:::CHEETAHS::: THANKFUL IT'S THURSDAY!!!

gdixson

Cathlete
Good early morning cheetahs!

I will be doing a run this morning.

Dallas: Here is the recipe for my tasty hummus:

3/4 C. water
1/2 C. tahini (sesame seed paste)
6 garlic cloves
6 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. cayenne
1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
2 (14.5 oz.) cans chick peas
Blend in a food processer and enjoy!

See you all this afternoon after school!

Good morning, cheetah babes! :7 :7 :7

Boy, this week is moving at a good clip!

Gloria ~ I am in my third year in a very affluent district—pretty much the complete opposite extreme from where I taught previously. Sometimes I still wonder how I ended up here. There are challenges—just very different ones.

Linda ~ no, no EXT…when the marathon plan calls for XT, that’s when I plug in the weight work. I printed off Higdon’s Novice Supreme plan. Makes me think of tacos. :7

Dallas ~ are both you and your DH Greek?...I just want to go the gravesite. I understand there is a museum being built, but I don’t know what stage the process is in…OK, so your post to Posh was a bit cryptic…ARE you running the half or the full?

Today will be a run.

Have a GREAT day, everyone!

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Good morning Gloria and to all of Cheetahville!

My apologies for not getting here yesterday...the day was simply jam-packed and I didn't stop until 10:00 last night. I got a nice, FAST, 5.5 mile run in yesterday morning in 48:50, and that was with stopping five times to readjust my new sneaks. While they felt great on my left foot (meaning no twinges or soreness in the arch) they did give me a small blister on the inside of my arch. Soooooo, do I continue to try to break 'em in, keep playing with the snugness, or shelve them and continue my search for the perfect shoe? I ask for your wisdom on this one ladies :+. I'm growing a bit weary of this endless shoe-hunt.

I'm getting ready to do HSC in just a minute. It's been awhile since I've done this one and I miss it! Although, maybe I shouldn't even touch any weights (esp. UB) since I was told by a certain someone that I have "man arms"...uh, thanks x(. I happen to *love* my nice, strong, cut, shoulders and arms...even if they are a teeny bit larger than I'd like right now. Oh well.

Let me see if I can catch up on some personals while I wake up...BBIAM.

Gloria - I love "yummus* (and Cooking Light :9)...I'll have to try some paprika and cayenne next time...yum! If you felt tired then you needed your rest day yesterday. I'd say you were being smart and listening to your body!

Cathy - Oh, have fun with the 4DS premixes. I think I use those more than the workouts "as produced"...just love 'em! I have to say that the tanner is by far the *BEST* one I've tried, and I've pretty much tried them all!!! The color is perfect, not orange at all and, believe me, I've been orange in the past LOL! Also, NO smell when you apply it, only the teensiest bit when I woke up the next morning. I also ran before I showered and nothing rubbed off on my clothes...so a HUGE thumbs up here!!!

Posh - Oh, we're not knockin' you on the SUV...some people really DO need them and they are incredibly useful at times. I agree with others, though, about useless Hummers and whatnot.

Wendy - I hope you're able to talk your way out of those late charges...I'm sure you can be quite charming hon! Great job on BBC! You're a braver woman than I. I keep eyeing them up but don't have the courage to try 'em lol.

Carole - Oh, that's wonderful news about Betty. Sorry your BIL is still in the hospital...LMAO at your smiley! Great workout!

Christine - I could never do your job...I just don't have that kind of patience lol! Glad your fun workout did the trick!

Judy - Nice run yesterday! Isn't it great to be back outside again?

Shelly - I never really thought about trying to "garden" in AZ lol! Unfortunately, the deer got to my azaleas a bit and I had a lot of nibbled on branches that needed to go but they should come back strong. LOL, hey, if I can't find sneaks I won't be doing much running at all, let alone 18 miles! I hope you had a great hilly run!

Sunny - Glad to hear from you!!!! We understand that sometimes you just can't get here or aren't in the "mood"...just let us know that you're alright, 'kay?

I've got to go for now if I want to get HSC done. I'll catch up with eveyone I might have missed afterward. TTFN!

