Cheetahs Tuesday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Mornin' Cheetah Babes.

Cathy, where you at girl? :)

I don't have any personals to catch up with so this will be short and sweet.

My joints have been adequately oiled since Sunday's race so I have B&G LB premix on tap for today along with some kind of ab work. I am considering suiting up and tackling it shortly. We'll see if that actually happens or not! LOL

Have a great day!

Good morning, Wendy, and everyone! :)

Wendy :: I was waiting for someone else to start the thread and was getting ready for work in the meantime...I understand about the training situation and wanting to keep them motivated. Maybe just gently make them aware that switching up is an inconvenience for you as the mom of a wee one. I'm sure they will understand that and be more mindful...Enjoy B&G and the abs. Mine are STILL hurtin' from Sunday's ab work...Got some lingering DOMS in the tri's from Keith, too.

Tonight will be 4DS C&B plus cardio TBD.

Have a GREAT day, ladies! Gotta jet. BBL this afternoon.
[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]
[font face="comic sans ms"]http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_sunshine.gif

Good morning lovely cheetahs. Busy nite at work so I only have time for a quicky post but I have tonight off so hopefully after a nap I can check back in and catch up some.

Hi Wendy! Wow, doing B&G so soon after your trail race! I am impressed with your recovery!

Cathy- I bet that cardio TBD ends up an iClimb;-)

I ended up doing abs from KCM's cardio sculpt and AllBodyAttack then some good stretching w/ Stretchmax.

today will be a 3 mile interval run and then some yoga:7 :7 :7

ShellyC

Good Morning Cha-cha-cheetahs!:)

How is everyone?

When I got home last night DS was waiting for me in the window. BY the time I got in the house, he was crawling across the floor as fast as he could go! It was so sweet! Atleast someone is happy to see me when I get home:+ He only had a 30 mins nap yesterday though so he wasn't in the best of moods and went to bed shortly after I got home. Oh well, one more full day and then I am off with him until Fri night.

I did Day 1 of my rotation last night. 4DS Bic,Tri,Shoul and a 5 mile run. After the run I hoped in the shower, jumped in the bed and did snoozeaerobics:p I thought I was going to have trouble falling asleep considering I just finished running but I was asleep by 10:20.

Wendy** Enjoy your workout!!

Cathy** Have a good day at work. Yes, its very weird seeing someone else start the thread! LOL

Shelly** Hope you get some shut eye! Have a good workout!

Thats it from moi. Of course I will be able to check in through out the day. My boss wasn't here very much yesterday and I am hoping for the same today:)

Lori:)

Greetings YaYa Cheetah Sisters!

Thomassina- I am so impressed that you did all those races this year! Since you had the self discipline to accomplish that you will lose the weight with the same discipline! Welcome back out of lurkdome! don't worry about all the personals. It can be time consuming.

Wendy- I can be sticky getting strict business wise with friends. ((hugs)))

Cathy- You have a great rotation planned! Between that and your WW eating plan, you have it all together girl! ... I only recently started with the iClimb on the EXT. I have also used Cardio Coach on the EXT and done my own thing. Although I prefer some sort of audio coaching these days.

Lori- How sweet to see DS in the window waiting for you!

Lorie- Yup, Grace is such a great coach !

Christine- At least you have the option to get tall enough clothes with VS. But you think they would reward you once in a while for being a faithful customer.

Shelly & Carole (and all seasoned racers ) Advice please. Since I am doing my first real 5k on Saturday. How much should I run this week? (I have been running 16-20 miles per week) I did spin and legs yesterday. And I am running 3-4 miles today. Thanks for any suggestions. :)

Hi Linda! Spin class was fun and intense and it ended up with pyramid push ups 5-10-15- and then SLOW triceps push ups.

TTFN Cheetah Ya YA sisters!

Judy

Hey Ladies!

B&G LB premix + the stability ball ab work is DONE! I love when I actually have the motivation to get it out of the way EARLY! :D

Gotta get ready for work now.

BBL!:)

Good morning Cheetahs! Last night I fit in a great 3 mile interval run. It was tough. Today will be upper body weight training, not sure what I will do yet.

Thomasina – Great job on earning that medal. That is awesome! I have weight I’m working on losing too, 25-35 pounds. If it is gone then I will be able to run my April HM faster. I’m sure you will get the weight off. You sound very determined!

Wendy – I just noticed I stopped mid sentence in my post about DH taking glutamine. That is what I get for posting at work and getting constantly interrupted. Sorry about that. That does stink about your BF and her friend canceling. On a bright note, I hope you enjoyed your “me” time after DS went to bed. I love those too. Good luck tackling B&G LB Premix. I can’t wait to see your race photos.

