CHEETAHS TUESDAY...one day closer to friday!

lederr

Cathlete
getting us started.

i did stay home yesterday and basically did NOTHING! i thought i would at least get stuff done. i *did* workout. i did GS BSB & Ct but i felt soooo weak. it was hard to lift my normal weights and i have a bit of DOMS! anyway, i felt better that i did something. i really think i need to cut down on my long cardio sessions and see what happens.

anyway, i already know that my day today is going to be crazy (especially after missing yesterday) but i would like to try and catch up with everyone at some point!

i hope you all are doing well. i HATE not knowing what's going on with all of you.

Gm, Lorie, and all who follow!

WT :: love the way you think! :) Sounds like the day off yesterday was a good break for you. And oh yes, I do know just what you mean about today being crazy since we were out yesterday. WT Power--activate!!! :) :) :)

Wendi :: too funny about the temperamental mare! I don't have much experience with horses, but it is amazing how similar animals are to us. Glad it was a feel-good kind of day and she did so well for you. Well, until that point. :)

Sunny :: thanks for the link and recommendation! Oops, I keep directing questions to one person, but I definitely welcome all cheetah input on anything! Will put in my order when I get a chance. :)

I wound up working til about 10-ish last night...put in a lot of hours but feel GREAT about what I managed to get done. I'm no longer feeling lost in the muck. Still a lot more to do, but I *WILL* get 'er done. Yesterday ended up being a rest day from working out, which was fine by me b/c the DOMS (post-kettlebell workout) is now fairly intense. I did a short but nice stretch and left it at that. Not sure what I will do today.

Have a great day (one day closer to Friday)!
[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

Good Morning!

I am at work again! Blah!:) I got up early to get my workout done. I did 4DS abs,GS back and a 5.5 mile run...(nature called;) ) was aiming for 6! LOL

Lorie** I have cut back on my cardio some and cleaned up my eating and its paying off. I wasn't a good girl yesterday in the sweets dept but I am getting back on track today. We went out Sat night for a couple of drinks and I fell off the path of straight and narrow! But this weekend I am working night shifts so no plans. Atleast if I get back on track (which I will) I will go atleast 2 weeks without cheating.

Cathy** Good job on getting that work done! Makes you feel good doesn't it?

I went ahead and ordered the STS series in the a.m..hehe...still go the presale price! They may want to update the site!. Im not 100% sold on it but its done now...geez, where am I gonna put 37 more dvds? I think I need to have a yard sale to get rid of some of the things I don't use anymore.

Oh and the "show" I was talking about yesterday wasn't actually a show. Im talking about all the crazies in this town and surrounding area. When we would go out before, we would know everyone! Now we barely know a handful of people. I don't know where these people come from, but Ive never seen them before. Anyway...quit the characters and thats all Im gonna say about that. Oh and I couldn't beleive it but there are sooo many overweight people. Im not saying anything bad about overweight people but I can't beleieve that this day and age people don't take better care of themselves (health wise) there were a lot of clogged artries out! Id say 90% of the women that were out were overweight.

Lori:)

Good Morning Cheetah-Babes!

I have work this morning and Upper+/Abs Core+ this afternoon.

Lorie: I can't wait to hear how less cardio works for you. Glad you took the day off y'day. Sometimes doing NOTHING is exactly what you need. :)

Cathy: Glad you got alot accomplished y'day. Hey, didn't you ask me about the George Sheehan Classic race? I forgot to answer you. Sorry. Yes, it's a 5 mile race that takes place in Middletown, NJ. It's right next door to me.

Lori: Good job getting up early to work out. I really wish I could do that more often then once a year! LOL YAY for STS! I knew you'd cave!:p

Wendi: My HM is in Long Branch NJ. It would honestly probably be a 3 hour drive for you and it starts at an ungodly hour! LOL 7:30am. I know I know...for you, that's probably like nothing but not if you have a 3 hour ride before hand! If you are seriously interested, let me know. I could put ya up for the evening before or help you find a hotel in the area if you'd prefer that. Whatever you want to do is fine with me.

BBL!

