::: CHEETAHS ::: Sunday sMILES :-)

::: PERSONALS :::

Thomasina :: how’s everything going out there?

Christine :: sounds like a great combination workout yesterday. I so envision you purchasing a BOSU soon. [font face= "comic sans ms" size= 1]*enable enable enable*[/font size] Next ski trip (other than some local mountains) will be Killington at the end of February…I haven’t been to a true Chinese restaurant in years. I do like Chang’s, though…DD15’s haircut sounds adorable.

Dallas :: welcome to the thread! IA-it is a challenge to stay on the dome for some parts of BOSU Blast. Fun, though!

Sunny :: thanks for the heads up on the iTrains…I will head over there after I post. :)

Shelly :: so how’d you wind up using your BOSU yesterday?

Wendy :: I have Tracey’s Cardio Sweatfest kickbox DVD…have done it maybe twice…I try not to be distracted by superficial things in a video, but I can’t help it with this one -- the lime green outfits kinda work me, for some reason…No, I didn’t scratch out my plans. I have no idea what happened with time, but I was racing to get ready at the end…The van ride was a blast…someone had the idea to stop at a liquor store on the way, so it was a travellin’ hillbilly show. *lol* I tried a dirty martini (I *think* you were the one discussing these recently) – blecchh! The candy cane martinis were better.

Wendi :: I don’t have SJP, but I would probably do one of the workouts using the BOSU. :)

Linda :: I can easily see why half training coupled with the X could cause one to burn out. We should be getting the new workouts at about the same time.

Susan :: love the shots of Chrissy (and was that Mariah with her?) Two cuties!

Hope I got everyone there.

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skiing.gif

Good Morning!

Just a quick check in. Everytime I pull the laptop out DS comes racing over to rip the keys off!
We had a really busy day yesterday with DS's party. I didn't get a workout in but will make up for it today.
I uploaded some pics of him eating his cake if you want to to take a look.
Todays workout is GS legs and cardio, it will probably be a run.

Cathy** Glad to hear you had a good time at the reception! Prehaps to much fun? LOL

If I get time later I will come back for more personnals! Have a good day everyone!

Lori:)

Good morning!

Madison got me up at 4:00 this morning, so I went ahead and worked out. I guess she is used to us getting up during the work weeks and just had to keep us on trackx(

Dallas - No, I don't take spin classes, but I have a spinning bike and when I use it (which is very rarely :+ ) I use Spinnervals or Cardio Coaches. I have also used my iClimbs on it, but just never did try the iCycles for some reason.

Cathy - Glad you had fun at the party! I am excited to be getting the new workouts! I hope we like them! Enjoy whatever workout you decide to do!

Susan - The pictures are so good! The kitty is beautiful, as well as your daughter!

Lori - Enjoy your workout! I will check out the pictures!

This morning I did Plyo X and Butts and Guts. Lord have mercy...what the heck was I thinking? I won't be able to walk tomorrow! }(

Hi to everyone that checks in later!

ETA: Lorie - Hmm...something must be wrong with something....I couldn't get into the link for your pictures. Then I tried my PT link and it didn't work, either. Maybe something with the site this morning....or my connection?

Linda

Haaaa, Lori...you might say that. I think it was the dirty martini that's got me feeling a little queasy. It was not easy going down. I have no idea what possessed me to try it. Or finish it...Love the pics! Was DS wearing a little beret? How cute! You sure had a lot of little ones runnin' around there. I imagine hostessing was a workout unto itself!

Good morning ladies!

I'm bit behind schedule again this morning...although it's not my fault this time, I swear! I will try to get back for personals asap.

