::: CHEETAHS ::: Tues., 10/24

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetahs--

I feel pretty well-rested after conking out WAY early last night. (BC whooped me!) Not sure what's on tap for today...have had three days of intense cardio, so I may just try to get to yoga class tonight. Will see how I feel this afternoon.

Am gonna read any posts from last night & come back for personals.

Have a great day, all!
cathy :)

Well, there weren't many more posts since my last one, so this'll be brief...

Carole :: yes, you’re right…it’s mapmyrun.com. Enjoy your massage today!!

Elaine (DP) :: thanks for the explanation of ABB…sounds interesting.

Jess :: try not to go ape with the house in disarray right now…I think you mentioned once that you’re a neat freak, so it must be killing you…think about how gorgeous it’s gonna look real soon!

Hi to all other cheetahs ~ will catch up again later!
cathy

Hello Cheetah Friends :)

Cathy- I'm thinking the new DVD's can be worked in with 3 runs per week. They will just feel new longer...

Jes- The color sounds very cheerful. I'm sure it will look fresh with the new flooring too. I can imagine it.

Elaine- That must have been a challenging assignment

Barb- do you have a moment to explain the widget thingy web site? Using an Ipod for my runs is mandatory, and if this enhances it, then of course I'll want to know about it.

I think I'm doing a kickbox DVD today and then a tennis match. I hope to get in a good stretch. Perhaps a short yoga if time permits.

For those of you who do yoga, Does a sticky mat make a difference? I am just practicing on carpet or puzzle mats for now.

Wendy- do you want to sell your Mr. YP? Maybe I should buy it.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Good morning cheetahs. Finishing up a busy nights work here and will be heading home to start a string of nights off.....yeah!
Yesterday was a rest day so it's time to get back to business. After a nap I'll go for a 6 mile run. Later it'll be some kind of weight workout....or circuit...not sure what yet.

Cathy- Sounds like you deserve a laid back yoga day to me!

Judy- Personally I noticed a huge difference when I started doing yoga on a sticky mat. I previously was doing it on carpeting (short berber type). Being able to grip my feet on the mat really helped.

I'll check back later today.... have a great one!!!

ShellyC

Good Morning all!

I was going to go to the gym this morning, but I did not pack last night with DH's birthday activities. The rotation calls for Low Max and CTX Kickboxing. I know this is sacrilige around here, but I'm not a fan of Low Max - I think it's more because there's a lot of building the intervals, and I don't have patience for that. I'm thinking of subbing CTX Kickbox, the blasts from KM, the drills from Cardio Kicks and the leg conditioning drills from KM.

Cathy - good job on the three days of intense cardio!! That's tough especially with your schedule! Enjoy yoga tonight!

Judy - a tennis match? That sounds fun! I used to play raquetball with DH - but the gym moved and no longer has courts - bummer. I like a sticky mat, too. I get sweaty hands and have problems holding even downward dog otherwise. And I wanted to thank you for your words on the January rotation. And congrats on getting kick started and losing the weight!!

Shelly - Good evening to you! I don't know how you work night shift. Glad you have several nights off and can get caught up with your sleep and your running! How's the groin?

I'm editing to add that I think I'm just going to do this as is with LowMax and CTX Kickbox. I haven't done LowMax for some time, maybe I'm remembering it wrong.

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...I believe BC would whoop me too!! Yoga would be nice after the intense cardios. Thanks, I will love my massage...:)

Judy...have fun with Kickboxing and tennis. I've never used a sticky mat but I do slip sometimes on carpet while doing yoga, so it might be something to look into..

Shelly...thats nice to have some nights off after a busy day. Enjoy your 6 mile run..

Christine...did DH have a nice B-Day? I think your sub for Lowmax is a good idea. The workout I don't care for is Cardio & Weights (except the ab section).

I am going to try and squeeze in Imax3 before my massage and then TLT Better Burn, Better Buns later this afternoon.

Have a good day...:)

G'morning Cheetahs! Home renovating Cheetahs is back to work this morning! I have to get everything out of the kitchen so that they can pull out the fridge, stove, pantry, etc out of there.

