::: CHEETAHS ::: Tuesday, 9.11

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Mornin', cheetahs :)

I was last to post last night and am caught up with personals, so this'll be a short one.

Gayle :: I checked out the team pics this morning...nice album! And everybody's smiling big at the end, which must be the beauty of a doing a mary relay-style. :) Thanks for sharing.

Is Carole back from her getaway?

Tonight I plan to do PLB + a run. It would be nice if I could get the AM workout thing figured out and split up my workouts, but I have a hard time getting my butt in motion before 5 am. I'm thinking the new, time-efficient series might make it a little easier to stomach.

My school will be wearing [font color=brick red]red[/font], [font color=gray]white[/font], and [font color=blue]blue[/font] in remembrance of 9/11. A question for the day: where were you when it happened?

[font face="heather" font color=brick red size=+2]~Cathy [/font face] http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif
"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George Sheehan

Hi ladies. I am dripping wet with sweat and only have a minute before my friend drops her kids off here before school!

This morning, I was up extra early for my workout: Leaner Legs and iTread 19 Spring 30mins! Feel GREAT!

BBL to chat more!

Gayle

Good morning ladies!

Wendy - How are the butt and gutt today? Glad you survived the lab work for DS. Poor baby. I don't look forward to lab work either. Hate needles. It took me about 3 hours to go through all of those emails. Now, I have to get everything else cleared off my desk. Can't stand it.

Susan - Sounds like you had a great run and weight workout yesterday. So glad to hear running is going so well for you again.

Cathy - I chose that Firm workout because it was short and not near as hard as a Cathe workout. Shelly must be rubbing off on me. On 9/11 I was off work and went out for a walk. Got in my car to drive back home and that's when I heard. Didn't realize the full impact until I got home. That was a traumatic year for me.

Amy - Great job on the run! Glad you're getting back to your routine.

Gayle - Loved the pics of the Relay Team. Really loved the shirts. Looked like a good place to run.

Today's workout was iTread #2 except for the last 10 minutes. I stayed on the low end of the joggers since this was supposed to be an easy run day. Still got in 4.5 miles and finished up with Cathe's Basic Stretch. Oh, did the muscles love that.

Well, I'd better get to work and get through some more piles. Manager stopped by my office today and brought some more work for me. UGH!! Hoping to see light at the end of the tunnel soon.

Have a great day everyone!

Jackie

Good morning ladies,
I am up and ready to do Drill Max}( I enjoy that workout so much. I have been a little stressed lately. It looks like my hubby is going to be offered a great job in Cary North Carolina and we are talking about moving. I am very torn and excited at the same time. It looks like Cary is a wonderful place for kids and families and we could afford a brand new house for HALF the amount of money here. So, I have been really stressing over what the right decision for me and my family is. It is a BIG change for us. If I did not have kids, I would do it in a heart beat, BUT, my children love their school and their friends here. Also, I do not know how I would leave my best friend MAry right now with everything she is going through. Anyway, I just wanted to get that off my chest:)

CAthy, I was in my kitchen ready to turn on Elmo when I turned the tv on and saw the planes going through the buildings. I was shocked and completely devastated.

I too am also looking forward to the new dvd's. I am in a time crunch constantly. Have a great day at school!

Amy, great job on your run!

Gayle, don't cha just love dripping in sweat}(

Jackie, tell your boss to take it easy on you;-) Great run!

WEll ladies, I am off to take kids to school. HAve a great day!

susan

Good morning ladies! This weekend and so far this week has been really busy. DD celebrated her 2nd birthday on Sunday. We began her birth day by going to the doctor. DD has another ear infection, even though she still has her tubes. Anyway, the rest of the day went well. My inlaws came down to celebrate with us. I also bought a new treadmill and finally a laptop. I should be getting the later in a couple weeks. They are building it now.

Workout wise, exercise has not be a high priority on my to do list. That needs to change, but in the meantime we can only deal with what life hands us. However, yesterday, I finally go to try out my new treadmill by running a couple miles. I love it.

During lunch today I will probably do a quick strength workout of my own creation. Nothing too extensive, maybe 2 sets of 10 reps per muscle group. This should put me at about 30 minutes so I will still have some time to fit in a few errands before I head back to work.

Cathy - I was where I always am during the week, at work. My boss called to tell us to turn on the TV. When I did that is when I saw the 2nd plane hit. At first I had no idea it was live footage.

Susan - That would be a very hard decision to make. Good luck!

I'll try to BBL. Not sure if I will have time though.

Hey Cheetahs!

*Bows head in remembrance of 9/11/01* I was on the computer in our new house (we had just moved in and did not have cable yet, so we could not watch TV). I saw that the first plane hit the World Trade Center on Yahoo News. Thought it was a freak accident, until I saw that the second plane hit. I went upstairs and woke my DH. Fifteen minutes after I woke him, our phone rang – it was his brother in DC saying the Pentagon had been hit as well. The girls did go into school, but were let out early. I went into the office, but I remember just being in shock the entire day, wondering what else was going to happen.

