::: CHEETAHS ::: Tues., 11/21

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Morning, cheetahs!

I'm aiming for a run after school and then yoga tonight (I need it!) I did wind up taking yesterday as a rest day. I decided to nap around 6-ish and wound up sleeping til midnight. DOH! Some nap! Luckily, I did manage to get back to sleep. Guess I needed a marathon snooze!

Catchin' up on last night's posts...

Christine ~ I really do need to try BM2, LIC, and DM...it is just so hard NOT to want to run! I know I should be mixing things up more like the rest of you cheetahs.

Jess ~ Enjoy your run today! Hope your knee is good to you.

Hi to everyone else! I will check back in later.

Cathy :)

HI Cheetahs—
A quick post to say Happy TG weekend to all. I’m going for a 4-mile run today and doing B&G abs, then it’s packmax, workmax, cookdinnermax, and get the heck-out-of-Dodge-max.

Cathy-thanks for sending the addresses! Have a good run this afternoon. It’s great you squeeze so much into your day. You are so organized. Not all middle school teachers are like you!

Jess—Yay! That the van sold. I have my fingers crossed that your run goes well today with no pain.

Wendy—I will try those pushups on RTTC soon.

Christine—what do you put in the veggie wraps? I made some potatoes yesterday and was a little heavy-handed with the cumin and coriander. It’s Day 4 of Vegan for you. Go girl go! If I did a turkey trot run, I wouldn’t need a costume! LOL.

LD—good job on the workouts. It’s good you are taking days off when you need them. I do a lot of segments of workouts to juggle time constraints.

Have a great day and TG everyone: Judy, Carole, Linda, Mattea, Elaine, Susan, Shelly, Katrina, Sunny, Laurie, and everyone else!

-Barb
:) :) :)

Good Morning Cathy, Barb and all who follow!

Cathy: Thanks so much for putting together the card list. That was very sweet of you! :)

Barb: The spider/push up combo in RttC is tough for me but I'll bet it's a breeze for you! :)

Christine: Man, I wish I lived by you! You have some cool races available to you girl! I want to find a cool half to do but I think that's NOT gonna happen unless I am willing to travel...and I mean ***REALLY*** travel!x(

My plan for today is B&G for sure and possibly some cardio as well if I have the time.

I don't really have any DOMS from y'day's u/b work out! I'm surprised!

Well I gotta run. Have to leave for work in 45 mins and I still need to get both DS and myself ready!!!

I'll be back later!:D

HI !

Barb- Good luck on your busy day and have a happy holiday. Are you going to sneek some garbanzo beans into your suitcase for dinner on Thursday???

Wendy- glad to read your elliptical WO was knee friendly and your UP body work was exhausting }(

Cathy- You must have been rest depleted! Thanks for the address list :)

Hello to all Cheethas who post later.

Today will be a BM2 premix. Then I hope to finish up as much holiday shopping as possible, get some groceries and prepare for cook max tomorrow! My two oldest kids arrive tonight too!

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

G'morning Cheetahs!! Well... I ran TWO miles!!! I know, I never thought I'd be excited to *only* run 2 miles, but I did it!! I was starting to feel a twinge around 1.75 miles, so I finished up 2 & then walked 1.5 miles. The weather was just perfect- clear & 30 degrees. Melissa & Erin ran on w/out me while I walked the last part. It was so nice to catch up w/ them, I've missed running w/ my buddies!!

Came home & did my foam roller & stretched for a good 20 min. I'll stretch more later. No workout planned today other than some yoga & pilates. No major DOMS from B & G and GS C & T y'day but I do feel it!! (in a good way!)

I think I'll send Hannah to school at lunch today. She was feeling fine last night, so we'll see. Kiersten was sooo upset because she has her Thanksgiving feast this afternoon & I had told her I might not be able to come if Hannah was still sick. She was crying & saying that she *had* to have her family there for her to sing her special songs, etc. Broke my heart. I think Hannah will be fine. Those meds work fast!! Allison has preschool this morning & I had already rescheduled my PT for tomorrow.

