::: CHEETAHS ::: Wed., 11/8

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Gm, cheetahs~

Not sure what I'm planning for this afternoon. Looks like it'll be a soggy one here in So. Jersey, so it might be the perfect opportunity to try LIC. Will play by ear. Yesterday I had a strong 6+ mile run followed by GS CT and 1.5 hrs of yoga.

OK, I've got all of yesterday's posts to catch up with, so I will be back shortly.

Have a great hump day!
Cathy :)

Wendy & Judy :: I almost lost it again last night during yoga when one lady fell over and hit the wall! I definitely have Elaine Bennis Syndrome. :)

Judy :: tennis after DM?? Wow!

Laura :: I wouldn’t let paranoia creep in…if it doubled in size, the bosses probably just wanna check it out! Obviously, you’re doing something right. No, I am not ready for any holiday just yet.

LD :: cracked up about Rodney Yee. I do recall he seemed to be wearing something like a pair of Speedos in the videos I owned.

Gayle :: don’t know if you’ll be stopping in here regularly again, but it’s good to hear from you. Sorry to hear about your mother’s diagnosis. I hope that she does fall into the minority.

Carole :: I definitely felt it in my butt when I ran yesterday (2nd day after B&G). Thanks for the update on John.

Linda :: how in hell does one manage 4 miles + B&G?? You so crazy! :)

Mattea :: how was DM? Cracked up about having to be medicated together. Yes, the stress factor is giving me tons of energy to burn…but I did fall asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow!

Sunny :: on in-service days, usually one presenter comes to the school and gives us a workshop (or workshops) on a particular topic. Sometimes they’re great; sometimes they’re a colossal waste of time. Yesterday’s topic was our schoolwide literacy initiative…for me, it’s a little redundant bc I’m a language arts literacy teacher, but I must admit, I don’t mind a break from the kids now and then. Now who is this Barry guy I’m hearing so much about?

Susan :: I would try not to beat yourself up too much about not having been a good daughter. I think there are times when all of us get wrapped up in some of our own “stuff” and we take some of those closest to us for granted. What’s important is that you’re there for her now. I’m glad she has a positive outlook…that’s such a huge part of any battle! Glad you enjoyed your deep tissue massage today…with all that you’re going through, you deserve to have some of that tension worked out!

Christine :: let us know what the doc says today. I'll be thinking of you.

Good mornin' cheetahs,

cathy- ok, now i get it:) .check out www.barrysbootcamp.com
what part of nj do you live? i am originally from nj (edison).

judy- i do not take any of those supplements you mentioned. I will look into them. thanks.

carole- thanks for the explanation. it definitely makes sense. also, thanks for the update, i haven't ask cathe in a couple of days.

christine- thanks also for the explanation. i was doing tempo runs and didn't even know it, lol. so glad you received your new dvd's!! let the fun begin:)

susan- glad you enjoyed your massge. my muscles are long overdue for one.

mattea- haven't yet tried DM, however it is coming up on my rotation, YIKES}(

wendy- hey girl, what's on your agenda for today?

alright ladies i am off for barry's shoulders & back and then the 30 min treadmill portion.

ttyl...enjoy your day:)

Happy Hump Day Cheetahs :)

Cathy- You sure had a great WO yesterday. !

HI Sunny! Have a nice Barry Sesion andTM session :)

I have a run on tap with my friends at 7:15, however it looksto be rainning. We'll probably all do TM runs instead. The only other WO today will be stretching at some point.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Morning Cheetahs!:)

Well, I had LIC scheduled for today as I had to work but the day off was offered to me so I took it!:) It will allow me to take a new class the gym is offering that I was not going to be able to take at all this month b/c it is scheduled only when I am working!x( It's called BootCamp. It sounds interesting! I'll let you know how I like it!:+

Cathy: You didn't go out and buy that duct tape yet, did you? :p What's the longest distance you've run thus far?

Sunny: You are really gettin' into BBC, ey? Good for you! So your race is comin' up quick girl! I wish I could do it with you! I'll be cheering you on that day for sure though!:+

Judy: Rain appearing on an outdoor run day is so depressing. It's raining here too. YUCK. Have a nice stretch.

I mailed out the registration for my race y'day! Now I'm REALLY looking forward to it!:+

BBL!

Judy- have fun on the tm today.

wendy- another race, you are on fire!! let us know how you like your bootcamp class. i can't wait for my race, whooooohoooo!!

i ran out of time this am the strength session was longer than i anticipated, so i did the non-treadmill cardio session. whew, only 20 mins. but gets your heartrate up quickly. the instructor used a jumprope for part of the session. i liked it.

*Waves sleepily to Cheetahs*

BM2 in on my agenda for today. I'm excited. I'll let you know what I think! Ironically, it's raining here, too...

