::: CHEETAHS ::: Wed., 10/25

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Happy hump day, cheetahs~

Yoga was good last night...I think I'm gonna switch my night to Tuesday. Seems to work out OK with my schedule.

Wendy :: what?! A race on Black Friday? I will be racing then, too - for some major early-bird bargains!! It's an annual event for me. I love it!

Christine :: I actually feel more rested this morning with FEWER hours of sleep--go figure. But I do need my tea to get charged up.

Hi to all other cheetahs. I'd like to fit in a run + some weights this afternoon.

Have a great day - will BBL
Cathy :)

Mornin' Cathy and all other Cheetahs!

Today is work and then HSTA, baby!}(

Cathy: I have not shopped on Black Friday....EVER!!!! I refuse. My mom has gone in recent years and said it's not so bad. She thinks that is because lots of people got scared away by the threat of ridiculous crowds. I still won't go! LOL I have a lot of planning to do if I want to run this race though. I have to find a sitter. DH works that day. :-( I have to wait to hear back from my friend as well. I'm not sure I want to go through the trouble if she will not be running with me so we'll see. Glad you enjoyed yoga last night and have a good run today.

Christine: I imagine after having the summer off that you are probably used to more sleep than usual. It will take some time, but like you said, you'll get used to it again. :)

Hey All! My appointments don't start until 11:00 so I can enjoy a nice long workout! I'll do a BodyCombat DVD (Les Mills contraband}( ) and some yoga/pilates. I had my 2nd PT treatment for my ankle yesterday, the guy is ruthless but it did 'hurt sooo good'! I could feel the difference just walking to my car. I'll have another treatment next week then start a walk/run programme (right back to where I started fromx( ) Twelve year old Faith is home today, Baby rolled her ankle coming down from a lift during cheerleading practise. She was willing to go to school but I wouldn't let her, she needs to rest that ankle, I've learned that one first hand!:+

Cathy, we'll see how it goes on the 'dark side', my non-Cathe's tend to gather dust (Franny Benedetto, Seasun, TLT's) hopefully I've chosen more wisely this time. Hope that tea gave you a good charge!

Wendy, I had to spend some money my credit card balance was $0.00!!!:eek::+ Have fun with HSTA!

Sunny, I've never heard of the Bootcamp workout you referred to. I'm slow off the mark with new stuff.

Susan, you asked the other day about my yoga. My favourite branch of Hatha yoga is Sivananda, however, depending on the group I teach my own blend of Sivananda/Ashtanga with a little Kripalu. Years ago I used to be a background participant in a local cable show, that was a lot of fun. I was teaching regular scheduled classes at a gym and at the synagogue up until last May but my schedule doesn't permit it this winter. Work and Kids and all that....I do miss it but will get back to it when the time is right.

Carole, glad you enjoyed your massage, they're awesome for increasing body awareness. You definitely want to keep those hips loose and limber, I love stretching out my hips, yet another 'hurts so good' scenario:)

Better get this workout started!!

Take Care
Laurie

Hey All!

Did not pack again, so it's a home workout, although I really don't like what's on tap for today - IMax, the original, and the step from MIC (I don't like either of them for some reason - I love the hi/lo) so I'm going to move up tomorrow's workout (HSC, but I don't have that so I'll sub HSTA) C&W abs and take a 3 mile run. I'll add Viper to Friday along with a Core Max. Get more weights that way... :p

Cathy - glad you enjoyed yoga last night! I'm feeling better, too, I tell ya. More wide awake. We'll see how I feel when I start to work out!

Wendy - I say GO FOR IT!!! I, too, avoid shopping like the plague on Black Friday. I think a race for health is a great idea!! And you're right - but I am feeling better today.

Laurie - Oh no! Mom and daughter both down with hurt ankles?! My DD17 usually comes back from hard practices hobbling - who'd know that cheer was so demanding?! I was thinking about you and your DD17 last night when my DD17 had a total melt down over colleges. She only wants to apply to one, the one she wants to attend, and doesn't understand that she should apply to several as she may change her mind or maybe not get into that one. Oh joy...

