::: CHEETAHS ::: tuesday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetahs! :7 :7 :7

Judy ~ Great run! Hate when I forget to start the Garmin. We’re having nice temps here, too.

Christine ~ *lol* No happy pills here. Some Mondays are rougher for me, I can’t lie, but I just know the power of thought—either positive or negative—can make a day what it is, so I choose to drop the baditude and make it a good one :7…The Achilles is good today. I wore my bowling shoe/sneaker to work yesterday, which I think helped…Yeah, there really wasn’t much to see during the arrest. Peculiar situation. They hauled him off fairly quickly. Yeah, cut the car tax so people can drive massive gas-guzzling Hummers, and then give higher EDUCATION the shaft. Brilliant. Hope things work out for DD18…funny dreams!

Shelley ~ I have to respectfully disagree with ya on that one. I think some people leave a mark on a place, and it is never quite the same. Yeah, maybe some can come in and do the job and the place functions, but when a really good supervisor or boss goes, there is often a void. The ship doesn’t run quite the same.

Wendy ~ good for you, sleepin’ in! I’m jealous! :) B2B is third Sunday in May. Does that conflict? Yeah, I’m really glad my mom is going with me for that reason. You just never know. And we’ll enjoy seeing some of Chicago on Saturday and Monday. Luckily, it’s a very short flight, which is another reason Chicago became the ideal choice.

Carole ~ Mondays off from working out are just great for me work-wise because they are usually busy days on the job, especially with two meetings a month always scheduled for Mondays. Somehow I got into that groove of the Monday rest day, and I really like it. So yes, when the TRUE long runs actually kick in, I think it’ll be perfect. I think I’m gonna go with your & Lorie’s suggestion of run 1 mi, walk a minute. I like that. How’s your friend’s mom doing?

WT ~ yeah, I don’t think I’m going to adhere to Galloway’s suggestion to run the full distance in training. I will probably blend the two plans some. Would love to come & train with Jeff!...Go get ‘em, Cougar!!!! :) Glad you’re havin’ fun.

Jackie ~ Bingham is “The Penguin” who writes the Need for Speed column in RW. He always ends with “Waddle on, friends.” :) DOMS still lingering?

Posh ~ sounds like a fun 5K…thanks for the tips! ‘Preciate it!!! :)

Dallas ~ Wow. Well, I’m sorry he talked you out of it, but it does sound like the commitment is not right for you at this time.

Linda ~ I think I’m gonna structure it this way: M-rest, T-run, W-XT, R-run, Fri-XT, Sat-run, Sun-long run. You sure do have a lot of books! I do need to drop the final lbs. to make the pounding a little less.

Wendi ~ great run & productive day! Bet you slept well.

Gloria ~ welcome! As you can tell by my user name, I’m a teacher, also in my 7th year (8th grade). :7 And I just signed up for Chicago in October. Fingers are crossed that you’re chosen for NYC.

This afternoon will be a run.

Have a great Tuesday, everyone!

Good morning Cheetah babes!

Ugggh, I overslept (again)...*makes note to get a new alarm clock that I can't reprogram in my sleep lol!* I don't have time for a workout now and will have to use work as my workout today. It should work out (pardon the pun) okay, though, because I think I have HayMax today plus quite the riding list so I'll have to be happy with that. However, *if* I get out of there on time (or early-ish) I may come home and knock out HSC. I'll have to see how the day goes. I also want to get all of my new herbs potted tonight so my fingers are crossed that I have another day today like I had yesterday.

Gloria - Welcome to Cheetahville! I hope you get into NYC! What an amazing experience that would be and I'd probably head down there and cheer ya on :D.

Cathy - Glad to hear the Achilles is feeling a bit better today. Enjoy your run this afternoon!

I caught up last night so this post is short and sweet, how's that for a change :p? I've gotta scoot and get to work. Have a Cheetastic day everyone!

Morning Cheetah Babes.

Another tired one for me. Went to bed too late last night AGAIN, but this time it wasn't due to GH!:p :7

Today is my scheduled rest day. Good thing too. Now I know I'll have time for a nap!;) We are going to MIL's for dinner as soon as DH gets home from work at 4:30 too so not having to squeeze in a work out is going to make my afternoon far less hectic.

Linda: So did you get DOMS from ME and a run back to back? Have you started officially training for your mary yet?

