:::: CHEETAHS :::: Sunday, 4.29

seeking_guns

Cathlete
This is Major DOMS to Ground Control!!!

Good morning, cheetahs :) – I am still feelin’ it in my glutes and hams. Yowzas! No more L&B for me. Sorry, Tony, but I’m stickin’ with Cathe for legs through the end of the Phase 3. Today will be a run and the new Budokon for Beginners DVD I picked up the other day. Looks interesting.

Personals from yesterday…

Laura :: it’s nice to see you – I am still at a plateau weightwise, too, but am losing in terms of inches, so the X *is* working and I’m trying to be patient with that…glad things are progressing with the house…June’ll be here before you know it.

Carole :: I agree with you & Shelly that there is no way to be ready for that kind of loss…after our family friend passed this summer (the 36-year-old who had been battling cancer on/off for years), I talked to my cousin Michael about it at Christmas, how he was doing, etc. (they had been best friends since HS) and Michael just said, “He’s better off.” …I think with this disease, that thought winds up being a source of comfort for those left behind. It’s such a horrible, ravaging disease that there is *some* consolation in knowing the person is no longer suffering.

Sunny :: OK, I am a thirty-something but I wish I could have HALF of Shelly’s energy! I’m sure she smoked those kids. :)

I know Wendy's away, but where has Christine been?

Kristi :: hope you're gonna check in and give us your race report!

Gayle :: can ya feel those cheetah vibes in the air? We're rootin' for ya!

Enjoy your Sunday, ladies - BBL!
Cathy :)

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...Christine went to Big Sur for a 10.6 mile walk. Her and her DH were taking Jimmy too so she was not sure she would be doing the walk but her DH was. I think you can go whatever pace you want so technically you can run. I have been checking the Big Sur site for results to see if they both got to do it but it has not been updated yet. I got DOMS like that from PLB a few weeks ago! I do agree that most any cancer is a ravaging disease and for loved ones especially tough to watch.

Sunny....I see you got your avatar working!! Great picture!! And I can join you in the iTrain addiction...:)

Susan...you are in my thoughts and prayers

I am doing about 9 miles hopefully on mostly trails today. Yesterday it got to about 93 degrees! So the weather will be nice for the run...

Have a great day...:)

Good morning ladies,

cathy- lol. i am 37 and don't have the energy shelly does. she puts me to shame:eek: :7 . have fun today!

carole- yea i couldn't sleep this morning so at around 4am i got up and gave picturetrail a whirl:) . now i just need to find out how to make the pic bigger. enjoy your run today.

i feel so good ladies. i haven't really ran in a good amount of time. well today i met with one of my clients and we ran a trail at a local park for 5 miles. she is an aspiring runner and i talked her into doing her first 5k this coming saturday. we are doing the race for the cure. i am so proud of her, she's come a long way and she says she owes it all to me!!! of course she is doing all the work;) :p :)

off to get ready for church. have an awesome day ladies:)

Hi Ladies. I'm back. :)

The surprise party for FIL on friday night was lots of fun. It's too bad we had to leave it so early. The Communion and party y'day was nice but by the time I got back into NJ I was exhausted. Our neighbors just opened up a restaraunt in town and were having a Grand Opening celebration last night so DH and I stopped by there on our way back into town. Basically it was out of the house at 9am and not back home again until after 10pm for me. I slept like a rock!}(

I have yoga on tap for today but I am thinking of doing tomorrow's work out instead (Arms and Abs including the cardio + chin ups). I can put yoga in at nap time after my morning run on tuesday. Things that make ya go Hmmmmmmmm. LOL

Not much else going on...I need to make a phone call right now but I'm hoping to get back here for personals shortly!

I do want to send big hugs and condolenses out to SUSAN before I end this post though. I almost started to cry when I read that post. I know all too well what cancer can do. Many in my family have died because of it. ;(

Okay..BBS!

Cheetahs Check-in

Life is crazy. I have been feeling extremely stressed and overwhelmed with work and personal stuff. My eating has been clean. The 8 pounds of pickle bloat departed, and I dropped 3 more pounds this past week thanks to the Hardcore Series. Since my last update, I did High Step Challenge Thursday morning, Stretch Max Friday morning, and the hi-lo from Cardio Collectibles plus Better Burn Better Buns yesterday morning. I bumbled my way through my Saturday morning workouts. I can follow Cathe’s cuing without seeing her, but these other workouts were more challenging because I am not as familiar with them. (For those who did not read my last update, the picture on my TV turned neon green Wednesday morning.)