Happy Tuesday :)

I can see light at the end of the tunnel. We leave on Friday morning. I'll have to run to Tagret (sorry Wendy) for a few last minute items. (Lara bars, sunscreen etc.)

Lorie- Perhaps you are right about too many long cardio sessions. I personally like a a shorter run at least once per week. (and Grace only once per week) This makes me ready to tacklthe longer runs with good motivation.

Cathy- Wow you had a very productive day yesterday! *pats on back*

Wendi- funny about the hosre incident!

Wendy- Mentally, I have a hard time going back at night to do one more segment of anything. no worries PS- Where is Hackensack?

Jackie- I love house pics on the yahoo group.

Carole- How did your knee feel after yesterday's WO?

DD did get a marvelous prom dress.

Well today will be total body weights. I am scrapping 4DS this week since I do not have 4 days. I may do a good old endurance WO like MM or PUB/PBL premix comb.

PS- I tried a chin up with putting my cybex weight system on the maximum weight (so it would not move) and using the tricep pull down bar. It worked but I could barely do 3 of them. It was a bit awkward though because the bench is in the way. I had to straddle it.

PS- Hi Lori & Wendy you posted while I was writing!

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

http://img109.mytextgraphics.com/myrainbowtext/2008/01/24/c07d67f3a8d2bfed065f377ce1494b6c.gif

Good morning cheetahs. Started out for most of the night being screamin busy as usual but it has slowed enough now for me to catch up a tad with the fabulous cheetahs.

Judy- A HUGE congratulations to your DS. You are obviously thrilled and with good reason!!!! Proud mama:) DH and I actually have our eye on several properties as potentials in Pa.

Christine- How very tragic about those poor cyclists!!! So very senseless:( Glad you finally got back to doing a Spinervals... did you conquer the red zone?

Wendy- Love that bacardi substitute for an ab workout last nite!;-)
Great job on getting to those runners speeds on the itread!!!
I do hope we can both work it out for the Sheehan classic... the medals are way kewl!!

Carole- glad the knee recovered and I sure hope its just a temporary thing!!!

Jackie- LOL about coming over to help u pack!! I think one house is definitely enough!! I've been tempted by those perfect push ups everytime I see them. I'll probably cave and get them eventually.

Lori- I have a tentative move date set for around May 6-7 and so far it's looking good :) You're getting in some fabulous runs and workouts as always there buff girl! Great to hear you went for the STS!! According to Cathe with the packaging it will actually take up less room then say the Harcore series.

Dallas- Yes I really truly did rest yesterday! :7 Hey, last year I did a run in Phoenix called the Run for the Cheetah (a 5k that was lots of fun) Anyway, according to their website they are doing one in Chicago this year.... around April 6 I believe. Check it out...
www.runforthecheetah.org.

Cathy- A BIG HUGE pat on the back for you girl!!! Got alot done and you should feel good!!!! Hope the trend continues for ya.

Wendi- Loved the story about your colorful mare!! What a personality that one has:) That's so sweet that you want to come help me!!
Believe me I wish I could transport ya here magically! Ah well, DH is definitely doing his part at least... it'll get done!

Lorie- Oh dear, already looking forward to Friday??? You do sound like you are overtired and stressed..... HUGS to you sweetie!!!

Okay, I get one nite off and then back for only one before a nice stretch off again. When I wake up I'll be going for a 6-7 mile run
and later I hope to get in a circuit... no sure what yet. Also busy as usual with painting and packing!

tata

ShellyC

Good morning cbeetahs

Lorie...good job with the GS workout yesterday. Hope your busy, crazy day goes well...

Cathy...sounds like you had a productive day yesterday. I be it is nice not to feel lost in the muck anymore!! The snatch description sounds bizarre, or that I'd hurt myself!..:)...Hope your day goes well today.

Lori...congrats on getting STS! I think we see more overweight people every year, it is really very sad.

Wendy...LOL about the Abs/core+ sub last night...:D...Hope you get it in today after work...:)

Judy...my knee didn't bug me for the workout yesterday. I have only felt it for my run. I will continue to ice it though, and do the pain free e-cises. Enjoy your total weight workout.

