CHEETAHS SATURDAY...run, kristi, run!!!

lederr

Cathlete
up early on a saturday for NO GOOD REASON! will try to relax and maybe fall back asleep in a bit.

i wanted to wish kristi good luck on her race today! kristi, check in when you can!

back for some personals...

first of all...HAPPY BIRTHDAY, POSH! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/13/13_10_9.gif

wendy-YES! come meet me and we can show up these cutie-pies. even though i talked to them about training and used allthe right words (even some they didn't know like periodization, etc.) i still get the feeling that they think i am going to be bench pressing with 5lb db's! still, i might be a little distracted by their cuteness!

sunny-thanks for my unsuckiness!

carole-maybe we can add in an extra bench press set when cathe is doing one of the hundred sets of push ups. to be honest, i don't really get the whole clock push up thing. i mean, i get it in theory, but i can never do it correctly.

dallas-glad you were feeling better by the afternoon. i hope everyone stays well.

for my workout, i am debating a steady state run on the TM (i have a dvd that must go back today...across the universe...but i'm not sure yet. i also want to tackle bis, tris, and shoulders. i'm sure i'll be back to report on what i decided on.

Good morning Cheetahville!

Lorie, I'll duke it out with ya for title of MIA/slacker Cheetah :p...put em up! Sorry for my absenteeism ladies. The past couple of days have NOT been good on *soooooo* many levels and I'm struggling to get kicked back into the right gear x( ;(. There will be NO workouts (other than a little core or UB) in the immediate future as I've had a flare up of an issue I've gotten in the past in my left foot...no, it's not "PF", I think it's some kind of tendonitis that rears its ugly head when I have to walk through the snow too much. I've had it happen off and on over the past few years. It actually hurts far worse than the PF ever did ;(.

Lorie - I LOVED "Across the Universe"!!!!! However, here's my caveat....it's not going to be what you expect. If you liked "Moulin Rouge" you should like ATU. Don't take it at face value because it's a little out there in places (the acid trip sequence is VERY over the top and a bit too long) but, instead, try to enjoy the message and emotion that it tries to convey. Does that make any sense?

Kristi - {{{CHEETAH POWER}}}}} heading your way!!! You're gonna rock today, babe!

I think I have a little more time for personals so I'll be back in a minute with those...

Posh - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I *know* you'll be celebrating in style today! What have you got planned? I can't believe the mechanic actually apologized in person, especially since, in this day and age, he just opened himself up to the possibility of a HUGE lawsuit. I'm glad the drama is just about over for you...not what you needed. How is it going on the work front?

Carole - Great workout yesterday! ITA about David on AI...he's the only one I watch this year. I have to admit that I'm pretty over AI this time around with that exception.

Christine - I'm so sorry that MIL is not doing well...{{{HUGS}}}. I'm glad to hear that you're none the worse for wear after your spill, though. You know, you're like a walking infommercial for those darned KBs :p!

Wendy - Are you on some kind of 12 step program for Target or something?!?! Although, I had to laugh that you went there and forgot about the sports bras...hehehe. Have fun with your iTread backlog!

Jackie - Great workout yesterday! Nice to hear you're seeing results! Have fun granite and light hunting today.

Dallas - Great pic!!! How is DD feeling today? Nice score on the EXT! Haha on giving the bedroom to the EXT...priorities, right?

Shelly - So sorry that you're still not 100%...please do take care of yourself!!! {{{HUGS}}} Also, sorry that the property wasn't quite what you were looking for...I know you'll find something that you love.

Sunny - How was Wii night?

Waves Hi to all the Cheetahs who might be dropping by today.

I need to get cracking on the shoveling (got another small 4" dump last night) and get my arse to work. I soooooooooooooooooo would rather be anywhere else but there these days. Have a great day everyone!

Happy Saturday Cheetahs!!