In addition to a stressful week at work, I am doing Clutter Max in preparation for my mother’s visit. I have been sifting through clutter all weekend. I started with my collection of pictures. I literally have hundreds and hundreds of pictures. I love pictures even more than workout shoes! I am keeping the ones I love and tossing the rest. I am looking forward to receiving my digital camera.

I had a good session with my counselor Friday night and worked hard all day Saturday on my cleaning project. I will feel so much better when my home is in order. I have piles and piles of pictures everywhere. It looks like a tornado hit, but that is my cleaning style. I spread everything out in the middle of the floor and organize it.

IMAX3 is on my rotation for this morning. I bought a new TV last night, and I am so frustrated because it is not working right. It does not turn on immediately, the picture is not good, and it makes a hissing sound when I turn it off. I think it is possessed! It did not have sound when I first hooked it up. I have sound and color now, so I can deal with it until I have time to exchange it. At least I will not have to watch IMAX3 in green! I may take a break from Clutter Max to go TV shopping this afternoon.

I cleared the pictures out of my workout area. Cathe is waiting for me with IMAX3! I am looking forward to that fun diversion. My check-ins will be sporadic for the next 2 weeks, but I am hoping to check-in at least once or twice a week.

Susan, hugs to you. I am so sorry for the loss of your mother, and I am keeping you in my prayers. I am praying for your husband and girls too while you are in Chicago. It will be good for you to have some time alone to grieve.

Cathy, I thought you were in your 20s! You posted a picture earlier this year, and you do not look like you are in your 30s.

Carole, enjoy your run today.

Sunny, you are beautiful! Your boys are adorable too!

Wendy, have a great day!

Hugs to the rest of the Cheetahs. I do not have time to catch up on personals for the week.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us” (Hebrews 12:1 NIV).

RE: Cheetahs Check-in

Good morning and I hope all the cheetahs are having a fabulous Sunday so far!

GO Kristi!!!! Go Gayle!!!!!
Go get em cheetahgals }( }( }( }( We're all running with you in spirit:7

I went out with DH yesterday afternoon for a beautiful 2 hr motorcycle ride up into the mountains and pine trees. Also got some yard work done so I was more than ready for bed last night!!

Cathy "Major DOMS"? You are too cute! I agree no one beats Cathe for killer leg workouts. Hopefully you can work some of that soreness out in your run today. You'll be interested to know that even I have limits to my energy reserves. By yesterday evening my tank was definitely on empty. I had contemplated trying out my new yoga vid but that was definitely not happening!

Carole- wooohooo a 9 mile trail run today!!! That's our SuperCarole back again:7 :7 :7 Is this part of the race course you are considering doing?

SunnyD- I see you got your avatar situation straightened out again!
I gotta tell you again how totally adorable those little boys of yours are!!! Ah gee.... you made me blush with your post to me yesterday! As I told Cathy I definitely have my limits and I reached it yesterday-- this week will definitely be a light tapering week for me!!! That's awesome about your run today with your client!! It is very satisfying when we reach our own personal goals but I think it's way more exciting when we inspire others to do so :7

Wendy- Yesterday was non-stop for you girl!!! You are tackling one tough workout today also:eek: I think Arms and Abs is by far the hardest of the BBC series, the cardio portion also. Barry is very entertaining though.

Heather- Sorry about your TV woes!!! How frustrating for youx(
IMAX3 is my all time favorite Cathe cardio... the time just flies!
LOL about ClutterMax... that's my cleaning style too! I make tons of piles and the kitties have a ball unfortunately!

Well, time to get it in gear! Today will be HSTA and Mindy Mylrea's
Interval Express. I'll be napping in the aftenoon cuz it's back to work tonight!

Have a good one!

Susan- you continue to be in my thoughts and I pray you are dealing and coping okay:)

ShellyC

Hello cheetahs,
You ladies are so amazing and supportive. Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart for you kind words. I am doing better today, but I think all of this sadness is going to come in waves. I know today I have to get my house in order and the kids all ready for their week. A dear friend of mine is going to take my girls for the 3 days that me and my hubby are gone. I am so glad that Ron is going with me. I keep having all of these flashbacks of me and my mom sitting at the piano for hours and her playing and me singing Barbara Streisand and her and I doing duets. She was always so proud of me and my singing and just truly wanted me to be happy.

