CHEETAHS...tuesday, fit and strong!

lederr

Cathlete
well, as you can see, i am up WAY too early! grrrr. i woke up around 0120 and tried to fall back asleep but couldn't. i didn't think that lying in bed trying to fall asleep and stressing over not being able to was gona help, so here i am! :D

so, yesterday, i has minimal hip pain but pretty significant piriformis pain. after being SO ecxcited about being pain-free during my run and after, i was a leetle discouraged. i massaged my piriformis with the massager (tried to get in really deep) and was actuallly wincing. the dogs were looking at me like, mom, if it's hurting why don't you just stop?!

anyway, i called my friend that is the orthopedic surgeon and he actually said to run on it this morning, see if the pain comes after the run or later, then call him and come to his office (he is actually in surgery today but has a very light day and will come to the office to see me). he said he wants to do a comprehensive to rule out anything it could be (bone, tendon, ligament, etc.) and decide what to do, he did say that i am obviously getting better because last run it hurt terribly during (i know, i should have stopped) and then, i had a hard time walking for two days. nothing like that this time. just a bit of pain in the hip joint and a lot of pain in the piriformis (which is harder to treat but he said he could write for PT/massage). i am just afraid to get a cortisone shot becasue i heard the needle is big and it HURTS! anyway, i am glad i am going to get it checked out. he definitely said to do a steady state run, so no grace again. i get so bored without her. i used to do it all the time, now it's like TORTURE! he also wants me to run the same distance (6-ish, unless it hurts, of course).

some personals to catch up on (i'm going to copy cathy and do the bold for the names since i jsut learned how):

[b[carole[/b]-yeah, i was surprised at the size of the crock pot, but at 12 dollars how can you beat it??? the 5 quart one was twenty. i can smell it right now (all the way upstairs) and it smells delish! potato mushroom soup...yum.

wendi-i sent the pics to the yahoo group. i can't figure out how to send you the link to the whole album, so i will PM you. love your siggy!

jackie-yes, i am really liking my crock pot. mostly because i really hate to cook every day (and RARELY do) and this way, i can make one thing for the week and just change it up a little by adding this or that. last week was black bean soup. sometimes with brown rice, sometimes with a sweet potato, sometimes with spinach. yum! i especially love my oatmeal every morning.

wendy-i had suggested that we should all get shirts with our cheetah names on the front and our real names on the back (but that would only be if we are running becasue it's so fun to hear your name called out along the way). if we don't run, we could get our cheetah names on the back and something cool on the front and have them look more like baseball jerseys. so, who's creative? i really hope we can meet for the run..it sounds so fun.

okay, now it's 0317. doesn't look like i am going to go back to sleep. maybe i'll read for a bit. last time i was up early, i ended up shopping online and bought a HRM, new bands, and a new mat for downstairs. soent way too much moola! i got my HRM from HRM USA and i already got notice that it was sent out yesterday and will be here today!!! i got my bands and mat from yogadirect.

poshbtw-love get tuit cheetah! LOL...posh is much better!

i am really itching for that yoga for happiness. make the madness stop!!!

i will check in later if i haven't passed out!

;-)

Good morning Cheetahs!

I only have time for a quickie right now. I've got to get crackin on my workout because I have to drop my car off for service first thing this morning then I have SO all to myself for the day...YAY! I have no idea what we're going to do yet but we'll figure it out. I'm doing KPC this morning. Maybe, just maybe, I'll do something tonight, too.

Wendy - Yeah, good idea about about a workout-a-thon first LOL!

Lorie - Oh, honey, I hope you got back to sleep. I'm sorry to hear that your piriformis is yelling at you. Interesting that you were told to run on it anyway...hmmm. I hope your friend can get to the bottom (no pun intended ;)) of the pain. Thanks with regards to my siggy. When I saw "Disney Script" I just had to have it. I'm a Disney-holic!

Goota scoot! See you guys tonight. Have a Cheetastic day!

Good morning, cheetahs!

