::: CHEETAHS :::: Tuesday, 1.2.07

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Mornin', cheetahs!

Man, it's tough draggin' my tush outta bed this morning to go to work! I woke up in the middle of the night with a sinus headache and now I'm all clogged up...I'm fallin' apart...LOL...*And* I've got DOMS in the legs/glutes from BC.

Will go see if I missed any posts from yesterday & will be back shortly.

Oh, and my plan for this afternoon (as long as it's not raining) is to head outside for a run.

Have a great day, cheetahs!
Cathy :)

Linda :: Yeah, that is when I last remember seeing him -- on TV in the 80s. :) Glad you liked the workout. I am considering ordering Tae Bo Cardio for some variety, but I'm not very good about branching out from Cathe...it's silly, I know. :)

Christine :: sounds like you had an enjoyable day. I went to bed early myself. I did see the Jan. 06 rotation...maybe I should take a closer look...I thought 90 minutes most days might not be feasible with my current schedule and didn't give it more than a glance. Thanks for the tip about the checks. :) I'm one who forgets, too.

OK, I've got to hop in the shower. Hi to all who follow...Will catch up with you all later.

Cathy :)

good morning cheetahs,

had a good time at the gym yesterday. i spoke with the GM and he is trying to work things out for me so i can get enough customers to be able to quit my current ft job and work ft in the gym. wooohooo!! i am going back to the gym after work tonight.

today's workout is MM.

cathy- it's hard for me to get up this morning also. unfortunately i work up at 1 a.m. and didn't fall back asleep until 4 a.m.x( .

hello to all who follows...ttyl.

have a great day ladies:)

Good morning!! :7 FOUR DAYS TO MEXICO - - - Yippee....I can't belive it's getting this close. :)

Cathy - I hear ya, I had a lot of trouble thinking about work this morning and can't get myself moving into that shower to get ready either.

I printed out the January rotation and will put it in pencil on my Cathe calendar. I'm going to try and incorporate that, but hit the trails running whenever I get a chance. There is a 5-mile run the first Sunday of April here that I'm planning on running. I'm not worried at all about doing that, I plan on fitting in at least two runs during the week and one long one on the weekend to get ready. I'm sure we will get some Minnesota winter weather soon, so I don't want to plan on getting too many runs in outside because I'll just get disappointed if I can't get out there.

We've started setting things out to pack, DS is already packed :+ he so cute and so very excited! He's 10 and is just so organized!

I'll be back around a little more this morning, but I'll check in after I get to work, too. Also, I need to run back and read yesterdays posts to catch up.

Have a fantastic day!!
Marcia.

Good Morning Ladies.

I am feeling a bit overwhelmed this morning...This past week was just so hectic! I only worked out 2 days since Christmas!:eek: :eek: :eek: I am trying to figure out the best day to start P90X now. I was going to do a recovery week first but realized that I just don't need it with all of the days off I just had!

I want to schedule myself the best way I can so that I have my cardio days fall on days when DH plans to use the gym this way I can go with him and use the TM if I want to instead of doing the X cardio. In the meantime, I'll be exercising w/no real purpose or goal. Between that and all of the time off I just had, it's hard to get motivated to work out this morning.:-( My idea, if I get there though, is to run on the TM...

Okay, enough whining from me...

I wasn't around this weekend and haven't caught up on the goings on yet.

I'll read a bit and see about doing some personals so I'll be back!:)

Hang in there, Wendy. You just had a traumatic situation happen to you with Joey. No wonder you don't feel like doing anything. Find some time for yourself and relax, 'get back to you' time. A new goal will surely find its way to you and you will be ready to roll. Hang in there and we are all here for you.

Did you get a Cathe calendar? That was a lot of motivation for me ;-) to get started on making new goals.

Take care,
Marcia.

morning everyone,
the thought of going back to work is depressing. I hate going back after long weekends. oh well, such is life .The detoux is to cleanse your intestinals. sorry if too much info, but I frequently get constipated,like for days. I get so uncomfortable I thought I'd try it since some of the ladies on the forum said it helped make them feel better and loose a few pds. I eat fruit daily and fiber filled things so I dont know why I have bathrroom problems but I always have. It was worse before my babies though.I didnt managed to workout yesterday. Kind of had the blues. I will get back on track today. I am suppose to do chest/back if I start the p90x today since not starting yesterday.

off to drag the kiddies out of bed. this should be fun since they have been sleeping in on holiday break.Next week starts my early morning class again,which will mean I have to get out of bed earlier myself,not looking forward to it.

have a nice day!

