::: Cheetahs ::: Tuesday, 8/15

HI Running Friends :7

Cathy- Nice picture of you with Cathe!
Colleen- I hope you ankle mends soon so you can get back to your WO's

Today will be a total body weights and a short cardio or a circuit with weights bumped up. And either stretch Max or a long stretch on my own.

Yesterday I added a hip opening stretch after getting up from the computer, and a short pilates segment; and my hip felt much better. I will aim to get in some mid day stretching again.

I have a gfit certificate to a Pilates place, and I'm thinking I will go check it out in September after kids get back to their school routines.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Good Morning Cathy and Judy.

I am planning an outdoor run for this morning. Hoping for about 3 miles today...Need to do l/b weight work as well. I am going to try to get the weights in BEFORE the run. I prefer it this way. :)

good morning to all,

I ran 4 miles this morning and I must say I finally feel like I am getting back to my old self with my runs. Still not 100% totally but it feels good to be almost there!!!YAH!!!That guy that told me it took his wife 3-4months to get back there was right. It will be 3 months come august 23rd.I cant believe it can wipe you out like that.

Jess thanks for the info,I was debating on the circle workout or the ball. I already have a ball so all I would need is the dvds. The target in perrysburg didnt have anyof the windsor workouts so I will have to go to sandusky this weekend,I saw them there.

Thank you to all of you guys for your words of wisdom and support towards me getting through my bronchitis and it affecting my runs and my spirit during that period.I know I can be a whiner when something bothers me or makes me feel less than I am. I really appreciate you all for putting up with me during that time. You are a great group of ladies and I hope to meet some of you some day!!

talk with you all later!!Have a nice day!!:) ;-)

Hellllo Cheetahs!! I did an 8 mile run this morning, was supposed to be 9 but ran out of time before my dh had to leave for work. That was ok w/ me!! My left leg was feeling a little pain again, I'm icing & taking some Advil again!! Running just 5 miles or so tomorrow then resting for 2 days before the half marathon!!

I was just sooo tired y'day, I don't know what the deal is. I went to bed at 9:15 last night & still didn't want to get up at 4:30!

More CleanMax today & think we'll go to the park to play. The kids just need to get out & enjoy the beautiful weather! We took a nice walk & played outside for a while last night.

Well, better get to work around here! Have a great Tuesday!

Hugs,

Cathy: GS with soar muscles? Oh girl, you are a brave one!}( I have DOMS in my biceps from S & L yesterday!:)

Judy: So are done unpacking yet? ;) I know folks who NEVER completely unpack! LOL :7

Laura: I'm happy to hear that you are making progress in your recovery. Must feel good. I'm sure you were very frustrated with the set back.

Good morning cheetahs

Judy...glad your hip was better yesterday after stretching..a Pilates gift cert?...that sounds nice...:)

Wendy...I do legwork before a run too...have a great workout.

Laura...that is good news you are feeling almost back to your own self!! It is true that some things can really wear you out. Keep up the good work...:)

Jess...sorry about the leg pain...I hope the ice and advil help...lots!

Christine...well the Elliptical is about halfway put together. It sure is nice...even DH made comments that it was built like a rock. So maybe he will use it?....

Cathy...to be honest my workout room is a mess. I keep my Nordic at the end of the hallway and my Elliptical will be out in the living room until I get into the messy room and get it cleaned. The Elliptical can fold up so it'll be out of the way. In the last few years I have done so much Cathe in my living room that my workout room had become a storage room so to speak! Have a good run and fun with GS today!

Laurie....yuk! The strawberry/banana would make me gag! Sounds like you have had a nice holiday with the girls and friends. Say http://smilies.sofrayt.com/eng/bday9.gif[/img] to Faith!!! I hope she has a great day...

Colleen...I hope you have a good run today. Yes, I'll be doing some yardwork cleaning today!! Don't worry at all about learning our names!!! As this thread keeps growing I get a bit confused myself!

John sat up for 45 min yesterday. It was painful but he did it. Little steps I know are good progress.

I hope to get my Elliptical put together today. I can't wait to try it out! I'll be doing PLB standing and a 5-6 mile run.

Have a great day...

Hey Ladies...Got up put a cake in the oven for Faith's 12th b-day and headed out to see my chiro for ankle adjustments. It made a huge difference in my left side, right side's still tender. I feel very good after my run yesterday but will rest today and do some upper body, abs and yoga..not sure what yet. Busy day today, I'm meeting some cousins downtown for lunch then Faith's party. Back to work tomorrow...

Cathy, was the workout similar to KPC or KM, a mix of the 2 or a lot of new material. You're a trooper, the soreness from yesterday isn't slowing you down, have a great workout.