OK, better get moving. I folded 4 loads of laundry last night & I want to wash all of the sheets on the beds this morning. No more germs around here!! ;-) Have a great Tuesday!

Good mornin' ladies,

i had no time to check back in yesterday and hardly anytime today. this is the busy season for my company so my computer time is severly limitedx(

cathy- i pm'ed you my address. sorry so late. please add me to your list.

jess- yay!! you got a chance to sneak in a run. so happy for ya!

judy- i chuckled at your response yesterday. enjoy today's workout.

wendy- no HM's in your area? maybe we could find one in NC for sometime next year and run together?? well i am contemplating, i plan to do a 10k sometime next year and see how i like it.

susan- i saw you response to me about the clean eating and guess what i already blew it :( :p . today is my co's thanksgiving luncheon. so maybe trying during the holidays was a bad idea (at least for me).

kristi-check your pm's!!

hello to all the cheetahs if i didn't get a chance to personally mention you, you have not been forgotten, you are definitely in my thoughts.

today's workout was jari's ripped 1000. i definitely didn't burn 1000 calories. enjoyable workout. i do think that jari looks a little on the thin/lean side on her upperbody however IMO her legs look strong and buff.

enjoy your day ladies!:)

Good Morning Cheetah Babes!

I have no idea what I’m going to do today! Might do a kick box mish mosh. Haven’t done kick box in a while. I’ll let you know when I figure it out. Was busy at work yesterday, so that was good!

Edited to add that I decided on Harcore Extreme #2 - with the IMax 3/ Low Max intervals followed by the KM blasts.

Cathy – how are the parent/teacher conferences coming along? Glad you got your snooze! Sometimes it just happens that way. Especially if you’ve been going as hard as you have! Enjoy your run. I get bored doing one thing.

Barb – you’re too funny! Enjoy your run and your max-work. The veggies wraps are brown rice, red pepper, garlic, mushrooms, green onions, corn, kidney beans, cumin, salt and pepper. I put in some shredded carrots as well. You cook the rice, then sauté the red pepper, garlic and mushroom. Then add basically everything else, including the cooked rice, and cook until heated. Serve in a tortilla with salsa (sour cream and cheese is also part of it, but I skip that part). It’s really easy and quite tasty. I do the brown rice in veggie broth for flavor. Enjoy your Thanksgiving! Have a great day!

Wendy – It helps to live in an ultra wacky city, but I cannot imagine that NY would not have some wacky races, too. They’re as weird as San Francisco in their own way. :p Of course, if you ever want to take a CA vacation… Enjoy B&G!!

Judy – enjoy your BM2 premix – tell us which one you did and how you liked it.

Jess – WHOO HOOO GIRL!!! Glad you were able to run!! That’s exciting! Oh, how tough! Sounds like you found a good solution though. It’s hard being there for everyone all the time. But you seem to do it so effortlessly!

Sunny – You live in NC? What part? I’ll be in Emerald Isle in January. I’d love to run a HM along the beach! That would be fun. I know what you mean about clean eating – it’s very hard at this time of the year. I’m nervous about Thanksgiving!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...it sounded like you did need a nap! Enjoy your run and thanks for the PM...:)

Barb...enjoy your 4 miles before all the Get-Out-Of-Dodge Max prep starts!!! Have a great Thanksgiving trip.

Elaine...I probably need to do the mammogram thing too. Glad yours went well..I'll be getting my T-Giving meal stuff today in between clients. Glad you are getting in a rest day. Thank you for your prayers for John. I believe after this surgery things will start to improve as much as they can...spider push-ups are fun...:)

Laurie...that is crappy about the previous owners of the Spa. I hope you can get that stuff straightened out. Sounds like you did a good workout! No worries whatsoever about your comments on my sister...:)...I have 3, and being the youngest I am not really close at all with the oldest. I think she might be from another planet!