Cathy - Oh, that's funny about your yoga class! Jeez, sounds like you take yoga with some interesting people! Good job on the six mile run and weights!!

Sunny - glad I could help. A tempo run can be so many different things. It's all in how you want to work that day. Enjoy your run today! Hey - when are you racing and how far?

Judy - sorry the rain hit today and is getting in the way of your run! It would still be fun to do a TM run with friends!

Wendy - how do you like your job? Sounds like it's fun! I'm glad you get to take BootCamp - that sounds like a blast!

Sunny, So how are these BBC workouts broken down?? I am doing the Black Friday race purposely so that I can eat as I please on T-day knowing that I will burn through it the next day! Nothing better than a guilt-free Holiday!;)

Good Morning Christine! I like my job. It can get irritating at times when it's crowded or when the kids are being bad or cranky but hey, so can every job, right? I'll take this job any day over the stress of my last job-collector for a bank! *GASP!* :eek: :7 Have fun with BM2!}(

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...good run and workout yesterday. It started raining last night here..so a soggy day today too. geeze...a lady in Yoga fell over and hit the wall...I am thinking I want to come and see that class with you, Elaine!...:)...I think yesterday I finally had no DOMS from B&G!

Sunny...you are welcome. Have fun with Barrys workout today...:)...when is your race?

Wendy...I hope your Bootcamp class is fun. So a 5 mile race on Black friday!!

Judy..enjoy your TM run!

Christine...You got your DVD's!! BM2 was the only one that I didn't have a problem with and even the others for me they would just kinda stop for a few seconds in the areas mentioned and then continue. My DH has gotten a few of our dogs to smile...:)...I hope you have fun with BM2!!!

I am doing an Elliptical workout and the bonus abs from B&G..

Have a great day...:)

Hi Ladies, I'll dig into LIC today and SH bis and tris, did B-Max step yesterday and liked it, I had to modify the v-step back because of space issues. I had a 'bummer dude' day yesterday. I got a call from Andy, our spa director, to come to a meeting last night, things have been strange and strained at the spa lately, the owners seem to have lost interest and it shows (low stock, modified services). The owner called the meeting to unceremoniously tell us that effective immediately the spa is closed under a government seizure:eek: :eek: :eek: So my $850.00+ cheque is worthless and if I want any chance at getting some of it I'm to go to the back of the line!!:eek: :eek: :eek: Does that suck or WHAT!! I'll put an ad in the paper for any clients who would take appointments uptown but it's a very different atmosphere. I'm not worried but am completely taken aback at the swiftness and finality of it! I had a lot of fun and met some fabulous people at the spa. It's sad that it closed solely because of gross mismanagement:-( I think I need a good workout today!}(

Cathy, you're killing me with the yoga giggles! I've had to choke back some serious laughs during yoga classes. Twice I've been in classes and women coming down from 'shoulder stand' have passed some serious gas:eek: :7 One was when I was in school for massage, it was one of our classmates giving a demo, the room was very quiet and down she came!! It was pretty funny but I felt for her too, OMG, how embarrassing!

Sunny, enjoy your Barry and your TM!

Judy, have a good run, it's rainy and foggy here this a.m.

Wendy, what run have you registered for? Your Bootcamp class sounds very interesting!:)

Christine!! aren't you the early bird!! Have fun with B-Max2, the blasts during the leg circuit segment are TOUGH!!

Carole, I haven't tried any B&G yet so I'll be a copy cat and do the bonus abs too!!:)

I'm very excited to try LIC!

Take Care
Laurie

Laurie...I am so sorry about the spa closing! And due to mismanagement really does $uck!! Have you ever thought of working for a Chiropractor?

Have fun with LIC...I enjoyed it...and the abs are fast paced...

wendy- great idea! bbc- has 5 workouts. eaching working different body parts and a full body without weights. each of the workouts also include a 30 min high intensity treadmill workout and a non- treadmill cardio option for about 20 minutes. i am lovin' it!!

christine & carole- my 1st race ever is on the 18th of this month. it's a 5k- a walk in the park for all of you ladies:)

laurie- sorry about the spa. that really stinks.x( enjoy your workout today. hopefully it will relieve any and all your stress.

bbl...

Good Morning Cheetah Gals!

