::: CHEETAHS ::: thursday, 5.24

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetahs! :)

Kenpo is on tap for the afternoon. Not sure if I want to sub for it, or stick with it since it is, after all, the last time it's on the rotation. Will see what I'm up for when I get home.

Have a great day, everyone!
~Cathy :)

Good Morning Cheetah-Babes!:)

Cathy, I say do Kenpo!}(

I have spin on tap for this morning PLUS possibly Shape It Up and chin ups. I'll see what happens...

BBL!:*

TGIT...Feels like Friday here

Cathy- wow you really accomplished much last night. Teachers never seem to be caught up. I think many people do not realize the 'homework' teachers have to do to be prepared!

Wendy- taking your bands along for the weekend sounds like a good idea. After the hockey tournament, I hope to be able to attend a party with DH at a friends "lake house" (not a cottage by any means)

Today is a 4 mile run and extra stretching. Yesterday I did ME upper body and LIC cardio blast (48"). Great workout!

We leave at 1:00pm so I will be doing all the last minute pre-trip chores.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.smileyhut.com/silly/arrowhead.gif

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

Judy - Have a safe trip! I'm sure you will have lots of fun.

Wendy - No big weekend plans here. We have a high school graduation party to attend Saturday afternoon. Hopefully, I will be able to find time to take DS to see Spiderman 3 and DH wants to take him to go see Pirates of the Carribbean. Also, I plan to go through my kitchen stuff and maybe some of the kids stuff to get ready for a yard sale. I really need to get rid of stuff. The baby stuff will be sold then too. I'm even going to sell my double baby jogger, even though I love it. However, DS is getting too big for it and DH and I won't be having any more kiddos. It is taking up too much room. If only we could afford a bigger house instead, but then we would still be keeping all of the extra stuff we should be getting rid of. Okay, I'm not keeping it, but my pack-rat DH does. LOL Your weekend sounds like a lot more fun!

Today I might go on a short 3 mile run. However, I might change my mind as lunch time rolls around.

Hi Cathy, and all cheetahs that follow! I'll try to be back later for more personals.

Good morning cheetahs

Yesterday eneded up being a DOR. I had this awful pain in my right hip and it even hurt to walk. I went to see my nephew and he adjusted me. It felt so much better. Not sure at all what happened? Things are feeling much better today..

Cathy..have fun with Kenpo or whatever you might sub...:)

Wendy...enjoy your spinning class.

Judy..have a good run and a fun weekend!

Kristi...sounds like a busy weekend for you! I thought of maybe seeing the Pirates movie too. been a long time since we went to the show.

I was so happy to see Jordan win American Idol last night! What a beautiful voice she has.

So today will ne yesterdays workout, legs, S&H Back & Bi's, abs and 30-40 min on my EXT.

Have a great day...:)

Well I managed to get about half of Shape It Up done! I could have done the whole thing but I wanted some time before I had to get Joey up and get ready for my class at the gym. I'll have about 45 mins of SIU left to do when I get home later plus chin ups and then I can take my rest day tomorrow GUILT FREE! WOOH! That will also leave me wide open for whatever work out I want to do while I am in a/c on saturday! (run or resistance or both!)

Gotta get the kiddo up now so I'll be back later!

Toodles!:+

Good morning!

Cathy - So glad you enjoyed your run and you had beautiful weather! When the temps rise, do you still run in the afternoons or do you try and do earlier runs? Yay for you getting Squeeze in and the test!!

Wendy - I like changing up between weights and resistance bands. Works the muscle in a totally different way. And, yes, they travel so well. Enjoy your spin class, SIU and chin ups.

Judy - Enjoy your run and have a safe and fun trip.

Kristi - Loved Spiderman 3. I think it's the best of the trilogy.

Carole - Glad that hip pain is gone. Nice to have a nephew to adjust you. Enjoy your workout today.

Sunny - I got the iTrain email but when I opened it up, it was all gibberish. x(

Where's Linda this week?

