:::: CHEETAHS ::: TGIF, 1/12

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Happy Friday, cheetahs :)

This afternoon it'll be GS Legs & CM-2 for me.

Off to check out any posts I missed from last night. Be back shortly.

Cathy :)

Elaine :: thanks for droppin' in w/ an update. Sorry to hear you are not feeling 100% these days. Sending (((((HUGS)))) and positive vibes your way! We miss you, so come back soon!

Wendy :: sounds like you made out well @ Modell's. :) Hmm, how long is the B&G Leg Blast--do you recall? Maybe I'll sub it in today. Glad you liked your yoga session yesterday.

Jess :: congrats on your membership to the Y! I used to work for them in college and had a free membership as a perk of employment. What I really liked about it is that it was a no-frills kind of gym, not a meat market. When I'd work out in the morning, it was mostly seniors in there, and everyone was super friendly.

Hi to everyone else who follows! Enjoy your Friday :) :) :) & I'll be back later to catch up.

Cathy :)

Good Morning Cheetahs.

I don't have any personals to catch up on as I was the last to post last night.

Cathy: The leg blast premix is between 45 and 50 minutes long. I say GO FOR IT!}( Let me know what you think.

I have Legs and Back and ARX on tap for today.

I'll be back later!:)

OK, I am back for a minute while finishing coffee.

Karen- After researching Elliptical trainners in December, we purchased a Precor EFX 5.23. This Precor's best residentail model. PM me if you have any questions.

Christine- I visited I-tunes last evening and didn't know how to get the podrunners to down load. I am not very IPOD savvy, but I am going to look at it again. It might be a nice change from the usual play lists or CC.

Jes- Could your migraine be from over tiredness from the night with your neighbors' kids??? Do you have trigger foods that set them off? I hope it was gone quickly!

Elaine- thanks for popping in. (((Hugs))) And come back when you are ready. You are missed.

Wendy- 90" of Yoga! yikes! I don't know if I have the attention span for that! But I do need more Yoga. The block is a good idea. I should get one and a mat, but then I would have to actually do yoga on a regular basis. I got a flyer in my mailbox for private at home yoga sessions. I do not think so....

Hi Cathy have a nice WO!

Today is a run 6-7 miles....

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

TGIF Everyone!

I’m SOOO happy it’s Friday! This weekend is going to be interesting as football is all weekend and we have dinner plans Saturday evening, so I don’t know when I’ll fit things in! Oh well. My shoulders are still really sore from yoga, so I think I’ll do B&G today instead of S&H Legs and Shoulders. I’ll toss in some abs as well.

Cathy – Enjoy GS Legs and your core work! I like CM2 – it’s my favorite of the CM’s. Sounds like maybe you need Baron – wonder what happened to that extra inch?! I have to admit, I like the LEAN part!

Wendy – congrats on your 90 minutes of yoga! Good for you! Yeah some of those balance poses, especially where you balance on your hands, are too much! Enjoy L&B. Let us know what you think – there are so mixed reviews, but I enjoy it.

Judy – I think you have to subscribe to the podcasts. Once you do that, they show up in your podcast thing and you can move them to your iPod from there. I agree – they could be a good switch. Enjoy your run!

Hello to all who follow!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...I bet that was fun doing KPC with your colleagues. No I didn't do any Yoga yesterday, but I am thinking it might be good tomorrow as it'll be the day before my race. Have fun with GS legs...

Wendy...good job with YogaX. I think I might have mastered the crane once or twice...most of the time I fell forward on the pillow! Yes, I agree that the Legwork in Legs & Back will give you some DOMS...sounds like you got some good stuff for your money. A Yoga block would be very helpful.

Jess...very scary story about your neighbor! You were an angel for running righ over there. I am glad to read she is doing better..wow! way to up the weights in PLB squats!! The YMCA sounds like a fun idea for you guys.

