::: CHEETAHS ::: Wed., 11/1

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetahs~

It'll be GS Legs for me this afternoon. Yoga was good last night but I fear I may be banned from the class soon. I have this Elaine Bennis problem -- I bust out laughing sometimes when I shouldn't. For example, last night, during the meditation (with gongs going full blast in the background), the lady next to me dozed off & started snoring away. LOUD. I tried really hard not to, but at one point, I just lost it. With the gongs and her snoring, it was just too much. People seemed a little annoyed w/ me. Oh well. :) It was funny. Hey, this is why I teach middle school! I've suppose I've got the same mentality! :)

Well, on that note, I'm gonna check up on any posts I missed from last night and catch up.

Have a great day, everyone!
Cathy :)

Pamela :: thanks for the kind words and also for the heads up about BM2. How challenging/complicated would you say the footwork is on the step blasts? That’s the only thing I’m worried about w/ the new DVDs. I know the intensity will kill me – I just don’t wanna be frustrated with choreography. Enjoy LIC!

Christine :: not many trick-or-treaters here! Love DH’s wine idea, though! Clever! Glad you rec’d your shipping notice. I’ve glanced at the Nov. rotation and was wondering if you cheetahs would be running for 20 minutes or 45 minutes when directed or if you would run your normal distance instead.

Wendy :: I am still in neutral as it is not yet 5 am…so I’ll just do a very pathetic chair dance for you on getting your shipping notice!!! :) Awesome!

Hi Cheetahs,
I'm planning to do B& G standing today and some cardio, TBA.

Fun Halloween here last night.

Cathy--Well, if you need a note to get back into the Yoga class, let me know. I'll write you one. Very funny story. Have fun with GSL this afternoon.

Christine--the iPod costume was fun. DS's buddy was a coffee cup -- another great costume. Funny story about your DH. Great idea! Last night a friend of ours, wearing a pig nose stopped by for a beer while his kids trick or treated. He drank the entire beer wearing the pig nose -- amusing and impressive.

Wendy--congrats on getting the DVDS. I am loving mine!

Hope to be back later for more personals.
-Barb
:) :) :)

Morning Ladies!

Cathy: The yoga story is really funny and I would have laughed too! To heck with those people who got mad at you! They take life waaay too seriously!:p

Barb: Enjoy B&G and whatever cardio you choose! A grown man drank a beer with a pig nose on his face? LMAO! That must've been a sight! HAHA!:7

Well Piglet went up in smoke as the costume was too small so he was Pooh instead.:) The batteries in our camera are caput but luckily DH has a camera phone. I will have him email me the pics he took soon so I can upload them into picture trail for everyone to see.:+

Well, my calves are still yellin' at me somethin' fierce for MIC!:eek: I think I will have to nixx the IMAX idea for today. I just did S&L y'day so I'm not too keen on doin' one of Cathe's new ones today either. (BUUUUMMMMERRRRRR!:-( ) Actually, UPS doesn't normally deliver to me until around 2 and if I wait that long to work out there could be trouble!:p Bottom line? I have no clue what work out I'm doing today! :7

Have a great day!

G'morning Cheetahs!! Hands still warming up from the cold making it hard to type!! :p

Well, I ran .7 miles until the knee pain hit so then I power walked for 2 miles, total 2.7 miles & 1 mile biking (.5 mile bike over to my friend Melissa's & .5 mile back). Erin & Melissa ran about 4 miles, they just went on ahead of me (cause I told them not to wait for me!) and I just turned back sooner.

Ok, I'm off to use that darn foam roller (ouch!), and do some yoga. Must stretch!!!!!

I'm meeting 2 good friends for breakfast at IHOP this morning, we'll have fun chatting!! Then I have some errands to run! I'll be back later. I might try to fit in GS BSB later if I can or else tomorrow!

In case you missed my late post last night, here's the link to my little trick or treaters http://www.picturetrail.com/jess_jugs

Did B&G standing and the add-on core. Very fun workout. Very thorough. Need to really get low on the firewalkers to feel them and engage the low abs (for me at least). Takes awhile to get the resistance right to feel them stab the glutes..

Wendy—I must say the pig nose beer drinking man was quite a site. A cute costume last night was a little boy who dressed up as a Lego with upside down solo cups on the front (he was wearing a box.) I bet Tigger looked adorable! take care of your calves. Stretch 'em out.

