::: CHEETAHS ::: the summer wind came blowin’ in – 7.2

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetahs! :) Another day of beautiful, breezy weather here! I love it.

Today's workout will be one of the new kundalini yoga workouts. Should be interesting.

Jackie :: what a nice touch, the groom singing to the bride as she walked down the aisle. I’m not a big wedding person, but that gave me chills. No big plans for the 4th. It is the anniversary of my uncle’s death – it’s been 12 years and I have long been at peace with it – but I dunno, ever since then, I just keep it lowkey.

Amy :: sounds like you got in a good workout doing all that cleaning. Have a great run today.

Jess :: woo-hoo! You're almost done! The X does really get you in top pushup form, doesn't it? Although there were some I still couldn't do at the end. (After I fell flat on my face doing the one-armed pushups, I gave it up.) *lol*

Have a great day, everyone!
Cathy :)

"I always loved running...You could go in any direction, fast or slow as you wanted, fighting the wind if you felt like it, seeking out new sights just on the strength of your feet and the courage of your lungs."
-Jesse Owens

Good morning, Cathy. I have to agree that this weather is absolutely gorgeous!!!!

I have to apologize for not being a very good poster here. I've been posting every day, but no personals. Rest assured that I DO read all the posts....just that time doesn't allow for somethings!

DS's baseball team lost their game yesterday, and we're playing again tonight at 7pm. That means a late night for us, since it's about a 90 minute drive! Younger DS made yesterday's trip without any problems, I gave him some motion sickness meds before we left and he watched a movie on the way down. But tonight I'm letting him stay with a friend so he doesn't have to get drug there again tonight.

The 4th....plans? My dad's BDay (I think his 66th???) is on the 3rd, so we're cooking out and hanging with friends/neighbors at my hosue on the 4th. Nice and relaxing.

This morning's workout was BBC Arms & Abs. When the kids get off to Rec, I'll be going for a run to enjoy this weather. This is week 3 that I've been doing BBC and I have to say that I'm really enjoying it. I'm planning on doing it for 4 weeks, then moving onto something else. But I think with loving BBC so much, I'm really going to enjoy Cathe's new 4 Day Split too! Looking forward to that.

Road Trip question....remind me which Cheetahs are going again!

OK.....a post all about me and still no personals. Sorry! lol

Gayle

p.s. And.....I have officially removed the engagment ring from my finger. Feels weird...very weird to not be wearing it anymore. One day at a time!

Good Morning cheetahs,

cathy- enjoy your yoga workout. thanks for commiserating with me yesterday. today is a new day and i am to be completely positive!

gayle- i am starting a BBC rotation today. so i will be joining you with the BBC's:) . sorry about your situation however you will get through this and be a better person for it:)

today's workout was BBC chest and abs plus non TM cardio portion. (carole- you are right, he is so chatty. i never paid attention to it before) and than a spin class at the Y.

have a great day to all of my cheetah pals:)

btw- never got around to doing yoga yesterday:(

G'morning Cheetahs! It's PlyoX for me this morning. Last time this round! I have some good DOMS goin' on in my upper body- woohoo!

We had Greg's brother, his best friend Jon (he joined the Army & home on leave) & his gf Amy over last night after church. The kids just LOVE them, and we all had a great time. Cake & ice cream for Allison's bday again (none for me!) and then we jumped on the trampoline & played outside. Amy borrowed Muscle Max from me & she wants to order CoreMax. She did it w/ me last time she was here a few mos ago and really enjoyed it. Kinda nice to have a 19 yr old asking my opinion on workouts!! Hehehe

It's TTOM for me AGAIN. Yes, this time I only had a 2 week break. UGH!!! And it's a bad one too, I hate that!

As for plans for the 4th, we're having company tomorrow for Allison's bday party. No real plans on the actual 4th other than going to the local park to watch fireworks. Probably grill out & eat watermelon, isn't that like American tradition? LOL

Cathy ~ Enjoy your beautiful day! It's gorgeous here too! I'm sure we'll be outside a lot! Sorry about your uncle's death, it always makes it hard when it's on or near a holiday. Yes, the X is great for pushup form. No, I can NOT do a full one armed pushup yet, those are about the only ones I still do on my knees. It's my goal to do one some day though! ;-) Enjoy your new workout!

