.:.:.:. CHEETAHS .:.:.:. Tuesday: lace 'em up!

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning, everyone! :)

Dallas :: ooh, a massage chair?? That sounds wonderful...ha ha on Lance. I *hope* he is around to meet with our team, but from what I was told, it is too far away to know his schedule or gauge how likely it is. Cute shirt. I've never used anything for races except the pocket that is in my regular running shorts. Will need to do something else for Chicago, though.

Gloria :: busy day today! Hope you get everything done that you need to.

I have a curriculum work day today and plan to go in early and stay a little later to make copies and start doing some things in the classroom. With the weather being as cooperative as it is, I will run and do WP Buns & Thighs this evening.

Have a great Tuesday!

Hello Friends-

Dallas- How did the massage chair feel?

Cathy- It is time for that 'back to school get efficient mode' around here also. Both of my High school kids are doing their summer work assignments every day now.

Christine- I saw a comment you made on a KB thread somewhere about AOS Newport. I have been searching the Kb and nutrition threads lately. Any way, since I trust your opinion, I ordered Newport. Your family gave you a nice Bday celebration!

Gloria- When do you go back to school? We have a wedding in MI later this month. Our nephew is getting married.

Yesterday I had to go to a funeral in the morning and wanted a quick total body workout, so i did HSTA with no cardio, and I used heavy weights. It took 38" not including the WU and stretch.

today is a run and a golf day, but it is a guest event and we will take carts.

I am anxious to get AOS Newport and try it out.

Hi :)Wendy, :)Carole, :)Shelly, :)Jackie, :)Wendi, :)Thommassina, and :)karen

Morning Ladies!

Woke up at 4:30A, and finally decided I should get up at 5:30. :rolleyes: I guess I better start getting used to the earlier times anyway. ;) The chair was wonderful. Dh's parents bought it for us. Wasn't that nice!?!?! I definitely needed the butt glue remover to get out of that!:D DD and I watched the Olympics while I enjoyed a nice massage. It even did my calves!! Anyway, back to the Olympics...wow..Michael Phelps and the men's gymnastics team!!! Woo hoo!! They did great considering they lost the Hamm brothers!

Cathy ~ Have a great day at work! Hope it's not too hot later for your run. Did you post RT pictures? I would love to see them. :)

Judy ~ Enjoy your golf event and run! Your foot feeling better?

I'll do the spin bike, upper body and core today.

~BBL to check on the rest of you. :)

Morning Cheetah Babes!

Not awake enough to do personals yet but you know I'm good for 'em. ;)

So I had a STELLAR night at bowling last night. We took 5 points (from the 2nd place team I might add!!!) because of ME! DH bowled like crap mostly. HAH! It's about time. :p I bowled a 129, 131 and 140 on a 106 average! Pretty awesome, wouldn't ya say!? :cool: So the point spread is pretty tight between the teams. We were in 8th out of 12 last night. We have the potential to really climb the ranks depending upon how everyone else does. I'm excited for next week now to see where we end up and how we do. Next week is also a position night which means we will bowl the team who is right above or below us in the ranks. :)

Today's plan is definately hitting the gym for a run. I had also thought about grabbing a leg work out before DS got up (B&G leg blast premix-OUCH!) but he was up BEFORE me this morning. Not the way I like my mornings to work. :p Perhaps I will do some leg work at the gym before hitting the tm or I may just save it for nap time. It's totally a play it by ear work out now so I'll see what I feel like doing.

Okay, that's my short story for this morning, LOL. I'm gonna go wake up while I'll peruse the rest of the forums and then I'll come back for personals. :D

ETA: Having the smiley limit lifted is AWESOME!!!!!!:D:):D:)

Last edited:
Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...sending GPA vibes to you...:D...Find out anything about Caylee? Fun chatting yesterday! So when does school start for you? Glad the weather is cooperating for you. Enjoy the run and WP workout.

Wendy...lol, I have never been over my Omega 6 limit!! Way to go bowling last night..:)

Judy...Have fun golfing today.

Dallas...Cool about the massage chair!! Hopefully the achy knees is just because of the distance and your body not being used to it. They should feel better soon. Thanks re my wt...feels good to have the scale moving the other direction finally. You are welcome for the email. I completely believe the phrase on that t-shirt. I have never heard of Nuun tablets? I enjoyed the swimming and gymnastics too last night!