Jess-cute picks. Sorry about the knee pain. Don’t self-diagnose it as ITB unless your absolutely sure. My DH had a torn meniscus years back. I can’t remember if you’ve seen a doc.

-Barb
:) :) :)

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...you did great posting Sunny's pic!!! its easy huh?..:)..Have fun with GS legs...I have the same Elaine (Seinfeld) problem...my DH and I about got kicked out of the later service in church one day as someone farted....well, we both lost it...so bad I had tears....very immature...:)...:)...I would have been laughing in your yoga class too...

Christine..WOW 10 bags of candy!! I could come over for the wine...:)...and your new DVD's in the 7th!!! Cool!

Wendy...you get your new DVD's today!!! Yippee! Sorry about the piglet costume...but I bet hes was a very cute Pooh!!

Barb..I am going to try the floorwork in B&G this morning before my run!

Jess...the pics of your kids deressed up were adorable! Your DH's mullet was quite impressive...:)..looks like you all had a great Halloween.

Katrina...did you get your new DVD's....so how well do you know your UPS man??..:)

Linda...I chose to modify the Nov "5 week" program so on the days she has "off", I will run. It seemed to modify better than the 4 week program for me. Good job on the 6 mile TM run. I might look at that bonus ab section of B&G too!

Elaine...thank you for sharing your thoughts about your brother. I know he was very important to you. If he was anything like you, then I know he was a kind and caring person. Time will help with the rawness but you will not forget him and the memories you will always have. I have RTTC also and I do like it...I don't do Stretchmax often, but it is in the Nov rotation alot and my massage therapist said my hips had been real tight last week, so I know I need some stretching and yoga!

Susan....sounds like you had a very nice weekend!!! I am sorry about the sciatica pain...:(..I hope the chiro will be able to help there.

Judy...I am doing BM2 tomorrow, and it will take me some time to get in all the new ones as I am following Cathe's Nov rotation...

Shelly...it was frustrating about the DVD's, but at least I have them now!! I think Drill max is a real killer, I can't wait for your review!

Pamela...have fun with LIC, I think I do that one Monday...

I was so happy yesterday to find the cardio Fusion DVD also has premixes!! I did the 6 drills from Drillmax before my run. WOW!!! I loved the football drill...:)

Today I am doing the floorwork from B&G, and maybe the bonus abs before my 5 mile run.

Have a great day...:)

I've got a major junk food hangover todayx( I was pretty self indulgent yesterday so today I pay the price. I just finished Charlene Prickett's Crazy for Step so I go some good cardio. Hallowe'en and November 1st are bittersweet days for me, it's the 9th anniversary of my husband's death. I think it's lovely and appropriate that he left this world on 'All Saint's Day', he was selfless and loving to his last breath. I don't want to do the 'Debbie Downer' thing but did want to acknowledge today's significance:) I'm off to work in a bit and I'm going to do everything I can to stay out of the Girl's goodie bags. If I can figure out how the heck to do it, I'd love to post a picture of Faith dressed up as a '50s Girl. She looked pretty cute!!

I'll catch up with personals later, gotta get the towel out of my hair and put my face on:)

Take Care
Laurie

Laurie...sending hugs your way...http://www.emotihost.com/glass10/4.gif[/img]..I know in my own way how those anniversaries feel...I have read your posts over the years and I can imagine how special your DH was. It would be great to see a pic of Faith!!

Good Morning Cheetahs!
I'm so sorry that I've been far too busy for personals or check-ins lately, but I have been reading about your various escapades and trying to keep abreast of the new cheetahs :) I'm so happy to see that our ranks are growing. Now I promised Carole and Barb that I would check-in soon and since yesterday was my first run after almost 2 weeks off from running (the old body and mind just needed a break after my 10K) I thought today would be appropriate.

Laurie-What a touching message from you about your husband. Thanks for sharing the significance of this day with us. [[[Hugs]]] to you and your daughters. Oh, and on the candy thing, it's always the smell of all the Halloween candy mixed together in the bag that I love most of all :D Weird, huh?

Elaine-I was so sorry to hear about your brother and very moved by several of your posts concerning him and your family. You've been in my thoughts and the grace and strength with which you have dealt with this has been inspiring.