Christine :: ahhh, a walk on the beach sounds like nirvana…I hope we can arrange a GTG *somewhere* in ’08! Glad Dad is doing so well.

Yo Posh :: sorry to hear about the bug that sidelined you…WTG bouncing right back…looking forward to seeing a photo of your younger self. I do have one of myself in 7th grade on my class website – just to give my students a chuckle. BTW, nice try, but there *was* no enabling technique this time around – I merely reported that I’d bought those DVDs. :7 :7 :7 It dudn't take much to twist our elbows, ay?

Lorie :: nice score on the crock pot!…the 2nd time using the neti pot wasn’t too bad…We did make up shirts last year (wicking tees that you could work out in), but I would be up for another one (maybe a tank?) this year. Baseball shirts sound cute, too...I saw Thomasina mention her DD is a designer…or maybe someone else wants to put together a design for us?…Great pics of Rob & your buddy…they are both lookers…you make a striking pair!…sorry for the insomnia…*lol* about your middle-of-the-night sprees. :7 Love the thread title.

Carole :: It is amazing how just a few pull-ups/chinups (assisted!) can leave you sore the next day. I guess I am weak. *lol*

Wendi :: you absolutely never need to apologize re: personals…it’s like you (and everyone) said to me, do what you can…and if it’s just a post to let us know what you’re up to, we still want to hear from you!!…It’s funny, after my class a couple Saturdays ago, I was thinking I needed to cut back on forum time, but for the moment, it seems I am keeping up with personals and managing my workload OK…But it’s good to know that when any of us need to drop back a bit, no one minds – really!…Sorry to hear you’ve got another painful lump in your elbow…IA, please get it checked out. Thinking of you & sending more positive vibes…*lol* about your furry footwarmer! Cute siggy. :) Enjoy your day today.

Jackie :: I did enjoy the day…it brings a sense of relief to get a lot done…Glad you enjoyed your day on the sofa. Need those sometimes…love, love, LOVE your siggy – chic and elegant, just like you.

Wendy :: nice yoga session last night…I’ll tell you what – the 1st time I skied, I was out of shape. I started working out on 1/1/06 in anticipation of my 1st ski trip, which was 3 weeks later. I knew I was going to be in trouble for letting myself fall out of shape. I mean, I looked pretty much like I did in the “before” pic from the other day. So, you can imagine, it was hard as HELL. I fell *a lot* and did not have the u/b strength to keep picking up my own weight. A day on the bunny hill absolutely exhausted me, and yet, I still found it fun and a challenge I wanted to conquer. That experience gave me even greater motivation to get back into shape. Because I knew that if I were fit and athletic the way I had been for most of my life, I would have had a *much* easier time learning...Therefore, I think if someone in my condition could be hooked after the 1st try, it's likely that an already-fit person would be, too. It really is fun.

I think that catches me up.

This afternoon will be an u/b workout (TBD) followed by a late dinner with my BFF (It sounds so middle school, but I'm writing that so no one gets confused and thinks I mean boyfriend.) She is 7 weeks pregnant and has been on edge lately, so I hope she's feelin' good and is in a good mood tonight! :7

Have a GREAT day! I'm lovin' the 4-day workweek concept. BBL, I hope.

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img17.glitterfy.com/18/glitterfy183635T533D31.gif

Misery has enough company. Dare to be happy. ~ VW ad

Good morning cheetahs,

lorie- i hope you are able to fit in your yoga before passing out...;-)

cathy- i too could get used to having a 4 day work week. enjoy your UB workout and dinner with BFF:7

wendi- i just luv the new siggie!

today i am doing itrain 30 min sprints. i think #19.

never got to do my add-on cardio yesterday. i knew i should have gotten up early to get it done before the troops woke up. once my day got under way there was just never a good time. in addtion to all of the sick folks MIL was visiting this weekend. she had to go to the dentist yesterday and had 6 teeth pulled (YIKES) so i was helping her yesterday also.