Elaine..thanks for checking in. I have missed you and been thinking about you. Sorry about the blahs...sending {{{HUGS}}}

Judy...sounds like you enjoyed MM. I am just thankful that my run is only 9.4 miles and not a full marathon!! Enjoy your run today..

LD...glad you are feeling better. LIC cardio can be tough.

Christine....you mean, you don't want to go for being 6 ft??....I was laughing when I read that as I do remember Baron saying that about getting longer...I was always hoping that would work...:)...Have fun with B&G...I have some DOMS from doing it yesterday..

Karen...t-shirts would be cute! That is great you did those repeats without your IT band bugging you. As far as Ellipticals it depends on how much money you want to spend. I also had a space issue which is why I went with the Nordic track Space Saver Elliptical. At one time someone posted links in the Open forum for some searches for Ellipticals. I'll see if I can find it..I think the majority have fairly good size feet holders. MY DH used ours for a few times but that was the extent of it.

Shelly...might be a good idea to try one of the warm-up suits you can discard. Although for me I have only done a few marathons where I needed to remove clothing. Remember too about the food the night before, avoid anything that usually messes with your stomach, and normally don't try anything new!

I am doing GS back and maybe MM shoulders, then a 4 mile run.

Have a great day...:)

G'morning Cheetahs! It's supposed to be a rest day for me, but I feel the need to burn some cals today so I'm going to try out LowMax. I haven't tried it yet but after reading so many great reviews of it I want to do it!! Allison has preschool this morning so I'll do it then. Then we're going to the Y to check it out & get the info I need to sign up. I'm excited about being able to use equipment I've never used before! (especially the elliptical you all rave about! ;-) )

I need to start taping Hannah's room, I just wasn't feeling up to it last night. At least all of the border is down! My dh is out deer hunting, it's late winter season this weekend so I hope he gets one early this morning. It's going to be cold & rainy later so I hope he & his buddies don't freeze!!

OK, I've got to get Allison ready for school & then it's LM for me!!

Judy ~ I think my migraine was sinus related y'day, my sinuses were just all packed up. My dh rubbed my head and my face (my cheekbones, around my eyes, etc) & although it killed at the time it felt better later. I still have a touch of this darn cold/ cough I've had for a bit, it seems to be lingering on. I do know some of my triggers- MSG, bananas (weird, but my Mom is the same way), lack of sleep, & PMS are biggies. Enjoy your workout today! Are you still loving your new elliptical?

Carole ~ I was thinking of you as I was doing PLB y'day. I didn't even have any DOMS but I was definitely feeling it as I did it! Good luck this weekend, we'll all be cheering for you!

Cathy ~ I love GS legs & CM #2- enjoy your workouts!! Great to know about the Y, I'll check it out today & see how it goes. My Mom's boyfriend is a member of the Y in her town & he loves it. He takes yoga, pilates, and uses the weight room. I told my Mom she needs to join too because she loves to swim but so far she hasn't.

Wendy ~ Make sure to keep us posted on your chin up progress. I need to make myself get back out to the garage & start using the chinup bar out there again. Glad to hear that you like Tony's yoga too! 90 minutes is a LONG time for yoga in my opinion! :p I just do some yoga poses as I stretch & watch tv at night, makes it much more enjoyable that way! LOL

Shelly ~ Good luck this weekend!!!! Please post an update as soon as possible! I need to live vicariously through you!!

Christine ~ You've been so cheery, I love reading your posts. You're doing great w/ the workouts. How's the eating going for you? You always post such yummy sounding food!!

Elaine ~ Glad to see you pop in! (((HUGS))) & post even if you don't feel too cheery. We all have days like that!

Karen ~ I haven't had a chance to welcome you back!!! I can totally relate to how you've felt w/ the IT band injury, I've been dealing w/ it since my Sept marathon. It is NOT fun. It seems to take forever to heal. I think I'm about there though. Also sorry about your Grandma, I can relate there also as my Grandma passed away in Oct. Good to see that you're able to get in a good run!! Yeah!!! So are you planning any races this year?

