::: CHEETAHS ::: Tues., 10/17

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good morning, ladies~

Didn't have time to post last night...I did get in my 6-mile run and felt strong but opted not to do GS Legs last night. Will be getting home a little late this evening, so I will save it for then.

Off to get caught up from yesterday. Be back soon.

Enjoy your workouts today!
Cathy :)

Christine :: hope the headache’s better! Oh, we didn’t go TO the actual game…I guess it sounded misleading…we just went to a local bar to watch it. Glad you’re happy with your job decision (despite the boring first day.)

Linda :: great job getting in that outdoor run in those temps! Yes, I think when you have the fever, you wanna get out there no matter what. Way to be dedicated! And yeah, don’t those gradual, “little” hills getcha anyway?

Carole :: too bad about the cold. :-( How was your workout? Break out the Airborne + the zinc and maybe you can nip this one.

LD/RunnerGirl :: welcome to the check-in! Sorry about the PF sidelining you a bit.

Laurie :: Ahhh, Corona! Sounds like a great way to relax after all that hard work. Hope you were able to knock out your paperwork quickly.

Wendy :: what games do you normally play in AC? I haven’t been down there in years but a few friends of mine have talked about going down to the Borgata soon. Yeah, I think the occasional unscheduled rest day won't kill ya…wasn’t it Miles in Risky Business who said, “Sometimes you just gotta say what the F.” :p :) I wound up just running, no weights last night.

Sunny :: oh, I see now what you mean about the almost simultaneous posts. Yes, that happens once in a while. I hadn’t noticed. That is why I do lots of these ::: when I write CHEETAHS in the subject line…it helps the thread jump out at these ol’ eyes. Otherwise, I’m completely blind! :) Great workout yesterday.

Jess :: hope you had fun hosting the PartyLite demonstration last night. WOWOWOW about doing all 72!!! And aren’t you under the weather? Sheesh, we have some fierce cheetahs in our midst!! Awesome!

Susan :: great job on the clean eating. Glad the sciatica is doing a little better with the cross-training.

Hi Judy, Jennifer, and everyone else who drops in today.

Hello Cathy and all Cheetahs to follow.:)

I have an undetermined Cathe cardio on tap for after work today.}(

Cathy, I play slots in AC. Mostly nickels and pennies so that I can afford to max bet! }( I would love to learn a table game or 2 but they are too danged expensive these days!!!x( I've never been to the Borgata though I do want to go check it out some day. Years ago I used to frequent Harrahs. I now go to Ballys, Caesars and Trump Plaza the most.

Good Morning cheetahs,

Today's workout was MM..what a muscle burner!! I absolutely love that workout. I am going to the gym at lunch time for 30 mins on the elliptical.

cathy-great run!! we definitely posted at the same time yesterday, lol

wendy- when i lived in nj i only went to ac about twice. not into gambling but i went to see a couple shows. which cathe you gonna do}( . i am so anxious for drillmax}( }(

bbyl....

Good Morning Cheetahs!!

Today is S&H Back – CTX Power Circuits and CTX KickBox. I’m up earlier today so I can get more done. :p I’m still not 100%, but I am feeling better. Hoping the sweat knocks some of this out of me. I really want to go to the gym for a run, but I don’t think I’m quite ready for that. I'm hoping to do more at work today than sit around! I think I'll get my "cube" - we're so tight for space at work that we're pretty much sitting on top of each other. I guess we're moving to a new bigger building in January - until then we sit on each other. But my boss is kicking out an outside sales rep (who's in the office 1 or 2 times a week) and putting me in his cube. I'll also get my computer and maybe cell phone. We'll see (another phone to carry around - oh joy...).

Carole – glad the woodstove is working so well. I’m sure DH would love to see you walking around the house in a bikini *winks* Glad you got in your run. Hope you’re feeling better – there is something going around here I swear!

LD – WELCOME!!! We’re glad to have you here!

Laurie – you’re sweet! Thanks. I’m doing a lot better today.

Wendy – One day off won’t hurt you – and it sounds like you had fun! Sorry about the David K workout! And enjoy your Cathe workout today!

