::::CHEETAHS - Wednesday::::

Good Morning Ladies.

Amy: Have a great day and good job with this morning's work out!

I was last to post last night so I have no personals to catch up on. I am planning on getting to the gym by 8am to do Itread Intervals # 21 and shower before my shift starts at 9am. Wish me luck that butt-glue doesn't take over and ruin my plan!:p

Have a great morning and I'll be back after lunch!:)

Good morning cheetahs! It was insanely busy for me last nite so I had no time for a cheetahfix:( Tonight has been better though and after this shift is over I have 6 nights off:7 :7 :7 :7 I sorely need a break! I did manage to get in Leaner Legs yesterday at least. After work I'll be going for a 4-5 mile trail run and later today I'll tackle DM upper body circuit.

Amy- nice to hear that you're back on track.... good job!

Wendy- LOL about the butt glue... you are too cute!

My most humble apologies for not catching up on personals from yesterday! I am just numb with exhaustion and need to nap and get the brain in gear.... later y'all.

Carole--- are you back yet?

ShellyC

Good morning ladies! Today is going to be a beautiful day, sunny & mid 70s. Fall is in the air, finally. I think I will run 2-3 miles during lunch today. I'm hoping to go outside but I might have to settle for the treadmill.

Cathy - Good luck with Weight Watchers! I'm still thinking about it, but if it is in essence the same as counting calories, then I might just stick with counting calories instead. I already have all of my calories figured up for most things I make, due to watching my calories very closely about a year ago. I just need to focus and lose about 15 pounds. Otherwise my fall/winter pants won't fit.

Shelly - Don't feel bad about not being able to do personals! Get some rest. We will be here when you come back, whether it be today or tomorrow. Have fun with your 6 nights off.

I'll try to be back later. Work has been so busy lately I barely have time to go to lunch as it is.

Good morning cheetahs

Got back yesterday afternoon...wow, a long drive. Had a great time with my HS friends. Got in a 12 mile run at my FIL's, all on sandy dirt. I tried to catch up on most of the personals for the last few days, sorry if I missed anyone...

Cathy...I bet the chiro does not approve of heels, it has been a way long time since I have worn them. Seems there was more smoke coming home yesterday , but it does not really smell smoky. Can't believe you heard 'neener, neener" 1st from me??!!!...:)..So you are liking Amy Bento...:)

Amy...good job not falling off the step, I bet we have ALL done that at least once! Enjoy work today.

Christine...seems like Jimmy is turning into a great running partner. So glad the no weight rotation is working for you!! Congrats on the 5 lbs gone!

Wendy...way to go on the 8 mile run you got in!!! I bet you will do great in the half. Have fun with the iTread interval workout today...hate that butt glue!

Gayle...yes the golf ball really does get into the heel pain! Looks like your relay went well. Loved the pics! The tye dye shirts were cool...:)

Shelly...Yes, I am back!! Missed you guys...I can see why you skipped the half...smart choice!...:)...like Cathy...I love the "neener neeeer"...this is supposed to be a neener neener smiley: http://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/neener_neener.gif[/img]

Judy...I went to Southern Cal for a few days. I met up with some High School friends and then stayed at my FIL's until tues morning. I did get to watch sunday football and monday night at my FIL's. I even got in 2 runs, 12 and 5 miles.

Jackie...sounds like a tough race. Running in the rain does take some getting used to...training in it is ok but a race can be no fun. I think you did one great job due to the weather. I once did a marathon in the wind and rain...toughest one I ever did, but I wanted to beat these 2 guys so I pushed hard and I did beat them!!!

I am planning on CTX upper body, abs from something and a 4-5 mile run. Running at my FIL's, there were a few deep sandy spots and it was interesting seeing my foot strike and how occasionally I do push off more with my toe (not good for chi running!) so it did make me focus more on my technique.

Have a great day...