Happy New Year Cathy and Wendy :)

Cathy- The first day back to work is hard enough without having a poor night's sleep! At least the DOMS are for a positive reason!

Wendy- I have faith in you; you will get your groove back. Your plan sounds like it will help you stay on the rotation with less conflict.

Yesterday was a run (just short of) 5 miles and then we did a quick clean up of the tree and some decorations. We then spent the afternoon at some friends annual football bowl party.

Happy New Year to all Cheetahs who visit today!

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Okay, I'm doing personals based on yeterday's posts so here it goes...

Cathy...I'm with you on getting my arse back in gear! Until recently I have been working out steadily but the eating went to he!! once Thanksgiving came around! I have to go foodshopping today anyway so I'm playin' it straight now too. :)

Sunny...I'm sorry your first group run got rained out. When's your next opportunity? So have you actually started working as a trainer yet?

Christine...If those ladies are serious about running with you, that would be fantastic! I hope it works out for you even if they decide against the half. Having company to run with is a great motivator. Glad you had fun at the party.:) Didn't you say you were going to do another P90X rotation??

Linda...Sounds like you started the P90X rotation y'day? I am starting mine soon...

Elaine...I'm glad you enjoyed Butts and Guts so much. It sure is a winner!

Laura...I have batted around the detox idea. I could probably deal with the nasty stuff ya gotta drink but I can't see myself going sugar free or anything like that for long enough. I need my coffee and it HAS to be sweetened! I use Splenda but I'll bet it won't fly while doing the detox. I hope it works for you!

Jess...I've been so out of the loop this past week that I didn't even realize you were sick. Glad you are feeling better though. :)

Good morning cheetahs and Happy New Year! I missed posting a few days unintentionally. Had an event that threw me off balance. I admitted DH to my hospital on Dec 30 with chest pain. He's 55 and has alot of risk factors for heart disease so I was plenty worried.
He did not have a heart attack but there were other irregularities
(I won't bore you with the details) for which he'll need to follow up with a cardiologist. Anyway, he's home now and feeling much better
:) Needless to say we didn't make any New Years parties...oh well.
Yesterday I kicked off the new year with BM2 Scrambled Eggs premix and Mindy Mylrea's Interval express. Today will be the upperbody's turn to fry with CTX}( If I'm too tired after sleeping today it'll be my rest day for the week.

Cathy- Hope your sinus headache clears....bummer!

SunnyD- Congrats on your job at the gym!!!!

Marcia- 4 more days!!!!!!! Mexico is calling you..... :7 That's great your planning a 5 mile race in April! WTG!

Wendy- Hey- We're all a bit discombobulated after the holidays but you in particular had a time of it!!! Cut yourself a little slack there, it'll all work out!

Hi Laura and Judy!

No time for anything else nowx( I missed y'all....

ShellyC

((((ShellyC)))) hugs to you! I sure hope that DH is recoverying quickly. Scary thing - take care of him ;-) You are most definitley in my thoughts and prayers that DH is on the road to recovery.

Take Care,
Marcia.

Happy First Normal Day for a while everyone!

Wow! The thread is busy already! I guess everyone else feels the need to jump back on the band wagon, too! I fell asleep on the sofa last night at 7:30, so my 4:30AM wake up call was pretty easy to make! It’s B&G Floor Premix (no abs) and Power Strike 1 this morning. The off to work again. And CLEAN eating all day. DH wants to drop 10 pounds, and I want to drop 20, so we’re getting serious.

Cathy – oh I’m sorry you’re not feeling well! A sinus headache is horrible!! I’m sending good vibes to keep the rain away and help you feel better! Saw your post on “Do you love you job?” And I have to say that I’m so happy you found your calling. I’ll bet your students are too. I know, first hand, the influence a good teacher can have.