Susan ~ I did read your post about being scared to reinjure myself. I can totally relate to that. But I really do feel it not as much as I'm running but for the day or 2 after. I just want to make sure it's TOTALLY healed before I start again. I have a half marathon to train for in May so I've got to get back to some mileage soon. Also, the weather's been so yucky lately that I don't mind not getting out there. Sad to say that last year I was out running in the snow, below 0 temps, etc. Am I a wimp now or what???? :eek: At least when I have run I've still been fine cardio wise, but need to get my endurance back. I think the swimming & going to the gym will help out a lot. I'll have other options than the step & kickboxing I can do at home. Hope you enjoyed that leftover bday cake. My dh is enjoying his leftover Jello cake! ;-) So is tonight the big sleepover party????

Everyone else, have a great day!! It's FRIDAY!

Good morning my Cheetahs

Today is my self envoked yoga Friday. Today I did Bryan Kest Intensive Body Sculpting, then his 6 min abs and then 20 min of guided mediatation. I needed all of that after my run yesterday. I think this will help me not fall into injury again. Trying to be smart here.

Cathy- Good morning to you. Have a great workout and enjoy your Friday.

Wendy- Great job on the yoga. What is ARX??? I'm throwing away the chex mix. It somehow keeps calling me. I had to rid them of this home.

Judy- Thanks for the info. I know if I get it and dh doesn;t use it I will. I am going shopping this weekend for it. I'll keep you posted.

Christine- Enjoy your Butts and Gutts

Jess- Sorry to hear about your grandma as well. It seems it was there time. From what I can remember they were both going down hill in health about the same time as well. God bless them both. As far as training I am doing a 5k Jan 21st. This will be my first race again since May. I am totally excited.

Carol- You'll never guess. I found shirts. One says marathon girl, the other says running diva. One more says something like live breathe, race. They sould give us a discount. Anyway thanks for the info and site on the elipticals. Dh and I are going out hunting for one this weekend.

Hello to all other. Karen
karen

www.picturetrail.com/karenvictoria

Hey Cheetahs! Happy Friday! Tae Bo was a good w/out for me yesterday. I'm back and ready for running and Cathe again. Today I am gonna do a 3 mile TM and B&G. Don't know how much B&G. I'll just go with the flow on that one.

Cathy, Tae Bo Extreme is soooo much easier than Cathe no matter what the title but I love Billy. He always makes me smile with his enthusiam! Heck yeah I am excited about the game. Only one word to you girl......E-A-G-L-E-S....... EAGLES!!!!!!!

Wendy, enjoy legs andback. What is arx? have a great friday.

Judy, enjoy your run.

Christine, enjoy your dinner on sat. night. I saw on the news this am where a woman was upset because the eagles are playing the night of her wedding reception. She is having a big screen brought in! I just thought that was funny and it popped into my head when you wrote about fitting things in! Have a great day.

Carole, sounds like a good w/out. Are you a vegan? I think I remember you saying that before. Anyway if you are, do you know what kind of tofu to put in a stir fry? Would it be the extra firm kind? I have never cooked with it but would like to try it.

Jess, enjoy lo-max. That is one w/out I have trouble with. I just don't get the choreography. Of course I've only done it 2 times. Maybe I'll pull it out this weekend and try it agsain.

Have a great day cheetahs.
LD

Hello ladies,

very quick check-in (what else is new, lol)

today's workout was a spin class!! it was so grueling this morning, not sure if it's because i am so pooped or the instructor was just extra hard. no matter, i loved it}(

yesterday when i was training a husband and wife together yesterday. i was doing some plyo moves from DM}( and i had other people come over and start doing some of the moves with us, lol:D . how cool.

also, one of the girls i work with signed up for the 5k with me on 4/21. yippeeeee!!

shelly- i can't wait to hear all about your race:D :D

if i get a chance i will pop back in for more personals.

have a great friday ladies!!