ttyl...:)

wendi-he said i should try and run to try and see if the pain is more impact or soemthing else. he really stressed listening to my bdy and if there is pain (there wasn't any when i ran before, only after). as for being a disney-holic...i totally am!!! i even own the disney vacation club. that's another race we could all do (although, no tiffany, *snoff sniff*). when i did the marathon, i got a totally cool medal that was a giant mickey head and the halfers got a donald head. i would go for the donald head this time. only thing about that run is, it's really flat and gonig through the parks that early is super-super cool, but there is a lot of running on the service roads and they are pretty empty. still, with the cheetahs along, it surely wouldn't be boring!!!

cathy-what?! i missed out on the first ever cheetah shirt?! *sniff* ;-) it doesn't really matter what we do as far as shirts, i just think it would be cool to have them. like i said, i am NO designer. i am glad you are getting used to the neti pot. i predict after a while you will love it!!! it does seem kind of hippy-ish, hokey, but it really works! i hope you enjoy dinner and i don't think BFF is middle school...well, maybe, but i like being a kid sometimes. too many times we need to "man-up" and be adults!

i decided to call in for today. i am not sure what time my friend can see me and i don't know how long it will take. also, i am sure i am going to crash at some point. i woke up when a lot of people are going to bed!!! i just had my pepsi max (i have one a day) and i am feeling pretty energized. of course, still haven't worked out yet, but haven't done any online shopping, either. i did try to go back to sleep, but it just wasn't happening. my body must be telling me i don't need it because i even toolk a small dose of something that usually makes me sleepy (my doc gave it to me when i get terrible insomnia). oh, well.

ETA: sunny-we must have been posting at the same time. i WISH i was doing yoga but i am doing a run today to see how it feels so i can tell the doc specifically what's going on. he also thought it was promising that it didn;t hurt until the next day as opposed to the last time when it was KILLING during my run. i WILL stop if it hurts, but it didn't hurt sunday until the next day.

Sunny :: enjoy today's workout!

Lorie :: you did, but that's OK...if folks are game, we'll plan another. Enjoy the day today! A three-day week is even better! *lol*...PS ~ I invited you to play Scrabulous on Facebook!! ETA: I saw on another board "BFF" means Best Female Friend, but I always just think "Best Friends Forever" 'cuz that's what it was when I was growing up. :)

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img17.glitterfy.com/18/glitterfy183635T533D31.gif

Misery has enough company. Dare to be happy. ~ VW ad

cathy-i haven't gotten on since i joined. i guess i will have to go log on. of course, can't get in to it at school!

HI Cheetahs :0

I'll jump right into notes:

Lorie- I am sorry about the insomnia. It would be a very long day if you worked. Keep us posted on how your run and Dr. visit played out.

Sunny- You had such a busy day too! Is MIL OK recovering OK?

Cathy- I think it is cool that you are a Face book user. My kids are all big users, as are most kids. I think they would be mortally embarrassed if I had a Face book page! ( not that I am not tempted!)

Shoot, I just saw the clock. GTG help DS get out the door with a breakfast and lunch.

BBL
[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Good Morning Cheetah Babes!

I am going to do one body part per day this week. Something different. I don't know that I've ever actually lifted that way before!:eek:

Here's what I've come up with:

T: S&H Back , Kenpo Cardio+ (which I am previewing as we speak!)
W: S&H Chest/Plank work
R: S&H Legs , Run
F: S&H Shoulders , Abs/Core+
S: S&H Tri's , Cardio of choice
S: S&H Bi's/Abs
M: Yoga/Rest day

I may switch around the order of the body parts depending on DOMS issues and such but you get the idea. ;)

Lorie: Great idea for the shirts! I'm game either way! :) Sorry you were up so early this morning. I can relate. I am no stranger to insomnia. x(

Wendi: Enjoy the day with your honey!}(

Cathy: I sure hope your BF is in good spirits tonight. You can't even feed her drinks to cheer her up!:p Thanks re the skiing. I think I'll like it. I just can't allow myself to get totally frustrated if I am having trouble with something.