Sunny – Oh how cool!! That would be a dream come true! So cool, Sunny - I’m happy for you!!

Marcia – oh how fun – 4 DAYS!!! Enjoy your time! Sounds like a great workout plan!

Wendy – I know what you mean – I do better with a plan, and you must be excited to start P90X. You could always just start, and follow it pretty closely, then just add running when you can. That worked for me. That way you can start and feel purposeful, not aimless. I’m “kind of” of doing a P90X rotation, but I’m subbing S&H for the first three weeks and adding a leg workout on Tuesdays.

Laura – have a great day, even though it’s tough to go back to work (I know the feeling!).

Judy - Which game did you watch? Sounds like a fun day!

Oh Shelly!!! How scary!!! I’m glad he did not have a heart attack and I’m glad he’s feeling better! {{{{HUGS}}}} I’ll be thinking of you and him today. I hope the visit to the cardiologist goes well!

Well, off to set my menu for the day. Enjoy everyone!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...sorry about the sinus headache...my DH has had that since yesterday. Enjoy your run.

Sunny...I hope things work out for your job at the Gym. Have fun with MM.

Marcia...your trip is getting so close!! That is so cute your DS is already packed!

Wendy...I hope you can figure how to make P90X work for you. I don't feel the cardio in it is as important as the weight work. Glad to hear Joey is doing well...:)

Laura...I had the same blue day as you yesterday..just didn't feel very motivated...I do the cleanse thing every 6-8 months but I do it for a whole month. I have some IBS issues and cleansing helps...

Judy...good job on the 5 mile run. As much as I love Football, it is only pro I watch...not a College FB fan!

Shelly...my thoughts and prayers for you and your DH. How scary. I hope the cardiologist appt goes well. Enjoy CTX upper.

Christine...sounds like you needed some rest! I slept in a bit yesterday...enjoy your killer workout!

I managed to do 30 min on my Elliptical yesterday, but wasn't in the mood for S&H, so today will be S&H Chest & Back, abs and a 5 mile run.

I will be back later to catch up on yesterday...:)

Morning everyone!
Hey Carole, I saw you post in the marathon thread asking how I’m coming along and I thought I’d do a quick check-in here.

I fell 5/10/06 playing volleyball (after running a second marathon on 4/30/06) and had ACL reconstruction and meniscus repair on 6/7/06. I had physical therapy for 5 months and I’m back to run/walking 4-5 miles. I’m taking it slow, they tell me it’ll be 12-18 months before I’m considered completely healed from this injury. I’m going to try run/walking a half marathon on 4/29/07 so I started training this week.

It’s been such a struggle at times to get back to running again. I still have a strength imbalance going on (the strength in my left injured leg is not the same as my right leg) and running brings out all kinds of aches sometimes and it’s usually in my overused good leg. I’m just starting to feel good after running.

But all in all, rehab has gone extremely well. My strength is improving daily and I’ve been doing “my version” of the P90X Doubles rotation. I sub other workouts for ones that are beyond my abilities now like PlyoX, Legs & Back (can’t do all the directional lunges), and Yoga X. But all the other workouts are do-able and I’m enjoying this rotation very much mixed in with running and Cathe step. I’m starting to see my muscle definition coming back again finally!

I hope everyone is doing well. I’ll check in every now and then to get some inspiration from all of you, okay? :)

Kathy G

Hi Kathy!! Thanks for the update as I had been thinking about you. I can only imagine how hard this has been for you. It does sound like you are making progress and you know your limits. I am also doing a P90X style rotation.

Check-in whenever you can...this thread has really grown...:)

Good morning ladies,
WOW! I have missed you guys and this check-in tremendously. I had a pretty good trip, but am definitley glad to be back home. My mom is doing well. She was definitley sleeping a lot and did not have an appetite, but her mood was good. She has lost so much weight. She is down to 85lbs and she is 5'5. The chemotherapy makes her nauseous and she has not been eating. It was hard hugging her goodbye on Sunday. I think it may be the last time I see her. I have all these emotions to sort out. I am so glad that I went though.

And, I got to meet Jess, which was WONDERFUL! What a beautiful and nice and classy lady she is. It was so nice to meet a cheetah and her lovely girls. We had quite a group. We had so much in common and I could have talked to her for hours more.