Sunny- Oh, that’s a great cause! Next time don’t forget to ask! I always donate. I have so many friends with different ailments that I just contribute to them all.

Jess – hope the alarm worked better this morning! I have to have mine across the room or I can turn it off in my sleep. How was the PartyLite party?

Susan – Oh, I’m that way too! I went to Target for a $25 printer cartridge the other day and spent $125.00!!! Drives me crazy! Glad you got some shirts though! You’re going to have a blast this weekend!

Jennifer – I would be going through withdrawls too!! But not even like a 20 minute elliptical? How are you feeling now? Are you getting ready?

Cathy – great run!! Enjoy GS Legs tonight! And oh, you had me all excited! *winks* We do that a lot because our teams are never on the local channels. We usually spend at least 2 hours of every Sunday sitting in a local bar…

*Waves to Sunny who just posted too* Oh, I'm already planning a rotation change when those new workouts come out. I think a hardcore fatburning rotation will be perfect for the Holiday season! I'm so excited for them!

Hey Cheetahs:) I've got a bonus day today, I only take morning appointments on Tuesday and no one is booked which I'm happy about, not often do I get a 4 day weekend:) I made some encouraging progress with the paper piles yesterday and dug around the yard some more. I'd like to do some lowerbody weights today but think I should lay off until I see the PT, I'm thinking today will be LowMax and some upperbody weights.

Cathy, sounds like you had a good run yesterday, the weather here was very nice. Have fun with GS Legs, I haven't done that one in ages.

Wendy, hope you get a good heart thumping workout in.

Sunny, I'm thinking MM upperbody might fit the bill today. You sure got your workout in early today!!

Christine, sure does make for a long day when your not feeling challenged or busy. Hope it picks up for you but as I type this I'm thinking of the old saying 'careful what you wish for':) Have fun with CTX Kickbos and ALL those power scissors!

I'd better go commandeer these Kids out the door or someone's gonna miss their bus!!

Later Cheetahs!

Take Care
Laurie:)

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...good job on your 6 miles yesterday! I take zinc anyway, but I also use a liquid called Colloidal Silver which is a natural antibiotic. And I know I have some Airborne too!! I don't feel too bad right now...

Wendy...well it does get down to the 30's here, but not often below that which is why I can run all year round...:)..enjoy your Cathe workout.

Sunny..I agree...MM is a burner!!! Have fun on the Elliptical.

Christine...good workout this morning. I am glad your job so far is going well...I laugh at my DH as he has 2 cell phones and it constantly confuses him as he is not tech savvy at all! Yes, I am sure he'd like the bikini too...I am not feeling too bad right now.

Laurie..enjoy your day off! Lowmax is a fun one I have not done in awhile...

I'll be doing S&H Chest, Tri's and Shoulder's (I skipped it yesterday) some abs and about an hour on my Elliptical...

Have a good day...:)

Hi everyone! Ran 3 miles yesterday, felt great although my mind says go faster my foot says not so fast yet! Gonna lay off the legs and feet today and do PUB. Everyone have a great day!
LD:)

Good morning to everyone!

Laurie - Four days off! Oh my! That must feel like heaven! But good job on making headway on the paper pile! LowMax and Upper Body sounds good! I think it is good that you are laying off some on Lower body to you see the PT! Hope it goes well!

Cathy - Good job on the 6 miler! Glad you were feeling strong during it! Have fun with GS legs tonight! I love that one!

Wendy - Have fun with the Cathe cardio - whichever one it may be :) You can't go wrong, that is for sure!

Sunny - I love MM, too! I wish I worked close to a gym so that I could get something in on my lunch hour! That would be so convenient!

Christine - Hope the sweat knocks out the remainder of the bug for you! Hope you get your cube, phone and computer! Are you liking your job?

I didn't get in a run or cardio yesterday. But last night, I did PUB and some corework.

This morning was 6 miles on the TM.

Linda

Hi RunnerGirl! Good job on your 3 miler! You were smart to hold back some for your foot!

Carole - Hey there! We must have been posting at the same time again! Hope you enjoy you elliptical workout and S&H!