Posh- Happy, Happy Birthday!!!:7

kristi- can't wait to hear about your race today. i just know you are out there having a blast:7 you were so right about wii. it's alot of fun!

wendi-ugh, sorry to hear about your foot. ((((vibes))) for a speedy recovery.

lorie- i lmao at your new word "unsuckiness". have fun with whichever workout you decide upon.

christine- let me know what you think of newport. i already purchased the steve cotter workout. i haven't done it yet. have you looked at ryan shanahan's kb bootcamp?

dallas- i have 6 kb's and will purchase one more heavier one. i just love the versatility of them. family night was a blast.

carole- thanks! we had such a good time last night. wii is so much fun. i can see myself playing while the kids are at school;) :+

so even though i have DOMS from last night's boxfest with wii, i am going to do the AOS providence (kettlebell) workout and then a 20 min icycle.

later on tonight me and my ladies friends are going to dinner:D

have a great day!

Good Morning Girls. :)

Today is weigh/measure/picture day as round 1 of the X+ is done. I am a happy camper. My numbers are GOOD! :+ :+ :+

I have my jewelry party this afternoon so I won't be around from noonish until dinner time. I hope people buy stuff. There's not going to be alot of people there so I hope whoever does show up buys SOMETHING!:eek:

Today is my rest day but I'm thinking of doing a short cardio before heading to the party. I'll see if I can squeeze it in or not. }(

I gotta go get the munchkin up right now but I plan to get back here for personals in a few!

BBIAB!

First things first

Hope you have a great day POSH and great massage!!!

http://www.deepbox.com/media/i/ysBscnbHGmgmAzc.gif[/img]

Good morning cheetahs

Kristi...http://bestsmileys.com/textinbubble2/14.gif[/img] in your 5K today. I bet you will do great!!

Lorie...I think the clock push-up is also good for the core...I don't have a lot of room so I go back and forth instead of a circle. The push-ups in 4DS are not nearly as bad as the ones in GS chest! Yikes! Have a good workout.

Wendi..so sorry about the foot pain...sending healing vibes and {{{{HUGS}}}}. Yes I feel David is the BEST!

Sunny...lol about you using the Wii when the kids are away...:D...Have a fun kettlebell workout and have a lovely evening with the girls for dinner.

Wendy...Congrats on the good numbers!!

Christine...I do like the Quorn grounds in Spaghetti sauce. I hope the Quorn works for your recipes.

Dallas...Congrats on the Elliptical. Precor seems to be the top of the line. Hope it fits into your house well...:)...it is the approaching 40 syndrome to eat better so the weight stays off, at least for most...

Today will be Pilates and maybe some yoga..

Have a great day...:)

DH had to run out this morning and came back with a Dunkin' Coffee for me! He knows how to keep me happy!;)

Time for personals.

Lorie: Don't ya hate people like that? I'm sure girls do the same thing just because THEY don't lift heavy, they assume that no girl does! ACK! I say you go in there and do your best to show those guys a thing or 2!!!!}(

Wendi: Sorry about the bad few days and the flare up of tendonitis. I hope things get better for ya soon hon. (((HUGS)))

Sunny: Isn't the Wii boxing game fun!? I played it at DH's cousin's house. GOOD STUFF!}( Enjoy your work out and your girls' night out!:D

Carole: Enjoy your pilates/yoga day. Thanks re the #s. It makes it all worth while when you see the fruits of your labor on paper! I just took pics. I'm pretty happy with them too. YAY!:)

Good Morning Cheetahs!

http://www.seahawkblue.com/images/smilies/animated/happy-birthday-054.gif
POSH!!!! Hope you get in a lot of shopping!!! What are your plans? I’ll bet DH pampers you big time! He seems like such a great guy!

GO KRISTI GO!!!! Hope you set a PR and get yourself fired up!

Dallas – Ohhhh, nice Elliptical!! Bummer on the squat rack! Can you move it to the garage or something? Did you play on it yet? How is it? Oh, I’m horrible, aren’t I? But I LOVE that workout. Can you tell? I’m bummed I have to take Jimmy for a hike today (not really, but I will be thinking about Kettlebells). I’m impressed with the Quorn products. See what I wrote Carole…

Lorie – It’s 6:30AM and I’m up, but that’s par for the course. Enjoy your workout! When you workout with the coaches, don’t be so distracted that you drop a barbell on your head or anything (that’s something I would do).

Wendi – so sorry you’re having such a tough time and now you’re tendonitis is flairing up! What a bummer! Yeah, I’m enjoying my kb’s – they are a great change of pace. You’re getting a lot of snow this year! Is that normal? I’ve heard Chicago is having record snow falls.