Judy...yes The Gaunlet! It was alot of fun. Sounds like your holiday will be great with your kids coming home!! Enjoy your BM2 premix.

Susan...I always associated the twitching eye with be overly tired. I think your rest day was a great idea...I hope you enjoy Slim & Lean. I liked it alot.

Christine...way to go with BM2 Bootcamp yesterday. I will for sure have to try it now! Another recipe from the Vegan Planet that is very tasty is the Portabello Fajita's. In fact I have tried a few of the Portabello recipes. I have no clue why it took so long in my life to try Portabellos!!! Your Veggies wraps also sound yummy. I bet eating Vegan for a few days has helped you feel better...:)...:)...Good job with Hardcore Ex today!!

Wendy...I ended up running out of time for B&G abs, so I'll do them today. I think of Cathe's series the Intensity will always be a huge fav with me. The music is my fav and doing the Gaunlet was just fun! I do agree with Judy about strengthening the quad to help out your knee. Check out the leg extension machine at the gym! Replacing shoes is generally 400-500 miles on them, but they also break down over the months especially if you have washed them! Maybe an after X-mas sale???

Runnergirl...wow doubling up with Cardio Fusion and B&G!!! Great job!

Jess...WOW! It never stops for you!! I am happy you got in a short run. I bet you do mis running with your friends. Hope your IT band continues to improve.

Sunny...I agree with you about Jari, and another poster mentioned her "deer in the headlights" look sometimes....but she has effective workouts.

I am doing B&G abs (that I missed yesterday!) and a rainy 5 mile run.

Have a great day...http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/hol/fall3.gif[/img]

Good morning all!

Today I will run 4 miles then go to my DD's school to watch her and the other kindergarten students run in the Turkey Trot. Then I will help out with the TG feast her class will have. Five year olds are just so dang cute so it will be lots of fun.

Cathy, I've been holding off on my new workouts because to do so otherwise might be more detrimental than helpful but when I do get to them then it's going to be quite different. Right now, with all of the old Cathe workouts that I've been doing I just use a spreadsheet of the exercises without the DVD. So my background stuff is of my own choosing. Obviously, I will need to follow the new DVDs once I get going with them but I do prefer to do it my way. I love Cathe, of course, it's just that doing DVDs over and over again gets tedious and boring for me. Have fun running and doing yoga tonight. And thanks so much for the name and address list!

Barb, Have fun in sunny Florida! Will you be near the ocean? Get out of Dodge is one of those sayings that young people have no idea where it came from. I've been asked "What are you talking about?" when I've used it. So sad!

Wendy, Is there a 1/2 near you (cool or not so cool) that you are considering?

Judy, It sounds like you will be very busy for the next few days. Will you be cooking for a lot of people?

Jess, That's just great that you are finally able to ease back into running! I hope you are able to make it to Kiersten's feast at school. My DD is so excited that I will be there for her's. What do you do with your foam roller that makes your muscles feel better? Is this something that I need?

Sunny, So, does Jari say she burns 1000 calories in the workout you mentioned?

Christine, Do you leave the step on the same level for the Hardcore Extreme workout you did? Or do you have to pause and adjust the step between segments? This workout bugged the crap out of me for that reason. Loved the concept but the higher level for IMAX3 was too high and the lower level for LowMax was too low. I quit before I even got halfway through it and moved on to something else.

Carole, Yep, if it's time for your mammo then you'd better get on it. I had always heard horror stories about them but they really are no big deal. Maybe it's the equimpent that is used at the diagnostic center I go to. Don't know!! What does your Thanksgiving meal consist of?

I'll talk to you all later on.

Good morning everyone!

I don’t think I checked in yesterday. But I ran 5 miles on the TM and did the floorwork of Firm Vol. I. This morning I ran 4 miles and did Jari’s Ripped. I finally received Ripped 1000, but I didn’t even get a chance to preview it yesterday. I love all of her workouts, though! (Very effective!).

