::::Cheetahs::::Sunny Sunday!

gwd

Cathlete
Wow, where is everyone? It's awfully quiet in the den this morning. Was everyone up late watching the game? GO PATS!

I just wanted to get us started. BBIAM with personals.

So, I ended up doing a fantastic little step mish-mosh this morning...the one I was supposed to do *ahem* yesterday afternoon ;-). Yesterday ended up being a rest day because my work day got a bit longer than I had expected. Here's what I put together...

HIS cardio
BM2 bonus cardio twice
RS Challenge
SB Challenge

On an 8" step this was quite the sweatfest and so, so much fun!!! I had wanted to tear into HSTA today but still have some pretty decent DOMS from Thursday/Friday's UB work. Maybe tomorrow if we don't get too much snow tonight.

Judy - OH DEAR!!!! I'm so sorry about what happened yesterday! I'm glad that you, too, thought putting the dog down would be a bit extreme but I do have two questions about the whole thing. First, why would they be so quick to offer euthanization? Have they had issues with this dog in the past? And, if indeed the dog does have a "record", why on earth was it NOT on a leash?!?! Can you tell that I get just a bit irritated with owners that don't show the proper responsibility? I hope the wound heals quickly!

Christine - I bet you are one happy camper this morning. GOOOOOO PATS! When I went to bed they were still trailing and the first thought that crossed my mind was "Uh oh, Christine's gonna be maaaaaaddd!" Nice find at Ann Taylor! It sounds like you really treasured the time with your dad. At least you can look forward to seeing him again soon. Great trail run/hike!!!

Carole - I'm with you regarding watching the snow fall. Most everyone I know thinks I'm nuts because I can just sit and watch the flakes fall and love every minute of it. Of course, then there's the clean up, but, hey, it's one heck of a total body workout ;-). So how much did you end up getting?

Jackie - I'm so sorry for your loss. I do hope your mother gets well soon. I have cherry, too, with a rosey/golden countertop (I only wish it was granite though!) and just absolutely love it! LOL about needed "gutter guards"! Nice workout yesterday! Glad you've been enjoying having a workout partner too this week.

Lori - I'm sorry you're losing your coworker. It sounds like your boss needs to wise up and and take a good look at the situation at work. Nice circuit you put together...glad the TM decided to behave for you.

Well, I guess that's it for now. It's eerily quiet here *insert crickets chirping*. Have a great day everyone!!

Hi there Wendi and all Cheetahs :)

It is a nice quiet Sunday morning with coffee. Today is a full body stretch and possibly upper body weights. And, hopefully Christmas tree removal and operation decoration put away. We have a "fam damily" brunch and a hockey game to work around too.

My outer hip/thigh has a big bruise from yesterdays dog bite. :eek: x( It did not feel good sleeping on it and that is my favorite side to sleep on x(

What is up with our lovely Cheetahs today?

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Hey Cheetahs-

What is everyone doing for their January workout schedule? I need ideas! Oct & Nov were heavy UB and endurance LB, and Dec was cardio and circuits. Share your plans :) I have none yet other than 3 runs per week and a commitment to do more BOSU abs.

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Good morning cheetahs

It snowed for about 3 hours but the ground and snow were both wet so nothing stuck. But I so enjoyed just sittng and watching it fall, so peaceful.

Wendi...good mish mosh! I guess we could be nuts together just watching the sno fall. it does not snow here much so always nice when I am not working and I can see it.

Judy...I am so sorry about the dog bite. I have been bit twice while running. Nothing serious and the last little dog I didn't even know it bit me til I got home and my calf was bleeding! He was up to date on his shots so there was not a problem. Putting the dog down is extreme unless of course he has done this before. I got my pepper spray in our mall at one of the little stores. I also know you can order it online too. For Jan I am doing Amy Bento's Slo-mo for 3 weeks and then circuits for the 4th week.

Lori..good job on the circuit with your TM. I do that sometimes with my EXT. Sorry about your friend at work leaving.