Cathy-You've nailed exactly why I don't go to yoga class with other people. I have a hard enough time trying to meditate with DH and the cat in the house, lol!

Barb-Thanks for the advice in the firewalkers, I'm thinking of just using exercise bands for them instead of having to mess with the band each time. What is the difference between the "core" work and the stability ball abs? I ask b/c DH does Cathe's ab work for his own workouts and wanted to know, but I couldn't tell him as I hadn't seen it yet.

Wendy-I bet Joey was sight! Can't wait to see pics :7 We had 2 Poohs show up at our house last night. MIC is always a calve burner for me! Maybe something like LoMax would be easier on the calves?

Jess-I'm so sorry about the nagging pain! Have you had it diagnosed yet? Maybe there is some kind of therapy/stretches that might help? What cute pics of your girls!! I love Care Bears!:+ What an array of pink and purple, exactly what I remember from my own childhood, lol.

Carole-You always inspire me to add tough cardio to "tough cardio" (running), lol! How hard would you rate the DM drills? I think Cardio Fusion is the best gift Cathe could have given us!

Hello to all the old and new cheetahs here!

Last night went pretty smoothly, DH is a teacher in a small town so our house was prime target for pranks, but only a little shaving cream this morning:) I ran for 30 min. yesterday and did MM, then spent a couple hours previewing and learning Bmax2 and LIC on a 4 inch step. Today might be a day off for me, but I might not be able to help myself from doing something new, lol! What a rush of happy adreniline to be back running (on what was probably the last warm and sunny fall day for us) and then to start warming up with Cathe and crew in the new vids!!!
Love to all you cheetahs!
Mattea

Good mornin' ladies,

Today's workout was 45 mins on the elliptical and then going to the gym after work for a step class.

I have DOMS from yesterday's bootcamp.:)

I am doing a happy, happy dance right now, got my email confirmation my new cathe workouts are on their way, woooooooooohoooooooooo!!!

right now i am pressed for time, i swear everytime i try to log on and type someone walks by my desk to ask me something anyway i will check back in later for personal.

i hope everyone is having a tremendous day!!

Quick note to say hello - I'll come back for personals later. I did a Step Mish Mosh that was killer and FUN! I did SJP Step, SB Challenge, IMax 2 step only, IMax 3 Step only, and the RS Challege. Clocked in with warm up and cool down (and bathroom breaks) 85 minutes. Funny thing - IMax 2 step is harder than IMax 3 step. Never knew that. IMax 3 has a lot of twisting and turns. Now it's off to the showers and off to work.

Laurie - I'll make an exception to giveyou {{{{HUGS}}}}. This has to be a very tough day for you. Your DH sounds like an incredible man. I'm so happy that he had such an incredibly warm and caring wife. I'll be thinking of you today.

Hi there cheetahs! I'm still alive....I think!:) After yesterday's workout I passed out for a long nap (I needed it!) then got an unexpected reprieve, our patient census was low so I was able to take last night off. Slept well and feeling ready to take on the world again:7

Yesterday I did DrillMax first. WOW...this one is really a killer!
It reminded me of PlyoX and Bootcamp...only HARDER!! It went on longer than I thought too. I remember after nearing an hour of this torture Cathy saying something about the next drill and I stopped and screamed at the TV..... there's MORE!!!!! Well, I managed. I did make the concession of using the same weights as Cathe, usually I go higher but I was feeling the effects of BM2 and B&G the day before. Well, being the insane person I am I next tackled LIC. I thought this one would be an "easy" one......WRONG}( Cathe has outdone herself with these workouts. The pushup sequences in LIC really did me in....barely made it! I also used the green band (I usually go for the heavier silver one) For these workouts I think I may stick with the green for a while!

I'm loving these....I really feel they are going to break me through
to a new fitness plateau! Since I have a goal of completing a triathlon next year they will be invaluable. Okay enough of my babbling....I'll be back with personals

ShellyC

Hello Again..... :7 :7 :7 PERSONALS :7 :7 :7

Christine- I LOVE your DH's tradition of giving wine out to the adults! I wrote down that mishmosh you concocted....sounds fun! Only a week to go before you can tackle the new workouts!!!