It just looks sooooo good already!! I can't wait til it's all done!! (yes Cathy I am a neat freak!) But this will be soooo much easier to keep clean & I don't even want to think about all of the yuckiness hiding in the carpet!! :eek:

Well, I'm letting the girls eat breakfast downstairs since we have no table right now & they're watching Curious George. It's a big treat for them!! ;-)

I don't know what I'm going to do yet for a workout, I'll do it after I drop off Allison. I'm thinking maybe Step Blast & abs. Any suggestions??

Oh, and my shoulder is sooo sore from painting! Surprisingly I don't have any DOMS in my chest from C & T though!! The pushups felt much easier y'day, yeah for Cathe!! :)

OK, gotta get the girls hair combed & get them on the bus! I'll check in again later!

Hey Ladies:) Another grey old day in Southern Ontariox( I have some perennials to plant before it gets too cold but I don't want to do it in the rain! I'm looking forward to another physio treatment today and am still taking it easy on the impact. Today was one of my favourite workouts combining CTX PowerCircuits with the PowerCircuit segment of B-Max. I caved last night and pre-ordered Amy Bento's 3 upcoming releases. I also got Gin Miller's Intense Moves and a step workout by somebody Kagan, (can't remember her first name) the 2 older releases were only 5 bucks!! I'm off to work in a few minutes so I'll be back later with personals but I did want to say to Carole that you will certainly have earned your massage after IMAX3!! Enjoy!!

Take Care
Laurie

Good Morning ladies,

cathy-BC is a killer for sure. even thinking about it makes me tired. your post to me yesterday made me laugh, hehehe

shelly- a nap and a run sounds like a good combo to me, enjoy!

christine- watch your mouth...lol. i happen to love lowmax, however i don't see myself doing lowmax and ctx kickbox in the same day. i can just imagine the sweat:)

carole- i am with you, i am not a fan of c&w. although i've only tried it once. i guess it should try it one more time. enjoy Imax3!

jess-sounds like you are having fun renovating, you are a muli-talented cheetah:) . I am also a neat freak it gets kinda hard to keep everything so neat and clean with little ones running around:)

laurie- i am thinking really hard about amy's new ones and the new ones from barry's bootcamp. do you ahve any of her other workouts?

wendy- so happy to see you lovin' your new Ipod! love the gadgets!! from the other posts- i don't buy to many new cd's either. the ones i downloaded onto my ipod are older. if i really like a song i will just get it from itunes. can you download the itrains straight into your ipod???

today i am home with a sick child. ds#1 is really sick today. so i am taking him to the dr. a little later. i am hoping to squeeze in a run today.

have a great day!

Hey all! Well I changed my mind yesterday with the gauntlet. I was too lazy to lug all my equipment downstairs so I ran on the tm instead. Big mistake! The run felt so good that I overdid it. I ran six miles and am in ppain this morning. I know I know I need to take it easy on the running still. Anyway I am going to do weights today. PUB and maybe some legs.
Cathy yoga sounds good. I need to get back into it myself.

Judy have a good day.

LD

oops I wasn't done.
shelly enjoy your days off and get some rest. Have a good run!

Christine You know I have trouble with low max myself. I can't always follow it. I always end up stopping it and putting something else in.
Mckmain Do you get massages regularly? You have made me want to try one but I don't like it when my DH rubs my back really hard so I am kind of afraid I wouldn't enjoy it.

Jess How much longer will all the renovations take. I think that pergo flooring is nice. Next house I have I want all wood floors because I have a very messy 6yr old

Laurie good workout. Have a great day!
LD

SunnyD ~ Well, I don't know about multi-talented, but at least multi- tasking!!! :7 The great thing is that things will stay so much neater w/ this new floor. The white linoleum was the biggest pain to keep clean, and even when it was clean it never looked perfect. Drove me nuts. }(

Runnergirl ~ I think we will be done w/ the living room flooring tonight & then will start on the kitchen. It will be a pain because we have to move out the appliances.

