::: CHEETAHS ::: Tuesday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Mornin', cheetah babes! :)

Thought somebody woulda started up this bad boy already.

Only one personal to catch up with...

Linda :: chuckling over enjoying my toga! ;) Hope you enjoyed your rest day yesterday.

I did 30 min. steady-state on the EXT, going backwards the last 5 min. Have a chiro appt. and dinner plans tonight, so I needed to bang it out early.

Have a great Tuesday, ladies! BBL, I hope.

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/stockingsmiley1.gif

Good morning to the cheetahs. Cathy, I checked in a little while ago and was surprised to see no one had started the thread this morning.
I was going to break down and do it but you came through:) :)
To those of you who asked yesterday I have started training for the Salt Lake City Marathon which will be April 19th. The course sounds beautiful and fast. DH and I will be visiting some friends who live there also and I've never been there so it should be fun.
Today will be pretty much a rest day... I'll just be doin some core work and stretching.

Have a great one y'all.

ShellyC

Hi Cheetahs :)

Cathy- Hi Five on getting that workout in early! Have a great dinner tonight. I hope you get what you want at Dicks Sporting goods with your 20$ card.

Shelly- What will the SLC marathon be like as far as hills and such? And the elevation?

Susan- Your cookie party sounded so fun!

Linda- That RW issue had different methods of workouts to improve. But I seem to get confused on what or if any to try. I am not training for anything. But of course I would like to be faster and more importantly injury free.

Wendy- I wouldn't weigh and measure after a holiday weekend either!

I was up last night with a sore throat and ear ache and sinus congestion and couldn't sleep. Spin class met at 5:30am, so I blew it off. I'll keep Ibuprofin & Zicam on board and hope to do a workout after I take DD to school.

It is time to leave. Hopefully I'll visit later Cheetah YaYas!

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Good morning Cheetahville!

I just got back from the gym. Yup, I said gym :D...my first visit to PF. I only had time to get 5 miles in after fighting with the TM for ten minutes over how hard I wanted to work. Silly me didn't know that you had to change the max HR manually...DOH! The place is very clean and VERY quiet...a welcome sight at 5:30am.

I missed checking in with you guys yesterday. Yesterday ended up being a rest day simply because I couldn't fit a workout in due to time constraints. I felt great though...no DOMS whatsoever from my "workout" the day before. SO took the day off from work and we just had a very nice, long day together. We don't get those too often.

Cathy - Good job getting your workout in early this morning. Plans after work? I hope you have a great time!

Shelly - Wow, a rest day! Are you feeling okay...J/K! I can't believe you're already starting up for your next mary. I hope you have a fantastic time with your friends while there. I guess you could say that today was my first day of training for my HM.

BB in a minute with the rest of my personals!

Judy - You sncuk in while I was rambling away. Smart to blow off spin class. Please take care of yourself and get well soon. Sending get well {{{{VIBES}}}}!

Time for another quicky check in:)

Judy- Hope you're feeling better soon and glad to hear you are resting!! The elevation at SLC is exactly what I live at all the time.... 4-5000 ft. There are some mild upgrades during the course, but LOTS of downhill:7 :7

Wendi- with your weather I'd be on the TM also! Glad your gym is a nice one. When is your half?

Cathy- have a good productive time at the Chiro today!

ShellyC

Cathy – glad to hear you banged out your workout this morning! WAY TO GO! Rome would definitely be interesting for a GTG – or maybe we should rent a villa together in Tuscany so we can run through the vineyards? Oh heck – we can do that in Napa… :p

Wendy – glad your lights did not go off!

Linda – I know – it is a nice dream to have a GTG in Rome. LIC is growing on me – I did not like it when I first did it, though. :p

Shelly – I do love Salt Lake City. It’s stunning. You answered my question already about altitude. I thought SLC was 7000 feet, but I must have faulty info. That sounds like my kind of marathon – I love running downhill. :p

Judy – I hope your feeling better! I don’t blame you for blowing off the 5:30AM spin class especially while you’re not feeling well!

Wendi – way to go with your visit to the gym! Clean and quiet is welcome at 5:30! Sounds like you had a wonderful day yesterday!

I think I'm going to do 4DS KB and LL this morning. It's rainy and icky here today. I have to hit Macys for a few stocking stuffers (why can't I just be DONE?) this afternoon and an office exchange gift. Enjoy your day everyone!

Sunny - DM cardio and TT...sounds like an awesome workout! It's nice to see you have a bit more time to breath these days, although I'm sure the cancellations are a PITA.

Judy - LOL about the scraper hunt. I tried EVERYWHERE (Sears, pharmacies, autoparts stores, supermarkets, Wally World, home improvement stores, truck stops, etc...NADA!) You'd think it would be easy but I was looking for a very particular snow broom/scraper like the one that I have that my SO just loves. I finally gave up and got smart and looked online, finally finding it at Sears' site (none in stock). I just hope it gets here in time.

