Cheetahs Tuesday!

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Cheetahs.

Sorry I never got back here for personals last night. I'll catch up later, I promise.

I have decided to do B&G today instead of L&B but I am going to add in L&B's pull up work so I'll still get those benefits.}(

Gotta run for now....BBL though!:)

Wow! I'm the second one up? Wake up Ladies!!! :p

Today is my new Yogilates DVD - this one is level 3 or advanced. We'll see. I'm feeling good this morning - slept well last night.

Wendy - enjoy B&G and pull ups!

Cathy - I go back and forth on shorter workouts. I like the endurance one gets from longer workouts, but I like how I'm not constantly beat up with shorter workouts. And I'll need to break down and get an NFL jersey. Heck, even the dog has one! LOL I like the idea of the new jerseys for women. Thanks for pointing that out.

Hi to all who follow!

Sorry ladies, this will need to be a quick post. However, I think work will be slower today so I can come back for personals. I think today will be another 2 miler. I'm starting my base building again. Yesterday I made a list of all of the races I would like to do next year so I need to get started on my training so I can do them without struggling to get the miles in.

Waves to all cheetahs! I'll BBL!

Good morning cheetahs

Wendy...how did the training go last night? Have fun with B&G and the pull-ups from L&B.

Cathy...yep, still have some DOMs in the quads and now some in my tri's too! I agree that B&G does get in there..I like the different neener, neener smiley..:)..I wouldn't worry about missing the 1st workout in your new rotation, you have a busy schedule. Sorry about the trifecta...yuk, hope you are feeling better today.

Christine...actually the Raiders lost to Denver (always a tough game), My DH has always been a long time Packer fan and Green Bay did great Sunday. I am going to give running 4 days a week a try again, which is why I ran yesterday or should I say ran & winced..:)...Enjoy your new Yogilates DVD.

Kristi...2 miles is a good start to building your base. What races are looking good for next year?

Shelly...way to go on the 20 miles!! You definitely deserve a nice homemade pizza...:)..quads are still a bit sore today, but the EXT will feel good.

I am doing endurance workouts on my legs this week as I am running in a relay race on Sunday! So today will be Amy's APX legs, and 40 min on my EXT.

Have a great day...:)

Good morning Cheetahs!

Carole - How are the quads today? I remember my quads and hamstrings being sore after the hilly 10K race. Raking leaves is a good indication that fall is here. How long is the relay race?

Shelly - I've had one of those shopping days too. LOL!! Wow, what a trail run! Glad the extra miles didn't wear you out. Next race is the 2nd 10K of the Road Race Series. Two weeks after that the 10 mile races start. If I do both of these, I will treat them as training for the half marathon. The two half marathons will finish the series. I will be good and ready for a break after that.

Wendy - Yay on getting the resumes out! Know you will be getting responses soon. Have a good workout with B&G.

Cathy - Yes, a repeat of the same course. I'm hoping it won't be as hard for me this time. Don't feel guilty about missing the first day of the rotation. Stuff happens. Having women size shirts at our race was one thing I liked about the shirts. Fits perfectly.

Christine - Good for you resisting the ice cream. 10K this weekend. I use Rodney Yee's yoga mostly for stretching. It's a gentle ab workout but I wouldn't pull it out if I really wanted a butt kicking ab workout. How did you like yogilates?

Kristi - Have a good run today. I'm looking forward to taking a break from running.

I did Push/Pull and Rodney Yee's Yoga for the Back. Legs feel good this morning. Hope they feel like this on Sunday.

Hello to everyone else!

Enjoy your day ladies!

Jackie

Good morning all:) It was only 43 deg outside this morning when I let the dogs out:7 I actually changed into long pants and a sweatshirt.... feels wonderful!! DH is still in the middle of the cold I passed on to him but somehow in the passing it mutated into a monster ;-) I'm hearing constantly "I'm in pain!" MEN!!!
Anyway, I'm feeling pretty darn good after yesterday's 20 miler. I'll do another 20 next Monday but on flatter terrain this time.Then it'll be the 25 mile Man Against Horse race Oct 6. I am so looking forward to it!!