Well, my workout is done. I did 5 miles in 47:25 to Itread 14. I'm glad I rested yesterday. It was a good run. Time to get ready for school! I'll talk to you all later.:)

Morning all you wonderful Cheetahs :) :) I can't believe it's Thursday already although all week I kept thinking it was Wednesday--go figure :)

Today is a 5mile run outside. Gotta love this weather we are having in NY. I'll also work chest and maybe abs--we shall see. Tomorrow a.m. DD has three wisdom teeth out ;( So I'll need to get my run/workout in early--suppose to be a 4miler with back work.

Gloria: Nice to meet you. I'm sorry I missed your first post. Where are you from? Great run this morning. Your hummus recipe sounds yummy :9

Cathy: When does your school year finish? Graduation day for us is the last saturday in June.

Wendi: Great run girl :) I forget what is HSC?

Ok I need to flop loads of wash. I'm doing DD's bedding today so she will have nice fresh sheets to lay in while she recovers. Who knows she may not even notice with the pain pills.

***Little side note*** While I was pulling her bedding off her bed this morning-- I noticed her baby blanket that she has used --well since birth. The thing is ripped to shreds and I mean shreds. I have to wash it inside a pillow case so that the shreds don't wrap around the machine LOL. But I am curious to know if any of your kids still use their baby blanket? Of course she isn't like attached to it per say. She just likes having it in her bed. She did say she won't be bringing it with her to college--we shall see on that LOL ;)

Ok time to flop loads and get a good stretch in before I run.

Good Morning Girls.

I got a response from the credit card company. I won't be getting a late charge! YAY! They made no mention of raising the rate so I guess they don't do that. Thank goodness! Carol mentioned Capital One as being the only one that does that. I have a cap one card. I really like them-LOW FIXED RATE! Thank goodness it wasn't THAT card that I did this on! I'll have to remember in the future to NEVER pay that even a minute late! I don't want to lose the rate on that card!:eek:

Last night we went shopping and DH finally got the big screen tv he's been wanting for years now! We won't be getting it until next week as they didn't have it in stock right then but he's very excited as you can well imagine. Now we need to trade up our current cable box for an hd ready one. DH will be taking care of that since the tv is for HIM. ;)

We were supposed to buy a laptop last night too but we are going to check out Apple. Someone at DH's work suggested he look at them and consider one. He was told we can make an appoinment at an Apple store for a sales rep to walk us through the basics of how to use one-no purchase required. Neither DH nor I have EVER used an Apple computer so this should be interesting. LOL DH looked 'em up last night and they start at $1000 but they come loaded where PC's and regular lap tops today come pretty much empty so you have to buy all of the software separately. We'll see what happens.

I was just lookin' at how far behind I am on personals, WOW. Y'day was a bad for some reason. I didn't do ANY except for the one quickie to Cathy at the end of the afternoon! :eek: Time to play catch up!:7

Cathy: I am still taking Airborne and so far I have nothing but the sniffles and I'm sneezing. The lump is gone. YAY! Ofcourse I did not listen your words of wisdom about resting yesterday but I DID take a LONG nap and do a SHORT work out. I also went to bed EARLY last night. :) So did you enjoy 4DS y'day or did you miss the bells?

Carole: So happy to hear that Betty was released from the hospital!:) I admit I am getting better at flying but I still don't like it. I especially hate long flights b/c that's where the utter boredom and figitiness sets in. UGH!

Christine: If any Cheetah is going to try the kettlestack I'll be it will be Sunny so sit tight and wait to see what she thinks! LOL Too bad they aren't getting great reviews as it seems like a great idea!

Judy: Nice 9:30 pace run y'day! Good job. Yes, those portable fire pits are great. My SIL has one of them and my DH's cousin has something a little different. Kind of like a wood burning stove that is portable. Either way they both serve the same purpose. Can't wait to get one when we move! My "wish list" for our next house is getting VERY long. This could be bad! :p

Shelly: A senior moment? LOL, that was pretty funny. Good idea about running the B2B dressed up as Cheetahs. Who cares if they don't normally run in a pack...no one said we are NORMAL anyway!:7

Sunny: So what is this website for, to promote your personal training? Been Wii'ing lately? I was looking at Dance Dance Revolution for Wii last night but passed on it....for now anyway.;)