Gloria: So when do you find out if you were picked for NYC? That would be so cool if you got to do it! I have my fingers and toes crossed for you. :)

Wendi: Awesome run y'day! Sorry you overslept this morning. I'm sure your work day will more then make up for a missed work out. You hardly sit in front of a computer all day. LOL I think my DH's outlook on tourneys is similar to my outlook on running races. I know I'm not good enough to win but I love the adrenaline rush and energy running in a race gives me so I enter it anyway and basically compete against myself. :) DH would love to win a tourney but he's realistic about it and enjoys the competition. :)

Dallas: Sorry you were talked out of the full mary. So what half do you have your sites set on?

Cathy: Okay, B2B should not conflict with the May mary if I should go that route. The race is held in the beginning of May. So what are your travel plans for Chicago then, fly in on Friday and and home on Tuesday?

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...sounds like mondays as a rest day will work out well for your training. I always enjoyed reading The Penguin's page in RW. Talk about running books...I have a whole row of them on my bookshelf in my workout room, though no doubt, some are outdated!

Wendi...way to go on the fast hilly 9 miler!! WOW! Sounds like a busy day and you got a lot done...:)..Have fun with haymax and HSC today. Hope you are able to get those herbs planted.

Lorie...glad to hear the stomach bug is finally gone! Good job with the Bosu workout.

Wendy...Yes, Sarah did start this running thread. I think she did so awesome in Boston...I hope she posts her experience today. Way to go on the 5K PR yesterday!! I do hope to get in a marathon soon, there are some pretty ones around here...but I also liked the distance running on trails...Enjoy your rest day and dinner at your MIL's.

Gloria...Welcome! I think we started running about the same age....although now I am 49! Good Luck with the NYC marathon, I hope you get in...sometimes I feel running and early risers go hand in hand!!

Judy...good job on the 6 miles at a 9:42 pace.

Linda...The curls are a bit different on my new weight bench...the bench part incline and declines and when I do leg curls I have it on the lowest decline setting, then I seem to feel it only in my hamstrings...

Jackie...hope the DOMS is better today. I know, I do run in the Monday thing. Sometimes it is just nice when DH goes to work and I don't...:)..Good job with Slo-Mo C&B.

Posh...nice to see you...:D

Kath..it does take some time to get out of vacation mode...any pic's?

Dallas...I will be curious to see the stair pic's..That is cool about the gym and pager so you can run while DS is in daycare. Ahhh, sorry about the fat lip...cute story...:)..I like mondays as it is my day off of work and my DH goes back to work...:D...

My friend's Mom (Betty) has a blood clot behind her heart that they will try to get rid of slowly. My BIL (my oldest sister's DH) is also in the hospital as he had a perforated bowel and they did surgery to remove some of his bowel...when he complained about stomach pain my sister told him to find his way to a clinic...yeah, she is quite a piece of work...

I am doing some of GS Leg's standing and then trying iClimb 24 with intervals using EXT, JS and abs...I will be back if I survive...:D

Have a great day...:)

Morning Cheetahs!

I did not sleep well last night, but fortunately today is a rest day. I did get to sleep in, but I’m still tired. *YAWN* My stomach is still bothering me. Oh well, I’ll deal with it – it’s okay as long as I eat good stuff. I actually wouldn’t mind if that continues – my tummy bothers me if I eat crap.

Shelly – 3 more days left – eh? That must give you mixed emotions. I know it’s tough, but it’s where you’ve been for the last several years. It’s hard to say goodbye. You’re always welcome to double post to me. :p

Carole – of you course you love Monday’s – you have off! :+ Most of the time I think I’m better off not knowing what my dreams mean. :p I hope this budget cut doesn’t get approved either. This one makes no sense. Across the board cuts never do. I think we should re-invoke the car tax and base it on how many MPG’s your car gets. Too many huge SUV’s in the Bay Area. Oh wow! You’re friend’s mom and BIL will be in my thoughts and prayers!

Lorie – Oh, sounds like you might have had a few fun dates? You have to tell! I think schools are like any other business – you have to have the funds… And I think we, as a nation, need to spend more, not less on making sure our kids get a quality education. I’ll have to read that book. I like stories like that. Glad you’re feeling better and enjoying your coach!

