::: CHEETAHS ::: Sun., 10/22

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetahs...

I'm up way early again...the plan is to run pretty much as soon as it gets light and then head over to yoga class.

Wendy, Jennifer, and anyone else racing today: best of luck! Run strong!

Enjoy your Sunday, everyone! BBL
-cathy :)

G'morning Cheetahs! I'm up early w/ you, Cathy! Have a good run for me & yoga class sounds fun!

Adding my good luck to Wendy & Jennifer on your races today! Can't wait to hear the report!

I'm off to do KickMax. I didn't want to get out of my nice warm bed but I did anyway! Then it'll be time for breakfast & church. I'm playing my flute this morning & we're teaching Children's church.

Cathy ~ You asked what we watched last night. We watched The Wild w/ the kids (it's pretty funny) & then after they went to bed we watched Click. It was hilarious- I love Adam Sandler!

Ok, must go exercise..... have a great Sunday!

Hi Ladies.

Cathy, Enjoy your run and the yoga class!

Jess, My brain is now farting so I can't remember what work out you are doing! DOH! LOL Well, enjoy it girl! Have a good day!

Thanks for the good wishes at the race but they won't be needed today. I came down with a cold at EXACTLY the wrong time! Can't run if I can't breathe well, right?...ACK!!!!x( It stinks but there is nothin' I can do. I called my friend last night and let her know. She is still racing and I can't wait to hear how she does!:)

My upper body is very sore again today. By last night it was KILLING me! My lats are on friggin' FIRE!!!}( }( }(

Between the u/b DOMS and the stuffy nose I think I will be shooting for some lower body only work today. Now would be a great time to have Butts and Guts in my hot lil' hands!}( }( }( But alas, it is not so I will probably do either L&G and LL....

I am not positive of what else I am doing today. There are a couple of things we thought of doing after the race but had yet to pin down a concrete plan. I am sure we will be doing SOMETHING today though which is good. I HATE sitting in the house all day long on weekends!

Must go fetch my 2nd cup of java! I finished the entire first cup before even beginning to post! I must have REAAALY needed it!;)

Ciao Bellas!

Good Sunday Morning Cheetahs!:) I worked yesterday and it was nice, I'm off today and it's crummy outx( I was thinking about going for a looong bike ride today but it ain't gonna happen. I'll let the caffeine kick in and go stare at my DVDs and see what jumps out at me.

Cathy, hope you get a good run in and enjoy your yoga. Thanks for your encouraging words about Elizabeth, she'll get on a more even keel with some rest and some pro-active strategies. I really enjoyed my high school years (more for social reasons than academic) but I have to remind myself that it's not the case for everyone. She doesn't seems so wrung out the past few days but her use of the word anxiety raised flags for me. I think we'll head over to Chapters today and poke around to see if we can find some teen-specific books to help her.

Jess, have fun with KickMax. I did the combos the other day which was fun. Too much impact in the blasts for my recovering anklex(

Wendy, too bad about the stuffy nose! Hope you get out of the house today, sounds like you might get some serious cabin fever if you don't! Are you loving your Nano or what???:) I love mine, it's the coolest toy I've gotten in a while!

Jennifer, good luck in your race today!!!! We're all here cheering for you Cheetah:)

Time to workout!

Take Care
Laurie:)

Good morning, Jess & Wendy and everyone else...

Jess :: I haven't heard of either movie. I have been out of the loop on movies for awhile now. Sounds like a good night, though. Have fun w/ KM!

Wendy :: sorry to hear you're the latest cheetah to be down with a cold...that blows! (no pun intended) Hope that & the DOMS disappear quickly.

I just finished up a 6-mile run...I love the quiet of Sunday mornings...it's so peaceful compared to running beside rush-hour traffic! Now I'm off to hit the showers and head off to yoga. I want to blow out my hair today and it takes FOREVER!

Have a great day, cheetahs...will try to stop in again later.
-cathy :)

ETA: Hi to Laurie! Our posts must've crossed. Glad to hear Elizabeth is calming down a little. I had fun in HS, too, but the whole college application, acceptance/rejection, & decision-making process *did* cause stress. Hope she finds something helpful @ the bookstore. Keep us posted. How is your friend Andy, by the way?

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...I am always partial to Cathe too which is why I always seem to compare other instructors to her! Good job on the 6 mile run. Have fun at yoga!!

Jess..have fun with Kickmax.

Wendy...so sorry about the cold. I know the feeling well...enjoy whatever lower body workout you choose.

Laurie...hope a fun DVD jumps back at you...I'm wishing we had the new ones...:)

Susan...wow!! quite the yoga marathon you did!! Thanks so much for sharing your 24 hours. It sounds like you had a great time with Mr YP!! I know other people that don't feel running is the best for your body...I always try my best to prove them wrong!!...:)

Sunny....sounds like the cert for Turbokicks went great! I am sure you are well deserving of those compliments! It does make you feel good though...

I am doing a run here today with my friend and sister. Hoping for about 10 miles.