So I woke very early this morning, full of vim and vigor, totally psyched about trying DM Ultra Cardio (aka Suicide Cardio) on the Bosu. I get all my equipment out, pop in DVD and turn my Christmas tree on for added light. I don't really look at it and go get dressed. I come back in and I have the Leaning Tree of Pisa in my living room :eek:!!! The thing looked like it was ready to come down at any moment. I tried to right it temporarily so I could get my w/o in (priorities, right?) but the stand was completely cracked. I don't think I have EVER undecorated a tree so fast in all my life. I felt like I was trying to disarm a bomb and the clock was ticking down lol. So that whole process ate up all of my w/o time this morning and I seriously doubt I'll get home early enough to do something this evening becasue I'll be shipping horses all day ;(.

I was cursing myself for something I had said to Shelly yesterday. I said I was getting tired of trying to avoid the darn thing while working out and that it should come down soon...well, be careful what you wish for!

Okay, gonna finish shoveling my breakfast athen get my butt out the door. Ciao!

Good morning ladies,

cathy- enjoy your EXT workout today. how cold is it in nj?

lori- i know how that is with the little ones and the computers:p . enjoy your cardio day. cute pics!

linda- hats off to you today. WOW, what a workout!!!

wendi- sorry about the mishap this morning and you weren't able to do your workout. i just hate when stuff like that happens.

wendy- i have tracey's sweatfest KB workout and absolutely love it!

today's workout will be istrengthbox and 4DSKB.

BBL....:)

Good Morning to my lovely Cheetahs!:)

Cathy: LOL @ the van ride. Man your family knows how to have a good time!}( I like the taste of spanish olives but it doesn't work well in a drink IMO. The candy cane one sounds yummy though.:9 Hope you feel good enough to work out soon.

Lori: Cute pics! DS is absolutley ADORABLE!:+ :+ :+

Linda: I would have gone back to bed AFTER I killed my dog if he got me up at 4am!x( x( x( Glad you got your work out knocked out early though and WOW what a work out it was! You are insane girly! But in a GOOD way!;) Thanks for the feedback on Tracey's vids. I have to get busy makin' a list of the next dvds I want to get!}(

Wendi: Sorry about your tree mishap this morning. I think I would have taken my chances and worked out anyway!:7

Sunny: Thanks for the Tracey feedback. :) I like to change up between endurance and heavy lifting for both upper and lower body these days. I must admit though that I have become a bigger fan of the heavy stuff for upper as of late. }( I think I am going to put Tracey's k/b and sculpting vids on my wish list. }(

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...I was happy as the power was back on at church...exactly, I could use the Bosu in place of DH's tools or for that matter any of the other crap he has laying around!! Seriously for me it is just the expense and I am waiting for STS info so not spending much. God job with the Bosu workout yesterday. Glad you had fun at the reception...any pics???...:). What exactly is in a dirty martini?

Dallas...Welcome!! Wow..stairs for an hour sounds tough!! Thank god for us cali girls the weather has toned down a bit, just rain for me.

Linda...Yes we were very lucky or blessed depending how you look at it...:)...the power was back on at church so I was glad. Oh my PlyoX AND B&G....wow!!

Christine...hope DH is better these days...WOW, that is expensive to fix your fence...it does always figure it is under the deductible though. I saw a few trees down during my commute yesterday and just debri all around. On the street where I work a huge tree fell over the road, just seeing the big stump was scary. Good workout at the gym yesterday. So, when does registration open on the Nike Half or full?

Lorie...luckily the power did come back on at church, no freezing! Thanks, it is always nice to get to know better, other Catheites which is one reason I thought the OAL thread would be fun! Hey, have you used the crockpot yet?!! BTW, a good massage therapist can really help with your piriformis. The Nike marathon (or half for me) in Oct sounds doable...:)

Wendy...the power was back on at church...:)...thanks for your thoughts...:)...Your dinner sounded very tasty!

Wendi..glad the Bosu helps with your wrists. Sorry about the leaning tree!

Jackie...the power was back on at church yesterday, I bet everyone was relieved! That sounds like a fun iTread.