Kath: I used to date a BIG TIME snorer. OMG, I would usually end up on the couch cause he was waaaay loud and wouldn't stop! The only way I could manage to stay in bed all night was if I fell asleep first. I had a blanket when I was little. When I was "weened" off of it I had always assumed my mom had thrown it out. Well on my 18th Birthday she wrapped it up as a "gift". I promptly took it to bed with me that night. LOL I slept with it for YEARS! I think I said my final goodbyes when my now DH moved in with me. ;) And no, I didn't bring it away to college with me but it was there waiting for me when I came home.:7

Gloria: Sounds like yesterday's rest day was just what you needed. Fab run this morning! Your recipe for hummus sounds great. I love hummus but admit I am too lazy to make it myself so I buy it in the store! LOL

Linda: Holy CR@P! B*G AND a 6 mile run! Lordy girl you are insane! LOL I've done a B*G premix and a 3 mile run but OMG! You are one brave lady! }(

Dallas: I was checking out your latest photos in Facebook the other day. You have a beautiful family! :)

Wendi: Have you gone to a running store to be professionally fitted? If not, that's what you need to do. You will likely get a 30 day money back garuntee on whatever you buy which is great. You can USE them and if you don't like them, they will take them back! You can't beat it but you are fitted by someone who knows what they are talking about chances are you will love them! HTH! BBC is no more painful then ME...just different. Some of the cardio sections will get ya but the weight sections are high rep endurance like ME. OUCHEES! LOL

Okay, so I won't have a chance to get back to personals....SORRY!!! I had a little complication after my workout that has put me behind schedule and now I'm VERY late to work. Just as I was finishing the core work I heard scratching noises coming from my heating ducts and my cat was looking *very* interested in the noise so I followed the scratching into the basement and, sure enough, I have a little critter in there that has gotten stuck. So I pulled some of the duct work apart, turned off the heat and left and escape route out of my basement for the little guy. Poor thing, I feel so bad for it:(. I hope he finds his way out sometime today.

I'll try to check back in tonight before bowling. Have a stupendous day Cheetah babes!

Hi All!

Today is my review at work. Wish me luck! :p I’m sure it will go well. I’ve made my numbers every month for the last 7. They can’t get too upset with me. :+ Not sure what I want to do today with ETK. Maybe I’ll try Carlos’ Latin Xplosion. I have to admit I’m not exactly thrilled with the covers on these DVD’s. They look hokey. Oh well, the workouts are fun, so I guess what the cover looks like isn’t important.

Judy – We have the GMC version of your SRX, but will take my Mini to Monterrey this weekend. It just gets much better gas mileage.

Dallas – So glad to hear about your neighbor’s dog! Owls can be quite big! Scary that they are still flying around. My doggies are too big to worry about, but still it’s scary. Oh, I’m sorry you couldn’t be at all the games yesterday!

Gloria – DH named Kimo – she’s an American Esk-KIMO – original, eh? Jimmy registered Black Velvet Latitudes and called Jimmy after Jimmy Buffett’s Changes in Latitudes. We got him after our first Aussie was killed by a car. The song is about remembering the past while looking to the future. No – I typically don’t but that much thought into a dog’s name! Oh yeah, I call Jimmy “spoiled mutt” a lot. He goes to doggie day care and I cook for Kimo. So, they are rather spoiled. But they’re good, sweet dogs. I don’t let them eat off the plates or eat too many scraps though – too funny! YUM! That looks like a fabulous recipe! You need a Cheetah name, come to think of it. :p

Linda – B&G AND a six mile run? Wow! That would kill me! Good job! Yeah, falling off my step is fairly common when I’m learning new choreography – I’m a klutz, but fortunately I’m pretty well balanced (at least physically :+) so I can usually save myself.

Cathy – enjoy your run! I am looking forward to the Bay to Breakers with the Cheetahs – we should all dress as cats or cheetahs. That would be fun.

Wendi – aka Busy Cheetah! I have to be so careful with shoes – I get blisters on the inside of my arch, too – just on my right foot. I wear Nike AirMax 180’s – they seem to be working for me now. But, it’s usually when I run longer distances that I have to worry about blisters. Good luck with the shoes! Have fun with HSC! I think nice strong cut arms look good on a woman. Not everyone does – you have to decide what you like for you. Oh, I think you could do my job. It’s actually pretty easy – these issues are new and are the first time I’ve really had to work hard for my $$. :p You are so big hearted! I hope your critter finds his way out too!

