::: CHEETAHS ::: TGIF, 10/27

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Happy Friday, cheetahs-

I ran 6 miles after work yesterday but did not have a chance to post again. Will go see what I missed and be back for personals.

Enjoy your Friday/workouts! (BTW, it's a rest day for me ~ I'm getting a haircut after school.)

-cathy :)

Wendy :: yes, that is how early I’ll go out depending on what I need to get. It’s sort of an adrenaline rush. Is the high step Cathe uses 8”? I use the ol’ Fanny Lifter for workouts that need the high step and was wondering if it’s the same. lol about no patience for StretchMax…I hear you!

Katrina :: I can imagine how your legs felt…mine were pretty sluggish in the afternoon yesterday. Good workout!

Laurie :: chuckled at the Tarzan image. :) Glad to hear Faith is on the mend. OK, you convinced me…I think I will go check out the clips after this.

Elaine (TYR) :: so sorry to hear about your brother. (((HUGS))) Wishing you & your family strength at such a difficult time.

Carole :: thanks for sharing the info. I haven’t decided which workout I’m going to do first—and I agree, people are getting goofy about delivery times.

Barb :: I hear you – I’ve been having that zombie feeling a lot lately! Yesterday I started to feel like this cold that tried to get me a few weeks was trying to make its way back on the scene, so I’m back to my Airbone/vitamin/zinc strategy. NO TIME to get sick right now! Sounds like you are doing a good job getting in whatever workouts you can….hang in!

Sunny :: whoo! Sounds like a helluva lineup yesterday. WTG!

Susan :: enjoy your weekend getaway! DH did well w/ that one! :)

Shelly :: sorry the groin’s being testy again! It must be so frustrating to backslide a bit. Did the elliptical work out OK? I did feel pretty energized after ME but then I fizzled by the end of the day. I really had to force myself to get out there and run, and of course, once I did, I felt great!

Christine :: (((HUGS))) …I can imagine the knot of worry you must be feeling… Sending lots of positive vibes your way!!! It’s gonna be OK.

Hi Jess, Jennifer, Judy, Laura, LD, & anyone else stopping in today.

Good mornin' cheetahs,

Today's workout is seg 1 of CM and spin class!!

will be back later for personals.

have a faboulous friday ladies:)

Morning Girls!:) TGIF!!!!:+ :+ :+

I have to work this morning but afterwards I'll be diggin' into some weight work. }( Not sure if it'll be Cathe or Jari but either way I know I'll get pumped up!:D LOL

Cathy: Good job on the run! I ran 5 y'day. WANTED to go for 6 but I was so beat after doing the Cardio Coach that I let the 6 miles slide...AGAIN!x( So since you get up at 4am to shopping on black friday, that means that you can shop and then come straight to me and run that 5 miler with me and my friend that day!:p

Sunny: I have been eyeing spin myself...I am itching to take a class but it just hasn't worked it's way into my schedule yet. It will though! }( Hope you have a good day!

Laurie: I swear sometimes that housework is the ONLY reason people have kids! LMAO! I used to tease my mom about child labor laws cause she has pics of me as a little kid (4-5 years old) in the kitchen mopping the floor!:eek: :7 I am no better...I can't wait until I can tell Joey to pick up his own toys!:p

Morning!! Unscheduled rest day for mex( The Girls don't have school today so I slept in which was quite nice but I am jonsin' for a good cardio session. I'm feeling a little soft and lumpy these days and need to step it up. The new workouts will help with that. I curbed my workouts after the half marathon but ***oopsey*** I forgot to curb my appetite:eek: :D

Cathy enjoy your rest day:) Are you going for a trim or are you going for a new style? Hope you can shake that cold, you're so right, there's no time to get sick!!!

Sunny, enjoy your spin class!

Wendy hope you get a good pump going today!! People are loving Jari around here. I regret not buying one of here DVDs in the spring when I saw them in retail stores last spring, can't seem to find them now!

Okay Ladies, as a Canadian I know what Black Friday is but rolling out of bed at 4 a.m. to SHOP, I'm shocked!!! Are the deals really that spectacular? I'm very curious as the stores would pretty much have to be giving away top of the line stock for me to consider shopping that early on a holiday. Educate me, what's the best Black Friday deal you've ever gotten?:)

Take Care
Laurie

Good morning Cheetahs...I managed to hurl my Cheetah self out the door for a 3.5 mile run and plan to do some MM legs later & abs...

Cathy--good job on 6 miles yesterday. Sounds like a good run. I appreciate the support about exercise & life getting busy. I'm going to go through some of the Cathe rotations and see if I can find something to use. There was a GS rotation doing a few body parts a day that worked well for me.

