::: CHEETAHS ::: Tuesday, 11/7

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Mornin', cheetahs--

Christine :: ((HUGS)) I'm sorry you have another reason to worry! I hope that everything turns out to be normal. Maybe being back at work, working out, & focusing on other things will help keep your mind off of it at least some of the time.

Wendy :: Doesn't look like you'll be needing gloves the rest of this week. Crazy up & down weather here in Jersey, huh? A layer of frost on the windshield in the morning and temps in the 60s by the afternoon!

We have an in-service today (which means training, no kids) and it only lasts til 1. So I'll have plenty of time this afternoon for a good, long run, which I need 'cause I've got some stress to run off. I'm thinking GS CT after and hopefully yoga tonight. I'll try not to laugh this time and tick everybody off!

Have strong workouts, everyone! I'll be back later.
cathy :)

Morning Glories!;)

Cathy, You poor thing! We are going to have to send you to Yoga class with a roll of duct and a pillow to stifle the laughter so that you don't get yelled at! Hey, maybe you and Carole should get together and practice how NOT to laugh at inappropriate times!? LOL :p :7 I thought I had heard something about warm temps this week. It's crazy! Have a great run this afternoon!

I have cardio on tap for today. I left it wide open so who knows what I'll do. I will decide after work.

Ciao for now! :)

Hi Cheetahs-

Cathe- are you gigging in class? That would just make me laugh too!

Wendy- Hopefull you can use that stroller with Joey while the weather is still mild. I feel like these mild days are gifts! PS- I've got a few Cardio Coach work outs now.

Today is Drill Max and Tennis. I hope I can hold up for Tennis. I was pretty tight and had 'lead legs' by last evening after doing 6 miles, some of B&G and clean max.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

hello everyone,
I have been a busy girl these days. I had my class lastnight and to my surprise it doubled in size. wow!! The director of the program and another instructor took my class too. I dont know if they where spying on me or if someone complained . I just was surprised that they too where there. anyway, I just taught class as usual. One of the girls told me I am worse than a drill sargaent and that she like my brother better,not because of personalities but because he wasnt as hard! I guess I can take that as a compliment. but I will have to wait and see if the director tells me I am doing something wrong or not. Maybe I am being paranoid.

sounds like you all have been very busy. Is everyone getting ready for the holidays? I cant believe they are right around the corner.

you all have a great day!!

:)

Hey Cheetahs! Where is everyone this morning? Out voting? Usually more people check in before me. LOL Maybe I am early this morning! I did BM2 y'day. Tough. But fun. I am a little sore but not like I expected. I did an AM yoga DVD this morning that I found, I think it came with my first yoga mat I bought a long time ago. I now see why somebody yesterday said that Rodney Yee needs to put on some clothes! I felt like I had to look at the TV too much. He doesn't seem to call out poses very well. Maybe I am not used to him or something. Think I will look for YP yoga guy. What is his real name and do you have to buy him online?

Laura, I bet you had lots of compliments from class and the director wanted to try it out herself. I'd like to take your class! I am not ready for the holidays yet but am getting there. I have half of my shopping done for Christmas but my fave is Thanksgiving!

:)

Judy, Have fun with DM and tennis. I can't wait to do DM.

Wendy and Cathy have a good day. I'll check in later gotta go clean and do laundry! FUN FUN Awwwww, now I really have to go the washing machine just beeped! I am going to do a 20 min run today. Have a good day all.
LD

Good Morning Ladies -

I'm planning a run for this morning. It's foggy and cool - my favorite kind of weather to run in - like running in a dream. I get my DVD's today, so I'll be like a kid in a candy store tomorrow!!

Cathy - Glad to hear you have an early day to work off some of that stress! And NO LAUGHING!! :+ I'll be smiling when I think of you today!

Wendy - hope work and cardio go well today! Can't wait to see what creative mish mosh you come up with!

Judy - good luck with tennis after DM - you area glutton for punishment! :p

Laura - If your class doubled in size, I doubt you have anything to worry about! That means, even though there will be an occasional moaner, people like your class. So many don't offer a challenge. Yours obviously does! WTG!!!

LD - our polls haven't opened, maybe we're all sleeping in today. BM2 sounds like fun - can't wait for that one!

Well, hello, Cheetahs! Remember me? LOL. I'm still around, but had to drop some of the computer time that was eating into my daily stuff (like housecleaning, cooking, errands, etc...lol).