G'morning Cheetahs!! Remember me??? I have to apologize for my lack of posting & support here!! I thought things would slow down once the girls were in school, but it seems the days are flying by!! I'm loving this round of P90X, I'm on my first recovery week & noticing some great changes already!! I'm doing doubles & still running too, usually Tues, Thurs, & Sat. I didn't run y'day as I had a bit of a tummy thing on Monday so I rested in y'day & did Core Syn later on.

I also have a little bit of a PT job now, cleaning houses!! It started as my dh was braggin' me up at work & a couple ladies asked if I would be interested in cleaning their houses! So I did my first one last week & made enough for an ipod shuffle. :) Greg told me to take my first paycheck & spend it on myself so that's what I did. ;-) It'll make cleaning MUCH more enjoyable (although I love to clean anyway!) & I loved my Sat morning run by myself w/ my tunes!!

The girls are doing well in school & love it so far. Allison loves her pretty-K also, she's so grown up!!!

I'll try to be better about checking in. Gotta get Allison out of the tub & off to school!! Have a great Wednesday!!!

Good morning Cheetahs!

Susan - How exciting and stressful about the possible move! Congrats to DH on being considered for the new job! Will keep you and your family in prayer.

Kristi - Happy belated BD to DD. Hope she feels better. Glad you like your new treadmill. I must have missed that. What kind did you get?

Christine - Glad you had a smoke free run! Didn't hear about Brenda. How awful! Haven't had time to cruise any of the boards this week.

Wendy - Glad the CPR class went well for you. What a shame the group fitness didn't come up sooner. You could have gotten some valuable training paid for!

Cathy - New computer came in today. That will take more time. I guess I'm so far behind because our fiscal year is getting ready to end. There's a push to get reports in before Sept. 30. Then, I have to set up interviews for people that have applied for a postmaster position. At least, the emails are caught up. Maybe by Friday it will be better.

Amy - Great job on LIC! Are you having shorter workdays now?

Shelly - Six nights off? What will you do with yourself? Enjoy your trail run today.

Carole - Glad you had a safe and fun trip! Missed your posts! I may have already said this but I'm so afraid that November may be cold and rainy for my half marathon. I'm glad my goal now is just to complete one. Have a good run today.

Jess - Post when you can. You enjoy cleaning, huh? Would you come and clean for me? :) I get the job done but it's not one of my favorite things to do. Congratulations on making some extra $$$$!!

Today I did Ab Ripper X, a 4.5 mile speed drill run and 10 minutes of stretching. ARX was much easier doing it first and it warmed me up for my run too.

Better get to work. Still lots to do.

Happy Hump Day!

Jackie

Good morning ladies,
Well some of you know that we were considering moving to North Carolina since my husband had a job offer. We have decided to not pursue it any longer and stay put. I am actaully very happy by the decision. After talking to some friends and really looking into the school issues there, we know it is not the right place for us. It is a beautiful area and cheaper, but the school system there is a mess. Academically it sounds good, but they reassign students every year to a new school and by next year most of the schools, if not all of them, in this CAry area will be year round. We have a great school district here and I just need more security for my girls. So, I was still be a California cheetah:) I also think my hubby wants to stay put at E-bay. It is long hours, but we will continue to make it work. Okay, end of that.

I did DM yesterday and today I will run 4 miles and do KPC abs.

Amy, YAY for not falling off the step!

Wendy, enjoy your run and hopefully there is no butt glue situation}(

Shelly, you have been one busy gal. Take a breather and enjoy your run:)

Kristi, I hope you get your run in!

CArole, welcome back!!!! It sounds like you had a great time and some GREAT runs. We miss ya when you are not around:)

Jess, I need to find a job to make some extra cash. Good for you for getting a ipod and great news about the results you are having with the P90x:)

Jackie, thank you for your kind thoughts about the move. It was kind of exciting for a moment, but we love where we are at. As usual you did a great balanced workout. HAve a good day at work.

Well ladies, I am off to take kids to school and then run. See ya later!

