Cheetahs Sunday December 17

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Wow, I can't believe Cathy has not started this already!

Good morning Cheetahs.

I overslept this morning so I don't have much time before I have to get ready to meet my friend. I was hoping it would be mild outside but I have a feeling even though it WILL be, it's too early yet to expect that. ACK! LOL

Laura: Good job on y'day's run! You are doing fantastic!:)

What's on tap for everyone today?

I am going to FIL's for an early dinner this afternoon....Homemade ravioli!:9 :9 :9

Have a great day!:)

Good morning, cheetahs~

I think I had a couple Coronas too many last night…it might put a slight cramp in my workout plans for today. Will have to play it by ear and see how I feel later on. Of course, I woke up ready for a Quarter Pounder. :-(

Posts were fairly light yesterday, weren’t they? Well, let me get caught up here…

Susan :: don’t feel embarrassed…lots of warm fuzzies have been flying around here lately…I think all of us feel the same. :) How was the cookie party? Good for you on taking two back-to-back rest days! Sometimes it’s needed. And you’re right – it’s all about balance.

Elaine :: sounds like a good run.

Marcia :: you definitely sound pumped & energetic! :) Glad the return to running seems to be a breeze for you. Enjoy the festivities today.

Christine :: Hmm…I have not received a PM…so I’ll PM you my info. Not sure if you’ll be able to check it, but if you do and if something can be worked in, give me a holler. Hope you’re enjoying your time with the fam!

Wendy :: have a good run this morning! No, I truly didn’t forget on purpose…lol…Really!… Ann Taylor is definitely out of my normal price range, but I do occasionally like to splurge there and I have to say, I’ve actually done quite well a few times with sales. Generally, I don’t feel AS guilty if the item’s a wardrobe staple that I know I’ll get lots of wear out of. But my preferred store is really Ann Taylor Loft – a little bit more affordable and the only place that makes pants that work for me!!! Ugh, pants shopping! Memo to clothing manufacturers—hello? Not everyone likes low-rise! I kinda feel like a jerk if I start the thread every day, but I think I am probably the earliest bird here!

Carole :: how tough for your friend to have to bury her father a week before Christmas. I have always found it moving to see the vets come together for one another. It’s impossible to have a dry eye when Taps is playing, I think.

Laura :: good job on the 8.5 miles…Agreed on the x-mas shopping…That is why I made a rule for myself a few years ago that I have to be done by the end of Black Friday weekend. I just can’t take the madness!

OK, I think my suggestion the other day slipped by unnoticed…I thought it might be fun if we name some Cheetah Awards (like the Cathe Awards on the Open Discussion thread)…I’ll get us going with a few…

Most likely to mention some type of scrumptious and totally evil food – Susan :)
Most likely to use a word we’ve never heard of before – Wendy
The I’ll-bet-I-can-eat-off-her-floor award – Jess
Energizer Bunny award – Shelly
Biggest Enabler – it’s a 10-way TIE!

LMAO at the Cheetah awards, Cathy! I don't have time to be creative right now but I'll see if I can add to it later!:)

Good morning, Cheetahs.......

I am up and it's quiet around the house, beautiful! :)

I have some me time on the computer with you girls and my coffee before the chaos begins. I teach Sunday School today, but just bringing Christmas treats and going to play games. Any good Christmas games we can do??? Then it's back home to get the food ready that I made for Christmas at my moms. :)

I'm hoping to get a workout in after the festivities here at home. I was thinking about the elliptical, but I should probably get some weight work in there, too. How many days do you ladies do weight work to coincide with your running?

I hope you all have a great day - I'm hoping to join you again later.

Marcia. :+

Marcia :: ahh, enjoy the quiet while you can. I usually lift 3x per week and ideally, I do cardio (mainly running) 4-5x week, but lately that's only been 3x a week, too.

I don't know of any *Christmas* games, but I do know of one that kids love. You can make it a Christmas game. It's called Mystery Word. You need a chalkboard or whiteboard and a stool. Choose one kid to be "in the hot seat." S/he sits on the stool facing AWAY from the board and is not allowed to turn around and look at the board. Behind the kid's head, write a word like "stocking." Now, the other kids raise their hands to give the person in the seat a ONE-WORD clue like "sock" or "red" or "stuffer." They cannot do charades and cannot say any variation of the word (like "stock.") The person in the seat tries to guess the mystery word. Whoever gives him the last clue before he guesses correctly gets to now be in the hot seat. The person giving up the seat then makes up the new mystery word. You can tailor it so that they only use words relating to a certain topic.

