::: cheetahs ::: tues, 12.26

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetahs! Checkin in from breckenridge! We landed late afternoon, drove through town (it's so pretty!), and got ourselves settled here. Of course, mountaintime has me screwed up...it's only 3 am but I'm up. Jet lag bites. I do get cell phone service here and will check in (or at least try to read posts & keep up) whenever I have downtime. Today the plan is to get to the mountain when the lifts open...knowing my group, we'll keep going til late afternoon.

Christine~ I did read your post y'day....laughed about your taking off for the lodge bc if those guys are too intense today, I intend to 'get lost.' Glad your party went well...I smiled at the little ones who were sweatin' santa.

Marcia ~ yeah, I'll be joining you on that quest as well.

Shelly ~ great cartoon! 12% body fat is unreal!! But you work hard for it...my hat's off to you!!

Hi to all the other cheetahs stopping in today. Wish me luck on the slopes...these mountains look terrifyingly huge!!! Lol

Cathy

Have a great time, Cathy, sounds like a fabulous vacation in store for you. ;-) ENJOY!!!

I am ready to roll today. It's 5:21am and I feel like today is the New Year instead of the day after Christmas. I'm the type that takes the tree down right away, but I've had it up since Thanksgiving night :) . I'm reading 'The Daring Female's Guide to Ecstatic Living' by Natasha Kogan, I love it!! Little chapters that dare you to have the life you want and how to go about taking chances, etc. It's very inspiring. I'm back to work today, but it'll be very quiet, so I figured that I will clean out my desk and throw crap that's been in there and organize so I actually might know where stuff is. ;-)

I should be able to get in a run today - YIPPEE.......I will probably work until 3pm or so and then run before I get home, that way nothing will get in my way - no excuses. Probably only 2.5 or 3 miles, but it's a good start and abs when I get home.

Have a great day everyone! I'll be checking in later.

Marcia.

Happy Boxing Day Cheetahs :)

Cathy- I hope the conditions are great for skiing! My kids are so anxious to get out and ski, we just need some snow !

Marcia- Your yearning to organize is understandable. It is always a joy to put up the decorations and a joy to take them down! We will wait until after New Years though, because we are having a New Years Eve Party this year.

I am anxious to workout today, I took off the 24th and 25th to be with family. But I hadn't had a light week in several months, so It probably did me good.

How are the Cheetahs today?

Jes- Happy (belated) birthday to your daughter!

Well I have had my week of fame. My Birthday was the 21st,our 23rd wedding anniversay was on the Dec 23rd, and of course we had Christmas on the 24th and the 25th !!!

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...nice to see you! Hope you will have a great time skiing! The enchiladas didn't happen as X-mas Eve DH and & I had a fight, so we stayed home...:(..I have never heard of cheesecake martinis? But I rarely drink anything besides light beer. Yes, I agree a scale sounds scary...

Marcia..sounds like you ARE ready to roll! Interesting reading. Hope you have a good run.

Judy..a busy few days for you. Sounds like you had fun though..:)

Shelly...thanks for your kind words. I did 10.5 miles with my friend yesterday. It was nice and peaceful and we just had a good run. Good luck with your long run today. Cute cartoon...:)...and quite the tough cheetah workout for you!

Laura...sounds like your X-mas went well. Yes, that was sad about James Brown.

Christine...sounds like th party went great! It is amazing to see so much food consumed! Your dinner sounds good. And the gift DH got you!!!! WOW!!!! That is so awesome...

We had Tofurkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, homemade gravy, spinach and rolls. It was quite tasty. Then we went down to my Mom's to visit with the family. It wasn't a big group as the kids all seemed to be elsewhere. I was hoping to see my nephew John, but he was having a bad day and didn't come out. Hopefully he will start rehab after the New year.

Today I'll be doing my Elliptical and an endurance lower body workout, but now sure yet what one.

Have a great day...

