:::CHEETAHS::: Thurs. Nov. 9

I'm hoping to get DrillMax in somewhere today. I have early appointments this a.m. at the clinic and then I have a bunch of running around to do. I was hoping for some yoga before work but the clock's 'a tickin' and lunches aren't made yet, darned snooze buttonx( The clinic staff was great yesterday, very accommodating. I added 6 appointments/week which will really help fill the gap of not working at the spa. I'll miss the spa tips though, I LOVED that part!:)

I'm off to checkout yesterday's thread and see what I missed.

Take Care
Laurie

Good mornin' cheetahs,

Laurie- have fun with drillmax. glad to see you are already adding up the appts.!

today's workout was arms and abs/20 min treadmill from bbc.

ttyl...

Good Morning all.

Laurie: Ooooh, have fun with DrillMax! That work out is PURE evil!}( }( }( :p Glad you are getting in extra appointments at the clinic to help pick up the slack from the spa closing.

Sunny: Have a great work out!

I have some good DOMS in my U/B from y'day's class! I knew it ROCKED!}(

I have a run planned for this evening at the gym...4-6 miles or 60 mins w/no mileage goal.

I don't have to be at work until 9 today so I have some extra time this morning...feels like vacation! LOL :p

Good morning cheetahs! Sorry I missed out on a few days. It's been a crazy work schedule for me x( Anyway I caught up on some news yesterday, lots of busy cheetahs! Dont have time for personals now but hopefully later today I can check back in.

I'm having a great time with the new workouts still. Can't get enough of them....especially DrillMax. Had a pretty good 5 mile run yesterday, and got in the abs from B&G. Today will be LIC when I get off work and later I'll put in an hour on the elliptical.

I've been busy party planning too. Every Nov. 10th, DH and I have a "Marine Corps birthday" party. We have a bunch of friends over for a steak BBQ and everyone dresses in camos or something military.
This year my brother is coming! He is sort of a celebrity. He is the Army JAG (Judge Advocate General). Even though he is a major general he is still a down to earth nice guy and still remembers his little sister :)

Hi to all you lovely Cheetahs
A quick note to Laurie- I'm so sorry about your job at the spa! Major bummer!!!! I'll bet your clients will be loyal to you though!

tata
ShellyC

Good morning Cheetahs!

Laurie - Glad they are giving you more time at the clinic! That is good! But I am sure the tips at the spa would be extra nice, too! I have yet to try Drill Max! I really need to do it!

Sunny - Good workout! You must really be liking those BBC's! I have got to check them out!

Wendy - Enjoy your run at the gym! Glad the class went well yesterday! }(

Shelly - Oooo! The BBQ sounds great! Sounds like fun! It is good that your brother is coming, too. Great job on the run and abs! Have fun with your workout today!

This morning I did a 5.5 mile run on the treadmill and did the floorwork of B&Gs. I sure do wish I could go outside to run during the week before work!!! :-( But my DH will not let me go out on the road when it is still dark x( I know...he is trying to 'tect me ...so that is good. :)

Hi to everyone and hope everyone has a great day!

Linda

Ughhh…all right, I think I overdid it with CM (CoronaMax) last night. If there’s a workout on the horizon for me today, it will definitely be in the afternoon/evening. I’m going to sit here and vegetate until it’s time to head down to the outlets @ Rehoboth Beach with a few friends. (No school today and tomorrow - teachers' convention.)

Catching up with posts from y'day & today...

Elaine :: I do have long, dark hair like Elaine, but that’s probably where the similarity ends. The Cliff’s Notes version of the sneezer story involved a family dining at the table next to my friend and me. The guy – a big, burly man who looked like a Sopranos extra – started sneezing – LOUD! (It’s kind of a pet peeve of mine when people sneeze like wild animals in restaurants.) Anyway, he was on a tear – sneeze after sneeze -- and then his final outburst was a teensy, girly little “Haatch-eee!” Well, I lost it. Out of control. He GLARED at me and said, “Don’t laugh at me. It’s not funny!” Scary guy!

Jess :: glad your first PT went well…I know what you mean about struggling to pinpoint the pain when you’re in the doc’s office. If it can fit into your budget, I think you would benefit from monthly massages. Maybe we should employ Laurie to be an on-the-road cheetah masseuse! :) Good workout yesterday.