Wendy :: I can't wait to hear some of your creativity! *lol*

GREAT GAME, thank you very much! We will definitely do that one. :)

Another question for all of you. If you haven't heard, we are taking a family vacation in three weeks to Mexico. :) :+ :7 YIPPEE....
Now, I know that our condo we stay at is right on the beach, so I'm thinking a nice morning run on the beach will be heavenly. I've never ran on a beach before, shoes or no shoes? Any advice?

P.S. I must've gone far enough yesterday with my 3 miles, got some definite DOMS in my legs today - but, what a great feeling. Now, do I take a break for a day or if I get a chance go out again today. Will that hurt me or help me?

Thanks again for all the great advice!

Marcia.

Good morning cheetahs

Wendy...funerals are always tough I think. I always remember the people that came to my Dads funeral with a special feeling...I hope you have a good run with your friend. Hope the ravioli is yummy...:)

Cathy...yes it is tough so close to X-mas for my friend. But really to me, there is never a good time for this. Sorry about the over Corona feeling. I might have had a couple of Ultra's too much myself...:(...my run will be interesting...:)..I'd play with your award idea, but you mentioned some great ones...let me think...

Marcia...I do weights 6 days a week. rarely ever on Sundays when I do a longer run. With some DOMS it might benefit you to take a day off...IMO..:)

Laura...thanks for your kind words. You had a great run!!!

I will be meeting my friend for a 12 mile run today. Right now its 29 degrees!!!!! But, no rain so that is good...

Have a great day...http://smilies.sofrayt.com/sae/football2.gif[/img]

Marcia ~ you’re welcome :) Glad to be of help. I’m with Carole – I’d take a rest day and run again tomorrow. As for beach running, I’ve only run on the hard sand close to the water – but definitely wear shoes.

Carole ~ that’s true…there is never a good time…Twelve miles with a bit of a hangover?? You’re a beast! *lol* Hmm, and I’m sure there’s an award we can think up for you… :) At the rate I’ve been going lately, mine would probably have to be Most Likely to Blow Off a Workout. *slinks out of the room*

Cathy...well, just a headache and its almost gone...:)...you should get the award for most consistent cheetah thread starter!....and an award for making all of us cheetahs run to the mailbox to see the cheetah X-mas cards, which you set up...:) :+ :7

Helloooooo Cheetahhhhs!!! Well it's all over but the dishes!!! Dinner was a big success, everyone enjoyed each other's company, the house was full of conversation,laughter and so much rich, delicious food. I feel very light and relieved now, the Girl's Aunts and Uncles got to catch up with them and were amazed at how they have grown and matured into the little lovlies that they are. I forget how much they change in a year and was surprised at the reactions. I really enjoy puttering in the kitchen with 1 of my SILs which we did a lot yesterday. I feel very satisfied that it all went so well, thanks for encouraging me through it Ladies :) Ohh, I got a nice surprise late Friday, Glen called from New Brunswick to catch up and see how my week was going and to wish me luck for the dinner.

Cathy, I'll see your Coronas and raise you a bottle of Australian Yellow tail Shiraz!!!:9 My head's a little heavy today too...too heavy to think of any clever awards but that may change later in the day after I hydrate and get rid of the cobwebs.

Wendy, that ravioli sounds like it will be delish!! Hope your run wasn't too damp and cold.

Marcia, I'm stumped for Christmas games! It is getting tougher to get the workouts in with the festivities at hand.

Carole, glad you got the card, the post office said that they couldn't guarantee delivery by Christmas so I'm very pleased that it reached you and that it made you smile. Sounds like the funeral was quite a tribute to your friend's Dad, taps is so haunting and heartwrenching.

Well, it's going on 10:00 and I haven't even thought about what workout to do. I think I'll give LIC a go but won't be surprised if I end up bailing.

Later Ladies

Take Care
Laurie:)

Hello cheetahs!