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...I don't think I have ever shopped on black friday!!! Hate crowds...:)

Wendy...I think I might not have been fully awake for Imax3!...you did great though! John is at home now and doing good. I am not sure if they have gotten him into a rehab facility yet as he was putting it off...so a race on black friday!!! Have fun with HSTA!

Laurie...Body Combat sounds scary! I do know the hurt so fgood feeling of PT, but it does wonders! Glad your ankle is on the mend. Sorry about Faith's ankle though...:(...hope she rests it today...I did stretch out my hip some with the TLT yesterday. I just need to do it more...

Christine...the TLT workout felt really good a few hours after the massage. I agree about the step portion of MIC....I am not a fan. But I do like the original Imax. Enjoy HSTA...

Shelly...wow a 6 mile run and also The Gauntlet!!!...

I am doing Bodymax upper body and abs, and a 5 mile tempo run.

So, did any of you check out the thread in the Open Forum about the person that wanted their Butt's and Gutt's DVD?...wonder if that one will get deleted today?....

Have a great day...:)

Good morning cheetahs,

cathy- enjoy your workout today!

wendy- imax3 and hsta back to back you are an animal:) i don't shop on black friday either. hate crowds, hate adults fighting over toys and refuse to get up at the crack of dawn just to shop. i ususally do all my holiday shopping via the internet. i hope you are able to schedule in your race.

laurie- check out www.barrysbootcamp.com if you get a chance. are you a yoga instructor?

christine- i never bought mic-just didn't sound like a workout i would enjoy. you are however, making me wanna pull out the viper}(

carole- i opened it, read it and closed out of it. i hate drama:-(

today's workout was a 5 mile run on the TM. i didn't get a chance to workout yesterday so i was itching to run today:D i am also gonna do p90x shoulders, bi's and tri's.

ds is feeling better today. he's able to turn his neck. it's been so stiff. however i am staying home again with him today.

have a great day ladies!!!

Happy HuMp DaY!

G'morning Cheetahs!! Well, the floor is pretty much DONE!!! I can't believe it, it looks awesome!!! LOOOOOOVE it! It was really easy to install once we started. I'm sooo glad that I married a handy man! We just have a little patch by the door in the kitchen that goes out to the garage & the trim work to do. It looks so different, especially the living room w/ the new paint! I love it! Now I need to find some different drapes, I found some online at Target but am not sure if the color is quite right. I guess I'll have to *gulp* go to Target & try not to spend $100!! :p

I've been so worn out from all of this. It seems I haven't hardly had a chance to sit down this week! (except when I'm sitting here!) Today I have to reorganize & find everything a new home. It's a good way to de-clutter although I don't have a lot of clutter anyway! (I'm the queen of throwing things away!)

Well, GS BSB is on tap for today. Although my shoulder's still a little sore from painting, I'm almost thinking it's my rotator cuff?? It hurts to rotate it around in a circle. I might have to go light on the shoulders today, we'll see how it feels. And some pilates/ stretching too.

Enough babble.... must get to work! ;-)

RE: Happy HuMp DaY!

Hi cheetahs!!

Sorry I can't chat today, but I wanted to thank you so much for your kind words after my race :). I'm probably not going to run much (if at all) this week, but I am planning to break in the new Cathes I've been acquiring steadily throughout the TnT season that I couldn't really do until now. Yesterday was Boot Camp (yow!!) and today it's Low Max.

Speaking of Low Max, I'd better get going, or I'll be late for my 8:30 meeting at work!

Jennifer

Hey Ladies, workout is done and I'm just about ready for work. There's this strange bright ball in the sky and this blue stuff peaking out between the grey, could it be.....I think it is....SUNSHINE!!!!!:7 It's about time!!!:+

Christine, sounds like your a Lady with a plan, I should try that someday it would save me some time from standing in front of my DVD case scratching my head. Oh the joys of a teenage meltdown, what a roller coaster!! I keep reminding myself how much I'll miss Elizabethe when she's off University. What is your daughter's name?