Cathy – Thanks for putting the address list together! I got it this morning! Glad you got to get some good rest! Believe me, I know exactly what you mean about being on a roll with the running! It is almost like I am afraid if I start with my other cardio’s I will lose my determination for training for running.

Barb – Have a good run! My goodness! Sounds like you are going to be really busy! Don’t work too hard before you “get out of dodge”!!

Wendy – Have a good day and enjoy B&Gs and whatever else you decide to do!

Judy – Enjoy BM2 premix and have fun with your kids and with your holiday shopping! I finished up most of my grandchildren’s shopping this past weekend. It sure was a relief to get that much of it done!

Jess – Yay! Glad you got to get with your running buddy’s and get some running in! Hopefully, you will be able to start easing back into it when you are ready…without pain. Awww..I hope it works out so Hannah feels well enough to go to school at noon so you can be at Kiersten’s “feast and function”! Have fun!

Sunny – I got 1000 yesterday and haven’t tried it yet? Did you think it was as tough as S&L?

Christine - the wraps sound yummy! I love that HC Xtreme workout! That is one of my favorite cardio’s!

Carole – Enjoy your rainy run! I love to rain in the mist and drizzle if it is not real cold (but still on the chilly side!) It is so invigorating!

Elaine – That sounds like a lot of fun! Have fun with the kiddies! That is awesome that they are having a turkey trot!

LD – You had me cracking up with the Pottery Barn story! That sounds like some of my luck! That was cute!

Hi to everyone else that checks in later, or that I may have missed! Hope everyone has a great day!

Linda

Good morning cheetahs! I never did get a chance to check back in yesterday....got too busyx( But I got all my Thanksgiving food shopping done (yeah!) Today will be the BM2 cardioblast premix and an hour on the elliptical:)

Barb- You're probably already incommunicado but have a great Thanksgiving trip!!!

Carole- Enjoy your rainy run!!! It's been horribly dry here now for a while...send some my way okay? Gauntlet is a classic isnt it?

Jess- Congrats on your breakthrough run!!!!! What a relief to you just to be able to again:7 The mileage will build back up again, slowly but surely....believe me, I know! OMG, now another DD with the crud! That makes all 3 being sick this last month doesn't it?
At least they all recovered quickly! I'm glad it appears that your accident with the van is resolving and the jerk who hit you is paying your deductable!

Elaine- Thank you so much for your encouraging words yesterday!
Sounds like you're in for a fun day with the kindergartners! I have no kids myself (never wanted any) and even I have to admit that they are DARN CUTE at that age!! Glad your mammo check came out okay!

Laurie- Hey, I'm doing your workout from yesterday today.... I just love all the premixes from this new series! Wow, I'm so sorry that the owners of the spa aren't stepping up and doing the right thing :( How frustrating for you!

Christine- You sure have come back with a bang! Yesterday the bootcamp premix and today HCE#2....wooohoooo our cheetah is back!
When is your biopsy?

Wendy- I was going to answer you about replacing your shoes but our resident sage Carole beat me to it :) I find it hard to believe you cant find a half marathon in NJ. I vacation there each year and it seems like that state is crazy for running. Did you check out www.jerseyrunner.com? I'll definitely be doing a race or two when I visit there in June!!!

Cathy- I'm glad to hear you got a marathon sleep session in! You definitely deserved and needed it! Thank you so much for going through the trouble of the Christmas card list! Have a great run today!

Judy- Good luck with the shopping today! Sounds like you're in for a busy thanksgiving! Isn't cookmax going to be Thursday??

SunnyD- Hey there! I think all this talk about Jari Loves workouts
has me decided on my next purchase.... but which one? What would you recommend?

Linda- Like SunnyD I'd like your advice on which JL workout I should get. Great job on your TM runs!

Time to get busy... Have to workout and a little cleanmax. I work tonight and tomorrow so I'll be doing cookmax with little sleep x(
Ah well......