Judy – good job on the run! With ETK I’m doing exercising is a book, too, and you’re right – put some rocking music on, and it’s not bad at all.

Jackie – Wow! First move in 30 years? There has to be a lot of clutter. Amazing what one can collect in that amount of time! Glad your mom is doing very well! Nice workout yesterday!

Thomasina – What a fun run! I like those, too. Sounds like you’re being smart about easing into marathon training.

Kath – I find sand in clothes and shoes for weeks after beach trips! It’s fun, though and always makes me smile. Enjoy your weather.

Dallas – I’ll have to trot on over to the yahoo group to check out your stairs. I hope thye don’t tear them down! That would be awful! Have fun with the final phase of P90X. Oh yeah, toys all multiply – they are like rabbits! Oh sorry to hear about the fat lip! Those are never fun!

Linda – Yeah, smiles on Mondays are tough! It’s good to fake it – pretty soon you’re believing it. :+ Older men are more stable in my opinion (don’t tell Lorie – I want her to enjoy her boy toy). I’ve dated both older and younger and decided I preferred older. Hope you enjoyed your rest day! Madison hasn’t destroyed anything lately, has she? :p

Gloria – Welcome! As a parent of daughters in school, I always appreciate teachers who enjoy their work. My DD’s have been fortunate to have some wonderful teachers, and I’m very thankful for them. Now, for the “Great Dog” award – you have some competition! :+ What kind of dog is Ellie? That’s a cute name. I hope you get in the NYC Marathon – that’s a cool one!

Cathy – I love your attitude and it’s so very true. If you THINK you’ll have a good day, you will. Glad your achilles is better today!. Only in California would they cut the car tax and hurt education. Even HIGHER education – these are State Colleges and Universities that are being affected, along with the high schools. We pay all that many for DD18 to go to a decent college, and still this happens. I also hear stories at the high school level from DD15 – and we live in an area with high taxes, but because of an old proposition, people that have lived in the area for a long time, don’t have to pay higher taxes (and it translates if the house is handed down through the family), so we have a lot of people paying low taxes and have kids in school, while we are paying for everyone. Only in California – I swear. I agree with you about Shelly. I think when she goes, she’ll take her energy and spirit with her, and the very lack of those will make a difference. Okay, done with my mini-novel. :p

Wendi – sorry you missed your workout! I hate oversleeping because the whole day seems to be one step behind where it should be. I hope you get out early!

Wendy – Glad you had a fantabulous day yesterday! Besides being “ICK”, scrapple is a breakfast “meat” served in South Eastern PA – it’s kind of grainy and mushy. My sister and dad love it, I won’t touch it with a 10 foot pole. :+ Enjoy your rest day – I know I will! Hope you get a good nap in! Sounds heavenly, actually. Have fun at MIL’s. Glad to hear you’ll have a two week break between your Mary and B2B. You can really enjoy that run. It’s definitely one you don’t run for speed or time – but to gawk at all the sights. :p I really don’t blame you for not wanting to fly to your first marathon.

Have a great day everyone! I don’t have the nasty customer call hanging over me, so I’m feeling more free.

Morning Cheetahs!

It was a late one here. I was up studying when I started hearing these horrible noises coming from the empty lot next to me. I looked out the window, but couldn't see anything. Then I started hearing people yelling. Our neighbors little dog was swooped up by a huge owl and attacked. :eek: Luckily, they found the dog and will be taking it to the vet today. Our other neighbor's dog was found several houses away and they assumed it was a coyote. I've seen this owl's silhouette in the tree at night. It's huge! :eek: DH said it was perched on our mailbox one morning when he was coming home from the gym. Poor little girl was crying at the bus stop. It was her dog. :( At least he survived and the parent's think he will be ok. :) Anyway, I still have to w/o. I plan on a treadmill run w/Grace and some glute exercises. My calves are a little sore from y-day.