Christine...I think the thing with the NFL network has something to do with money...or greed. Congrats go to the undefeated Pats. I thought the 72 Dolphins would hold that record forever. Sounds like a fun run with Jimmy yesterday. So the mall was a mess yesterday? We didn't get enough snow to stick but it was still fun to watch.

Jackie...that was nice of your SIL to stick up for you as far as the Meat comments. Sorry about your cousin...great workout yesterday.

I am planning on 30 min on my EXT and then a 5-6 mile run.

Have a great day...:)

Good Morning Ladies:)

Yes, it is a quiet morning in the den but that means I can catch up!;) Although, I think I did that last night! LOL

My night at work wasn't busy but my boss wanted to be called if the snow amounted to anything. At 4 ish I woke and decided to call him. Then I had to stay awake until he came in...then when he left I couldn't get back to sleep so I ended up watching this show about sex and the metally challenged. Do you know in Denmark the govt gives metally challenged people an allowance for prostitutes? Well...now you do! Whatever works for ya, I guess! :)

I think todays workout will be just cardio. Im not sore from yesterdays workout though so there maybe another circuit workout in store. I love circuits!

Carole** I guess you could say that it is pretty here now to:) We had alot of snow over night and its still snowing. Not sure when it will stop!

Judy** How is your leg feeling?

Wendi** Good job on the workout!

Who is it thats taking their tree down already?:eek: Oh..we aren't ready for that just yet. Ive thought about removing the gifts and putting them away but I might wait till next weekend. Thats when everything will come down.

I may BBL to report my workout, if not, I will be back when I get to work tonight!

Lori:)

Good Morning Cheetahs!:)

WOW, I did not crawl out of bed this morning until almost ten o'clock!!!:eek: In my defense though, I did not get into bed until almost 3am I think. :p

No work out y'day. I simply ran out of time before we had to leave. :-(

We went to my MIL's for our late Christmas celebration. When we were leaving we asked DS if he was ready to go home and he said no so we asked him if he wanted to stay there and he said yes. He waved goodbye to us and off we took! LOL We came home, hit the showers and back out the door to the country bar we took. We stayed at the bar until almost 1am. We had a really good time. Drinks, dancing and good conversation-We met 2 other couples there. When we got back into town DH was hungry so he decided to stop at McDonalds for some food. OMG! Do you know how long we waited in the that drive-thru line!? We were there for ***45 minutes***!!!! We were sooooo pist! I am going to send an email and complain. Perhaps I'll get DH free hamburgers for a year! LOL Anyway, after that fiasco, by the time we got home and got into bed it was almost 3am. I slept like a ROCK!

I am planning on going to the gym for a run today. A circuit work out still sounds tempting but the run sounds better and it wasn't an option y'day. }(

We could leave for atlantic city as early as 1pm but I doubt that will happen. It's already 1030 and we are not even packed yet. I may still have some laundry to do to get us packed! :eek: Nothin' like waitin' till the last minute, ey? LOL

Okay, I've done enough self-centered babbling here. Lemme go grab java #2 and get to a few personals. :)

BB in a jiff!

Wendi: Nice mish mosh y'day. Have you been taking notes when I post my mish moshes or something? :p :7

Judy: I read your dog bite post y'day but just didn't have the time to respond. I am so sorry this happened to you. I am not an avid outdoor runner and this is part of the reason why. :eek: Are you going to get the bite checked out by a doctor just to be safe?

Carole: How great that you got to enjoy the rare snowfall w/o having to deal with it's aftermath. I wish that would happen around here with more regularity!x(

Lori: LMAO about Denmark. Who'd of known!? }(

So I am going to try to hit the gym for a run today before we leave for Atlantic City. That being said...I'd better locate the butt glue remover and get goin'...:7

Good Morning Cheetahs!

I will be doing a Spinervals or going to the gym with DH for an elliptical session – I need something non-impact after the run yesterday. I’m a little sore, but not too bad.