Wendy-- good job on 5 miles. If you post a picture of Joey vacuuming or cleaning the garage, you're in trouble!

Sunny--have fun at spin today. Sounds hard!

Laurie--my DH grew up in a big family and every TG, he tells his brothers that on Friday, they will be painting a room n the house (on the theme of put your kids to work!) Enjoy a little down time, but I know the feeling of curbing training and not curbing the appetite...easy to do!

Carole--I got shipping confirmaiton of my DVDs, too. It should be fun to have them. B & G looks good for runners from what I saw on the clip.

Hope the check back later

-Barb
:) :)

Hey Lovely Cheetah Ladies -

I've got Viper and C&W abs on the agenda for today. I'm so happy it's Friday. I really want to sleep in! I envy Laurie this morning!! :) Again, thanks for the support! I simply cannot tell you how much it means to me.

Cathy -WAY TO GO on the 6 miles! I'm planning a long run for Sunday.

Wendy - 5 miles and Cardio Coach? Wow! I'm impressed! Enjoy your weight workout this morning!

Laurie - I know the feeling about curbing the workouts, but not the food! I, too, need to get my, well, you know, away from the fridge! Enjoy your rest day!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...good job on the 6 miles yesyerday!! I am looking forward to the new workouts, but yes, a bit crazy here last night! Enjoy your rest day.

Wendy...geeze, the shipping confirms even got out of hand last night!! I couldn't believe all the threads about order #'s!! I have no clue what my order # was, as I just checked my email and the confim was there...great TM workout yesterday!! Did I tell you I got 2 more Jari's from DDD!! great prices...:)

Laurie....I am sure you are far from soft and lumpy. But I do feel cutting back on running after a half can sometimes make you feel like that! Enjoy your rest day.

Barb...I run out of time for my workouts on occasion too. PP was a nice premix yesterday, but knowing I could have Butts & Gutts next week is making me smile. I agree it should be a good workout for runners! Good job on the run and have fun with MM legs.

Christine...the odd thing for me when the pizza got to my stomach was it was the same kind I had been getting!! A Veggie Gourmet WITHOUT cheese!! But, it got to my DH's stomach too! And yes, Imax3 is dangerous when you are tired...:)...wow, extra boobsmashing is NOT fun!! I can understand your anxiousness for an answer. I went thru that with a pap once. I just think nowadays, they are very cautious and check everything. I do feel things will be fine...:)...The Viper is a great workout, enjoy it...

Sunny...hope your Elliptical workout yesterday was fun. Enjoy CM and spinning...

Laura..that is so good your classes are going well. I am not sure I could ever do that...:)

LD...hope you are feeling better today. WOW! I read all the posts desertbriez started....way impatient!

Susan...have a great time on Bodega Bay!! I do hope the massage will help your sciatica. I do think using the arms on the Elliptical would be more fluid. But also some of the way expensive Ellipticals without the arm thing are probably made better, so they would be more fluid.

Judy...wow...that was a long CTX workout. I do like throwing the upper body split in my workouts every now and then.

Shelly..sorry about your groin flaring up....I wonder if massage can help that?? You have practiced the firewalkers!! Way to go...

I am doing a CM section and a 4 mile interval run.

Have a great day...

G'morning Cheetahs!!! Very busy but rewarding day y'day! I love going to visit my Great Aunt Meg, she's seriously like a Grandma to me. And w/ her being 93, I treasure every time I can see her. She's the *fun house* with games, puzzles, Legos, and stuff for the girls to play with. Allison always loves making a trip there. It was a rainy, grey day so the hour & a half drive was pretty boring though! Then we went to my Grandma's house after lunch to sort through some things. My Aunt Ann has done a *ton* of work there. Think 50+ yrs of stuff to go through!!! I got to try on some of my Grandma's old dresses & clothes, which was kinda fun. My Aunt told me that I'm the only one small enough to fit in them & that I was a *hard body*. That cracked me up!!! (thank you Cathe!) Some of the clothes were very classy & others were cracking me up! (60's & 70's style!) I got some other things that remind me of Grandma so that was good. It was a long day, we made it back around 5 (my dh came home early to be here when the girls got off the bus) & he had already made dinner!! What a guy! ;-) His specialty- homemade tortillas & burritos. Then Allison & I headed to Target where I found some drapes for the living room- they're a greenish plaid w/ a little bit of blue, yellow, etc & they look really nice w/ the new paint! And... I got out of there for only $70 (Halloween candy & a few other things other than the $40 drapes! :p ).

