:::CHEETAHS:::THANKGOODNESS IT"S THURSDAY!:::

gdixson

Cathlete
Hi Cheetahs!

I did not get into the marathon. Oh well, never have been much of a gambler anyway. I hope all is well here! Be back on the weekend!

RE: :::CHEETAHS:::THANKGOODNESS IT

Good morning, cheetahs :)

Gloria :: darn it! Sorry to hear you weren't a lottery winner. What about running for a charity? I bet they have some that don't require a hefty amount of fundraising. And, of course, as mentioned before, if you're interested in company, there's also Chicago. :7 Here is a link to Girls on the Run, one of the charities with very reasonable fundraising expectations: http://www.girlsontherun.org/bankofamericachicagomarathoncharityentries.html They require a $136 registration fee and that you raise $500 by 9/15. Children's Memorial Hospital charges $145 and requires $600 in donations: http://www.childrensmemorial.org/marathon/default.asp

FYI - For anyone else (Jackie? Lorie?) who might have been considering running Chicago with a charity, the deadline to register is June 23rd.

I need to go catch up with personals. BBIAB.

Good morning Cheetah babes!

Okay, so I know I said I was gonna run today but I'm itchin to play with some equipment so here's what I'm gonna do }(....

4DS Higher Intensity Circuit, no finished combos, no core. Then 4DS Lower Intensity Ciruit, finished combos *IF* I have time, and core *IF* I have time.

You know I'm actually glad that I won't be able to do that 10K this weekend now that I've seen that it's going to be in the 90s :eek: x(! This kitty cat doesn't like the heat!

Gloria - Sorry to hear ya didn't get in but Cathy sure has a good suggestion ;). See ya this weekend.

Cathy - I hope your busy week is winding down a bit for you. That NB exam is this weekend, right? I wish you luck, not that you need it!

Judy - Oh, I know I'll be getting a nice massage tonight after bowling ;). He really is the sweetest guy you'll ever meet and a *very* good masseuse. Glad to hear that you can keep to your weekend "schedule" :). Nice tough workout yesterday!

Christine - Ahhh, laughing and coughing...it's the little things we take for granted, right lol? Great workout yesterday!

Carole - I know what you mean about getting a "bur in your butt" about something. I actually like when that happens because I tend to get a lot accomplished in a very short period of time!

Kath - I actually wish you could have sent some of your rain down to us. We got a little but not enough to help this mini drought we're in here :(. Oh, shoot, I forgot to check the deer stuff. I'll get the info to ya tonight or tomorrow.

Jackie - Did DBF get your pull up bar up yesterday? I agree that those series of exercises would be a bit inconvenient to do together without that bar nearby. Hope you can get him to see SATC with you!

Sunny - Hey, great to here from ya girl! We know that you're uberbusy. It's just good to know you're doing well.

Wendy - Glad the legs felt better yesterday...but how are they today }(?

Okay, really got to get this workout going if I want to fit it all in before work. BBL!

Morning :) :)

YAY It's Thursday. I actually can't believe it is Thursday already. Funny how the week crawl by and the weekends fly x(

I'm thinking 4miler this morning. Since there appears to be no rain for the moment. I'm working biceps as well and some type of core work--haven't decided :)

Wendi: When you can get the info on the deer stuff, I know you are busy :) Sounds like you have a great workout planned this morning :) What a great guy you have--he gives massages--SWEET! Looks like this weekend is suppose to be warm as well. So maybe it's a good thing we had all this rain.

Gloria: Sorry you didn't make it in the NYC.

Cathy: Good luck on the NB exam--um what is that?

BRB need a refill :9

Judy :: happy belated to DS. Two of my students turned 15 yesterday, too.

Shelly :: hope those GI issues have gone away...Definitely don't wanna run when ya have that goin' on!...That's great that the humidity doesn't affect you much. I seem to have a low tolerance for it. :p

Wendi :: My co-teacher told me she & a few others stayed out til the wee hours (1 am!) after the party. Don't know how they managed to function yesterday. Then again, they are in their 20s. Hope you have another great run today.