Christine ~ Glad your almost on the mend. I guess the stairs will stay?? My neighbor said this AM that they will just remove the slides. Phew!!! :)

CArole ~ lol about your Monday's! ;-) Nice workout plan! Yep, I'm telling everyone DH did it when they see it (my lip) today. ha ha

Wendy ~ I'm going to do the Aug 10 half. My neighbor may even sign up, see how contagious it is!!! ;-) She brought me some info on a 10K trail race by our stairs and another 4 mile race coming up soon. I so hope I can do both. It's so hard on the weekends with the kid's sports. lol'd about your late night. Most times you never know when that will happen. ;-):+

Wendi ~ You have a lot planned today! Good luck getting it all done. :)

Cathy ~ Yeah, I don't think I'm mentally ready for a full. I've been mulling it over for some time, as you know. I'll know when I'm ready. I think getting out and running for the pure pleasure of it like Carole said and getting my mileage up is my plan now. I'll still meet w/TNT for the half training and go from there. I just want to make a definite commitment before I set up the webpage. I know donation can be rolled over to another race....so there's always a chance it could happen. It will all work out just fine. I'll be there with you either way!!! :D

Better get moving....BBL

Good morning everyone! Still neck deep in moving preparation but considering all that needed to be done we're doing pretty well and are on schedule:) The garage is pretty much done except for odds and ends. Today will be another purging ourselves of junk with a trip to the landfill:7 I had a pretty nice TM run yesterday with the Sprint runs Itread#13 and 19, got in 7 miles in about 57 min.:)
Later ended up doing B&G standing glutes&abs premix. Never did that one before and really liked it!

Christine- Sorry you didn't sleep well so it's good that it's a rest day for you! That article about different ways to use BBs you posted y'day was fascinating... thanks!

Cathy- Aw...you and Christine are making me blush with your comments about my being missed at work. I will concede to some of what you say though. My poor coworkers are going to suffer on their schedules I'm afraid. The gal taking it over from me is pretty ruthless:( Hey, that Bay to Breakers race that Christine is talking about does sound like great fun! If my finances are in order by then I'd love to go to that!

Dallas- I think just running for fun and increasing your mileage with no pressure of feeling like you HAVE to run a full mary is a great way to go!! When you do run your first full one I'm hoping it will be one I can do with ya too! Wow... that must be some owl!!

Carole- My last work night is a week from tomorrow :eek: :eek: :eek: Very hard for me to grasp! Re: your friends mom.. sounds like a pulmonary embolus which I deal with alot... most people recover from those without problems and do just fine. wooohooo. LOVE that circuit you are doing today!!!}( }( }( }( }(

Wendy- Congrats on getting a new personal 5k PR yesterday!!!! Gettin to be a speedy cheetah there! Hope you have a productive and happy rest day!

Kath- LOL about the sand in your sneakers yesterday! Getting caught up yet post vacay?

Linda- Did you have a nice rest day yesterday? Who's marathon plan are you following?

Gloria- Welcome to cheetahville!!!! We are very happy to have you join us! Northern Michigan? Must take alot of determination to get out there in that cold sometimes for a run!!! NYC is on my list of marys I'd love to do someday. Only ONE???? Marathons are like potato chips IMHO... very hard to do just one! If you make the lottery we'll all enjoy hearing about your training!!

Wendi- Holy moly workin girl... you are sure becoming one FAST tough cheetah on those long outdoor runs... so why the heck NOT are you planning on a race????? You'd do awesome! On a nice flat race like LONG BEACH ISLAND you'd easily go for 18 miles! :p :p :p :p

I believe that about catches me up. Time to head on down to the workout room. Gonna bang out HLK... love this one! I'll do 40 minutes on the EXT later today and get in some upper body work with 4ds!

ShellyC

Dallas - that is horrible about your neighbor's dog! Was the other one killed? Poor little things! I hope the poor little dog that survived is okay. I'd be crying at the bus stop, too, if it were my dog. No more letting the little guy out to do his business on his own, I guess! Glad the stairs are staying!!

Shelly - ooh! Glad you're interested in the B2B!! It IS a fun race. I've done it twice. The most interesting 12k you'll ever run - there is ALWAYS something to look at. Have fun with HLK - I like that one too. I just got the CIA's Tap Less and the one with Carlos doing more of a samba workout in a trade. Should be interesting. :+

Christine ~ Isn't that crazy!?!??! I didn't know owls could get that big!! The other neighbor says it sits in her trees and has the hugest claws. Oh my goodness!!! :eek: My neighbor was actually outside with the dog when it happened. :eek: I know I can't believe the little girl was going to school. Yes, sadly, the other dog was killed. That was only a few weeks ago. ;( He was another tiny dog. Who's great idea was it to live on a wooded lot?!??! :eek: :+

Shelly ~ Nice workout plan!! So you've mastered the HLK choreography? Need to work on that. That would be great to plan a race someday together, however you're much to fast for me.:p Remember my icon is "The Penguin". ;-) lol That B&G premix is probably the one I use the most. I like it a lot! WTG on your 7 miles y-day! :)

I did iTread #21 and when Grace started the cool down I kept running to get in 3.5 miles and then slowed down and got in .5 more. I then did GSL floor. Think my glutes/hamstrings will be talking to me tomorrow. I'll do some foam rolling a little later.