Cathy-Wow, that was one long day yesterday! And I don't think it's Elaine Benice syndrome if you are just laughing at things that are funny. A lady fell over and hit the wall? ROTFLMAO, that's just good stuff:)

Sunny-Barry's Bootcamp looks interesting! Glad you are enjoying it:) An unsolicited word on tempo runs, they happen to be responsible for a new 5K PR for me that interval runs just couldn't do. But they can be hard, lol, so I love to hate them}(

Judy-Sorry it's raining too hard for running w/ friends and that you're stuck on the TM instead. Crank up the music and try to enjoy;-)

Wendy-Enjoy the day off!! So it's a 5 miler around TG for you, right? How cool:7 I like the method to your eating/racing madness, lol. Hope you enjoy the new class today and that it kicks your butt}(

Christine-First, I hope you hear nothing but good news today!! And second, well hears some bad/good news, Bmax2 is a toughie, but I think you'll love it. Be prepared to be wiped, just remember that the last blast lasts just about as long as you can take, but then it's over:)

Carole-I really liked the bonus abs from B&G, a nice medium intensity and they didn't move at the breakneck speed of LIC and Bmax2 (which I also really liked, just 2 very different ways to go about getting some good results). Let me know how you feel on the side to side planks on the ball--where you flip to alternate sides and try to stack your hips---Cathe seemed to be feeling these much more than me, so maybe I wasn't doing something right, lol.

Laurie-I'm so sorry about the spa closing and that you worked for that money and now it's worth something next to nothingx( On the bright side, LIC is nothing but fun from beginning to end, so I guarantee you'll get a smile before the end:7 I'm glad Carole warned you about the pace of the abs.

Jess-I know this is late, but I finally saw your Windsor Pilates commercial today!! It was just a quick clip of you, in a pink v-neck top---you looked great!! and have a really nice voice too:D I don't think I saw the whole thing, but I'll keep my eyes out for it.

Hi to all the other cheetahs who show up later today!

Today is supposed to be a rest day for me, but DH and I have all day plans this Friday and I'd rather that be my rest day, so I'm thinking so very heavy upper body today, B&G tomorrow, and then off. I've really enjoyed this first week with the new series and can't wait to try some mishmoshes and premixes now:D
Mattea

Good morning!

Cathy - I would love to go to one of your yoga classes! Just picturing what you describe crack me up! Wow! You had some workout yesterday, too! Yep....I was pretty wiped out yesterday after the run and B&G! But..it was fun! }( It is raining here today, too! Very dreary. Have fun with LIC!

Sunny - Enjoy your treadmill run and Barry's Bootcamp!

Judy - I know a treadmill run won't be as much fun as running with your friends outside, but enjoy it! It must be raining everywhere today!

Wendy - enjoy the day off of work and enjoy the BootCamp class. Is it the 1/2 marathon that you registered for?

Christine - Have fun with BM2! Can't wait for the report back from it!

Laurie - Oh my goodness! I am sorry about the spa closing! That is a bummer! Enjoy LIC and S&H! Sounds like a tough workout!

Carole - enjoy the elliptical and the bonus abs from B&G! I really enjoyed that abs workout! I am so confused about how to incorporate the elliptical with my running if I am trying to train for a 1/2 marathon. Do you think I should cross train a couple of times a week...or should I just run?

Mattea - Glad you are enjoying the new series! The next couple of days of workouts you are planning sounds great! It is a good idea to take your rest day on Friday so you can enjoy the day with DH and not have to worry about getting back to do your workout!

I did a 5 mile treadmill run, PUB and abs from BM2.

Hi to everyone and hope everyone has a great day!
Linda

I finished LIC with the bonus cardio and really liked it, some of the shoulder and upper back work was definitely working it! I know that I'll do this step premix often.

Carole, I bailed about 1/3 of the way through the abs, I'm a bit distracted and my heart wasn't in itx( I do still work at a chiro clinic, I share that room with another therapist and worked at the spa when the clinic room was in use. I'll add more hours into the clinic appointment book and put my picture in the paper so my spa clients can find me but the clinic is nowhere near as fancy and ambient as the spa.

Sunny, your race is getting very close!!! I'm excited for you!

Mattea, LIC was fast paced, good workout! Enjoy your heavy upper body work}(

Linda, nice workout, I love PUB, enjoy the rest of your day!:)

Take Care
Laurie

Laurie - sorry too hear about the spa! That sucks! *Sends good wishes and vibes Laurie's way*

Quick note to say BM2 is great. The cardio and leg parts are tougher than BM1, but FUN! I really like the variety and the leg work on these. The upper body was not as tough, but I like the way it hits the muscles differently. The flying angel side planks - I laughed. But, I'm feeling good now.

*Waves hello to the other Cheetahs* I'll write more personals later! I'm looking forward to the first day with no political ads in a while! But, I'll be bummed to come home and not have phone calls from Arnie, Bill Clinton, Robert Redford... :+

Good Morning ladies,
I woke up with a major food hangover. I had Indian food for lunch and then went to Chilli's for a friends birthday and today is my hubbys b-day and we are going to lunch, I am thinking maybe sushi.