Gayle ~ No worries on the personals. I don't always have time to do them either but I'm always readin' up on what's happenin' w/ my Cheetahs! I'm sure it does feel weird to have the ring gone. When will you give it back to him? Good luck & some (((HUGS)))

Sunny ~ Enjoy BBC! I've heard so many great things about it here! And Good luck w/ the MIL!

Have a great day, everyone!

OK, I'm sure you're sick of it by now but I did add a few pics from after church y'day w/ my girlies.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=16840032&uid=8948436

Good morning Cheetahs!

And what a lovely sunny and cool morning it is in Boston! Great for a 4 mile run!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay! I did my first 4 mile run!

I went to the local track at 6AM. I walked 1 time around for a warm up, then did some light stretching. Then I ran 8 times around. I then walked 1 time. Then I ran 8 more times, and then walked 2 times to cool down and then stretch. I drank Propel lemon flavored fitness water along the way and loved it!

I feel great and I am so proud of myself here! :)
Thanks for all your motivation Cheetah's!

I am now drinking Trader Joe's Whey Protein - chocolate powder - in skim milk and love it. Just got it yesterday. I love that place!

Jess - I love your family pics. They are so beautiful. You are truely blessed with a nice family!

Gayle - Glad the ring is off. It must have been so hard, but I think it was also mutual in a lot of ways. Good for you, and I am sorry for any hurt you may have.

Cathy - I am sorry about the passing of your uncle. Prayers to you.

Alright ladies, I am off to start my busy day. I work the summer program with kids all afternoon. It is fun, I get to teach them Yoga!

Have a wonderful day. I am going to try and run 4 miles again tomorrow, and then take Wed and Thurs and possibly Fri off from running. I want to strengthen, but not burn out.

Take care!

-Amy

"Life is short - Be the best you can be every day of your life!" :)
Running feels great for my soul! :)

RE: ::: CHEETAHS ::: the summer wind came blowin’ in – ...

Good morning cheetahs! Ready to start a new week? It's my friday
now, I have a 3 night stretch off coming up soon. I had a great tempo run when I got home yesterday. Ended up doing 4 miles in 32 minutes. Normally I sleep about 5 hrs when I have to sleep all day but yesterday I went for 7:7 so I never did get any weight work in.... ah well, it'll be today then:) Plans for the 4th? I'll be running a 10k (what a shock!) I'm not aware of any friends or family having a party so DH and I will do our own thing.

Cathy- Kundalini yoga?????? I bought some Baron Baptiste yoga vids on vacation at a swap meet, for $1.00 each so I couldn't resist, I did preview them a bit and he definitely does a yoga that's more my style, faster moving and more athletic that is.

Gayle- Carole, me and Susan are attending the RT officially. Cathy and Wendy will be there too, unofficially, to meet with us all and party!!!! :7 :7 :7 Carole and I are arriving on Thursday, the 9th.
Not sure about Susan, we haven't heard from her at all in a while.
Don't worry about not having time for personals. We all appreciate that you do what you can and let us know what's going on with ya!I for one always enjoy reading your posts.

Jess- You surprise me.... I though for sure you'd have mastered the one armed push up! That's a move that has defeated me (for now),
that and levitation holds x( Thanks for sharing the pics of your adorable baby cheetahs (DDs) WE absolutely NEVER get sick of looking at them!

Laurie- it's a little late but Happy Canada Day to our lovely Canadian cheetah!!!! Your new bike sounds awesome:) Going for another ride today?

Carole- Looks like your back in the groove with your long trail runs again:7 Any problems with the hip lately?

SunnyD- Wow, on top of everything else you'll be starting a running group also? How often will you meet and how long will the runs be? I think you deserve a medal myself for putting up with your MIL for so long..... you're a better woman than I!!! You're going to have such fun with the BBCs!

Wendy- 6 miles yesterday :eek: :eek: :eek: I'm willing to wager that by fall you'll be eyeing the half marathons!!! Great job:7

Jackie- Glad to hear you're giving yourself a nice relaxing 4th of July! Thank you again for sharing your pics, you look in fantastic shape!!!!

Amy- Congratulations on your 4 miler! You are progressing fast!!!!
I'm amazed you had the energy after your massive cleaning project yesterday for your packrat gramma!

After my nap today I'll be indulging in my favorite (currently) Cathe dvd- Drillmax :7 :7 Later on it'll be an iTread. I'd like to do one that emphasizes hillwork..... Wendy, Sunny.... or anybody....
which ones would you recommend for this?