Judy, glad your hip is feeling better.

Wendy, have a good run, the weather is gorgeous here!

Laura, so glad you're feeling back up to speed. Sounds like you've had a rough go of it but you perservered and got through it!!

Jess, have fun with the Girls today. Hope your leg feels better soon.

Carole, you're a sweetie, Faith will be thrilled to see a b-day banner just for her! :D Good luck putting the elliptical together, new toys are so much fun!!!

Later Cheetahs!:)

Take Care
Laurie:)

BLECH! I did S/L lower body and headed out for my run. I only did 3/4's of a mile and just couldn't do any more. I just wasn't feeling good. I was having a hard time with my breathing. I have been feeling the beginning's of POSSIBLY getting sick every morning for a couple of days now but it eventually goes away. I'm sure that is why I pooped out so fast...Ahhh well, I guess this means another rest day from cardio! I considered going to the gym to try using the TM since I find it easier then outdoors but I think the wisest choice would be to nixx cardio altogether for today...x(

Morning ladies. This morning was 30 minutes on the elliptical followed by a 3 mile run. I didn’t get a chance to get my running shoes this past weekend since DD was sick, but I HAVE to do it this weekend. My feet are paying the price.

Cathy – Have fun with your run and I LOVE the GS series.

Judy – Glad your hip is feeling better.

Wendy – I prefer to do weights before my cardio too. If I do a leg workout it makes it tough to get into my run. You’ve done so much running, a rest day from cardio is probably a good idea.

Laura – Good job on the 4 miler.

Jess – 8 miles, way to go. I’m not quite there yet, so I’m envious.

Carole – I love the elliptical. I like to use it as a warm up before my runs. It gets the legs nice and warm.

Laurie – Sounds like you have a fun day planned.

Well, I'm off to get the little one ready for daycare.

Have a great day!

Katie

Katie,

AWESOME work out girl! Do you do your own thing on the elliptical or do you use Cardio Coach or ITrain?? I have done elliptical and running work outs back to back...not an easy thing no matter what order you do it in! ^5's girl! :)

Leg work before a run can make the run more challenging but at the same time I find it helps loosen the legs up. I would rather do leg work on the same day as a run rather than the day prior as DOMS is a possibility at that point. I try to run every other day or else I would have the option to put a day between a run and leg work.

Hi Again!
Wendy- What kind of sick are you feeling in-the-morning.... Hmmm...

I did the Viper this morning aftr I posted and now will go do 30" pilates.

Hey Ladies...Got up put a cake in the oven for Faith's 12th b-day and headed out to see my chiro for ankle adjustments. It made a huge difference in my left side, right side's still tender. I feel very good after my run yesterday but will rest today and do some upper body, abs and yoga..not sure what yet. Busy day today, I'm meeting some cousins downtown for lunch then Faith's party. Back to work tomorrow...

Laura- I agree about this thread; it ca nbe a great mental aid to all of us!

Jess-Lets hope that leg is ready for your half this weekend!

Carole- I want to hear your review of your new elliptical. Changing us workout s is so helplful.

Wendy- Yes I am ALL done unpacking but both DD who have been away this summer still have a few boxes to do in their rooms.

Laurie- Wish Faith a Happy Birthday!! (PS - nice name!)

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Good morning!

My workout today is GS CT and a 5 mile tempo run or hill work. Haven't decided what I feel like doing yet.

Cathy, The picture of you and Cathe is great. Since I obviously know what the other Cathe looks like I liked seeing you the most! Our workouts are similar today!

Judy, I hope your hip gets better soon. When I ponder how injuries seem to be par for the course with running it seems kind of crazy how we all crave it! The running, not the injuries.:+

Wendy, Sorry the run didn't happen for you today but, believe me, I know it's like that sometimes. You know, I definately prefer to do my l/b weight work *after* running. Last time I did it the other way around it made the running too hard.

Laura, Glad to hear that you are feeling better and that your endurance is on it's way back!

Jess, I bet you were tired from that 16 mile run you did last weekend! When I run the longer runs like I did on Sunday, I don't sleep so good that night. It takes me a couple of nights to feel rested again. I really hope your leg feels great by the time your 1/2 rolls around this weekend. When is your marathon again? Are you following one of Hal Higdon's schedules?

Carole, Still pulling for John.....it definitely sounds like he's moving forward!:) I hope you love your elliptical as much as I love mine! Are you putting it together yourself?

Laurie, What kind of cake are you making? Happy birthday to Faith! I missed something..... do you have an ankle injury or just residual soreness from your weekend long run?

Katie, I'll be ordering new shoes today too. I'll get this pair then one more mid-September and those will be my marathon shoes! I love buying new running shoes!! Heck, I love buying new anything!