Sunny: Sorry you couldn't get your full intended work out in. I hope you get a good one in today. 6 teeth pulled? YIKES! Your poor MIL. So did your DH feel good enough for date night over the weekend??

Judy: Hope to see you back here later today!

Ok back again...

Christine- you Dad's pad is just beautiful with the view and the whole set up! I am glad you are enjoying yourself.

Wendy- What is long and lean BOSU? Is it a DVD specifically for BOSU that incorporates stretching???? Inquiring BOSU owners NEED to know!

Wendi- I wish the Florida weather was here too! Enjoy your day with SO!

Carole- Did you gt in your run before the snow or was y'day an EXT day? Thanks for mentioning the crock pot. Perhaps I will use it today!

Thomassina- I have not idea what to pick for a Cheetah name. We'll need to think on it. My friends at golf in Florida were funny with their comments. One lady said she could 'bounce quarters' off my muscles. But she thought I was so little with a baseball cap and pony tail that I looked like a teenager (she obviously didn't see my eye wrinkles under my sun glasses)

Hi Shelly!

Well friends. I did not do a 'Super Shelly' workout. As I feared, the day got away form me. DS's team ended up playing a championship game (DS set up both of the team goals! He played a great game but they lost in a shoot out after double overtime ) Any way that ate up about 3 1/2 hours. I to prepare dinner before heading out to the game instead of getting in that run. Other wise we would have been eating dinner at 9:30. (To late for a weeknight) I'll just do the run today along with S&H shoulders.

S&H C&B went well y'day. I really went heavy to start on chest and then later decreased on the incline work. I am committing to 3 weeks of S&H and then a recovery week. You heard it here. Feel free to keep me honest!

TaTa!

[font color=red]edit[/font]: Wendy you posted while I was writing. I like your workout schedule for the week!

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Hey Judy.

Yes, BOSU long and lean is a yoga based work out on the bosu. It's about 30 minutes long. I like it. For me it doesn't satisfy the STRETCHING part of yoga as well as a regular yoga session because the BOSU is still quite challenging for me to work with but I think it's a great program. I added some of Yoga X to it y'day to help get in some extra stretching afterwards. :)

Good Morning Lovely Cheetahs!

What the devil was I thinking when I thought I could go to the beach and lose weight. I’m doing really well with meals, but dad is very social and people are constantly stopping by with wine and goodies. I’m attempting to get back on track tonight – then tomorrow my sister comes in. She likes her wine, too. Oy… Today is Hi/Lo Extreme and core work. I might try to get Yoga for Happiness in there as well or another walk on the beach – or both! :p

Lorie – I’m so sorry that sleep has eluded you today! And I’m really sorry about the piriformis pain! Dogs are funny, aren’t they – did they come over and nose you to make you stop? Jimmy does that. Nice of your friend to be so available to you! Enjoy your day off, though – hope you don’t crash!

Wendi – Enjoy your day off today and your time with SO!

Cathy – I would love to do a GTG with y’all. If it’s in SF – I’m there for the Nike Half. Have fun with your BFF! 7 weeks is such a tough time – hopefully she doesn’t fall asleep on you. :p

Sunny – I know what you mean about getting up early enough to get in your workout – but sometimes it’s soo nice to sleep in. Hope your MIL is feeling better after her teeth pulling.

Judy – Thanks! I’m so glad dad is getting better. I am his “slave” as he jokingly calls me – I do a lot for him, but that’s what I’m here for. He’s done so much for me that this is the least I can do. Sorry you were not able to get in your Super Shelly workout. Enjoy your workout today.

Wendy – Enjoy your new rotation. How are you enjoy S&H now that you’ve had a chance to do it all? I don’t remember reading your thoughts on S&H Legs. How’d you like it?

Well, Dad’s up, so I have to go help him. Enjoy your day everyone!

Edited to add - DARN - can't have it all! I guess the wagging doggie goes... Bummer...

Good morning cheetahs

Lorie...the one time I had severe piriformis pain, a massage did the trick. My massage therapist really got into the area and it hurt like hell but after that it went away. I answered your cortisone post on the OF. The soup was yummy!