Later y'all

ShellyC

Thank you Shelly!

I just bought Drill Max and have yet to try it out. I heard so many good things, I just had to add it to my growing Cathe collection!

-Amy

"Life is short - Be the best you can be every day of your life!" :)
Running feels great for my soul! :)

Me again.

Shelly-what are your room arrangements???? And...I'm coming in on that Thursday as well! ANOTHER DAY with my CHEETAHS! I'm rooming with one person already, but we're looking to add 2 people to our room to make it cheaper!

OFF for my run in 30 minutes...will report back after that!

Gayle

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...Good job with ME yesterday. You are so sweet re: my MIL. I think the problem was she wanted him to marry someone else and then the fact we don't have kids always get some jabs on occasion and I have no patience for any of that!...:).our weather should be around 100 today! My DH & I might go out fishing early on the 4th. Other than that, no real plans. It is so crowded watching the fireworks that we usually pass...

Gayle...sounds like a nice 4th planned. As for the RT Shelly, Susan and I are sharing a room.

Jess...way to go getting thru P90X. I bet it feels good to do those workouts for the last time! Of course until you do another rotation!

Amy...good job on 4 miles!

Shelly...sounds like a fun 4th running a 10K. No real bad hip problems, I just feel it off and on. yesterday in the beginning of the run my right ham was sore, so I really payed attention to avoid falling and tripping, it was a nice easy run. Enjoy Drillmax today!

Wendy..I don't know what the hip problem could have been for the last mile. How old are your running shoes?

Laurie...for me it can be tough to get used to my bike seat every time I start riding again! Sounds like you got in a nice ride.

Sunny...I would feel like you with someone taking advantage of my kindness. I do hope you and your MIL can still be on good terms when she moves. Glad you made it thru chatty Rich's workout! The exercises are good...:)

Jackie...the trail run went well. I really concentrated on not tripping or falling as this course is very rocky. So it was slow but I did about 9.8 miles. We might go out fishing early on the 4th. I normally hate being on our lakes during Holidays as it can get crazy!

So I made about 9.8 miles on the trail yesterday. No falls or trips!!! Then came home and got some sun. Then painted. The ceiling is done except for the trim that I do with a brush.

Today is 40 min on the EXT and P90X S&A, and abs.

Have a great day...:)

Back from my run. 1 hour later. Felt AWESOME! This weather is absolutely PERFECT for running! I ran my newest usual route and I must have been going faster because I had to add onto the end to come in at an hour! WOO HOO! Feeling great...then I stretched in the garage while reading the newspaper. lol RUNNER'S HIIIIIIIIIIGH! lol

Shower time!

Gayle

Hello again, cheetahs! :)

I started my cleaning project this morning by beginning to tear through old teaching files, books, etc. I am generally bad about throwing things away or filing them promptly, so I am sitting here surrounded by several piles that I now don't want to deal with. *lol* To take a mental break from it, I opted to do my yoga workout...

So today, I gave Ultimate Stretch yoga a test run… and discovered that kundalini yoga is not for me. I am generally open-minded (when I can control myself from giggling at the gongs -- those who have been here awhile may remember my lack of self-control in yoga class) but this was a bit much. I lasted for 40 of the 60 minute workout. I was hoping for an athletic stretch, but pounding my diaphragm, touching my toes, and then tapping my breastbone just felt silly. Next time, I better do my research, eh? *lol* Oh well, live and learn.

Shelly :: yeah, kundalini - what was I thinking??...I was (and still am) looking for a non-power yoga DVD that would give a good stretch as I want to work more on my flexibility…Had heard of kundalini but just by name – then I stumbled across these on Amazon and was swayed by the overwhelmingly positive reviews, which hadn't given me the impression that the w/outs would be so "out there." Now I know. *lol* I guess I am a simple, good ol' hatha yoga girl.

Sunny :: hey, I’m with ya – thinking positive with a little venting now & then seems healthy...Enjoy today’s workout.

Jess :: yikes, TTOM again…I have not had mine in five months thanks to the BC I’m on…I used to laugh when I would attempt the one-armed pushups – always thought of Demi Moore as G.I. Jane and wondered how in hell she did that. Tough stuff!...Cute pics. Looks like your eldest DD likes to give the big cheesemeister grin for the camera. :) Adorable.

