Cheetahs Saturday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Cheetah Babes.

Well it's day 4 and I feel no different then I did yesterday morning! Still downing Airborne. I guess it's working as I am not getting any worse. Still no fever so I am going to down another cup of java and do some kind of work out. I want to run but I don't know if I'll make it to the gym in time. I appear to have a short "window of opportunity" to work out before I start to feel like crud again and the gym is likely to NOT happen in that window. I think I'll focus on weights right now and play cardio by ear...

I'll be back later!

Good morning Cheetahs!

Wendy - Get well soon will ya?! Please take care of yourself.

I’m sorry I’m a little short on time this morning so I’ll have to try for personals later (or tomorrow). I never did end up bowling Thursday night because I had a flare up while riding a long list of horses that day...yeah, it never rained! But my sincere thanks to everyone who was doing a rain dance, we were too. I’ve been pretty sore and breathing has been tough since so I didn’t run yesterday. I feel a little better this am but have to be in to work early and won’t get home until after 8:00 tonight so that’s out, too. Plus, I have one hell of a riding list today so I probably wouldn’t be up to it physically either, oh well. We have someone coming to try a few sale horses but they won’t even get to our farm until 6:00 at the earliest. My fingers are crossed to get a run in Sunday am.

I'll try to catch up tonight. Have a great day everyone!

Good morning Wendy! You had a tough day yesterday didn't ya? Sorry you're still dealing with the crud :( I think just getting in some kind of workout today will help you feel better and get your motivation going again :)

Wendi- Sorry you've had another tough long riding day. Do you ever get a day off??? Hope it goes easier for you today so tomorrow you can run!!

I'm at work now and the night hasn't been too bad :) After my nap today I'll be doing my favorite Cathe cardio IMAX3. Later today it'll be some kind of leg workout....not sure what yet.

Looks like we'll be playing with the new workouts next week!!!:7 :7

I'll tray to check back later.

ShellyC

Wendi: Busy girl! Is this a good thing or a bad thing? LOL Poor thing with that rib injury. YIKES, I would be so frustrated by now if I were you but you seem to be handling it so well! I hope it heals once and for all really soon!!! Thanks for the well wishes. I sure am trying to get better but this crud is quite persistent! ACK!

Shelly: Have fun with IMAX3! I admit that one has been collecting dust for ages in my house!:eek:

Ok, well my java is done so I need to get moving on my work out before I lose my chance!

BBL!

Good morning ladies,

wendy- i hope that crud leaves your body soon! maybe you will sweat it out with your workout.

wendi- oh no, sorry to hear about your rib injury. hopefully it will heal very quickly.

shelly- enjoy that toughie of a workout you have planned for today}( I am really looking forward to the new workouts!!

today's workout for me is a kickbox class at the gym. there is an instructor that is awesome and she is seldom on the schedule so i am bagging my scheduled long run today to take her class:+

have an awesome saturday ladies.

Sunny: Enjoy your class! It's so nice to hear from you with relative frequency again. You were missed!:)

Okay, I'm done. I did a generic weight work out plus 6 minute abs. It took me just over an hour. I did all of the exercises I am using to train my BF plus a few extra goodies. }(

So here's what I did:

Knee extensions 5# ankle weights 20 reps
Push ups on toes 18 reps
Chest press 20# DB's 20 reps
Chest fly 15# DB's 20 reps
Pizza press 5# ankle weights 35 reps
Reverse Grip Chin Ups 15 reps
Back Rows 20# DB's 15 reps
Squats 35.5# BB 20 reps
Plie squats 25# DB 20 reps
Overhead shoulder press 15# DB's 20 reps
Firewalkers purple band 20 reps
Shoulder raise 8# DB's 20 reps
Inner thigh leg lifts 5# ankle weights 35 reps
Biceps curl 12# DB's 20 reps
Calf raise 5# ankle weights 40 reps
Triceps kickback 10# DB's 20 reps
Triceps kickback purple bank 15 reps