Gloria...yes, I do think I will run another marathon again...:D

Wel SNM did answer my potassium question..:)...and I got a nice 3.85 GPA yesterday!! I might need some Potassium supplements though...

Today is Legwork and IntervalX+.

Have a great day...:)

Good Morning Cheetahs!

Cathy – You cannot flunk with B’s… I just cannot get enough Omega 6 now. Oh well. And yes, I can see subbing food for fun! Food IS fun! :p And it’s just TOO COOL that we might get to meet Lance. Please punch me if I stand there with my mouth hanging open like a fool. :D Enjoy your run!

Karen – it’s nice to be back to normal, isn’t it? DH isn’t into birthday’s, really, so I got flowers and a home cooked meal (and a wonderful champagne waiting for me when I arrived), so I was happy. DD15 got me a new helmet for my bike. :D Glad to hear your dad’s surgery went well. Unfortunately, you cannot make dad quit. That has to be soo hard though. I do know how hard it is to quit, but it is doable. I’ll keep y’all in my prayers.

Carole – I’ve cut out my vitamins, too. Figure I don’t need them, and so far I have not had cramping issues (I always had to take a calcium/magnesium supplement for that, but I make sure I get enough of both of those). Who’d of guessed? I do like this software for that. Enjoy your GS! Great job on the weight loss! And great job on the 3.85 yesterday!!

Wendy – too funny about the walnuts and O3’s and 6’s. Can’t win for losing can ya? Great job at bowling!!! YAY!

Hi Dallas! Glad to hear your legs feel good! Hope your knees stay happy! Oh I enjoy The Zoot Challenge. It’s a good one! :p Love the t-shirt! Running IS cheaper than therapy, and more effective I think. I’ve been enjoying watching Michael Phelps – he can SWIM!!!

Gloria – Glad to hear Pip is doing well!

Judy – I do like Newport. It’s the toughest of the three, but it’s a great overall workout. It mixes kettlebells with body weight exercises. I really like it. Have fun! Have fun at the golf event!

Oh, I am sore from TB +. Feels good because I have not lifted in a week. Today will be a steady state Spinervals. DH made his pasta – YUM! And DD15 did not go to her BF’s house, so it was a nice night. Actually, it was a nice day! Thanks for all of the good wishes! I really appreciate it. Have a great day all!

Okay I'm back and with a new work out plan. I'm going to hang out this morning, possibly go to the park and do some food shopping. Then this afternoon I will do a leg work out at nap time and in the evening I will run. I can either hit the road after 4pm when DH gets home or hit the gym. I want to hit the road so long as the weather cooperates. I did not get to do my outdoor run over the weekend so that would be perfect. :)

Time for personals....

Dallas: A massage chair? NICE! I would have watched ANYTHING if I could sit in that chair! LOL I've been watching some of the olympics myself. The talent is AMAZING! I like gymnastics alot and ofcourse, I want to watch the marathon!:) GBG is Great Body Guaranteed by Beach Body, btw.

Judy: Can't wait to hear what you think of Newport. I don't have it yet but you know it's on my wish list!:D

Cathy: So is the windsor pilates a recent purchase or something in your collection that you've rediscovered and dusted off? So when is your next long run? Is it 18 miles? So there were no lemons on the menu last night at bowling! LOL But there was lime! 2 Coronas and I was bowling like a champ! I had a drink Sunday evening before going to bed. We happened to have some Sprite in the house so I made a drink using the vodka Ang bought us. Have you tried it yet? It makes an awesome mixed drink. YUM!
That is so awesome that Lance is running Chicago. Would be great if you got to meet him! Ya know, I still feel so bad that I can't be there to support you. If it weren't for this 18 miler that I had committed to you KNOW I'd make it happen, right? Perhaps you will love the marathon distance so much that you will want to run with me (and Shelly if she's still able to join me) when I do mine in the spring! ;) I still think about the fact that you drove so far just to see me FINISH my first half. It gives me such warm fuzzies. I could never thank you enough for the support that day! (((HUGS)))