Shelly...my knee normally does not hurt so far, unless I run. I will know more if it is recovered when I run thurs. Now I am just trying to take it easy. Enjoy your run and circuit workout.

Wendi...I loved the mare story! I am glad she went down slowly so no chance of you getting hurt. I hope the knee issues goes away soon also. I would like to send you some warm weather. Sunday was just a fluke!

Sunny...a circuit week and icing my knee is what I am planning, I will try a short run on thurs.

Dallas..I see my nephew at least once a week for an adjustment. He adjusted my knee a couple of weeks ago. I will see him today.

I am going to try my own circuit mish mosh using my Nordic track or EXT and PLB using lighter freestyle weights.

Have a great day...:)

Good morning Cheetahs!

I posted a few pictures of my house over at yahoo for anyone that wants to see them. I'll post a more when it's all done.

Judy - Good run! Way to go on keeping the eating pretty clean over the weekend. Thanks for the dimensions on your mirrors too. Did you get all of your shopping done?

Wendy - You did a great job with iTread 23. I hate losing my good pace when Grace throws those hills in too. My Perfect Pushups cost $20 I think. If DBF hadn't bought them, don't think I would have. So, you still have the kettlebells on the radar screen? Naughty girl with the Bacardi! :)

Lori - Glad you enjoyed your night out. Sounds like the two drinks kept you sober enough to enjoy the entertainment. I like watching people when I'm at the airport. You see some strange things sometimes.

Dallas - Glad DS tummy problem wasn't serious. Nice weekend workouts. I thought the PP was supposed to make push ups easier but it didn't for me. Bet Sunny could tell us.

Sunny - See, I knew you would know about the PP. I'm definitely feeling my chest today. Think I need to strengthen my wrists. Maybe this will help.

Carole - Hope the knee is better today. Nice way to include the EXT in LIC. Does NROL intrigue you at all? Enjoy your workout today.

Cathy - Glad you made some progress yesterday. An entire weekend of vegging sounds like a plan to me.

Wendi - Your dinner sounds delicious. That horse sounds like us sometimes. We just don't feel like doing more. Cute story. I never liked doing push ups on dumbbells. It will take some getting use to doing them on the PP. But, I will use them. They do help you get deeper into the chest.

Lorie - Hope the day at home made you feel better. Go easy on those workouts until you feel more energized.

Shelly - Bet those busy nights helps time to zoom by. Glad you actually rested yesterday. Once I move, I then have to get my current home ready for rent. I have to get some painting done and the carpet shampooed. I so am not looking forward to it. Hope you have a good run and circuit workout.

I did iTread #9 40 minutes. Wanted to stay at an easy pace today. So, I stayed at about a 10 minute pace and got in 4.2 miles. I also didn't take the incline as high. Finished up with some stretching.

Have a terrific Tuesday!

Jackie

Howdy Friends,

I only have time for a quick hello as I’m FINALLY starting to feel better and am going to attempt a workout before I head to work today. Hopefully I’ll get through the cardio without coughing. I’ve been sleeping a lot lately and not working out to help get over this terrible cold/cough/fever thing that is going around. Hope all is good with the Cheetahs – now I’m headed over to take a quick peek at Jackie’s photos and then it is PUB and a 30 min Itread – This illness has put me WAY off my 12 week BFL plan so me thinks I’m going to just add the last 2 weeks to the end of my 12 week plan…yeah, that’s it…

Have a swell day gals!

Thomasina :7

Sorry ladies - Drive by post today! I did part of Steve Cotter's Extreme Kettlebells. Not exactly what I was expecting, but I think I will get a lot of use out of this one. It's 4 DVD - 2 are heavy lifting (Upper and Lower body), 1 is a core DVD - 5 different core workouts, and 1 is more cardio. It's very basic - Steve and the bell - no music or anything. But what gets me is that he has incredibly long arms and short legs - so he looks kind of like a monkey. Whenever I pause to take a breath (even the cardio is not too cardio, if you know what I mean), I have to chuckle. He's nice enough, though, so I feel bad thinking that. I did one cardio session of this, then did AOS Firepower - 2x through with short rests. Oh my. That punished me for my not-so-nice thoughts earlier! I plan to include the heavier bells in my rotation at least once a week.