I still feel like a run so hopefully I will get to the gym before the window of opportunity passes!:)

wendy-rest and don't do too much! take it easy. it sounds like you might be feeling a little better. i hope so.

wendi-you mean my rain dance didn't work?! x( i'll have to try harder next time!

sunny-have fun at your class.

shelly-glad to hear work was not so hectic. have a restful nap.

i ended up having a very UNrestful night. i tossed and turned and could not fall asleep until FOUR A.M.!!! i don't know why. i hate that!

right now, my motivation is zero. we'll see how i feel in a bit.

i hope all you cheetah babes are having a great morning!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...Did you enjoy your magazines last night? Laughing at you calling your sis "Martha"...I just ran in a little light rain, nothing bad.

Wendy..I think it was a good idea you skipped the wedding. I can understand how you feel obligated to DH's family to go, but honestly most people I know would not go somewhere if they were sick...and you don't want to spread it. Did your DH think you were faking? Sorry about Joey pushing your buttons...sweetie, you really had a crappy day yesterday and I am sorry, I hope today is A LOT better...Sounds like a good mixture of a weight workout today!

Wendi...sounds like a very busy day for you. I will keep my fingers crossed you cab get a run in Sunday AM.

Christine...funny about your DH never getting a wrinkle in his pants!! There are days I feel my iron does not even work...:)...

Shelly...We are still trying with CiCi and JC, the good news is they don't fight but CiCi just won't stay in the house long when JC is in. I don't mind at all running in a light rain, its the downpours I am not real fond of...but I will usually run anyway...Hope you had fun with the LIC premix...Great news about the new workouts!! Have fun with Imax3.

Lorie...sorry about the insomnia! I hate that and have never figured out why in the heck that happens sometimes...

Sunny...enjoy your kickboxing class today.

Jackie...it was just a few sprinkles when I ran, not bad at all.

Judy...Way to go on the 10 miles! JC seems to like playing on the new floor. And she is quite fun to watch, as it has been awhile since I had a young cat...:)

I am thinking either kickbox or a circuit today...I will see how I feel after church...

Have a great day...:)

wendy- thanks, as were all of you:) . now that i am not training for both a tri and HM, i have a little more time..yea right. good workout you planned out. so you are now personal training your BF?? that's fantastic! how do you like it so far?

lorie- sorry about the sleepless night. i really hate when that happpens and you are too tired to work out.

carole- you are going to church on a saturday? i say go with the KB..lol

i just hate when all of your plans for the day get turned around. i had scheduled a consultation with a potential client today. she called to reschedule but while i had her on the phone i questioned her re: her schedule and she wants to train in the evenings. i can only train at a gym in the evenings since i have two little ones. so i referred to her to a pt friend of mine:)

i can't believe i forgot to mention this earlier, yesterday i bought a new 8G ipod nano (with video)!!!!! i am super-duper excited.

ttyl...:D

Good morning ladies,
I have been MIA due to some instestinal issues. I had some stomache flu for a couple of days, UGH!!! I am feeling a lot better this morning though. We are a bunch of sickies around here;-) I am planning on doing GS legs today and some ab work. I did get in GS chest and triceps last night, OUCH!!! I have been doing the whole thing and not the premix and that workout is so tough. I can finally do 45 of the 72 push-ups though. I never used to be able to do no more than 20.

I am so excited about the new workouts coming next week. I need a change. I am really trying to shorten the amount of time working out. I sometimes feel like it takes over my life. I need to find a little more balance.

The good new is, I finally lost the 3lbs that I had gained. I feel so much better having that weight off. I know it sounds ridiculous, but I have having my jeans even a little tight.

Well ladies, I am off to make french toast for the kids and to chug some green tea. HAve a great day ladies!

BTW, I could not find any cute sweaters at the mall. I ended up buying a couple at Macy's, but I don't love them. I never ever have a hard time finding cute sweaters. I tend to like the shorter ones and all they had was tunic type ones. Oh well.

Cheers!
Susan

Susan

Good morning everyone!