Have a great day...:)

Workout is done and it was a good one. I did PowerStrike 2 and LG. Got a good lowerbody burn and punched and kicked out some frustrations built up over a very strange week. }(

Cathy, I keep meaning to post about Andy, he came back to work last Monday and looks better than I've ever seen him. He's gaining weight and his colour is pink and healthy looking. He's very mellow and interested in what's been going on with everyone, not as stressed and intense as he was before his cancer surgery. I can tell you it's very nice to have some testosterone back in the spa.

Carole, enjoy your miles today, hopefully I'll be lacing up and running in the next 3 weeks, don't want to lose my Cheetah designation!!;-) :D

Have a great Sunday all!

Take Care
Laurie:)

Good morning and happy Sunday to all you wonderful cheetahs! I had a fairly good run yesterday. Made it 9 miles without any major incident so I'm encouraged, but I still have to take it fairly slow....for me:p

Cathy- At it early again I see...you are amazing! Good job on the 6
mile run today and have fun with the yoga.

Christine- Well, as much as I'd love to leave you with the impression that I am training for an ironman, the truth is at the moment my aspirations are "only" an olympic triathlon. Swim 1.5k,
bike 40k, run 10k. If I can achieve this and survive, then I'll evaluate further goals. Glad you survived your mammogram! I've always thought that it had to be a man who invented that machine!
Alot of my fellow female RNs believe their should be a similar machine to check for testicular cancer ;-)

Carole- thanks for your help with my computer issues. Your browser sounds interesting. We've always just used IE. I'll have to run this one by DH. Have a great 10 mile run today with your sister and friend.

Susan- Loved your tale of your yoga extravaganza with Mr. YP! I had no idea he had short hair now! I'll have to go to his website to check it out.

Jess- I'm happily married to a Mr. Fixit myself and have developed excellent flashlight holding skills as well!! LOL :p BTW, did you order any of the new workouts?

SunnyD- your turbokick class sounded great....good job!

Wendy- Sorry you came down with a bug and had to cancel your racex(
Oh well, there will be plenty of others in your future!

Laurie- I had to laugh at your description about choosing a workout.
I often do the "stare at the collection" routine. We probably all do that!

Today I'll go for BodyMax. I figure it will get me in the right frame of mind for bodymaxII later next week....can't wait!!!!
Hi to all the cheetahs who follow!

ShellyC

Good morning cheetah chicks!

I am still on a high from my yoga adventure with Bryan. I almost ran out the door and took his 3 hour class this morning as well, but the sciatica is bugging me a little this morning. I am so sick of this dang problem. It hurts in the foot today. I guess the sciatica runs all the way from the back to the bottom of the foot.
Anyway, I am going to do Circuit Max, which I love!

Cathy, great workout! Have fun at your yoga class. Is this power yoga or hatha?

Jess, enjoy your kick max. My sister played the flute professionally for years. We have a very musical family. I sang jazz in nightclubs for years and sang at wedding for 10 years. My mom is a piano teacher still and my dad teaches guitar lessons. I still sing about an hour a day with my baby grand. I love music and am encouraging my girls to go that way too. Have a great day!

Wendy, Sorry about your cold. Good for you for listeneing to your body, but still doing something a little less active. Even though I think I would rather run than do LL. That workout KILLS me!

Laurie, I wonder what you will choose. I have to know in advance what I am going to do or I will go nuts. I say you should do KPC/LG premix. How often do you teach yoga and what kind?

Carole, have fun with your 10 miles. Did you go right to a physical therapist for you sciatica or did you go get an xray first? Or, do I go to a chiropractor? I hate trying to figure out this stuff. I am very stubborn when it comes to the doctor visits. So, I notice that you are using the elliptical a lot lately replacing some of the running. Is that because of the impact of running or just to shake it up? I have been kind of thinking about what Bry said about beating up our bodies so much. Anyway, did not mean to go on and on. Have a great day!

Laurie, I just say you already worked out. Awesome workout!

Shelly, Bryan has a short hair for about 5 years now, maybe longer. He actually looks better, I think. He looks older though. He is so motivating the way he talks just about life and how we should approach things a little more calmer and he talked a lot about gratitude and how we could live our lives appreciating ourselves more and others and not judging so much. He is so WONDERFUL!!!!! Okay, I will stop now. Have fun with Body max!

Hello all!
Been a busy weekend. Took my six yr old DS to buy new clothes for winter. I swear he grows a foot every season. Took the day off yesterday but I did walk around the mall.
Cathy hope your workout was good as I am sure you are done by now!
Jess, enjoy kick max I don't have that one! I was thinking about renting Click.
Wendy, I don't know what I am going to do today either. Think I might run on the TM tho
Laurie Hope you have a good work out whatever you decide to do!
Mckmain, Good luck on the run today. I am hoping that soon I can get back to longer runs. Before my PF, I was up to nine miles.
Shelly, have fun with BodyMax!
Singing G , Glad you had a good time with the yoga. I miss yoga. I always did Inhale with Steve Ross on Oxygen and then they took it off the air a few weeks ago. I guess I will have to go buy a DVD but I am not sure who to buy. I like the hard stuff.!
I think I covered everyone if not Sorry and HI. Have a good Sunday all!
LD

Laurie...great news about Andy!! Sounds like you got in a good workout. Don't worry Laurie....you will always be a cheetah!

