:::: CHEETAHS :::: Tuesday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning, my cheetahlicious galpals! :) :) :)

Shelly :: you must have to have a great deal of patience for what you do…I have been wussing out on my outdoor runs, too. Rain & cold, I just don’t seem to tolerate anymore. I think part of the aversion has had to do with the fact that I have been spending my workdays freezing!!! *lol* I’m *very* grateful they fixed my heat. I needed a Monday morning self-pep talk, but yeah, I’m rarin’ to go now! :) And counting down til vaca.

Sunny ::
I will not be enabled by the ketteball talk.
*lol*

Yeah, I did still break out but less severe. When is your next appt.?

Wendi :: I was uninsured for one year after college and know how stressful that is! I also thought I was going to have to do COBRA when I had to quit my job for student teaching and subbing…I would have had to pay close to $300/month to retain my health benefits…but I lucked out and was able to stay on PT with my old boss. Anyway, just wanted to say I can commiserate...great scores! You have been tearin' up those lanes.

Judy :: does DH not think it’s a good idea for you to race?…Received your card yesterday…loved seeing faces to go with the names. You have quite an attractive family, but I must say, you look AWESOME!

Wendy :: so no T.G.I.M. from you, eh? :) *lol* about yoga, stretch, or snooze. You know me, girl. But I was a good girl and didn’t let myself fade away early. Too much work to do this week! :)

Christine :: I’d like to see if I can DEMO them, so it’s free! :) I really don’t want to put out any add’l expenses other than the lift tickets since I had to buy new pants this year. Can’t get away cheap with this sport!…So glad you ran pain-free! Got to be conservative with these things.

Lorie :: got your email and totally understand! Also received your card—thank you!

Carole :: did you get a reprieve from the leg pain doing EXT last night? My back’s a little tweaky right now, but nowhere near where it was in recent months, so I will just be somewhat more careful. How're things at the funeral parlor?

Susan :: congrats on the good news at the scales! Received your card yesterday—another lovely family photo. Your three little blondies are just way too cute. Love the striped sweater theme.

Jackie :: glad you enjoyed the movie…did you feel it warranted all the controversy it’s been generating?

Thomasina :: that’s great that you're close to your degree! Seems like a field where your expertise would be in high demand. I would love a Tahoe GTG…got to see what’s feasible for me post-Colorado.

Linda :: I’m usin’ that BOSU for just about anything I can…*lol*. Hope you enjoyed your rest night. Did I thank you for the card? I rec’d it the other day. Every day getting cheetah cards is a treat.

*Waves back* to Kristi. Feel better!

Last night I did P.M. Stretch, which is a 35-minute gentle, yoga-ish stretch that really lengthens. Felt great! I do have a little odd u/b DOMS (from my many :p pullups?) so those stretches were especially appreciated.

Tonight will be 4DS u/b premix (loved the different muscle pairings last week, so I'm going to do it that way again for a good toasty workout) + cardio TBD. I am really enjoying the flexibility I've granted myself with this rotation.

All right, girlies! Have a terrific Tuesday! BBL tonight to catch up.
[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/holidays/th_tomtebart2.gif

Good morning,

today will be an extremely busy day, hopefully i am able to fit in my planned workout of 4DSBC.

cathy- lol!!!

have a great day everyone!!

(yay, my cards are in the mail today, wooohooo!!)

Good MOrning!:)

I was MIA yesterday and the day before...just in case anyone noticed! LOL;) We went to a party on Sat night and we were in pretty slow motion on Sun...DH more so then myself. And yesterday I was kept moving:eek: Man, what a busy day! I did get a lot done but I still need to get to the post office with parcels, including the Cheetah present! Im hoping to get an express envelope so that they will get their gift in time for Christmas!
I did mail my cards yesterday though! And I am receiving them already! Not to mention, I received my gift, when did we say we were gonna open them?

Cathy** Have a good workout, whatever you decide to do. Its so nice to mix things up!

Sunny** HOpefully you will get a workout in today. I managed to get one in yesterday.