Cathy – I love getting packages in the mail. Have fun previewing your new DVDs. I’m so glad to hear you are loving your EXT. You are so sweet! I do have 25-35 pounds to lose. It is hard to tell because of what I am wearing in the pics. I’ve gotten really lazy with my eating this year, even though my exercising has been okay. It is all about diet which SUCKS!  I can’t believe Jenny was sent home last week too. She would have put on a better performance than Marie did last night. I just hope Marie doesn’t win. I loved Helio’s dances. I think he should win, but I will settle for Mel winning too. She has really improved tremendously since the beginning of the show. However, I didn’t like her freestyle last night. It didn’t flow well. Re: the old threads, I wonder why someone is pulling those up. I guess they are trying to create animosity on the forum. Re: your rotation, it looks great!! I love how you have your workouts all planned out.

Linda – I’m glad you weren’t hurt badly. A mother at my kid’s daycare once lost her footing while running on the treadmill and broke her arm. She also had what looked like a rug burn on her face from the belt.

WAVES to all cheetahs. Sorry I have to post and run. I need to get some work done. I'll try to BBL to catch up with everyone.

Cathy – your rotation looks great! I’m impressed! I’m anxious to hear your reviews on the new workouts as well. Enjoy your day!

Wendy – I’ll be doing the B&G LB Premix and abs as well today. Good job in getting it done so early! So, we’ll be sisters in pain together. Glad you’re well oiled! :+ The training situation is challenging. I don’t have advice, but I’m thinking of you.

Shelly – Enjoy your 3 mile run (that will probably feel like a warm up to you!) and your yoga.

Lori – Oh how sweet! Nothing like having your DS so happy to see you! I love it! Glad you get to spend some time with him soon! Good job with falling asleep!

Judy – I got the pants and will be returning them. They look like something my DD18 would have worn in 8th grade (skin tight – and designed to be that way – ick). The certainly did not look that way on the model! Glad you enjoyed spin class! OUCH!!!

Kristi – Enjoy your workout! And you and Thomasina are not the only ones with weight to lose, but I’ve just about given up. :p I love food too much, doc says I’m healthy as a horse and a good weight for me, and DH loves me any shape… So, weight loss is strictly for me and my desire to wear clothes and look cute. :p

Today is B&G LB and abs, like Wendy! Then it’s off to doggie day care with Jimmy and shopping over lunch! I think we’re taking a friend and his wife out for his 76th birthday. He has an aneurism and lost much of who he was (it’s very sad, actually), and his wife is still caring for him now – and she does so much for us with the dogs, etc. So, we’ll take them out for dinner to their favorite Mexican restaurant.

We almost ended up with another puppy last night. I showed this guy to DH, and he wanted him so much. I was shocked. This is the man who said, “NO MORE DOGS!” I guess he feel that if we already have Jimmy, we may as well have another. But, with Kimo still around (and hopefully around for a long while), we’ll wait. But isn’t he just the cutest? His name is Sunny…

http://www.geocities.com/girlspage_libby/sunnieboi.jpg

Have a Sunny Day everyone! :+

Good morning lovely ladies!

It's the slacker cheetah, reporting in after a couple of days. I'm so sorry I've been out of the loop for the past couple of days. I've missed you all. I miss offering up congrats when they are *very* well deserved (YAY WENDY!!!!) and I miss the comraderie and support that each and every one of you offer. This really is my refuge, my pillar of support.

I realized, more than ever, how much this group means to me over the past few days. I had a very unmotivating bunch of days between being sick and being told repeatedly by my boss that I got sick because I'm too fit and that I really need to be careful because it's just not healthy to be fit...WTF!?!?! That, coupled with having a little extra down time from work, led me to an eating binge that you wouldn't begin to believe. I ate so much $#!t I actually made myself sick and shaky...but did that stop me from doing it again, NO! I've gained 4lbs in the past four or so days. I should have come here and even just read through the threads because whenever I am lacking in motivation you, ladies, are the ones that push me to the next level.

I made a vow with myself to *NEVER* let that happen again. I hate the way I feel, physically, when I eat like that and I don't workout. I've learned, the hard way, just how important this group is to me. Thank you!!!

So yesterday, even though I was still feeling a bit under the weather, I decided to start again, slowly, with no cardio. I tackled B&G Overall Legs for the first time...that's quite a little burner! I also got back on track with my eting and felt so amazing the rest of the day...a feeling I had missed this past week.

This morning was 4DS Low Impact Circuit...fun little workout. Again, I'm trying to take it easy on my lungs until this cold is completely gone. I am hoping to run tomorrow if I'm feeling 100%.