The cookie party queen is still standing and does not even have a food hangover. We had a GREAT time. I had 12 women over and each one brought 6 dozen cookies and we had wine and some deli fixings and sushi before the exchange. We had to eat our healthy food first which really kept us from going nuts with the cookies. It was so nice to have my hubby out of the house and my kids gone too. I really miss having just girlfriend time without the whole mom component. But, you know how much I love my family too.

I am going to do butts and gutts standing and muscle max upper body today. I was going to do cardio, but I am trying to stick to just 3 times per week right now. What have I become? I can't believe I only did 3 cardios this week.(LOL)!

Wendy, I have not had ravioli in years, YUM! Have a great run. You have not mentioned your Jari workouts lately. What is up with that?

Cathy, did you have a quarter pounder burger or is that a beer hangover term? I am so not a drinker so I don't know some of these terms. Did you decide to workout?

Marcia, I do legs 2 times per week and upper body 2 times per week and at the moment I am only doing 3-4 days of cardio due to some sciatica problems. Enjoy your elliptical. Do you have one at home or do you go to the gym?

Carole, The funeral sounds like it was very moving and heartfelt.
29 degrees is pretty cold, brrrrr. Enjoy your run!

Laurie, that is great your party went well. I have to say I am glad that today I have nothing going on and can kind of relax. Oh, except for one problem, I have about 12 dozen assortment of cookies in my kitchen to not eat. That is great news about Glen calling, I am sure that made your day.

Awards-
Wendy,most indecisive about what workout to do.
Laurie, happiest sounding cheetah.
Jess, most productive cheetah
Carole, most unaffected by her super fitness level
Cathy,coronoa queen and most intellectual

I will have to think of some more.

I have to go do homework with my 7 year old. I will BBL>

Cheers!

Susan

Hey Cheetahs!

Well, we ran almost 3 miles this morning. We wanted to go farther but my friend had to get home to get ready. She was traveling into Brooklyn with her family this morning. When I got home I did BM2 abs and stretch. :)

Marcia: I think when you are first getting back to running, or first starting out at all, it's best to put a day between run wether you have DOMS or not. I always put a day in between my runs for a long time. I only recently started running on back to back days with regularity and usually won't do more than 2 in a row. The last time I pushed it and ran I think 4 days in a row I almost died by the end! It was DEFINATELY too much! :eek: This my experience/opinnion only though so do what feels good to you. :)

Carole: Enjoy your run today. Run off those Ultras!:)

Cathy: If I lived close to you I'd be in TROUBLE! You sound like so much fun to hang with! I'd be drinkin' with you every weekend! I'd never be home! }( Maybe I should suggest we move down there...we will be looking to buy a house soon you know. ;) LOL

Laurie: I am sooo glad that your GTG/dinner went well. I am so relieved to hear that. :) I was worried about you. I didn't want you to go through so much trouble getting that big dinner together, etc. just to be upset the entire time your company was over. So did you make it through all of LIC? Tell the truth now! :p

Susan: I'm glad you remained in control at the cookie thingy. I don't know if I could have!}( Moms need that away time. It keeps you sane. I love being able to go to the gym or out running with my friend or ANYTHING that's not chore related while DS is home with DH. I may do it a little TOO OFTEN ;) but I spend so much time with Joey during the week that I really don't feel bad at all when I leave him home with daddy. It's when daddy and I BOTH go out and we have the grandparents babysit for a few weekends in a row that the guilt really starts to set it... :-( I haven't given up Jari. I am just focusing on strength instead of endurance right now. That's all. :)

The creative part of my brain is not functioning well enough to come up with any Cheetah awards...ACK! I hate when that happens!:p

Laurie...I really did have this feeling your dinner would go well. That is so nice the girls got to catch up with their Aunts & Uncles. And...a very nice surprise from Glen...:)...you are right, Taps is kind of haunting. Good luck with LIC

Susan...good job on avoiding the cookie hangover! Cookies are about the only sweet I like, but I am picky...:)...I bet it was nice to be chatty with some girls...thank you for my award...:)

Wendy...good job with the run and abs, and of course stretching is the best! I think I ran and froze off those Ultra's!!

I ran 12 miles and it really felt good. Yes a bit brisk out but so much better than rain...now some FB....