So Sun was a rest day and yesteday was a 6 mile run. Todays workout will be some form of cardio and UB.

I will check back in again tonight, there is something wrong with our internet at home.
Lori:)

of course, as usual, i had no time to come back for personals. i know i am such a slacker and it's so rude that i have not been doing personals. cathy knows just how busy this time is in the schools.

i got some beautiful cards from judy and susan and loved seeing their beautiful families. it has been so wonderful to receive all the cards. i am so glad we did the card exchange.

so...i spoke to DF yesterday. we had a very long talk, but there was a major happening. i told him that i wanted to break off the engagement (i think he was shocked that i did that). i told him that he has not been treating me like a fiance, let alone really a friend, and i did not feel that we should be engaged. i really believe it was the LAST thing he thought i would do. but, you know what, i did it not to shock him, but because it's what i want right now. he still wants to come see me this weekend and right now i don't mind him coming. actually, it will be good to see how it is to be around him. he said he wants to date and doesn't want me to date other people and still wants to be with me, yada, yada, yada. i won't cancel him out completely, but i just don't know if i can get past these last few things. i told him that these last couple of weeks, i had been acting out of anger and i did not like that. i did not like the person it made me feel like, i didn't like that energy in my life. i told him from now on, i was only going to act out of love, compassion, and respect. i am actively changing the energy around me. he has been angry and (i think) depressed but i am not going to allow his moods to control me.

anyway, i am doing such self-centered rambling and i am sorry. i just wanted to share with my cheetah women.

i feel like a weight has been taken off my shoulders. more that i have decided not to allow negativity in my life. i have way too much to be thankful for.

anyway, i would like to run today. most likely on the TM because it is so dark outside. it's going to be SEVENTY-SEVEN degrees outside today!!!

okay, my phone just rang and it was ex-DF calling to tell me good morning and to have a good run. hmmm...you aloways realize what you have when you lose it. i know he feels me slipping away when i have always been the one that holds us together.

okay, off to decide what grace and i will be doing today.

I PROMISE TO BE LESS SELF-CENTERED AND A MORE INVOLVED, PERSONALS-WRITING CHEETAH! I PROMISE!

love you guys!

Hi ya Ya Chetahs!

Lorie- I am so glad to read you post today. It is not self centered, I have been waiting to read how you managed your x-DF situation. Your vow to be positive is a great way to handle the situation. I am happy for your peace. I'm guessing you are done on the TM w/ Grace already. I'll be thinking of you when I hop on a bit later.... Thanks for the cute card!

Linda- I got your card too! Thank you :) it so fun to read cheetah ya ya cards!

Wendy- That is so funny that you call Joey Joester. I used to call my boys Nickster and Samster! I am not as dedicated at getting in yoga. Good for you for doing it!

Susan- I received your card too! Great picture! Those little darlings can not possible be the bickersons! ( although I'm sure you tell the truth.)

Did I answer about the ballet iTread combo? Any way it was OK for a different twist. It was done circuit style and the ballet moves are plies on your toes, legs lifts to the side, and a move that reminds me a bit of KM leg drills. They seemed and seemed effective, but no DOMS for me. There is a hill or two and I jogged it instead of walking.

today will be TM w/ Grace to be more time efficient. I may have to stop at 45 " to make sure I get in a good stretch. I also have tennis today.

Well I am all wrapped for now. I just have to get 3 birthday presents and wrap them and some stocking stuffers.

I am out of time. If I get back on at lunch I'll continue with more personals.

TTFN friends !

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Good morning fabulous Cheetahs!

So I feel like I've got the mojo working again. I got so much accomplished errand and shopping wise yesterday and then banged out Gauntlet this morning. In fact, I found it easier than in the past and increased all of the weighted work...thank you 4DS! Although, I still can't get all the way through the push-ups without my wrists quiting on me. I've tried everything I can think of...DBs, knuckles, fingers forward, fingers out to the side, half way on my fingers, on my fingertips, nada! I can't seem to find the solution. I often switch back and forth from DBs to fingertips but that's kind of a PITA.