Wendy - Count me in as one who has been swayed by Cathy's results }(! Great workout yesterday! Don't sweat the cards...we'll hunt you down for them, rest assured :p!

Lori - Oh, good luck on your hunt! I completely understand about not wanting to swallow $20 more for shipping. Were you able to get a workout in?

Christine - What a fabulous way to get a tour of Rome! I wuold love something like that! Wow, Christine, I'm surprised at you talking about your Pats that way :eek:! Nice mish mosh! Nice little workout you've got planned for today.

Carole - Awww, too cute! For some reason I thought she was bigger, I don't know why. She's adorable! I'm sorry you lost your satelite. Nice workout yesterday!

Susan - So nice to hear the cookie party was a blast! If I nibbled on cookies for that long I could do some SERIOUS damage :9. Great workout!

Jackie - Good job with BBC...I really need to bite the bullet and finally try it out at some point. I just like my Cathe's too much, I guess. LOL at the Beyonce comment :7!

Linda - LOVE your idea about a GTG in Rome...so what date should I leave open :p? I hope you enjoyed your rest day.

I think that catches me up for now. Please excuse me if I don't get here as often this week. Between what is going to be a very stressful work week (BIG horse show) and family arriving this weekend I'm going to be running my tush off trying to fit everything in. I hope to see you ladies tonight! Have a great day everyone!

Shelly - I think it's March 28. I actually just found out that my neighbor is going to do it too so that will be fun. I just hope I'm ready for it in time. I'm *thinking* that if I can get on the TM 3 times a week, about 20-25 miles for the next couple of weeks, then increase a bit after that, I should be okay. What do you think...I value your wisdom! TIA!

Good morning ladies! I'm so relieved that work is finally back to normal. Yesterday I was busy, but nothing like last week. Anyway, I'm in a great mood because today is the last day I work until the 26th. YEAH! I will be spending the next 3 days cleaning my house, trying out my new exercise DVDs for my Bosu, and catching up with you all.

Last night I was going to run on the treadmill after the kids went to bed, but my plans immediately changed when I saw my friend across the street being taken away in an ambulance. I went over to speak with her DH and to ask if their 10 yo DS would like to come to our house. It was around 8:30. Their DS played the Wii with my DH until a little after 11 last night before his aunt came to pick him up. I don't know all the details yet, but I should know something later today.

Anyway, today I won't be able to workout during lunch as I usually do. DS is having a special thing at school from 1-2 where the parents come in and make snowmen with their kids. I'm really excited about doing this with Alexander.

Oh well, I will have the next 3 days to workout as much as I want.

Well, I need to get back to work. I should have some free time today to come back and chat with everyone. WAVES to all Cheetahs!

Good Morning Ladies.

I decided to call out of work this morning. I am taking Joey to the doctor instead. He's had a cough on and off for quite some time now and it's recently got bad again. When I took him to the doc last time they said it's not big deal and let him ride it out. Well, he really never got rid of it. It just got BETTER but now it's BAD again. Better to be safe then sorry. I really don't want to spend Christmas Day in the hospital again!:eek: x( ;(

Aside from the doc visit, I need to get my tush to the post office and perhaps to Costco. We have run out of alot of stuff we usually buy from there so I'd like to stock up again. I prefer to go with DH cause it's easier but I don't know if I want to wait any longer.

I have a slight headache that I can't shake. It's so slight but yet still so annoying and I've had it since last night! UGH! I haven't taken anything for it as of yet. Why, I don't know!? I think it's time I do!

BBL!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...I would think that is right about the EXT. You would definitely use more core muscles not holding on. Sadie is fairly small...about 9 lbs! Is this the last week for school?...I bet the kids are going crazy!! Good job with Yoga last night. Way to go getting in your workout today early..so where is dinner??

Judy...probably good blowing off the workout, I got a very mild version of a cold so it was not bad. I hope yours leaves ASAP!

Wendi...way to go at the gym. I am sure most of those machines would confuse me! How nice you got a day with your SO...:)...Yes, Sadie is very small 9 lbs and she does look bigger in most pics. I am glad the channels are only my locals, so the rest of the channels work. Hopefully they will fix the locals Sat. So will your family be staying with you?

Christine...I was just as shocked as you the the Raven's lost to Miami...but yes, Miami has to win one game, so they can be tied with the Niners!!...:)...I spent about an hour talking to Direct TV yesterday...at least it is just the local channels that are out, they are coming out Sat to fix it. Good job with the LIC/LIS mish mosh yesterday...enjoy your 4DSKB and LL.

