:::: CHEETAHS :::: TGIF, 1/5

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetahs, & happy Friday!

Surprisingly, no DOMS this morning (well, yet!) - thought I'd have some, for sure. This afternoon's plan is PUB + cardio. I penciled in my standard 6-mile run but might switch it with KPC.

Have a great day, ladies! I'm gonna go check out last night's posts and see if I missed anything.

-Cathy :)

Personals from yesterday...

Christine :: yeah, it didn’t seem as daunting once I crunched the numbers. I think I’d actually be able to make it to 1,000, too, as my typical weekly mileage is between 20-24….hmm, tempted to join you…BUT I think I just want to concentrate on my weight loss goals. So, I’ll be cheering you on! :)

Wendy :: Sorry, I’m at loss with your question because I know next-to-nothing about P90x except what I pick up around here. Without knowing much about it, though, my guess would be that you could do a hard UB w/o on a Friday since you have two days in between before you start.

Jess :: good job going easy on the pizza…it’s a weakness for me! Re: pre/post run meals: funny, I almost always crave a glass (or two) of skim milk after any run. That is true about Legos (or any container of small toys)…kids love to dump those things out, don’t they?…Hiding the box, :) too funny. Yoga once a week is a good goal…I was striving for that last fall when I was going to the class, but now it’s been about two months for me! I miss it, but it seems like it is the first thing to go when my schedule gets busy. I *do* have to go back, though, b/c I still have three paid-for classes to take. I’m gonna shoot for this Sunday to make it happen.

Hi to all who stop in today...I'll be back in the afternoon to report in and see what's happenin' with all of you.

-Cathy :)

HOLA CHEETAHS.......

HOLY MOLY only 1 day left, and actually today is the day because we will leave at 1am to head for the airport. So, no sleep I'm sure until we are on the plane at 6am.

I couldn't get to sleep last night, but once I did it felt great until DH came home from work and started snoring ;-)

Last night we had a great workout in step class, the girls wanted to know if I could do a class via salelite :7 :7 I told them I could do it from the beach like Gilad :) :)

I have no idea about a workout today at all, I should because I will have so much energy and excitement, but I don't know if I will get time or not. I haven't even started packing yet :eek: DH and DS are already packed. If I do get a workout in it will probably be PUB.

I hope everyone has a great day and I'll be back later, I'm sure.

Marcia.

Good Morning Cheetahs!:)

Cathy: I have decided that I will most likely go for the Double BM2 Premix today. The fact that I have 2 days to rest is why I decided to go for it! Ofcourse...I STILL have DOMS from B&G and this is day TWO! I could be in trouble!!!:eek: :eek: :p Hope you get your run in today. Hey, DH just left for work and it's ALREADY crazy warm out there...60's today and almost 70 for tomorrow! This is nuts!

Marcia: I am doing the happy dance for you!!! Have a FAB time! Pack girl, pack!!!!:) :) :)

Judy: Enjoy your run. Is the weather mild in your neck o' the woods as well?

Just stopping in to say a quick Hello and Good morning to my fellow cheetahs. I'm already swamped at work, and I just walked in the door. Not a good sign, especially for a Friday. Anyway, today I plan to run 3 miles during lunch. I'll try to stop back later to see how everyone is doing and hopefully catch up on some personals.

Have a great day!!

Morning Ladies, I'm swilling this coffee then I'm going downstairs to sweat! It's got to be a quick one 'cause I have to work but I slept in so maybe the cardio premix of SJ&P, we're supposed to go skating downtown later today but it's pouring rain so we'll play it by ear.

Carole, things are going okay with FIL, he's a strange man and I know in my heart he means no harm but I definitely keep him at arm's length. I see him less and less but he deeply loves his son's children and I would not stand in the way of that. The Girls are aware of his quirks but they don't treat him any differently than before. Things are going VERY nicely with Glen these days. Skating downtown with my Kids was his idea!! Hope your tweaky knee is better.