I'm going to go jump in the shower and then I'll be back with personals. Hasta luego chickadees!

Good Morning Ch-ch-ch-Cheetahs!

Sorry, I have that darned Chia Pet tune goin' through my head right now for some insane reason! LOL

So I have cardio of choice on tap for today. It might actually be a run. No dinner at MIL's tonight since DS spent the w/e with them we don't feel obliged to go tonight. DH has something to do right after work so he won't be home until later. This is a great opportunity for me to hit the gym between 4-5 so hopefully it's what I do!

Cathy: No creative thread title this morning! What's happened!? LOL I tweaked my X rotation to alternate between endurance and strength training for legs so I get to do 4DS legs this week! I'm so excited!}( I will ofcourse be deviating from my "no iron" promise just for these work outs.:)

Sunny: Hope you can squeeze your work out in! You are wonder woman, I swear!!!!

Lori: So your DH was a bit hung over from the party over the weekend? }( Did ya talk really loudly to him all day!? :7 :7 :7

Lorie: (((HUGS)))

Judy: Hope you have a great tennis match today.

So I've gotten more Cheetahs cards in the past several days...I got one from Judy and from Lorie and Susan...I think that's what's come in. I am sorry if I am forgetting one.

Quick question: My Cheetah grab bag gift should be long delivered by now cause I got 3 day shipping on it so can the Cheetah who got the "mystery box" please raise her hand? LOl TY! :)

Oy...time to get ready for work again...PHBBBBBT! :p

BBL.

Hi ya Wendi! We were posting at the same time!

I know you've tried DB's which is the same basic idea but perhaps push up bars will help?? They have the new push up bars called "perfect push up" too! They've intrigued me but I don't want to be the guinea pig so maybe YOU should try them and let me know what they are like! :p :7

Good Morning Cheetahs!

I’m tired today, but that’s okay. I’m debating working from home. We’ll see. I think I’m going to do a mish mosh today – Step Box Cardio, KPC HI Drills and CK Drills. Took DD14 out for dinner last night – that was nice. I always enjoy spending time with her. She’s a sweetheart.

Wendy - Good job at getting in S&A. The BOSU during ARX must have been killer.

Linda – the iPhone looks like a fun toy. Everyone I know who has one, loves it. It’s the service that’s killer! Fortunately DH pays that. :p Hope you enjoyed your rest day!

Cathy – I’m with you on the vacation count down! I have almost two weeks off and I’m so looking forward to it! I don’t blame you for preferring to DEMO the skis. :p Yeah, skiing is a very expensive sport! We have a resort in Tahoe that’s not as big, but it’s also less expensive and the views of Tahoe are incredible. We go there often. Glad you’re enjoying your rotation!

Sunny – Good luck getting in 4DS BC!

Lori – Sounds like a busy Monday. Enjoy your UB and cardio!

Lorie – You’re forgiven. It’s not self centered at all! We don’t worry about things like that! I’m so glad you decided to concentrate on the positive. Funny how that works with people – that they realize what they had when it starts slipping away. Stay strong girl – I know you will. {{{{HUGS}}}

Judy - Good for you for being all wrapped up and with only stocking stuffers to go! I’m impressed! I’m unwrapped and wondering how I’m going to fit it all in! :p The iTread/Ballet combo sounds interesting. I’ll have to check it.

Wendi – Good job on Gauntlet and increasing your weight! I hope you solve your push up dilemma!

Have a great day all!

Wendy - you snuck in there! That song gets stuck in my head too this time of the year. You can only get those things at Christmas. Why anyone would want one, I don't know, but... Enjoy your time at the gym!

ACK! I've run out of time this morning for personals. I promise I'll be back tonight to catch up with everyone.

Have a great day Ch-ch-ch-Cheetahs...thanks Wendy x( :p!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...I took a rest day yesterday so no leg pain! LOL about the funeral parlor...I go back to work today...:)..enjoy your 4DS upper workout and cardio.