ShellyC

Oh Elaine, you'll be feasting *with* me & the kindergarteners... almost!! Have fun w/ your dd- you're right that they are cute!!! Hannah is fine & I'm dropping her off at school when I pick up Allison from preschool. Then back to school at 1:30 for the program & feast. I can't wait to see Kiersten, she'll be dressed as a Pilgrim. I'm taking my camera of course!!

As for the foam roller, it's really helped my IT band & you can use it for all other sorts of tendons/ muscle aches. I ordered it from http://www.performbetter.com/detail.aspx_Q_ID_E_4918_A_rnd_E_20 (but I got it when it was on sale!) & it's the 3' long, 6" roller. It basically reminds me of one of those *noodles* that you use for swimming but thicker. For my IT band, I sit on my side & roll it back & forth from my hip to my knee. Seriously, when I started I was in so much pain that I was howling!! I couldn't even roll it down the band. Now I am rolling back & forth but still really feeling it every time I do it! I do it on both sides because my other band is tight too although I don't have any pain in that one. I also have used it on my achilles & rubbed my quads, hamstrings, back, etc. They're highly recommended by a lot of PT. Both of my running buddies have been using it also w/ good success. HTH some & let me know if you have any other questions!

Funny about you using your workouts w/out Cathe!! I do the same thing w/ my pilates. I've done them for so long that I just have them memorized so I can do them in the evening while watching tv or whenever. I did do Cathe's PUB once by memory, that one's easy to remember!

Good morning Cheetahs,

Boy, have I been MIA. Like all you, I've been busy and trying to get ready for TG. I'll be out of town also, so HAPPY TG to all of you!

This morning I did KPC, that's a good one. Yesterday I did the cardio DM premix, I have yet to do that one in it's entirety! I can't wait to finally do the entire thing. I finally got a chance to do B&G last Friday. All I can say is oh my butt! I had DOMS the next day but it wasn't too bad. I did CF on Saturday, do you know that I burned over 550 calories? That is a tough one but it was great!

Eveyone seems to be doing well. Now for some quick personals...

Cathy...Have a good run and enjoy your yoga! I have quite a few yoga videos but I never seem to squeeze it in. I naturally gravitate towards pilates and I haven't even had a chance to squeeze that in latelyx(.

Barb...Great use of the "max" word, very cute ;-)...I'm gettin' out of Dodge-max too! Enjoy your 4 mile run and B&G abs.

Wendy...Have a great day at work and enjoy B&G. I hope you have time for some cardio today, I know B&G is long...talk about slow torture! great w/o though.

Judy...Enjoy the BM2 premix and your holiday shopping.

Jess...Great job on the two miles, you are doing great! I have a foam roller, it came with one of my pilates videos. I was actually looking at a dvd that uses it. It's a great tool, I need to use it more often.

Sunnydelite...A belated congrats on your first 5K! What a sense of accomplishment right? Races are great but very addicting ;). I have Jari's R 1000 and I have yet to do it. You know, I was wondering about the 1000 calories. I didn't think I would burn that much in one session. I can't wait to try it though, I've got so much to try to fit in.

Christine..."Cheetah Babes"...very cute! good job on HE #2, I've only done that once, that's another I need to dust off.

Carol...I agree with you on the Intensity series, the music is great!, Enjoy B&G abs and your rainy run.

Elaine...You've got a busy day ahead. Enjoy your 4 mile run and your daughter's Turkey Trot. I'm sure it will be lots of fun.

Linda...I see you are also a Jari fan. I don't have Ripped, just SL and R1000. I've had R1000 for about 2 wks and I haven't finished previewing it either. You had a great w/o today!

To all who follow, have a great workout and a Happy Thanksgiving!

Katrina :)

Hello!

G'morning again!! Hannah & I are hanging out. Got yet another load of laundry started & she's playing Nintendo for a bit. ;-) She's feeling spoiled this morning! :) She's feeling fine so she's going to go back to school after I pick up Allison. (that would be right after her lunchtime) She's ready to go back, she loves school!