Christine :: I tweaked the plan so that I am only doing two TT workouts per week. I noticed on the forums Craig advised folks training for a marathon not to do the third set, either. Maybe when I get closer to October. That looks like a tough rotation.

Carole :: oh, we will definitely have a blast in Chicago, no doubt! :7

Jackie :: Yeah, I'm pretty sure those kids were on something. The interesting thing is the officer only told them to move, that's it. Hope your chinup bar is installed.

Sunny :: hi! Miss ya, girl, but understand completely. I don't even have time to lurk over on the Alwyn/TT thread.

Kath :: we are back to rain here, too. Muggy, to boot.

All righty, I'm caught up.

Well, this week is just impossible. I feel a bit stretched here. I have more meetings during and after school today and am still working on grading notebooks and some late work trickling in. I couldn't fit in TT last night (even if I had time, I think I'da been too pooped!), so I'd better not make "plans" for anything workoutwise; otherwise, I'll just start to get annoyed with the way things are this week. Grades are actually due Monday, but with my exam on Saturday and some plans that involve travel on Sunday, there is not much room to spread the work on the weekend. Therefore, the bulk of it's gotta get done in the next two days. It is what it is.

I feel I have been saying that too much this year, esp. this spring. Work is important to me, but I don't like that it's interfered with my fitness as much as it has. Need to work on managing it better for next school year. Can't wait til I can drop this leadership role.

'Nuff ramblin'. Hope your Thursday's fantastic!

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Wendi :: I am with you on not being too fond of the heat...At this point, things will stay busy until school closing (June 19), so I'm just hangin' on for the ride. :7

Kath :: NB = National Board certification. I have been working on it since last July. It's a voluntary, rigorous certification program that requires development of a portfolio (which was submitted at the end of March) and a computer-based assessment. Combined results are released in November.

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Morning dear cheetahs! Well, I didn't totally rest yesterday afterall (bad Shelly!) Was feeling to restless in the afternoon so I did KCMs CardioSculpt fitness. It felt good tho. Anyway, rainy out but I'm going for a run anyway.. 5 miles I think. Later I'll do something fun. Maybe a TJ:)

Judy- Well, you were already fit and fabulous before starting this NROL rotation. The drawbacks to that is that changes will be incremental. I think you are getting some more muscle toning there from the sound of it. I heard that on the news about the benefits of red wine. Great news... I've always appreciated a nice glass of cabernet now and then.

Wendi - Getting in some good runs there... you go girl!! The 4DS circuits are fun!! Nice choice today.

Christine- travelling again eh? Hope you have a great time in Boston! OMG- you and Carole and Cathy together in Chicago... watch out! (LOL)

Carole- For some reason I packed my p90x in a separate box and it's in storage in Pa!! I'm going to miss it... haven't done it for a while. How was the run yesterday?

Kath- I never thought I'd be tired of seeing rain after living in drought stricken Az, but.... this is a bit much! I'll be working at a major Philly hospital in their medical ICU.
I've been working Cardiothoracic surgery ICU now for a while so it will be a nice change. I notice that you always work just one body part a day. Is this just a rotation or is that the norm for you? How nice that you got a complement on your legs on a run... but you do work for them and it obviously shows!

Jackie- interesting descripton of the total body x workout. Not sure I'd like that much jumping around either. I'm surprised that this series still doesn't focus much on legs, but then again it is geared to men a little more and they are upper body obsessed as you know!

Wendy- Glad your legs recovered. They are gonna look like they are made of steel soon!

Gloria--well, CRUD!!! I'm so sorry you didn't get a slot in the NYC marathon!! Hey, how about joining me in Philly in Nov?? No lottery and no fund rasing to do with a charity but it does close after so many registrants... and it is still open.

Cathy- Ya know the expression. You should work to live, not vice versa! Poor cheetah. I hope the week goes well for ya and you keep your sanity intact!