OH, and I forgot that the girls start their ice skating lessons tonight!!! I don't know if I'm more excited or they are!! So at least I'll get out the house for a bit while the guys are getting stuff done. Good thing trash day is tomorrow, we have rolls of carpet, padding, kitchen linoleum, and tons of boxes!! :eek:

OK, off to do Step Blast!! ;-)

Hello ladies,
Well I am off to the gym today, finally. I am going to do the Elliptical and see what all the hype is and maybe the bike for a little bit. I need a little change today.

Cathy, I am always so suprised how hard bootcamp is. YEs, yoga would probably be a great workout for you today. enjoy!

Judy, I can't imagine doing yoga without a mat. You can really sink your feet and heels and hands into the mat and it really helps with elongating your body.

Shelly,have a great run! Is your groin injury all healed? It sounds like you are feeling pretty good. My sciatica felt great yesterday and today so far so good. I have an appointment with a chiropractor on Friday.

Christine, I am right there with you when it comes to low max. I think it is the first combo I do not care for. It takes so long to get my heart rate up. The blasts are good, but I too am impatient when it comes to my workouts. I want to be flying around the step by the time 5 minutes is up. Enjoy it and I too should probably give it another go. I think I have only done it maybe 3 times.

Carole, have fun with my fave workout Imax3. I am going to the chiropractor on Friday. I actually feel pretty good today and yesterday, but I still want to go and see what they say.

Jess, you are so lucky that you have a bus system for your schools. In Pleasanton, where I live, they do not have a school bus system, so I have to take them all and pick them all up. I too am a neat freak. I have home reno's, because of the incredible mess. We had our whole kitched redone and we had the fridge and the kitchen table in the family room and it drove me CRAZY!!! But, the kitchen looks great! Hang in there and I feel your pain.

Laurie, that sounds like a great workout. I will have to try it. I love Gin Millers intense moves. I have had that workout for years.

Sunnydelite, I hope your little one feels better soon. Hopefully you can get your run in.

Runnergirl, I know how you feel when a workout feels great and you think I am not hurting and then you wake up the next day and go, OOPS, I should not have done that. Enjoy PUB and maybe give your legs a rest today.

I’m BAACCKK!! They really need to get me trained and productive at work so I don’t bug y’all all the time!! :p I ended up doing LowMax and CTX Kickbox as the rotation states. Still don’t like Low Max. It’s a good workout – and I can feel it in my legs, but it’s so repetitive. But, it was a nice switch and as I said, I can really feel it in my legs right now. I went into this 90 minutes a day of circuit and cardio (have been doing it since Thursday), thinking that it would be a piece of cake – after all I work out 2 hours – an hour of weights and an hour of cardio… But, for some reason this is hitting me WAY differently. I slept like a log last night. Fell asleep on the sofa at 8:30, walked upstairs at 9:00 and slept ‘til the alarm went off at 4:30. Wow! Nice to shake things up – come to think of it, the last time I felt like this was when I started P90X and running…

Carole – Yes, DH had a nice b-day. It’s his “second” one (I think I told the story about how in India they mark they day the birth is recorded, not the actual birth day – so he has an official one and his real one). I got him photos of the Half framed and it really surprised him – he was very happy with it. Enjoy your massage and Imax 3!!

Jess – cool! Sounds like you are enjoying your remodeling!! I love Step Blast – I think you should do that one – have you done it yet?

Laurie – Oooh, that sounds like a great combination!! Soon you’ll have Body Max 2’s to add to it as well! I’m going to have to try that one day! Hope the grey skies lighten up!

Sunny – it was tough – especially the power scissors in CTX Kickbox! I’m really feeling it in the middle of my hamstrings. As I rarely hit there, it’s a good feeling. Hope your little one is feeling better soon!!

LD – sorry the run felt good when you started and now is hurting you! A six mile run sounds like heaven right now – I need to get out and run! Hope you feel better soon. My issue with LowMax is that it’s repetitive and there are a lot of pivots which can hurt my knees.

Susan – your right – my hr was not up past 130 even on the blasts (the Imax blasts get it up to 145 or so and a good steady state run is around 155/160). But it does work the legs! Have fun with the elliptical!!