*peeking in from the sick house* I'm here!! Wow, what a weekend!! Full of sickies around here, I tell ya!! I didn't even have a chance to post after y'day morning!! Well, Hannah did not have strep, but still can't seem to get over her fever. It goes down w/ the Motrin but spikes back up when it's time for another dose. Poor girl has blown her nose so much it's raw. So the Dr. said it must be a virus/ cold for her. Allison & Kiersten were both feeling fine other than drippy noses at that point so I didn't have them seen. We rented some movies & hung out y'day which was nice. We decided not to go to the Christmas party & I'm glad we didn't!! About 6PM Kiersten comes to me crying that her ear hurts & sure enough she has a fever. (102 just like that *snaps my fingers*!) Then Allison says that her head hurts & she is running a 100.6 temp too!!! So... a dose of Motrin, ear drops, & some snuggles for both of them. Kiersten couldn't fall asleep so she was up w/ me watching It's A Wonderful Life. She finally crashed out about 10:30 after another dose of ear drops.

So.. I got up to work out, I did BM 2 timesaver cardio plus abs. It was a good workout! I wanted to get ready & get them in to HealthPoint at 8AM when they opened so we got ready & headed out. Greg was going on to church to sing, it was not going to happen for me today!! We got into line (yes, there was already a line!) when Kiersten says that she is going to throw up. Lovely. So... I look around for the bathroom & spot a trash can close by so she made it there at least!! She threw up twice, and thankfully a nurse came out to tell us that we could wait in a room. One bonus- it was a quick way to get back to a room having a puking kid in the waiting room!! :eek: So... we got all settled & had to wait to fill out the forms, see the nurse, wait for the Dr., then wait for the prescriptions to fill. 2 1/2 hrs later we were finally out of there!! I'm so glad that I took Go Fish, coloring books, and Hannah had her GameBoy to keep us entertained. They were sooo good though, they were too sick to cause trouble!! :p

Anyway, so Kiersten did have an ear infection & Allison has bronchitis!!! Poor girls. So off to Walgreens to get their meds & wait there again. Made it home to give them their meds & now they're taking a nap. So far Hannah's fever hasn't come back today, so let's hope she's better!!! It just hit so fast, they were feeling fine & then all of the sudden running high temps & miserable!

Greg said the Contata went really well, but they did miss me. ;-) We're just hanging out today & I will be doing laundry & disinfecting like crazy. I have washed my hands a million times in the last couple days! (even more than usual! ;-) ).

Sorry I haven't been around, but now you know why! I'll gladly accept my Cheetah awards & will try to post some later! }(

Nope, no workout for me as of yet today. I don’t feel too terrible -- I’m just kinda beat. Maybe I’ll get a second wind later on.

Laurie :: I’m glad the dinner went smoothly and everyone enjoyed themselves. Also glad that Glen came through with a phone call. :) I wish I could say the same for the guy I have been talking to, but he just dropped the ball *again* this weekend, so I have to face the unpleasant fact that this just ain’t happenin’. (sigh) It's frustrating. BUT your situation is keeping me optimistic! I wonder if he will make plans with you for New Year's...:)

Susan :: sounds like a great party! I am also only doing three cardios per week lately, but I apparently feel far less guilty about it than you do. *lol* The Quarter Pounder was a reference to the real thing – I sometimes get a hankering for something greasy after a night of cocktails. Make that a Corona LIGHT Queen, please. :) I *try* to be *somewhat* good. ha ha

Wendy :: I agree w/ your advice to Marcia…since I returned to running (after a VERY long hiatus), the most I’ll run back-to-back now is usually three days. Otherwise, I start to get issues with my achilles and calves again. Yes, come down to my neck o’ the woods! I think we’d definitely have fun getting in trouble! In reality, though, I’m not out boozing every weekend. It just sounds that way. *lol*

Jess :: ut oh…I got to the part about vomit and then I had to stop. *lol* Hope the girls are battling their bugs!

Some more awards…

Most Grueling Workouts :: this would have to be a tie between Carole & Shelly
Sounds like she could kick some serious a** :: Laura
Cheetah whose posts are most likely to make me snort :: Christine
Most eloquent posts :: Laurie
Most dedicated mom in the stands :: Judy
Speediest cheetah :: hmm, who would that be, I wonder?

