Cheetahs Thursday 7/27

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Hey Cheetahs!

Today is lawmax and cardio at home.

Yesterday's work out ROCKED! I'm surprised that I don't have DOMS after running a few hills AND doing Slim and Lean....THANKS CATHE!;-)

Well, I gotta get a move on if I want to finish cutting the grass before it turns SUPER deadly out there!:eek:

I'll be back later!:)

Hello Running fans

Our computer was off line yesterday. After much time spent on thephonewe are back to the present. It is amazing how out of touch we felt with no internet access.

Carole- I read the good news about your nephew. Blessings to all of you during the surgery and there after.

I must go get started as I am way behind. I will run and do some weights not sure what yet.

Hi to all the Cheetahs; I apologize for no personals today.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Oh Judy, I can't function with out the internet! LOL I remember when we first moved here and we didn't have a phone for a couple of weeks so we had no internet (pre-cable modem days for us) and I was about out of my mind by the time the guy came to run the phone lines! Thank goodness I had stuff to keep me busy since we were still unpacking and organizing and such. ;)

Well, my morning is not going as planned. I went out to cut the grass early to avoid the bad heat but I am currently at a stand-still with that and so it will have to wait until atleast nap time now sooo, I think I am going to go the gym. I won't have time for a work out AND grass cutting at nap time.

I HATE YARDWORK!:p

Good morning cheetahs

Wendy...Sorry about the yardwork today. Have fun at the Gym if you go. Great TM workout yesterday!!

Elaine...7:37!! awesome pace for your repeats. Yes I do have a Nordic Track and will use it today hoping tomorrow might be cooler. We normally don't have the heat like this for this long. The high 90's and low 100's are normal but this over 110 is awful. Hope you had a good elliptical workout yesterday..

Yadi..I agree, it is better to get workouts done early for me too...

Colleen ...Welcome...I've had some ITB trouble also. Sounds like you are doing things the right way and getting back into it slowly. I agree Cathe workouts are great. I am 47, live in Norhtern Cal, married 25 yrs without kids and am self employed as a manicurist...

Laurie...there has seemed to be alot of controversy with stretching for runners lately...I normally stretch out my body before I run but not always after...do you always have the stitch or was it just last night during the tempo run?

Shelly...6 mile and Core Syn!!...wow!!! I don't have a TM though...but I can watch football and do my Nordic track, but I do hope the weather is cooler by football season!!

Mattea..that is a late lunch!...I didn't know you were not a fan of lowends...:)...sounds like you modified StepFit very well...:)

Judy...it is amazing how we are lost without our internet connection...enjoy your workout.

I do want to thank you all for your continued prayers and great support for John and our family. Yesterday was not a great day for him as the drugs wore off and he finally faced what was going on...:(...I know there will be days like that..in the new facility he is without all of his many friends and I bet that was tough. The surgery was almost put off until Monday as they put him in this round bed that is always rotating to stabilize his spine. But the good news is the surgery was moved up to today! So by yesterday afternoon my family down there and John were in alot better spirits. So, onward we go...:)

I'll be doing my Nordic track for cardio and PUB Chest & Back. It was cooler yesterday so that was very nice. Today they are saying 108...

Have a great day...

I'm running late so I'll come back with personals after my a.m. appointments but I have to share this. I was scheduled for a 5k steady run today, I was going to map it out last night but got home too late so I did it this morning. I mapped it out and saw that it indeed said 5 so away I went. Happily I had no stitch at all today so the run felt good but kinda long, I took 3 very short walk breaks and 1 heavenly sprinkler break. I was getting kind of weary near the end but kept going, got in my front door and checked my time, 52 minutes, WTH......I check the mapmyrun site and don't you know that I ran 5 MILES, not 5 K, that would be 8.18K, I amuse myself completely and feel very accomplished. I now know 2 new things about running....I am indeed a CHEETAH and I will NEVER map a run in the morning again without my fix of caffeine:7

TOODLES FELLOW CHEETAHS.....:7

I really do amuse myself:+

Later Ladies

Take Care
Laurie:)

Good morning all!

Laurie- WTG!!!! You had it in you to do more than you thought :7 It shows you that running is just as much a mental challenge as a physical one! You are indeed a certified 100% cheetah!!! Pretty darn good time for 5 miles also.

Wendy- Have a great gym experience today! I've heard lots of postive things about the Jari Love workouts. I may check it out after I'm done fully experiencing p90x.

Carole- I didn't know you had a Nordictrack. That must be great for crosstraining. Your nephew is bound to have those up and down days mentally. It will be a big relief to have this surgery done I'm sure. Those rotorest beds are fantastic for spinal cord injury patients. The constant turning will prevent skin breakdown and pneumonia while keeping his spine immobilized for healing.

Mattea- I also modifiy alot of Cathe's step workouts to make them
higher impact. HMMMM...maybe we're both borderline insane;-)
I'm guilty also of always using 8", even with the IMAXs.

Okay, enough babble I'll check in later to say hi to other fabulous cheetahs. 4 miles today and GS C&T woooohoooooo

ShellyC

Good morning!

My workout today is GS Back, Shoulders and Biceps and an 8 mile run. Yesterday I did the core work from ME and Bootcamp. I can't remember the last time I did ME and I must say, the core work was tough! Was it just me or do any of you find that to be the case?