Edited to add that I WILL not laugh at Steve again - I found this video on You Tube and I'm in awe - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcvHaRaqJNo That last move would absolutely kill me.

Jackie...funny you should ask about NROL. No, it does not intrigue me at all....:)...Good job with the iTread and stretching.

Posh...glad to hear you are getting over the crud! It sure seems to be a bad strain going around.

Christine...LOL about Steve looking like a monkey! I watched the you tube...OMG...my knees were just screaming watching him jump off and on that table with one leg...Holy Moly...

Finished PLB standing and used my Nordic for the circuit. I did not do the leg presses but did add leg extensions and leg curls. Off to shower and ice...:)

I'm back.

I did TB+ and A/C+. I was supposed to do Upper+ but somehow decided TB made more sense. Now that I'm looking at my week, I'm regretting that decision. ACK! Oh well. It was a good work out nonetheless and I'll deal with the rest of my week somehow...:p

Judy: Hackensack is pretty far north of me but not really sure where. I know that doesn't help in the least but I am terrible with geography! LOL

Carole: Yup, got in A/C+ today but i still have to do it one more time this week!:eek: So did you enjoy your circuit work out today? You will save alot of money over the years if things other people buy continue to not intrigue you. ;)I am ofcourse referring to your response to Jackie about NROL. :)

Jackie: I know they supposedly sell a $20.00 version of the PP but I've never seen it stores personally. For $20 I may just cave. LOL Yes, kettlebells are on my wishlist for certain!:)

Hi Posh and Christine!:+

Time to hit the showers! BBL!

Jackie :: the house pics are lovely...can't wait to see it when it's all done. I'm an airport people-watcher, too.

Lori :: congrats on your STS purchase. As Shelly mentioned, this DVD set should be compact and easy-to-store.

Shelly :: sounds like you're stoppin' for nothin' over there...rock on!

Wendy :: just checkin' to see if the distance changed...it was a race I'd considered some years ago but the date wasn't good.

Judy :: did you catch my question about DS's surgery?

Posh :: you really were hit hard with a nasty bug, huh? Glad you've been resting. How's the new job?

Carole :: yeah, I'm not really sure I've got the snatches down, either. I thought the same when that guy was jumping on the table like that. Nuts!

Christine :: OMG...loved the music in that video. Reminded me a little of Borat. But holy cow! Is that guy INSANE??? :) How in heck did he go from a squat up on the table?? I'm in awe.

I think I got everybody??...this is one of the few times I posted without working in another window in Word. I am not sure what tonight's game plan is. I'm feelin' the lack of sleep, that's for sure. I can either work out or do NB work for a bit, but probably not both...either way, the time is up for dilly-dallying.

Have a gn!

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

hello ladies,

fly by post from me to report my workout today i did istrength legs and abs followed by 3 rounds of 20 KB swings!!

have a great night chicas:)

Cathy: Well Shelly and I are hoping to be able to run the Sheehan so if you are interested and can make it, you should have company and ofcourse, we'd love to have you there! :)

Sunny: Okay, you just scare me! LOL I don't even want to know what kettlebell swings are and how heavy the bell was that you were swinging SIXTY times!?!? :eek: }( :eek: :p

So the insane work out guru in me is actually thinking of doing the legs portion of legs and back (yes, I'm addicted now!LOL) tonight at some point. I know I know...after the way last night turned out perhaps I shouldn't even try BUT it would make the rest of my rotation this week soooo much smoother if I got the extra leg work out of the way. Yes, I could just nix it this week but the anal side of me will not allow that to happen too easily!:7 So now are y'all gonna take bets as to weather or not I actually DO THIS!? LOL I'm thinkin' of doing it while Joey is still awake. Something I never do unless DH is home but I think it just might work. We'll see what happens....:)

BBL to let you know!

YAY! I didn't think about it too much. I just DID IT! L&B (minus the B part, LOL) is DONE! I did it while DS was still awake. It was OKAY but kinda more trouble then it was worth, having to worry about him, etc. Ofcourse, had I waited until bedtime it may not have happened at all...

