::: CHEETAHS ::: Wed., 10/18

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good morning, all~

Yesterday when I came home from work, I took a nap and snoozed all the way through my workout. OOPS! Woke up at 8:30 pm and felt too groggy to hit the weights. So I'm up at the crack today to fit in L&G. Hope to get in some cardio this afternoon. Preferably a run if it's not raining. Will read yesterday's posts & be back w/ some quick personals.

Happy hump day, everyone-
cathy :)

Wendy :: I don’t really gamble much anymore…Used to play slots and roulette but losing (which I always do eventually) sickens me, so now I just don’t bother. But once in a great while, I get the fever. Since I just returned to running last winter/spring after a long hiatus, most of my cold weather gear is older, so I have to stock up on a few new things, too. I used to just frequent Dick’s and Sport’s Authority and grab things on sale when I could. Sometimes I saved through the roadrunnersports catalog. I must say, though, as I discovered for skiing, the Under Armour’s expensive, but that stuff is GREAT! You definitely need to invest in gloves and something to cover your head, whether it’s a hat or headband to cover the ears. Layers are key when it's below 40.

Christine :: glad you’re feeling a little better. A lot of people I know who were sick a few weeks ago are now coming down with what is apparently the second round. Good luck beating it!!

Laurie :: hope you enjoyed that rare 4-day weekend! Glad you found a pair of jeans you liked…that can be an ordeal. I really like the new style of jeans/pants Loft is carrying…the Julie…it’s for curvy figures and is smaller in the waist than hip.

Carole :: glad you’re feeling pretty decent. I really think there is something to that zinc.

Linda :: in the past, I have done the same as Carole for long runs…just focused on distance and not how long it takes.

Shelly :: glad to hear the groin’s allowing you to add running back in…even if slowly! Progress is progress!

Elaine :: Welcome to the thread! No doubt you will be able to achieve your goals. BTW, there is another Elaine on here, too…maybe you might go by your name + last initial?

Hi to SunnyD, LD, Jess, Katrina, Jennifer, Judy, Susan, Colleen, and anyone else who drops by today.

Good Morning ladies,

checking in really quickly before my day gets started and i get busy.

today's workout will be a tempo run on the treadmill not sure how long/far.

WELCOME to Elaine!!!

wendy-answer from the other post, i am taking the turbo kick cert on sat!! it's an all day class 8am-6pm. i can't wait!!!!!

i will check back in later for personals.

happy hump day cheetahs:)

Back real quick to say I just knocked out L&G. That's a rough one and I don't even use the ankle weights! Sheesh!

Will check in again this afternoon after I do my cardio.

BBL! :)

Good Morning Ladies!

Jess, Thank you so much for the all of the advice on buying the winter garb! I checked out the tights and $40 for a piece of clothing that one would wear all of the time through the cold season IS pretty reasonable. I will ofcourse go hunting to see if I can find a better deal cause I just like to do that nowadays!}( There's a site I saved that I purchased from once before. They have some decent priced items and it's cool because each piece of clothing has a key attached to it that tells you what type of weather it's meant for!

Christine, A quickly growing company is DEFINATELY a good thing. Dealing with the cramped space should be well worth it! Did you enjoy your indian food dinner after your chinese food lunch? :9 }(

Cathy, Thanks for the clothes advice! So you liked L&G, huh? It's a goodie, that's for sure!}(

Sunny, So did you have to take any classes or anything prior to this upcoming class you are doing or is this cert. done all in one day? So once you get it, I guess you have to start looking for a job? That's sooo cool!:+ I am really liking the Power class I take at my gym. I wish they would offer a cert class for that!}(

Today will be an IMAX. I messed with my rotation a bit last night so it's now on the schedule 2 days earlier than originally planned! :eek: I must be a glutton for punishment!:p

I will not be going to running class AGAIN tonight...DH is working TONS of o/t and that is MUCH more important than my class. Oh well!

workout completed! i did run intervals for 60 mins. and then added on ME abs and stretch.

cathy- good job with l&g. that's the only cathe i just couldn't get into.

wendy- i do not have to take any other classes other than the one offered during the cert class, also no home study! i am hoping once i get it i can teach at the gym where i am already a member.

bbyl....

*Waddles into forum and waves a bleery-eyed Hello!*

Oh that's something NOT to do - Chinese food, followed by Indian food then getting up early!! I feel like I weight 400 pounds! Oh well, it will go away again with good eating! Fortunately DH is leaving town today so I'm eating my own cooking, not his so it will be low key. :+ I know I'm going to do S&H Bi's and Tri's today. Not sure what else. I was going to do to the gym today and run, but DH is leaving at 5:45AM so I have to stay here to take care of the dogs (the kids can take care of themselves - I have to care for the wondermutts- how pathetic is that? :p).

Cathy - yeah, there's some nasty stuff going around here, too. Not fun. Hope everyone else stays healthy! L&G gets me more than many of the others, including GS Legs - I think it's the very different approach.