Well, I guess I should go and pretend I have a job. I stopped making coffee in the morning – I make tea instead, so that might also be contributing to my tiredness today. But, I put too much crap in coffee – I go much lighter with tea. But, I am having a cup of coffee now in an effort to not fall asleep while I’m shadowing Seiji, my coworker. Enjoy your day you wonderful ladies!

I'm off to tackle IMAX 3 now girls! Wish me luck! I hope to have time to come back for personals afterwards but if not then definately tonight! I promise!:)

This, ofcourse, is assuming I am still BREATHING after my work out!}(

Hello ladies,
I am back from the gym. I did 50 minutes on the life fitness elliptical at level 12 on a random program. It was a good workout! I was sweating like crazy. It said I burned about 780 calories, but I never believe those things. I would guess I burned more like 500. I then came home and did 45 minutes of Eoin Finn power yoga. I am done for the day.

Christine, long workout! I like doing back to back workouts sometimes, not everyday though.

Wendy, have fun with my fave workout!

Have a great day ladies and I will BBL if I have time.

Susan

G'afternoon Cheetahs!

Christine ~ WTG on keeping up the workouts even while working full time now!! It sounds like you're changing things up, that's a good thing! I don't have LowMax, but it's on my wish list!

Wendy ~ Hope you enjoyed IMAX 3, I love that one too! Good plan on cutting back on the running so you can add in other cardio. I plan on doing the opposite, adding *back* in the running!!! I hope I can do it w/out any knee pain, I think I'll wait til Sat to attempt another run.

I did Step Blast, it was my 2nd time doing it. I did it on the 8" step this time & could feel the difference! I love the choreography in it, I caught on much faster than doing it for the 1st time! It's fun & goes by quickly. Then I did the abs from SJP. And I was a little late picking up my dd from preschool, oops! Now I've got to get to work on vacuuming the floors again w/ the ShopVac & moving the stuff out of the kitchen. I pulled the tape down off the ceiling & around the corners in the living room from painting, it looks great!

Well, better go get some more done. My dh is coming home a little early, at 3 instead of 4 so he can get a head start before the guys come over to help him lay more flooring. Thank God I'm taking the girls to ice skating so I don't have to be here seeing them make more of a disaster!! ;-)

jess- we have white linoleum also. so i know your pain. no matter how much you clean it's still never looks cleanx( .

susan- have fun at the gym!!

wendy- please do not pass out...remember to breath, lol

christine-thanks. we took him to the dr. he has strepx( . have fun shadowing. i know starting a new job can be so dauting. if anyone can handle it, it's you:)

still haven't workout yet.

Susan ~ I am so glad we have an awesome bus system here!! Our bus driver is so great w/ the kids & she picks them up at the end of our driveway & drops them back off after school. Plus the girls best friends ride the bus too, so it's fun for them. I don't mind dropping them off in the morning, but it's a pain to pick them up since Allison is usually still napping when they are done. We have a good school system which I am happy with.

Yep, neat freak & it is driving me nuts. (which is why I'm down here for now) I don't even know where to start & I get a bit overwhelmed. (panic attack, breathe..... :p ) But it definitely will be better once the living room is done & we can move some of the stuff in there. I'm trying to keep the downstairs family room clean & free of stuff just so I have *one* room that is clean. ;-) (and the bathrooms & bedrooms are clean too!) The hallway, living room, kitchen, deck, & garage are another story....

Hope all goes well at the chiro! I had a little spell of sciatica one day last week, but then it was fine. I think it was from sitting on a log at our cookout, my back was out of line for a bit.
And we were posting at the same time, great workout!!! I'd like to try out an elliptical too, sounds like everyone here loves them!

OH, yes!!! White linoleum is absolutely ridiculous when you have children!! I'm sooo glad it's gone!! The flooring looks like it will be a snap to keep clean!!

Sorry your little one has strep! I hope the rest of you stay healthy! It's all going around now. I'm still not quite back to 100% from my cold/ cough! Now my 3yo is really snotty & my 5yo is still coughing too. I hope we all kick it soon!

Hope you can fit in a workout today! It's hard w/ sick little ones, I know how that goes!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.