Allison has preschool this morning & I have NO plans other than working out w/ Cathe!!! I know I need to do GS BSB since I wasn't feeling well the other day. I might do an IMAX also to get in some more cardio. Any other suggestions? I have about 2 hrs to get it done!!

OK, I'll be back in a bit for some personals, gotta get more coffee first! ;-)

Good morning all. I am feeling good today so it is gonna be PLB and oh either KPC or tae bo we'll see which one I feel like tackling at the time!

Cathy, Have a good rest day! I took mine when I was feeling a cold coming on so now I feel like I should work out hard all week end!

SunnyD Enjoy the spin class. I have been to spin twice. I couldn't get into it. Plus I swear I could do IMAX and run 10 miles and it still wouldn't be as hard as a spin class. It just seems that they are so tough for me.

Wendy Enjoy the weights today.

Laurie AW everyone needs a rest day every now and again. I am excited about the new wouts too. Something new to do. New and exciting!

Barb good job on the run. I don't know how you all w/out so early. I am an early afternoon w/outer!
LD:)
Christine!!!! The viper and C&W. You go!!!!

MckM Have a good run. I am trying not to run until my podiatry appt next week cause I usually can't walk the next day! I get so jealous hearing everyone talking about running!

Jess Enjoy your day! I am glad you had a good visit.

Allrighty!! Hope I didn't miss anyone! Everyone have a great day!
LD

good morning,

carole you could teach a class,just think of how much you have taught us cheetahs about running already!!

I feel like my house work is never done. constant dishes,laundry,picking up etc... with 3 kids. I feel like I am running around in circles sometimes. I use too have to always pick a room and clean it when I was younger. I guess I could make my kids do more but I dont. They arent that old yet though. they do pick up things and sometimes vaccuum but never to the extent that I did when I was younger.

well I didnt end up taking th enew job after all. they called me up this wednesday and changed the whole agreement and I didnt feel comfortable with that. I totally dont trust this company now after agreeing to one thing on interview and 1 week before I am to start they totally are saying something else. Rumors have it too that once I would start the job they again ,not do what was said. I didnt want to take a chance, plus my current job finally agreed to pay me more. so I am staying where I am at. hopefully I am making the right decision but I couldnt leave my job feeling like I wasnt totally sure about starting the new one and I felt very uneasy about things.

Off to get my mammogram and shopping afterwards,we have a new old navy in sandusky!!!!

thanks for all of your good wishes on my mammogram also!!you guys are such great friends and I havent even met you face to face,how lucky can a girl get!!

Good morning cheetahs!

I am leaving in a couple of hours for my little mini trip. I am very excited. I am going to do RS, since I did not do it yesterday and then some yoga. It is supposed to be in the 80's in Bodega Bay, YAY!!!! There will be a hot tub also, which I am really looking forward to . Okay, I am going to go on and on and bore you guys to tears. Have a great weekend and I will be back here on Tuesday. Have great workouts!!!!!

Susan

Hi Cheetahs

Wendy- I am sorry I missed your reply about the yoga DVD

Christine- I assume all is well with the mamogram results? That reminds me, my last one was last fall. I guess it is time to make an app't.

Laura- It sound s like you made a logical decision job wise. Yes house work is never done. I currently do one floor each morning, M W F, but then I get behind or try to extra clean the bathrooms and get delayed. (Kids are supposed to do their baths' but they still need extra disinfecting...)

Jes- GS BSB and am Imax will be a calorie killer.

Barb & Carole- I agree about butts and guts, I'm wondering what the DOMS will be like, because I'll probably try to run the next day.
In fact we have to be in Chicago next week Thurs-Sun for our son's hockey tournament, so I have to arrange my workouts and runs to get in a few of the new ones before leaving. I'm thinking B&G and LIC or DM will be my first two, with a run day in between.

Hi Laurie- I know what you mean aobut the**oopsey**!

Wendy- 5 miles is great! I 'm still hoping to get that CC2 into my Itunes library...

This morning was 8.2 miles in the cold. I don't mind 31 degrees because there was no precipitation and no rain. I just had to get in the shower quickly after cooling down. :eek:

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Good afternoon Cheetahs,

Thanks for all the nice comments yesterday about IMAX on an 8 inch step. No wonder why I'm still tired;-) ... you know, the more I think about it, the more I realize that forget about this being a precursor to IMAX 2, isn't it really a precursor to LOMAX? (LOL)

Anyway, today's workout was a quick 3 mile run on my TM, I wanted to squeeze in some pilates but just didn't have enough time.