Laurie :: glad you’ve loaded up on appointments. Have fun w/ DM (if it's possible!)

Wendy :: enjoy your downtime this morning…have a great workout later!

Sunny :: good workout! Sounds like you’re on a Barry kick this week.

Shelly :: how’s the adductor after yesterday’s 5 miler? The Marine Corps party sounds fun. Who’s birthday is it?

Linda :: I refuse to run in the dark, too. Not even so much for predators or driver visibility but because I am always turning my ankles…in the dark, it’s just too hard to see the cracks in the pavement, etc. But safety is definitely a factor for me, too. I’m dreading the fact that darker evenings are coming…will have to make it work somehow, I guess.

Hi to everyone else…have a great day! Will try to check back in later.
cathy

Hey Cheetahs! Good Morning. I have some DOMS from my workout yesterday, which was LIC. Fun workout but I also think some of it is still left over from BM2! I think my arms are really going to benefit from the Nov. rotation I am doing!

Shelly, Have fun with LIC. Have you done that one yet? I thought it was fun. I am doing dm tomorrow and I am excited because it just looks so tough! I like the tough ones but I wonder if it can be harder than BM2? Your party sounds like it is going to be fun.

Linda good job on the run. I have a run scheduled today and I think I might run outside because it is supposed to get up to 70! Is this nov in PA??!!!

Laurie, let me know how DM is. Glad you are getting lots of appts. You are a massage therapist? Is that right.? Have a great day.

SunnyD, Have a great day and enjoy your w/outs.

Wendy, enjoy the run. It sounds like most of us are running today. I can't believe what a difference that night splint I have been wearing at night makes.

I'll check in again later if I have time!
Later taters.
LD

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...I am sure we would get into trouble together...but it would be so fun!!! Great story about the sneezing guy! Sorry about the CM's getting to you...have a great day with your friends...:)

Laurie...I forgot that you worked for a chiro...I am so glad you do with the spa closing, but I do understand about the ambience at the spa and that you will miss that...that is great you added some appts!! Have fun with DM!

Wendy...wow!! That Bootcamp class sounds tough...you did great!! yesterday I did 10 min of an iTread workout and then a 30 min program on my Elliptical for 40 mins. have fun with your TM run at the gym..

Shelly...I tackle DM on Sat...I'll let you know how it goes...you have been getting in some tough workouts...the party sounds fun. I am glad you will get to see your brother, should be alot fo fun!!

Christine...I guess it really does not matter if the workouts skip a bit as we are all getting replacements so we won't have to worry about our players. I really am sorry for the stuff you are going thru right now...I do so hope things get better...sending hugs and prayers...

Jess...sounds like the PT visit went well. Stretches are very good for the IT band. Will you go back again or just continue on your own?

Sunny...good luck in the 5K!! A great distance for a first race...:)...good workout today..

Mattea...the tough part about B&G bonus abs is I was very sweaty from the Elliptical workut..so I kind kept slipping off the ball!! I did put a towel over the ball!.. and about those side to side planks...I think they just take some practice to get right and then you will feel them! I felt i got a few of them right and I did feel it...hope your rest day was nice yesterday.

Linda...I feel the Elliptical is great crosstraining for running. Elaine uses it in her marathon training. I don't know how many days a week you run but you could incorporate the Elliptical once or twice a week. Good workout yesterday! Running in the dark can be scary and I am glad your DH won't let you...I have done it a few tims but always with someone.

Susan...good workout with LIC and a premix form BM2 the other day! You seem to be enjoying the Elliptical too...I am glad you are liking the massages. No, I don't think I have heard of light therapy?...I am sure the cals burned on my Elliptical are way off...:)

Elaine...I do agree that massage is beneficial for injuries! I was having a problem with my left hip and hoping it was not sciatic again. My massage therapist worked hard on it and the next day the pain was gone...:)...and yes, scheduling a few days after a long run is better than the next day after...yeow...:)

I will be doing BM2 today!! Now that I know what weights I'll be using, I am sure it'll go smoothly...