Kath – I love it when I’m convinced it’s Wednesday, only to have it be Thursday! Enjoy your run! We went through wisdom teeth removal – be armed and ready with the pain meds for the first day when the Novocain wears off, and all should be well. I’ll be thinking of her. I didn’t have a blankie, but I did have a rather battered and beaten Eyeore that no one could convince me should be counted among the dearly departed. Poor thing had no ears! No, I didn’t take him to college. :p You had me laughing about your MIL comment! :p

Wendy – Good news about the credit card! I’m happy for you! DH won’t use Cap One – he doesn’t like the commercials. :p Oh, I love my big HD TV. If it’s in your workout room, then Cathe seems to come into your house! I agree with the kettlestack, but I also hear it’s a bear to change out the disks, too. This is all hearsay, though, so take it with a grain of salt. :p

I’m off to do whatever I pick at the last minute. Have a great day all!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...I didn't catch that you misunderstood my sister...ignoring her is actually best...:)...LMAO about the Novice Supreme plan and tacos!!! Enjoy your run..

Gloria...team sports is a lot different now then when I was in school! I started out with VHS workouts too and still have them! I got my 1st Cathe's in about 1991, mostly her step as that was the new craze then. Then I started adding her weight workouts and now I have ALL pf her workouts except for her beginner series. I am anticipating the release of STS too!! That is cool you introduced your friend to Cathe..Looks like a good hummus recipe. Have you tired the Sabra brand from Costco...OMG....it is way good...We all get those days when we just don't have the strength. What I do is something fun and light or just rest. Don't feel guilty at all!

Wendi...I bet your arms looks awesome, don't worry what anyone says as people just love to comment when they see muscles...and not always good. it can be tough finding the perfect shoe. I always had the black toe issue for longer runs, and too wide and too tight were both causes. You can always talk to someone in a running store like Fleet Feet for advice, they can also watch you run and make a recommendation.

Kath...sounds like a nice 5 miler in good weather, We have had some rain but the nice weather returns today.

Linda...I hope the leg curls work now without any awkwardness. I feel curls are about the best thing for the hamstrings, as extensions are for the quads.

Wendy...Barry is a killer with all that tri work!! I bet your DH loves the big screen! I do think those Apple laptops are a bit overpriced. It is a matter of choice but I don't feel right now like I want to learn a different operating system and besides I am cheap, so I am sticking with Windows!!

Christine...the word "Fun" usually is NOT linked with this sister...:)...PITA is much more like it...Once my sister Karen and I considered taking apps from our friends to find a better sister...:D...Sorry about the cust service issues yesterday. I do remember some delightful customers when I was in banking...:D..Good job with Rock Steady Step and glad you caught yourself. Good luck on the work review.

Judy...thanks for your thoughts on Betty. I am glad she is home. This is kind of a classic reaction from my sister...or perhaps it is her 60th B-Day looming ahead...:D! Good workout yesterday and a nice pace...

Shelly...good job mastering HLK. I have mastered the abs on that one...:D. Thanks for the perfed bowel info. I do find things like that interesting. I LOVE the costume for B2B next year!!! Hope you enjoyed your run and LIC upper.

Sunny...sorry about the funk. I know how that is with TTOM as it has happened to me a bit more as I age. I just tell my DH to steer clear! Can't wait to see your website...

Dallas...glad your neighbors dog is okay. Glad you got in S&A and CM. I also subbed in some different abs as I got to the end of P90X. Jumpsnap is very fun and I am glad I got it. Actually my BIL went home yesterday so I didn't have to deal with my Dsis!

Like I posted to Dallas, my BIL got out of the hospital yesterday so in this case procrastination paid off!

I am doing S&H legs (not real heavy as I have been doing freestyle) abs, and at least 40 min on my EXT.

Have a great day...:)

Good morning Cheetahs!

I'm sorry that I don't have time for personals today and I was MIA yesterday. I have this pile on my desk that I have to get done today. Have a deadline to beat. I know everyone is doing great with the workouts and the eating.