Susan

Well, no run during lunch. Instead I tried to walk Chelsea in the backyard. She is so headstrong. I want to eventually make her my running partner. Right now she is not trained well enough to do it. But one day….

Susan – The decision you made re: moving sounds like a good one. The schools do sound like a mess from your description. What a shame since education is so important.

Jackie – I bought my Sole 63 treadmill at Dick’s on Saturday. My cheap Weslo treadmill is 8 years old. It would not display how much my incline was. However, it did suit its purpose and I definitely got my moneys worth out of it. I only paid around $400 for it. Actually, I’m surprised that after all that time I never had any problems out of it at all.

Christine – It sounds like your yoga and pilates are going well. Let me know if you find a workout/instructor that you love. I’ve been thinking about giving these a try.

Carole – Welcome back! Glad you had a great time!

Hi Jess, Wendy, Gayle, Judy, Amy, and any others I may have missed.

Hi Cheetahs –

I’m working from home today. We had a belt in the air conditioner come off and smoke out the entire building, so I’d rather be here then there. Did Yogilates again this morning (something hit me the wrong way yesterday, and I would have needed to run with a porta-potty behind me). As it’s slow at work, I managed to get in Yoga Burn, too – and this time the audio worked okay – I used it on a different TV. I like it – it’s SLOW – but it really gives you a chance to get into the poses. Might do the run in a bit, as I’m feeling better now. We’ll see.

Amy – Glad to hear you did not fall on the step! That’s a great way to start the day. Happy to hear you’re back on schedule.

Wendy – you crack me up – butt-glue? Such a great description. Hope you got in your workout!

Shelly – we’ve missed you! I’m so glad you have six nights off! Sounds like you need it!! No worries about the personals – we’re just happy to have you back!

Kristi – Sorry to hear you didn’t get in your run! How’s Chelsea doing? For Jimmy the only way I was able to train him to run at my side is to carry really good treats for a while and hold them right at his nose level, so he was forced to run beside me. I gave him treats every now and again when he was running really well. Now he’s fine except for the first 5 minutes when he needs to get out the puppy energy.

Carole – Welcome back!!! We missed you! Sounds like you had a good time and got in some great runs. Running is sand is one of the things Danny says to do to really check your stride. Enjoy your workout!

Jess – good to see you too!!! Glad you’re enjoying P90X! Good for you! An Entrepreneur! Enjoy your Shuffle. I have one and it’s great.

Jackie - I always do ARX first – otherwise I’m just in pain. Sounds like you got in a great workout as usual!

Susan – I’m so happy to hear you’re not moving! I do love North Carolina, but I think you’re a Cali girl! Nice to have smoke free air isn’t it?

Well, I should probably go pretend I actually am working! Enjoy all!

Jackie...thanks...:)...If at all possible try and do some training runs outside in the rain before the half, if you think the half could be rainy. Getting acclimated to the different weather can really help...just like acclimating to different terrain. Good job with ARX, that is a tough one.

Susan...thanks...:)...I didn't remember you might be considering a move to NC. I am glad you decided to stay in Calif! NC I bet is WAY humid...and us Californians don't like humidity much, do we?...:)..Have a good run and fun with KPC abs (One of my Fav's) today.

Kristi...It can take some time to train a dog for running. I got a lab cross once after she was about a year old and Way headstrong (the cross was Chesapeake!). After training she became one of the best running dogs I ever had...so good luck...:)

Christine...wow...must feel like you have been in enough smoke!! Thanks, I missed you guys and posting too. I must get a laptop for my next trip...:)..Have fun with Yoga burn and I hope you can get in a run.

I had a good workout and run. I was planning on going to work for one client, but she ended up having a Dr appt and she moved to friday, so I have the day [font color=magenta size=+2]OFF!!![/font]

Hi Ladies.