Cathy- I didn't know you taught middle school....what a difficult age! Kudos to you....I'll bet they inhaled your cupcakes! Great story about your yoga class....I would have been hard pressed to keep from laughing too!

Jess- Absolutely adorable pics of your girls! You are so good with the pics. I'm afraid I have tons of pics in my camera that I havent bothered to load in the computer yet! Sounds like yoga is just the ticket for you today. I'm so sorry your ITB is still being a bear:-( I mentioned a while ago but I'm not sure you read it....I saw your infomercial!!! You were by far the best "testifier"
you looked fabulous!!!

Barb- Have fun burning your buns with B&G! It really does as advertised and I have the sore buns to prove it! An iPod costume?
How totally clever!!!!!

Wendy- I'll bet Joey looked even cuter as Pooh!!! I hope we get to see a pic! Maybe you'll be up to doing a premix when your new workouts arrive.... but I don't blame you for delaying....they are
serious buttkicking workouts!

Carole- Have you done the full Drillmax yet? Absolutely awesome workout....I'm not sure I could do this one with a run:eek: B&G is a workout made for you. I know you have been concentrating alot on leg workouts lately. I'll be interested on hearing what you think of this one.

Laurie- Your DH must have been someone so special! {{{{HUGS}}}}
Don't worry about the junkfood indulgence. With your fitness level
it will have no effect in the long run!

MATTEA---WOW--I missed reading your posts so much! It was great to hear from you and that you're doing well. I guess I missed your 10k! I was injured (adductor strain) and got in a funk a while ago and wasn't posting. I'm on the road to recovery now (slowlyx( )
How did your race go? Having fun with the new workouts now?

SunnyD- So your wonderful new torture sessions (ooops, I mean workouts) are on their way!! Be prepared! Have fun with your step class today!

Time to get busy- I did 5 miles on the TM today....now for some cardiofusion!!!!!

tata
ShellyC

Good morning ladies,

I was up at 6:00 and did all of the step and power circuits of Body max1. I will get my new dvd's tomorrow, YAY!!!!! I am going to the chiro this morning after I drop kids off. It should be interesting to see if they figure anything out on the first visit.

I posted my girls halloween pictures and one of myself before my Yummy pants adventure. My 4 year old took the pic.

I promise I will be back for personals later today. Have a great day ladies and I can't wait to try the new vids.

Cheers!

Susan

Shelly:7 :7
You crazy, crazy, crazy woman! You did DM and LIC back to back? Just wow! Say hello to the DOMS for me, lol}( You didn't "miss" my 10K as I didn't have time to post on the boards either. DH and I ran it together about 3 weeks ago. It was part road/trail and HILLY! Steep trail hills for miles 4 1/2 and 5 1/2. So many people stopped to walk and though we didn't have to stop, at a certain point you started to feel like you could walk faster than you could run up the hills:) We came in at 59:00 and got 3rd (him) and 2nd (me) in our age groups. We ran the first mile in 7:55 and stayed pretty consistent with that until we hit the hills. Downhill to the finish line was some of the most fun and dangerious sprinting I've ever done! I'm also dreading all the new torturous push-ups in the new series. Let me know how CardioFusion flows.

Christine-I love the extra long step mish mosh! Sometimes I feel like I'm so focused on the blasts in the Imaxes that I miss out on the fun step. Can't wait to mish mosh with the new workouts!

Susan-What cute kiddies!! Did you say you have a Mr. YP adventure? Do tell!!

Mattea

I’m back ladies!! My butt and legs are killing me! I guess I’m preparing for the torture to come next week! Now time for personals!!

Cathy – I’m a giggler too and the oddest things strike me as funny! I’m sure the class will be okay. I’d have giggled between the gongs and the snoring, too! I’m not sure about the November rotation. I may do it – we’ll see. I have to think some more on it. But, I would probably add on miles…

Barb – Sounds like you had a great time!! A beer while wearing a pig nose? I’m impressed! That must have been funny!

Wendy – love Pooh, too – Joey must have been adorable!! Can’t wait to see the photos! Good luck figuring out what you want to do – I did put together a next step mish mosh if you’d like to try some steady state… *grins evilly*

Jess – your girls are adorable! You know, you look a lot like a friend of mine. She has the big brown eyes and the thick long curly hair. You’re both very attractive women.