That's about it for now. Time to get moving.

Hi to all who follow

ShellyC

Good Morning Loverlies.

I feel like I'm light years behind on personals. I have to check y'day's thread to see where I left off!

I went to help my BF move into a new apartment y'day. I got home late so I didn't have time to catch up last night.

Today's work out is HIIT and I think I will add a regular run to that as well. :)

...Just peeked at y'day's thread! No wonder why I feel like I'm behind. I didn't do personals AT ALL y'day!:eek: Guess I'll be today's Cheetah slacker!:p

Cathy: Things are really crazy for you right now. Good job keepin' a positive attitude about it. I'm sure you'll make up for the messed up work outs once school is out. }( How are you doing with your eating? I know you were having some trouble for a while.

Judy: Hope your DS is acing his exams! How was his celebratory dinner/cake? :9

Shelly: So did you survive your rest day? ;)

Wendi: So are you bowling any leauges this summer? My legs feel great today, btw!

Christine: Okay, I must've missed something. When are you going to Boston? Is it for business or pleasure? I've never been but it's on my list of places to visit before I die. ;)

Carole: You are quite welcome re the X+ help. Happy to help. I owe you a thank you as well. :)

Jackie: Are you following a specific X+ rotation or just playing around with the work outs right now?

Gloria: Sorry about the NYC mary. Will you be signing up for a different one soon then?

Kath: Enjoy your work out today!

Hi chickadees!

Oh, I think I found my new favorite circuit :7. I did have to cut it a little short cuz I ran out of time so I can't wait to do it again!! I just wish my HRM didn't have a spaz attack during the warm up...it said my HR was 213 during the first 3 minutes LOL! So I had to go without becuase it just wouldn't cooperate x(. It would have been interesting to see what kind of a burner that mish mosh was...oh well, next time.

Cathy - Just think...you'll have AAALLLLL summer to get back on track. I envy you on that one! However, I don't envy the schedule that you'll be keeping until the 19th. Sending anti-stress{{{{VIBES}}}} your way hon! BTW, I have no idea how people can stay out that late and function...9pm I'm a goner!

Kath - Ack, out of time...sorry! Have a great run!

Shelly - You bad, bad girl :p! J/K...enjoy your rainy run today!

Wendy - Yup, summer league, same night, a leetle earlier and more $$$. We're doing well so far...standing 5th out of 36 teams but that's only after 3 weeks. We'll see how it goes. How nice of you to help your BF move into the new apartment.

Gotta skeedaddle. I've got a ton to ride today and need to get done early-ish to get to bowling on time. Have a wonderful day everyone!

Good Morning Cheetahs!

Kath – Good job on the HIIT and triceps yesterday! I’m with you on the weekends flying by while the weeks crawl. I’m so happy it’s Thursday, but my time is over extended again this weekend. :+ Oh well.

Jackie – I usually add lower body work to everything! I prefer to focus more lower than upper anyway (bigger muscles!). We’ll see. I’m thinking of pairing X+ UpperBody with S&H legs (or GS Standing only, or PLB standing only). My TT training hit the legs hard, so with that I should be fine. Not sure how I’ll like the 1 and 1 – that’s kind of odd! Thanks for your review!

Sunny – we MISS you!! I’m still enjoying my oddly modified TT’s!

Wendy – Glad your legs felt better and you were able to get in a workout! Boston is business – we have an event there on Tuesday, but I’m taking a day off to visit a friend – she’s going to take me around the city, then I’ll spend the night with her and her family. :p

Gloria – sorry to hear you didn’t get into the marathon! Cathy has a good idea about running for charity, if you really want to get in. Have a good day! We’d love to have you join us in Chicago!

Cathy – Party in Cathy’s room!!! I cannot wait until October! That will be so fun! Fit what you can in this week and enjoy the fact that the end is almost near for another summer. Do you get as excited as we did as kids on the last day of school? :+ I think I would. I think it’s smart to do two TT’s a week. You might want to add a little bicep/tricep work as he does not work those (except through pull ups and push ups).