Cathy...chin-ups always get me sore the next day too, probably because I do them so infrequently. Enjoy your upper body workout and dinner with your newly pregnant friend.

Wendi...I was getting very discouraged, and tired of all the pain. These exercises take some time but the benefit is so worth it. Thanks, the Packers just didn't play well enough to beat the Giants, and it was a good game. You don't have to apologize about football watching..:)...not every woman likes it. I have always thought I was just weird...:)..Good job with Bosu HSTA. Like your new siggy.

Sunny...Yeow! 6 teeth pulled! I hope your MIL is not too sore today. Enjoy your iTrain workout.

Wendy..I think that is great you and DH will eventually go skiing. Looks like a good rotation but you might get more out of your legs if you don't run and do leg weights on the same day.

Judy...I switched things up this week with endurance workouts so no run until tomorrow and yes, yesterday was the EXT. I have really enjoyed the crock-pot and it is so easy to find recipes online. I loved your friends remark about bouncing quarters off your muscles!

Christine...sorry about all the tempting food and drink at your Dad's! That can be tough...but I think getting in your workouts will help alot! Love your new siggy!

Jackie...cool siggy! I am thinking soup is the perfect winter food!

I think it is so funny, I have more DOMS from my upper body endurance workout yesterday, than when I was doing heavier lifting in the previous weeks!! Today will be the long KPC/B&G circuit.

Have a great day...:)

Carole - I have that happen a lot, too. When I lift heavy for a while, then switch to endurance, I get sooo sore. And vice versa. That's why I like to switch things up. Working out here is not a problem. Other than serving my dad, which I am thrilled to do, and getting in 4 hours of work a day, I don't have too much to do.

Well, the walk is out, the clouds are coming in and it's going to rain. Oh well. I like rainy beach days, too. So it's Hi/Lo and yoga today. Question for those with the Hi/Lo Dome workout - can the ab work be done without a BOSU?

Good Day Ladies!

This will be a drive by post, but I'll be back after I get my weight work finished

Y-day, I did All Body Cardio. That was great! FUn, fun! I then did the 1st two circuits of Iron Core #2, ff thru the 30 second breaks. That one is definitely harder than Volume #1. There's a move called Deck Squats. Oh mY!! It's hard to explain, but trust me, it works the core good! Today, so far I've done iTread #20/60. I only stayed on long enough to finish out 6.25 miles. It's time for legs now. I think I'll go back to 4D split this week. It's been fun changing it up every week.

Thanks about the pix gals! You are all too sweet! :)

Have great workouts everyone!

~BBL

Quick question for you Chi runners. I looked at that link Carole posted. Do you all have the metronome? Is it necessary? Gosh, between the iPod & headphones, heart rate strap and watch....is there anything else I really need to add?!?! LOL!

Dallas

http://img108.mytextgraphics.com/glittertextgraphics/2008/01/20/313688601d1016fdd2954f4170630a2e.gif

"Nothing should be jiggling unless it's jiggling off." ~ Cathe HSC

Good morning cheetahs! I slept terribly last nitex( That's pretty rare for me. I have a long run on tap for this morning so I hope it doesn't screw me up too bad. Probably not... being a night shift worker I'm quite used to hard workouts on little sleep, as you all are very aware!;-)

Dallas- I LOVE AllBodyCardio!! Do you have All Body Attack also? A workout very much along the same similar form. Sharon has such creative moves. I never thought I could make so much use out of a step top and riser!! I don't feel a metronome is necessary unless it is really difficult for you to achieve the pacing that is recommended for Chi running. I just count out the steps/minute every now and then to make sure I'm on track.

Judy- I did do the HIS/LIS step workouts on the Bosu yesterday. It was fun and I sweated much more then doing it on a step. Not all the step workouts translate well onto the Bosu. I didn't need to modify this one much at all... just a couple of moves. Oh dear... now I have workouts named after me? :eek: I've been doing S&H myself this week... love the change and how it feels!