Merry (belated) Christmas cheetahs!!

i'mmmmmmmmmmm baaaaaack, lol

been MIA for the last few days due to a seriously hectic schedule. haven't had any computer time.

today's workout was a 45 min cross training session on the elliptical and triceps. sunday i did a fb workout at the gym with my sister who is a personal trainer ( i still have DOMS). she received a promotion at the gym she works for to fitness mgr. i am so proud of her!!

carole- sorry about you and dh's fight. i hate when me and dh argue. i hope john feels better soon.

cathy- enjoy your vacation. you are one dedicated cheetah!!

marcia- have fun with your run today:)

wendy- you asked about this a few days ago- i am defnintely not giving up on running. no way that's gonna happen. in fact i am planning on a couple more 5k's in march and april. wanna build up to do a 10k in sept....well's that's the plans for now. what about you? anymore races scheduled?

judy- isn't it great to be able to spend time with your family on the holidays! i did the same.

have a great day to all the catheite cheetahs:)

Hello Ladies!! I tried to post a few times yesterday but kept getting called away, we had such a good Christmas, low key and relaxed. We did presents and were done by about 10:00. Mom made traditional french Canadian food for lunch and it was delish!! Glen came about 3:00 and we all went to see Pursuit of Happyness, it was pretty good,I really wanted to see Dream Girls though but hasn't opened here yet. We had fondue for supper which was fabulous, leisurely and too tasy! Everyone had a fun and happy day, it's nice that we are all getting to know each other. We had a warm and green Christmas but there's snow on the ground today. I missed two days working out and can feel it, today I need a major kick in the pants so I'm in for some B-Max2 Scrambled Eggs.....All apologies, I was going to include personals but my post was interrupted by a phone call and if I don't get Scramblin' those eggs soon it ain' gonna happen!

Chat Later Ladies!!:)

Take Care
Laurie

Good Morning Cheetahs!

Fat, waddling Cheetah checking in! I over fed yesterday and the day before, so I’ll be slower than normal. *shrugs* Hey, I’ll get the weight off, no biggie… I’m heading for the gym today to do iTread 13 30 minute and iClimb 12 45 minute. I’ll add some abs to this as well.

Cathy! Great to see you from Breckenridge! Have fun skiing!!! Enjoy the views. There’s not a bad one in that area!

Marcia – DH wants to take down the tree today. I may start ‘picking’ at it today, just to get things started. But, mine has yet to drop 1 needle, so it may stay up a few more days! Enjoy your run!

Judy – sounds like a nice week of celebration!!! How wonderful! DH and I got engaged on Christmas, so I know a little of what you mean.

Carole – sorry to hear DH and you had a fight on Christmas Eve. I know those well. My DH and I fought Thanksgiving. I hope things smoothed out and all is well now. I’m also sorry John was not feeling up to celebrating. I hope the physical therapy does wonders for him! I was very surprised about the bracelet. I know DH and I fight a lot about his DS, and when we were gone in Philly, DS did some really stupid things, kind of “proving” me right. I think DH sees a little more why I get so frustrated with DS.

Sunny – we’re very happy to have you back! You were missed!! Send my congrats to your sister! WAY TO GO! That’s so great!

Laurie – I missed yesterday, and I’m feeling guilty, but I figure that I needed to be with family instead. So, it’s all okay. Today I have off and DH and I are going to the gym in a bit. We’re tired of rushing, so we’ll get there when we get there. :p Hope you had fun scrambling those eggs. I love that one. I’m thinking of doing the BootCamp version tomorrow.

Hugs to all today! One more major party to get through, and then life is back to normal… Anyone with major plans for New Years? Friends of ours always have a major New Years party. It’s Indian, so I get to dance to Indian music and wear a slinky black sari, so I’m excited about that!

Indian party!!! Sounds fun......I bet you will look great in that black sari. :)

We are a quiet bunch today - everyone must still be celebrating or recovering. ;)

It's a really nice day outside, high 30's and sunny. I might take my run to the State Park again, it's so peaceful there, sometimes I hate running in town when others can see me and they look and wonderful who it is?? Ya know :+ Yep, I made up my mind, that's what I'm going to do. :)

Tonight I'm going to start organizing and cleaning out drawers - I LOVE the new year! Everything is so fresh and neat - new beginnings all around. :*

Take care, Marcia.