My workout yesterday was Slo Mo Legs and Core. I have some DOMS in the core and legs. OUCH!! Today's workout was iTread #29 iTri Reverse. I split the first cycle part up betweent the EXT and the TM just to alternate a little bit. Then it was on to the climbing and treadmill. Finished up with iStretch Meditation.

Hopefully I can catch up with you ladies tomorrow but I know you understand. Enjoy your day!

Jackie

Good morning to all the lovely cheetahs! Had a very nice stimulating
7.2 mile neighborhood hill run yesterday. My quads were a bit sore so I took it fairly easy. Took all the kids to the vet yesterday
for a last check up, etc. Controlling my rambunctious Spanky tires
me out more then a hill run!:eek: Anyway, after supper I still had
enough energy (barely) to get in LIC upperbody circuit.

SunnyD- Nice to hear from you and that you are doing okay. We all get in a funk at times!A new TM!! Didn't know you were getting one... what kind is it?? Really look forward to seeing your new website too.

Christine- sorry you had such a tough time with your customer issues yesterday, hope it is going better for you today. I have no doubt whatsoever you will get a positively glowing review at work today!!!

Wendy- Wow, exciting shopping trip yesterday! How fun you'll be having a new big screen TV! Personally I think that the Arms/ABs of BBC is by far the toughest one! Glad your credit card worries turned out to be unwarranted!

Cathy- Not to worry about steppin on my toes sweetie!! I have an honest respect for all opinions on any issues. Actually once we relocate Jerry and I are seriously considering getting me a super gas conserving car for commuting to work in the winter... in the summer I'll bike to work. LOL about the novice supreme plan!!! Are you definitely following that one for your marathon training?

Gloria- I'm well known for my crazy kickbutt workouts... hence the nickname crazy cheetah! I like your marathon goal of going to places you've never been... makes it extra special!I was just reading about the twin cities marathon in an Active.com article. It is supposed to be a real good one. It is being run today as a matter of fact! Thanks for the hummus recipe.... looks yummy! Nice TM run today!

Linda- B&G AND a 6 mile run yesterday??? You are a cheetah after my own heart for sure...I REALLY want to run with you someday!!

Dallas- Yes, I'm 51--- going on 10 (LOL) I seem to be regressing. I actually feel much better now then I ever did in my 20s or 30s! My last night at work is next Wednesday!!YIKES! The reality of this move is really sinking in now. How nice that you have a long
trail run with TNT this weekend!! How long?

Wendi- Sorry you are having shoe trouble!! Not a good sign that you developed a blister on just a 5.5 mile run (great job by the way!) Have you tried going to a specialty shoe store and having them watch you on a treadmill (alot of them do that) Once they recommend a
shoe you can tell them you'll "think about it" and then go order it cheaply on line.Hey.... I've seen you pic..... YOU are FANTASTIC looking arms... tell that certain someone where they can go!

Kath- I've been listening to Pa radio stations via the internet since we'll be relocating soon and the weather sounds nicer there then here in Az!! Hope you get in an awesome run! I got my wisdom teeth out at age 16 myself. Perfect age for this and she should recover with no problems!

Carole- Are you tentatively planning on B2B next year? Have a great EXT/S&H workout...I've been thinking about giving the S&H series a whirl.... probably will next week. 'Hey, we ordered Chinese food last nite and they had 2 tofu dishes on their menu... delicious!

Jackie- sorry things are so crazy for you at work today! Hope it settles down for you soon... that iTri reverse workout sounds interesting.

I think that about catches me up. I'll be heading downstairs now for a rocking fun session with ITR. Later I'll be steppin with Seasun (SUS) More packing of course!

tata

ShellyC

Morning!

Jackie ~ Sounds like a great w/o! Good luck getting your deadline met.

Carole ~ Oh boy! Your sis must be something, huh? :( Glad your BIL is home. Nice workout plan as usual. :)

Christine ~ Good luck with the review! You'll go great! :) Well, look at how much we all like the Powerstrikes (original) even with the poor quality. Yeah, DH said DD played well y-day. She's really improving and her endurance has increased. :)

Wendi ~ Oooo, what ind of critter? EEeek, a mouse??!?!? Have fun bowling! BBC has soome really good workouts. The music starts getting on my nerves after awhile though. IA w/Wendy about getting fitted by a running store. It made a huge difference for me. :)

Wendy ~ Thanks a lot re: the pix! :). I have a whole webpage set up through iPhoto as long as "friends" can only see it I want to add the link to FB. Have to figure that out sometime? It's silly to import my photos when I already have them set up, ya know? Are you getting back into your groove?