Sunny - oh have fun getting certified in Turbo Kick! I hear that's a great workout!

Wendy - Sorry about DH's job cutting into your run class! It's not easy juggling everyone's schedule, and it always seems that things like classes end up getting cut. Enjoy IMax. I think you ARE a glutton for punishment!

Good morning cheetahs....I'm slipping in a quick hello here at work.
It's been busy lately:(

Hi Christine- Sorry your stuck dogsitting! I'm sure you'll work out that bloaty feeling anyway!

Cathy- hope you can get in your run later today. L&G at the crack of dawn....great start!

SunnyD. Very impressive start for you too....an hour of interval running :eek:

Wendy- Another race this Sunday??? It'll be a breeze for you now!
you're becoming so accomplished I'm not sure you need a running class now :7

Laurie- I'm so sorry to hear that you're dealing with an injury:(
Hope the PT is helping. I have a routine check with my doc in a month and if I'm not significantly improved by then I'll look into some further professional help.

Welcome to Elaine (darkphoenix) Very interesting user iD! This is a great place to come for motivation! I'm sure if you keep working at it you'll have no difficulty with your placement in OTS. What a great goal! The Jeff Galloway program is a great way to go about it. Keep us posted on your progress!

Today I plan on a rest day but if I wake up feeling energized I'll do MuscleMax. I've also been talking with a friend here at work and planning on getting into cycling more, great crosstraining while I recover from this injury!

Later y'all

ShellyC

Hi Elaine! Nice to meet you. I just started posting here and everyone is soooooo nice and encouraging. Yesterday I did PUB. I really like that workout. For some reason I just can't get into the slow and heavy stuff. I like to knock out my upper body all at once. Today I am going to do Tae Bo. Trying not to do too much running this week since it is my first full week getting back to it. L&G sounds really good too. Thinking a slow run and L&G for tomorrow but who knows I may change my mind by then!
Happy Wednesday to all!
LD

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...you must have needed some rest!! The bug did get me despite the zinc!! I just hope it isn't a bad cold...

Sunny...enjoy your tempo run! ME abs is a good one!

Wendy..good kickboxing workout yesterday! Yes it can get cold here but I don't think its as bad as back east. Yes Southern Cal is lots warmer than Northern Cal...but too many people for me...:)...Have fun with Imax...

Christine...glad work is going well...and its good you are feeling better too! Now though I have the crud...which brings me to your post to me last night...I'm laughing as I think you misunderstood me...when I said I wasn't feeling to bad right now, I meant about my cold, not me in general!! Have fun with S&H Bi's and Tri's. I like caring for the wondermutts...especially now that we don't have so many!!

Katrina...nice to see you...:)...I'm not a fan of Daylight Savings, to much darkness...but it is nice to know someone likes it!!

Jennifer..sometimes your mind does play with you a bit before a race...I am sure you will be fine!

Shelly...sorry about the surge protector, those lightning storms can do some damage! Yep, I did catch a bug...from my DH! But it seems I always get a change of weather cold...I don't mind running when its cools I just hate wind and rain together...YUK! So nice to hear your groin is improving...MM is a good workout and I bet the cycling is great crosstraining for you!

Judy...I was doing a P90X style rotation so I'd alternate P90X and S&H weight workouts for the last 12 weeks. I just needed some variety. After a recovery next week I'll start on the GS series...20# is awesome for tri extensions!!! I am impressed! I am glad the Tennis game went well...

Laurie...yuk, cleaning bathrooms is my least fav job! No, my DH is not using the Elliptical much anymore...:(...I got tired of nagging him to use it. Funny though he hurt his shoulder after not using it for about 2 weeks...any connection?? But I still love it...:)

Susan...its good the Yoga seems to be helping you..

Elaine (DP)...welcome! I think that Jeff Galloway book on running is a very good choice!!

I am planning on MM legs and a 5 mile tempo run, if I don't feel to bad...

Have a good day...:)

G'morning Cheetahs!! Well, I decided on a rest day today. I'm still waking up w/ a darn sore throat & fighting off this cold/ sinus. I'll make it an *active* rest day by doing some Pilates/ yoga later. I'm feeling some DOMS in my upper body from the GS workouts- love it!

The girls have their school pics this morning, Kiersten of course had to wear her pretty pink top & skirt. She's such a girly girl!! And Hannah was like, NO way am I wearing a skirt to school!! So she picked a plain green top (her favorite color since she was 2!!) and black leggings. They both looked cute though & I hope their hair isn't all messed up by picture time! Hannah was sneezing a whole bunch this morning, hope she's feeling ok. We all seem to have a touch of this sneezing/ coughing bug. Yuck!

The furnace guy is coming this morning, for some reason our pilot light will NOT stay lit on the furnace. It will cycle once, then burn out. At least it will still work, but it's annoying to have to keep lighting it when it feels chilly.