The kitchen's cleaned up and I've been lazy snoozing on the couch sorta watching Jim Carrey in the Grinch with the Girls. I did LIC cardio blast, abs and stretch which was a good fit for today. The rest of the day will be pretty low key (she said hopefully):).

Susan, sounds like a really good time with the girls last night. Friends and family, it's what Christmas is all about!!:) Glad you enjoyed yourself! Thanks for the sweet award, I am a pretty happy camper!!:7

Wendy, you're sweet to worry about me, everyone's good vibes really helped. All the stress of the build up disappeared while they were here and I slept like a big baby last night! Nice job on the run!

Carole, what are Ultras? What were the temps like for your run? It's been strangely mild here, no snow yet and temperatures around 40 degrees!! Enjoy your FB!

Jess, it's good that you could get a workout in with all of the sickies around, I'm sure it was a good diversion and stress buster!! I feel for you, it's tough when the babes are sick:( Sending tons of {{{{{{ANTI-SICKIE}}}}}}}} vibes your way:)

Cathy, it sucks that Buddy's being aloof and frustrating, didja get the silly putty hammer yet}( ;-) I happily committed my New Years to Faith this year, last year everyone but Faith went out so it's her turn and I'm looking forward to it. We'll go out for spicy wings and catch a movie. I'll probably see Glen on the weekend:) Has that second wind kicked in? For my award I want to thank you, Sister Kathryn Lafleur (the best english teacher ever!!) and I also want to thank my trusty Oxford Thesaurus:+

Enjoy your Sunday Ladies!!

Take Care
Laurie:)

Hey everyone! Sounds like everyone is busy as bees!

Laurie - I am glad Glen called! Glad your dinner went well! Sounds like fun!

Jess - Oh my! That sounds like a rough weekend! Poor little girls! Hope they are on the mend now. Or at least getting a little better! Sorry you had to miss the Contata, though! Good job on squeezing the workout in, but I know it had to be hard!

Susan - the cookie party sounds fun!! I would not be very good, though! I would eat too many cookies! Sounds like you had a good workout!

Cathy - Hope you are doing okay after the Corona's now! did you end up doing a workout? I will have to try to come up with some awards for the Cheetah gals.......!

Carole - Good (no..."GREAT" ) job on the 12 miler! It started out cold here today, but ended up being 70 degrees! It was heaven!

Wendy - Yummy ! Ravioli! I haven't had that forever! Did you enjoy your dinner? Good job on the 3 miles, abs and stretch!

Marcia - I agree that when you are getting back into running or first starting out, you should just run every other day, or 3 days per week. Maybe you could cross train with something else on the other days. After a while, if you feel up to it, you could try adding in more days. Just listen to your body. I am trying to figure out how much is the right amount and perfect balance for me, too. It is a trial and error thing for me.

Shelly - Great job on the 10 miles and elliptical trainer! Sorry the 18 miler got changed up...but my goodness.....what you did was still awesome!! Wish you guys would pass some of your running power and endurance my way!!

Yesterday I ending up running 6 miles on the treadmill and doing the standing portion of B&Gs.

This morning, I went to the cemetary again (also went yesterday to put a Christmas arrangement on Mom and Dad's grave). Today I sat with them for a while and then ran all around the cemetary for 6 miles. Then later tonight I did GS BS&B.

I have a question for you guys that has really been on my mind for a while. Is it disrespectful for me to run at the cemetary? It was pretty early morning and just very peaceful. There were several elderly people walking (for exercise). I have always wondered about this, but I have always felt silly and never asked. I would love some opinions, because I would definitely not want to offend anyone at the graveyard.

Hope you guys have a wonderful evening! Talk to ya tomorrow!

Linda

Hi Linda, I agree that walking/running through a cemetary can be very peaceful and do not think it disrespectful at all. I couldn't understand anyone being offended. I think it's refreshing and comforting seeing people enjoying life among our lost loved ones.:) It's touching that you enjoy time with your parents this way and imagine it's a great chance to reflect on their lives.

Take Care
Laurie

Laurie,
WOW!!!! You are gorgeous!!! I love the hair and the color of it. It is beautiful, and the red sweater just makes you one HOT mama. If Glen does not patch things up he is a fool.

Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.