Wendy- Hey busy girl! How did the PT sessions go yesterday? Or was it the day before? That's an awesome combo workout you're doing today. I keep meaning to get into doing pull ups again, you can't get better at doing them unless you do them! I admire your dedication.

Christine- Great job on the 4+ hot miles yesterday:eek: I tried my first Pilates workout yesterday. Even after a 20 mile run I must confess I didn't find it very difficult, but I'll try again.

Kristi- I hope your workday goes smoothly for you. Wow, already planning next years races??? :eek: :eek: The cooler weather does make it easier to get the runs in now.

Carole- So the quads are still talkin to ya? That must have been some run to do that! I see that you are taking it up to 4 runs/wk now... that's a great sign that you've really back on track now and have the injuries at bay. :7 What distance will you be doing on the relay race?

Jackie- Holy Cow that is quite a series of races!!! And TWO half marathons to finish:eek: :eek: Do you get any sort of prize for completing all those? You SHOULD IMHO!!!

Cathy- The school year has just begun and it sounds like you're already inundated with work poor baby! I hope you're feeling better today!

Time to get moving. I've had a very nice 6 night stretch off but it's back to the grindstone tonight I'm afraid. For today I've got Mindy's bootcamp dvd to explore and then 40 min on the EXT :7

ShellyC

Hello ladies,
I did not sleep well last night. I think I had too much caffeine before bed. I have a light workout planned today though. I did all of Butts and Gutts last night and I did not find it to be that hard. I usually do the leg blast premix and I think that is definitley harder than the original way. It was a great workout!

Today, I am going to run just 3 miles and then C&W abs.

Wendy, have fun with Butts and Gutts!

Christine, I have one of the yogilates workouts. It was an easier one though. I have a Karen Voight pilates workout for abs and back and it is WONDERFUL! It is a feel good workokut:)

kristi, 2 miles sounds great! I have also been building back slowly to the running. It does not take long to get the mileage back.

CArole, you and Shelly have enabled me to buy the Amy KBX. I just ordered it. I really need a new kickbox dvd. Enjoy the elliptical!

Jackie, I love all of my Rodney Yee workouts. I like is yoga for strength one the best. Have a great day!

I am off ladies to start the day. Have a good one!

Susan

I have a question for all of you. I’m so stressed out lately. My DS is in kindergarten and is expected to do homework every night for 30 minutes. I’m wondering where we can come up with the time to do everything. I don’t get off work until 5. I then go to daycare and pick the kids up and head home. We normally get home around 5:45. With DD and DS, they both need to go to bed around 8 to not be cranky the next morning. That technically leaves about 2 hours to make and eat dinner, do homework, get the kids ready for bed, let DS watch 1 cartoon before bed and then put them both to bed. Lately I’m catching myself grabbing dinner on the way home instead of making a nutritious meal. Does anyone have any great ideas or recipes you would like to share for quick dinners (about 20-30 minutes) or even casserole recipes I can make the night before and pop in the oven when I get home?

Christine – Enjoy your new Yogilates DVD. Glad you had a nice sleep last night.

Carole – 2 miles isn’t much, but my endurance has been lacking because of being sick and also lazy for far too long. It is hard to believe I ran a HM in April based on how my running is now. Have a great work out today! Are you injury free now? Here is my tentative race calendar for next year.
Triple Crown Races (in preparation for my HM):
- Mar 1 - Anthem 5K Fitness Classic
- Mar 15 - Rodes City Run 10K
- Mar 29 - Papa Johns 10 Miler (this is the very hilly part of my HM course)
Apr 26 – Derby Half Marathon with DB
July 4 – Bluegrass 10,000
Aug ? - Midsummer Night’s 5K Run
Oct ? - Louisville HM
Dec ? – possible St. Jude Marathon

Shelly – Has it been 6 nights off already? Sorry you were sick for some of them. Your 20 miler yesterday sounds awesome. You are one amazing cheetah! I hope you enjoyed your homemade pizza. Great job on placing 3rd in your race this past weekend! BTW, I posted my tentative race calendar above. I love running in the cooler weather too!