I will try to get back later for personals...I'm so sorry about this very one sided post. I have a long day at work and then a ton of errands to run afterward but I *will* get back here tonight.

I love you guys!! Thanks again!

Hope you feel better soon Wendi! I hate when I get into a funk like that. Glad to hear you are clawing your way out, bit by bit. Your boss is full of crap and don't you listen to him/her. {{{HUGS}}} Welcome back!

Christine - He is the cutest puppy! No wonder DH wants to keep him. What a cutie! What's one more to love. :) LOL

Oh, I don't know. I love my dogs, but two of them under 1? If I were able to work from home or something - or work part time, maybe, but even then ... I think I'll stick to one puppy at a time!

Good morning cheetahs

Wendy..thanks...sorry about the training snafu last night, I can see how that could get irritating. Have fun with the B&G workout. I love that stability ball ab work.

Cathy...Thanks...:)...I
got this in light turquoise http://tsa.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p3477487reg.jpg and these tights http://tsa.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p3477447reg.jpg except for the green part in my tights is a grey mesh. I was in dire need of some new tights as I have run in the same ones for a very long time, they do hold up well. Your rotation looks great!

Shelly...enjoy your interval run and yoga.

Lori..what a sweet story about DS crawling to the door to see you!! Good job on the 4DS workout and 5 miler before bed.

Judy...you could probably keep your mileage the same, just use the 5K as your speedwork day and don't do any other type of speedwork before the 5K.

Kristi...good job on the 3 miler last night.

Christine...I am glad KD went peacefully too. It did make me think of my dogs gone and that she is with them now, and of course Tucker...:)..How sweet of you to take your friend out for his 76th B-Day. Mexican always sounds yummy! Sunny is adorable, I bet so hard to resist.

Wendi...your boss is nuts...sick because you are too fit?? I know a lot of us ate lots this last weekend, you will get back on track. Good job with B&G yesterday and then LIS today.

Tomasina!! Congrats on the Rock Star medal!! I do hate that weight gain slows us down...:(..I have been trying to get some speed back myself. I bet taking the before pics will give you some motivation...Good luck with the Cathe rotation and come back and check in when you get time.

Linda...Thanks, it seems easier to do this when it is not your own dog. No matter what it is still sad and still tugs at those heart strings...

Jackie...I know that massage helped a lot. I will definitely use the roller for the next few days and I might take it to LV. Getting new workout gear is fun...

My muscles felt so good doing LIC yesterday afternoon. I am planning on a 4 mile run today. I will use the roller and stretch out before going. I might also do a short yoga workout.

Have a great day...:)

Good morning Cheetahs!

Cathy - Your rotation looks good! Glad to hear Keith gave you some DOMS. He's good!

Wendy - Sorry to hear BF and friend are not as dedicated to their workouts as they should be. Don't you wish you could just shake people sometimes and tell them to wake up and smell the coffee. My sisters are like that. They can diet with no problem but I can't convince them that a good workout routine is something they need to have. Oh, well.:-( Glad the joints are feeling better.

Shelly - Enjoy your night off and your run and yoga! Tapering on down, huh?

Lori - Imagining your DS in the window. Bet that was a cute picture. Good workout! Glad you got a good night's sleep.

Judy - Whenever I've run a 5K, I do my normal runs and just put a day in between for cross training or a rest day.

Kristi - Good job on the 3 miles. Enjoy your UB workout today.

Christine - Have a good workout! Enjoy dinner with your friends. The puppy is too cute. You'd better watch out or you may be adding to the family.

Wendi - Sounds like your boss has problems. How can you be too fit? Don't let him bring you down. Sorry you haven't been feeling the greatest lately. Sounds like a good workout was just what you needed.

I did Amy Bento's Hi/Lo Dome Challenge 58 minute premix. I like the workout and I'm glad I chose to do a premix. This one consists of some of the intervals and combos and they are repeated about 3 times. Then the dome work comes at the end. She does have some tricky choreography but this gives me a chance to pick up on the steps. Loved the dome work and stretch at the end. I like Amy's style and see her only getting better with time. Love giving my brain a new challenge after all of the running.

Have a terrific Tuesday!

Jackie

Carole - We were posting at the same time. I like the new gear. I'll bet it's pretty in turquoise. Sounds like you're already for your race. Have a good run today.

Jackie

Good morning ladies,
I am in a bit of rush today. I am going to do the elliptical for 40 minutes and then some ab work. I am then off to work in my little ones kindergarten class and then I have to go do some xmas shopping. We are leaving on the 19th for Illinois and I want to mail everything there before hand, so I have to get all of my shopping done NOW!!!!!