Good Evening-

Cathy- I am sorry I missed your question about DS20 and surgery. He had (4)loose bone fragments in his elbow that caused his elbow to lock up. They were removed via arthroscopic procedure in the OR . We do not know if it is from an old hockey injury (he played for over 10 years too) or if it is a congenital condition. Thank you for asking :)

Wendi & Wendy- I hope you both get to Las Vegas for next years bowling nationals! ( even if just to party!)

Wendy- did you do another WO this evening?

Thomassina- How did you first WO after being sick feel?

HI Sunny!

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

http://img109.mytextgraphics.com/myrainbowtext/2008/01/24/c07d67f3a8d2bfed065f377ce1494b6c.gif

Hiya ladies!

As I had thought last night, I ended up doing BM2 combos, skipped the power circuits, and did the UB and core work this morning. The foot is *okay* but I wasn't sure so I kept the step height low at 6" for now. I've discovered rather quickly :( that I can't NOT do cardio. I need the stress relief and the number on the scale and my clothes both are telling me that cardio is a MUST. So, I will grin and bear whatever discmfort there may be right now. I just won't go hell-bent for leather ;)...what exactly does that saying mean, anyway LOL?!

Lorie - Glad that you were feeling up to a workout yesterday, even if it wasn't your best it was still something...good job! I'm in the same boat regarding personals lately...just get here when you feel you can.

Cathy - I'm so happy to hear that you're digging your way out of the muck! I hope the rest goes easily for you. What did you decide on tonight?

Lori - Yeah, I finally broke down and ordered STS on Sunday but I'm still not sure if it's for me. I figured I could always cancel my preorder if I changed my mind...don't flame me girls!!!! ITA about how frightening an epidemic obesity is becoming in this country. Now, everyone doesn't need to have 10% body fat but at least *try* to be a healthy. Unfortunately, I can't blame it *all* on the general public...a lot of the blame lies with the manufacturers of all that processed crap on the grocery store shelves that *claims* to be "healthy". Ugh, don't get me started...stepping off my soapbox now, sorry.

Wendy - Yeah, that HM might be pushing it for me, between the driving distance *and* the running distance, as it looks like it's still going to be awhile for me in that department. Thanks soooo much for the invite though...that is too sweet! However, when is that 5 miler? Middletown is definitely a possibility for me. ETA - Great job getting in that leg workout!

Judy - Ouch, that must have been painful for DS! I wish him a speedy recovery. Thanks...I am really looking forward to just having a good time, to hell with the bowling lol! If you don't mind...Hackensack is about 45 minutes south of me down Rt17. Great job on the chin ups with your "rig"! I'm sorry I might have missed that you were travelling...anywhere good?

Shelly - I *still* can't figure out how you keep the schedule you do :eek:! At least the mare stayed on her feet today LOL! Enjoy the run and circuit! Any news on the PA license?

Carole - Great workout today and glad to hear that your knee has been keeping its opinions to itself ;). My knees were screaming with yours watching that video :eek: :eek: :eek: !

Jackie - I think I might cave and try those PPs. Maybe they would take the stress off my wrists and shoulders and focus the work more on my chest. I can't wait to head over to yahoo and check out the pics.

Posh - So glad to hear that you're on the upswing now. Don't worry, you;ll be right back on track in no time!

Christine - Uh, that video...holy @&#$^%$&!!!! Killer workout today girl!

Sunny - Uh, right there with Wendy about those KB swings...I'm askeered of you!

Alrighty, got to go to bed. The time change is still not sitting well with me yet and I keep oversleeping a little. Tomorrow's workout will be ME LB and BC LB. I know, wierd mish mosh, but I needed another endurance type leg day so there it is. Oh yeah, I also have Haymax on the schedule for the next two days...how could I forget :p. G'night Cheetahs!

Wendi: The George Sheehan Classic race in Middletown is in July I think. If not July then June for sure. Not much help, ey? :p Eventually I'll stumble upon it in my search for races and grab the date. Anyway, it would be great if you wanted to come down for that one. :) Sorry about your foot issues compounded with your need for cardio. That really stinks. Please be careful not to injure yourself worse though! *HUGS*

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.