Sunny – I got Firepower, not Newport – I think Newport is for the toughest of the tough! I have to admit I like doing workout designed for men – they are more challenging. With my weight loss I’m finding it tougher to get my HR up high. Odd how much 11 pounds can affect a person. I haven’t looked at Ryan Shanahan’s KB BootCamp yet. I’ve read about it, but if I want kettlebells, I have to have some control here. :p

Wendy – enjoy your Jewelry Party! How fun! Hope you get in your cardio in!

Carole – I made a brown rice mix (3 or 4 different kinds of brown rice), and then sautéed some fancy mushroom, onions and garlic, and added the Quorn “chicken” tenders and some veggie broth – YUM! The texture of the Quorn chicken is much more like chicken than any other fake stuff I’ve used. I really like it. Thanks so much for recommending it. I haven’t really be craving meat lately (I did at the beginning), and this will definitely keep those cravings at bay. They have some neat recipes on their webpage.

Ahhh, Saturday! I enjoyed sleeping in. Today will be busy, which is good as it’s only me. First DD15 has to be off by 9AM to an all day event at her school– and she has to wear a dress (she is not a dress wearer), so this will be interesting. And as she’s wearing a dress, I’ll bet she would like a ride to school (might be tough riding a bike while wearing heels). Then it’s off to take Jimmy for a hike/trail run – I’m going for an 8 miler. Then I want to run to Play it Again Sports and check out their kettlebell prices. I want 2 12kg (26 lbs). I really want a 16k (35 lb) one, too, but we’ll see. These puppies are expensive! Then it’s off to the mall to exchange a suitcase and get a new book (that may be put off ‘til tomorrow – I can take DD15 with me and have a nice lunch with her but we’ll see- I can still take her out if I get it done). And I should probably hit the grocery store and get my nails done somewhere in there. Have a great day everyone!

Good morning cheetahs! It was soooo hard to drag myself out of bed this morning.. quite unusual for me. Overall I'm feeling better, more like myself but still have episodes where all I want to do is lie down. Yesterday I managed almost an hour of the ASCII circuit and about 20 minutes on the EXT. Also made some progress in getting this library/office packed. I had to struggle to get thru all of it I have to admit. Not made out of iron after all! :eek:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY POSH!!

GOOD LUCK KRISTI!!! But most important.... Have FUN!!

Lorie- Hope you can get in a good amount of work on your dissertation today. I bet you'll have fun on your monday morning workout with the football coaches. They are in for a surprise!

Wendy- Of course I don't mind "hanging in the back of the pack" for the 18 miler! Totally worth it IMO. I have no doubt this will be the most enjoyable race I'll have done to date. Hope your jewelry party is a success today. My goodness, you are into alot of stuff!
Congrats on achieving the numbers!!!

Sunny- sounds like you had a great family fun nite and the wii is a big hit. Have a great time with your girlfriend dinner tonight.

Dallas- you really have your eye on a great EXT!! Unfortunately they do take up alot of room! I hope you can resolve the issue without making your guests sleep on the couch (LOL)

Wendi- So sorry to hear your foot is troubling you! Sounds nasty and I'm glad you are letting it rest and heal. I'm with you on the going to work woes!! I sure hope things get better for you soon
mega {{{{{hugs}}}}

Carole- Have a fabulous Yoga day! Going for your usual Sunday run tomorrow?

Christine- Wow, you have a very busy day planned!! But definitely a fun one anyway. Have a great trail run/hike. You really have me intrigued about the KB workouts!!!

I'll be doing a 4-5 mile run and then trying out a TJ toning working
with resistance bands. It's back to work tonight for a long stretch.

ShellyC

Thank you, Cheetah friends!

Thanks for all the great birthday wishes, glittery thingeys and smileys!!!!!! I have a terrible head cold now which means I can’t go to my massage appointment today so it was very cheering to see all the warm wishes when I logged on. I did get my Yukon back today though! YAY! So far my pedicure appointment is still on. I called my technician to let her know I came down with a terrible cold and would she like me to reschedule but she said she feels I’ll be seated far enough away from her and it is up to me if I feel up to it. Since it will be a “Spa” pedicure (only the best for Posh, eh?...lol) and I get to sit in the best massage chair ever, me thinks I’m going to go for it. Besides, I’m now loaded up with Tylenol, Sudafed, and Airborne so I feel a little better for now. Then, I’m supposed to go to the neighbor’s house for a cookout tonight but I haven’t been able to reach her yet and ask if she still wants me to come over with a head cold. Anyhoo, it will all workout…DH gave me a huge bouquet of spring flowers from my favorite florist, but when I reminded him I said to spend any money on me since we’re going to Maui in September….here’s what he said to me, “ah, shut up and don’t pop my balloon, it’s only a little something”….lol. He never listens when I tell him to get nothing! lol…..