Judy - Nice job on the 10 miles! Great pace! Woohoo! Can understand DB feelings but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. :)

Wendy - ((((HUGS)))) I'll keep my fingers crossed that you feel better and the motivation to do the half doesn't go up in smoke. If you're like me, you don't want to devote all of that time to training and not get to do the half. So glad the workout made you feel a little better. Take it easy on yourself.

Cathy - Did you enjoy the mindless entertainment? We want to go and see a show while in NY - maybe The Color Purple. Don't know what else yet. Yep, that's my head. Thanks for the compliment.

Christine - Just enjoying the race is a good thing. Jimmy is as handsome as ever. Glad he's getting back to his old self.

Wendi - Hope you're all better and can get a run in tomorrow.

Shelly - Hope you have a good workout today. Think I'll wait until November to play with the new workouts.

Sunny - Enjoy your kickbox class. Congrats on the new nano!!

Carole - Have a good workout! What did you decide on doing?

Susan - Sorry to hear you've been under the weather and glad you're feeling better. Congratulations on the weight loss!!

I was awake early this morning. Decided to go ahead and do my 10 miles on the treadmill. I was over half way finished by the time the sun came up. I warmed up with 6 Minute Abs and did Stretch Max #1. I took a long hot bath and the legs feel good.

DBF and I are going to the Parade of Homes to see the latest and the greates innovations in new homes. Hope everyone has a great Saturday.

Jackie

I made it to the gym this morning! YEAY! I did Itread 2/20 mins + a little extra to get in 2 total miles in just over 19 minutes. I'm very happy with my time. :) This ITread has 3 inclines of 4, 4 and 3%. Since I was pushing my speed while still not at 100% health, I kept the inclines to 2% all the way through and found it to be quite doable. To be honest though, I also just doubted that I could keep my speed up there if I did Grace's inclines and today I wanted to run short and fast so that's what I did. }( My chest hurt a bit post run because it's still got crud in it but all in all the working out felt great! After the gym I took DS to the park for about 30 minutes. He ran around like a crazy child and I just enjoyed being in the fresh cool air. :)

Now it's time to down some Airborne and take a nap.

I'll catch up with personals later....DH is working 12 hours today so I will have lots of time to spend with my favorite bunch of ladies. ;)

BB in a bit!:+

Hi cheetahs!

I was futzin' around on the open forums this morning but then ran out of time to post here before class. I did post personals last night, though...

Christine :: ohhh! Those are the pants! OK. *lol* about the pantaloons.

Wendi :: You’ve got a full plate this weekend ~ hope you can get in a run on Sunday.

Shelly :: enjoy IMAX 3 and whatever leg torture you drum up for yourself!

Sunny :: congrats on the iPod Nano video!!!! I have a feeling I’m gonna want me one of those when the new software comes out.

Wendy :: great job with your workout. Hope the nap leaves you feeling rested and recharged.

Lorie :: maybe a nap is in order for you, too?

Carole :: I did…Some interesting articles in the Hers Muscle & Fitness. Hope you enjoyed your kb or circuit w/out.

Susan :: sorry about the stomach bug…good to see you’re back in the swing already! And congrats on the 3 lb. loss!! I found a few sweaters at LL Bean yesterday. Needed to get a few that fit and aren’t too baggy. They had both long and short styles. Ann Taylor and Ann Taylor Loft also have some nice sweaters right now.

Jackie :: Yes, I really enjoy curling up with the new fitness magazines each month (I usually read Women’s Health, RW, and Shape, and now I like WW and Hers M&F also) as well as an occasional US Weekly for the mindless celebrity dirt. How much more can they keep printing about Britney, I wonder??…Enjoy getting some ideas at the Parade of Homes…Great job getting your workout in at the crack of dawn. I feel so accomplished when I can bang out an early workout and have the whole day stretched ahead of me.

Well, I just finished a 3 mile run and need to get ready for a late lunch with my best friend.

Have a great Saturday!!

Hi girls! I'm back from my nap. I laid down for about 45 minutes but only slept for maybe 30. It was perfect. I feel pretty good so I will probably hit the housework when I'm done here...

