Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Check-ins & Challenges

Check-ins & Challenges We've created this brand new forums to post all of your Cathe and fitness related check-ins and challenges

Cheetahs Saturday

This is a discussion on Cheetahs Saturday within the Check-ins & Challenges forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Good Morning Cheetah Babes. Well it's day 4 and I feel no different then I did yesterday morning! Still downing ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2007, 05:58 AM
DeCathelete

Default Cheetahs Saturday

Good Morning Cheetah Babes.

Well it's day 4 and I feel no different then I did yesterday morning! Still downing Airborne. I guess it's working as I am not getting any worse. Still no fever so I am going to down another cup of java and do some kind of work out. I want to run but I don't know if I'll make it to the gym in time. I appear to have a short "window of opportunity" to work out before I start to feel like crud again and the gym is likely to NOT happen in that window. I think I'll focus on weights right now and play cardio by ear...

I'll be back later!

Wendy
Old 10-13-2007, 06:08 AM
Cathlete

Default RE: Cheetahs Saturday

Good morning Cheetahs!

Wendy - Get well soon will ya?! Please take care of yourself.

Iím sorry Iím a little short on time this morning so Iíll have to try for personals later (or tomorrow). I never did end up bowling Thursday night because I had a flare up while riding a long list of horses that day...yeah, it never rained! But my sincere thanks to everyone who was doing a rain dance, we were too. Iíve been pretty sore and breathing has been tough since so I didnít run yesterday. I feel a little better this am but have to be in to work early and wonít get home until after 8:00 tonight so thatís out, too. Plus, I have one hell of a riding list today so I probably wouldnít be up to it physically either, oh well. We have someone coming to try a few sale horses but they wonít even get to our farm until 6:00 at the earliest. My fingers are crossed to get a run in Sunday am.

I'll try to catch up tonight. Have a great day everyone!

My 1st HM...Celebrate Life, Rock Hill, NY...2:00:39
Old 10-13-2007, 06:09 AM
Cathlete
trooper15's Profile Fields

Good morning Wendy! You had a tough day yesterday didn't ya? Sorry you're still dealing with the crud :( I think just getting in some kind of workout today will help you feel better and get your motivation going again :-)

Wendi- Sorry you've had another tough long riding day. Do you ever get a day off??? Hope it goes easier for you today so tomorrow you can run!!

I'm at work now and the night hasn't been too bad :) After my nap today I'll be doing my favorite Cathe cardio IMAX3. Later today it'll be some kind of leg workout....not sure what yet.

Looks like we'll be playing with the new workouts next week!!!:7 :7

I'll tray to check back later.

ShellyC
Old 10-13-2007, 06:15 AM
DeCathelete

Wendi: Busy girl! Is this a good thing or a bad thing? LOL Poor thing with that rib injury. YIKES, I would be so frustrated by now if I were you but you seem to be handling it so well! I hope it heals once and for all really soon!!! Thanks for the well wishes. I sure am trying to get better but this crud is quite persistent! ACK!

Shelly: Have fun with IMAX3! I admit that one has been collecting dust for ages in my house!:o

Ok, well my java is done so I need to get moving on my work out before I lose my chance!

BBL!

Wendy
Old 10-13-2007, 06:37 AM
Cathlete

Good morning ladies,

wendy- i hope that crud leaves your body soon! maybe you will sweat it out with your workout.

wendi- oh no, sorry to hear about your rib injury. hopefully it will heal very quickly.

shelly- enjoy that toughie of a workout you have planned for today}( I am really looking forward to the new workouts!!

today's workout for me is a kickbox class at the gym. there is an instructor that is awesome and she is seldom on the schedule so i am bagging my scheduled long run today to take her class:+

have an awesome saturday ladies.
Old 10-13-2007, 07:43 AM
DeCathelete

Sunny: Enjoy your class! It's so nice to hear from you with relative frequency again. You were missed!:-)

Okay, I'm done. I did a generic weight work out plus 6 minute abs. It took me just over an hour. I did all of the exercises I am using to train my BF plus a few extra goodies. }(

So here's what I did:

Knee extensions 5# ankle weights 20 reps
Push ups on toes 18 reps
Chest press 20# DB's 20 reps
Chest fly 15# DB's 20 reps
Pizza press 5# ankle weights 35 reps
Reverse Grip Chin Ups 15 reps
Back Rows 20# DB's 15 reps
Squats 35.5# BB 20 reps
Plie squats 25# DB 20 reps
Overhead shoulder press 15# DB's 20 reps
Firewalkers purple band 20 reps
Shoulder raise 8# DB's 20 reps
Inner thigh leg lifts 5# ankle weights 35 reps
Biceps curl 12# DB's 20 reps
Calf raise 5# ankle weights 40 reps
Triceps kickback 10# DB's 20 reps
Triceps kickback purple bank 15 reps