For the Nike Group registration process, I will supply the Cheetahs with an email address that will be used for the “GROUP ID NUMBER”. On Tuesday, March 4th, each Cheetah will register themselves as an individuals and use their own email address for the standard email address field, but will use the email address I provide to fill in for the “Group ID Number” area for registering with a group. This way each Cheetah will provide Active.com with individual credit card numbers and will only be charged race fees IF our group is chosen. We will be notified on April 1, 2008 if our group has been chosen. Hope this makes sense…

Kristi ! I’m sure you did great with the 5K and can’t wait to hear details when you return!

Lorie! You don’t suck! Life gets busy sometimes! DD has watched that movie, I still have not…what is it about anyway? Guess I could google and see….lol

Wendi – Awe, I hope your foot heals soon - nothing worse than injuries. Yeah, I think it was good for the mechanic to come over and apologize. The dumb a$$ Service Advisor was probably afraid of a lawsuit so that’s probably why he told DH it was caused from a “faulty seal”…My DH’s comment was “yeah, right” anyway because he knew better even before the mechanic came over to admit what really happened and apologize.

Sunny – LOL – boxfest on the Wii…ok, I sense some more Wii enabling going on here…

Wendy – WOW your avatar pic is impressive! My son would say “she’s a beast”…lol. Hope you sell lots at your jewelry party. What kind of jewelry do you sell?

Carole – Haven’t tried the Gruyere thingeys yet. Trader Joes is pretty neat…you’ll love it if you get one near you. The prices seem to be fairly good as well.

Christine – YES, I want to get in some shopping but I’ll wait til I feel better. I dunno though, your kettle bell obsession may out shop my quota this month and put you first in line for Posh cheetah…lol. Or wait, Dallas’ Precor purchase probably just blew us both out of the water, eh?...lol…Yes, DH is a great guy (can ACT like he’s a grouchy poop at times but he’s really a big softy) and I told him do not buy me anything, but he got the pretty flowers anyway…oh well, the arrangement is really nice with a spring flowers and I can’t complain cuz the guy always remembers my BDAY…lol. Oh, and the Quorn chicken tenders are also great lightly seasoned and sautéed in a little olive oil (we need fats remember..lol) then you can use it in with grated parmesan, chopped romaine and some light ceasar dressing to wrap up in a whole wheat wrap…makes a yummo lunch!

Shelly – Oh wow, I hope you don’t have the flu virus going around. Hope you feel better soon though. Oh and uh, I’m afraid you still are made of iron if you can get through any workout whilst being ill…Your’e crazy! lol…Sorry the house thing fell through. Just relax and know the right house will come up for ya’ll when the time is right…my fingers are crossed for you…

Well friends…time to finish my Airborne cocktail and hit the shower so I can drive my YUKON (yay!) to Auburn for that pedicure…Have a great rest of the day and hello to Jackie, Judy, Cathy, Kristi, Dallas and all the other busy cheetahs this weekend…

Thomasina
:+ (I'm adding this smiley cuz right now I look like Rudolph!)

so, i did a steady state TM run. i logged 10.63 miles in 90 minutes (my TM will only go up to 90 minutes). anyway, i didn't want to stop. i was so loving the movie. now, i have to wait for the friend i originally rented it with (and we never watched it) to come over and watch the rest (and i will have to watch the first 90 minutes again). the beatles are my all-time favorite group and the movie is great. it reminds me a bit of "sgt. pepper" and a bit of "yellow submarine." anyway...i don't have any pain from my run yet. it's the first long run i've done. the last time, my pain hit the next day, so we'll see. *fingers crossed*

okay, so here's an observation...i've been going out on quite a few dates lately (yeah, i just don't want to wait around for xDF even though he keeps saying he's changing). anyway, it's SO DIFFICULT to try and explain you guys (or cathe, or the forums in general) to outsiders. i just don't think many people can comprehend how i could feel so close to a group of people i've never met (YET!). i always call you guys "my running group" but then have to explain that we don't actually train together. it's funny.

so, i can't wait to watch the rest of this movie and see how it all turns out. anything that incorporates the beatles and their music into it is great in my book!