Christine- You made me very happy:) :) that you'll still be my cheetahpal even tho I'll be rooting for the Giants! Your pics of S. Carolina were nice! Thanks so much for sharing... how long will you be there? I can see why all the well wishing visitors can be wrecking havoc with your dietx( I'm sure you'll be back on track soon though.

Carole- Sounds like you are having a great endurance week! I think I'll start trying out the "pain free" exercises for the ankle. My left one is still troubling me. Sounds like a fun hard leg day for you:7

Posh-Hope your feeling better today and that cruddy bug is history!
I used the Bosu yesterday for LIS/HIS double cardio and it worked out really well. Not all step workouts can be "translated" well onto the Bosu but I had fun with this one.

Wendi- Hi busy workin cheetah! Great name for you BTW. Re: the new little lump on your arm. I feel this is likely related to the first one. I forgot to ask you if you ever had a scratch/injury on that arm? I guess you would have mentioned it. Anyway, I'd finish the course of the antibiotic and see what happens and if those nasty bumps are still there then go get it checked out. Still nothin to get freaked out over IMHO.

Lorie- Sounds like you had a similar sleep night x( Wishing you the best on your run today. Your hip problem does sound like it's a stubborn one! That's great that you have a friend whos an orthopod... very convenient! I'd avoid the cortisone shot if I were you... not worth it IMO and it's only temporary relief at best.

Cathy- Love your ski bunny graphic!!! Too cute! Have a great UB workout and hope the dinner with your BFF goes well.

Sunny- I think the sprint ITreads are my favorites so far! My goodness you were busy playing nurse yesterday :eek: Your poor MIL!
She's got to be miserable after getting 6 teeth pulled!

Wendy- I like your plan for a body part/week. Let's you really focus!

Lori- Hiya Canadiancheetah! In answer to your post yesterday.. I do not have any kids... how else do you think I can manage the workouts I like to do??;-) I'm always so impressed with you Moms of young ones that you can do all that you do! KUDOS!!!

Okay, time to get my butt in gear. I'll be doing a 12-13 mile run and then later today S&H Bis and Tris.
Trying out my new siggy today... have to keep up with y'all!

ShellyC

Good morning Cheetahs!

Wendy - An hour of yoga? You did good. Can't bring myself to do that much anymore. Thanks for taking care of MDB. Your friend has done a great job! Proud of you and her for sticking with it.

Lorie - So sorry you couldn't sleep. Hate those kind of nights. Hope your friend can help you with the hip pain. No Grace is pain within itself. Hope the run goes well. Did you survive your sleeplessness without bringing out the credit cards?

Wendi - Enjoy your day with SO. Love your new siggy.

Cathy - Enjoy your workout and dinner with your friend. I'd be a little moody too if I were 7 months prego. Heck, I was moody for the whole 9 months during both of mine. I was sick the whole 9 months too. To think I use to want 4 kids until I had the first one. :)

Sunny - Ouch on MIL and 6 teeth. Hope everyone is feeling better.

Judy - Good job with S&H.

Christine - Do you need to lock the wine up? Maybe you want do too much damage. Hey, like your new siggy. Can't remember the core work in Hi/Lo Dome, but doesn't she have a modifier using the step?

Carole - Guess those endurance workouts sneaks up on the muscles. Yay for the DOMS! Enjoy your workout!

Dallas - Great workouts for you! Did I miss the pics? I'll have to go back and read. Can't right now, I have an appt. in about 10 minutes.

I did iTread #13 45 minutes and Cool It Off Express. Nice easy run today and I got in 4.5 miles. My legs were sore. I didn't think the workouts yesterday had that much lower body work. But, my lower body says differently this morning.

Enjoy your day ladies.

Jackie

hey ladies,

quickie post to say thanks re: MIL. i feel really bad for her. she was in alot of painx(

well no itread for me today. i cannot believe i left my ipod at homex( . didn't realize until i was already at the gym ready to run. i cannot run without it.

so i will have to do some cardio at home later on this evening.

christine- pics of dads home were beautiful.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.