I forgot we're having our Thanksgiving service at church tonight too, I love the T'giving service! So much to be thankful for!

My knee is a little tender, but nothing bad. Funny thing was, the cardio didn't feel difficult at all, we just kept about a 9:30 pace & I could definitely have run a lot faster. Thanks to Cathe for keeping my aerobic level up! ;-) Melissa said she felt like running faster just having me there. :p

OK, gotta run but thought I'd pop in again! Thanks for the support, I really appreciate it!! Let me tell you, I'll never take for granted running *just 2* miles again!!!!

Hello cheetahs,

I am tired today. My 4 year old climbed in bed with us last night at 2am and I cannot sleep with her in the bed. She rolls on top of me and holds onto me. I have to have space when I sleep. Shoot, I don't even like having my hubby in the bed with me:)

Well, I did Jari slim and lean last night. I don't know if I like it. I want to because everyone else does, but not sure. I thought the warm up was nothing and I was so not ready for the fast pace of the leg work. And, my wrist hurt on the chest work. I thought it was too fast for my body. My knees were hurting after the leg work. But, I was tired and my body was definitley fatigued yesterday, so that could also be part of it. So, I am giving my lower body a rest today and I am doing the double upper body of body max2. I will definitley try Jari again soon when I feel more fresh and my body feels better. I really like the idea of the high fast reps, but just was no prepared for it last night.

I really need to go to the gym and do some elliptical work. I don't think I did my body much good last week with all of the doubling up of workouts and the high impact stuff. I need to SLOW down.

Anyway, enough whining. I am getting excited about getting our xmas tree on Friday and I am ready for the holiday spirit to come.:)

Cathy, I would love to have a power nap like that,WOW!!! I know what you mean about not wanting to do another cardio when you are running. I went through that too. Now, I am obsessed with step and the knees are not liking it. Have a great run and thank you so much for the addresses of our lovely cheetahs.

Barb, have a great run and enjoy your holiday!

Wendy, Have a great time with Butts and Gutts. I LOVE that workout. I almost consider it cardio because of my heartrate being up. I love the lying leg work. How is the knee today?

Judy, have fun with Bodymax 2 and wow, you are an efficient holiday shopper. I have barely even thought about it. Good for you!

Jess, that is great that you got 2 miles in. You must feel great! Just take it slow and you will be running 6 miles before you know it. I have tons of laundry to do today. With 3 kids, as you know, it is an everyday thing. Have a great day!

Sunnydelite, Yay, maybe we should start the clean eating after the holidays(teehee) because I have a feeling we are both failing miserably. I have the new Jari 1000 and have not tried it yet. I will probably wait until next week. Have a great day!

Christine, I also need to do some kickboxing. I need something a little lower impact like KPC. I am so glad you are doing some great workouts and feeling good. You have had a rough couple of weeks.

Carole, I was supposed to take a rest day yesterday,but as you have read I did Jari and should not have. When I am going to learn? Oh well. Yes, I think you are right about the eye twitching thing. I need a bit more rest. So, you liked Jari. I will definitley have to give it another go soon. Have a great workout today and enjoy the ab work, that is a tough one.

Elaine, I am enjoying my 4 year old right now. I tell ya when they turn 7, something happens. They start really testing the water. I love the innocence of the age 4 and 5. I don't want my litte ones to get any bigger. My 6 year old is still pretty endearing and very sweet, but I see her wanting to be a big girl like her big sister. Maybe I need another one, NOT! I love watching the little school productions. I helpded with with my 4 year olds feast yesterday and man did they eat!!! Well,have a great run and a great time with your little one.

Linda, sounds like some great workouts. You are another fan of Jari. I must have just not been in the frame of mind for her.
Let us know how you liked the 1000 one.

Shelly, wow, that sounds like a calorie burner you have planned have fun!

Well, I am off to take out the cinnamom rolls I baked for the kids, YUM! I will talk to you all later.

Cheers!

Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.