::: CHEETAHS ::: Saturday :-)

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Goood morning, cheetahs!! :) :) :)

I nodded off SO early last night and am feeling refreshed. I'm waiting for it to get a little lighter out there, and then I'll enjoy a run and who knows what else. Breaking away from a rotation and playing by ear is nice for a change.

Good luck to Shelly and Amy in your races! I think Jackie is running one, too. If so, cheetah vibes comin' at you, too, babe! :)

Wendy :: enjoy today's long run...how many miles will it be this time?...thanks for the explanation of UML...I thought it might be a Tony w/out...sounds like a good one...yes, there are a few who need to snap out summer mode QUICK! :)

Have a great day, ladies!

[font face="heather" font color=brick red size=+2]~Cathy [/font face] http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif
"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George Sheehan

Morning Cheetahs!:)

I am wishing all of this morning's racers a great one!

GO AMY! (first race and running for a great cause!)

GO SHELLY! (running simply for the sheer joy of it!)

GO JACKIE! (the avid racer girl of the group!)

}( }( }(

So this morning I have an 8 miler on tap. YIKES what a scarey number THAT is! It's waaay scarier then the 6.5 miles from a couple of weeks ago! *bites nails nervously* I hope I can do it. I have pretty much decided that so long as I get through this run today that I will come home and sign up for the October half!:7

My goal is to bang out the abs I skipped last night before I hit the road to go to the park for the run this morning.

Cathy: So what else did you add to your run today? What does the rest of your day hold?

BBL!

Wendy,

I haven't decided yet, but I'd like to do something u/b as I only hit that once this week. The rest of my day holds a little shopping, a little relaxation, and a little working.

Are you doing the 8 on the TM? I'm sure you will come back ready to sign up for the half! http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Respect/winner-019.gif

[font face="heather" font color=brick red size=+2]~Cathy [/font face] http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif
"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George Sheehan

Hey Cathy.

No TM today. I committed to doing my long runs outdoors so I'm going to meet my friend at the park very soon....I'm askeered!LOL

Well, I'm off to get ready!

BBL!:)

OH!!! Good luck to those running today!!!! My relay is tomorrow and I've been firming up my team's plan on driving, exchanges, etc. I'm SO EXCITED!!!!

Drive-by for me again. Sorry :(

Have to head out to DS' baseball game in 10 minutes. Stayed up WAY TOO late last night (like 3am, lol) with my 'friend', so I was just simply too tired to get in a workout this AM. That's fine. I think today will be a DOR for tomorrow's relay!

Gayle

Hey Cheetahs!

DH is getting ready to leave for Austria – nice – eh? Me, I’m stuck at home with the kids and the dogs. Oh well. Not too bad either. His early departure got me up early for a 7 mile run. The wind is in from the sea again, so the smoke isn’t too bad and it will be cooler than it as been. Yeah!

Shelly, Amy and Jackie – Good luck, have fun, and hope you all beat PRs!!!

Cathy - Glad you’re feeling refreshed! Sometimes breaking from rotation is just what the doctor ordered.

Wendy – Good luck on your 8 miler! You’ll do well! I’m actually thinking of running my 8 mile loop instead of my 7 mile one – I’m tired of running the same places. So I may be suffering with you! LOL You’ll do great, by the way. And think of how proud of yourself you’ll be after running it! Good luck!

Gayle – 3AM? You party girl you! Obviously it was a good time! Enjoy your day – sounds like fun! Get ready for tomorrow!

My one-on-one went well. My boss agrees with me, and mentioned that the VP is very insensitive about certain things, like what he did to me. He’s going to bat for me to his boss (for such a small company, there are many layers!). We’ll see what happens – my boss is a lot of talk, but sometimes not a lot of action…

Hi to all the rest of the Cheetahs who follow!

Gayle :: can't wait to hear what you think of this rotation as you really get into it...Glad you had fun last night!

Christine :: I hope your boss pulls through for you. Fingers are crossed.

I ran 3 miles and will likely do some ab work this afternoon. Still have not decided on u/b. May save that for tomorrow.

Good morning Cheetahs!

Just wanted to drop in and say hi. Got home yesterday evening. All of the rain I've been wanting finally showed up. Had to drive it in from Missouri to home. It was a downpour but Mom and I made it safely. Unpacked, washed and put things away last night. Now, I have to get bills paid, buy groceries, go through mail, etc.

I did manage to get another 3 mile run in Wednesday. Since I have a 10K race tomorrow, I decided to do an easy 20 minute walk and some yoga this morning. The stretching felt good. May do some foam rolling later.

I see quite a few people have races! Good luck!

Will try and catch up later.