I did an IFIT treadmill workout. No thinking required. Just let the workout guide the treadmill. Got in 3 miles of easy running. Then it was on to Sculpt Sweatfest. I'm liking this one more each time I do it. Finished up with about 10 minutes of Cool It Off Express. Love this stretch.

Have a terrific Thursday!

Jackie

Good morning ladies,
I am off to the zoo. I am going on a field trip in Ally's 1st grade class to chaperone. It should be fun. So, today will be a day of rest. I have some major DOMS from PUB yesterday. That is such an awesome workout.

Tonight, I am then going to the mall for shopping and dinner at PF changs with several girlfriends. I am very busy today:)

I will be back in the morning. Have great workouts ladies.

Susan

Good morning cheetahs! I got in a nice LONG sleep last night and boy, did I need it! I've actually been feeling my age lately:eek:
I heard from DH yesterday and my FIL recovered quite nicely after a rocky first night. He is out of ICU and all is well:) Now my MIL is relaxing some and things are easier for my poor DH.

Cathy- I have to admit, Kenpo is my least favorite w/o in the p90x series. I never felt it did anything for me at all although alot of people love this one. Hey, I ordered the Squeeze dvd yesterday (along with AllBody Attack). Can't wait to try it!!

Wendy- How nice that you're getting out of town this weekend! It will be so nice in A/C this time of year! I'll bet you get in a great run on the boardwalk :) I've been considering getting a good set of bands to use when I go on vacation. I'll check out the ones on fwonline.

Judy- You'll be having a fun weekend also:7 Have a great time at your hockey tournament and I hope it works out that you can go to the lake house party..... sounds divine!

Kristi- I always feel so accomplished after a yard sale and a good
decluttering. I have one of those packrat DHs myself! Have a great weekend!

Carole- Oh no! Not again! I can't remember, is this a new area of pain... R hip? You're lucky to have a handy chiropracter who is related! Glad to hear that it is better today. At least you have your EXT to keep in shape with no impact until this resolves.
Keep us informed!!

Jackie- I've always been curious about those TMs with the iFit
programming. Sounds like you got in a good workout, and I like the part about no thinking required;-)

Well, I'll be staying home all day but plan on keeping quite busy.
After my run I'll be doing yardwork and cleaning that I've been putting off for quite a while. Today I'll be running just around my hilly neighborhood. It'll be 7.5 miles in a 3/1 pattern, that is 5 miles at a relaxed pace and 2.5 miles hopefully at 10krace pace...
we'll see! Later today I'll get in a 40 min iCycle.

ShellyC

Hi Susan- Have a fun time on the field trip, hope it won't be too crazy for ya with all those little ones! PF Changs for dinner.....
:9 :9

ShellyC

Hey Ladies:) I have no appointments until mid afternoon so I enjoyed a great morning. This cheetah was on wheels today (a wheetah perhaps:+) 25k bike ride, B-Max2 u/bx2 and a long stretch for hips and hams. Gorgeous day for a ride, about 10k was along the shores of Lake Ontario and the breeze was at my back...so nice. Yesterday's facial was lovely and included a back, hand and foot massage, I totally got into the zone and caught myself snoring a few times:+ I'm going to see what's brewing in the bottom of the composter and turn that into some of my beds before planting.

Cathy, all that P90 stuff sounds so mysterious to me. Have a good work out (whatever Kenpo is:D ).

Wendy, sounds like a busy day, enjoy!

Judy, nice mix of ME and LIC....I love the cardio in LIC especially the first combo..so fun!

Kristi, enjoy your run:)

Carole, glad that your nephew could get your testy hip back in good working order...hope your workout today is a good one!

Jackie, sounds like a very good workout. I feel out of touch with some of the workouts you guys are doing, I guess I should check out what's new at VF.

Later Cheetahs! :)

Take Care
Laurie

ETA: Susan, enjoy your busy day, sounds like fun. PUB is my fave upperbody!