Cathy, 4 lbs since Sunday! that's great! I'll deal with my Christmas poundage next week;-) Glen's a very different man than I am used to and I like it. He's very soft spoken but gets really animated and loud when telling a story. People from down East (down homer's' as we call them) have a reputation for being kinder, calmer, more grounded than us Ontarions and I can see why now. He's very career focussed and goal oriented (paid off his mortgage yesterday). He's a lot like me, not much 'formal' education but smart, his grasp of things like world politics, current events and history is impressive but he's very quiet about sharing his opinions. Walking with him is hard for me, I'm 5'8" with fairly long legs but his legs go up to his blooming chest (he's 6'). I had to do a skip/shuffle step about every 20 strides just to keep up with him:) I don't know where this is going but he's considerate, open and willing to include my children and I really like being with him. Thanks for being interested, these early days are so fun when your smitten with someone, I have to watch that I don't start every sentence with Glen said this... or Glen said that....:)

I'll catch up with everyone later but I'm gonna miss my workout if I don't get going. I might just copycat Cathy and do KPC!

Later Cheetahs!!

Take Care
Laurie

Good morning ladies,

i am at work so i am checking in really quickly.

this morning was a spin class. had a new instrutor and she kicked butt. after work, i am going to the gym to train to clients back to back. i'm having fun but it's tiring. tomorrow i am in a cpr class from 8:30-12:30. i was hoping to not have to go into the gym tomorrow but someone already put their name in my book for me train tthem...

have a great day everyone!

Hey All!

I have S&H Legs and Shoulders and some Abs on the agenda today. Still playing around with eating now. My DH is going to think I’m absolutely crackers. Oh well, he’s probably right!

Cathy – Way to go on not having DOMS after PLB! I’m impressed! And yes, I have done the abs and those spikes and planks on the ball go on FOREVER!! No worries about the challenge. It’s more of a “Hmm, I’ll keep track and see if I get there” than anything. I do better if I have a goal.

Marcia – Get packing girl!! Are you walking about 2 inches above the ground in excitement? Oh have fun!

Judy – enjoy your run!

Wendy – you’re too funny. Enjoy your DOMs – both the DOMs from B&G and the stuff you’ll get today!

Laurie – oh how sweet! Glad Glenn got the switch kick from his sister. He sounds like a real sweetheart! I love reading about the things you two (5) do. Don’t worry about being too smitten with us – that’s what girlfriends are for! Talk, girl, talk! Enjoy SJP and hopefully the rain will stop so you can go skating!

Kristi – hi – enjoy your run!

Well, off to do S&H. HAPPY FRIDAY ALL!!!

shelly- I think you might be right about the gluten intolerance. When I was younger one of my allergies was wheat ,which gluten is in most of the protein that is in wheat, plus the constipation problems I have had. I am also lactose intolerant. I try to avoid milk especially. It makes my problems worse. thanks , I will talk to my docotr about it.

Later today I will do plo x. I might have an interview this morning , I am waiting for a call so I didnt want to get all sweaty and rush this morning. Its another warm day here. I just love this weather. It puts me in such a good mood!!!

have a nice day everyone!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...I use 3 different barbells for PLB. I always had 2 but then a few yrs ago my DH picked up another barbell for me at a garage sale. Makes this workout much easier! My knee is feeling better thanks. I am not sure I'd try the clicker on myself...probably poke my eye out!! I do have some DOMS from S&H...feels good though.

Marcia..now that would be fun to step on the beach like Gilad!! One more day!!!

Judy...happy to help and I hope you find a nail tech for fiberglass. Enjoy your 7 miles.

Wendy...I think you'd be fine with BM2 upper doubles today. Wendy...I rarely did unassisted chin-ups but pull-ups I could do 3 sets of 3 unassisted! You will do fine...

Laurie...have fun with your SJ&P premix. Skating sounds fun! I can understand about your FIL and the girls, and glads things are better. My DH is 6' and I am 5'4" but he is a slow walker...:)..Glen sounds like a very gentle man.

Kristi...enjoy your 3 miles at lunch!

Sunny...sounds like your PT is going great! My DH always wants me to take a CPR class..

Laura...are you adding in some P90X workouts? My fav is Shoulders & Arms.

Shelly...tapering for me was always the hardest part of marathon training! My knee does feel better, what is weird is when working out I don't feel pain, its just sometimes the way I bend it when sitting...?

Jess...sounds like a nice visit with your Mom. Thats good too you can get in some workouts.

