<<<CHEETAHS>>>tuesday in the den!

lederr

Cathlete
don't have much time to do anything but get us started as i have an early meeting and i want to work out before. it's the one about that summer testing case that could be going to lititgation...ugh! :confused: better get moving!

Good morning, everyone! :) :) :)

Lorie :: hope everything goes well with your meeting.

Wendy :: Adding a fourth day sounds like a good idea...Meant to answer your question about CABs: yes, I add in everything. I considered not entering the extra snacks/food consumed on long run days, but I decided to, anyway.

Carole :: oh, correction ~ Sunday's bottom line intake (after considering calories burned) was 1,000, not 800. I forgot that I added another snack, though I was not hungry. But funny thing, I *was* a little hungrier than normal yesterday (day after the long run.) Still stayed well within my calorie range, though. Glad you haven't been hit as hard with the cold.

Wendi :: Oh, I was asking Carole about the calorie deficit created by the long run and how much to refuel. Didn't say I was hungry at all. Quite the contrary. I ate to feel satisfied, which did bring me a little over what the software program recommends, but in the end considering what I burned, I only consumed 1,000 calories (not 800) for the day...hey, there's always Chicago. ;)

Gloria :: I think I can picture who Tamilee Webb is. Never did one of her videos, but I remember the name being big back in the day. Sometimes those oldies are goodies. I've never gone canoeing again after that. Kayaking looks cool, though. LIC was good--I don't do it often, so I was happy that I was only mixed up a little bit in Cycle #2...enjoy the day with DH.

This morning will be a run + Winsor.

Have a great Tuesday!

Good Morning Girls.

Lori: Sorry about the icky meeting you have to go to. So I hung out a while over at the Aug R/T check in thread yesterday afternoon. I made 4 new friends in 5 minutes! LOL I am now supposed to look for these girls when I get to the hotel. I told them I will have to write down their names (and maybe even print out thier avitars!) or I'll forget who I'm supposed to be looking for! LMBO! So when will you be arriving? You are staying at the Fairfield correct? I should get there by 3 barring any serious traffic issues. Would love to meet up quickly before the insanity over at the gym begins!

Cathy: I have been entering the CABS as well. Too bad there are so many calories in them!:eek: So what time do you think you'll be arriving at the hotel with the cabber girls? Will you have the time to come into the hotel and say hello? I'll keep an eye out for ya if we might be there around the same time.

Wendi: DH is getting out early so I should be able to leave my house by 1:00 at the latest to head down on Friday. If I can leave earlier I will but I doubt it. I should be there by 3. Talk about running too fast: When I ran my first sub 29 min 5k a few months ago I took off like bat outta hell. By the end of mile one I thought I was gonna puke! LOL I thought I was a gonner and was gonna end up with my WORST time instead of my best. I slowed down long enough to recover and then sped up and pulled back constantly through out the rest of the race. It was enough to give me a PR but I barely made it!:eek: So I was tired last night but my first game at bowling was lousy...25+ pins UNDER my average and we LOST the game. UGH! :( Did better the next 2 games and we won both plus wood. We are actually like 5 places above last! I'm so excited!:p

Gloria: Okay okay...I know CABS have lots of calories. You could have reminded me in a slightly more GENTLE fashion though. LOL :p Despite the HUGENESS of it all, I still enjoyed 2 beers at bowling last night. ;)

Carole: I had a couple of Michelob Ultras last night at bowling. I normally drink Corona or Coors Light. The MU's were pretty good. I'll have to add 'em to my list from now on. :)

I have to do 4DS C&B today and will hopefully get my arse to the gym for a run as well this morning.

Most of you probably remember my complaining that my job "forces" it's employees to take so many classes per month in order to keep the so called free membership there. The rule was if you didn't meet the requirement you would get charged dues for that month. Well I hadn't taken classes in well over a year and never got charged despite countless meetings where we were told they were really going to start charging now. LOL Well folks, it FINALLY happened. I didn't take any classes in June and got charged. ACK. I also did not take any in July as I was waiting to see if I'd get charged for June. They took so long to charge me that July was over before it happened so I have another month to pay. Needless to say, considering the pittance I make there, I don't want to have to give it up for dues so I need to take 3 classes this month. I guess I will be at the gym alot more then usual now since I am upping my running too! LOL Unless I get out in my neighborhood in the evenings to run sometimes instead. We'll see what happens. At any rate I didn't want to have to do MORE cardio considering I have 3-4 runs per week planned PLUS a plyo work out so I think I will take their weight lifting class. That will be one less weight work out I have to do at home. I prefer my vids to the class but oh well. Gotta do what ya gotta do right?