Wendi – Have fun with your 4DS mish mosh! Sounds like fun! Oh wow! I’ll bet you are happy not to be running in that heat! I’m not a heat fan either. At least I can laugh and cough now. I don’t cough much, but I do like to laugh! :p Oh I hate when my HRM does that. I’ll start a run and suddenly my HR will be 180 – which it doesn’t get to even at a full out sprint. :p

Shelly – Have fun with your run! Hope the rain clears up for you soon. Welcome to the East Coast – eh? I love it there, but there are definite advantages to the West, too. :+ Yeah, Chicago won’t know what hit it, when the three C’s are there! Wish you could join us, as well – but next year. Wendy will run a marathon with Cathy and we’ll all go run or cheer! :p

I finally fixed my freaking bike tire, so I’m riding today! YEAH!!! HIIT on my bike is a lot tougher, too. I am so happy it’s fixed (and it took 15 minutes – how lazy of me before!). I’m not sure if I’m going to do the new Cardio Coach I downloaded, or a Spinervals. Tough call. :+ I was very, very good yesterday, eating wise, and feel good this morning. Although, my biceps are sore from the kettlebell workout yesterday. Steve does around the body passes between each exercise, so by the time I was done, I had done around 200 around the body passes. Ouch! I’m considering adding a century ride to my fall line up, but as it will be three weeks before my half, I’m a little hesitant. I would alternate my long workout – run one week, ride the next – but I’m not sure if that’s a good idea. Any comments? Have a great day all!

Good morning cheetahs

Gloria...sorry about you not getting in to NYC.

Wendi..wow! Already in the 90's in your neck of the woods? I probably do run some in the heat as our summers get warm, but starting out early is always better for me when the temps rise. Glad you enjoyed your workout. Sorry about the HRM screwing up...

Cathy...I am sure Chicago will be a fun trip. Sorry you are so swamped with work. You teachers are amazing. I bet though you are in a small percentage of teachers that workout like you do. I can see it is very important this week to get all the school things done. I am sure missing a few workouts won't hurt at all...

Shelly...LOL about you not taking a rest day yesterday!! Enjoy your run and TJ workout. I am enjoying P90X this time. I think I waited long enough to try it again...:)...I had an easy run yesterday and it felt good.

Wendy...so you will do HIIT and a run today?...:)

Christine...nice to know you can talk your way out of stuff...just in case!! I should get P90X+ by Wed next week. Not sure yet how I will use it. I will be going into my recovery week the week after. You got in a great cardio workout yesterday...WOW! Glad you got the bike fixed!! I think you could do the century ride 3 weeks before the HM. As far as alt rides and runs til the half, what are your goals for the HM?

Jackie...thanks for the Total Body+ review. Hope your DBF gets that pull-up bar installed for you.

Today is legwork, 40 min on my EXT and the last 45 min of P90X yoga. If I can get that all in!!

Have a great day...:)

Hi cheetahs! Just got some news I thought I'd share with you. I've been notified as to my new lodgings. I'll be at a luxury apartment building right on the Delaware River. I'll be in a 2 bdrm since they had no one bedrooms but I don't have to pay for the upgrade. Actually, I don't pay for it at all... just the pet deposit for my kitties. And cable/internet.... have to have that! I'll have my own washer/dryer in the room also. They have a large fitness center and not one but 2 pools (indoor) one for laps and one for fun!!
For my runs I think I'll be running along the river... we'll see. A large park with trails is within a short drive distance.

I think I can get used to this travelling nursing business!

:) :) :) :)

Shelly

Hello Ladies.

I got in my intervals on the EXT at the gym this morning and then worked for about 45 minutes since the girl that was in there was going to be alone during a VERY busy time if I didn't offer to help out. I couldn't leave her hanging in good conscience so I did my work out and then punched in. Thankfully one of the girls who was supposed to be in that day (they had 2 call outs out of 3 people!) was able to make it in after all so I was able to leave. I initially thought I was going to have to work almost a full shift from 9:30 to noon so I was very happy when the other girl walked in.