Good morning cheetahpals! No time for personals today but wanted to get in a quick post to thank everyone for their support and well wishes. You guys are the greatest!!!!:7 :7 :7 :7 :7

Good luck Carole.... although you hardly need it! You, your sister and friend will make an awesome marathon relay team:eek: :eek: You and Elaine are my inspiration and I'll be thinkin of ya! Actually, I'll be thinking of all of you

I most likely won't be able to post again til next Monday Afternoon, or maybe not til Tuesday.

:) My goal is to finish upright with a smile on my face!!!

tata

ShellyC

OK, LowMax is done!!! Loved it!!! It's going to be just what I need for my lower body!! I could feel it from doing PLB y'day too!! }(

Now I'm a sweaty mess & have to go shower & get ready to pick up Allison from school. The time just goes by too fast! Then we're off to the Y & have to run some errands.

I'll be back later! ;-)

Hey all –

Well, as I had bottomless pit syndrome (I have dramatically increase my calorie expenditure in the last few weeks and haven’t changed my eating habits – BAD GIRL!), I decided that I wanted a bit more cardio this morning (adding a BIGGER calorie expenditure – I know!). So I did the Drill Max cardio and Legs premix. This is a really good one, actually. The drills are pretty lower body intensive and then you add the weight work and you have a nice little winner of a workout! I’m feeling good, although my butt is a bit sore.

Carole – yeah, could do without adding a few inches!! LOL. How are you feeling about Sunday? Are you excited, anxious, nervous, blasé? I’ll be doing a good stretch and thinking of you and Shelly!

Jess – Glad to hear the migraine is gone. I know Barb manages her migraines through diet – so you might want to talk with her, but I also know everyone is different. Ah, deer hunting – I remember those days well when I lived in Central Pennsylvania and every man within a 100 mile radius of any wooded area was out tromping around searching for deer. I also remember some of the wonderful venison creations we came up with. Hope he gets one early, too – I think even the deer go home when it starts to freezing rain! Have fun in Hannah’s room! Hey, thanks for saying I’m cheery! Things have been so much nicer at home since DS23 moved out again and my health issues have been resolved. I’m feeling pretty good, actually.

Carole and Jess – I’m with Carole on this one – I also get more DOMS from an endurance leg workout than a heavy weight one – no matter how heavy I go. I think it’s because my legs are very strong from hiking and running, so working the muscle groups in the standard ways through heavy lifting doesn’t really challenge them. But the endurance workouts like L&G and B&G (and even P90X’s Legs and Back) work them from different angles and challenges them in ways they normally are not. It may not be that, but it’s the only thing I can come up with!

Karen – I was reading about Mr. YP’s Intensive Body Sculpting and it sounded kind of like the one I did yesterday. How do you like that one? I agree that yoga and weight work as well as cross training are the keys to helping avoid injury.

Sunny – I’m sure the instructor was just tough! You’re a cheetah girl! You can handle a mere spin class. :+ I know what you mean – and with your schedule, it’s amazing you have the energy to even attempt a spin class. Good for you! I love that you had people so interested in your plyo moves that they started copying you! HOW COOL!!! You’re obviously doing what you love. I’m so happy for you. Now, I’m sending employment vibes so you can find that part time job!

LD – oh, that’s too funny! Even I would not have the tv screen brought in to my reception (although, come to think of it, DH would be off watching the game if I didn’t so I might!)… Glad to hear you’re feeling better! Enjoy your run and B&G! The dinner is an all-you-can-eat crab fest. It’ll be interesting… We’re going with a guy who can EAT! So, that will probably sicken me, and I won’t eat as much.

Shelly – GO SHELLY GO!!! I’m thinking of you!!!

Have a blast today ladies!!!