Carole, BodyCombat is like a nice compromise between Janis Saffell and PowerStike and the music ROCKS!! Yeah, I looked at that thread last night and this morning, no one likes to wait but abrasivness and negativity are no way to make things happen (something else I learned the hard way over the years;-) :+)

Sunny I'll check out that site on my break, thanks. Glad DS is feeling a bit better, we hate seeing our precious Babes in pain!!

Jess, don't work too hard!!! Having a handy man around the house is such a great thing!!!

Jennifer, have fun with LowMax!

Later Cheetahs!

Take Care
Laurie:)

Good morning cheetahs!

I am going to go to the gym today. I feel an obsession coming on}(
I am going to do the elliptical. I want to find a real challenging program to kick my butt. Do you elliptical ladies use the one with the arms or without or does it matter? I then am going to do the standing portion of legs and glutes. I really like doing the weights at home and not the gym, too much testosterone.

Cathy, glad you enjoyed your yoga class and hope you have a great workout today.

Wendy, what the heck is black friday? Have fun with the dreaded HSTA. That workout is tough!

Laurie, hope your little one feels better. It is good you are taking care of that ankle. I have been doing a lot of yoga and ab and lower back stretches to help with my sciatica. I really have weak abs. I think since I have always had a small waist I never really focused on abdominals, bad girl.

Chrisine, these are some interesting workouts you are doing. That is the one thing that I like about rotations is it gets you to do stuff you would not think of.

Carole, I did the body max upper last night while the kids were in the bath and it can be quite challenging. Have fun with your run!

Sunnydelite, great run on the treadmill:) I hope you DS feels better soon.

Jess, you need a break girlfriend. Have a big cup of green tea and one of your wonderful muffins of the day. Promise?

Jennifer, good idea taking a break from the running. It is fun to do just cathe for awhile. It is amazing what an awesome workout you get with her.

Hello to everyone else and have a great day and great workouts!

Susan

Oh the joys of running through the Bay Area in the fall… Run down a street lined with palm trees, turn a corner and be surrounded by bright red maples, turn a corner and see dark green live oaks… It’s a senses overload!! But I did really enjoy my run this morning. Did HSTA and had some issues with the weights (wasn’t too strong today – probably not used to the endurance workouts), so I was worried about the run – no need – it felt wonderful! Only went 3/3.5 miles (did not measure, but I think it was closer to 3.5).

Carole – I do hope that thread does get deleted. It’s not necessary. Enjoy your workout!

Sunny – I like MIC, actually, but I’ll do the Hi/Lo then pair it with the step from Body Max which I like better. Same length and intensity. Plus RS is on that video and that one is sooo worth it – oh yeah, and Body Max… Glad DS is feeling better. It’s so hard when the little ones are sick.

Jess – Congrats on the floor!!! Good luck not spending too much at Target! And enjoy GS BSB!

Laurie – I usually have some sort of plan or else I do exactly that – stand in front of the video case and scratch my head. DD17’s name is Maja (pronounced Maya). She seems a bit better today, but her boyfriend came over last night and I know they were up too late (they’ve been dating for a while now – he’s a good kid). So she looked like h*ll this morning. But a shower and some make up will take care of that right away. I did cringe when I saw her breakfast today – sour dough bread and butter… No nutrition what-so-ever. But oh well…

Jennifer – good to hear from you! You know, even if you’re not running, you’re welcome here, right?! :p Enjoy Low Max – I’m impressed you can do that 3 days after your 3rd Half!!!

Susan – you’re right – I like the rotations just for that reason. Glad you are enjoying the elliptical so much! I usually do the one with the arms but don’t use the arms, does that make sense? I don’t hold on when I use it.

Enjoy ladies…

Good morning all! It was very foggy and cool this morning but now the sun's breaking out....a beautiful day! With all the mention of my favorite workout..IMAX3 yesterday I just HAD to do that this morning. Feeling pretty pumped up now and with the sun out I'll head out on the bike for a spin :)

Cathy- Hope you have a great day at work, you teachers are priceless!
I'll bet running after your days are great for stress relief.

Wendy- Another one here who stays away from any store on Black Friday. I don't comprehend these people who wouldn't dream of waking up early to do good for their bodies and exercise but they'll sure as hell be lined up outside Walmart at 4am! Have a great time with HSTA today.