Kath ~ Well, my kids still do and DS8's is in the worse shape. That's cute your DD still has her "blankie". :) Ouch for your DD!

Cathy ~ My heart wants to do it, but not sure my bod will be ready. LOL! it's just nice doing this through TNT as I will always have the option to roll my donations over to the full **if** I feel ready/capable, ya know? ;-) The half will be a good indicator. I can't wait for the kick off meeting. Geez, it's taking so long to get here.

Well, my w/o this AM was horrible. I had gotten a very lengthy e-mail from a family member. I was so sad after reading it and I just wasn't in the mood....should have gone back to bed. I was hoping the workout would have snapped me out of my mood....nope. It was 2 miles on the treadmill (was planning on going longer). :( Glute exercises from Oxygen and a stretch. I was having shoe issues too so that 2 miles was a lot of stopping and readjusting. UGH. Actually the top of my foot/ankle is a little sore. :( Could I have had the laces too tight? I have to leave for a doctor (gyne) appt. I'm hoping to do something (workout wise) later.

Hi to anyone who follows!

Shelly ~ Simultaneously posting! Nice hilly run! Oh no, we won't start training together until May. The kickoff is May 3. can't wait. Have fun w/Amy. Gosh, how was I so off on your last night. I thought I read 4 more nights? Hmmm. Good luck with the packing!

Carole – I’m chuckling over you and Karen wanting to trade in your sister for a better model. :p Most of my customers are really wonderful to deal with, this one guy is just a major pain. I understand WHY he’s a major pain, but he’s still a pain. :p Glad to hear your BIL got out of the hospital yesterday. Any word on what may have caused it? Have fun with S&H Legs – I like that one.

Jackie – Sounds like a good workout you had yesterday! Hope you beat the deadline! I’m sure you will! Of course we understand! :p

Shelly – Aren’t our furkids fun? Spanky sounds like a riot. I love Pits. They are so sweet. Way to go with the run and LIC UB! We’ll see how the review goes. Thanks for your vote of confidence. Have fun with ITR and SUS. Have you gotten all of SUS?

Dallas – Oh that’s great about DD!! Nice to hear she’s improving. I hope you are doing better and that the letter from the family member works itself out. Sounds like a rough time this morning. Hope it gets better, but with an OBGYN appt? {{{HUGS}}}.

I ended up doing ASC2 – the Ultimate NRG premix. Fun, but I was sooo tired that I just could not push too hard. I have to be careful the next few days as I have that 10.6 miler that I have not trained for this weekend. I was sure DH would cancel because of Kimo, but we have her all accounted for. I can walk what I can’t run. And it’s supposed to be an incredible course (www.BSIM.org). Have a great day all!

Peeking in while inhaling my salad :9

But did someone mention trading people in???????

Anyone wanna trade MILs? Mine is super nice :7

Ok back to eating :) :)

OH NO! (mr. bill!)..lol. Awe, shucks youse guys, I wasn’t serious about going into MIA mode – I do that just fine without being offended which I must say I really wasn’t *seriously* offended and trust me, I’ve put up with so much crap from a lot of people about my Yukon..lol. I really meant to be sort of bantering kidding-like in my post and I guess I should have added a few more lol’s. Plus I know ya’ll are such good people and would never seriously hurt my feelings on purpose. SO….I say Acuna Matada!!!

Right now, I’m just sitting here waiting for the piano tuner to finish up so I can possibly get in a mini UB workout before showering and heading to work, but doesn’t look like it is going to happen…we’ll see. My calves are sore for some reason today – but it’s a good thing, eh?

Gloria – Yummo, I make hummus at home too! I also have a recipe I got from food network that uses white beans and it is awesome as well. I like it to dip fresh veggies in for a snack at work. Great job on your run!!