I will hopefully get back for personals. If not, I will get cha all tomorrow:)

Cheers!

Susan

Carole – I like that shirt and those tights! You’ll look styling! I love Mexican food, so I’m not too upset. :p Actually this couple has been wonderful to us, so I feel it’s only right. They call Jimmy and Kimo (and Tucker, actually) their adopted Granddogs – and Frank, even though he cannot remember a lot, remembers Tucker. It’s pretty amazing. Enjoy your run!

Jackie – I like Amy’s style too. I’ve been wanting her Hi/Lo Dome workout, but it does not make sense right now, as I need to be careful with impact, so I’m holding off. I agree that she will get better with time, too. I’d better not add a new family member. Adding a puppy is like having a baby for the first 3 or 4 months. And with having Jimmy, it would be like having a baby when I had a two year old already. I’m too darned old for that! :+

Susan – have fun shopping! Sounds like you got in a good workout, even in your shopping frenzy!

Did B&G LB premix (or as Shelly affectionately calls it – “The Oh No Not THAT Again” Premix) and the Stability Ball abs. I have not done B&G or L&G for a long time – I’ve been concentrating on heavier weights. I’m going to have some fire in the buns tomorrow – I can feel it a bit now. DH was laughing at the names I called Cathe when those Lunge/Squat/Lunge combos came up again! But he did say he may do the workout with me one day, because if I was complaining so much, it MUST be hard. That would certainly be interesting – DH doing firewalkers…

Have a great day all!

>>>That would certainly be interesting – DH doing firewalkers<<<

Yup!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for the advice everyone re running this week.

I ran 4 miles with Grace this morning (outdoors) I think I will do EXT tomorrow, an easy 5-6 mile run Thursday, and no cardio Friday.
That will be two shorter runs before the race.

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Good Afternoon Girls. :)

Work today was AWFUL! It wasn't even that crowded but if ya get the wrong combination of kids then you are sunk no matter what. x( I thought of quitting as I was leaving but I didn't... :)

I am thinking of possibly getting in an upper body work out this afternoon since I can. Some pull/chin ups, push ups, dips...you know the drill. }( I feel a nap comin' on first though so I'll see how long I sleep and how I feel when I get up. I swear, workin' with those "terrors" at the gym wears me out more in just 3 hours then a full day working at my old job used to!:eek:

BBL to catch up on personals. :)

Hi cheetahs! Back again for another great cheetahfix:) I finished with an energizing 3 mile interval run and enjoying some coffee and cheetahtime now before going on to some Rodney Yee Yoga.

Thomasina- So nice to hear from ya!! hey if you are lurking today...
I ran a 25 mile endurance race against a mule last October.... and the mule won!! I thought of you, my favorite cheetahmule! We miss you! Congrats on that fabulous rock star award, that is an amazing accomplishment. I hope you will pop in now and then and let us know how it is going with your weight loss goal!

Lori- I bet you are looking forward to some nice quality time with your cute little DS!! Snoozeaerobics.... my favorite workout!!!
;-) ;-)

Judy- I'm betting that you are going to surprise the heck out of yourself with this 5k next Sat!!! If you'd like some more advice re: 5k race prep you can try Hal Higdons web site. He has training programs and advice for all races. I think your prep has been great and you are in fantastic shape, you'll have a blast!!!

Kristi- Great job with the interval run there!!!

Christine- Aw, that little cutie is very hard to resist!!! I can see why your DH was so tempted, but I don't blame you for passing! Puppy raising is hard enough with only one! That is so great you are taking that couple out to dinner. I bet it means the world to them.... LOL about the granddogs!

Wendi- How nice to hear from ya sweetie! Hey, you're only human, like us all and we've all been there, done that re: backsliding a bit. Not to worry, you are approaching it very sensibly and you'll be back on track and feeling better soon:) BTW.... your boss
is just jealous IMHO!!

Carole- Ahhh the foam roller..... good idea!! I think I'll do a nice long session with it today. Did you get the final race instructions from the LV marathon site? I like the idea of the disposable timer device! BTW.... nice looking running wear!!!

Jackie- You've convinced me to get the HILO dome workout! I like Amy's style also and her workouts do keep improving. I really have enjoyed the ASCII. I'll treat myself to this one after my marathon.

Susan- Good luck with the shopping frenzy day, but you are a pro at shopping.... as I have personally witnessed;-).

Wendy- Sorry your work day was so crappy! I guess it's the time of year. You are a braver woman than I.... I simply couldn't handle a room full of active yelling munchkins!! Hope your nap is a nice long restorative one.

Cathy- Have a nice day at work?

I think I'm pretty well caught up now!
tata for now

ShellyC

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.