Well I did it. I got my butt off the chair this morning and did ITread 21 intervals before work this morning. }(

I have no idea what tomorrow's work out holds but it has to include weights in some way shape or form. I just got All Body Attack and Mindy's Kick Butt Bootcamp so perhaps I will play with them tomorrow. :)

So DH changed jobs at work as of today. It's more pay but also O/T. He will not be home in time to watch Joey while I train tonite so I have to leave earlier to drop the little guy with my mom before I head over to my friend's house. This job is going to be a blessing and a curse. Not only was he watching Joey while I train my friends but he was also here to watch him when I went to the park for my long weekend runs to train for the HM. Now there is a chance that he will not only be working saturdays but sundays too! It is going to make training very difficult and he could also MISS THE HALF!!!x( ;( :-( x( I want to cry. Everything was moving along so nicely until now but this is a job we've been hoping he'd get on. The money is going to be FABULOUS!!! I can't ask him to back out of it. No way. I guess I just have to find a way to deal....Sorry for the rant but thanks for listening. I just needed to vent.

No time for personals. I need to get the house picked up before I head out the door. I will try to catch up later tonight or in the morning. I don't work at the gym anymore this week so I'll have a bit more time in the morning.

I hope everyone is having a good day.

Later!:7

Got my run in YEAH! I started off thinking, "Okay, I'll just go a mile." Then I got to a mile and decided to just run the whole darned thing. I feel really good! Two hours of yoga and a 1/2 hour run - what's not to feel good about?!

Carole - Glad you have the day off! I love a day off after I get back to get things organized! And yeah, I'm done with smoke for a while *knocks on wood*.

Wendy - Glad you got in your run! I totally understand about your DH and his new job. It's soo frustrating when we plan out only a few months and have a curve ball thrown at us. But, I also understand why you have to vent here and not to DH - the money sounds wonderful! Congrats for him! Hopefully it's not TOO much overtime!

I'm off for a quick shower. Enjoy!

Hi cheetahs!! :) :) :)

Wendy :: Congrats on DH landing the long-coveted job and more MOOLAH! I completely understand, though, that it’s a deal that comes with pros and cons…Working Saturdays and Sundays sounds extreme ~ do you know how long will that go on?…I hope the long hours are temporary, so it doesn’t put too much of a crimp in your training/working out schedule…Yeah, I need to work on the crack o’ dawn workout thing. With my new schedule, I now have to be in the shower by 5 and out the door by 6…And it's funny, from 5 am on, I have no problem working out, but it’s before that that I just can’t get it in gear.

Shelly :: enjoy a blissful 6 nights off!!!

Kristi :: The one thing I *don’t* like about tracking points rather than calories is that I think I’ve been a bit low on the protein the past few days. I like how FitDay breaks down the nutrients like that for you. My only other concern was how fair the activity points would be, but I think the system must have been tweaked to address high intensity workouts reasonably. I think just having something different to focus on and knowing I’m *paying* for the service is helping me stay focused...good luck with Chelsea's training!

Carole :: YAY! http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Happy/happy-132.gif You’re back…12 miles on sandy dirt??? Yowzas!…Glad you enjoyed the weekend…Ha! I saw that neener neener smiley recently and it reminded me of you...hope you’re enjoying your impromptu day off!

Jackie :: I didn’t realize you worked for USPS…glad to hear you’re plowing through the catchup pile. I have taken your tip of doing abs first, and see that it makes a big difference.

Susan :: ACK! Year-round schooling?? No, thank you! *ha ha*…but seriously, I’m glad you reached a decision that leaves everyone happy.

Christine :: *lol* about needing to run with a porta-potty behind you. Love your way with words!…Agree about YB…it’s slow but somehow it’s not boring…Glad you found a little extra oomph to go the distance today. Love when that happens!

Hi Amy and Jess!

A little later I will be doing PLB + a (short?) run.

Did PLB only. No run tonight. I feel a little guilty 'bout that, but the truth is my tank is kinda on E at the end of the school day, so until things calm down, I don't think I'll beat myself up too much.

[font face="heather" font color=brick red size=+2]~Cathy [/font face] http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif
"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George Sheehan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.