I've been working out regularly for over 6 weeks now and have been dropping some weight that I gained since my marathon in January...funny how 18 pounds can sneak up on ya! LOL. I'm doing the November rotation with the new workouts and I ran into Carole over at that check in, so I thought I'd come over here just for a minute with my update.

I deferred my entry to Marine Corps (Oct. 29) this year until next year. Something in the back of my mind just kept tugging at my brain, telling me the timing wasn't right. UNFORTUNATELY, my instincts were right again. My mom is going thru "something" right now, and she may have cancer. I say MAY because we don't have a 100% diagnosis just yet. She spit up blood when she was coughing about a month ago and she went to the ER for some tests. Turns out they found several 'nodules' on her lungs and a 1.5" mass on one of her kidneys. They are dealing with the kidney first, and her surgery to have it removed is next Thursday. After they biopsy the mass, we'll know for sure what we're dealing with. The chances are slim that it's NOT cancer, but we're hoping to fall into that minority. After that, they'll decide on a plan of action for her lungs. In a nutshell, this is all a HUGE wake-up call for all of us, since she IS FINE! Feels fine, looks fine, acts fine...all a surprise.

SO.........................what else can I tell you? HMMMM? I've been keeping running in my weekly program and combining it with the normal Cathe stuff. The only race on my calendar right now is a fundraiser for The Arthritis Association on December 2nd...the Jingle Bell Run. ALl runners wear bells on their sneakers...ought to be an experience. I'll either love it or HATE the jingling after that! LOL

I hope you all are doing well. Keep moving, stay positive, and HUG YOUR LOVED ONES....they are what matter MOST!

Gayle

thanks christine and judy! My cousin just called me this morning and a girl she knows told her last night that she should try this bootcamp class that she takes. she said the girl about killed us tonight. My cousing said, my cousin teaches that class. The girl said I about threw up tonight. she said I like how she teaches but during class I wasnt liking her very much!So that made me feel good. People dont like it when your working them hard at the time but after the workout is over they are glad they did it!! Hopefully everyone continues to like it, I hope I dont get anyone that dislike my class, I really want everyone to like it and feel like they are getting a good workout. During one exercise they where moaning and I said the holidays are coming. everyone said,oh your mean!! HA|HA. they kept doing the exercise though.

I havent even begun to shop for christmas!!!!

Good morning everyone!

Christine - I hope and pray everything turns out okay! Let us know how everything turns out! Yay! I am glad you get your DVD's today! HOpe you love them as much as I do!! :7 They are great!

LD - Lol....YP is Bryan Kest. You used to be able to buy his Power Yoga series (the 1st 3) in Target, FYE, Borders, etc. All 3 are on one DVD. Collage video has them, also. I love his yoga workouts!

Laura - Sounds like your class is going gerat! I definitely would think that is a compliment! Are you having fun with it? Sure sounds like it would be fun }(

Judy - Have fun with the tennis and DM! I had lead legs all last week after B&G! And then...I did it this morning. So, I am going to be in pain for another week :p It is a great workout, though!! }(

Wendy - have fun withe the cardio!

Cathy - Have fun with the run, GS and yoga! But....try to behave at your yoga class this time

;-) Just kidding!

Let's see...I can't remember if I posted Saturday or Sunday.

Saturday was a 7.84 mile run outside.

Sunday was an outside 5 mile run and MM.

Monday was off.

This morning was: 4 miles on treadmill and B&G.

Hi to everyone and hope everyone has a great day!

Linda

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...I was sore 2 days from B&G!! Enjoy your run later, I agree it relieves a bit of stress to run!

Wendy....that would be fun to do commercials all sweaty for Cathe! And you have ebnabled lots of us to get Jari!! I always seem to be be one that laughs at inappropriate times...:)...Cathy and I good get into alot of trouble together...we had warm temps yesterday but I think the rain comes back today! Enjoy your cardio..

Judy...how much longer will you play tennis after completing DM??

Laura...I think it is a good thing your class doubled in size...:)

Runnergirl..you can buy Mr YP (Bryan Kest) online thru Amazon.com

Sunny...do you use your running shoes for indoor cardio? Glad you got to sneak in a workout yesterday!