Lorie: UGH, so sorry about the sleepless night! I wrestle with bouts of insomnia and it's not fun. :-( Perhaps a nap is an order as it may recharge you for a work out.

Carole: Thanks for the sweet words! I really appreciate it!:) DH hasn't said he thought I was faking so who knows. LOL I am glad I stayed home. It was going to be a late night and I wasn't driving myself so I could not have left if I started to feel worse. I am dying to find out how it went though. It's been quite the CONTROVERSIAL event in the family!}( So what did you decide on-kb or a circuit?

Sunny: Yes, I am training my BF 2-3 times per week and a friend of hers is joining us 1x per week. My BF lost 8.5 pounds and 4.5 inches in the first month! We are both THRILLED!:) I am enjoying training but I am sure it is different when it's not with a personal friend. I can say/do/act any way I please with these girls, you know what I mean? }( LOL

Susan: Jeez, the "crud" is taking all forms these days. It seems everyone is or has been sick lately with SOMETHING! Stomach issues are THE WORST! I remember over last Christmas when DS got sick with a stomach flu and infected sooo many people in our family. It was just awful! I am so glad you are feeling better now. How is Mary? I think of her often.

Jackie: You are right. As much as I may lose motivation with not being able to work out, I have trained hard for this HM and will NOT give it up over a few lost work outs. It could just take a little more oomph to get motivated for it. LOL Wow girl you were up early this morning to be over half way done with 10 miles by sunrise! You go!:) Parade of Homes sounds cool. Have fun!

Cathy: Yup, the nap left me feelin' pretty good. Unfortunately the feeling will be "wasted" on house work but ya gotta do what ya gotta do right? LOL I hope you have a great lunch with your BF. Any plans for tonight?

well, right after i posted, a friend of mine called and we made plans to have lunch and do some shopping. so, i had to jump up and work out with not much time to procrastinate. i have a feeling i am going to be VERRRRRY SORE tomorrow because i did barry's total body and legs with the cardio. i liked nadia. the only part i didn't like was kneeling on the bench. even with a towel, my knee hurt. anyhoo...i was walking all around the mall already feeling my glutes and arms. my friend has a two year-old and i could feel my arms every time i lifted her up! what is it with the double barry lately?!?! i kind of like doing two at a time.

susan-i am so sorry you had the stomach flu. i hope you are feeling better.

jackie-loved the pictures! you are one hott cheetah! let us know what the latest in home design and innovations.

carole-did you decide on kickbox or circuit?

sunny-yay for your new ipod! enjoy it!

wendy-wtg on the workout! since i have such a hatred for hills, most of the time i do less than the incline that grace suggests. especially when i am trying to go for speed. i figure if i am going faster than she says, i can change my incline up a little.

cathy-i love my people magazine! i read it every week. i like it because it's pretty mindless and entertaining. i also get women's health and oxygen.

so, i bought a sleep mask at the mall today. it's kind of contoured to fit snugly over your eyes and it's super soft and comfy. i am thinking that might help me sleep. i got one for rob also because i like to wake up about half an hour earlier than i have to and check email and wake up slowly and the light bothers him. now, he can just put on his mask.

i am not looking forward to my doms tomorrow. i have a feeling it's going to be one of those "it even hurts to sit down" kind of days. love it! }(

I am back and decided to do the 82 minute premix of legs and glutes and kpc. I was not as hard as I remember it. It was a great sweatfest and I am feeling good:) We are having some friends over for singing at the piano and chinese food. We do this once a month and I tell ya there is nothing like having some good wine and gathering around the piano and singing. I know, I am such a geek;-)

Cathy, I did not check out the loft for sweaters. I love that place and just did not think of it. I was so focused on Macy's that I forgot about it. What was for lunch?

Wendy, good for you for getting a good workout in. Make sure you get lots of rest today and take that nap. I know even when I am sick I still feel so much better doing some kind of workout.