I have a question for you Cheetahs! I am trying to add time each week on my LSD. I slowed it waaaay down today and ran 1 hr and 20 minutes. It ended up being 6 miles, which of course, if I do my normal pace, I do 6 miles a sooner. So...am I doing this wrong? Should I just be going my normal pace and adding time? Or am I supposed to be slowing down a lot and trying to add time? (in order to train for long distances) Any advice or suggestions would sure be appreciated!

Linda

Hi Linda...yes we did post at the same time!! Good job with the 6 miles on your treadmill. For me, I increase by distance and not time for my LSD. For example I might go 10 miles one sunday and then increase it to 11 the next sunday when I am training. I usually increase by 1 or 2 miles. On long runs I don't really care much about how much time it takes me. Hope this makes sense...:)

G'morning Cheetahs!! I actually heard my alarm & dragged myself outta bed. I decided to do KPC plus abs. (and I even did 2 sets of the pikes, I must be nuts!) I just love KPC, it goes by so quickly!! Then I got my dd's off to school & now I've got to get Allison ready for preschool. Then I get to go to the dentist for a cleaning, fun fun! My dentist is a great guy though, we like to talk running because he has run a marathon (although he likes to remind me that he's an old man now & that was over 10 yrs ago!! ;-) ).

I'm feeling much better finally. My cough has gotten much better, although I still wake up w/ a bit of a sore throat. Then the drainage seems to get better as the day goes on- yuck! Of course, now Allison woke up w/ a drippy nose, so now I'm sure she'll come down w/ it!

One thing about having a party at my house, it's one way to get it spotless, now if only it would stay that way w/ 3 kids around!! :p

Have a great day!

Thanks Carole! Yes, That does help a lot. I was thinking that was what I should be doing, but I wasn't sure. I will do it that way from now on and see how that does :)

Jess - Glad the cough has gotten better! KPC does go by quickly! It is so much fun! I'll bet the food for your party was yummy! I sounded soooo good! The dentist that I used to go to ran, too. I switched, though. This one fishes - something my DH is into, but I am not overly excited about it :+

Linda

Good morning Cheetahs,

I've been MIA for the last few days or so. I was only able to do 3.5 miles on my TM today, woke up later than usual. Hopefully I can do another 2 or 3 tonight. Boy, I can't wait for Daylight Savings Time, I need more time;-)! It's so dark in the morning and I find myself getting up after 5:00 AM instead of 4:30 but once DLS starts, I'll be caught up!(at least for 6 months) You all seem to be doing well---keep up the great work cheetahs!

Katrina:)

Hi cheetahs!!

Can't stay for too long--have to get ready for work. Day 3 of my "being good" and I'm still struggling LOL. I do have my meditative yoga class tonight (which is really 95% meditation and 5% light stretching), so at least I have that to look forward to. Not that that's a lot of activity, but I'll be in a gym and can maybe live vicariously through the sweaty, grunting people there LOL.

I'd better have energy to spare on Sunday. I think my big fear is that I'm going to forget what it's like to run that long of a distance or lose the stamina I've built up. Stupid thought, I know; that's not the way it works, and I've experienced the opposite firsthand whenever I've been sick and had to miss workouts, then jumped right back and ran 10 miles or something. But still, it's a psychological thing more than anything else, and I'm trying to keep myself level-headed about everything.

Anyway, I'll try distracting myself with other stuff :). I must say it is nice to get to sleep in in the mornings. I just hope I don't get used to it and not want to get up for my workouts when I resume them!

Jennifer

Okay cheetahs,
I just spent 15 minutes posting personals and for some reason lost all of them,UGH!!!! Anyway, I am off to the treadmill for a 3-4 miler, depending on how my sciatica feels and then off to some yoga.

Have a great day and sorry about the personals.

susan

Good morning cheetahs! Nice to be chatting with you all again. I haven't posted in several days due to computer problems. Had a lightning storm that took it out despite a very expensive surge protector x( and right now I have a very determined pesky kitty that keeps getting in my way on the keyboard x(

Cathy- Have fun with GS legs tonight....it's a fryer!

Wendy- Any more races on tap? Your progress is amazing! Have a great time with your cardio of choice.