Christine...so sorry about the emotional stuff with DH & DSS...I hope it works out...my eating has not been too good either...John is doing pretty good. he has been going to some Wheelchair basketball games the last few weeks. Might be something he woukd do after his surgery next month to replace the bone graph that got infected with staph last July. No, I didn't read Lance's article, I will have to find it...:)...wow! when it rains it pours for you! I do think it is always good to get everything checked out...I know thyroid can give you some problems....I do hope this will be just routine....sending hugs and prayers...Have a good run! I am so happy you get your new DVD's today!!

Gayle...nice to see you checking in! Sending thoughts and prayers for your Mom...and the rest of the family...all runners with bells on??....that could drive you crazy....:)

I am doing a 6 mile tempo run and a segment of stretchmax...and then lots of cleanmax here!

Have a great day...:)

Mornin' Cheetahs!

Cathy-You must be seriously stressed if the workout plan for today is any indication. You should sleep like a baby tonight, lol.

Jess-I'm so jealous of you! I love music, but my brain just doesn't work that way, lol! My grandma tried to teach me how to play piano when I was younger, and I could memorize the notes and movements, but that was the only way that I could play, nothing "natural" about it. What a cool and touching weekend you had celebrating your mom and your grandma. My mom just turned "double nickel" this year too!

Wendy-Sounds like a great 5K course, but then I love hills}( As for the gloves, unless you plan on running outside in very cold temps it doesn't matter too much what they're made out of, except I like to have ones with some natural absorbancy b/c the material usually feels more natural, my eyes sometimes water if it's cold and windy, and well, they can double nicely as a tissue in a pinch. TMI, I know:7

Colleen-I'm basically using Cathe's rotation, but where she has us do a 20 minute run, I run for about an hour and one day do speedwork and the other a hilly run.

Sunny-Achey knees could be a lot of things, too many hills, running on the wrong surface, needing new shoes, too much too soon, too much step at too high a height, needing to strengthen the smaller muscles surrounding the knee itself (the floorwork from GS Legs, PLB, L&G, B&G are all great for this). If you could give us a few more details about your situation we might be able to help better :)

Susan-Wow, what a tough day you had yesterday! {{{HUGS}}} I don't have advice from practical experiece, but just wanted to offer my best wishes! I think the other cheetahs are right, try to be with your mom, there for her and you will help each other through this.

Carole-Yeah, the band around the barbell starts out okay, and by the end, well...}( I have DM on tap for today too! Hopefully we'll both survive! You used a 33LB barbell? Great Scott SuperCarole!!

Christine-Sorry for the emotional crap, feel free to rant to us cheetahs if you think it will make you feel better. What a scary thing to have happen! I hope everything fine! 4-8 pm yeah, something about sugar calls me during that time}( LIC is a good workout, it's just not as intense as BM2 or DM. It is a very solid circuit, harder than C&W, but not too much harder. Just don't be afraid to give your all to the step portions and blasts and definitely go heavier on some of the legwork.

Judy-You must have legs of steel to keep adding on B&G to everything, lol! Carole and I also have DM on tap for today so we can all be medicated together later;-)

Laura!!Great to hear from you! I would say, take it as a compliment, but just always offer the modifications for those who can't handle it. So long as you're being safe I don't think the director can yell at you, lol.

LD-YP is Bryan Kest and Deepdiscountdvd.com is a great place to find him. BM2 is a great tough workout!

Drillmax....dun, dun, dun!! Wish me luck!

Mattea

Hi Gayle! I hope all turns out to be well with your mother! Keep us posted. Hope it turns out to be nothing serious. Hopefully, the timing for the Marine Corps will be better at another time.

Susan - I am sorry about your mother's diagnosis. I hope it turns out well for her, also. She may have just been reluctant to tell you because she needed a little time for it to sink in. Hang in there and let us know how she is doing.

Linda

Linda..was this the 1st time for B&G?

Mattea...NO!, I started with a 33 lb BB for the shoulder work until I died and heard Cathe say they were using 20 lb...than I switched to 18 lb for the remainder of the workout! Hav fun with DM! I will be doing it Sat on my rotation...:)

Hiya Cheetahs!

G'morning Cheetahs! Just a quick post from me & I'll be back later to respond to everyone later! So much going on w/ our Cheetahs here, how about some group (((HUGS))).

I did StepBlast this morning, I finally got all of the steps down!! (I think it was my 3rd time doing this one?) It was fun though & went by quickly!

I'm going to do GS C & T after dropping off Allison at preschool. I am voting also, luckily for me the polling place is at her school so that makes it handy! ;-)

Then we're going to run to Wal*mart for a few things & pick up Cars on DVD. That movie is soooo cute!