YIKES! Sorry that was so wordy!

BBL~

Wendy :: Not that I indulge much, anyway, but I will probably cut them out altogether after this weekend...I honestly do not know when we might get to the hotel (or Cathe's if they don't make the bus). It all depends on whether the flights and luggage are on time. Philly is known for being slow getting the bags out. Even if we get out fairly quickly, we're going to hit SOME Friday shore traffic. The later we hit the roads, obviously the worse it will be. But as long as it is not encroaching on the official RT activities, I will definitely say hi/hang out.

Wendy :: Not that I indulge much, anyway, but I will probably cut them out altogether after this weekend...I honestly do not know when we might get to the hotel (or Cathe's if they don't make the bus). It all depends on whether the flights and luggage are on time. Philly is known for being slow getting the bags out. Even if we get out fairly quickly, we're going to hit SOME Friday shore traffic. The later we hit the roads, obviously the worse it will be. But as long as it is not encroaching on the official RT activities, I will definitely say hi/hang out.

Cool. :) We (the cabbers and myself) are going to get in touch via cell phone. I've suggested that who ever gets to the hotel first should call the other one to start arranging for when/where to meet up. Sounds like I may be the first one there. Originally I thought you girls would beat me but I guess not.
So you are going to do away with the cabs for the remainder of your mary training or is this for weight loss purposes? I admire you. I am no drunk or anything but I fully admit to enjoying my indulgences and wouldn't want to give them up! :confused:

Good morning cheetahs

Lorie..hope the early meeting goes well.

Cathy...Oh, so you did consider the calories you burned. I think it can be normal to be hungry the day after a run. Its funny as for most people weight lifting makes them hungry but for me it was always distance running that did it! I found out yesterday Portobello mushrooms have a lot of Potassium!! The cold is just an annoyance...I usually go through the symptoms fast as I don't get many colds. I think as my weight has finally started to drop that could have stressed out the immune system a bit...:). Enjoy your run and Windsor.

Wendy...LMBO on the endurolytes!! Don't eat them!! Swallow them with water before and during the run, or if they are capsules just open them up and add the contents to your sport drink, and you have them the whole run...:D...I think 3 days of running a week will be good but 4 could make the 18 a bit easier...I have sure cut back on the Ultra's, but I do like them. I tried one a couple of weeks ago that was Tuscan Orange & Grapefruit flavor and you know what, it was good. Sorry about the Gym now charging you...:(

Wendi...no, I have not tried those kind of apricots but I will look for them now! I grew up with an apricot tree in my backyard. You get used to the heat unless it gets over 110 then it can be miserable. I hope the cold is short lived too!

Gloria...I have quite of few of Tamilee's older videos...:)...That high of humidity would be no fun to run in. Good job getting in 6 on the TM.

Today I am doing legwork, and Imax 2 instead of PlyoX.

Have a great day...:)

Wendy :: We could get there at 3 in a best-case scenario. What time does the bus leave for the gym?...I am cutting them out for both reasons, but it's not really a big sacrifice to me.

Another gorgeous morning out there, and not too humid. :) :) :) Ran 5. Will chug my milk here before moving on to WP.

Carole :: oops, I did not see your post...Yes, oh yes, on the calories. I could *never* just eat 800-1,000. *lol* Sorry I was unclear. The reason I asked is because I know generally you shouldn't take in less than 1,200. I want to lose fat, not muscle!! But (to my own surprise) I wasn't that hungry post-run. So, do you try to make sure you refuel a certain amount of calories or do you have a specific recovery drink/meal after your long runs?...good to know about the portobellos!...congrats on seeing the lbs. drop...I have heard about the flavored MU's...was wondering if they were any good. Enjoy your legwork and Imax2!