Have a great day everyone,

Katrina:)

Hi Cheetah Girls!

G'afternoon Cheetahs!! WEll, I did IMAX 3 this morning & it felt great! I got all of the steps & blasts down!! It actually felt fun! Greg gets home early on Friday, so we picked up Allison from school & went to Lowe's to pick out the molding to match the floor & get a couple other things we'd forgotten. Greg's working on the molding now, it looks great! It really finishes it up in there.

So... I did GS BSB this afternoon & the abs from KPC. Think I'm feeling better today??? }(

I'm off to vacuum & do some organizing still, it's a work in progress for now!! At least there's a light at the end of the tunnel!! ;-)

Have a great Friday!

RE: Hi Cheetah Girls!

Sunny :: hope you had a good workout. We have a spinning room at school and some of the teachers use it regularly, but I’m not sure it’d be for me. I was tempted to try it last year and then someone told me it kills your butt. And then I thought about standing up with my tush in the air in front of my colleagues, and somehow it seemed even less appealing. :)

Wendy :: Sorry – I have to say, I’ve never been tempted to do any of the Turkey Trots over the years. T-giving is a time when I don’t count calories, so the next day is a light workout day for me. :)

Laurie :: I just went for a trim…I love having my hair blown out at the salon. I *should* be doing something exciting tonight, but I have to be up at 5 am. I’m attending a workshop in NYC and the bus leaves at 6! ACK! Re: Black Friday…I think I am the only one here who’s a Black Friday shopper, so I'll answer…some of the deals that stand out…$20 DVD players, a $20 leather desk chair, a TV/VCR combo $80. There have been others. One year, I actually camped out to get a Furby for my friend’s daughters. Oh yeah, it’s an adventure. My family from Germany visited one November and they thought it was completely insane that we shop in the middle of the night!

Barb :: good job on the run + MM. Yowzas! I rarely work legs and do a run on the same day – I’m a wuss like that! lol

Christine :: have you heard anything? Still thinking of you…

Carole :: you and Barb have me pumped about Butts & Guts now. That was one I’ve been kind of dreading. Corework is always my weakness.

Jess :: good job on getting out of Target without doing too much damage. :) THAT’S an accomplishment!

LD :: hope you had a good workout, whichever you wound up doing. Also sounds like a lethal combo!

Laura :: sounds like you made the right move re: your job. Glad it worked out for you. Hope you had fun @ the new Old Navy and that all went well with your mammo.

Susan :: Temps in the 80s? I’m jealous!! You probably are not around anymore to read this, but enjoy your weekend! Are you kidding—bore us? Your posts are always so entertaining.

Judy :: whoo, that *is* cold! Glad you had a good run, though. I want to get a few more Under Armour pieces as the season progresses.

Katrina :: glad you got in a good workout.

Well, since I'm staying in, my plan is to become a grading maniac...I brought a lot of papers home this weekend and I will be gone all day tomorrow. In case I don't stop back here, have a great night, everyone!

cathy :)

Just a quick note to say still no news. My doc returned my call, but she left a message on my home phone saying that a compression mammogram is fairly standard and to not worry about it. But, that's what I had done yesterday. I guess she hasn't gotten the results yet, which is probably good news - if it were bad, then she would have been sent them ASAP. So, I'm waiting for another call back... I think this is heaven's way of reminding me that patience is a virtue and that I am in desperate need of this virtue.

hi again ladies,

cathy- great workout yesterday. enjoy your rest day today! oh c'mon give spin a try. once your tushie gets used to it it doesn't hurt anymore, lol

wendy- enjoy your weight workout. so which did you decide?

laurie- don't you just love sleeping in. enjoy your day with your children.

babr- your new workouts on on their way!! wooohooo!!!!

laura- good luck today not that you will need it.

christine- have fun with the viper}( today. my thoughts are with you. no news is good news. hopefully they will call you soon.

carole- which new jari dvd's did you order?

jesse- when i peeped at the posts today- i was gonna suggest IMAX3. i didn't get a chance to post earlier but i see that's what you picked:D

runnergirl- spin is tough but you could handle it with no problems.

susan-pls take me with you, lol:D . enjoy!!

katrina- lol, you are a mighty woman to do imax 3 on a 8in riser. my hat is off to you:)

judy- glad you had a great run. how many times a week do you run?

i had a great workout today. i got an email notification i passed the turbokick cert class and my certification is on its way!!!

have a great night ladies.

Sending Christine patience.....:)...my motto is "bad news travels fast"...so if you are waiting, it'll be GOOD news...:)...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.