Good evening ladies!

Just got done nuking leftovers from my yummo dinner from last night and am ready to sit down and gab :7. I got through all the riding and work today with only mild discomfort in my foot...I'd have to rate it 2.5 out of 5, so not bad considering it was virtually non-weight bearing yesterday.

Sunny - You've gotta love a DOMS inducing video game, right!? Enjoy your dinner with the gals!

Wendy - You look fantastic girl!!!!! WTG on the results! Ooh, a jewelry party would be fun. I am such an earring ho lol! I hopw you were able to sell a bunch.

Carole - I'm short on workout space, too, so those clock push ups become windshield wiper push ups. I hope you enjoyed the Pilates!

Christine - Had to LOL about your comment to Lorie about dropping the BB! Your Quorn dinner sounded yummy! We've gotten a lot of little dumps of snow...usually 4 or 5" at a time, about once a week, so it isn't been much in the way of total snowfall. The most we've had in one storm is 10" so it's actually been an easy season. Wow, that was quit the agenda you had for today!

Shelly - Sending those mega{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}} right back at ya! I have to agree with Posh that you most certainly are still made of steel. I couldn't imagine getting all that done after fighting off that masty bug for soooo long :eek:! Will ya please *try* to take it easy so your body can recover, pretty plese, with sugar on top???? I hope this upcoming stretch at work is easier for you!

Posh - Sorry to hear about the cold...hope you feel better soon! I hope you enjoyed your spa pedi today. Did you end up going to the cookout? Awwwwww, how nice of DH!

Lorie - I'm soooo glad you like Across the Universe...interesting little movie, huh? I really should just buy that one on DVD...saw it in the theater and fell in love. Great TM run today! I hope your hip stays quiet. Good for you getting out there and not letting your life revolve around xDF, but I had to chuckle about outsiders not "getting" our little group here. My boss thinks it's just plain weird *rolls eyes*.

Alrighty, my plate is empty and now I'm going to jump in the shower and then go curl up with a No Pudge brownie in bed. Have a good night!

Jimmy and I had a great 8 mile trail run/hike. It was cool today, and breezy, but that meant very few people on the trails. We enjoyed ourselves (he’s asleep at my feet right now). I got everything done. Picked up 2 12k kettlebells. I was thinking of going to Target and getting another either 15 or 20 pound, but realized I should just wait to see what I really needed. I’m a little miffed that I air dried my new Lucky jeans, and now they are baggy. Hopefully some time in the drier will fix that, but I’m afraid they will shrink length wise as well, and they’re the perfect length now. Oh well.

Kristi – Soooo? How’d it go? Inquiring mind want to know!

Shelly – It must have hit you hard for you to want to lay down. If your library/office is like ours, getting some of it packed is quite a bit of progress! You’d love kettlebells, I’ll bet. I think they would complement your running really well. But, I can see what you’d want to wait. I’ll try to be a little less enabling until you can get them, too. :+ Hope work is slow tonight and everyone shows up! And I do agree with everyone – being able to do all that and still be fighting a nasty bug? You ARE made of iron.

Thomasina – Hope your birthday is going fabulously!. Your DH is simply too sweet! I’m glad you’re going to get your pedicure (that’s my favorite anyway – rub my feet and I’ll follow you anywhere… :+). Great news on the Nike Group Registration. It makes perfect sense to me! Thanks for doing this! Oooh, love the recipe ideas! Thanks! I had a Yukon Denali and loved it. Enjoy yours now that you have it back!

Lorie – Great job on the run! Wow! Don’t even try to explain us – I just call your ladies my friends I met on an online forum. People usually just nod. But we do train together, just not physically! Have fun with your movie!

Wendi – Glad your foot is feeling better and that you made it through the day okay! To me that sounds like a lot of snow, but I live in CA where we do not have snow. :p Agenda is done, so I’m sitting down and enjoying my quiet evening.

Have a great evening everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.