Wendi – Yeah! Go Pats! That was a nail biter of a game! The Giants really gave them a run for their money. Sounds like a really nice mish mosh! I love doing the challenges together – so much more fun – and on a EIGHT inch step? You go girl! I hate to tell you but you would LOVE ASCII. :p DH is the tried and true Pats fan, I just like them – when the team is at their best it’s poetry in motion. And Tom Brady is a local boy, and seems to be a pretty decent guy. I would have been okay, but DH would have been in a deep depression. So I’m glad they won – DH in a depression is not fun. :+

Judy – Hope you’re feeling better soon! That must have been a big dog to bite you near the hip! Wow! Good luck with your full day! My Jan rotation is mainly endurance (circuits) with two heavy lower body workouts a week and lots of abs. :p

Carole – yes, snow falling is peaceful. I’m glad you got to enjoy it! I think you’re correct on the NFL network and greed – although if you see their commercials, they claim that the cable companies don’t think there is enough interest in the NFL Network to offer it as part of a standard package. I can see that, too. A lot of records fell yesterday. I’m happy for the Pats, but I’m kind of sorry to see Jerry Rice’s record fall, even though I admire Randy Moss. I adore Jerry Rice. And he was such a gentleman about it, as he is about everything he does. The mall was wacko yesterday. Lucky Brand jeans is having their semi-annual sale, so I popped in, and you would have thought they were giving them away the way people were fighting over them. I finally gave up and left.

Lori – Glad your night was not busy. Interesting about Denmark. I love circuits too. Oh, my tree is down and all the decorations are put away. I love Christmas, but by the time it gets here, I’m so ready for it to be over and for life to get back to normal.

Wendy – 10:00? Wow! Lazy cheetah! Okay, though, if you got to bed at 3AM. 45 minutes in the drive thru line? And I’ll bet it was one of those that once you get in line, you cannot escape. How horrible. Have fun in Atlantic City! I wish I had your energy – Dancing until late, then wanting a run before packing and going to AC!

I just have grocery shopping and football on my agenda today. Enjoy ladies!!!

Good morning cheetahs! Well, back to work tonight for another couple. I was so exhausted yesterday.... yes, I was truly out of steam. This onenight off business is rough but I have another stretch like that just aheadx( I was only able to get in 9 miles yesterday and struggled with that! I think I was sleepwalking thru Walmart yesterday:p At least it wasn't crowded which surprised me.
Anyway, I did get in a good long sleep last night and didn't get up til 0800!

Judy- What an awful ordeal for you yesterday!!! At least the owners appeared to be truly sorry for it. According to my DH (an ex-cop) pepper spray works much better than mace against dogs but be sure to shake it before you go out on a run, otherwise the active ingrediants settle to the bottom. Oddly enough, on my long runs into the wilderness here I've never encountered a loose dog, just coyotes, but they always leave people alone. You can buy pepper spray just about anywhere nowadays, sporting goods stores are a good bet. Re: January plans, just the continued marathon training for me... the weight workouts, etc I work out as I go along due to my crazy schedule.

Carole- too bad the snow didn't stick around a bit, but at least you got to enjoy watching it fall some. I may get some here later in the week... I hope! Have a great run and EXT session.

Lori- I like your TM circuit workout... i'll have to remember that one. How nice to have a night shift job where you can sleep.... I can't imagine that!

Wendi- I wrote down that mish mosh... sounds like fun!}(

Wendy- Have a fantastic time in AC!!!

Christine- Sounds like a nice Sunday for you with spinervals and football:) :) :)

For today I'll be doing some fun circuits.. SJP- haven't done that for a long time... and KCM's CFSculpt.

tata

ShellyC

Hi girls!

I just wanted to report my workout and i will come back later for personnals:) I did another circuit workout using the TM and DM. I ended up doing a 7 mile run and the weight work in DM. It was a good workout but my HR monitor would stop calculating when I was doing weight work. So it only showed 492 cals burned, which isn't bad but alot of work. I think if it kept working it would have been more like 600. And my bigger dog kept dropping bombs...not a good time to be gasping for air! UGH! I think I need to find a new place to workout!

