:::CHEETAHS SUNDAY:::

gdixson

Cathlete
I am up and can't sleep. I am going to start walking with my principal tomorrow at 5:30. I reallly don't consider that working out so I will do something else as well. I will just enjoy the time I have left with her. She really is a good person. Have a great day ladies!

Good morning, Gloria, and all who follow-- http://www.infohub.com/forums/images/smilies/bye.gif

Gloria -- I'm up, too. The internal alarm clock went off around the usual time I wake up during the week. I didn't bother trying to fall back to sleep b/c I want to hit the road early today...Oh yes, well, let me clarify my statement. It's the rookies and then those who are really good who get those tough assignments. You're obviously in the latter group! :) And wow, you do have a challenge in front of you with that many kids below grade level. IA, it is too many for one person to handle. At my old school, we had a program for kids in the 6th grade. Though they weren't classified, it was a self-contained program -- small numbers -- with two teachers in the room. It needed two. The program was for the kids who weren't classified but for whatever reason, they were emotionally not quite ready to transition to MS and/or were below grade level. What it did for these kids was amazing. I think schools have to get creative like that when faced with big numbers of kids who have fallen through the cracks...That's nice you'll be spending some time with your principal before she moves. Enjoy your walk & then whatever workout you decide to do later. Hey, isn't it great--you won't have to wake up early tomorrow? :) :) :)

Dallas :: Sorry your Garmin is giving you trouble in the trees. I read some of them will do that. How was the Sox game?...Thanks for the info on the PUB/PLB premix. I didn't even remember there being a bonus premix. It's been ages since I've done that one...Does this help you pinpoint the pain?

http://www.foottrainer.com/images/anatomy4.jpg

Well, I'm scheduled for my long run this morning. Will shoot for 10-11, based upon how it feels when I'm out there.

Have a great one!
[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Morning Girls.

I just flipped past an infocommercial on tv for some new kettlebell training set called "Kettlenetics". The included KB is like 4 or 5 pounds! :7 I hope it is geared at the beginner!!:eek:

So I was up at 5 this morning. UGH! My house-guest dog thought it was time to get up for the day when DH got up for work at 4:30 in the morning. He got my dog goin' as well and they wouldn't leave me alone until I got out of bed. OY! LOL

So I definately have some nice sore kettlebell legs. It got worse since y'day morning!}( Today is technically my rest day but with DH gone to work all day and the fact that I have no plans, I may work out (cardio)just to alleviate some stir-craziness. I can't even take DS to the park cause it's gonna be too darned hot!x(

Gloria: How nice to walk with your principal. Enjoy it.

Cathy: I think you and Gloria need to start a new Check-In just for your shop talk! LOL :p Enjoy your long run. I hope it doesn't get too hot too fast out there for ya.

Off to enjoy the java.
BBIAB!:7

Cathy: Speaking of us yakking...don't you do your weekly Target visits anymore cause that's when we used to yap-before you left for shopping! Don't tell me that YOU are boycotting Target too!? :7

Ok Ladies...Before the day gets away from me and I never end up doing it, I am going to post personals from y'day's thread:

Cathy: My plan for the TM is to add on a short run to my HIIT work outs whenever possible to work on getting my speed back. I've done it twice so far and didn't walk away totally frustrated. Hopefully over time I will get back to normal. I am afraid if I ditch it all together that I'll just be in the same place when I come back to it. I am, however, ditching HIIT on the TM (except for hill intervals since I run slow) until I get my speed back.

Dallas: My garmin gives me a little back talk in the trees as well. LOL It does catch up when I get to a clearing though so I don't worry about it. Who knows if I'll use Strike Zone or not. Too many work outs too little time, ya know? This exercise ADD is a killer too!:p

Kath: Did you enjoy your break from cardio yesterday? What's on tap for today?

Shelly: BBC is tough. I did it for a few weeks recently. Certainly not for whimps!}( I am afraid to ditch the TM completely in favor of the EXT for fear of it getting worse or just losing my endurance for running. As I told Cathy I am going to work on it a little at a time by tacking on a 20 minute run to each HIIT work out. I think it will help w/o being totally frustrating. I am however ditching HIIT on the TM with the exception of hills until I get my problem resolved.

Carole: Hope you enjoyed your Cathe/Amy mish mosh y'day!

Christine: I saw your Awaken the Body order. Thanks for the Cheetahs support. I hope you like it. I really do. :)

Judy: Bless you for being able to put up with that heat for even just 2 hours y'day! YIKES! I'm a total whimp. You would not catch me out there doing yard work in this weather. My hat is off to you.

Jackie: Glad you are done unpacking. That must be a huge weight lifted off your back now. Hope you enjoyed your evening with DBF.