Wendi, you are one busy gal. I hope you can get that run in tomorrow for your sanity:)

Shelly, Ooh you are doing my favorite workout. I love IMAX 3. I
feel so accomplished and done after that workout. I say do gym style legs. That is what I was supposed to do;-)

Sunnydelite, Good to see you. Enjoy your kickboxing class!

Lorie, I am sorry you did not sleep well last night. I hope tonight you get some zzzzz's. Great workout for getting no sleep, eh?

Carole, what kickbox workout did you do today? I am ready to give Amy another shot. Floors are done?

Jackie, AWESOME workout!!!! I really liked your pics you had up the other day. You are so pretty and fit:)

ladies, I am off to Target to get some kids b-day presents. Pray that I don't come home with everything but whatI am supposed to get}(

Cheers!

Susan

Hello again cheetahs! I hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend!!
I banged out IMAX3 a little while ago and am feeling nicely pumped now:) :) I think I'll take it easy for most of this afternoon and work on a current knitting project. I know it's a tad hard for y'all to imagine me knitting with my hyperactive personality, but it actually suits me very well as I can rest but still DO something, so I'm happy;-) Anyway, later towards the evening I'll be doing the HSTA cardio and lower body premix. I figure all those leg presses will help get me in shape for the Bisbee stair climb:)

SunnyD- That Kickbox instructor must be incredible for you to be so impressed!!! Hope yo had a great time. Wow, a nice new fancy iPod with video!!! That is on my wish list definitely so I am quite jealous now;-) :p

Lorie= Sounds like you need a fillup on the old motivation tank;-)
Try a workout you haven't done in a while or anything new!

Carole- How about a kickboxing circuit??:p I've ordered some Sharkies, BTW. Can't wait to try them. I'll be doing 14 miles tomorrow but in a couple of weeks (after Bisbee) I'll really be cranking up the mileage again in preparation for LV:7

Susan- Sorry to hear you've been sick:( Those nasty gastroenteral
viruses can really lay you flat!! Sounds like you are on the mend now anyway. Great job on the GS pushups... you'll be cranking out all 72 on the toes before ya know it!

Jackie- Wow, I really admire your self restraint on waiting to try the new workouts until Nov. I'm like a two year old with new workout dvd's. I can hardly wait long enough to tear the wrapper off before it's in the dvd player!! Great job on the 10 miler on the TM. I don't know how you have the patience to do such long runs on the dreadmill!!! Are you looking to buy a new home possibly???

Wendy- YAY!!! I knew you'd feel better after getting in a good workout!!! You did fantastic today also.... great bounceback there kiddo!! I love your weight routine.... you're a real kickbutt PT:eek:

Cathy- That's great you got in a nice run today!! I'm a bit of a fitness magazine junkie myself. I absolutely devour each issue of RW. My favorite other than that is Prevention.... it doesn't get sidetracked with beauty/fashion stuff like some of the others. Of course they have to appeal to you young hottie fitness buffs as well as us grannies:p

Judy- A BIG Congratulations on doing 10 MILES!!!!!! I had no idea this was your first attempt at the big 10!! AWESOME job! Now you are in the league of the double digit long distance runners!

Hi Christine!!!!

That's all the babble for now.... gonna go warm up the knitting needles!

ShellyC

Hey Susan! Posting at the same time. Have a great time shopping... I know you're a champ at it!
I agree about Jackie, BTW.... she's just as cute as a button! How can she still look so nice after racing is beyond me!!

ShellyC

Hi Cheetahs!!! I never ever post here but I think about each of you when I'm on a run of my own! :) I hope all of your runs are going as smoothly as you want them to. I recently ran a PR on a 10k and I'm still on the high from that one! (Who knew I could run an 8:33 mile?!?? I thought my pace was 10 minute miles... thank you Imax, I guess!)

Anyway, I just saw some cool info that I didn't know if you knew about: WORLD RUN DAY. ?? www.runday.com

You sign up, they send you a tshirt, and you run on Nov 11. Cool deal! :p We're all supposed to run that day to see how many runners are all out there! I think I'm going to do it.

KEEP RUNNING STRONG, MY CHEETAH DEARS!!! :D

All the best,

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.