy, etc. But he has been traveling so the doctor is concerned it was a clot. Or it could be something as simple as a reaction to the cough syrup and wine. They're keeping him overnight for observation. I felt horrible leaving him there. He has a big welt right under his eye and a brush burn on his cheek from the fall. He's looking better and is in better spirits, but it really scared me. So, if you have a spare moment, say a quick prayer for him. Thanks ladies!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.