Christine...yes, I did avoid the wind. But, I ran in the fog! It was windy by the time I got to work. I only saw Crystal nails once at a nail show. The fiberglass mesh is what helps the fiberglass nails to be strong and very flexible. Do they use powder and glue for Crystal or is it just glue? I'd be happy to try fiberglass on you...:)...The night before a long run I would more likely focus on carbs. I sometimes get pizza. The morning before a long run I normally ate oatmeal with soymilk and protein powder but these days I can hardly get that down so it is usually a slice of wheat toast with peanut butter...:)..Like Susan I also like Baron Baptiste for Yoga. Enjoy your S&H today.

Susan...glad you are feeling better today. Congrats on the Polar HRM...those are cool. Good workouts too. I have been not so great with food for awhile. The last 2 clean days feel good!

I am doing the standing section of B&G and then 30-40 min on my Elliptical.

Have a great day...:)

carole- yes I have done shldrs and arms 3 x now. I really like it. After I am done with that workout, my arms really feel worked over. I am hoping it will help me get that chisled look. I am kind of starting a rotation. Didnt exaclty follow it to the T this week because of the new year. Kind of messed my plans up this week. Next week hopefully I will be able to follow it better but I also start teaching classes again too. we'll see.

Laura..I think P90X can get you good results. Good Luck...I got messed up with the New Yr too, I am like one day behind in my rotation..:)

G'morning Cheetahs! I finally drifted off to sleep around 11:30 last night but woke up feeling good this morning! No workout yet, I have GS BSB on tap, but have to wait til I get home to do it since that's where all of my weights are! ;-)

Well, gotta get everything packed up & we'll meet my Dad for a late breakfast. Then we'll head back home, seems like a quick trip but the girls & I had fun. They just enjoy it because Grandma has cable & we don't! ;-) SpongeBob and the Disney Channel, they love that!

Have a great Friday- TGIF!!!

Wendy- Which pre mix are you doing? the UB twice one?... Yes it is warm here. :) :) :)

Laurie- It seems as though you are enjoying this new relationship :) I hope it continues

Kristi- Have a good noon time run. Do mid day runs energize you for the rest of the afternoon?

Sunny- it sounds as though your trainning sessions are getting popular! Hi ^^^^^ 5 to you!

Christine- Are you doing vegetarian choices? Somebody posted an interesting sweet potato dip recipe that I may try.

Laura- is your interview for a career change? Best of luck !

Carole- I have had no luck with finding a nail tech who does fiberglass. I do have an appointment for a gel set of nails next week. But I may try a bit longer to find a fiberglass tech. BTW I have taken off most of my acrylic nails and will get the rest off today. ouchie!

Jes- Arriving home after a trip with kids can be a chore. But you are very organized and will be back to routine in no time!

My 7 mile run went (almost) well. I had the same GI issues at around 4.5 miles again. (had to stop in the woods) Perhaps I am just getting back to eating more regular times and not late at night? Who knows? We had several late night dinners over the holidays. Normally I am done eating by 7:30pm except for Friday nights. Ok way too chatty here today.....

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Good morning all! Looks like the cheetahs are all doin pretty good this Friday:) Not doing too shabby myself this morning and ready for some good cardio.

Christine- Wow, another great goal set for you:7 1000 miles is still under 3miles/day.... totally doable. My favorite pre long run meal is a LARGE bowl of cereal with whole wheat. I concentrate on carbs before a run. Afterwards I try to eat within 1/2 hr to an hour and I try to get more protein in at that time. I'm not very exact about it at all I'm afraid. I detest counting calories, carbs, etc. I think it too easily leads to food obsessions....at least with me.

Cathy- DH doesn't need a cardiac cath :) for now it will just be medical management. Great job with PLB..... I warned you about the stability ball}( segment! Onward to fry the upper body now!! BTW-
Congrats on the weight loss!!!!

Wendy- My marathon is Jan 14th. Coincidentally, Carole will be doing her marathon relay the same day:) Have a great time with BM2 upper body--- that's a challenging one and great to do as a precursor to your p90x rotation.

Marcia- Holy cow.... leaving at 0100!!!! I hope you can sleep in the plane, otherwise you'll spend your first day in Mexico crashing!
I think it's cute your class asked about a class via satellite! They obviously think the world of you!

Judy- Have fun with your 7 mile canal run. Having good friends to run it with is a great way to combat monotony :7

Laurie- Hey... any man who has his act together enough to pay off his mortgage is a keeper:D Have fun with KPC, or whatever you decide on.