Laurie, OK, I have to admit that as I was reading the account of your run I was thinking "52 minutes?? She must have crawled that 5K!!" Thanks so much for the morning chuckle!!:) :) Hey, were there any hills in that route?:+

Hi Colleen! I know what you mean about injuries. I'm a bit younger than you at 46 years old, but I've got to be careful these days and not push it too hard. It also took me a while to get back into it after my almost 5 year old DD was born. Sounds like your doing great!

Carole, I imagine your nephew will have a few more tough days. How long will he be in San Jose? Do you watch TV when you are on your Nordic Track? I recently started watching 24 on DVD when I am on my elliptical. I've gotten through 8 workouts quite easily since I've been engrossed in what Jack Bower is up to!! :eek:

Shelly, I have P90X but have only done about 1/2 of the workouts. Core Synergistics is not one of them. Is it high, low or no impact? Is it strictly core work? Is it tough?

Wendy, I have NEVER mowed a lawn! When I was a kid I had older brothers who had that job. Now DH does it. I guess I should consider myself lucky seeing how much you hate it. How was the gym workout?

Judy, I feel lost without the internet too! When I tell my 15 year old DS how we didn't have VCRs, cable, PCs, etc. when I was a kid he tells me that I must have had a terrible childhood!

Hello to all chiming in later!

Hey Cheetah Chickies!:)

I did my 40 min ICycle at the gym this morning but this time I used an actual spin bike. AWESOME! I was sweatin' buckets and the legs were on FIRE! WOOH!}(

Carole...I'm still pulling for your nephew! Have a great work out today. It's times like these when they really come in handy to let some of that stress out!

Laurie...YOU GO GIRL! That is fantastic! WOW! I'm impressed! Can you come here and teach me how to do that? ;)

ShellyC...Have fun with GSC&T! Great work out!

Elaine...ME's ab work IS tough but I LOVE it! It's one of my fave Cathe ab segments. }( I am not one to work the abs for very long (like Coremax-I sold it...just couldn't get into it.) so a nice short but tough segment really works for me!

Wow! The Cheetahs must be busy girls this afternoon! I'm surprised no one else has posted since I was here last!:p

Good Afternoon:) Wendy, sounds like you're having a 'go with the flow' day. It's too darn hot for yardwork anyway;-) Glad you got your workout in. I used to love spinning, huge calorie burner and waaaay different cardio than cycling on the road.

Judy, welcome back, I know that out of touch feeling and what a treat it is to get re-connected. Hope you got caught up with your day and got a good workout in:)

Carole, lots of prayers for your nephew and family. I can't imagine the ups and downs that this roller coaster ride to recovery will hold for all of you. It's wonderful that you can support each other and work together to smooth out some of the bumpier bumps ahead. It's stressful times like these that personal fitness is such a gift, a great time to think or not think. Hope you can stay cool today sister Cheetah:)

Shelly, thanks, you're so right about the mental aspect, my legs knew it was a longer run but I kept telling myself to stay commited to the course. Let us know how the GS C&T pushups go}( :) Pesonally, they consistently keep me humble.

Elaine:) , yup there were 2 hills and one looooong incline. The running book I use suggests the mantra 'character' while running up hills, (for me it's more like 'ho-ly crap...':+) I also tried pumping my arms faster to get the legs going. Both strategies were helpful and I'm always open to suggestions. Your workouts sound great. I like the mix of BC and ME abs. I do find ME challenging but in a good way, I love jack knife crunches.

After my run this morning I felt very rushed and was still pretty flushed when I got to clinic. My hair was a bit wilder than usual and I had no make up on (people are gonna wonder what the heck I'm getting up to). I didn't get a chance to stretch and am back to work soon so no time till much later.

Thanks to all for your support and generosity in sharing your expansive running knowledge, you help me stay focussed and commited more than I can say:)

Take Care
Laurie

Hi all! Had a great workout this am with my run and GS C&T, LOVE those drop sets of pushups. They seem almost easy since I've been using p90x and doing all those varying endless sets of pushups! I also tacked on impulsively the p90x legs and back. The legs portion seemed easy the first time I tried it. This time I felt challenged. Great workout!

Elaine- Core synergistics is a core/cardio workout I guess you can say. Extremely effective and challenging and FUN. I think this workout in particular would be beneficial in training for runners.
Check it out!

Wendy- our spinnin cheetah....WTG!!!

Laurie- love your mantra for hills....LOL :)

ShellyC

Good evening everyone. Had a busy day today. I went food shopping @BJ's. Spent to much money cuz my older son came with me and threw in a few shirts. Then I had to clean my upstairs bedroom, bath, and computer room today which I usally do on Thursday. I download ItriTraining which is really good but I only did the itread part and what a tough workout I had. I actually lost my breath towards the end.

Carole my prayers are still with your nephew and I hope you have fun on your nordic track. Its been really hot and humid here in NJ. So no run outside until the heat dies down a little.

Judy I would really be lost without a computer. Glad its up and running again.

Wendy hope you find some running sneakers today:)

Laurie wow what a run you had. I like that website mapyourrun. That is so cool.

Hi to all the other Cheetahs Shelly, Barb, Elaine, ect.

Hey gals!

Here are the running shoes I got tonight:

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7207683.html

Mine are green and gray.

I decided just to buy them there cause I felt the price was reasonable. I came home and looked on line a bit and didn't find 'em cheaper then what I paid so I guess I did good! :)

The guy brought out 3 different brands that all addressed the same issue he found me to have-low arches-and then it was up to me.

You know I'm going to the gym and gettin' on that treadmill tomorrow!}(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.