I still wanted to do my regular run but I knew Joey would give me a hard time at that point so we just came home. I have to go back for a meeting this afternoon anyway and the daycare will be open so I'll probably go dressed for a work out and do my regular run then. I'd also like to get Awaken The Body done at nap time if I can. :)

So the damage I did over the weekend in A/C is steadily on the decrease. Hopefully when I take my "official" #s on Monday it will all be gone PLUS some!}(

I am still not getting along with the TM. I am ready to throw in the towel but I really can't afford to do that with my plans to do the 18 miler and a full mary but there is no way I will be able to train outside consistently beyond my long weekend runs. I wish I knew what was wrong and how to fix it. ;( ;( ;(

BBL.

Wow, I’m kind of excited! I get P90X+ today! (it’s out for delivery according to UPS) I don’t have the pull up bar yet, but I may still try it tomorrow instead of TT. I can improvise with a pull up set kind of like Amy Bento does in APX.

Carole – Oh yeah, I’m the silver tongued gypsy… :p Doesn’t work all the time, but most of the time… I asked the half/century question on the Videofitness Endurance check in (figured they’d know better than anyone), and one woman did a century three weeks before her marathon! Amazing. Cycling is like running – as long as you get a good 70 mile ride in, you can do 100. I’m not really stressed about the half. I’m doing it again because DH wants to. I prefer running 10 miles and less. :p We’ll see.

PARTY AT SHELLY’S!!!! Oh wow! That sounds like a great place! I’m bummed that our event is in DC this year and not Philly – I’d love to come visit you and see your styling pad! You deserve it, though. Glad you get the company of your kitties, too! That makes it even better.

Wendy – Nice of you to help out! And great job at getting the damages under control. I’ll bet your TM issues are now more anxiety than anything else. Try giving yourself permission to do a nice and slow steady state – one you know you can do (even if it’s 5.0 MPH). Put on some music and run for about 20 minutes. Do that a few times until you’re relaxed again, then try adding intervals.

Hi Friends :)

Wendy- The TM issue is strange. So do you have the symptoms any other time? I hope it will right itself soon! DS is happy to be done with exams. He is at a friends swimming. I am pretty sure there are cute girls there. His B-day dinner went well with the grandparents attending. Thanks :)

Shelly- the apt sound like a good set up! enjoy!

Carole- wow you have a long WO planned today! go for it!

Cathy- Wendi is right, soon it will be summer and you can ramp up your WO schedule as desired. no biggie.

It is super hot and humid today. Geesh we just turned off the furnace. I really do not want to have to put on the air yet. I was quite sweaty at golf. I think that will be my only WO today.

Kath- have the thunder storms stopped? We keep getting passed over for them. no complaints.

I am headed out to water some flowers now.

Gloria- Too bad about the NYC marathon. Maybe you could meet Shelly in Philli!

Wendi- what is new with the kittens? Hope the DSO massage was a goodie!

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.picturetrail.com/jafitmama

Good afternoon Cheetahs!

Sunny - Always good to see you.

Kath - Glad you like those fun cardio rest days. LOL! Nice compliment on the legs. Guess all that running and squats are getting the job done. Yes, the week goes entirely too slow and the weekend at break neck speed.

Gloria - What a bummer you didn't get into the marathon!

Cathy - I know I won't be running the Chicago marathon. But, I had almost made up my mind to come in October just to hang out. Now, DBF has made me an offer of going to Bonaire in November all expenses paid. Now, I have to do more thinking. Don't count me out just yet. It won't be long now and you'll be sleeping in. How much longer for the leadership role?

Wendi - I don't like running in the heat either. And, the temps they are a climbing. The days are getting so if you're not out by 6:00 am, it's already hot. My brother did get my pull up bar up yesterday. But, he has to do it again because I wanted it in an inconspicuous. I'll use it tomorrow and then get him to change it. Glad you enjoyed your new circuit workout! How's the foot been doing?