Carole :: whoa! 100 degrees – stay cool…great job on y’day’s trail run with no spills. I made a hot stone massage appt. for Thursday and scheduled my first visit to the chiro for Friday. I was happy to find out that my insurance does cover unlimited visits (with a $5 copay) and no need for referral. Yesterday, out of nowhere, I had some sciatic trouble, but after a few hours, it went away again. I'm wondering if it is at all related to the fender bender, but I'm glad I will find out soon!

OK, ladies - I am going to head outside and read for a bit and then come back in to resume what I started w/ the cleaning. This will be an ongoing project this summer.

I just have to add that I think I inadvertently gave the wrong impression with my comments about my uncle’s death…It has been 12 years since he was killed and I have been at peace with it for many years, so it’s not a day of sadness anymore. The first couple of years I didn’t want to celebrate, but there have also been four or five summers where I just happened to be overseas during the Fourth of July holiday, so there simply *were* no festivities. It’s just sort of evolved into a lowkey day that I usually spend quietly with family. But I don’t mourn the loss anymore; I smile in gratitude for the memories and for the fact that he was part of my life. :)

Have a great day! I will be poppin' in and out. Just catching the news in the background...this is ridiculous what's going on in the U.K...now there's been an incident at a hospital??

~Cathy

Good Afternoon! Odd for me to first show up this late in the day, I know!:p

I am *FINALLY* about ready to begin my work out...I've been dealing with "I don't wanna" feelings up until now but I think I have convinced myself to JUST DO IT already!

I will be doing PUB + pyramid abs though I will do the abs FIRST as I am no fool!;)

I will get to all of the personals later though I did quickly read through MOST of the posts already.

While I am thinking of it though...

Carole: My running sneaks will be hitting the year old mark any day now. I suppose I need new ones, huh? Could very well be the culprit I guess! It's been ages since I ran even 5+ miles and even longer since I ran outdoors regularly which I am sure didn't help! Thanks for the reminder!

Alrighty...I'm off...BBL!:+

Good afternoon everyone! Busy here at work. Will try to get a post in quickly.

Amy - Sounds like a chore cleaning your grandmother's house. Glad you got it done. Congratulations on the 4 miles!!

Cathy - Glad you're at peace with your Uncle's death. Lowkey for the 4th sounds good to me. Never could get into that kundalini yoga. Did you enjoy your reading outside in the breeze? Sounds so good.

Gayle - Sounds like nice plans for the 4th. Glad you're enjoying BBC. Glad you enjoyed your run.

Sunny - Nice workout today! Have you checked out the iTrains for July?

Jess - You're winding down with P90X. Great job! How is Greg coming along. Grilling and watermelon sounds like my kind of day as long as someone else is doing the grilling.:) Always great pics! Love the cake!

Shelly - Great tempo run! You kick butt, don't you? Good luck with your 10K on the 4th. Hope it's not too hot. I think most of the 60 minute iTreads have hill work in it.

Carole - Great job on that trail run. I need to find a trail to run on sometimes but have no idea where that would be. Glad the painting is coming along. Enjoy your workout.

I did S&H Legs and Shoulders and ARX this morning.

Hope you're enjoying your day.

Jackie

jackie- thanks! are you kidding me:D , i've been checking since sunday. as of yet they have not posted new ones:( . i am like a itrain fiend...lol. great workout today.

carole-what is up with these crazy mil's???:D actually i shouldn't speak because one day i will be one (no make that two) and their wives will be talking about me...,lol.

shelly- lol, noone is a better woman than you.;) this is my second go around with the BBC's. hopefully i can stick with them for this entire month.

What a gorgeous day!! The girls & I had fun playing this morning. They had their own *zoo* on the trampoline w/ their stuffed animals & then we ate a picnic lunch on the trampoline. They loved it! Allison & I made her Funfetti cookies w/ sprinkles. She was thrilled! Then she got invited to go have a playdate at a friend from her preschool's house, so we dropped her off for a couple hrs. Hannah & Kiersten are actually playing *nicely* together! Wow, it's amazing! ;-)

I ended up doing the first 50 min of PlyoX, then did Cathe's Kickmax blasts. I love doing it that way! :) I was sweaty for sure!

Now I feel like I should do something else.... }( First I have to go wrap Allison's bday presents!

Have a great afternoon/ evening!

I'm back for a quickie before I have to head for the shower...