Good morning cheetahs.
It feels like more than I day that I did not post. I really miss it when I am not on here. It has been a very busy week with all the b-day stuff and getting ready for Melissa's firt sleepover. I am taking her and her best friend to get a pedicure and then to their favorite restaurant at the mall. It should be fun and she is SO excited about it.

I have definitley been workint out. I did butts and gutts last night and then did 45 minutes on the elliptical today. My sciatica has pretty much gotten out of my leg area and mostly out of the glutes and now is just in the lower back. The pt says that is great news. I have to be careful not to run with that info and do something stupid like DRILL MAX!!! Oh, I would love to do that right now. Oh well, I will be jumping around soon, I can feel it.

Christine, I am so glad you enjoyed Baron. I really like that dvd and I find it pretty tough, especially the ab work and the upper body.

Carole and Shelly, how exciting for you to be approaching the big day. What do you eat the night before? I know, I am always thinking about food}(

Jess, We still have cake in the fridge, but I have been a good girl. That is awesome about the YMCA membership. You will have so many more options for your workouts and you might try running on a treadmill to see if your knee feels okay without all of the hard impact. We are redoing our playroom this week. We are painting and reorganizing it. We just have so much STUFF! It amazing at all the toys and games these girls have. I have not done Low Max in a very long time. Maybe I will give it a try soon.

Wendy, 90 minutes of yoga. That is awesome. You will get to look forward to it. It makes the body feel so good and loose. Maybe you should try the Baron that Christine just get. It is a good one.

LD, enjoy your run. I used to be a tao bo junkie. I never thought anything could be harder until Cathe came along. You are right, it is a walk in the park now.

Sunnydelite, sounds like you are doing great at the gym. It is great to have all these great moves from Cathe do pass on to people. The last spinning class I took, I thought I was going to vomit afterwards(LOL)!

Karen, I find the Bryan Intensive body sculpting to be one of his hardest yoga dvd's. I am a huge Bryan fan. I have been to 3 of his classes. He is a gem and so HOT!

Cathy, enjoy Gs legs and core max. Which in your opinion is the best ab workout off of coremax? I have it and have never tried it.

Elaine, I hope you feel better. I have been thinking about you and you are missed around here. Take Care.

Well, ladies I am off to ice my back and then I am going to sit and play the piano and sing. That is something I need to get back into. It is so relaxing and still my one true love.

Have a great day!

Susan

Susan I am so Jealous. I just love Bryan Kest. I would give anything to go to one of his classes. I constanly check his schedule to see when he will be somewhere on the east coast so I could go to see him. I am totaly a yoga nut. I do yoga almost everyday and mostly his for the passt 4 years. For Christmas I even bought his live seminar talk from NY. It was so inspiring. I have listned to it over and over agian. He really makes you feel like your ok the way you are. It is a hard lesson to learn. On his live seminar he says to accept yourslef where your at and most people don't. I also have his guided meditation which I have found to be so valubale for me. I have such a hard time getting a quit mind and this cd helps me tons. You are so lucky. I'm just beaming knowing you met him. I love using the Intensive body Sculpting with running becaue the poses in this video in paticular really help the runner.
karen

www.picturetrail.com/karenvictoria

Christine-
I subscribed to podrunner and ran to this weeks cast this morning. I felt this particluar podcast was monontonous. It was 145BBM. I'm not sure what BBM to use to pace myself at a 9" mile. Any clue? Next week's pod cast is supposed to be 175. I'm sure that will be too fast for me. I might like to try the yoga podcast out of curiosity.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Karen,
Tell me more about the guided meditation. I REALLY need that in my life right now. How long is it and will it put me to sleep? Even though, he could never put me to sleep(HAH)!

When I saw him in October his wife recently gave birth to a baby boy. He was just beaming! He is such a down to earth great guy and he really makes you think about acceptance with our bodies and just who we are in general. I just LOVE him!

Anyway, I am glad to know another Bryan fan.

Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.