Wendy...I like the toe roll iso lunges too, and adding weight makes them burn. I think that is a good idea not going to work. Hope Joey is ok...I hope you can shake your headache too. Thanks for the cute card, my DH wanted to know if the dog on the front was yours!...LOL...

Kristi...I hope your neighbor is ok. How fun you will get to make a snowman with your DS! Enjoy those 3 days off.

Susan...glad to hear the cookie party was a success! Glad the hip is not doing too badly. Wow..just two more days til your trip!!

Shelly...I think my part of the relay is only about 8-9 miles, I will be fine as long as this does not get worse. Remember it bugged me during the whole HM in Vegas...:(...good luck starting your training...:)

Jackie...Sadie is a VERY pampered pooch. But also quite sweet...LOL about you jogging in place while Rich explained the moves...perhaps he loves his voice??...:)

Linda...I did enjoy my workout and hope you had a good rest day.

The floor guys came out and fixed the carpet/laminate transition...:)..now just a few more things my DH can do. I had a great massage and duh, my hip was tight, so I know I will need to do more stretching to keep this pain away. I have a few more X-mas things to get today, I will do a 3-4 mile run first and then 4DS Sho, Bi's & Tri's this afternoon.

Have a great day...:)

Good morning ladies!

Christine - Oooh yeah! A jog around Rome would be cool! Great job on your mish mosh! Did you see Macy's in NY will be open around the clock starting Friday until Christmas Eve?

Judy - Good job with your 6 mile run! Skiing sounds like lots of fun too. Wish I could do it. Almost ready for the holidays? Feel better.

Cathy - Sounds like you had a rough time with the acne. Glad you've had some improvement. I was never bothered with acne as a teenager but these days I'll get one big awful bump every now and then. Guess it's hormones. Even though I love my elliptical, I still prefer my treadmill for some strange reason. Wouldn't give either up though. Enjoy the chiro and dinner.

Wendy - I did 5 pull ups yesterday in honor of you. I really need to add those back in but I keep forgetting. I hope you get to take that weekend getaway. Definitely do the measurements before. LOL! Glad you like what you see. Hope Joey and you both feel better.

Linda - Yes, Bosu Blast is with Seasun. I can almost keep up with her. Think maybe Rich wanted to spend more time in front of the camera? ;) Hope you enjoyed your rest day.

Shelly - Think you will love Salt Lake. I love the coutryside out in those areas. Good luck with your training. Enjoy your rest day.

Wendi - Glad you enjoyed your first workout at PF. Glad you enjoyed your rest day with SO too.

Kristi - Enjoy your days off! Nice of you to offer to take care of your friends' son. Hope friend is ok.

Carole - I know you're glad to finally get the floors finished. Glad you enjoyed your massage. Enjoy shopping and your workout. Even though Rich talks too much, I still have some nice DOMS going on. Guess he's good for something.

Sunny - Got your card yesterday. Thanks.

Hello to all others.

I did BBC Butt & Legs plus 10 minutes of the cardio section, iClimb #2 - 20 minutes and a 20 minute yoga.

I haven't been sleeping well the past week. Didn't want to get up this morning. I've been waking up with trunks under my eyes. My bursitis hip has been aching some and that's part of the problem. Other times I'll wake up at 2:30 - 3:30 and can't fall back to sleep. What's up with that?x(

Have a terrific Tuesday!

Jackie

Hi again-

I have to thank Christine for mentioning Boot Camp the other day. I ended up doing it today, core at the end. I forgot how I liked all the KB segments. It was good for an "I do not want to work out" day. (not too taxing)

Carole- So did the massage loosen up your hips a bit more? The more we learn about injuries, the more we learn stretching is a key factor. I forgot to mention how cute Sadie is! She looks like she might be the head of the family! I have been trying to catch Waldo , the stray, inside and he has been pretty good at hiding. But when I got up at 3:30 this morning to take ibuprofin, I found him resting on a dinning room chair. And two of my kitties were also in the room. They appeared to be watching him very closely. It was funny. Thank goodness he knows to come in on these cccccold nights!

Jackie- I am sorry bout your sleeplessness.

Wendy- What did the Doc say about Joey's symptoms?

Kristi- have fun in the snow!

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Well, Joey's doc appointment is for 2:30 this afternoon. As a result he is down for an early nap. I am off to take a power nap and then hit the work out for today. I've decided on the 2 step work out premix from 4DS. My brain will surely be feelin' this work out just as much, if not MORE then my body!:eek: Wish me luck!:p

BBL!

Hey ladies,
I am SO excited! I got a gift in the mail from Cathe.com!!!! So, am I allowed to open it before I go on my trip or do I take it with me and open it there. I am not sure of the rules here;-)

Thank you thank you to whoever my cheethah santa is:)

I am going to do 45 minutes on the elliptical today and then some ab work. I have to work in my little ones class today and then am going to chevy's for lunch with friends. I see a BIG burrito in my future}(

Hope everyone is doing well and I will try to check back later.