Shelly, you've got a busy day too! Have fun with those hills....I am so bad at re routing runs to avoid them....I'm such a cheatah:+ Okay, I'm just being goofy now...away I go :7

Good Morning Cheetahs!

Got in a good workout this morning. Did the warm up from “Have Mercy” then skipped ahead to the 30 minute tempo ride and did that. Every minute you switch gears and he has you standing in very easy gears which is killer!! Great workout – really hit my hamstrings and glutes. Then I followed that with BBC S&A. I like Joey, but he’s chatty, too… I did find myself saying, “You know, you’re cute, but please be quiet.” :+ I also wrenched my neck on the overhead presses (at the beginning during the shoulder burn out) which is really weird as I used really light weights. *shrugs* Nothing a few courses of Advil and some Ben Gay won’t cure.

Cathy – I like Kenpo, but do what you want! Are you enjoying your last week of the “X”?

Wendy – Enjoy Spin! Don’t you just LOVE a guilt free rest day! Good for you! Sounds fun! I might take a spin class this weekend. And yeah – the bands is a good idea. I take my bands, some of the P90X workouts and my running shoes – they pack well and you get one bang up workout! Enjoy!

Judy – enjoy your weekend in Canada!! Sounds like a fun time – I love hockey!

Kristi – Sounds like you have a busy weekend planned! Wow! I want to see the Pirates Movie AND Shrek 3. Enjoy!

Carole – wow! Glad you’re feeling better! Enjoy your workout!

Jackie – I need to get more stretching videos. I may just get that one. Glad you enjoy it!

Susan – are you going to the San Francisco Zoo? I love that place! I took Anna over the summer and we just had a blast! Have fun!

Shelly – back to the insane workouts! A 7.5 mile hilly run, AND a 40 minute iCycle. So, when are you entering your dualathalon? :+

Laurie – oh, I’m jealous – that sounds like a fabulous ride! I’m a “wheetah” too. I’m so enjoying my cycling. Sounds like you have a great day planned! Enjoy it!

Best get back to work. I’m moving a bit slowly today, so I must hustle! Have a fab day ladies!

It's all done!!!!

Shape It Up, Spin class, 13 chin ups and then I even added Cool It Off Express at the end! WOOH!}(

Now I have to get to some housework!

BBL!:)

Hey ladies,

quick post before i am off to pick up ds#1 from school:)
today i throughly enjoyed another goodie from itrain. i did istrength circuit #9. strength workout interpersed with various cardio drills. one of the drills were fast sprints on the treadmill...whew!!!

i hope everyone is enjoying their day:)

ttyl...

Hey Cheetahs!

I am finally settling in for some personals!

Judy: I am sure you are on your way to Montreal so you may not even read this but have a safe trip!!! Hope you got to the party at the lake house and hope it was fun!

Laurie: I really like Baron Baptiste's Journey into Power 2. It's one of my newest purchases. I will always love Yoga X as that is the vid that got me into yoga to begin with. I rarely do it in full but I still love it!:)

Sunny: Didn't like the gym daycare job, ey? LOL I am not a "kid person" so to speak. I mean, I love my son to pieces and like and get along with the kids in my family and all but I am not one who can say "I LOVE KIDS" in general so it surprises me that I have had the patience to deal with this job as long as I have! LOL

Shelly: Glad to hear that your FIL is doing well so your MIL has calmed down a bit. Hugs go out to your DH. He's got his hands full! :) I recently got called for jury duty but was able to get out of it cause I'm a SAHM and my DH won't get paid if he stays home to watch DS while I go to court. BTW, I got the pro challenge bands from FW. I think they have more then one kind. They seem pretty good. I haven't used them yet except to test the resistance differences between them.

Christine: Thanks for the info on the spin shoes! I am definately going to look into this!}( I wish I could take a work out dvd with me to a/c but I won't have access to a player. I'll probably bring my ipod for the run though and then just create my own work out with the bands.