SunnyD- You sure do sound busy!!! I figured you'd soon be in demand as a PT. Will this be your first CPR class? I've had to get recertified every 2 yrs for the last 30 yrs but it's only been in the last 2 yrs that some radical changes have been made. You should have fun!

Laura- I'm glad you're going to get some medical advice and pin down once and for all what your GI problem is. You'll be free to get on with your life without this distraction :7 Good luck with your interview.... what's it for?

Carole- Have fun with B&G today... I truly believe this workout to be one of Cathe's masterpieces! By all means go for a CPR class.
You never know when something may occur with one of your clients at work. It can easily take EMS people 10+ minutes to arrive on the scene and by that time irreversible brain damage has occurred. I can't count how many times in the ICU we have admitted post cardiac arrest patients who were successfully resuscitated but are brain dead..... it's very tragic!

Okay.... I promised myself NO nursey talk today..... sorry everyone!

Jess- My you were the night owl! You'd never know I work nights myself. I'm rarely awake afte 10pm on my nights off and I'm usually up before 0700. Have a great trip home today.... there's no place like it :7 :7

Time to get moving. Today will be HCE#2 and later some cycling.

tata

ShellyC

Well, I managed to hurt myself just a few days before starting P90X!x( x( x( I didn't actually HURT myself but I aggravated my arthritis in my neck in a BIG way. It is friggin' KILLING ME right now. I couldn't finish the ab work because of it! I moved wrong during the ab work, felt an intense zinger and that was all she wrote! ACK!x( x( x( Atleast I got through the weight work. That is one TOUGH TOUGH TOUGH premix! Holy cr@p! :eek: I'm hurting so much that I am going to take the anti-inflammatory I was given for this. I don't like taking them but this time I'd be a fool not to! I hope it makes it go away fast! Keep your fingers crossed for me girls cause if I have to delay P90X another week I'm gonna scream!:-(

I'll be back for personals in a bit!

The interview was for the new company that is coming in to take over the building my current company is working for.My employer though told all of us that they will not let us out of our contract plus we cant go back to work in that building for 12months. Man they are being down right crappy about the situation. I only have 2 1/2months left on my contract and I still cant go back and work for that company. I dont know what I will do when the time comes.

Hey Ladies!

Wow! Busy today at work! This is the first time I’ve even had a chance to look at the forum! I like being this busy! By the way – those of you with Vegan Planet – tried the Lentil soup with Chard and Orzo – another incredible recipe. Very rich and hearty! I had it with a veggie burger and had a wonderful meal!

Laura – good luck with your interview! Glad to hear you might be getting to the bottom of your GI issues!

Carole – glad you avoided the wind!! And 3 barbells would make PLB MUCH easier! I like that idea. I, too, am enjoying DOMs from S&H. I have such DOMs in my triceps that the shoulder exercise were you stand with you back flat (tabletop position) and push your arms straight back was TOUGH! Had to drop to 5 pounds on the last rep. But it feels good! Crystal is very similar to gel and is done the same way – it just looks more natural and is supposedly stronger. Of course it cost more, too. :+ Next time I see you, I would LOVE to have you do my nails! I tip well, too. *winks*

Jess – glad to hear you’re bright eyed and bushy tailed after a late night. Maybe you are enjoying your girl’s being home from school so much that you’re getting the rest you need.

Judy – I’m back to a vegetarian diet for the most part, yes. The next time I’ll eat meat in Jan 13 for an all you can eat crab feast. What’s funny is that the longer I eat this way, the easier it is. I actually find myself liking the flavors much more. Wild Mushroom Rigatoni is so much tastier than even the best steak, in my opinion (I was never a big red meat eater). I’m the same way on runs if I haven’t eaten well lately. Between miles 3 and 4 I need to duck into the woods (or nearest convenience mart!).

Shelly – I know what you mean about counting everything. I’m not planning on going haywire with the counting – I just want to know that tonight, for example, as I plan to do a long run tomorrow, I should concentrate more on carbs, and again in the AM before my run. This whole low-carb craze made me forget what I know. It’s crazy. Thanks for the info. I’ll be running with you in spirit during your marathon!! I’m planning on doing the SJC Rock N Roll again this year.

Laura - how can they prevent you from working in the building once your contract is up? That's crazy. Maybe the new company will allow you to work from home for that time?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.