Jackie

Hi Ladies!

I'm back and I survived! 8 miles is now under my belt and I have officially signed up for the October 21st Half! WOOH HOO!}( :7 }( I ran the 8 in just under 95 minutes. I had estimated it would take me 90 mins so I was pretty close. I'm very happy. :)

I FORGOT to do abs before I left but I did them immediately after getting home from the run so they are out of the way too. Yeay for me! LOL

I just ate and now have to jump in the shower and head off dress shopping. YIKES! I hope I find something. I don't want to look like I'm wearing a garbage bag tonight. :-(

Alrighty ladies...I'll come back for personals if I have time AFTER my shopping trip! We aren't leave until around 3pm I believe so I should have the time...

BBL!:)

Hi Jackie! Welcome back! We missed you while you were away. How was your trip?...I knew you were racing this weekend, but I see I got the dates mixed up. Best of luck to you tomorrow!!...Sorry about the downpour on the drive home...makes for stressful driving.

Wendy:: GREAT job on the 8 miler...http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Happy/happy-049.gif ...and congrats on signing up for the Oct. HM. *sending lucky shopping vibes up there to ya* :D

K, I'm back, I lied, sue me!:p

:7 :7 :7

I am ready to hit the stores BUT I just needed to have that elusive after work out cup of java before heading out so I figured I'd make use of my java-sippin' time by doing some personals as well. ;)

Gayle: Enjoy your DOR as well as your son's game. Sounds like you and your "friend" spend many a late evening together. What's that all about, young lady? Hmmmm??? }( ;)

Christine: I hope your boss sticks my his word and talks to HIS boss like he said he would. I felt surprisingly good at the end of the 8 miles today. I started *slowly* munching on a protein bar around mile 5 and it really helped keep me going. My legs are what was wearing out and getting tired. I figured it would be my cardio endurance but that wasn't the case at all. Ofcourse, for as slow of a pace as I was keeping I guess there would no excuse for my cardio endurance to give out first! LOL :p I am supposed to do a leg work out tomorrow. I wonder if that will actually happen!? :7

Cathy: So are you still training as if you are going to be running an HM or did you bag that idea?

Jackie: Glad to have you back in town! Good luck on your race tomorrow. BTW, I ordered Sharon Twombly's All Body Attack on Friday from Collage. I should get it this week. I can't wait!}(

Okay, well the java is no where near finished so I gotta get to it and then beat feet! It' already past noon time!:eek:

Until later!:+

Well we got some races going on this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck all!!!!!

Thanks ladies for the wishes. I appreciate this.

I must tell you - I am a little depressed about my "not working out" schedule. I fell out of Cathe and running for a bit and I just am having a hard time getting back. I hate this and I feel upset with myself.

I think it all started this past summer. I went away to Hawaii for 2 weeks on my honeymoon with DH. Then I worked crazy summer hours with the kids so that I could save up some extra cash. We especially needed it after Hawaii and the wedding this past spring.

Well I started up teaching this past week, and I am tired! So pooped! I know if I could just get up early again, 5AM, I would be fine! I would have more energy.

I was doing SO well last year. I have to do this. I know I can.

So anyhow, thanks so much for letting me vent. I have this 3 mile roadrace tomorrow and I really have not trained for it. I hope I will be ok. I am going to take it slow. I will give it all I got.

Thanks again, Happy Saturday all.

Amy :)

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=17330452&uid=9486985&members=1

I’m back!

I did my “8” mile loop and it turned out to be only 7 (I map quested it). Other than a nasty blister on the bottom of my feet from my shoes (I’m off for new shoes shortly), I feel great. If it weren’t for the blister I could have done 8 easily. I’ll have to remember that when I’m dreading my 8 mile run next week! :p

Cathy – We’ll see about my boss. If I bug him enough, he will. And I will, so… Enjoy your ab work – and your ub if you decide to do it.

Jackie – welcome back! Sounds like you need a vacation from your vacation! Isn’t it that way always? Good luck tomorrow!!!

Wendy – WAY TO GO!!! Glad the 8 miler was okay. Isn’t it the best feeling in the world to be done? Starting slow and taking it easy is the best way to run far. Your first HM should not be able speed – but about finishing. The ones after can be about speed. And yes, I always find that unless I’m doing a lot of hills, my legs give out before my cardio endurance. Sometimes I’ll be running along and glance at my watch surprised at how hi my HR is – it doesn’t feel like I’m working hard at all! Weird.

Amy – don’t be too hard on yourself. Life got in the way. Start slowly and you’ll come back. And remember it takes a while to get used to getting up early again. Give yourself a break. You’ll get it back.