Okay, I'm all caught up...time to refill the coffee cup!:9

Despite all the complaining I have been doing lately, I must say I am quite lucky. I am sitting in my living room with the windows opem listening to all the birds. It is very peaceful. They can be loud!! :)

Okay so I've pretty much decided I am not resting today. I will rest another day this week. The issue now is, I am totally having the hardest time deciding what kind of work out today. I am annointing today a "cheat on Alwyn" day so the field is wide open. I did cardio yesterday and it's what's on tap for tmrw so I can pretty much do any work out I want-all cardio, all weights or a circuit...

I thought about trying Tracey's Strike Zone.
I thought about doing Cathe's 4DS bootcamp cardio.
I thought about doing a Cathe circuit of some sort.
I thought about pulling out one of the vids from my long list of un or barely touched work outs.

The choices are killing me!!! :p

Any suggestions?? :)

Back from my long run/walk. Wow. That had to be one the slowest, toughest runs ever! I put in 10 miles, but it wudn't pretty. *lol* That's OK by me, though, 'cuz a little suffering just makes ya stronger. I must say, though, I tried Accelerade for the first time, and I didn't care for it too much. Perhaps it's an acquired taste.

Wendy :: As far as Target goes, just remember: resistance is futile!

Gloria :: Sounds like a lovely morning with just the sounds of nature. Does wonders for the soul, doesn't it?

Good morning cheetahs

Gloria...My DH has fly-fished but it has not been for years!...I think walking with your principal is a great way to spend some time with her!! I love sitting on my deck and listening to the birds...so peaceful...:)

Cathy...I saw Dexter Season 2 at Amazon for $25.99 but it does not come out until August, if I read it right. Turns out I didn't need the duct tape. It always amazes me when he wakes up from a nap and says "was I snoring?"....WTH??? Maybe there is someone else in the house that was!??! Let us know how your run goes...

Dallas...sorry about the Garmin issues. Hot and humid is not the best running conditions...but you still made the 6 miles...Good job. My hip feels better this morning. I used the roller and iced the area. Glad the tornadoes missed you! Is the pulling in your leg below your knee?

Wendy..hope you enjoy your rest day and that it does not get too HOT...oh, so no rest day???....I vote for an Amy workout....:D...maybe KBX?

Once again when I took Sadie out before bed last night, she chased a skunk that had gotten into our yard, and got sprayed! I wish she would learn...so it was off to the bathtub for her. Luckily a 9 lb dog is relatively easy to wash! She must not have gotten it bad and she smells great this morning. It is still a bit stinky outside though!!

I will be heading out soon for a 8-9 mile run with my friend.

Have a great day..:)

Cathy...hey, with your week, I think you did awesome getting in 10 miles!!!! Who cares if it was not pretty!! Sorry about the Accelerade. But better to find out now. I would try and sample some others.

Cathy...you will laugh, as we use something different for skunk smell. Tomato juice is a farce. I use baking soda and baby shampoo, and then around her face....douche....http://smilies.sofrayt.com/fsc/blab.gif[/img]

>Simul-posting with Carole. :) Thanks for the info on Season
>2. I am going to pick up Season 1 today. *lol* about DH. OH
>NO! Poor Sadie! Glad you didn't have to do the whole tomato
>juice treatment. Enjoy your 8-9 miler.
>
>[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]
>
>http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
>http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif
>
>"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Cathy: Great job gettin' that long run in! You did your best out there in the heat. Don't pick it a part. You did a fine job!:)

Carole: LOL about douche. FUNNY! Did you read about that some where?? Going to have to tell DSIL about baking soda and baby shampoo. Her dog gets sprayed quite often.

>Cathy...hey, with your week, I think you did awesome getting
>in 10 miles!!!! Who cares if it was not pretty!! Sorry about
>the Accelerade. But better to find out now. I would try and
>sample some others.

Hey, I missed this post somehow. Thanks, Carole. Yeah, I have no worries. In my book, the tough runs are good runs, too...But I do look forward to being able to breathe through my nose again somewhat!...Of course, I still drank the stuff. :7 Too bad I bought the giant tub. I should've just bought a sampler.

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Cathy: That sounds like a cool program. I am so proud of you for getting in those 10 miles!! Way to go girl! Yes, I have had a nice morning. I am watching my favorite news program too.

Wendy: Cathy and I have been carried away with the shop talk. Like she said, put two teachers in a room together and you are in for trouble! :) LOL! I am one who would never consider the absurdity of boycotting Target! Luckily, the closest one is an hour away. I vote for a Cathe circuit.

Carole: Yuck re: the skunk!! Ellie has always been good in the bathtub. She is about 40 pounds. Have a great run!

Still need to workout. I took a small nap, but that is the only one I will take today! ;-)

Take care girls!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.