Lori:)

Lori...well, I just might have to move to Canada some day for more snow...:)..OMG! LMAO about those people in Denmark!!!..Sorry about your gaseous dog, you are way too funny!

Wendy...WOW!!! you had quite a night last night....makes me feel old as I can barely stay up past 10!! So now it is AC for a couple of days? Yep the snow was cool and no mess...

Christine...I was also sad to see Rice's record fall...Jerry has always been my all time favorite receiver, and quite the gentleman. Moss has at least toned down and started playing. He got way cocky the last year as a Viking. I know darn well if he keeps up this way he will be one awesome receiver. I tried Lucky jeans once, they didn't fit right but if I had a store close instead of ordering online I might have had better luck. Green Bay is doing well today!! Enjoy your Spinervals or EXT with DH at the gym.

Shelly...I have often thought of SJ&P as my fav fun circuit. It always makes me smile when I do it.

I had a good workout although the pain did come back a bit on the run. I might have to break down and see a PT. I also might have my nephew use the ultrasound and for sure rule out a stress fracture. I am just tired of being sore when I run...:(

Good afternoon Cheetahs!

Carole - Glad you got to enjoy a few snowflakes. Haven't had any this way yet. It is pretty coming down. Sorry the pain returned on your run.

Judy - Mom is finally up and moving about today. The best thing is she's able to eat something. Oh my goodness! So sorry to hear about the dog bite. I haven't been bitten but I've had a few dog scares. Hope it's better. Glad you nixed the idea of having the dog put down. I plan on starting out the month with a Slim Series rotation for about 2 weeks. I'll alternate with cardio.

Lori - Sorry to hear you're losing so many co-workers. Good way to use that TM. You should model the tee for us. Hope you like the color. I had your gift all nicely wrapped in a box but when I got to the post office and they told me it would cost as much as the tee shirt to ship, I had to change. I looked at the clerk like she was a crazy woman. It didn't turn out too bad. Interesting about the mentally challenge getting a prostitute allowance. I was blown away by the prostitutes showcased in the windows in Amsterdam.

Christine - Glad you enjoyed your run with DH and Jimmy. Is the running getting easier for him? Congrats to your Pats!! Don't think TN will go anywhere because they have to get past the Colts. I don't see that happening.

Wendi - Nice mish mosh yesterday. Can't wait to put my new 5 disc player to work.

Wendy - Glad you and DH had a nice time out. 45 minutes is too long to wait at MickeyD's. Did you get your run in? Have a safe and fun trip to Atlantic City.

Shelly - Sounds like your body was happy to get some extra z's. Hope you have a nice easy couple of nights at work.

Rest day for me. We had early church service this morning. I checked on mom afterwards and I'm in for the evening.

Hello to all others.

Hope everyone had a nice Sunday. Nice sunny day here.

Jackie

Shelly – I hope tonight does not exhaust you like yesterday! I’m glad you were able to get a good sleep last night!. SJP sounds like fun!

Lori – Great job on your workout! Sounds like fun!

Carole – I’m glad Moss has toned down. I think it must be frustrating to have his talent and not have anyone to use it. He’s doing so well with the Patriots. Lucky jeans have different styles that all fit very differently. I can wear some and not others. It’s weird. Not a bad idea to rule out a stress fracture! Good luck!

Jackie – Hey one can hope – I’d love to see TN get past the Colts. :+ Enjoy your rest day.

I ended up going to the gym and doing iClimb 21 Intervals (which was fun, but only had a few intervals – weird), and then tacked on iTread 13 Sprints – that was fun, although I did take it a lot slower – I did get a few 60 second good sprints. I enjoyed that. Followed that with iSculpt 19 abs and I was thoroughly worked out. DH and I went out for lunch, then I came home and did my grocery shopping. I’m all done, and DH is watching the Pats/Giants game again *rolls eyes* Enjoy your day all!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.