Well, I did not work out much. I did take three walks for 5 miles and did some stretching and ab work. I thought my body would feel great with the break, but actually it felt worse. I think because I was sitting so much from the airplane and just not being as active.
I went to my pt appointment today and he said I was extremeley tight and he applied ice and some stem machine whatever that is. I have to get back to the elliptical and just walking. I am so missing my Cathe high intensity workouts.

My eating was great over the holidays. I only pigged out once. I did not gain or lose weight, which is fine with me.

It looks like I have a lot of catching up to do around here. I will read the posts and do some personals later today. My cat is going crazy right now because we are out of cat food. He is lying on feet meowing right now. He was incredibly ticked off when the pigs and dog got fed and he did not.(LOL)

My girls are off this week, so we will see if I make it to the gym.

I will be back later ladies!

Cheers!

Susan

Newbie Here

Hello Ladies! I thought I would come out of lurkdom and try to keep up with you ladies. Early last year, when this check-in started, I was checking-in with you all, but right after I injured myself in May I bailed on the check-in even though I still continued to run.

Yesterday began my 17 week training for my HM in April, which will be my first. Ever since Thanksgiving my running has suffered due to a very sick child & my grandmother passing away right before Christmas. So here I am starting back at square one once again. I'd much rather start there then injure myself by doing too much too soon. My goals for this year are to run the entire HM at a comfortable pace, not worrying about time even if it takes me 3 hours (let's hope not), and losing 15-20 pounds.

As far as workouts, last night I did ME and today during my lunch hour I ran 3 miles with Cardio Coach 1.

Have a great day!

P.S. Thanks SunnyD for encouraging me to join again. Also, good luck with the job at the gym.

RE: Newbie Here

Hi Kathy! Glad to hear from you!

Welcome back Kristi! I hope you stick around!

Well ladies...I totally blew off the gym this morning and have no desire to work out at all today yet. x( ACK!

I would just close my eyes and start P90X RIGHT NOW in hopes of getting the motivation back but I need to start it on a certain day so that atleast one of my cardio days per week matches up to a gym day of my DH's. Part of his motivation to work out stems from knowing I will be accompanying him to the gym at least part of the time so I'd better be there for him!;) I'd also like to have my rest day fall or not fall on certain days too so I really need to wait to start...PHOOEY!:-(

I think when I finish my cup of coffee I am going to do SOMETHING...It'll be VERY forced and may be very short as well but I have to dom SOMETHING, ANYTHING!!! The longer I put it off, the longer I DON'T work out, the more I won't want to and I CAN'T fall off the wagon now after all of the time, energy, $ and hard work I've put into getting into shape all of these years...ESPECIALLY since Joey was born!!!!!!:eek:

I am heading out the door around 4:15 to do some after Christmas returning and shopping with my mom. That should be good "therapy" for me. If I buy something nice maybe it will improve my outlook!}( :D ;)

Well, here goes nothing....I'll check back later and let y'all know how I did!:p

RE: Newbie Here

Susan - so happy to have you back!! Sorry to hear about your mom. I know how tough it is to see someone you love go through that. {{{HUGS}}} She remains in my prayers!

Carole - sorry you had a blue day yesterday. Hope all is better today! Enjoy S&H. I'm still feeling it today!

Kathy - we hope you continue to post here! Sounds like you're coming right along in rehab, but it does have to be totally frustrating to have to wait that long for a full recovery.

Kristy - glad to have you back!! Your first HM? How exciting!! I think you have a very positive and wonderful approach! Keep up with us - we want to know how the training is coming along!

Edited to add - Wendy - we're posting at the same time!! Now go out there and get something done! And know that you have to report back to us! Just teasing. I know you've been through a lot lately. If you manage to workout - great. If not, we'll still love you!

I finished B&G floor premix (the floorwork premix doesn't have as many of the endless pizza presses, which surprised me!), but did have some additional floorwork. It was a nice premix, though. Just not too tough. I think GS Legs floorwork is a lot tougher. PS1 was fun, though. I am thoroughly worked out, I'll tell ya!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.