Sunny..I might just be last getting my cards out! Have fun with your 4DS workout.

Lori..sounds like a busy weekend, enjoy your UB and cardio today.

Lorie..sounds like you have come to terms with your DF. Glad to hear you are at peace with the decision.

Wendi...good job with the Gauntlet.

Wendy...funny about the chia tune...:)...have fun with whatever cardio you decide on.

Susan...congrats on the weight loss! Good job listening to your body and taking it easy.

Christine...ha, about the Ravens, I have never liked Ray Lewis...I actually like most of the teams, just a few that I don't...:)...LOL about Jimmy's reaction to the tree coming indoors...your mish-mosh today sounds fun.

Tomasina...well I certainly won't kick you off the cheetahs boards for your Football views...:D...I will consider SLC if my leg pain goes away...

I ended up taking a rest day yesterday. I might do this once a week to help with the thigh/hip pain. I uncluttered my PC room which was mostly DH's stuff, so it is now in the garage!!I am also going to try and get some X-mas cards out as I tend to procrastinate. So today will be my missed workout, GS legs standing and 40 min on the EXT..

Have a great day...:)

Good morning Cheetahs!

Christine - Glad you were able to run without pain. Sounds like you have a good plan. I'm really enjoying Slo Mo and it has such a variety. I like that she found some different muscles to make sore.

Thomasina - Did you get any decorating done? Hope you got a little extra rest last night.

Wendy - Nice idea to use the Bosu with ARX - more torture for you. It's probably the fighting in The Golden Compass that would make you think twice about taking kids. Don't really remember seeing a lot of kids there either.

Linda - Rested up for a killer workout today?

Cathy - I'm not up on the controversy surrounding The Golden Compass. I really didn't think it would be one I wanted to see and I did enjoy it more than I thought. You are really getting the stretching and yoga in these days.

Sunny - Hope you can squeeze a workout in today.

Lori - Sounds like you had a fun weekend and you have a busy week too. Good job on the 6 miles. Have a good workout today.

Lorie - So glad you are able to take control of your situation. ((((HUGS)))) to you. Remember, things will work out for the best. Don't blame you for wanting to get negativity out and move on.

Judy - Thanks for the review of the ballet itread workout.

Wendi - Great job with Gauntlet. My shoulders seem to give out with push ups before my wrists. Hope you find something that works for you.

Carole - Glad the rest day helped with the hip pain. Too much running you think? Have a good workout.

Susan - Thanks for the card. You have a beautiful family.

I did Slo Mo Legs and Core premix and the all interval premix from Hi/Lo Dome Challenge. Like Amy's stretches.

Gotta get to work. Enjoy your day!

Jackie

Good morning cheetahs! I had a fun workout day yesterday after my nap. I ended up doing 4DS double crdio and KCM's Cardiofitness premix of cardio+abs. Got in a good sweaty 30 minutes on the EXt also. Well, the snow is all gone here... had rain yesterday but the highs will only be 34 today and there will be more snow later:7
I received cards from Jackie,Wendi,Linda,Susan, and Kristi- thank you so much cheetahpals! It is such a lift to get these!!!!! I got mine off (finally) yesterday.

Judy- Well, I checked out the Pinebeach5k website which I ran last June with Wendy and Cathy and whatdoyaknow... it's scored by Compuscore and your DB!!! Maybe you could do this race next year with us???? June is a long way away and you've got lots of time to get your DH and other family members used to the idea;-) Just puttin the thought in your head! I also wouldn't mind doin a race in NY if it's too far. Have a great TM run with Grace today.