So I made attempts at upping my weights during my work out today. Some attempts were successful and some were not. LOL

On chest and back I was able to up the weights.I tried to go up on shoulders as well but it was just too heavy for me. I kept tri's the same as before and tried to up biceps by only heavying up the hammer curl weight. I was okay on the way up but "crashed" on the way down and had to lower all of my weights below what I did the last time I did the work out. I guess I'm not ready to move on yet so I'll leave them as is as well. Oh well...if I didn't try, I'd never know!:) I am burnin' and my arms are still shakin' as I type this...GOOD SIGN!}(

The ab work killed me ofcourse but I did it first so atleast it wasn't as pathetic as it COULD have been!:p

Gotta go for now but I'll be back to catch up later...PROMISE!

Hello Cheetah Babes! I’m slowly catching up with everyone. You are one busy bunch of ladies! Did someone mention beginning P90X in August? I’ve been putting it off for a long time now and would love to do this with others. Do you have a day picked yet?

Gayle - I’m glad you loved CCPP. Cardio Coach is so much fun. I still haven’t tried the new itreads I bought a couple weeks ago. For some reason I haven't found the time yet. Sorry about DS’s car sickness. That must be awful for him. I wish I were going on the Road Trip. The last road trip I promised myself I would go on the next one because at the time I was 8 months pregnant with DD. Now I’m missing out again. However, I don’t so much miss not seeing Cathe as I do not meeting up with my fellow cheetahs.

Sunny – CONGRATS on your race!!!!!!!!!! You did awesome! Congrats on going to teach a running group. I wish I lived near you so I could take it.

Cathy – Sorry you didn’t like Ultimate Stretch. I hope you can enjoy your 4th a little. Sorry about your uncle’s death. I don’t envy your cleaning project. I need to do one of my own soon to my exercise/DH’s hobby room. It is a disaster. We are thinking about working on that tomorrow night and on the 4th, but who knows if it will get done since the kiddos will be running around.

Jess – I can’t believe you are almost done with P90X. It seems like you just started. BTW, I love Kohl’s too. I have one 1/2 mile from my house. Have you checked out JC Penneys? They are having a huge sale. For $30 I bought DD 5 tops and 4 bottoms. I also bought more things as well – 1 shirt for DH, 4 shirts for DS for school, and some lingerie for me, or maybe I should say for DH. :)

Amy – Congrats on your first of many 4 mile runs! BTW, welcome to cheetah check-in. I haven’t been around much lately, so I’m sure I haven’t had a chance to welcome you yet.

Carole – Fishing on the 4th sounds like a lot of fun. :)

Shelly – Great job running 4 miles in 32 minutes! I can only dream of running that one day. Good luck on your 10K on the 4th.

Oh, workout wise, I ran 3 miles on the treadmill today! I’m slowly increasing my mileage once again. I’ve been slacking big time and now my clothes are not fitting right. I’m hoping in the next few months to work back up to running 5 miles for my short runs and 8 for my long. My guess is it shouldn’t take long since it has only been a little over 2 months since my HM.

No big 4th plans. It is awful that it is on a Wednesday this year. We will probably watch the fireworks from our house as usual. All of the big neighborhoods around us always put on a big display.

Well, I need to do some work. This afternoon I’m not being very productive.

TTYL!

Hey Ladies:) A tired but happy Cheetah checking in:) Had a really fun Canada Day, I have to admit that I'm a really good cook:7 We had a great dinner then down to historic Fort Henry for a concert and fireworks. Fun to enjoy a few drinks, dance and celebrate with family and friends. I didn't sleep enough but got out for a long walk with my friend then ran just short of 5 miles by myself. I rarely run later in the day but it was okay. I need to mega hydrate and get a good sleep tonight!

Cathy, too true about the kundalini yoga, some of it's waaay out there. I used to throw a bit of it into some of my classes but just as part of warming up.

Wendy, it's sooo hard to increase weights for shoulders. I'd love to get more definition in my delts. Good job on pushing yourself!

Carole, nice job on staying vertical:) Wow, you have done a lot of painting these past weeks!!

I'd like to do more personals but the shower is calling to me:)

Take Care
Laurie

The tattoo is complete and I am still alive to talk about it!;)

I am beat so I'm heading off to bed. Sorry I never caught up on the personals but you know I'm good for it tomorrow!:D

Hope everyone had a great evening!

Toodles!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.