I had a great time catching up w/ my best friend last night, we shopped & then just sat to chat for an hour or so. I found a pretty red sweater to wear for our family Christmas pics.

Ok, gotta go shower & get Allison ready so I'll BBL!!

Good mornin' cheetahs,

judy- you will love cc! which version did you get?

laura- i am sure you are doing great. most likely they heard you hard and fun your class is}( .

ld- cleaning and laundry..oh my head is spinning.:)

cathy- enjoy your long run today. i always wondered what teachers did on in service days.

wendy- come back and let us know which cardio you decided on. have fun at work:)

carole- enjoy your run. can you please explain to me (newbie runner:) how you do a tempo run. thanks!

linda- a run and b& g. awesome combo!!

christine- yay! you get your new workouts today. enjoy!! sorry to hear about your family situation. hopefully things will get better really soon. enjoy your run today.

gayle- hello. sorry to hear about your mother. fyi- i am not going to do the nov. rotation this month. i know, i know, the nerve of me as i was the one to suggest the check-in, LOL.

today's workout was barry's bootcamp legs and butt w/ 30 min treadmill workout.

ttyl...

hello to all the cheetahs to follow:)

Carole-Oh man no wonder you were dying, lol! I even thought 20lb was light, but Cathe combines some great rep speeds and patterns to give a nice burn:)

Mattea

RE: Hiya Cheetahs!

Gayle - I'm so very sorry to hear about your mom. She must be very frightened! I'm glad you're there for her! You and she are in my thoughts and prayers.

Good morning ladies,

Thank you so much for all of your support with the news of my mom having cancer. I talked to my mom and she has stage 2 lung cancer. It sounds like she has a great team of people working with her right now. She is pretty upbeat and positive about her treatment. I think what was so upsetting to me, besides the fact that she has cancer, but the fact that I have not been a great daughter this year. I have been wrapped up in my own life and family that I have not really asked how she is and have taken less of an interest in her life. It is hard also because she is in Illinois and I am in California. Anyway, we had a nice talk and she was going to tell all of us about the cancer after the Holidays, so we would not worry about her. But, I feel better today now that we have talked about it.

Okay, now some workout talk. I have an appointment with a Massage Therapist today to get a deep tissue massage. I have never had one. I am going to do the 3 combos from KPC today and then the standing portion of Butts and Gutts and then later today I want to do LIC again. I did not workout yesterday, so I am trying to get a lot in today.

I am having Indian food with a friend today, so I have to burn off some serious calories. I LOVE Indian food!!!! Okay, yes I love all food.

Good news, I finally threw all of the candy out. yes, I did it after I ate all of the good stuff. But, I still did it:)

Christine, try not to worry about the lump in the thyroid area. I had swollen lymph nodes in my neck once and I had to get them biopsied and it was just fluid from a cyst. It was nothing. I am sure yours will be nothing to worry about as well. I know how unsettling stuff like that is though. Thank you so much for the offer to meet with me to talk about my situation with my mom. You are very kind. I say we meet for INDIAN FOOD!!!!!

Hello to all of you lovely cheetahs! Have a great day and hopefully soon I will have some time to do more personals.

Cheers!
Susan

Carole - No, this was my second time with B&Gs. I did it once last week (last Sunday...not this past Sunday,...but last Sunday) :) I was soooo sore for almost a week! Wonder if I will be that sore this time? :+ Wow! I'll bet you were ready to scream with the 33 lbs for shoulders!

Jess - Congrats on getting all the steps for Step Blast! I love that one!

Mattea - Good luck and have fun with DM! I still have not done that one yet! I can't wait to try it!

Sunny - Do you like Barry's BootCamp? I have never tried any of his. Is it good? Good job on doing that with your run!

I guess I should go back to work now. I had to leave the office to go to the Dr. for my annual exam. I have to go get my mammogram and blood work next week. Blah. I stopped by the house to see if my shoes had been delivered yet, but they haven't made it yet. They are "out for delivery", though! I also got me a ....umm....cheeseburger and fries on the way home to eat before I went back to work. :+ :+ I know, I know! But the stress of that appointment was just too much to handle! :p

Talk to you guys later!

Linda

mattea- thanks for your post re: my knees. i am thinking about all of your suggestions.

linda-so far i've only done 2 workouts from bbc but i must admit i am really liking them. they are kinda like ctx:). they give me more options while using my treadmill.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.