Last night I went to the mall to get a dress to wear to the funeral and I saw the salon at JCPenney and I don't know what got into me, but, I walked in there and said I want my hair short and layered. My girls looked at me like I had lost my mine. I now have a new do. It really perked me up and it just felt like a release emotionally too. I know that sounds very strange. I will post it.

As far as workouts go. I did Butts and Gutts leg blaster yesterday and it felt great. I really needed it. Tonight, I will just do some pilates and then take a few rest days. My glute is a little sore today. I honestly think it is stress. I tend to hold all of that in my hips and back.

Again, THANK YOU so much for being so wonderful.

Susan

I'm back!:)

I did Arms and Abs w/chin-ups. I did the non TM cardio portion too (first time) but am embarrassed to say that I quit after round 1!x(
On a positive note though...I did better with my chin-ups as compared to the last time I did this work out! I do a total of 5 rounds of chin ups. Here are the rounds with the # of chin ups done the first time and now this time respectively..I'm very excited! I am progressing slowly but surely...:)

round 1: 3/4
round 2: 1.5/3
round 3: 1.5/2
round 4: 1.5/2
round 5: 1.5/1

The first time I did this I added on assisted chin ups in the last round. This time I did not. I was fried! I upped my weights in all of the bicep work as well as the ab work so I figured leaving the out assisted chin-ups was OKAY. LOL }(

Cathy: So how long did that hangover hang on y'day? }( When you mentioned Tequila I almost lost it right there. I got VERY sick on Tequila ONE time in my life and do not drink it anymore! LOL

Carole: OMG, running in 93 degrees would about KILL me! LOL Ofcourse, 93 degrees here in NJ is usually coupled with humidity which is THE WORST! I believe the air is dryer where you are, isn't it?

SunnyD: How nice that you ran with your client!:) Was it a paid training session or a friendly thing?

Heather: Try to keep cool and calm during stressful times. We'll be here for you if you need to vent! (((HUGS)))

Shelly: Oh the thought of that motorcycle ride you and DH went on is just makin' me drool all over the place! LOL I love it! Congrats on the midnight run! You are da bomb!:)

Susan: More hugs and prayers comin' your way. I am so glad that DH can go with you to the funeral. Your mom sounds like she was an amazing woman! Take care and we'll be here for you when you get back.

Well, I just finished my turkey sammich. Now I need coffee!:9

BBL!:7

I'm back, too. :) Finished a 3-mile run (weather is gorgeous, low 60s, sunny with a light breeze) followed by Budokon for Beginners, which involved 20 minutes of yoga, about 20 minutes of karate-style kicks and punches and a few minutes of meditation. I’m not sure if it’s the same Budokon vid Wendy does. I liked it as a post-run workout.

Susan ::: continued ((((HUGS)))) comin’ your way…I’m glad DH is going with you…I don’t think it’s odd at all that you cut your hair…In fact, I did the same thing when my uncle was killed, and I think it’s a common expression of grief. Possibly because life feels so out of control or you feel so powerless when you lose someone close to you that there is reassurance somehow in that you can at least control your hair. I think on some level it could also be symbolic of saying goodbye to the loved one. Here is a link I recently looked up for a student of mine who lost his father. Thought you might be interested: http://www.griefwatch.com/info/normal_reactions_to_loss.htm

Carole :: oh, that’s right! I forgot about Christine’s walk/run…93 – wow, that’s hot! Hope you had a good run.

Sunny :: it must feel so good to know you are changing lives for the better and inspiring others. It's gotta be a rewarding job!

Wendy :: you were on the run, girl! Hope you get a chance to kick back some today…Great job on the chinup progress!!…well, the hangover wasn’t the *worst* I’ve had – I did manage a lot of physical work in the yard, so it wasn't the kind where you are sidelined on the couch the whole next day. However, I definitely couldn’t stomach bouncing around on a run. LOL The tequila was Cabo Wabo, smoothest there is. I’m with you on running in 93 degree weather – that’s a death sentence in Jersey!

Heather :: congrats on the 3 lb. loss…and thanks for the compliment…that made my day! Hope your TV hunting is successful.