Cathy - I, too, am wearing red, white, and blue today. Honestly more by accident than anything else. Getting up early and working out requires a whole new way of thinking sometimes. Maybe you should try getting up and doing a 30 minute yoga routine. A gentle one to get your body used to waking up.

Amy – glad to hear you’re feeling good and back on track. Amazing what a run can do for one’s attitude, isn’t it?

Gayle – enjoy your day! Great workout!

Jackie – Hope the work load lessens!! Great workout! I love a good stretch after a run.

Susan – Oh, wow! A cross country move! Cary is a nice place, the schools – we’ll you’ll have to look for a decent school district or think about private. You’ll be near Sunny and my dad (I’d visit you when I visit him). Very different attitude than California. I’ll be thinking of you. If you need to talk, call me. I think you still have my cell phone. My sister lived in Raleigh, so I’m familiar with the area.

Kristi – poor little DD!! Happy Birthday to her! Hope she feels better! Don’t stress about exercise, it’s there when you need it.

Did Yogilates 2 this morning, and honestly really enjoyed it. It’s very gentle – no poses held too long, but it’s relaxing and I do feel it in my core section (the entire girdle). I was kind of cranky and out of sorts, but I’m feeling calmed and centered now, so that’s good. Might do more pilates or yoga over lunch – we’ll see.

For all who asked – the run yesterday wasn’t smoky at all. In fact, it was a nice, easy run. I enjoyed it immensely. We’re cooling down, and I’m looking forward to the fall with the nice temps. Hopefully all fires will be contained soon. We need them to be. The one near us burned 50,000 acres, but it’s mostly contained.

Waves hello to all who follow!!

Did y'all read about Brenda? She broke her hip at mile 13 in an Iron Man Triathlon. Stress fracture. Poor thing.

Hey guys.

Susan-My sis lives in Wake Forrest and says the schools need to looked at as well! Positive thoughts and vibes for this decision!

I read about Brenda also! Can't believe that. But look at all that training for that event....it's amazing what the body takes on, hugh?

Wendy-I have a question for you. iTread 19 Tread & Tush...would you consider that a weight workout? Does the workout, as produced, use weights at all? I'd like to do that this week for the first time, but I'm not sure how I would fit it in with all the heavy weight leg work in this rotation I'm doing. If the exercises are without weights, I'd just consider it a freestyle-type workout. Thanks for your input!

Gayle

Hi Ladies.

I just watched the new vid clips. Looks like tough stuff! I'm very excited!

I did Push and Pull Upper Body 2 set Premix. I'm fried! }(

I have my cpr course tonight so I have to get movin' so I can make sure I can get outta here by 5:30. If I don't have time to do personals before I leave for the class then I'll get to them when I get home later tonight. I PROMISE!:D

Really quick though...Gayle: Grace does not instruct you to use weights but you certainly can. I added weights to the last set of leg exercises where she does walking lunges and a 2 minute wall squat. I am going to add them to ALL of the exercises next time though. }(

Where was I on 9/11?
It was my unfortunate luck to be working in Jersey City at the time in a building that was right across the river from the towers. We had a "bird's eye" view of what was going on. It seemed sooo incredibly close to us and was soooo incredibly scarey. Luckily I did NOT see either plane hit, nor did I see either tower as it fell. I was going back and forth between my office and the place where people in the building were watching what was happening. My office did not have windows facing the water so when I was in there I could not see anything. Our office closed at about 10:30 that morning and it took me HOURS to drive home. I sat on the tpke extension bridge in tears with my hand up to shield the view of the destruction that was occuring just over my left shoulder. I was petrified that a plane was going to come crashing into the bridge as it was LOADED with traffic at a stand still for quite some time. When I finally got home I got a call from my aunt. She lived 5 minutes from me and she told me that my mom wanted me to go to her house for the remainder of the day because if these b@st@rds were going to attack again and I was in danger, my mom did not want me to die alone. That tore me apart. My mom had to stay at work b/c she works for a medical supply company that services many hospitals in NY/NJ so they were part of the rescue operation so to speak.

Alrighty....I'll be back later Cheetahs!:7

Question for the ladies who have RY's Yoga Burn - is the music on your DVD louder than his voice? It's not like it's that tough to follow, but I had a tough time hearing him. I did a little over lunch. At first I was impatient trying to move, but once I settled into the flow, it was a nice workout. I like his Total Body Power Yoga better, but this is okay. I'm going to get Eoin Finn's Power Yoga for Happiness next, I think.

Afternoon, cheetahs…

There's a break in the rain right now but there’s still a call for t-storms, so I'm gonna swap my run with tomorrow’s w/out: BC premix #8. Haven’t done that one in awhile.

Jackie :: you almost dug out over there?

Susan :: wow, you have a tough decision in front of you…what does DH think?

Kristi :: I joined WW online – signed up for the one-week free trial but am going to follw through with the 3-month plan. Just thought I’d share since you posted about it on the OD. Thanks for planting the seed! It's going well. It's only day three, but it's going well. *lol*

Christine :: I did not notice the music being too loud on YB…thanks for the idea to acclimate myself to early-AM workouts with yoga. Good thought. Who puts out Yogilates?…Yikes about Brenda! Did she fall?