Shelly...no, I have not gotten a Bosu yet. Right now I am not spending much and waiting for STS news as I am thinking it could be pricey. Driving was not bad yesterday...just alot of debri and a few downed trees. Sorry you got some of our nasty weather.

Susan...yep, way crappy cali weather friday! Sorry you all got out and drenched! Your new kittie is a beauty, I have always been fond of black cats. Sorry also about the groin pain, but glad some of the cardio does not bother it. My hip/outer thigh pain might very well have been my Chi technique! So I have been focusing more on a few things and have a lot less pain.

Judy...you are so right, as moving furniture can work the muscles, especially queen beds! I did get the RW but have not read all of it yet.

Tomasina...did the power come back on at home yet?

I ended up taking another rest day yesterday. Just not in the mood to workout so I watched Football instead. Today I will try a long run and meet up with my sister and friend.

Have a great day...:)

Lori – My computer finally started working right and I was able to see your pictures! What a cutie! He is absolutely adorable! Those are beautiful pics of you, also!

Cathy – Hope you are feeling a tad better now 

Wendi – Oh my goodness! Glad you beat the clock on the tree! Seeee….you shouldn’t have said that yesterday ; ) LOL…just kidding! Hope you have a good day!

Sunny – I haven’t checked out the new iTrains yet! Is iStrengthbox one of the ones?? Let me know what you think of it! Enjoy your workout!

Wendy – I agree! I was insane this morning! I like to add another leg workout to P90X’s week…and I figured since I had time (Thanks to dear Madison!) I may as well take advantage. Now I will probably be paying for it! Re: Tracey’s workouts again…..my favorite step one is Step Sweatfest. It has a really good, intense first section with pretty basic, athletic choreography. Then the second section has more complex choreography, but very doable. I agree with Cathy on the Cardio Sweatfest’s clothing! The bright green/black pants kind of overwhelm ; ) But I still like the workout!

Carole – Enjoy your run! You gonna run in the rain? Hope you enjoyed your rest day and football yesterday! Did your team win?

Shoot! I do “not” want to go back to work tomorrow! Yuck, yuck.

Linda

Wendi :: sorry about the tree snafu! Hope you don't have to work too hard today!

Sunny :: it’s actually warmer than I expected – going up to 50 today! And would you believe -- tomorrow 65?!! Well, whatever I do, it isn’t happening before noon, I know that much!

Wendy :: I guess that was my mistake -- I like black olives but not green…But good point: the thought of either in a beverage isn’t all that appealing. *lol*…I’m with you on the heavier weights.

Carole :: it would be nice to hear more about STS and the Workout Blender, too…I know there was vodka in the martini and two green olives. *lol* That one was my first and last. It did NOT go down smooth. YUCK!…So you’ve joined the ranks of OALers, huh? I popped in there one day, and I agree, it does look like a fun thread, but it is so hard to keep up w/ the two check-ins I’m on as it is, I knew I'd never be able to hang! :)…enjoy today’s long run.

A couple of reception pics:

They didn't do the whole cake-smashing thing on the cruise, but for some reason, they went for it last night...
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/photos/WeddingReception-020.jpg

DSis & me
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/photos/jucf.jpg

Linda :: I need the Quarter Pounder cure. I will feel better after that. Truly. Have to wait one more hour for McD to serve lunch. One last terribly unclean hurrah before getting back to business tomorrow!...I do agree -- crazy outfits aside (which, in all fairness, is not important) -- the Sweatfest w/out itself is decent...yet it is just not something I reach for on a regular basis.

Ooh, man these abs DOMS are REALLY kickin' in now from yesterday. Yowzas!

Cathy - What great pictures of the bride, groom and you! Looks like she got him good with the cake! I don't reach for that workout very often, either! Hardly ever, as a matter of fact. I don't really know why, though. I guess there are just so many that I like better...but I do like it. :)

Hi Girls!