Merry Christmas a day late, Cheetahs!! I didn't even have time to check in from my Mom's at all. It was a busy holiday!! Lots of fun as always though!! We survived the sleepover & got out of here to head to Mom's in good time. Kiersten was FINALLY feeling better by Sunday morning. She's doing great this week, still a bit tired but her ear is soooo much better. We'll keep doing the expensive ear drops to help out, but she just finished up her antibiotic so that's good! The kids got soooo much stuff, our families totally spoil them!! I don't even know where to start- new games, puzzles, makeup & lipgloss (my cousin sells Avon), clothes, DVD's, books, Barbies, Pollys. We had a full van on the way home last night!!

I didn't get in any great workouts, I did CoreMax #1 & L & G (just the ankle weights part) on Saturday, then CoreMax #2 on Sunday, and y'day was my rest day. And I ate too many goodies at my IL's y'day- my MIL is an excellent cook & she made my favorite cheesecake plus turtles, buckeyes, choc. covered pecans, etc. UGH! Good thing Christmas only comes once a year, right??

Sooo... today I did BM2 double upper body & then the all step part, it was about 90 min in all. Good workout!!! I needed it! LOL

And.... Susan (singing_goddess) called & we're meeting up for lunch w/ our kiddos on Thursday!!! I'm soooo excited, it will be so fun. I told my girls & showed them their Christmas pic & they are all excited too. Our girls are all similar ages so we'll have quite the crew! You know I'll be taking my camera & taking some pictures to share!

Well, I've been busy finding new homes for presents & unpacking today. We slept in til 8:15 which never happens so everyone was exhausted. I've had a touch of a cold too but am feeling better.

I'll catch up in a bit. I'm going to see Pursuit of Happyness w/ my best friend tonight, I've really wanted to see that movie!! It looks so good, I'll be packing my kleenex!

Hope you all had a great holiday!!

hello,

today is a rest day but I did run 4.5 miles yesterday. my friend and I couldnt believe how quite the roads where yeserday morning.not use to that,usually lots of traffic but it was nice. the last two days I have been so tired. hopefully I will pull out of it.

hope everyone had a great christmas!

Just finished my 3 miles a little bit ago, felt awesome!!! Now, it's finish putting the Christmas decorations away and get back to normal while making lists of things to remember to bring to Mexico ( only 10 days away :) ) We are going shopping to the Mall of America on Saturday so that will be great!

Jess: I'm so glad your girls are feeling better, nothing worse than sick kids and then at the holidays, too, UGH.

Take care and have a great night everyone!

Marcia

Marcia - Oh yes, this party will be fun. Especially because Tina, the hostess, was so sick this year we were worried she would even make it. As it is she can only eat certain things (her lower intenstinal track gets seriously inflammed very easily). She's such a bright spirit and I'm happy she's doing better. Have so much fun in Mexico! I'll join you in the count down.

Jess - so glad you and your lovely family had a wonderful Christmas!! And even happier the girls are feeling better. Have fun with your visit with Susan. That's so cool your girls are around the same ages!

I did iTread 13 30 minutes, thinking I'd have a nice little workout. HOLY COW! It's 6 sprints followed by six recoveries, and the slowest sprint for joggers (runners is 1.0 mph higher) is 6.5 MPH. The fastest is 7.5 MPH. As y'all know, I'm the slow poke cheetah, but I want to be faster. I think if I do this once a week, I certainly will improve my speed. I really had a good time and was so impressed that I could keep up with the speeds. I followed that with 30 minutes of elliptical and 30 minutes of lower body heavy weights. If I can walk tomorrow I'll be impressed. :+

Then DH and I went to the mall because I bought him a watch for Christmas and he needed to get it resized. The Movado store is right by Nordstroms and we HAD to go check it out. I walked out with a nice pair of low boots. I also checked out Lucky jeans. From the threads here I thought I would not be able to fit into them, but there are several sizes bigger than I am, and the size I thought I would be, is too big! And they have longs! They are really, really cute, but I'll wait until the debit card stops smoking.

Well, good night lovely ladies. Off to make dinner!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.