Shelly :: the run felt great…I also used the foam roller yesterday and will do so again after I shower. I'm glad you all enabled me on that one. Enjoy your w/out and your nap.

OK, time to shower & then scare up some lunch.
Cathy :)

PS...Did I mention today is the last day of my last class for grad school??? Yippee!! Now I just need to take (and pass!) the comprehensive exam next month and I'll have my degree!!! :) :) :)

Hello everyone!

Jess - The big 3-0!! You're still young girl! My sis and I did take mom shopping and out to dinner. She really enjoyed herself. She turned the big 8-1!!!

Shelly - So glad you had a nice long run for RFL! My mom is a cancer survivor too. It's great to see all of the people out supporting such a worthy event. I'm picturing you running with the teenagers. LOL!! I know you could handle it. That motorcycle ride sounds heavenly. Glad you enjoyed it.

Cathy - Sorry the hangover kept you from your run but I'm sure you will make up for it. Will have to check that leg blast out. Good job on the run. Congratulations on that degree being so close. Bet you have worked hard.

Laura - Good to see you post. Glad things are moving right along with construction.

Sunny - Love the itrain workouts and so does my dd! So, was that a push mower? That's great that you have a client to compete in a 5K. Good luck to you both.

Carole - How was the trail run today? Temps are rising here too.

Wendy - Glad you had fun at FIL party. Great workout today!

Heather - Congratulations on losing another 3 pounds! Sorry for the stress.

Susan - So glad to hear dh decided to go with you. It will be difficult but it does get easier. My dad suffered through 6 months before his death. He didn't recognize any of us during that time which made it worse. It was totally hard to lose him. It's been 4 years now and I still miss him but I still have my great memories of him. So, you just keep your great memories of your mom close to your heart.

Rest day for me. Need to go figure out what I'm having for dinner today.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone!

Jackie

Sunny...was the picture you used a good size to begin with? You might be able to make it bigger with some sort of photo editor.

Heather..congrats on the 3 lbs. You will love your digital, no more picture clutter!!! Thank you, I had a great run!

Shelly...no, the course I did today was one I have done before. I might have to pass on the run,bike,run as the mountain bike section is way technical and I have not gotten on my bike in a few years, I was not thinking the course would be too tough...or maybe I am just chicken...:)..Have fun with HSTA.

Susan...as far as I feel, there was not a thing strange about cutting your hair! Grief can always be unexplainable so don't worry whatsoever!! I am also glad Ron will be going with you. I know he will be a great support to you right now. I have so many great memories of my Dad. I miss him terribly at times, but the memories can keep me smiling a very long time...:)

Wendy...way to go on the chin-ups!! 93 was just the high yesterday, when we ran this morning it was about 60. We get a bit of humidity but I am sure nothing like you ladies back east!

Cathy...sounds like you got in a good workout. I had a very nice run. Way to go on finishing grad school. I bet you will do great on the exam...:)

Jackie...the run was fun. Enjoy your rest day.

Well, if I had known my sister invited this way fast girl to run with us, I could have changed my mind!!! But I settled in with my other friend and we did 9.45 miles! I was so happy to get in some distance. My hammy was a bit sore but everything feels good now.

Hi Everyone!:)

I went to the mall and then to my mom's this afternoon. Her and I had to exchange b'day presents since we were born only 3 days apart. Her b'day just passed and mine is only a few hours away!:eek: LOL

After that Joey, DH and I went out for dinner for my b'day. I can't go tmrw b/c I have running class and do not want to miss it for a third week in a row. We went to my fave pizza place. I had eggplant parm and ordered my favorite pizza in the world to go. I am going to split it up into "meals" and freeze them for a bunch of treats for myself!:9 }( I usually just order the pie to eat there and end up eating almost the entire thing :eek: so I practiced some damage control this way. I didn't eat nearly as much by ordering a regular meal tonight.

I also got DH to let me open my presents tonight instead of tmrw since we basically "celebrated" today w/dinner anyway. I got a new Coach purse from DH and Joey and Clyde (yes, my dog!LOL) bought me a pair of super cool Coach sneakers. They are both for spring/summer use. The coolest part is that they are the same design so they match!!!:7 :+ :D

My gosh...the weekend is over...where did it go? I've done nothing but run the whole time! LOL If not for sleeping in this morning I would doubt if I slept at all!:p I think I need this week to relax now! LOL ;)

Talk to everyone in the morning!:+

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.