Have a great day...:)

HI Cheetahs in Cheetah-land!

Laurie—Sorry about the spa job. That’s a bummer, but maybe this will turn out to be a blessing in disguise and new opportunities will flow? Good luck with DM today. I haven’t tried this one yet.

Sunny—have fun with arms, & abs – tell more about the boot camp program. It looks interesting.

Wendy—Enjoy (?) the DOMS. Good luck on the run tonight. Glad you are enjoying your extra time this a.m.!

Shelly—Some weeks are crazy at work—glad you are enjoying the new workouts. Your annual party sounds very fun. What do you think of Tony’s froggy frog stretch and the straddle-squat stretch on Stretch X for adductor stretching? I do that one, but sometimes wonder if I am not warmed up properly before working those muscles.

Linda – That’s sweet that your DH won’t let you out at dark times to run! It’s smart. I run in lighted areas (translation: boring) when it’s dark in early a.m. but running with the sun is much better. Good job on your TM run.

Cathy—sometimes a CM workout is what is needed! I share your giggle problem with various things. We have a friend (a highbrow wine snob friend) who has a little gas problem. I can barely control the giggles since he doesn’t even acknowledge his rather impressive sound show. My kids are not the gigglers--they can't believe a grown up does this -- but I sometimes have to leave the room.

LD- Glad you liked LIC – I haven’t tried it yet. Have fun on your run today. It’s unseasonably warm here in Michigan, too!.

Jess—glad you got some good info from the PT. I hope the stretches help and I bet they will! You'll be back running in no time.

Hi to all the Cheetahs stopping in later..

I haven’t checked in because of time-crunch max – but today I did a 4.5 mile tempo run outside and yesterday did a fun mish-mosh of a leg workout & shoulders only – no cardio:
So: Step ups from B&G,
then standing only B&G –doing 2 sets of firewalkers for the ITB
then the bonus glute squeezes,
then abs on B&G.
Then The first 3 shoulder exercises on MM & then Shoulders on BM2.

-Barb
:) :) :)

Hi Carole--we must have been posting at the same time. Have fun with BM2 today. I'm glad you figured out what weights to use. I'm not there yet and need to experiment more.

Christine--hoping today is a better day on all fronts!

Susan-I missed your earlier post, but I know a little about light therapy for SAD. PM me if you want.

have a great day everyone!

Mish-mosh edit:
I did the calves from GSL yesterday, too -- I am not sure why there aren't calf exercises on B&G, maybe I am missing something or calves are on another tape?

Also, today I did the floor & AW work on B&G -- for whatever reason, floor work after a run really helps my back not hurt and my legs not stiffen up moreso than stretching.

Good morning everyone! I'll be doing PUB this morning and after my elliptical guy comes to fix the squeak it's making I will either hop on it or go for a 6 mile run.

Carole, Tell me about it! I had a massage in the early evening on the day I ran Saint George. I didn't really feel like I wanted someone messing with my sore muscles but my DH and friend were going "Oh come on! It'll be great!" and were looking at my like I was crazy for even thinking of refusing! I don't think it helped much at all though so I won't give in to that peer pressure again! They both seemed to like it though.......

Laurie, I didn't realize that you worked at a clinic as well as a spa. While the spa closing is not good things are a bit better than what I imagined at first since I thought you were totally without a job. Hopefully you will be able to work something out soon where you will be getting those tips again!

Shelly, What is the significance behind your Marine Corps birthday party? How is your hip doing these days?

Linda, I'm with Cathy on the running in the dark thing. I'm too afraid I would hurt myself! As far as predators go, I carry pepper spray everytime I run alone.

Barb, Thanks for the info! I thought this was the case! I always take ibuprofen when needed for inflamation because naproxen doesn't seem to do a darned thing!

Sunny, Maybe I'll check out those Barry's Bootcamp reviews on VF after Christmas! LOL! I have all of my new Cathe's that I have not even opened yet so the last thing I need to buy is more DVDs. I'm glad you are loving them! One question I do have....when I saw the initial post on the Open Discussion forum I went to the BB site and saw that there is a treadmill workout. Do you think it could be used with an elliptical? I don't have a TM although I want one. My DH tells me that we have miles and miles of treadmill outside. Living here where the weather is awesome 99.9% of the time I can't argue with him much. So, the elliptical is all I've got to work with right now.