Susan – Sorry to hear you didn’t sleep well last night. I didn’t either. I kept dreaming of “The Singing Bee” show I watched before I went to bed. What a waste of a good night’s sleep. LOL Great job on doing B&G. I’m still too scared to do the whole thing. Good luck with your 3 miler and abs. I hope you’re right about it not taking long to build back up again with my mileage. I’m trying to come up with a doable schedule.

Hi Wendy, Amy, Cathy, Gayle, Jackie, Judy, and others I may be missing. Waves to all cheetahs! I’ll try to be back later.

Kristi,
First of all I do not know how you work and take care of 2 kids. My hat is off to you. I can barely do it with my 3 girls and I do not work. My 3rd grader has an hour a night and my 2nd grader has a half hour a night, but my kindergartner only has about 30 minutes a WEEK. I think that 30 minutes a night is too much for your little one. I say just do the best you can and you may even want to talk to the teacher and see if she can make it easier for you. For quick dinner ideas, we make chilli the night before or shepherds pie and a lot of times I just make noodles and throw in chicken and veggies and sprinkle parmesan cheese over it. We also have taco's a lot and they are easy to prepare. Anyway, I do feel your pain as far as not having enough hours in the day to do everything especially after pick-up:)

Hi Shelly, You amaze me girl! I can't believe you just can run 25 miles just like that. I am in awe!

Okay ladies, I have to get off my rather large bum and run! See ya!

Susan

Ladies, Ladies, Ladies....

My work out is done! It was a KILLER! All of the leg work with the pull/chin-ups of L&B interspersed. YIKES! I am TIRED! }(

I was on my 3rd to last exercise when the phone rang. I, ofcourse, like any good exerciser, ignored it because I don't like to be interrupted but then I decided I could use the break so I went and checked my machine and I had gotten my first phone call in regards to my resume!!!!!http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Happy/happy-142.GIF[/IMG] I called the woman back after I got done with my work out. Very nice woman who said she was very impressed with my resume but it simply was not a match as far as what I was looking for. The first issue is that there is no daycare in the gym. She also has no personal training department. The only thing she could have offered me was to come in a few hours a week to be available to members for "help" when they are working out or as an independent contractor type where I would bring clients in to train. We would utilize her gym and I would pay her "rent" for the time and space. Well, down the line that could be a beautiful thing but for right now it's simply not feasable. Oh well. I got the call though so I'm happy. I noted what she was looking for and will keep it in mind for the future cause ya never know! She even asked me to keep her in mind if anyone is looking for that kind of set up anyway. :)

Christine: I read what you wrote to Cathy and ITA! I like to go back and forth between the longer and shorter work outs. There is something to be said for the short and sweet work out, ey? Sometimes you just need or want a break from the longer work outs. :)

Kristi: I saw on your list of races that you are looking to run another HM. Ever consider a full marathon? Just curious. How's Chelsea?

Carole: How many people are in the relay on Sunday? How long is your leg of the race? The training went well. I keep changing the work out so last night they did a lot of new stuff in a more compact format and preferred it over the previous weeks' format. I must be getting better at this stuff! LOL

Jackie: Push/Pull...an oldie but a goodie. Speaking of an oldie...I've been thinking about Leaner Legs lately...I must be outta my mind but I'll probably tackle it one day soon. Ofcourse, B&G is not exactly a walk in the park either! LOL I am going to be SORE tomorrow I think!

Shelly: Okay...I am afraid to ask...WHY is this race called MAN AGAINST HORSE!?!? This has me truly scared! LOL We are having unseasonably cool weather here too. It's a nice change but it's apparently not gonna last. We are still due to warm up again any day now. The PT session was last night and it went very well! We are all very happy with how this is working out. I just hope I can keep training them once I get a job at a gym. It depends on how many hours I am working...we'll see.

Susan: Yes, the Leg Blast Premix is definately the toughest of all of the B&G possiblities. ITA! Sorry you got lousy sleep last night...easy does it on the caffeine. :)

Amy: So was this teachers meeting the kind you want to fall asleep in or something you were actually interested in? LOL

Okay, well now I must grab some food, shower and get ready to head to MIL's for dinner!