Carole – 10 bags, and we had about half the kids we usually get so we have tons of left over candy! Lovely… I’ll give it to the kids. Let them get sugar highs! I’m so excited to get the videos – DrillMax I think will be my favorite!

Laurie – I, too, would love to see a photo of Faith! She sounds adorable! More {{{HUGS}}}

MATTEA!!! You’re back! Glad you survived Halloween with only a little shaving cream! Sounds like you’re having fun with the new workouts! What was funny about the mish mosh is that I never realized how tough the step segments in Imax 2 are! My HR was up there the whole time – not so much in Imax 3. I get bored with breakdowns, so I got a 90 minute step routine with minimal breakdowns and a lot of action. Definitely one I’m doing again.

Sunny - *Does happy does with Sunny* Mine, too! Very exciting! Great workout!!

Shelly or Super Duper Cheetah… Drill Max and LIC in the same day too? Wow!! I was thinking LIC would be easy, too – glad to hear it’s not! I’m dying to try the new ones after your and Carole’s reviews. I’m skeptical when people tell me a workout is tough, but you, two, I believe!

i'mmmmm back...., lol

cathy- that is a very cute story. has me chuckling out loud at work, oops. did you post my pic yesterday? i went back to check it out and it won't come up for me:-( . how did you do it?

wendy- i know joey made a cute pooh! are you stalking your UPS man today, :D

barb- WTG with B&G!! can't wait for mine to come in.

jess- enjoy your breakfast at IHop:9 :9

carole- amazing workout!!! i am so dying for drillmax. tomorrow, tomorrow you are only a day awayyyyyyyyy, hehehe

laurie- ((((((hugs))))

christine- killer mish-mosh. did you make that one up?? holy moly:D

shelly- a triathlon, you are truly an amazing woman.

susan- it will be like christmas for you, me and christine tomorrow!!!!:D

ttyl...

Christine-I also get bored of breakdowns, esp. in workouts I love, but have done quite a few times so I'm definitely doing this one! Are the step segments in Imax 1 chaptered so they could be subbed for this one? I don't think they are, but you'll be happy to know that the bonus cardio on BMax2 is a finished "challenge" of all 3 step segments strung together:7

Sunnydelite-I don't think we've "met"! I think the new workouts will help with the 5K on the 18th :) I think only a fellow Catheite could feel that excitement about the shipping notice ;-)

Mattea

Hello cheetahs,
Well, I just got back from my chiro appointment and it went really well. She took a lot of xrays and measurements of my limbs. She did say my left leg is slightly shorter than my right and she felt a lot of tightness in my lower back. She believes in working from the neck down. So, she adjusts just higher up in the neck region versus the lower back region. I will get my first adjustment on Monday morning. She says I will barely feel a thing and that she doesn't do the cracking adjustments. I feel good about it and am looking forward to going back. I wish I could run now though. But, I get my new dvd's tomorrow. I will not know which one to do first.

Cathy, that is funny about the yoga. I have fallen asleep in meditation mode as well. Hopefully, they won't kick you out:)

Barb, enjoy Butts and guts!

Wendy, what workout are you going to do first tomorrow?

Jess, sorry about the knee pain. Have you been diagnosed yet. I love IHOP!!! It is one of my favorite places for breakfast.

Carole, have fun with the Butts and Gutts. Did you have any trick or treaters and did you indulge with a few snickers?

Laurie, what beautiful words that you said about your deceased hubby. I too went way overboard with the candy last night. I put it all out of sight today. I have Charlenes workouts and I think she is great!

Mattea, great job with getting back into the running. I spent a 3day weekend with Bryan(Mr. Yummy) and took about 8 hours of yoga. He was WONDERFUL!!!! I so love his style and his way of talking and oh is lovely green cargo shorts he was wearing...AHHHHHH

Sunnydelite, yes, I am doing the happy dance too. Tomorrow they arrive!!!!!!

Christine, AWESOME workout!!!!

Shelly, Drill MAx sounds awesome. It does look like a long cardio segment. Glad you are breaking through some plateaus.

Well, Ladies I am off to pick up my little ones. HAve a great day and I can't wait to hear more about all of these great workouts!

Cheers!

Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.