Cathy - I think Hal Higdon’s Novice Supreme (without onions..lol) looks very doable for a first time marathon. Personally, I like the 4 days of running including the long run day because I ran my best marathon on 4 days of running per week training. Well, I think the weight training and yoga helped that marathon as well…lol… You’re gonna do FAB on this marathon! WHOO HOO! So, as for runners is it so far just you, me and my friend? Did you have a friend that was signing up as well? You gotta work on Lorie…lol

Wendi – You are TEARIN’ up the terrain! But if your shoes are bothering you, then I’d continue the search. I had to do the same thing until I found Mizuno Wave Riders and I won’t run in anything else.

Kath – OMGoodness! ok, so my oldest DD19(almost) who doesn’t live at home anymore STILL has her blankie (knitted) and puts it on her bed, and my DD18 (almost) has her “Shhhweetie” bear on her bed and me thinks she still sleeps with him on occasion. Back in the day, I’ve had to drive all the way back home and get friggin’ shweetie and take him over to grandmas where DD was going to spend over night. One frightful time, Amanda accidentally left shweetie at home when she flew to Texas with Grandma and OH MY, I thought I was going to have to FEDEX his a$$ out there. Thankfully, I talked her down from the ledge..lol…and all was good. Anyway, I would never get rid of the kids’ childhood security items no matter how tattered because it is something special for them and I let them decide what they want to do. Oldest DD did go through a phase where she was “too cool” for her friends to see the blankie on her bed and used to hide it and once she thought she was ‘over” the blanket and I just put it away for her. Good thing because that didn’t last long and I gave her the blanket out of my closet. ANyhoo, sorr y for the novel! lol…

Wendy – I have a G5 Mac and my DD has a Macbook. I also have a Dell laptop which is what I use most for functional stuff and internet. The Mac is great for artists, music, photos and it’s just seems more “fun”. If you are not familiar with a Mac I would highly recommend going to an Apple store for a demonstration. Also, if you go with a Mac don’t hesitate to buy the Apple Care extended warranty. It is great to have and we have had excellent service with Apple Care on all of our Apple products including the ipods…Ok, that’s my .40 cents..lol.

Christine – HERE, HERE! to spoiling dogs! I love my dog! lol. Uh, and no worries about the SUV/Tax chatter going on…I should have been more SILLY in my posts and not come off so serious. Sorry if I sounded too serious..…but I do feel like I pay enough friggin tax here in California and I certainly would pay more for education in a heartbeat. I just get pi$$ed that all this money they SAY is going for education..where the heck is it? hmm? remember the big vote to get Lottery in California? The big push was for benefiting education…hmmm? Let’s see now, um, how much money is dumped into lotto? and how many teachers must still be laid off and how many educational programs to be cut? I dunno, but I say to the Humvee driving Govenator, “Show me the money!”….LOL. Oh, by the way, GOOD LUCK with your review!

Carole – Oh yeah! I ‘ve had the Sabra hummus from Costco ..yum! But it is dangerous for me to have in the house…I mean just hook up the feedbag to my halter and away I go on that stuff..lol. I like the pinenut one and the olive one. LOL about the acronym for your sis…we also use PIFA for well, you get it…lol Or we say, “man, she is stucking fupid”…lol…

HI JACKIE! - Don’t work too hard! I know how piles and deadlines can sideline from the computer…have a good day!

Crazy girl Shelly – Wow, great run logged there! I lol’d at your Spanky comments. I also like the idea of riding the bike to work! I have seriously considered that as well. It is 26 miles one way for me but it is pretty much downhill all the way there and well, coming home in the dark UPHILL would be not such a good idea..lol. If I could afford a gas saving commuter car right now I would get it in a heartbeat but the government and state just pretty much drained my savings so I can’t. BUT my BIL’s neighbor is selling his recently inherited Suzuki Sidekick for only $1000. He acquired it after his dad’s passing and already has enough cars. The Suzuki was his dad’s second car he used to go fishing and bop around town in. I’m thinking for only $1000 I could use it to bop around in and only the gas for 4 cylinders instead of 8. I dunno, going to check it out further, as I am really tired of spending $95 a week for gas. Sorry for the novel…lol. Hope you are getting excited for your move!