Wendy, Have fun with your run this evening. It seems like it was just yesterday that you started running on the treadmill for short periods of time and now you are up to 6 miles and/or 60 minutes! It should be a piece of cake for you to increase your mileage for your upcoming 1/2. Do you have a particular one in mind?

Cathy, Have fun shopping....not to mention your 4 day weekend!

In case I don't make it back today, Hi to Jess, Mattea, Christine and anyone else!!

Talk to you all later!

Hi Cheetahs :)

Christine- You are in my thoughts friend. ((hugs))

Jes- You've been getting help from the PT! great!

Barb- Your leg and shoulder WO looks exhausting!

Carole- enjoy BM2 today, those UB excercises get in there good :p

Wendy- You have a nice run planned. I can never not have a milage goal on the TM; I play littles games with my head the whole time to go farther. (CC has been helpful too!)

Laurie- I am glad to read that you are increasing your work at the chiroprators office. I hope you get to receive a great massage occaisionally too!

Sunny- Have a great arm and ab day :+

Shelly- I hope your party is fun! How nice to have your brother attend!

LD- LIC was thouough, and a nice hi intensity low impact day for in between runs. All the new workouts work well with running IMO.

Linda- My DH is strict with my running environment too! He prefers that I just run around the block 75 times or use the treadmill.x( x(

Today was BM2 upper body premix twice. (It really exhausted my muscles) Then stretch max on the SB.

Judy
"Likes2bfit"

Good morning ladies,

I do not have a lot of time for personals right now, but thoughtI would check-in really quick. I have to work in my middle child's classroom today and then I have a quick chiro appointment to get adjusted again. I did butts and gutts last night before bed afer my BlACK FOREST YUMMY CHOCOLATE CAKE!!!!!! It was for my hubby's b-day. Okay, back to butts and gutts. I thought it was a great workout! I don't think it is the hardest of all the cathe's lower body, but I thought it was a lot of fun and I liked that she did not use heavy weights. I do not have any DOMS today though, maybe I will tomorrow. I did a lot of stretching afterwards though.

Today I will doing the cardio and upper body blast from DM. Tomorrow, I am going to do the CArdio Fusion. I just LOVE these workouts!!!

Anyway, I have to go, but I will BBL!

Cheers!

Susan

Hi Judy--B&G was/is hard for me but my body feels good afterwards. But I only did the lat raises on MM and the band lat raises, then one set of the shoulder work on BM2. I might not be doing something right on BM2 weights since I am not feeling it's that hard. I think my form might be off using the ball. Good job on your premix today!

Susan--Have fun with DM today. I'm excited to hear your review of Cardio Fusion. have fun in your DD's classroom!

-Barb

:) :)

Hey all - for those of you who want to see DH (don't ask me today what the D stands for - it won't be nice :+) and me at Diwali (me in a Sari), click on the link below...

http://us.a2.yahoofs.com/users/43f6cad4zb97c10d2/b9cdscd/__sr_/ac6ascd.jpg?phIQ2UFBRAg1o6Sn

I took a rest day today - woke up all tired and achy. Trying to decide if this has something to do with the thyroid issues - hypothyroid does cause this, or if I'm coming down with a cold. Can't decide. :p So, I figured I'd sleep in. I'll do Drill Max tomorrow - looking forward to that. I don't care how achy my joints are!

I'll be back in a moment with personals.

Happy Day Cheetahs!
No time for personals as DH and I are on our way out of town for the long weekend and I have about a billion things to do. I've been running around like a Cheetah with her head cut off, lol:p

I did manage to squeeze in B&G this morning and WOWIE!!! I was feeling that. I'm wondering if we did something to offend Cathe and she decided to "spank" us for it;-)

You've been very busy cheetahs today with some great workouts and I'm proud of each and every one of you. I'd stand up to applaud, but my butt isn't really cooperating right now, it's just glad to be seated. Hi to Laurie, Cathy, Wendy, Shelly, Sunny, Elaine, Linda, Jess, Christine, Judy, LD, and Susan!