Shelly...I'm so happy about your run! Glad it went well. I started using Firefox a few years ago, it is also way more secure than IE....check it out with your DH..

Susan...I would think that high could last a very long time!!! I was already going to a Chiro when I had sciatica trouble , but I had to see a PT to get the diagnosis...and between the both of them they helped alot. I know I might get flamed here, but in this case I think a regular doctor is a complete waste of time...:)...I am using the Elliptical because mainly I LOVE it!! But , I did want to see if it would help a bit with my running too. Not sure yet...

Runnergirl...thanks, I did have a good run. I do hope your PF gets better quickly...I know how tough it is to be injured.

I did 10 miles and we had a nice run. Went on some private property and did a couple of miles around a small lake. It was really beautiful. Now...some Football!!

Carole,
Thanks for your response. I also agree that with sports type injuries I don't think a regular doctor would help.

Well, I did a different workout than I said I was goint to do. I did all of step blast including the blasts and all of ME. It was a great workout! I only did step on 6 inches today though due to some sciatica pain.

Runner girl, Have a great workout and I hope your Pf is okay today.

Susan

Hey Cheetahs. Don't have much time. Have to feed the lil' one.

I'm having a bad day. Had a fight with DH this morning and I haven't worked out yet. Now I don't know if it will happen at all PLUS I ate 2 donuts today and some icecream and cheesenips y'day!:eek: I am about disgusted w/myself right now! ACK!x(

Thanks for letting me vent! Hopefully I will come back later and be in better spirits!

Hope everyone else is having a great day!:)

Susan....I do agree with you about sports injuries. I have not seen a Doctor yet with any of my sports injuries! Hey, great workout!!

Wendy...I am really sorry about the fight with DH. I know how that feels and it can throw you for a loop. For me, I might skip the donuts but load up on the chips!!! And maybe a few Michelob Ultra's! Sending (((((HUGS))))) your way....

Good Evening Ladies!

I hope everyone had a productive weekend. Sometimes I think I am busier on the weekends than I am on the weekdays! :p

I got in my 90 minute walk/run this morning. It was a bit chilly here, but I am acclimating to the cold temperatures well.

I have noticed that since I began ABB, my heart rate is getting lower at the same exercise intensity. Yay! :7 I am so happy that ABB seems to be working for me. It was such a hard decision for me to commit to a 12 week period without going anerobic. I really miss high intensity workouts, but I will have even better workouts after this base building period.

Susan- I am so jealous that you got to spend the weekend with BK. I wish he would come to the Boston area!

I will talk to you ladies tomorrow. Everyone have a good night and sleep well.

Hello Cheetahs,

Where did today go? I've been working all day for stuff at work and home! Gosh, the days really are getting shorter as well as my timex(.

Wendy...sorry to hear about your bad day. Don't be disgusted, you've done very well and have made such great progress in the past year. In terms of the food, you're in good company... I went to the movies last night saw The Departed (great movie btw) and can't even count how many handfuls of popcorn I had... oh well ;)--today's a brand new day!

As far as my workout, I did PLB premix (down), that's a great one--boy that legs & glutes section is just downright painful;-), then I did MIC floor cardio (need I say more?), plus a quick 2.5 mile run on my TM.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday ladies,

Katrina:)

Dark phoenix,
I just noticed that in January Bryan will be in Boston on January 25th at the Sports club. It will be a power yoga class. You should go, it is so worth it.

Susan

Wow! Busy day all! Just a quick note to say I did not work out - actually trying to switch my rest day to Sunday because of time limitations... I did go grocery shopping, get my nails done, and watched the Patriots cream the Bills. Now I'm cooking for the week and getting ready for the world series!

Had to say - GO JENNIFER GO! Let us know how it went!

I was going to cheer Wendy on, but I see she's not running and is having a horrible day. {{{HUGS}}} It always seems to go hand-in-hand, doesn't it? You feel bad, and your day is bad. Hope all gets better soon!!

Waves hello to everyone!!

Hi Ladies.

I'm not goin' for the personals tonight...I'll do that in the morning. Just wanted to check in before bed to let you know that it took ALL DAY LONG but my day finally improved and all is well here again. Thank goodness! PHEW!

I still have the dang cold but I can deal with that.

I never got to work out which ticks me off but I'll live. I just wish I hadn't made it worse with those darned donuts!:p

Thanks for the hugs and stuff!

See you in the morning!:)

Wendy,
tomorrow is a new day and it will be a great one!!! I know how frustrating it is when you want to do a workout and you ate some treats. But, you always do great workouts and your body will thank you in the morning for not working out by feeling better. Have a great night and maybe a big cup of green tea...ahhh

Nighty night:)

susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.