I'll be back!http://www.infohub.com/forums/images/smilies/bye.gif

Susan - Thanks for the food ideas. DS would love to eat chicken nuggets and fries every night, but I need to break the habit. LOL I feel like 30 minutes is alot of homework per night especially for a kindergartner. A friend of mine teaches K at a private school and she said they never give homework until 1st grade. Unfortunately, at DS school they view it as normal. In 2nd grade on up, they expect the kids to put in 1 hour per night. You would think I was paying for private school, but it is a public magnet school. My guess is that is the standard the magnet school follows.

Wendy - Congrats on the call. That was quick! You can probably utilize her and her gym more in the future after you have established a client base. I'm sure you will have so many clients you will probably need to do that. I bet you will receive a lot more calls from your resume soon. I'm actually considering walking/running a marathon for St Judes in December next year. Hopefully I will be conditioned enough to do it. I would love to do my first marathon for a good cause or in a very fun place like Disney. Chelsea is doing well. She will be a great running partner. So far we have only ran a couple 1/2 milers with no problems. Tonight I might try to run her a full mile. Really, the only problem we are having with her is with our other dog, Sadie. Chelsea, even though she is 5, has lots of energy and wants to play constantly. When she does then Sadie starts getting protective. At that point there is so much barking going on that it takes a while to settle them down. Hopefully Sadie will learn to trust her over time, but for right now 2 weeks hasn't been long enough. However, I don't know how patient I will be when DH is out of town for a whole week. I'm dreading that.

Hey there, cheetahs! http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Others/others-062.gif

Christine :: I think I will try to keep my weekday w/outs short and go for bust on the weekends when there’s more time…How was yogilates? Something like that caught my eye recently but I didn’t spring for it. Will be curious to see what you think.

Carole :: I meant to say, I did check out the Amy Bento website and want to preorder the Slo Mo workout. I’m also thinking of Kickbox Extreme or APX. Any recommendations?…I do feel better ~ thanks. My achilles has calmed down and I think right now I’m successfully keeping the germs at bay. (Unfortunately, they are already out in full force in school!) TTOM, when it bothers me, is usually only an issue the first day, thankfully…Hope you had fun with APX & the EXT.

Jackie :: It’s always good when you repeat a course and know better how to pace yourself accordingly…I hope the weather is dry for you this time! That makes a big difference if you don’t have to battle the elements.

Susan :: Sorry about the poor night’s sleep…ITA about the Leg Blast premix being harder than the w/out straight through… “Rather large bum”??? Get outta here, girl. http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/78.gif

Kristi :: Personally, 30 minutes of HW for a kindergartener sounds insane to me. I don’t even remember having any HW at all in kindergarten…Wow, you sure have planned ahead with your race calendar ~ looks like a great variety of distances…Mmm, all this talk of homemade pizza is making me CRAZY with hunger *lol*. My favorite is pizza and a salad for a quick dinner. How about mac n’ cheese and hot dogs (perhaps healthier versions)? Can’t go wrong with mac & cheese!!!! OMG, I need to stop thinking food! *lol* I haven’t been too crazed while on WW, but today I feel a bit famished.

Wendy :: So the first of many calls has already come in. I thought you might hear by the end of the week but that didn’t take long at all!! http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/69.gif She must’ve JUST gotten your resume. Wow! That’s promising!! SO happy for you!

Shelly :: I know what you mean ~ the cooler temps are *so* refreshing!…Glad you’re feeling strong after your 20-miler…Yeah, in talking to my colleagues, we’re all feeling the same – pretty much drained by the end of the day. But no big deal – just the nature of the beast this time of year. :)

Amy :: I just ordered Basic Step (received it today) – figured it’d be a good way for a choreography dunce like me to get a little better and then I can always use it on lighter days, as you said. I figure an “easy” workout by Cathe standards is still tougher than most!

I am heading out to dinner, and depending on how late it runs, I may try to squeeze a quick k'boxing w/out or take another rest day. Not putting any pressure on myself. Intensity will resume on Thursday, for sure.

Have a great night, everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.