I did workout two times yesterday though. I did LIC and the cardio blast pre-mix of Body max2. That was a really good workout. It was 55 minutes of all stepping.

I am going to go to the gym today and do the elliptical for 50 minutes and then later today I am going to do the standing portion of butts and gutts.

Elaine, Thank you for the kind words in yesterday's post. I do not know what kind of lung cancer it is. My mom is going to get the whole thing explained in more detail on Friday and she will know when they are going to start the treatment. I had no idea my mom could be strong. She usually falls apart when there is any news of an illness. I am truly amazed by her and inspired. I do not believe that the cancer has gone into any lymph nodes, so that is good. I will keep you posted and thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and experience with me. I am so sorry that your family experienced that tragedy with your brother. I had no idea this forum was going to be so supportive and so necessary for me. I am so inspired by all of these great women.

Cathy, you have had some awesome workouts! You do have to stop laughing in your yoga class though;-) I used to think it was funny that people would try poses like standing on their hands and they had no business trying it, because they could bared stand on one foot. It is good you get some comic relief though. Try LIC and tell me what you think. I really like it, but don't feel completely done at the end. I am so used to flying around the step like a crazy women that it feels weird keeping my feet on the ground. It is a lot of fun though.

Sunnydelite, I will have to check out these workouts as well. I love using the jump rope. I have subbed all the cardio portions of bootcamp with jumping rope and it was really challenging.

Judy, have a great treadmill workout! It is raining here too. It makes you want to curl up with a good back and some hot cocoa.

Christine, so far I think that Body max2 is the hardest of all of them, especially with the step so high. And yes, I am totally there about meeting in Fremont. I know there was one other person in San Jose. Was that runnergirl? We should invite her too and whoever else wants to go. I wish we could meet all of the cheetahs for a weekend gtg. Carole? Elaine? Good luck today at the doctor visit. I know you must really be worried and just know that you will be fine regardless of what they find, but I am pretty confident you will come home with good news.

Wendy, YAY! you mailed your registration. You are commited now. I really miss running. I ran for about a minute the other day and my sciatica pain was there the minute I started. Oh well, I am loving all of the cathe dvd's. Have a great bootcamp class.

Carole, We will be doing the elliptical together. yes, I am definitley converted to the whole massage thing. I am going again next week. I can't believe you can actually here them breaking down the knots in your back. I found it fascinating. I had a pretty heavy duty deep tissue one. She also uses light therapy . Have you heard of that? Have a great workout!

Laurie, I am so sorry about the closing of the spa. That is a real bummer. What has been your favorite dvd so far? How is your ankle feeling lately. Is the therapy helping you?

Mattea, I am LOVING the new series as well. I am going to try the Cardio fusion on Friday. Have you tried that one yet? I love the way she has these chaptered and the pre-mixes. I am so glad all of my dvd's are okay. I am one of the lucky ones. Have a great day!

Linda,what a great workout! I love doing PUB after a great cardio workout. I have not tried the abs from BM2 yet. I will have to try them today.

Hello to everyone else who follows and hug your kids extra long today, they deserve it.

Cheers!

Susan

Well, I must say that this Boot Camp class is AWESOME! What a butt whooper!!! OMG! LOL It's set up in stations:

station 1: tricep dips off bench
station 2: squats and calf raises holding SB alternated w/ squat jumps holding SB
station 3: push ups
station 4: lunges holding body bar
station 5: step ups w/knee lift and shoulder press
station 6: db back rows with tricep work and calf raise
station 7: forward jumps and side hops alternating back and forth

After a warm up she had us go through each station once (done for 1 minute each) and then we did about 5 minutes of high intensity cardio before beginning the next round. We only had time to go through the routine 2 or 3 times but I was sweatin' friggin' buckets! :eek: There was some good ab work at the end as well.

I'll be back for personals once I finish my lunch and have java in hand!:9

K, DS is down for his nap and mamma is relaxin' w/her coffee now. Aaaaahhh!:9

Carole: So what kind of elliptical work out are you doing today? I have yet to try any of the bonus stuff on the dvds. So much to try and so little time!}(

Laurie: I'm so sorry about the spa! That's gotta suck! Will you be looking for something else then? I registered for a 5 mile race for the day after Thanksgiving with a friend of mine. We figure it's a good way to work off the goodies from the day before so I gorge guilt free!}( :9 :7

Sunny: BBC sounds fab! *pulls Christmas list out of back pocket and starts writing furiously*

Susan: Sorry you are still unable to run but you have been doing some great work outs!

Christine: Glad you enjoyed BM2!}(

Mattea: I LOVE to eat so I figure as long as I something to counter-act it, it's okay!}( Have a good work out today!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.