Cheers!

BTW, Carole, thank you so much for the card you sent and the nice note.

Susan

I'm back.

Susan: You aren't supposed to open your gift until Christmas Day...but who would know if you cheated, right? ;) LOL

So the 4DS step premix puts LIS first. I wanted to get the learning process out of the way first with HIS so I did my own mish/mosh as follows:

HIS warm up
combos 1 and 2
(I attempted combo 3 for about 2 mins and quickly realized it wasn't happening! LOL I also didn't do the blasts as I didn't have patience to learn them either.YIKES!)
repeat combos 1 and 2
finished product through powerboxes after combo 2
LIS as produced but skipped the warm up

This took me almost exactly an hour. It was perfect. It wasn't all that intense cardio wise though and that was disappointing but I attribute that to not knowing the routines well enough to really put my efforts into the intensity w/o having to worry about the choreo. It will come with time...

And wouldn't ya know it...I had a headache when I started...it's GONE now! I *heart* exercise!:+

Off to shower and grab some lunch. By then it will be time to get DS ready to go to the doctor's. We have to stop at the post office on the way as well.

ETA: I forgot to mention...Legs and Back gets me EVERY time! My backside and upper thighs are on ***FIRE*** today! YEOWCH! Needless to say that last blast in LIS really got me good! Gotta love it!}(

BBL!

Jackie...I agree as the BBC's are good for DOMS, but Joey is more tolerable than Rich...:D...so sorry about the insomnia...I do somethimes take a Tylenol PM, but without the Tylenol (I forget what it is called) and I only take one but it seems to help a lot. Quite a good mish mosh today...

Judy...thank you, and yes Sadie is the BOSS of this family...:)...The massage was great for loosening up my hip/thigh. I am going to focus more on stretching and I did today. Funny about Waldo. Our 2 cats are sure wanting inside more with this nasty weather.

Susan...how fun you got your Cathe gift. Chevy's for lunch sound delicious!! You are so welcome for the card...:)

Wendy...I give you a lot of credit for trying with HIS, I think I have only tried twice, I do MUCH better with LIS. I am sure with more practice you will get thru all of it and forget it was so tough...so a bit of P90X DOMS today??..:)

I ran 3.5 miles in the wind and rain!! Felt my hip/thigh now and then but not bad. I did a lot of stretching when I got home. I then went out to shop...one thing for the bad weather is not many people are out yet!! Yippee, I am all done...:D

4DS KB and LL is done! Wow, I’ve been doing so many lower body workouts that are heavy weights, lower reps, that this one about killed me with all the daggone reps! But it was a great workout! Busy at work today, which is good.

Wendi – that will be fun to train for a half with one of your neighbors! Hey, I call ‘em as I see ‘em and the Pats played horribly on Sunday. :p Don’t worry about us. You do what you have to do. But I do have to ask – whose bright idea was it to have a big horse show right before the holidays. Hope you survive that and your relatives! My dad is coming in to town on Friday, but he’s low maintenance.

Wendy – oh, I hope Joey is feeling better. So much better to be safe than sorry. Go take something for the headache, and hope you get your chores done! Too funny about your brain feeling the workout as much as your body!

Kristi – I’ll bet you’re happy to be in “non-crazy mode” again! I’m relieved for you! Have FUN on your days off!! I hope your neighbor is okay! How scary for all involved! Have fun at DS’s school event – how fun! I do miss the days when the kids WANTED their parents to come to school – and the school put on such cute holiday events!

Carole – oh, my DH would be threatening to switch services, etc. Do NOT take away his ability to watch his team! I’m more like you – hey it’s only local stations – they’ll get here when they get here. Glad your floor is transitioned! Sounds like you have a great workout on tap as usual!

Jackie – Oh, I hope you start sleeping better! I go through cycles like that, too – and it’s a vicious circle. Hope you break it soon! Yeah, I did see that Macy’s in NY (and I think my local one as well) will be open 24 hours through Christmas Eve. I’m an early riser, but going to Macy’s at 4AM is just odd. :p

Judy – Glad I could help. I like BC – but you’re right – it’s not the most taxing workout there is – which is why I do it twice sometimes. That’s fun!

Susan – Oh, enjoy staring and shaking your gift! I say open it before you go – so you don’t have to carry a box! :p Two more days – how are you doing with packing? Enjoy your burrito!!! I’m jealous! I have a salad and a veggie burger for lunch. :p

Have fun everyone!

Good afternoon cheetah ladies,

just popped in to say (busy cheetah here) that i did a 45 min iclimb!

have a great evening to all!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.