I got all of the laundry folded last night while watching tv, so that is done. Of course, there's already more to do!!

And I have more goodies to make, we're having all of Greg's work unit over tomorrow afternoon for a bonfire/ weiner roast. They have a *team building* thing every quarter so we decided to have it here. No one else lives out in the country where they can have a bonfire, and we have plenty of room outside for everyone! (only about 20 people) I'm making another batch of pumpkin bars and I don't know what else yet. Everyone is bringing food too so I don't have to make everything! I'll make a big batch of chili tomorrow morning.

OK, feeling a bit chatty this morning. I need to go shower so I don't scare the furnace guy away!! :p

Have a great Wednesday!!

well I did it everyone. Today was my first class as an instructor. I think I did pretty well. I had one of the guys moaning and groaning during the workout. I was nervous at first and after warm up and stretches it pretty much went away. before I knew it the hour was up. I might have to tweak my cardio back a little because I did go over about 4minutes but for never ever teaching before I felt that I did good. Before one of the girls left she said good workout. so that made me feel good. However I havent done the bootcamp class myself since may and I can tell I have lost some endurance so I will have to get it back up again. It doesnt matter if you run or do the elliptical this class totally challenges you in ways that running and the elliptical doesnt. After I start my new job I will also start teaching monday night classes so that will put me teaching 2x week which with 3kids and a full time job is plenty right now.

welcome elaine!!

jess hope you feel better but the bonfire sounds fun!!

talk with you all later!!

OK. I see we have another Elaine on board! Geez, I can see me getting confused thinking that I am being addressed when it is her.:+ Hmmm, maybe I can come up with an alias for myself. I'll have to think on that one!

Anyway, I've been busy but have a few minutes this morning before I have to get everyone's lunches made and stuff.

Since I was busy Sunday I managed to get my 8 mile run in on Monday and it felt great. I could tell that I had run a marathon a week prior but nothing sore really. I could just feel it more. I've started back with lifting using Muscle Max, got on my elliptical yesterday for 45 minutes and will run 6 miles today.

Uh oh, here comes my DH. He's gonna want his lunch so he can leave for work..... I'll be back for personals in a bit!!!

Hi Runners

Elaine (TYR) I'm goingto add thatto your name so you know whiich Elaine I mean :) I am amazed that you can run 8 miles just a week after your marathon. It goes to show you must have trained really well.

Hi Carole- I hope your cold virus leaves quicker than mine. I am still showing signs of it.

Laurie- How is it going with your injury today?

Jes- Your girls are so adorable! Picture day is always a big day! Tell Hannah that green is my favorite color too. The bonfire sounds fun. I am hoping to convince DH to let us build a custom stone and brick fire pit for just that reason. WE are such fire people. In fact we will have an indoor fire toninght, and do on more nights than not all winter long.

Well my run is done. It was 5.2 miles followed by Leg conditioning drills of KM. I did my PT leg exercises yesterday plus 100 front and 100 rear lunges. Event hough they were nonweighted, I still had some tightness while running.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Good Morning Ladies!

I got in my one hour walk/run this morning. I had to take the walking parts very slow, but that enabled me to run a bit. I am fortunate that my DH is letting me share his Garmin. I love that thing!

My plan is one long walk/run on Sunday of about 90 minutes, then two shorter walk/runs during the week of about 60 minutes. We live on a military base, so I am glad running outside is safe. On non walk/run days I will do any cardio of choice. I haven't tried one of my beloved Cathe cardios since I began ABB, but I might try one tomorrow. KM minus the high impact part may be good.

Elaine(TYR)-I am pretty sure if we were to all meet for a run, no one would mistake me for you! I would be bringing up the rear at this point. :p

thanks carole and sunny D. I did like doing it,better than I thought I would. I am constantly thinking of stuff that I can do in the class now. I really want to keep them from getting bored.Carole hope you have anice run!!

Good morning, cheetahs!!

No time for personals today, so I just wanted to wave a quick hello to everyone!! :)

I decided I am going to make an exception to the "no workouts until Sunday" thing by joining our last buddy run of the season tomorrow. It's tradition that we do a 2-mile run, followed by coffee and donuts (I know, not exactly healthy, but I suppose it counts as carbo-loading ;)) on the buddy run before a team event. Since Nike is the last event of the season, it's an extra special donut run LOL. I'll take it really easy so I don't tire out. It's really more about cameraderie and celebrating what we've accomplished together--not to mention sending off the people about to do a marathon in style :).

Jennifer

Good morning Cheetahs!

Just a quick check-in before I drop the girls off. I am going to run outside today with my hubby. I think we are going to do 5 miles, if everything feels okay. I am such a freak. I told myself no cardio this week, just yoga. Well, I could not do it. So, I have been doing a lot of yoga, but also slipping in the running. I feel pretty good though.

I will be back later after my workout and do some personals and hopefully not lose them this time.

Have a great workouts!

Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.