Have a good one everyone!

Christine...sorry about the insomnia and stomach problems...I am always surprised that my stomach can take alot! We have the same huge SUV's here...I wonder how they are liking the gas prices!! Thank you for your prayers.

Dallas...that is am awful story about the owl. I know in Calif if some animal is attacking one of your animals, you have every right to shoot it. I had a tabby cat that was attacked by an owl once...she survived all the stitches and was fine. I hope the dog that survived will be okay. Glad those killer stairs will stay...:)...Good job with iTread and GSL floor.

Shelly..I will join Christine and Cathy and say don't think for an instant you will not be missed...because you WILL! Good job with the iTread and B&G premix yesterday. Thank you so much for the encouraging words for Betty. She is so much like a 2nd Mom to me...I want her to be okay...sounds like a killer workout for you today!

Well the iClimb didn't kill me as it was only about 30 min of cardio, roughly 6 min of EXT and then 60 sec of jumproping. You get in a bit longer segment of jumproping near the end. So I added on the Jumpsnap 12 min intermediate workout...I am having fun with JS...:D

Good afternoon to all the beautiful Cheetahs!

Posh - So glad you and the crew had fun doing the 5K!

Gloria - Welcome to the den! Good luck with the lottery for NYC.

Wendi - Congratulations on that time for hilly 10 miles yesterday. You were quite the busy little cheetah yesterday. Glad you got a lot accomplished. Maybe you need to put that alarm clock way across the room.

Dallas - Ouch on the lip! Great that you will get the opportunity to run outside some. Legs are still sore. I'm just doing Slo Mo this week. I'll do 4DS again next week. How awful about the dogs being attacked. So how does TNT work?

Cathy - ITA on what you said to Shelly. One person can make a world of difference in an organization. I'll have to pay attention to that column when I get my next RW. DOMS has not left yet. Of course, Amy has added to it. Have a good run.

Wendy - Hope you had a nice rest day. Enjoy dinner at MIL.

Carole - I would enjoy my Mondays alone too. Heck, I normally only see DBF on weekends but I sure enjoy having a weekend to myself sometimes. Will say a prayer for your friend's mom. Your sis does sound like a character. But, you still lover her. :) Hope you had a good workout.

Christine - Sorry to hear you didn't sleep well and the tummy is still bothering you. Where do all these aches and pains come from. x( Enjoy your rest day and feel better.

Shelly - How many rooms do you have left to pack up? What an awesome run! I can see you moving, moving. LOL!!

Today's workout was iTread #5 40 minutes. Got in 4.1 miles. Didn't feel like pushing too hard today because the legs are still sore. Did Slo Mo shoulders and some stretching.

Gotta get back to work. Hope you're have a nice day.

J.

Wendy ~ I booked the hotel for Friday through Monday. I am awaiting consideration of my personal day requests. I put it in last week but it was considered too early. I really did not know if they would grant a Friday and a Monday back-to-back, and now it turns out, the official 08-09 calendar is out and that Thursday is a holiday. Hmm. So it’s still not quite solidified, but if all goes according to plan, I will fly out early Friday and leave Monday afternoon. One thing I really want to do while I am there is go visit Emmett Till’s grave.

Carole ~ me too with the running books. I refuse to part with them, especially the Sheehan titles. *lol* about your sister’s response to BIL. I wonder, how does a bowel get perforated? Hope he and Betty are on the mend with treatment.

Christine ~ love your idea for revamping the taxes…Regular gas is up to $3.40-something! Wonder how people with the SUVs can afford to hit the roads…Completely agree with you about faking the smiles…so true…Also agree with your comments about older vs. younger guys. I *always* dated guys older than me, but that’s changed in the past couple of years. Lately, I seem to be unintentionally gravitating to (and attracting) younger ones! I may have heard the term "cradle robber" a time or two lately. :)

Dallas ~ how very awful about the owl attack! Yikes!! I’m glad the poor dog is expected to recover. I had no idea owls went after dogs. Wow…I absolutely agree—you’ll know when you’re ready, and that’s when you have to go for it. I am sure you’ll do great on your HM.