I see I will have to become a permanent runner. Jimmy ran 7 miles and had a great time. I had him on the leather leash, which is his training leash and he ran at a perfect heel (good dog!). He’s all bright eyed and happy right now. He LOVES running. I say, “Hey Jim, wanna go for a run?” And he comes running over wiggling. Goofy mutt….

Hi Ladies.

I found 2 dresses. I came home and tried them on for DH. Ofcourse he prefers one and I prefer the other. I will bring them both and decide at the last minute.

I can't hang around...time to pack and get moving.

Enjoy the remainder of your saturday and I'll be back at some point later in the day tomorrow!

Cheers!

By the way, I did want to say that my appetite has been under complete control this week. Almost amazingly so. DH and I went out to Santana Row last night to the Tequila Bar. I had some wine which is normally a death sentence appetite control wise, but we went to Pizza Antiqua for dinner and I had a mixed green salad with oil and vinegar, and we split a small pizza and I was very satisfied. Surprised the heck out of me. I'm going to try another week's worth of no weights - only yoga and pilates along with my running - to see how that goes and I'll report back next week. But so far, I'm thrilled with the results. This is even after a yoga video that does test the upperbody, as well. I've managed to lose 5 pounds this week. Now, if only I can keep that off!!!

Christine,
Way to go on the 5lb weight loss. I was my absolute thinnest when I did just yoga and power walking years ago. My eating was also in control, which never happens. I truly believe that yoga really balances you and don't need as much food or you don't crave as much. I also slept a lot better when I was doing yoga. And don't forget that yoga keeps you strong too. There is so much upper body in it. I have not forgiven you yet for saying that Bryan gets on your nerves;-)

Wendy, AWESOME JOB on the 8 miles. That is such a huge accomplishment!!!!!!

I ran with my hubby 3.5 miles yesterday and it was so nice to run outside. I practiced my chi running technique. I then did PUB chest and back. Today, I did IMAX 3, WHICH I LOVE!!!!! and then PUB shoulder and triceps.

I am off to take the kids to the pool, so no more personals. Good luck to everyone racing and I will see ya tomorrow.

CHeers!

Susan

Gayle - Good luck with the relay tomorrow.

Cathy - During the summer, we're up and trying to beat the sun. Now, we have to wait for some daylight before we can get out for a run. Since DBF is out of town, I'm afraid I'll have to leave home before the crack of dawn tomorrow to get to my race. Hope you had fun shopping and relaxing. I missed everyone too! Thanks! I enjoyed myself. I've been to Chicago so much that we really don't do a whole lot besides shopping and going out to eat. It's nice to spend that time with my sis.

Christine - Congratulations on your 5 pound weight loss! How long will DH be gone? A trip to Austria sounds nice. Great job on the run but sorry for the blister. I dread going to work Monday to a barrage of emails, telephone messages and mail. It would be so nice if someone could take care of all of that stuff while I was gone.

Wendy - Great job on the 8 miles! October 21st will be here before you know it. Hope you enjoy All Body Attack. I've yet to do the whole workout because I like the premixes. Glad you found some dresses.

Amy - Good luck with your race tomorrow. Just do your best and enjoy the run.

Susan - So glad to see you are back to running again. Are you feeling ok?

It's been raining most of the day today. I hope it's not raining in the morning. Don't really want to run in the rain. At least it will be cooler. I'm about to get caught up on everything here.

Enjoy your evening!

Jackie

Was smack in the middle of a post when my internet disconnected. DOH!

Amy :: Oops! Looks like I got *your* race date wrong, too...so I'll wish you luck for tomorrow then!...I agree that it's best not to beat yourself up ~ you have been working very long days this summer and school opening is always hectic and tiresome. But you have remained active and done the best you could, and as soon as we fall back into our teaching routines, I'm sure you (and me) will bounce right back!!

Christine :: CONGRATS on the 5 lb. loss in one week! WOW! The yoga emphasis plan is clearly working.

Jackie :: Yes, you're right - it's been all about beating the heat and now it won't be long til it's about waiting for light, or in my case, beating sundown. Do you still run in the AM if it's dark?...A vacation that's all about shopping and eating sounds good to me! :)

Wendy :: ignore my PM. I think I found you ~ check your account. :)

Hi Susan! Did you give into your Snickers craving?

Amy,
Don't sweat the race:) You will do it another time when you are good and ready.

Cathy, no I did not give in to the snickers craving, but I just had a gigantic burrito at Chevy's!!!! It was delicious. I doubt that Imax 3 burned all of the calories I consumed. I have got to get on track with my eating. I was on track for one day. Oh well, tomorrow is another day;-)

Good night everyone!

Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.