Back to report! My TM started acting up again during Mile 2...so all I did was 2.5 miles on the TM, then Cardio TS from BM2 and GS legs (standing) Im feeling a little lazy now!

Cathy** Yes, very nice pic of you and the bride! The camera loves you!:)

Wendi** One yr we put up our christmas tree and in the middle of the night I went to the washroom, when I looked towards the tree...it was gone! There it was on the floor! It fell over in the middle of the night, what a mess!

Linda** That was a early rise for a Sun morning. DS woke at 6 but thankfully went back for another hour. He as been getting up pretty early lately, Im not sure whats up with that.

Carole** enjoy your workout today!

Wendy** You didn't tell us what you were doing today!

Did I miss anyone? I probably did! Ill have to go back and check!

Lori:)

Good Morning Ladies!

I have a Hi/Lo Ext/APX circuit on tap for this morning. Should be interesting! I’m looking forward to it, actually. Then I have to focus on a stupid presentation for work. For some stupid reason, my company’s VPs think that they way to really test us on our knowledge about our product is to have us create and give a 20 minute presentation. Last time they gave us the presentation we had to parrot, but this time we have to create it. So, I get to spend my Sunday doing this. Grrr…. Oh well.

Sunny – I’m excited too! I so hope this works out. Even if you can only get away for ½ an hour I would love to meet!

Susan – I LOVE the photos of Chrissy! She looks so happy to be with your family! Bless you for saving her. Glad she’s getting a long with the other kitty and dog.

Dallas – oh, we’re good at enabling, and this group is so positive and helpful. I never thought I’d run a half marathon, but since I became a Cheetah, I’ve run two and have a 10.6 miler on the agenda end of April.

Cathy – We were chatty yesterday, weren’t we? LOVE your photos! Looks like you had a blast at the reception. Good looks run in the family, I see! As does a wild sense of humor! I’m not a fan of martini’s – although I have had a chocolate martini – and that was incredible (2 million calories, but hey…) Killington is supposed to be incredible! Not quite the vertical that the West has, but… Have fun.

Lori – Oh man – that pic of DS in his little beret is priceless! He’s so cute! Thanks for sharing. Funny - you actually look a lot like my sister’s sister-in-law – who I absolutely adore. Enjoy your workout!

Linda – Isn’t it fun when our doggie companions decide that we should not be lazy and should get up! What a workout you got in!! I’m totally impressed that you survived that!

Wendi – Oh, I’m sorry your Christmas tree decided to commit hari-kari! What a pain, though! Did the stand leak everywhere? What a mess. Sorry you missed your workout, too! Hope you get some workout shipping the horses.

Wendy – I’m going back and forth on Tracey’s sweatfest. I’m going to wait for Amy’s new Kickbox workouts first. The presale is in a few weeks and there’s no shipping charge. Actually, I was looking at the Nike’s marathon course – it’s not flat – but it’s not that hilly – you run through downtown and along fisherman’s wharf (which is right by the bay so it’s flat), and the biggest hill you hit is going up to run across the Golden Gate.

Carole – I’m guestimating the fence repair. I know how much it cost to have it righted before when it started leaning. I’m hoping it’s an easier repair. Our gardener will help take down the tree – which is too b ad – we just spent money this summer with Chem Lawn as the trees were diseased and that worked. Oh well – I wonder if there’s enough sunlight back there to put a fruit tree… :p I don’t know when the registration is for the Nike’s women’s is. I’m trying to find out where to register for it. The website is kind of different. Oh well – I’ll continue searching. It would be a really good one for a GTG. We could all rent a hotel room downtown and tumble in together. Enjoy your run today! Hope all is well – is DH still being a jerk?

Enjoy your day Ladies!!!