Shelly ~ glad to hear all is going according to schedule…I don’t think I’ve ever tried that B&G premix, either…I do believe that even though you joke about hamming it up for the camera, you are far too modest!...B2B does look like a riot. We would so have to wear some crazy costumes! :7

Jackie ~ well, you are by no means a penguin, so I can see why the column never caught your eye! :) Wow, those are some hardcore DOMS. Your post to Shelly made me smile—now I’ve got that song stuck in my head.

Hey WT (or anyone else pondering [font face="comic sans ms" size=+1]Chicago[/font] ) ~ I just got an email today that registration is about to close. Now's the time to [font size+=1]DO IT![/font] :7

OK, I’m holdin’ out to hear a weather report here. The clouds are dark and ominous, so I’m weighing my choices here. If I don’t get outside, that means it’s either the treadmill or a switch-up with tomorrow’s plan.

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Jackie...thank you for your prayers....as far as THIS sister (I have 3) she typically does not live in the world of reality and rarely tells the truth....but hey, we sure cannot pick our family!!! That is good you didn't push to hard today with sore legs. You are making me think about going back to Slo Mo...:)

Cathy...Who is Emmitt Till? And you know, I have no clue how a bowel gets perforated?? Thanks for your on the mend thoughts...Glad you also "saw" my PM...http://smilies.sofrayt.com/eng/giggle2.gif[/img]

Well after many times of hearing "it is going to rain today"...it finally is!!! We need some rain badly...off to continue with laundrymax...

Got in a nice 3 mile run...feelin' great! :) Will do BOSU Blast abs in just a bit.

Carole ~ Uhhh, yeah, I think I saw a little too much! UGH ;) *lol*...Emmett Till was a 14-year-old African-American boy from Chicago who was visiting relatives in Mississippi, where he was savagely beaten and murdered by two white men in 1955. He allegedly whistled at one of the men's wives. The killers were tried and acquitted and then later sold their confession to a magazine for $4,000. They never did a day's time. It is a story that has always moved me, and I teach about it, too, along with the civil rights movement. So, I would like to pay my respects.

Good afternoon Cheetahs! Thank you all for the warm welcome!

I just got home from school. I like to relax a bit when I get home and then do a little school work after quiet time. The little ones get quite spunky when the weather turns pleasant.

Dallas: Thanks for the welcome. The lottery drawing is in mid June, so I will find out then. I can barely contain myself with this waiting! Uugh!

Cathy: Middle school is something! I always say that it’s an adventure every day with all the drama! I taught seventh grade for 3 years and then I got bumped out of my position due to budget cuts, so now I am in fifth grade. I do like both, but have to say that I’m better suited with the intermediate grades. Have a fabulous run this evening. I’m so tired at the end of the day that it’s hard to work out after school. I am a morning person.

Wendi: I have been horseback riding only a couple of times. Horses kind of scare me, but I would be willing to give the sport another try. People who like it REALLY are into it. I have a student who performs in shows. He’s very passionate about animas. That would be great to have you cheering me on in NYC!

Wendy: Thanks for crossing your fingers and toes for me! I’m doing the same. I just thought that if I’m going to do a marathon, I want it to be grand, and NYC would be just that. My husband and I have always wanted to go there.

Carole: Working out has been a passion of mine since I was 15 years old. I took an elective in high school called aerobics and weight training and we did some running. From then on I was hooked. I truly appreciate the warm welcome. I am sorry about your friends not doing well.

Christine: A great dog challenge I see! My dog is an original breed Irish Setter. AKC bred Irish Setters to be taller, like they are now, for show. I think that Ellie’s breed is technically called red setters now. She is only about 40 pounds and absolutely gorgeous! She is a bird hunter and our only child.  My husband is an avid sportsman, so we only go with the sporting breeds. Ellie is six now, so we are thinking of getting another one of her kind this fall. She needs someone to play with. She will act like Snoopy when she is in the mood and we think she needs a partner. Thanks for the welcome!