Carole: Holy cow, great GPA y'day and high fives for the continued weight loss! I am not having such good luck. My weight dropped after the first 2 days using the nutrition program but it went right back up. Funny thing is, as I was just telling DH, I'm 2-3 pounds heavier which is usually enough for me to see a difference in the mirror but this time I don't see it. I still feel and look just as I did a few pounds ago. Perhaps the weight is muscle then??? Thing of it is thought that I am not eating to gain. I am eating to lose. Wierd. Oh well-if I don't look in the mirror and get mad, I won't worry about it. My GPA was low y'day. It was in the high 2's I think. That usually signals the need for a food shopping trip! LOL Ofcourse, I also got a B in cals for being 4 calories over. That's crazy. They should give you a little leeway there, don't you think? :confused: So to answer your question from yesterday-yes I took RT pics but I actually have to get them developed and get a disc made so that I can put them on my computer and post them for you to see. Don't ask! LOL

Gloria: You are so nice and relaxed about your work outs. You must have a little bit of ZEN in you like Cathy does. :) Good for you. I am not that easy going when it comes to unscheduled rest days. :( Now if I could only be as serious about HOUSEWORK as I am about working out! LOL

Karen: I'm keeping your father in my thoughts and prayers. Smokers can be tough ol' birds. They can be really stubborn about quitting-I know, I used to smoke! I hope it all works out. (((HUGS)))

Phew, okay, I think I'm caught up! BBL!

Christine...I don't get enough of Omega 6 either. I did get a "B" yesterday though. I might look into a supplement. Thanks re my weight loss and GPA...:)..Glad DH made you the pasta last night. Have fun with Spinervals...

Christine, We were posting at the same time! Glad you had such a nice day yesterday with the family. :) Yeah, the nutrtion program is driving me a little batty lately! AAAHHH! LOL

Wendy...I think I might have more weight to loose than you, so your weight loss might be slower...:)...I think we should have a bit of leeway too, I got a "B" in carbs as I was 2 grams low!! :eek:...Sometimes a couple of pounds could be just water or yes muscle. If it does not bother you don't worry about it! I am fairly anal right now about keeping my GPA up in the 3's. Well then, I will wait for your RT pics...:)

Good morning Cheetahs. Today I got in a 4 mile treadmill run. It's no beach or boardwalk but it will do I suppose. Man time stands still on the treadmill. When you run near the beach you could go on and on. I miss the ocean.

Enough crying. Dad is on his way home. Thanks to all of you for your prayers. He is a trooper. I worry so much less about him then my mom. He is just tough so he makes you feel as if everything is fine. I love that about him.

Nutrition: Ok. I'm on the potassium band wagon too. I can't get enough. Another thing for me is E. Why the heck is that. Both days I got an F. I'll see today. I'm sure my multi vitamin covers it but I want to get it from my food for once instead of assuming the vitamin will cover it.

Get this. The other day. I don't know which of the two. One of my suggestion to raise either naicin or somthing else was COOKIE CRISP. What!!!!!!!!! Maybe there is something else named cookie crisp that I don't know of but I thought What an odd suggestion. I swear.

Cathy- Have fun in shcool today. When do you start back? I'm sure you have a lot of copies to make so enjoy your friend Xerox.

Judy- Enjoy golfing today. The weather here has been perfect for golf. Low 80's low humidity. It feels close to fall.

Dallas- i was glued to the TV last night. Not in a massage chair mind you but none the less glued to the sofa. Phelps is amazing.

Wendy- Hope you can get that run in outside today. It is so hard for me to get out on the roads but I do enjoy it when I can. Way to go on the bowling last night. You did great. Do you get anything for winning the thing as a team?

Carole- i saw the question you posted on potassium. I was hoping they would answer it. Mine has been low as well. Then I fight a few minerals every other day. One day it was magnesium one was niacin. Like I said I have an F for two days on E.

Christine- Sounds like a good birthday. I love flowers and champage. I bet you love that bike helmet. It sounds like your family treated you well. I'm all caught up on the reality of being home again. Laundry has been done and food ( good food) is back in the house. Mom and I and the girls went up to the Sale Barn( local farmers market) they have on Monday night down the road from us. I got tons of vegetable from the amish. I swear a huge bag and it was only $3.