Dallas – Sorry about the sad new from a family member. That stuff can really throw off the day. I hope it gets better. Also, yep, I think if you’re feeling aches in the top of the foot it is more than likely your laces are too tight and/or the tongue of the shoe is bunching or a sock. Probably the laces though and make sure the top of the tongue is not pulled up to high that it will hit the top of the foot/ankle area. Just my thoughts…

Ok, piano guy is gone but now I must shower, make my lunch and head out the door…I should have known the appt would leave no workout time…drats.. I’ll just have to hit the gym after work tomorrow (my day shift) and do double time! lol

Have a great day CHEETAHS!!!

PS _ SOOOO glad to see Sunny was ok! YAY! Um, but now where the heck is LORIE??...lol

Posh :7

Kath - trade MIL's? Hmmm, let's see. No. :p Have fun with your salad.

Posh - I knew you were not very serious, but I love ya girl and just don't want to hurt your feelings. And there are times when SUVs are necessary. So, that's that. Education. Hmph. Don't even get me started. We're already ranked pretty low education-wise here in California. It's just a shame the way our Govinator is focusing his attention. And - ITA about spoiling our dogs. Jimmy is at doggie day care today and he's going to a pet hotel where he will play all day with the other "guests", then he'll have "turn down" service for his bed (they leave a treat on the bed), in his own private room with music piped in to sooth him. He's pretty spoiled. :p But he's such a loving guy. He's the only one in the family who is always there, no matter what. :p H

Sunny - I thought of you today when I received an email from a VF'er wanting to trade 3 Spinervals for my Barry's BootCamp - Mental Toughness, Totally Time Trial and Sprinting Machine. I'm going to have such fun!!

I have a major case of Lat DOMS from - get this - my CORE workout yesterday. I did Steve Cotter's Extreme Kettlebell Core Circuit 1 and managed to get through all three sets! YAY! There is a set of 5 clean and presses - I did the first set with my 26 pound kb's - I think that's what did it. I have to admit I was rather impressed with myself being able to do clean and pressed with 12k kettlebells!

Afternoon Girls.

Whew I'm beat.

I went from BBC Butt and Legs (standing work only) to ITread 24/60 intervals (5.92 miles in 60 minutes) into the shower and then right to the park for an hour and Joey and I walked around for 30 minutes of it. I am already sore in the triceps, heading down into the lat area from y'day's work out which always makes me feel more worn out as well. Plus dealing with the slight cold I've developed probably isn't helping either. I think I will listen to my body and take a nap before cleaning the house.

I'll be back a bit later on for personals.

G'night!;)

Hey ladies,

creeps in and looks both ways doesn't see wendy so shhhhhh, don't tell her i went to target and bought some really cute spring and summer clothes!!! ...o) nothing like retail therapy to break you out of a funk.

judy- i know would be nice but i am getting such great results with my tt rotations so i figured why mess up a good thing, lol. i hope you are enjoying nwolw. i did loose a stubborn two pounds my first two weeks doing the workouts.

cathy- i knew you would be on top of all wii, lol. as far as BC pills don't know if it would make sense for me to go on them as i had my tubes tied after second ds. i am planning on a gyno visit very soon.

carole- lmao at story re: trading your sis. hilarious! glad you can understand what i was/am going thru.

wendy- yes my website is re: my personal training. i can't wait for it be finished!! wii? of course can't give it up. i am anxiously awaiting all of the new wii fit games!!!

christine- you are so sweet. didn't mean to alarm anyone. just couldn't shake my funkiness and didn't want to be a downer on the boards. i know you will enjoy enjoy sprints! i am thinking of getting mental toughness. i still haven't tried my steve cotter dvd. crossfit sounds so awesome. we have one place close that offers the classes and i am dying to go but the times they hold the classes are inconvient for me. let me know if you give them a whirl.

gloria- welcome to cheetahville!! the ladies here are all friendly and knowledgeable.

jackie- i need to try itread reverse. sounds like a lot of fun.

shelly- i got a perform TM. i've been wanted a new one since i sold my old one to my sis. just had a hard time convincing dh;) sounds like you will be a east coaster very soon!

wendi- thanks for thinking of me. you are too kind:)

dallas- sorry about the sad letter you received. hopefully all is well. how are things going with your dh's coaching position?

posh- so sorry to hear no posh spending for awhile. paying taxes sucks big time. IA the gas prices are ridiculous.

ok off to check homework and then get sweaty doing imax2}(

ttyl...:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.