Kristi: I can't say for sure that I owe any changes in my body to yoga but my flexibility has DEFINATELY increased by leaps and bounds! I also just feel so much better when I do it!:) BTW, don't feel bad...my DH doesn't give massages nearly as often as I'd like him to either!:( I might be going to see Pirates this weekend too! I am going to see if there is a movie theater close by to where we will be that offers a matinee of pirates on Sunday!!!

Cathy: You like to run on the beach? I haven't had the nerve to try that one yet! I'm a wimp!;):7

Carole: I am glad your hip is better. Every once in a while I get pretty painful twinges in my left hip when I walk or move a certain way. They come and go.

Susan: Busy day for you! Enjoy! I can't wait to take my DS to the zoo! It's one of many things on our agenda for this summer!:)

Hey there, cheetah babes! :)

Judy :: I’d hoped to get some of the grading out of the way so that it wasn’t all left to the weekend, but I simply ran out of steam by that point in the night. My first few years of teaching I was not working out at all because I was so obsessed with trying to get work done and keep my head above water. I think it is one of those jobs where you could work almost around the clock, if you let yourself. But I think I’ve learned to strike a healthier balance now and don’t try to do it all…Enjoy the hockey tournament (good luck to DS) & the party on the lake!

Kristi :: hope you enjoyed your run, if you opted for one.

Carole :: yikes! Hope the hip’s feeling better today. I had some strange pain in my back yesterday while running, but now it's gone. I think sometimes these things just come out of nowhere!

Jackie :: in the summertime, I either run really early in the AM or later in the evening (depending on what I’m doing for work). Last summer, I was in northern Germany visiting family for almost two months…there isn’t really any humidity in that part of the country, so I didn’t have to deal with the ungodly temps typical of the summers in Jersey…I’m wondering about Linda, too.

Susan :: mmm, Chang’s!! One of my faves. Love the lettuce wraps and the Mongolian Beast. Enjoy your girlfriends’ hang!

Shelly :: glad FIL is now on the road to recovery and MIL is calming down. It's nice of DH to be there with them...I’m not overly fond of Kenpo, either. I think I’m gonna opt for KM, KPC, or one of the newer k’box vids I’ve picked up. Mind still isn’t made up…Can’t WAIT to hear what you think of Squeeze. I’m wondering if it’ll be tough enough for you!!

Laurie :: having a good chuckle over here at you snoozing through your treatments yesterday…sounds heavenly!…Kenpo is Tony’s version of a k’boxing workout. It’s kind of light on the cardio.

Christine :: yikes about your neck! Hope it’s not serious. Yes, I’m enjoying this last week…At first, I had the notion of blowing off the recovery week, but since I was under the weather all last week, I figured I’d better lose the ambitions & just stick with the program. It’s there for a reason. And I’m not Shelly, after all. ;) :)

Wendy :: yeah, I run near the water – not in the regular sand. Have done a few 5Ks on the beach – they’re fun. I’m with you – I couldn’t handle working in a daycare. But it won’t be long before you’re racking up clients to train!! :)

OK, I'm waiting on a pizza delivery - where is this guy?? I'm hungry!!!

Hi to Sunny, Gayle, Linda, Marcia, and anyone else dropping in.

I opted for KM Cardio Leg Sculpt (whoo! Forgot how high impact that is!) minus the leg drills. Instead, I added on my own mix of lower body moves from Squeeze. OUCH!!! Plus, I did a triceps segment, too. After lifting so heavy with the X, it's hard to believe how much a 3 lb. weight can make you burn. My Squeeze obsession rages on!!!

I already had DOMS in the legs from yesterday's run + lower body Squeeze work, so tomorrow I should be feelin' REAL good. }( Ah, but we love our DOMS, don't we?

Have a great night, ladies! It's already 7:20...I don't see any grading happening again tonight. YAWN! It's shower and then couch time for this cheetah!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.