Thomasina- I never did understand that rule about headphones on races where the traffic is controlled. What's the big deal???
Anyway, if you do the SLC half I can run with you for 6 miles at least and that would be way cool!!! I'll be going at a slower pace since I'll be doing the full so I'm sure you can "keep up";-) and
there will be no need for a kiddie leash:p

Wendi- The temps during the summer here are comparable to what you get on the East coast. It's pretty mild all around here. We don't get the oven temps that they do in Phoenix... elevation here is too high. Also, this is HUGE horse country. All of my neighbors and most of my friends have horses on their properties. Wanna relocate? (LOL) Glad yo got your mojo on today... great job with the Gauntlet. I was going to suggest the perfect push up thingies but Wendy beat me to it. They rotate with the movement to reduce stress on the wrist. Sounds perfect for ya.... I know.... another fitness gadget to buy!!!

Christine- I ended up going to UPS instead and was the first one there in the morning.... so no lines and I saved money as well!
I can just picture Jimmy's expression when you brought the tree in the house.... priceless!! Congrats on a pain free run!!!!!!!
Good strategy for getting back into it gradually. How nice that you have the option to work at home. Do you think they would send my patients here to me if I didn't feel like going in? :p (sigh)

Carole- You mean you normally don't take a weekly rest day? I never noticed.... I'm surprised! Even crazy old Shelly here takes one (usually). I sure hope your hip problem resolves before your Marathon relay. I'm so jealous you are doing that! I'd love to do one someday. If there is a relay coming up you can't find a member for maybe you could talk me into a trip! It's been a long time since I've visited Ca.!

Wendy- I'm really surprised that they continue to have races there in the winter! All the races here in the winter are down in Phoenix where the temps are in the 70s! All power to you if you decide to go for it. Youre a tougher cheetah then me! Have a great gym day!

Hi Linda!!! What's on tap for today?

Cathy- Don't they heat your school??? :p I do love the 4DS series in that it is so versatile!! I reach for it alot.

Sunny- This is a busy time of year! And you are a busy busy lady anyway:eek: Don't know how you manage to fit it all in! Hope you can squeeze in the BC today.

Lori- Yes I did notice you were missing a coupla days and missed ya!! Glad to hear all is well with you and that it's just busy time of year.

Lorie- I was very heartened and encouraged with your post re: you ex-DF. Sounds to me like he's angling to get the best of both worlds so to speak. Wants to have you seeing only him and a relationship without the commitment! I love your attitude!!! Please don't be concerned about appearing self centered with your postings. MY goodness girl, you've been through the ringer and then some. You are entitled and no one thinks for one minute you are being selfish.
We're glad to be here for ya!

Hi Kristi!!!

I think I'm about caught up now. Heading down to the basement for some B&G!! Later today, when it warms up to 35 degrees I will brave the cold and head out for a 4 mile run. If I wimp out it'll be the TM.

ShellyC

Hello ladies,
I am SO cold this morning. I am such a wimp! It is is 43 here. I don't know how I am going to handle Chicago temps in a 9 days}(

My workout today is the elliptical for 45 minutes and then Rodney Yee's Power yoga total body dvd. I ran yesterday for 3 miles and did abs.

Cathy, Enjoy your weight workout. I have not tried that premix yet. When do you start your xmas break ?

Sunnydelite, it is great feeling getting all those cards done. Hope you can get your workout in today:)

Lori, I put off going to the post office until the last minute. I hate that place(LOL)! Great run yesteday!

Lorie, it sounds like you did the right thing. Life is WAY too short to be unhappy and to be treated poorly. You deserve better than that. Maybe this will open his eyes and make him turn around. Good for you for taking action.

Judy, yes those are the bickersons. Looks can be very deceiving}( But with that said I can't IMAGINE my life without those 3 little girls. They are truly my heart:)

WEndi, I have found that the 4DS has really increased my upper body strength. I did PUB the other day and usually it is pretty challenging and I pretty much sailed through it. Gotta love it!

Christine, Sounds like a good little mish mosh you are going to do. Glad you got through the run yesterday with no pain:) I think that would be lovely to go out as a couple sometime:) Oh and thank you for the card and the kind words.