Shelly - Stick your hand out and let me tap it with my ruler. Naughty girl! Glad the workout felt good anyway. Yeah, Tony loves his pull ups and push ups. Think the series does work the core pretty good. Sweet on the luxury apartment! Sounds like you will have some beautiful runs. Maybe you can convince DH to run with you. :)

Wendy - Things going well with you and the BF these days? I decided to tweak the Classic rotation some for this month. Just always want that extra cardio. Don't know if I'll do it longer than that though. Good HIIT workout! Nice of you to help your co-worker out.

Christine - I went in for my annual Monday and as the doctor was touching my back, he made a comment of how toned I was and that I must work out. He wished all his patients would do that. He gave me a big head for the rest of the afternoon. I'll add more lower body to the + and see what happens. Glad you got your tire fixed.

Carole - If I run outside Saturday, it will definitely have to be early. That sun is up and beaming by 7. Got that bar up for the time being. Told DB I didn't want the brackets showing when you walk in the house. Guess where the brackets were! Yep, right there in full view. Says that what he thought I said. Duh! More work for him. Did you get all of that workout in? Made for a long one.

Judy - Wanted to give my plants a good watering yesterday but it was just too hot to food with thing. Really need a good sprinkler system.

Today the rotation called for Yoga X and you know how long that workout is. Instead I did iTread #10 20 minutes, Super Body Sculpt Lower Body and Firm Power Yoga. Ended up with about 70 minutes. Figured a little extra cardio wouldn't hurt Tony's rotation.

Talk to you later!

Jackie

Looks like the heat wave we had a few weeks ago is hitting the East Coast. Fortunately it was short lived, followed by some COLD weather again. So, rest assured it won't be too much longer! I thought I'd chime in to say the elimination of dairy and more careful eating combined has done wonderful things. I am bloat free for the first time in MONTHS! I'm feeling good today. Thanks for the support everyone!

Judy - hope it cools down for you quickly.

Jackie - Wow! That's great! You deserve the big head! Have fun with X+!

I just found out that I might be in Chicago the week BEFORE the Chicago Marathon. I have to be there on Tuesday, so I'll probably just crash with my friend Wednesday and Thursday and see if I can find someone to crash with Friday night. I won't know for sure for a little while, but...

Evening Cheetahs!

After the meeting this afternoon at work I hopped on the TM and ran for 20 mins. I'm trying to put an end to this crazy frustrating issue I am having with it so I started out running uber slow and upped my speed by .1 every 2.50 minutes. I made it from 5.0 to a whopping 5.7. *twirls finger in air and rolls eyes* I really don't get it but I am going to concentrate on trying to fix it. As slow as I was going I had several instances where I felt unsteady and out of control. Luckily I was able to right it before having to stop or slow down though.

I never had a chance to do Awaken the Body today. I chose to nap instead.:p Perhaps I'll do it while DH is at bowling tonight. We'll see...

Tomorrow's work out is Iron Core 2 with the kb's. We'll see if I have more crazy leg DOMS come Saturday/Sunday! }(

That's all for now but hoping to pop back in later for personals.

Hey Cheetahs!

I just finished all of my report cards. I am beat. These last two weeks have been a bit much. I can't post personals because I still have to figure out what we are doing at school tomorrow. The kids are going to come in crazier that all get out since it's the last day of school. I need my sleep for that. I still have that pain, but it is a little less intense. There must be a bruised muscle/bone or something. I have still been running though and I feel it while running, but it doesn't stop me in the pain department, so I think it is not serious. I do think I need to see the doc though. I will see how I feel over the weekend. I am not so heartbroken as I thought I would be over NYC. I have never been lucky, so I should have known. All is good. Re: the other marathons, I think I am out for now, but haven't had time to think about anything except SCHOOL! I am out like a trout ladies (fisherman lingo there)! Good night!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.