Laurie- That's great you'll be starting up with the running again...even if it's only a "walk/run" I know the frustration of having to start over! However your progress certainly won't be like the first time! Before you know it you'll be back where you were!

Christine- Which rotation are you doing? It sounds hard...HSTA and 3 miles.....my kind of workout!!

Carole- That troll who posted about demanding their Butts&Guts was also on the Ask Cathe forum....pretty unbelievable! Reminded me of a toddler throwing a tantrum. I did BodyMax a few days ago. I finally got the Cathe player to work on my computer and am drooling over BodyMax2...I think I'll do this one first when they arrive. Which one will you do first? How about you other cheetahs....which of the new workouts will you dive into?

SunnyD- So glad your DS is better now! I'll bet it felt great getting in that run today....good job!

Jess- GS BSB will be a challenge for you after all that painting.
Your renovation project sure sounded like a lot of work!

Jennifer- You've been a running maniac that last several weeks! I loved your account of your last HM...you've got some fortitude girl!

Susan- I personally prefer using the elliptical without arms....it is more like running then. I don't blame you for preferring the home for weight workouts!

I'll check back later. Have a great day and Hi to all who follow!

ShellyC

hello everyone,
Just taught my 3rd class this morning. I am definately starting to feel more comfortable in front of everyone. I threw in some extra stuff in between sets of upper body wts,they where lovin it.The one guy in the class told me I was crazy! I dont know if that is a good thing or bad!?

carole the poster in open forum sounds like she is just bored and wants to stir up trouble. I ingnore people like that!

jess, its always nice when jobs around the house are complete!! we have so many that need done it isnt funny.

sunny D- I only got a green screen when clicking on that website you posted. I dont think my comuter lets me get on some sites for some reason. I cant pull picture trails either where as I use to.

talk with everyone later!

Hi Ladies!

I'm done with HSTA! WOOH! }(

The last and ONLY time I did this work out IN FULL-which was my FIRST time as well-I only used the platform ONLY on the cardio segments w/no risers. Well THIS time I lost my brain and used 8" like Cathe and crew! :eek: I don't know what I was thinkin'!!! I had to modify a couple of the cardios in a serious way! I think next time I'll back it up to 6". I should be able to do that! LOL

I only use 6" on almost all other step work outs except I admittedly use only the platform for the IMAXES (only because I am afraid of jumping on the step w/both feet at any higher of a height) and I will use 8" for Low Max and Low Impact Step and will probably also use it for the new Low Impact Circuit as well.

Anywhoooo, I just drank a protein shake. YUM!:9 Now I'll go make my traditional after work out cup of java and will be back with personals!

Be back in a jiff!;)

Shelly - I'm doing the January '06 rotation - 90 minutes a day of cardio or circuit/cardio. I sub runs for the cardio sometimes. I'm still surprised I could run after I did HSTA, but I'm happy.

Laura - WAY TO GO!!! I love that you're out there challanging your class! That sounds fun! Wish you lived closer - I'd take your class too!

Wendy - I do HSTA on an 8", but I'm 5'10 so that helps! I spend the entire workout in dread of the last circuit's cardio. I don't mind straddle taps but 3 sets of 32 each? OUCH!! The first one really got me today, too - I had to walk around the garage a few seconds before I could even THINK of going to leg presses, The warm up had my hr at 110. By the time the first cardio was over I was over 140 - which is what I reach on a run! And the weight exercises are tough, too - I'm stiff from them. Great workout, though - you feel like you did something after that one!

Hi ladies

I'm justchecking in quickly here. I did a 4.2 Treadmill run and pushed the tempo up to 8mph for mosdt of it (a bit hafster than I estimate on my outroor runs.) Then came PS leg floor work only and stretches....and off to a busy day.

Now it is time to cook dinner and fold some laundry before taxiing the teenagers to and from practices....

PS- oldest DD was a cheerleader for 4 years and she had more injuries than my hocky playing boys!