Carole: I can't swallow pills larger then aspirin size so I have to either chew them or break them open (if they are capsules). I read about someone who broke it open and put the contents directly in her mouth and washed it down with water to get rid of a cramp during a race. She said it worked instantly. I ate it to see how bad it tasted. If need be, I can handle salty. It's not exactly pleasant but it'so tons better then the bitter flavor of most pills that I have to chew! BLECH! Anyway, I put the contents of a couple of endurolytes capsules in my sports drink for my half in May. I STILL ended up with cramps after it was over so even if I put them in my beverage, I think I still need to carry some on my person to take at the end of the race to combat that. I hadn't taken any extra with me for that race. I thought what was in my drink would be enough plus I believe I had taken one mixed with some sports drink BEFORE I left the house that morning. Perhaps it just wasn't enough? Who knows. I guess it's very trial and error since everyone is different.
So I just tried to plan out a rotation that involves 4 days of running. Aye carrumba it's not easy to do when you so much else you want to accomplish each week! I think I need to let go of the weights a bit for now. It's the only way I think I'll be able to get all of the running in. I am just petrified to lose the muscle/definition I have worked so hard to get!!!:(

Cathy...true as I don't think below 1200 cals is good for anyone to try! This is the 1st time in a long time I have watched my calorie intake, so when I get into more mileage i will have to see how I feel. I used to use a thing called "Jogmate" for recovery after my long runs during marathon training. It was protein and carbs but I forget the ratio. For me personally I have always though adding protein within 30 mins of finishing a long run was good for you. I had 1 scrambled egg last sunday after my run and it shot the cholesterol up sky high!!

I have tried also Endurox R4 and Endurox Excel (which comes in tablet form which I like better). I might have to look into those again.

I think the other MU flavor is Pomegranate & Raspberry. But I am not drinking much so I can get the weight off...thanks...:)

Cathy: Glad you had a good weather run this morning. It's not supposed to be extremely hot at all this week from what I saw on the news. YAY! :)
I don't drink much as a rule but right now I drink every week at bowling. Beer and bowling go hand in hand. I won't give that up! ;) Only one more month of bowling to go before this league is over anyway so I say "bottoms up!"! LOL
I think the bus will leave at 3:30 to head over to the gym but if you get there late I am sure someone will be there who can give them a ride. I think there are a good number of girls driving themselves over after the bus leaves who will be more then happy to take as many RTers as they can fit with them! :)

Wendy...sorry, I did not know you had problems with taking pills. IMO putting the endurolytes in the sports drink is best, and you can just carry others with you. It can be hard to figure out how much you need. I don't have the cramp issue but I do take them most of the time on long runs in heat.

I never backed down a lot on upper body weightlifting during training, but I did for the lower body. I doubt you will loose any definition by backing off a bit...:)

Carole: I don't WANT to give up any weight training but I might have to just to fit it all in. The class at the gym I have to take is tickin' me off. It really throws a monkey wrench in my schedule cause ofcourse the classes are only offered at certain times. That makes it really hard. GRRR. Hopefully I won't be at that crummy job much longer though.
So then that settles it. I will add a few endurolytes to my sports drink and then carry some on me to be taken if I feel a cramp coming on. :)

Wendy...I know I always missed step so much while marathon training, but for me I had to run 6 days, so I got through it.

I think your plan for the endurolytes is good. You can test it out on your 15 milers for training....;)

Carole :: I normally crave milk after I run, so that is what I drink. :) But yeah, that was my concern, not taking in enough. I'll just make sure next time I don't go below 1200. I was close, so I don't think it's a big deal, but that's probably why I was little hungrier on Monday...Pomegranate & raspberry--that's the one I heard of. I think they will have that at the BBQ I'm going to this weekend, so I'll give it a try...it is interesting how the grades for the individual nutrients rise or plummet when you add in one thing.

Wendy :: Oh, I'd be glad to give our Cabber girls a lift to the gym in the event they miss the bus; was just wondering. I didn't really have a clear idea of what the evening's timetable was. Did I hear that it's not necessary to get there precisely at 4?

Good morning Cheetahs!