I still feel like a run so hopefully I will get to the gym before the window of opportunity passes!:-)

Wendy
Old 10-13-2007, 08:28 AM
Cathlete
lederr's Profile Fields

wendy-rest and don't do too much! take it easy. it sounds like you might be feeling a little better. i hope so.

wendi-you mean my rain dance didn't work?! x( i'll have to try harder next time!

sunny-have fun at your class.

shelly-glad to hear work was not so hectic. have a restful nap.

i ended up having a very UNrestful night. i tossed and turned and could not fall asleep until FOUR A.M.!!! i don't know why. i hate that!

right now, my motivation is zero. we'll see how i feel in a bit.

i hope all you cheetah babes are having a great morning!

"All that we are is the result of what we have thought. If a man speaks or acts with an evil thought, pain follows him. If a man speaks or acts with a pure thought, happiness follows him, like a shadow that never leaves him."-Buddha
Old 10-13-2007, 08:38 AM
Cathlete
Mckmain's Profile Fields

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...Did you enjoy your magazines last night? Laughing at you calling your sis "Martha"...I just ran in a little light rain, nothing bad.

Wendy..I think it was a good idea you skipped the wedding. I can understand how you feel obligated to DH's family to go, but honestly most people I know would not go somewhere if they were sick...and you don't want to spread it. Did your DH think you were faking? Sorry about Joey pushing your buttons...sweetie, you really had a crappy day yesterday and I am sorry, I hope today is A LOT better...Sounds like a good mixture of a weight workout today!

Wendi...sounds like a very busy day for you. I will keep my fingers crossed you cab get a run in Sunday AM.

Christine...funny about your DH never getting a wrinkle in his pants!! There are days I feel my iron does not even work...:)...

Shelly...We are still trying with CiCi and JC, the good news is they don't fight but CiCi just won't stay in the house long when JC is in. I don't mind at all running in a light rain, its the downpours I am not real fond of...but I will usually run anyway...Hope you had fun with the LIC premix...Great news about the new workouts!! Have fun with Imax3.

Lorie...sorry about the insomnia! I hate that and have never figured out why in the heck that happens sometimes...

Sunny...enjoy your kickboxing class today.

Jackie...it was just a few sprinkles when I ran, not bad at all.

Judy...Way to go on the 10 miles! JC seems to like playing on the new floor. And she is quite fun to watch, as it has been awhile since I had a young cat...:)

I am thinking either kickbox or a circuit today...I will see how I feel after church...

Have a great day...:)

Old 10-13-2007, 10:39 AM
Cathlete

wendy- thanks, as were all of you:-) . now that i am not training for both a tri and HM, i have a little more time..yea right. good workout you planned out. so you are now personal training your BF?? that's fantastic! how do you like it so far?

lorie- sorry about the sleepless night. i really hate when that happpens and you are too tired to work out.

carole- you are going to church on a saturday? i say go with the KB..lol

i just hate when all of your plans for the day get turned around. i had scheduled a consultation with a potential client today. she called to reschedule but while i had her on the phone i questioned her re: her schedule and she wants to train in the evenings. i can only train at a gym in the evenings since i have two little ones. so i referred to her to a pt friend of mine:-)

i can't believe i forgot to mention this earlier, yesterday i bought a new 8G ipod nano (with video)!!!!! i am super-duper excited.

ttyl...:D
Old 10-13-2007, 10:46 AM
Cathlete

Good morning ladies,
I have been MIA due to some instestinal issues. I had some stomache flu for a couple of days, UGH!!! I am feeling a lot better this morning though. We are a bunch of sickies around here;-) I am planning on doing GS legs today and some ab work. I did get in GS chest and triceps last night, OUCH!!! I have been doing the whole thing and not the premix and that workout is so tough. I can finally do 45 of the 72 push-ups though. I never used to be able to do no more than 20.

I am so excited about the new workouts coming next week. I need a change. I am really trying to shorten the amount of time working out. I sometimes feel like it takes over my life. I need to find a little more balance.

The good new is, I finally lost the 3lbs that I had gained. I feel so much better having that weight off. I know it sounds ridiculous, but I have having my jeans even a little tight.

Well ladies, I am off to make french toast for the kids and to chug some green tea. HAve a great day ladies!

BTW, I could not find any cute sweaters at the mall. I ended up buying a couple at Macy's, but I don't love them. I never ever have a hard time finding cute sweaters. I tend to like the shorter ones and all they had was tunic type ones. Oh well.

Cheers!
Susan

Susan