Wendy :: no sweat on the personals! You sound extremely busy this week.

Hi Amy & Gayle.

Interesting to read about your 9/11 experiences…I had just started student teaching in a 6th grade language arts classroom. I had first period prep (planning time, no kids) and walked across the street with a colleague to grab some coffees. While we were in Wawa, a scruffy guy came in and said, “Yo, Howard Stern just said a plane crashed into the World Trader Center.” As my friend and I stood at the cashier, we figured it must have been a commuter plane but were trying to make sense of it. As we left, she said, “Oh, it’s Howard Stern – you can’t believe him all the time.” And I said, “I really don’t think Howard would joke about that.” When we got back to school, we told the teachers on our team what we’d heard and someone turned on a TV. We watched for a bit but then it was time for our classes to come in for 2nd period. As things started to unfold and parents started to pick up their kids early, the principal made an announcement about what had happened. It was like a record scratch. At that point, we spent the rest of the day trying to rationalize to kids that which we could not quite understand yet. It was an eye-opening lesson for me as a novice teacher, recognizing what has to be done in a time of crisis.

[font face="heather" font color=brick red size=+2]~Cathy [/font face] http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif
"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George Sheehan

Cathy - Brenda was just running - 13 miles into the marathon, AFTER the 112 mile bike ride and 2.4 mile swim and felt her hip pop a little, then she just went down. Stress fracture. I guess just another reminder that no matter how well we train, eat, whatever, sh*t can happen. Hope she's okay. Yogilates is Jonathan Urla. It's not power yoga by any stretch of the imagination, but I did like it.

Christine :: What a shame. I caught the update Cathe posted, too. I can't imagine how painful & frustrating that must be...Thanks for the info on Urla. I haven't heard of him. But that's exactly what I'm looking for - NON-power yoga!

OK, BC Everything but Core premix is done. Made me realize how much I enjoy the core "breaks" on the floor.

Have a great night, all!

Hey guys.

First, I forgot to add my 9/11 input. I was babysitting at the local church at a mom's group that Tuesday morning and I was out of touch since I didn't have a cell phone. The boys (they were just 1 and 4 then) and I got home to a flashing answering machine light. 10 messages...and I almost freaked. I never expected to hear DH say something like, "turn on the TV AFTER you put the kids in for a nap". The second half of my 'story' is that DH had tickets to the Yankees game in NY that night and was planning on leaving work in New Jersey at 10am to hit The City first.

PLUS...my mom and dad were AT the capitol building, on a site-seeing trip on their way down to visit my sis in N Carolina....they were driving AWAY, THANK GOD, from the building and were only about 20 minutes from it when the plane hit there. Even THEN they didn't know or hear anything, since they had no radio on.

FREAKY! Sad.

Gayle

Phew...I'm back from my CPR class. It wasn't bad at all and now it's done. YEAY!:) I FINALLY got copies of my resume made so I will begin creating cover letters for mailing tmrw. DOUBLE YEAY!:) I'm gonna need good luck vibes, crossed finger and toes and perhaps even eyes :p so that I find a good job in good time!:)

So get this, I saw a sign up in my gym that they are looking for people who are interested in becoming group fitness instructors! The sign said that they will teach/support you in learning everything you need to know, etc!!! Murphy's law at work, right? That is the kind of "fall in your lap" opportunity I would have jumped at several months back before getting certified to be a P/T! GRRRR. Group fitness is not a f/t time job and I really don't want to stay with the gym I work at now but if the opportunity had fallen in my lap sooner I would have jumped on it as a stepping stone! Just my luck, right? x(

Cathy: You are not alone on the early morning work outs. As a matter of fact, if you ask me to even CONSIDER exercising before 7am I will fall over laughing!:7 I got up and took an endurance lifting class at my gym a few times that started at 7am on saturday mornings. I have no idea how I got out of the house that early to take it but it's one of the rare times I've worked out that early! I want to be at the gym for 8am tmrw to get my run in before work and I am wondering if THAT will even happen!:p

Jackie: Man, I can't imagine having all of those emails to sort through after a vacation. Luckily at my jobs, I really never had much waiting for my return. I was always lucky enough to have a job that couldn't wait for me so someone else had to do it. :7 My legs and butt are sore today. I LOVE IT!}(

Susan: Sounds like you have a big decision to make. How long does your DH have to think it over and get them an answer? You will make the right decision. Your heart will tell you what to do.

Kristi: Congrats on the new toys! I hope to be able to get a treadmill when the day comes that we finally buy a bigger house. There is just no room where I live right now. :-( Happy Birthday to your DD. I hope she is feeling better.

Christine: Glad you enjoyed Yogalates and that y'day's run went well.

Okay, well if I intend to get up and to the gym early to get in a run before work tmrw morning I need to hit the sheets.

BB in the morning ladies!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.