Good morning chatty cheetahs! My goodness, we were a gabby group yesterday:eek: Just a bunch of rain last night but today it should be snowing:7 Got all the housework chores done yesterday so today will just be fun and relaxing, although being the warped insane cheetah I am, fun will be something that includes alot of sweating;-)

Cathy- So has your "fun" wore off yet? LOL, you are so cute! Love your pics, you are looking so foxy lately:* For my BOSU fun yesterday I just did the instructional/workout vid that came with it but it has lots of nice core work. I think today I'll follow your example and do HSC using it.

Lori- Love the pic of your DS with cake all over his face... absolutely classic, not to mention darned cute!!! Have fun today with GS legs and your run.... how far?

SunnyD- Well, you've got me on an unusual iTread kick, normally I don't go for these that much. Anyway, I checked out the new ones yesterday and the circuit circus (#26) just sounded too fun so it's now part of my collection.... may try it later today. I didn't know that any of the iStrengths had boxing...... uh oh!

Wendy- Whatchadoin today for a workout?

Carole another rest day yesterday:eek: :eek: :eek: I bet your body loved it!
Hopefully it's not raining much for you today for your long run.
say HI to Karen for me. I so LOVED running with you guys, she is an awesome pacesetter!!

Linda- wooohooo, AMAZING workouts for you yesterday and especially today! I am impressed!

Wendi- Uh Oh.... did I set you up for a hex???? LOL though,,, I'm picturing you frantically undecorating your leaning tree!! :+
Well, it needed to get done eventually, too bad it was at the expense of some workout time but now you have the room to do one right. That's great that you can do pushups on the BOSU without it bothering your wrists... i never thought of that!

Christine- What goal have you set before you get a Bosu? Have a great time with HLext/APX today.

Susan- Loved the pics yesterday of Chrissy! She looks sleek and happy!! Lucky kitty :)

Dallas- I normally only use the TM for interval/ speed workouts, not long runs but the weather forced me to. Yes, I have a TV set up and usually watch something to relieve the tediousness. What's your workout plan for today?

I think that about catches me up. Jackie..... where are you?
You should be posting with me:) :) :p

For today I'll be doing HSC on the Bosu and then ASCII-- on a step, too tricky to try on the BOSU. Maybe I'll try my newest iTrain later.

ShellyC

Well I finished creating my presentation. Now I have to run through it 20 million times so I have it down. :p

Shelly - my goal to reach my BOSU is a 15 pound weight loss. Now, I just have to decide whether my scale or the WW scale is the one I'll use. :p You had me for a moment when I read you're going to do HSC on the BOSU then ASCII - I could not imagine that one on the BOSU - OUCH! Do have combo 5 down?

Hello again.

No work out for me today. It's a scheduled rest day. I thought I might sneak in some cardio if I got bored but as it turns out I'm heading out to the mall in a bit so I will *NOT* be bored!}(

I'll catch up on more personals when I get back later on.

Hope everyone has a fabulous day!:)

Linda..lucky for me it was not raining for my run!! Actually my teams are not playing til next weekend. But as a football junkie I do watch most of the playoffs!

Cathy...I am sure I would avoid the martini...HATE vodka. Yes, the OALers are a cool group. I agree as 2 check-ins are enough for me! Your pics were great...loved the one of the groom with cake up his nose...:)

Lori..sorry about the TM problems. Looks like you got ina great workout.

Christine...ah geeze..sorry about having to do the presentation. Way to go on completing it!!! The Nike GTG sounds like fun. Be great to hook up in a hotel room. DH is being okay, it is just me tired of the SOS...:)

Shelly...yes, I lucked out as no rain for my run, but it was a bit cold. Karen is a great pacesetter and I will covey your HI to her. Have fun with HSC on the Bosu and then tackling ASCII.

Wendy..enjoy your rest day.

Well, I went 7.5 miles and no real pain until about 5.5. So I am pulling out of the marathon relays next Sunday. I know pushing myself will only stall my recovery. My sister let me know they had someone else in case I couldn't do it. Yeah, I am a bit down about this but I am so trying to be smart. Besides now I can see the Dallas game next Sunday..:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.