Off to eat and begin my nutrition calculations. I love this thing.

Good morning Cheetahs! :)

Christine - Glad you had a safe trip back home! 18 hours of travel with 2 teens is a lot for one mom to endure. :D Jimmy seems to have made everything worth it. Happy Belated Birthday! Hope you had a wonderful day! Yay for the DOMS! Enjoy your Spinervals workout!

Dallas - Congratulations on completing your first half!! Yippee!! What a great time too! How are the legs feeling today? Enjoy that new massage chair. Saw a piece on the news yesterday how running helps you to live longer. Glad to hear another confirmation of how good running is.

Cathy - Sorry for yesterday's insomnia. Hope last night was better. That's great that Lance will be running Chicago. Wish I could come up with the extra $$$ to attend but it's not going to pan out for me this year. You're getting closer to mentioning that "S" word. This is the first year for uniforms for the kids here. They sure hate it but they look so darn cute.

Lorie - What a shame work thinks they need to block websites from us. Do they think we'll be on the forum all day or something? ;) Glad you had fun on the RT. Hope that cold doesn't settle in.

Judy - Sorry about the PF. Hope it's better soon. Enjoy your run and golf today.

Wendy - You back on track yet? Couldn't resist IMAX 3, huh? Hope you find time to sneak it in somewhere. Congratulations on that great bowling last night! Will keep my fingers crossed that you move up. Great job girl!

Karen - How's your dad? Lot going on for the family right now. ((((HUGS)))) Hope the knee continues to improve. Will continue to keep you in prayer.

Carole - I haven't been able to stay up and watch all of the swimming. I end up taping it. Just saw the men's relay swim yesterday. It was awesome. So glad they put the French in their place. :D IA about the women gymnastic team. Wouldn't it be nice if Tony would do one good total body weight workout? Congratulations on the 3.5 pounds gone! Good job on the GPA! Enjoy your workout!

Gloria - Sorry you had to miss your workout yesterday. Sure you will make it up somewhere. Hope Pip's vet visit goes well.

Yesterday's workout was Barry's Boot Camp Arms & Abs Cardio & Weights. Feeling the core today. Not a lot of core work in this one but you sure feel it the next day. Today was BBC Butt & Legs Treadmill & Weights.

Gotta get to work. Enjoy your day! :D

Well I just worked on today's menu in the nutrtion program for quite some time and was able to create a 3.75ish plan for myself. :) I DEFINATELY have to go food shopping now if I hope to pull this off! LOL

BBL!

ETA: Ooh, I just played around some more and pushed the GPA up to 3.81! Carole, here I come!;) I'll bet I have a hard time eating all of this food though! LOL

Last edited:
Jackie- Thanks for the hugs for mom and dad. It sounds like you got a lot of workout on your plate today.

Wendy- Just got finished mine nutrition too. I only got a 3.51. I did get in Vit- E today and got an A on it. I got some sunflower seeds yesterday and that seemed to do the trick for a snack for later. It does seem like I have to eat a lot of food. Now during that time of the month this would not be a problem but for right now I'm not as hungry. I say that now but ask me at 7 o'clock tonight. I have no clue what happens to me then but I seem to be able to eat a ton.

Wendy – That is why I plan my entire week on the meal planner, then go shopping – they even provide a grocery list – so I copy that to my list and get everything I need. It’s a pain, and takes some time, but it’s worth it. I can mix and match if needed.

Carole – yeah, I get B’s consistently. I get enough when I have eggs for breakfast, but I don’t like to do that every day. Oh well… I get B’s in carbs from time to time, too – I worry less about over all carbs, and more about fiber. That I get enough of!

Karen – Good job on the TM. I’m with you – it’s a struggle to get miles in on the TM. I’d much rather run outside. The birthday was a very nice one, thank you! Oh, I love the Amish markets. I do miss them from when I lived there.

Jackie – thank you for the birthday wishes! YES BBC Arms & Abs can be killer. It’s a fun one tough.

I ended up doing Rock Steady Step and the KB/Abs circuit that Cathy did the other day. That was a fun combo. I rode bike all last week. I wanted to do something different today. :D Have a great day all!