TTFN DF

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Hey I'm finally back for personals! Gotta try and be quick though as it's about time for Joey to get up from his nap!:+

Laurie: So you are going to start your running program again? Are you starting from the beginning because of your ankle?? Sorry to hear about your DD's ankle trouble as well. Good thing you made her rest it! A ZERO credit card balance!? *GASP* That's pretty much illegal in my house, girl!:p }( :p ;)

Christine: You'd better pack that bag so you can get to the gym soon!!! So we did HSTA together today, ey? FUN!!! LOL }(

Carole: The butts and gutts thread was so obviously a troll's work. What is wrong with people!?!? x( Glad to hear everything is okay with John. Hope you enjoyed your work out today!

Sunny: I do lots of shopping online if I can as well...ESPECIALLY once black friday hits!!! I am thinking this race may be more difficult to pull off then I originally thought but we'll have to see. Haven't heard back from my friend yet either and I'm not sure if I want to do it alone.

Jess: Go easy on that shoulder girl! You are just healing a knee injury...don't go and injure your shoulder now! Glad the floor came out nice! I'm jealous! }(

Jennifer: Hope you enjoyed LowMax today! I'm in the process of thinking about how I will fit everything in once the new Cathe's get delivered! :eek: I can't wait to try DRILLMAX!}(

Susan: Black Friday is what we affectionately called the Friday after Turkey Day because it is a CRAZY shopping day. It signifies the start of the Christmas season and the shopping gets going in full force!!! It's SCAREY! LOL :p As far the elliptical goes, if you have good balance, you can move your arms on your own. My balance can be pretty bad so I prefer the one with the handles that move!:7

Shelley: So you couldn't resist IMAX 3 today, huh? I'm sure you made it look easy!

Laura: Glad to hear that you are enjoying teaching more and more!

Well, today ended up being a rest day. I just felt like crap by noon. I can not seem to kick this cold/ sinus infection. I also could feel a migraine coming on so I laid down when Allison did & slept an hour & a half. Still woke up feeling like crud. I managed to get a few things done around here, moved the table back, picked up the kitchen, paid bills, laundry, etc but nothing major. I think it's a good idea that I rested my shoulder another day, like Wendy said I definitely don't need another injury!!!

So now, per Susan's advice I made some tea (decaf Chai w/ some skim milk though). I'm going to take a nice bath & then be lazy in the comfy chair til bedtime. Why is it so hard to let myself rest????

Oh, and tomorrow I have to drive to my Grandma's house. My Aunt Ann is still going through her stuff there & they have some things for me. We did some work while I was back for the funeral, but she's been hard at work since sorting through everything. My Grandma was a clutterer (is that a word?) so she had a LOT of stuff. I would like some of the sentimental things that remind me of her. And we'll go visit my Aunt Meg & take lunch to her. She will love it, she adores company. Allison will have fun too, we'll head out after the girls go to school.

OK, I'm sorry I've been so lax on personals lately. I am reading all of your posts & living vicariously through your running!!!!!

Forgive me, cheetahs...I read the posts but am too pooped for personals tonight. A new semester started this week, and I have two classes again. Just finished my first paper. This pace tuckers me out, but I'll be SO glad to be finished in June.

My workout report: I ran my 6 miles in this killer wind but bagged the weights. Will try to wake up early and get in a weight workout then. Maybe ME. Next few days will be busy, so I'm just aiming to squeeze in whatever I can.

Will definitely catch up w/ personals in the AM. Now I believe the couch is calling my name!

Good night, all!
Cathy :)

Hello cheetahs,

I did 50 minutes on the elliptical without arms today and it KILLED me. I adjusted the incline and the tension pretty high and did the interval program. The only problem was that it was a little hard on the knees. I may have had the incline too high. I then came home and did the kick max leg conditioning drills and ab work from Body max. The ab worked killed me too. I am going to do some yoga tonight to stretch things out a bit.

Question for all you cheetahs who have been injured in the past. My friend said that her massage therapist could probably fix the sciatica problem without going to a chiropractor. What are you ladies thoughts on that? I have never had a massage in my life nor have I ever gone to a chiro before. I am so confused.

Anyway, if any of you have an thoughts on this, speak up! Have a great night ladies.

Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.