SunnyD- Love MM! It's got to be my favorite total body weight workout. Amazing how much it accomplishes in an hour! Sounds like you've been making good use of your gym too.

Christine- Sounds like your new job experience has been less then
memorable :( Sorry you've been cramped but it sounds like things should improve.

Laurie- LowMAX gives a great lower body workout IMO....you won't miss the weights. Have you had an injury? Sorry I missed this if that's the case.

Carole- Hey there always dependable SuperCarole! I guess you caught a bug :-( I bet your runs are a lot more comfortable now with the cooler weather. Have a great elliptical workout!

Welcome Runnergirl! Sorry I missed your intro!

Linda- Great job on your six miles! I'm with Carole on increasing the miles rather than distance and going at the pace your are comfortable with.

Jess- Sorry you've been sick as well. Sounds like a lot of cheetahs have been afflicted lately! BTW I got my flu shot yesterday and I hope all you other cheetahs are being smart and getting one as well!

Katrina- You sure are dedicated getting up at 0430 when it's so dark! I don't get any relief from that with daylight savings. I live in Az and we don't turn our clocks back for noone!

Time to get moving.... I'll hit the TM for a 4 mile run and then I think some p90x Core synergistics. I've continued to improve slowly on my groin pull injury. I can run okay but not very fast...oh well, eventually I'll get there!

Take care everyone!

ShellyC

Hello Ladies

This is just a quick check in and then off to the 'to-do' list.

Jes- I hope you are feeling better. I should have listened to Carole and tried some of her remidies; I am on day 11 of this virus and my nose is raw.

Shelly- nice to have you back on bord :)

Linda- way to go on 6 miles! :)

Susan- How did you feel during and after that treadmill run today? No sciatica pain hopefully!

Jennifer- Good job on being disciplined and careful!

Runner girl- 3 miles felt good? Ok fantastic. Keep stretching :)

Carole- How long will ou do S&H? This week is GS for me. But I don't put S&H in my weeks very often. Do you get good results? Perhaps I should, (but not when I have a virus). GS C&T were hard for me today. I even went to failure with 20# on the triceps exercise where in a sitting postiton you lower the DB with both hands from an extended position behind your head.

So, I did GS Ch & Tri as mentioned and my own leg exercises. I need to do abs but time is short.... I did have a tenis game, and my bone spur did not act up. In tennis with the quickness of the game from a standstill, I have experienced some PF issues in the past. Today was great though.

"Hi" to Barb and Christine and fitlibrarian and Wendy and Elaine... and any one else who checks in today.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Hi Ladies:) Switched my workout up and did RS warm up/MIC step and LowMax blasts only then it was the upper body's turn with BodyPump. Productive day off, got the oil changed in the car and got a new pair of jeans after trying on about 15 pairs. I'm going to give my bathroom a good scrub top to bottom after this.

Carole, is DH still using the elliptical? I think it's great how much you are enjoying it:)

RunnerGirl, have fun with PUB, my favourite upperbody workout!

Linda, that's two PUBers in a row!! I'm really anxious to see the PT and get running again, don't want to lose my Cheetah spots:D

Katrina, good work and darned early too!!

Jennifer, being good can be so tough but we love that rightous feeling when we're successful!!

Susan, don't you just hate it when that happens!! Enjoy your yoga and run!

Shelly, I think I have an overuse injury to my ankles, especially on the right, I'm not running and am seeing a PT on Thursday. I think I over did it running 21.1K twice in 2 weeks. Hind sight is 20/20 as they say. Your pesky kitty made me smile, I think it's cute that your kitty wants your undivided attention:) Glad you got your computed back up and running and that your injury is improving albeit slowly. We'll be back to full speed before we know it *knock wood*:)

ETA~~ Hey Judy :)

Take Care
Laurie

Me again:)

I finished my 4 miler and my 30 minute yoga session. The run was good. I cannot go any faster than about 6.8-7.0 without feeling a ache in the left butt cheek. I was not in pain though and I am just going to keep doing it slow and staying with the yoga.

Shelly, nice to hear from you. Great news that your injury is healing too. It just is not fast enough for us cheetahs.

Have a great afternoon ladies.

Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.