Shelly: I think that I would get hooked on marathon running, we’ll see. I have run three half marathons (Missoula, MT; Mackinac Island, MI, Ann Arbor, MI). I think that I have the mental toughness to conquer the marathon. I have been injured a few times and somewhat afraid of that happening again due to the physical impact of the marathon. It is COLD here in the winter, especially this winter! I stick to the Itreads on the treadmill and Cathe that time of year.

Jackie: I will find out in mid June if I am in for NYC. Thanks for the welcome!

This morning I ran six miles to Itread set 20 in 56:40. Tomorrow will be some kind of Cathe circuit. The only race on tap so far for me is a 10 miler in Grand Rapids, MI on Sept. 20th. I have been there once for a reading conference and they have a really good tapas bar there. I think I may be more excited about going there!

Have a great evening everyone! I’m happy to be part of your group!

:)

Hey Linda,
I just caught your post from yesterday. My DH and I have lived in Montana the last two summers. (he actually was there longer than I was due to work). I LOVE IT THERE!! We lived in Livingston, MT and he worked at Dan Bailey's. We live in Grayling, MI, home to the famed AuSable. He worked for Rusty Gates at Gate's AuSable Lodge. Now he is establishing a new business here in Grayling. Montana is AMAZING, isn't it!

Hiya Girls :)

Have a few minutes where I can check in. I'm so enjoying this warm weather NY is having. It feels great to have the windows open. :)

Today's workout was 5 1/2 miles outside on a trail. Felt great running. I think my hips are happy I'm done with the track at the gym. I also worked abs and did shoulder stuff.

I'm going to try to get to personals now. DH is out hitting golf balls. And DD is on her laptop. So I have a few minutes til one of them invades my space :)

Cathy: Are you starting a new running program? If so what one?

Judy: A golfer huh?

Wendie : Great run. Where did you find your Garmin? I'm thinking of picking one up for myself

Dallas: Ouch on the lip. How old is DS? Great run outside :)

Wendy: How's GH? :7

Well that's all I had time for.. He's backkkkk and very demanding mood. Grrr x( He is retiring from coaching and the word just got out so I think it's hitting him. He was promoted at work and his new position will not give him much time to enjoy coaching. So something has to give.

I shall return :) Promise :)

Cathy – That looks like a really good plan! LOL…yes, I have a lot of books! It’s almost like I think if I read it…..I will do it ;>) Enjoy your run!

Wendy – I didn’t really get sore. My lower back was a little sore, as well as my shoulders, for some reason???? I have been just trying to train for it slowly. I am just trying to keep adding a little bit to my long run and then backing off, and then increasing, and then backing off, etc. Enjoy your rest day and dinner at your MIL’s!

Carole – That type of bench sounds wonderful! I love to do hamstring curls, but I have not been doing them because of what has been happening. Mine is a weight station machine that has a standing leg curl. So….I think I tend to turn or something on my right side. Anyway…it is just awkward. Oh my! I hope Betty recovers! I also hope your BIL is okay soon! Did your sister think it was just a bug or something? Enjoy your workout! It sounds fun! Well…..should I say “killer!”!

Christine – LOL….yeah, we won’t tell her! ;>) No, Madison has been a good girl, so far! Bless her heart, she hurt her shoulder and we have to keep her in and give her pain meds for a while. I don’t know how she did it. Hope your tummy feels better soon! I have been eating crap! I have to stop it! Hope Kimo is still on the mend and that Jimmy is doing great!

Dallas – Oh my goodness! That is awful about our neighbor’s dog! That owl must have been absolutely huge! Enjoy your run with grace and your glute workout!

Shelly – I am not really sure which plan I am going to end up following. I am leaning towards Hal Higdon’s. My running buddy is having someone do a marathon training program that includes the other races we plan on doing in the training. So…we may end up using that. She is supposed to bring it this weekend for us to go over. I am anxious to see it. That was an awesome workout that you got in yesterday! Isn’t moving a pain???

Jackie – Great job on your run and SloMo Shoulders!

Gloria – Oh my goodness! That is so funny! We went to Livingston last summer when we went there! My DH said he has bought a lot of stuff at Dan Bailey’s! Actually, I went in there and bought a shirt. I ran along the Yellowstone at the park a few streets behind Dan Bailey’s. I have never been to Michigan. I’ll bet it will be wonderful there, as well! I wish you guys good luck with the new business! Yes, Montana is awesome! We are going again this August for a vacation. Can’t wait! Great job on your run this morning!