Lorie - Hope the meeting goes well today. At least, you'll have your workout in.

Cathy - Liked the Monday morning troll that you posted yesterday! That about sums it up. :D Sounds like the nutrition program is working well for you. I usually eat a big breakfast after a long run because I'm starved. Good job on your run! Saw a runner out this morning and it was already 80 degrees. Thought how glad that wasn't me.

Wendy - You made 4 new friends! See, you aren't as shy as you thought. ;) Sorry for the charges at the gym. Guess it will keep things interesting for you though. Do they need to fill the classes or something?

Carole - Sorry you have an old cold but glad to hear the weight is going down for you. Yippee!! Enjoy your leg work and Imax 2!

Wendi - Glad you had some quality time with DSO over the weekend. Hope the show goes well. DBF and I went out for Mexican Saturday and came back home and chilled in front of the tv. It's nice to do that sometimes.

Christine - Glad DD bags showed up. Hate when my bags don't arrive with me. Bet we'll be seeing more and more of that too. Have fun!

Gloria - Kayaking sounds like so much fun! Did that a couple of times in SC. Loved it! Glad you have confidence to go out on your own.

Shelly - You busy beaver! Lot of traveling for you. Know you will be happy when things slow down a tad bit. Kids glad to be in their new home?

Hello to all others!

Yesterday's workout was Super Sets. Today I wanted to do some iTreads I've never done. I started out with iTread #4 20 minutes. Then it was iClimb #3 20 minutes and back for iTread #6 20 minutes. Made for a good sweaty workout. Finished up with a 10 minute yoga.

Got ready to use my EXT this morning, plugged it in and nothing. :eek: So, I unplugged and plugged it back in. Still nothing. Then, I disconnected the plug from the EXT and reconnected and, yes, POWER! I'm hoping it was just a glitch. If not, maybe it's a short in the cord.

Gotta run! Enjoy your day ladies!

I *THINK* I have a workable rotation plan for the month and possibly beyond depending upon what my schedule is like once DS starts school next month!

What do you girls think?

Monday: 4DS Upper Body Premix or 4DS B&B

Tuesday: 4DS Upper Body Premix or 4DS CS&T, tm RUN

Wednesday: Plyo Leg work out of choice

Thursday: tm RUN in am if not working, outdoor RUN in pm if working

Friday: tm RUN, Group Power 5:30pm (f/b weight lifting class at gym)

Saturday: Long RUN or REST

Sunday: Long RUN or REST

Obviously for monday and tuesday I will either do the full upper body premix ONCE on the day that I don't run or do the split utilizing both days and a run on to one of the days. I put the run in for Tuesday but that could end up being monday. It's interchangable really.
I will be playing my long weekend runs by ear as far as which day I do them and the other day will be a rest day. This will likely affect the decision I make as to wether I choose to run that monday or tuesday.

Cathy: I am hearing that some of the gals that drive themselves to and from the gym choose to do so because they said Cathe doesn't come to the gym until 6pm Friday night so some choose to dispense with some or all of the activities planned prior to her arrival in favor of just hanging at the hotel and chatting or whatever.

Carole: So what you are saying is that I need to quit complainin' and suck it up! LOL You are right. If I want to complete this race then I need to bend a bit in order to prepare for it! :)

Jackie: No, they don't need to fill the classes. The owners are just f---ed up is all!:mad: Oops. Sorry for the outburst! As you can see I am not a fan of the folks that own/run this gym. :p Sorry about your almost non existant EXT work out this morning. I hope it was just a fluke! Nice Itread work out y'day! I've done 2 twenty minutes back to back but not 3. I'll have to try that one day! :)

Hi Cheetahs!!!

I need to go and read all the posts. You girls are chatty this morning, I love it! :)

Just wanted to tell Wendy that I wasn't meaning to be harsh. :) You did a great job only having two cabs last night during bowling. I am in no way judging, as I have my fair share of them. Are you getting excited for the RT? I would love to meet Cathe. She seems so sweet and friendly. The RT is on my list of things to do.

Ok, I need to read all the posts and I will post the rest of the personals later. I might run first though, so it might be a little bit.

BBL!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.