Hello to all of you posting after me! Have a great day everyone!

Judy :: thanks :) I'm glad your hip is feeling better.

Wendy :: Whoo! Legwork before a run! That's tough! I wound up running 4 miles and then doing SH Chest & Back instead of GS BSB. (Only my legs were sore from yesterday.) Love the GS series but I thought I'd better change it up.

Carole :: WTG, John - 45 minutes! The toughness must run in the family!

Laurie :: happy birthday to Faith...mmm, cake!...I was eyeballing the chocolate volcano dessert at Applebee's yesterday but managed to resist. I don't have KM, but I'd say yesterday's workout was similar to KPC. Lots of jumping rope, jacks, front & side kicks, jabs & crosses, high jogging, those hammer punch things, ab work. We also ran around the gym.

Katie :: That reminds me...I do need to get over to Fleet Feet for new kicks. Mine are over a year old. I haven't been running regularly that entire time, but I can feel that I'm due.

Elaine :: thanks. Enjoy your run & GS CT. I love new stuff, too. I have a coupon for Dick's, so I might invest in a couple new shorts and sports bras.

Laura :: glad you're getting back to your old form. I can imagine that being as sick as you were for as long as you were would have a big impact on your cardio endurance. I know how it much it sucks to lose ground, but it sounds like you are making good progress. Keep it up!

Jess :: sorry to hear the leg is plaguing you. Hope you can calm it down before Saturday.

Hi to Christine, Pamela, Barb, Barbara, Shelly, Marcia, Mattea, Thomasina, Gayle, Colleen, and anyone else who drops in.

-Cathy :)

http://www.picturetrail.com/uid6081278

Wendy, no I don't have an elliptical. I use the one at the gym. I actually used to have an elliptical and sold it because I never used it. We had it in our office at home along with a Bowflex and the room was just so cramped that I never had the desire to use it (workout atmosphere is very important to me for some reason), so we sold it. I kind of wish at times that I still had it, but I prefer using the one's at the gym anyway. I actually enjoy going to the gym because the other people there at 4 am with me are all pretty serious about fitness and it's inspiring to watch them workout. Sorry, I kind of went off an a tangent there.:7

Katie

Wendy, I thought the same thing as Judy:p Sometimes it's such a battle between listening to our bodies and knowing how much better we feel when we get our workout in. Laboured breathing and nausea are not something to push through, hope you feel better!

Thanks for all the b-day wishes to Faith, she feels like a star reading your kind wishes:)

Elaine, It's a chocolate layer cake with raspberry jam in the middle and chocolate mocha icing. I take a lot of teasing from my daughters as my cakes are always pretty wonkey looking, like a leaning tower of cake :p My ankles were sore late last week (doing the tourist thing and running had them working double time) and very tender after my 10 miler yesterday. I'm going to bring my shoes into the Running Room and see if they can recommend a better shoe for me. The treads on my shoes are hardly worn at all (they're 2 months old), I don't think I'm over pronating but I do find that after 30-45 minutes the inside of right ankle is weary and I start to evert my foot. After the adjustment this morning the left one feels a lot better but I'm still very tender on the right.

Okay Ladies I'll pick your brains:) I have a narrow foot size 8.5 and no falling arches, I've always been partial to Adidas for recreational fitness as they are quite narrow but am open to suggestions or ideas more specific to a running shoe. We do orthotics at the clinic so maybe I should consider this...
TIA

Take Care
Laurie

Hey Elaine! I hope you had a good run & enjoyed your GS C/T! That one gets me sore every time!!

And I didn't even think about the delayed tiredness from my run!! I just felt like my legs weren't going like I wanted them to this morning!! I'm hoping I can rest them & be fresh for the half on Sat! I'm kinda following HH's Novice marathon training. We've had to switch a little bit w/ the weeks to fit in the half marathon but I think it will still work out fine. This was supposed to be an 18 mile week & next week should have been 14 so we're just flipping the weeks. The marathon is Sept 24th & I registered today!! And we booked a hotel room too, my Mom, dh, & kids are going to cheer me on!! It's only about an hour from my Mom's house, but decided I wanted to get some rest & that way the kids can play & have fun at the hotel. (My Mom's keeping the kids in one room & Greg & I will have another so I can sleep, hopefully!)

Speaking of ellipticals, my neighbor wants to get rid of hers so if we can swing it I might get one too!!! I have killed 2 treadmills now & this way I'll still be able to run outdoors but will have an option of an indoor cardio during the winter especially!

Good luck w/ your marathon training too! I love hearing about everyone's training! What are you following??

Hugs,

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.