Kath – Good job on your trail run and abs and shoulders!

This morning I ran 4 miles and did GS C&T and Core Max #2.

Hope everyone has a wonderful night!

Linda

Good evening ladies!

Well, no potting of herbs or HSC tonight. I got out of work just a little too late for any of that, oh well. Also, my stomach has not been feeling 100% for the past 3 days, today being the worst, so HSC was not really high on my priority list. My only goal for today was to get little bits of food in me without too much complaining from my tummy. To quote "The Devil Wears Prada"..."I'm only one stomach flu away from my goal weight" lol! I did get home and trim all the dead wood out of my azaleas so at least I did *something*.

Wendy - Your DH and you have a wonderful attitude regarding competition...kudos! Nice to hear that you had a rest day today to recharge. Enjoy dinner at MIL's.

Carole - Awesome workout today! I hope your BIL recovers quickly...both he and your friend's mother will be in my prayers.

Christine - I hope the insomnia/stomach issues are a thing of the past. Thanks for describing "scrapple", I think...YUCK! Any more word on those proposed budget cuts? I hope you enjoyed your rest day!

Dallas - Holy cow!!!!! I couldn't even imagine how large that owl must be! I feel so sorry for the little girl, and the poor pooch :(. It reminded me of doing the winter show circuit in Florida...the gators usually snag a few terriers during the 12 weeks of circuit. It's such a horrible sound :( :eek:. Great run today! How's the lip?

Shelly - La la la la, *puts fingers in ears*...I can't hear you :p :p! J/K! Seriously though, I can't imagine running for 3 or more hours...I think I'd get bored to tell you the truth lol. Also, I'm still not sure I've heard the last from my left foot...I do feel a little *something* from time to time. I'm still in awe of you...kick arse workouts *and* trips to the landfill, you're my hero :7!

Jackie - Thank you...that alarm clock (aka my cell phone) *IS* going to go on my dresser, across the room, tonight. I will *NOT* miss my run tomorrow morning! I started using my phone because it was harder to program and, therefore, I had to be AWAKE to change it. I guess I've gotten a little too good at it lol! Great job running with sore legs...ouchie!

Cathy - Glad you got a nice run in! Oh I miss my BOSU...I hope I can break that puppy back out soon. What a tragic story about Emmit Till ;(...that kind of thing makes my blood boil. Gas is $3.70 around here...that's why I love working so close to Jersey right now, cheap(er) gas! The scary thing is filling up the truck (for hauling horses) as diesel is $4.75 right now...costs about $150 to fill the darn thing up :eek:.

Gloria - Yeah, horses become a lifestyle, not a career. That's probably why sooooo many of us burn out quickly, especially ME!! Best of luck to your student! I'm another early riser...love to get those runs in while the sun is rising! Great run this morning!

Kath - Oooh, nice trail run today...must have been gorgeous! Actually, I *wish* I had a Garmin. I come home and plot my run on gmaps. I used to do it before I ran but I got too hung up on my time/pace. Now I just make up the route as I go along, running only as far and as fast as I feel like that day, then come home and see how I did. So far it seems to be workin' for me *shrugs*. So sorry to hear of DH's retirement from coaching...that whole situation was utterly ridiculous.

Linda - Running along the Yellowstone sounds so wonderful! Great run/workout this morning!

That catches me up for now. I'm going to break down and try that Famous Dave's Tanner tonight and see how it goes. I'm very excited by all the wonderful reviews that I've read on the Cathe boards.

Tomorrow will be a run, not too long, not too fast. I'm thinkin' 4-6 miles, we'll see how it goes. I've decided to move HSC to Thursday because, for some reason, I seem to bowl better when I've done weight work that morning...go figure.

Nightie night ladies!

Linda,
It must have been Sacajewa Park where you ran(sp?), as that is right behind the fly shop. I have run there many times. Did you see the cool statue? Where did you stay? I worked at the Montana Rib and Chop House as a server/hostess last summer. What a cool town! Have you been to Bozeman? We lived right above the fly shop in one of the apartments. It was crappy, but free, so I will not complain. Did you go to the Murray? Fun place with lots of friends! My husband is carrying a lot of Bailey product in his shop.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.