Wendy, I swore I would not do any weights for a few weeks to let my body have a break, but I am reading all of your weight workouts and getting kind of jealous(LOL)! I may not last. I need to start hanging out with underacheivers instead of you guys(LOL)! I gotta start keeping up}(

CArole, good girl for taking a rest day. I hate all this injury crap. It can really put me in a mood. My hip is feeling a lot better, but I am so stunned at all the injuries I have had this year. I have been working out for 20 some years and NEVER had a one injury. This getting old stuff is the pits(LOL)!

Jackie, you are welcome. I am really enjoying getting the mail everyday!

Shelly, it is getting cold here too. Don't you love having the treadmill as an option instead of freezing your hiney off. Enjoy butts and gutts. I love that one and the time goes so fast. Do you have any special plans for Xmas or are you staying put?

well ladies, I am off to get the workout done and then I have to prepare for the cookie party on Saturday.

Have a great day friends!

Susan

Hi Susan! ooooooh a COOKIE PARTY???:9 :9 It's my one sweet naughty edible I have a real weakness for. As usual on Christmas Eve I'll be working. I almost always do to let the mothers of young ones stay home. I'll take a quick nap and then go over to my parents later in the day for gifts, etc.

Congrats on your weight loss and have fun on the EXT today and with Rodney. I've tried his yoga a couple of times but he is so calm and sedate, it's hard for me to keep my focus with him.

I finished B&G- the allaround legs premix and also added the IMAX3 blasts.

going out soon to do some shopping (not Christmas- done with that!)
at Costco w/ DH.
tata

ShellyC

Carole – sounds like a good idea with the rest day. I so hope your hip feels better soon! So, you cleaned up your PC room with the leftover energy? :+ I like the Ravens, but Lewis is another of those who like Vick should be banned from the sport. So, I agree with you on him.

Jackie – I was very excited to run at all. It was only 1 mile, but hey, that’s 1 more mile than I could run before. I’ll just take it easy! You did the two workouts I’m dying for! I’ll get them soon enough, I guess!

Shelly – wow! That’s a great workout you had yesterday! I remember the snow in Albuquerque lasting until about noon, then disappearing. At least you’ll get some back today. I do love the desert in snow (as I said before!). Smart woman on the UPS and EARLY! It’s the only way to do anything this month! I could just imagine your house lined with hospital beds. :p Enjoy your run! Dress warm!

Susan - Glad you got the card! I love your family photo, by the way! My DD14 told me that you’re beautiful and you have a nice family. That would be fun to go out as a couple! We could meet part way. We’ll have to think about it in the new year! I’m cold, too!! I took the dogs out at 5AM and stood there and shivered while they did their thing.

Well, I’ll move my mish most to Thursday. I started reading threads on the VF forums about iCycles and downloaded 2 (21 and 23 – the 30 min. sprints and intervals – not sure which is which!) and did them. They were fun! I liked the sprints one better than the intervals because he doesn’t quite have the concept of Intervals down, but that’s okay. It was still fun. :+ I am working from home today. I think I need to figure out how to turn the stupid heater on. The thermostat we have down here is ridiculously complicated! Anyway, I’d best get back to work.

Shelly - Glad you enjoyed your workout yesterday. More snow, huh? It rained all day yesterday but the sun is shining today. More rain called for tomorrow. Did you go out and run today? I'm working on Christmas Eve too so that the ones with kids can have the day off. I'll probably only work half day. It will be really quiet.

Susan - Take lots of big coats with you to Chicago. I can't stand those temps too long either. I don't like being cold at all. Of course, they have the AC on here today. What kind of cookies will you be baking?

Christine - I like Amy more every time I do her workouts. She's lots of fun and she has given me a sore body. I'm still afraid of her high impact workouts though. Glad you enjoyed your new iCycles.

Have a good evening.

Jackie

Hello Ladies,

Very busy at work today and had to use my lunch hour for errands so I just wanted to say howdy and I’ll try to post personals later this evening. But I have to comment immediately to Shelley that I’m LMAO!! OH you wanna bet? There’s nooooooo way I can keep up with you UNLESS I get to use the baby leash! :p :+ LOL

K, be back later ya’ll

Thomasina

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.