Hola, cheetahs! :)

Judy :: hope you enjoyed your run & golf. Ooh, Newport's a good choice--tough!

Dallas :: I only took two pics and posted one on Friday's thread. It's warm but no humidity, so I'll enjoy getting out there a little later this evening. VERY nice gift from your ILs!

Wendy :: Great job last night!...Winsor B&T is technically not new. I bought it some time ago along with a WP abs workout, but for whatever reason, this one was still in the packaging. Tried it out last month for the first time and have incorporated it into the current rotation for the last few weeks. Oh guess what? Imax2 is out of stock, but they'll send it to me whenever it comes in...My next long run is a "short" one this weekend -- probably 10-12. The following weekend is 17-18... Once the CA cheetahs came on board for Chicago, I thought you'd want to come and RUN it...I doubt very highly I will run another, but you know I'd gladly come & support you when you run yours...I have not tried the "mouthwash." :) No toxins of that nature til after Chicago.

Carole ::Thanks for the GPA vibes. Today I'm getting a 3.65, which is where I usually average. There's a limit to how clean I can go happily! Haven't weighed myself since Saturday, though, so I should brave the scales. Saw that SNM answered your question. Interesting...Have the TV on in the background but haven't heard any updates re: the case. I know they are testing AIR from the car for signs of decomp...Yeah, it was great chatting. Is it possible for several of us to chat at once on there?

Christine :: No, I know I'm not flunking--was just makin' a funny. :) I do get almost all A's but that dang potassium and sodium bring down my GPA! *lol* May have to take Carole's lead on the supplement. I like the idea of pairing that kettlebell swing workout with something else.

Karen :: I start the day after Labor Day but will be prepping for opening from here on out. We continued to work on curriculum writing today, so the copying was quite light. It was more brain-fryin' stuff. :) Had to laugh about the Cookie Crisp. Now how come *I* never get suggestions like that??? Glad your dad is doing well.

Jackie :: I passed out early last night. Missed Greta. I think uniforms are a GREAT idea...dress code enforcement is one of the least favorite aspects of my job!...So, did you spring for the new BBC's or no?

B&G Leg Blast Premix followed by a 3 mile outdoor run is done. Talk about leg-torture-max OMG! LOL Glad it's over with so I can look forward to limping around tomorrow. HA HA!

BBL for personals!

Hiya ladies!!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, so good to be home!!!!

Okay, so I only have a second to poke my head in right now. Glad to see our RTers are safe and sound:D. I will catch up as soon as I can....wow, I feel sooooooo out of the loop:(. Gotta go check out hotels for *another* horse show for next weekend. Dear God, will it ever end????....NOPE!!!! Enough ranting. If I don't get back here tonight I'll try my darndest to get here in the morning. Nighty night ladies!

Did like the thread title: laced 'em up & enjoyed a solid 5K followed by WP. I truly underestimated pilates. Man, is that one painful. In a good way, of course. :)

Happy to say I managed a C in potassium today. (The rest were A's, 3 B's, 2 C's, and that nagging D in sodium.) Would love to hear any potassium tips/super foods of the other software users.

All right, I'm just in time here for Nancy Grace.

Have a great night!

Cathy: I found this on the web. Hope it helps.

What foods are high in potassium?
Aside from the aforementioned cantaloupe, potassium rich foods include:
Bananas
Oranges
Apricots
Avocado
Strawberries
Potatoes
Tomatoes
Cucumber
Cabbage
Cauliflower
Chard
Bell pepper
Eggplant
Squash
Crimini mushrooms
Brussels sprouts
Turmeric
Parsley
Spinach
Broccoli
Tuna
Halibut

I am managing a 3.92 GPA for today. My ONLY non-A is a stinkin' C in guess what...yep, that's right! POTASSIUM! LOL I'm just about 1000 mg's too low and I have no more calories to spare. I purchased a supplement but there are only 99 mgs in each tablet and I already took one today. I can't see taking 10 more to make the grade! YIKES!

Oh, btw, when I was looking at suggestions for what to eat to better my grades I saw that instant breakfast is supposed to be high in potassium. I am going to check it out the next time I am at the food store and see what the deal is. I used to drink them all of the time growing up! They are like fortified chocolate milk! I could deal! :)

Good luck! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.