Just quickly--

Christine-Giant hugs and well wishes!

Carole-I think you're right about the abs, I'll have to remember to really tighten the core as I rotate, thanks:)

Barb-I think there are no calves on B&G b/c they're too far away from the B or the G, lol;-) But don't worry, all the lunge work and movement from exercise to exercise hits the calves nicely.

Have a great day!
Mattea

back for a minute ladies....

cathy- i am soooooo on a bootcamp kick right now. my body is sore in all the right places!!

carole- thanks, only 9 more days, yipppeeeeeeeeeee

barb- check out www.barrysbootcamp.com

elaine- i am jealous of your weather. may i ask where you live? i definitely think you could use an elliptical. i have an elliptical and plan on giving it a try when i do i will let you know how it worked for me.

christine- ok, i will bite. what does the "d" stand for today? LOL

hello to each and every cheetah!!

ttyl...

Okay – I’m back!!

Laurie – good luck fitting in Drill Max! Great job at getting more clients!

Sunny – Sounds like a great workout! How’re your boys? They are so cute! Oh and the “D” stands for any naughty word you can think of! :p

Wendy – Sounds like a great workout! Just go run! I love that. Glad you enjoyed the BC class so much!

Shelly – Drill Max is tomorrow, regardless. I’m looking forward to doing the workout you like so much! Oh, that party sounds fun! You must be so proud of your big brother!!

Linda – I’ve managed to get in a run starting around 6AM when it’s just starting to lighten. I actually like running in the dark, but I had a scare once, so I’m much more cautious.

Cathy – I’m familiar with CM, but it’s usually WM (WineMax) for me… Have fun in Rehoboth! I love that beach! And yeah, I’ve tripped over some sidewalks on rainy dark mornings, so I’m with you on that one. Your Soprano story had me howling.

LD – I haven’t tried LIC yet – but I’m looking forward to it! Good job on the DOMS. Enjoy your run! Glad the night splint is making such a difference.

Carole – absolutely about the skipping workouts! I was just happy it worked as I would have been bummed if I could not do at least ONE of them. Knock on wood that Drill Max works tomorrow! Thanks for the hugs and prayers. I’m a lot more optimistic today. I do think all will be well. After all with such wonderful ladies praying for me, how could they not? BM2 – I figured I’ll up the 5 lbs to 8/10. I usually just keep an array around me. 5 is just too light!

Barb – Much better, thanks hon! I’ll have to try the floor work after a run – sounds like a great idea. I can’t believe your friend doesn’t acknowledge his displays – that’s funny, especially from a highbrow. I would have to leave the room, too – I’d be on the floor.

Judy – thanks sweetie! I do appreciate it! I think I would like the UB premix of BM2 done twice. I’ll have to try that.

Elaine – good luck desqueaking your elliptical! I love PUB!!

Susan – That cake sounds delic!! How’s the back doing now?

Mattea – another sweetie Cheetah! Thanks! I love this forum!! Have a blast!! I hope you really enjoy your weekend!

Late Cheetah checking in again!! Thanks for all of the nice comments re: my PT. I go back next week 3x & the week after 3x & then re-evaluate how it's going. I could feel a difference in my hip already this morning, now I think I need to get the u/s on my other hip to balance it out!! ;-)

Busy morning. I got my hair cut (well, not cut short, but 3" cut & some thinning & layers). It looks good & feels about 5 lbs lighter! :) Then Allison & I met Greg & his work group at our fav Chinese buffet for lunch. I did good & stuck to the healthy stuff & didn't eat too much so I felt good. (why is it so easy to overindulge at buffets??)

I did KPC this morning & am going to do GS BSB in a few. Yeah, my DVD's are ON THEIR WAY! I'll be watching for my cute running UPS guy!

We're having a sleepover party tonight. 2 neighbor girls (they're sisters) are spending the night. So that way both older girls will have someone over. They're both over a lot to play anyway. We have their parent/ teacher conferences tonight & no school for P/T day tomorrow. So... I have the nailpolish ready to do nails/ toes & we'll probably make some goodies later.

OK, I've got to get in my workout & get a few things done. I don't know where the days have gone lately, but the week's flown by!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.